FOCUSED ON YOUR BRAND

For leaders and decision makers of organizations, id8 will develop a distinct brand identity using customer experience research and design thinking, that will help your organization stand out from your competitors and drive higher profits.

When we listen, your customers tell us what they need -- in their words. As a leading brand identity agency, id8 develops brands based on your customer's needs. We offer brand positioning, strategy, naming and identity services.

2000

The City of Atlanta,

The City of Marietta,

The City of Kennesaw

Branding and Website Design for an Analytics Company

“They know their business well and are skilled at branding and web design.”

June 2014 - Dec. 2014

id8 redesigned a brand new website, making it dynamic and integrating graphics and videos. They also collaborated on the branding and new logo. Now, they do maintenance and upgrades.

Rick Reynolds
Co-Founder & CEO, Askforensics

id8 is a small but dedicated team, providing excellent service and modern ideas. They communicated well and worked hard to develop high-quality products. Even though the website is a few years old, it still looks great.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of AskForensics, a company that provides B2B sales and account growth support. We uncover deep perceptions on why sales are won and lost and how accounts are performing, and we deliver specific reports along with analytics.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We needed a partner to update our website, which involved new branding and a full redesign of the web presence.

id8 started by developing a strategy for how to position us and what we wanted to communicate to the public. They conducted an in-depth review of what we’d accomplished and where we wanted to go. From there, they translated those insights into our site’s narrative and branding, including the logo they designed in partner with our PR firm. They built the site from scratch and made it dynamic so that it displays properly on any device or browser. Currently, they maintain the site and provide any necessary updates.

In the design phase, we had about four team members. Now, in maintenance, we just have one.

How did you come to work with id8?

Our PR firm recommended them. The two agencies communicated well, so we decided to hire them.

We spent between $10,000–$15,000.

Our partnership lasted from June–December 2014.

The UX/UI of our site is much better and has remained modern even though it was built about four years ago. We’re pleased with the design, which went from text heavy to integrating lots of graphics and videos.

They know their business well and are skilled at branding and web design. I could see a stark difference between our old site and the new one they created.

Some of the branding exercises we went through were probably unnecessary since we’re an established company.

They’re a small company with a young team, but it makes them resourceful and edgy. They provided the same quality of work we would’ve gotten from a bigger firm, so give them a chance.

Overall Score I don’t have any complaints.

Rebranding for Healthcare Solution Provider

"They listened well to our story and grasped who we are as a company..."

July 2017 - Aug. 2018

id8 created a new brand identity and produced design properties including a logo, sales, sheets, and a website. Their core deliverables were positioning and messaging that blended history with new offerings.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
President, Healthcare Solution Provider

Customers find the redesigned sales sheets engaging and report that the overall redesign successfully combines established business values with exciting prospects. id8 adhered to all specifications and timelines and implemented requested changes. Customers can expect an attentive partner.

I’m the president of a health care company. We offer health care payers solutions for high-cost, low-frequency medical events such as organ and stem cell transplantation.

For what projects/services did your company hire id8?

We brought on id8 to design a new branding strategy as we branched into new product lines. This included a new logo, positioning/messaging, sales sheets, and design for an expanded web presence.

We wanted to retain the essence of our 30-year history while integrating a new look and strategy. It was important to create a design that visualized our vibe and distinguished us from our competitors.

Our parent company had worked with id8 before and were happy with the results. They liked that id8 was a small, young company with fresh ideas.

First, id8 interviewed me to get a sense of my goals. Then, I sent them our current materials and followed up with a phone call to ensure they knew who we are and where we're going. We broke the project down into several modules (deliverables) that built on one another (positioning and messaging informing the design deliverables). Each module had its own timeline, as well as expectations on both sides. After each draft, we had a phone call to discuss feedback to agree on a finalized product.

After an initial call with id8's president, we were assigned a designer who coordinated with other id8 staff as needed, such as a writer. I led the customer side and sought feedback from my team in preparation for phone calls with id8. For the last couple of modules, we were assigned a junior account manager who coordinated the project in close collaboration with the designer.

id8 pushed us out of our comfort zone in asking us to reimagine ourselves, particularly our logo. We’ve received a lot of very positive feedback about it however, and the new look is fresh but still embodies our friendly and helpful position in the market. Our newly designed sales sheets have driven a lot of interest from customers who want to learn more about our new products. As a bonus, they seem to understand how our history and new developments are separate but connected. Metric-wise, revenue from new lines of business in 2018 increased 59% over the prior year.

The expectations for both parties were very clear. id8 performed their work within the established deadlines, but I wasn't able to finish my work a few times. id8 followed up with me and were very accommodating of my availability. Our workflow worked very well.

They listened well to our story and grasped who we are as a company, and then did an excellent job designing a logo and materials that told that story visually.

I understood the need for an account manager so that the designer's time could be used most effectively. However, we really enjoyed and preferred our direct communication with the designer.

Overall Score id8 did a great job and I enjoyed working with them. They sought feedback to improve throughout the process, which was helpful.
    id8 set mutually agreeable schedules and always met their deadlines.
    They aren't the most affordable vendor, but they earned their fee.
    They provided what we expected, in the time we expected.
    If someone was looking for a designer, I'd recommend id8.

Rebranding for Personal Injury Law Firm

"id8’s team was good about setting deadlines and working with me when I had to extend them."

Mar. 2016 - Mar. 2017

id8 developed a website and a brochure to support a rebranding launch. They created a mobile-responsive design for the site and adhered to brand guidelines when designing the brochure.

Lauren McJenkin Kim
Marketing Director, The Cooper Firm

Both the website and brochure continue to deliver value years after they debuted. id8 delivered high-end creative using a combination of proactive communication and attentive customer service. Driving to meet deadlines and contributed marketing best practices, they exceed all expectations.

I’m the marketing director for a catastrophic and wrongful death law firm. We specialize in personal injury cases and market mostly to other attorneys.

For what projects/services did your company hire id8?

We needed to develop a website to host a video for the launch of our new brand and create a brochure that matched the style and appeal of the website.

We wanted to create a web page that matched the high-level services we offer our attorney partners.

id8 was designing and printing our marketing collateral and handling our web design before I came on board. I was free to choose another vendor for this project, but I appreciated that attention and care they offered their clients.

They designed a mobile-responsive website with a modern design that appealed to other law firms looking for partners for big cases. Additionally, they designed a brochure for us to use during the launch. Although ideas for the brochure and web concept were in place before I began, we much started from scratch when I arrived.

I worked with a production artist, who acted as a client coordinator, their president, and a web designer. The president was hands-on and ensured that all our needs were met, while the web designer was especially responsive to change requests.

Even after a few years, people are still impressed with our website. The brochure played a key part in the launch, and we still use it to forge new relationships. Feedback on our collateral focused on its high-end look and feel, which directly reflects the services we provide.

The project went smoothly, just as our others with them have. id8’s team was good about setting deadlines and working with me when I had to extend them. If I was struggling to meet one, they would push me the exact right amount. Communication was never an issue, and every member of their team was highly responsive.

We really enjoy working with id8. No matter our scope, they give us the necessary attention to deliver a great product. They make time to have discussions with us and never make us feel like a burden. Marketing and branding trends change constantly, but id8 stays on top of all of them.

I am satisfied in all aspects of my working relationship with id8 and will continue to use them for future projects.

They were very responsive.
    It was comparable to other agencies but they paid greater attention and care to us.

Advertising & Marketing for Search Consulting Firm

"They’re an all-around skilled, versatile team— I can use them as a counselor or as a designer."

2004–Ongoing

id8 has provided ongoing design and advertising support for a consulting firm. They designed a website and support a range of campaigns, including social media marketing and mailing efforts.

Robert O'Halloran
Managing Partner, BDS Yarmouth & Choate

The marketing services and design support from id8 have contributed to successful presentations and an overall improved presence for the business. The team’s trustworthiness and transparency have made them a consistent partner in the multiyear engagement.

I’m the managing partner of BDS Yarmouth & Choate. We’re an executive consulting firm located in both Atlanta, Georgia and Asheville, North Carolina.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We’ve hired id8 for several projects. First, they helped us with our website design. Since then, we’ve used their services for various marketing campaigns.

For the first engagement, id8 helped us design our website. They supported our efforts in creating and formatting the layout of the site and the content.

We hired them to strengthen our marketing efforts. They’ve helped us run a variety of campaigns, ranging from the traditional mailing to social media marketing. Although receiving advertisements in the mail isn’t modern, id8 is helping us produce meaningful materials. During this process, their team helped us redesign our logo and marketing materials. They’ve guided us in finding colors and templates that fit our brand.

My main contacts throughout the process have been Julie (Art Director, id8) and Kriston (CEO, id8). They lead our meetings and discussions to ensure the work goes smoothly. There are a few others working on the project, but these two are the primary teammates.

How did you come to work with id8?

We were working with a previous developer, but we felt we needed to go in a different direction. However, they introduced us to id8, so we’ve been using them as our design team ever since because we were incredibly impressed.

It’s hard to add up the total cost because we’ve been working together so long, but the cost falls in the $10,000–$50,000 range.

We began working together in 2004 and the engagement is ongoing.

We haven’t felt the need to track the results in a quantifiable way because of how much we trust id8’s expertise. We’re fully satisfied with the work they’ve done for us and we’re highly comfortable working on future projects with them. Working with them allows us to put our best foot forward when presenting our business to larger firms.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

They excel at keeping me on task and up to date on their progress. Their approach is very friendly and comforting. They’re collaborative and allow me to bounce my ideas off them to receive honest feedback.

Even though my company is very specific with our requirements, we’ve never needed to be demanding with id8 because they always deliver quality work. They’re an all-around skilled, versatile team— I can use them as a counselor or as a designer. All of my expectations are exceeded and I have complete faith in their team to do the work correctly.

There’s nothing they could do better for me. If I weren’t satisfied with their work, I wouldn’t have continued using them for as long as I have.

Trust and listen to their team. Opening up to them about your expectations and goals is crucial in having a collaborative, productive engagement. Be transparent in your conversations with them.

I've already referred them to an important partner of mine.

Development for a Surveying Company

"id8 is a team of professionals who know what they’re doing."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

id8 developed a new site in collaboration with the internal team. They also wrote copy and contracted partners to take pictures and create videos for the site.

David Stuart
Operations Manager, Gaskins Surveying Company, Inc.

id8 is extremely skilled, flexible, and knowledgeable. They collaborated smoothly and managed time effectively, moving the project along even despite internal delays. They worked diligently to meet all the outlined goals and delivered an attractive site that's garnered extensive praise.

I’m the director of engineering and operations for Gaskins Surveying Company, Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We needed to update and modernize our website so it accurately reflected our company's culture and experience.

id8 started the redesign essentially from scratch, preserving only a few segments of our old site. After a series of meetings, they presented wireframes for our feedback and approval. We iterated on the design until we arrived at the final version.

Beyond web development, they also wrote copy and hired photographers and videographers to create pictures and videos for our website. They now provide updates and regular maintenance as needed.

We had one main point of contact, but they dedicated an entire team to our project.

How did you come to work with id8?

We interviewed them and two other companies. id8 was located nearby and seemed to be the best fit.

We spent between $35,000–$40,000.

We partnered in September 2017, and the work is ongoing. Our site went live in June 2018.

The website id8 delivered has a high-quality visual appearance. We’ve received many positive comments about the new design.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager was excellent. id8 remained diligent and patient even when we slowed the process down.

The CEO of id8 took a personal interest in our project and made sure we were satisfied.

Trust them as a partner. id8 is a team of professionals who know what they’re doing.

We've already recommended them a ton.

Branding for a Real Estate Company

“They are incredible listeners, and they made us feel comfortable right away.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

id8 overhauled the brand image of a third-generation real estate developer. They created a new website, logo, and branding materials, and brought the business into the 21st century.

Bay Harbor, Florida
Scott Hawley
Managing Director, Kaplan Residential

Management, partners, and clients all feel that the new materials capture the essence of the brand and honor company history. id8 was well organized and always kept the project on track. They work hard and deliver on their promises.

I’m the managing director for an apartment developer.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We’re a third-generation real estate developer, and we wanted to update our business while respecting our history. We needed help recreating our business and bringing our branding into the 21st century.

They redid our website and completely overhauled our logo, business cards, and other materials. We used some existing imagery, but went in a completely new direction with the site. We requested customizable sections, and id8 listened to everything we wanted and transformed our vision into reality.

Since we completed the rebrand, we’ve hired them to create two electronic brochures that describe our main business lines. They took everything we had in our heads and in our files, synthesized all of it, and transformed it into some really fantastic materials.

Overall, the group includes about five people. We mostly interact with their founder and another main point of contact.

How did you come to work with id8?

We met with multiple groups, but none of them offered what we needed. A partner in our firm heard about id8 and reached out to them. We met with them in person, and everything clicked into place.

We’ve spent around $60,000.

We negotiated our contract in June 2018 and started working together in July. The collaboration is ongoing.

We have a lot of pride in our history. Our chairman fell completely in love with their work, and we've received terrific feedback from clients and partners. The website really captures our personality.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re extremely well organized. There is always a danger that a creative process will go sideways, but they are adept at keeping the process on track and achieving goals. We are impressed by how well they manage us.

They never overstated their abilities, but always delivered on their promises. They are incredible listeners, and they made us feel comfortable right away. They work hard, and they fit well with our company culture and our practices.

I can’t think of anything they should improve. They’ve exceeded all our expectations.

Go and meet with them. Be prepared for an in-depth conversation, and allow them to challenge you. They will make great suggestions to chart a new course.

Branding for a Wall Manufacturing Company

"One thing that sticks out about id8 is that they always deliver excellent work."

2013 - Ongoing

id8 provides 360-degree branding services, including the development of a website, logo, and messaging strategy. They now support SEO as well as updates to the site.

Hannah Ian
Director of Marketing, Earth Wall Products

The number of website visitors has increased dramatically since the project began. id8’s responsiveness and ability to turn constructive feedback into implementable, on-time deliverables are hallmarks of the engagement. Efficiency and high-quality work make them a valuable partner.

I’m the director of marketing for a company that licenses the ability to manufacture several retaining wall blocks. We own the patents and do all the research and development on those products. I work mainly with marketing the licenses in order to gain more producers and manufacturers.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

The relationship started before my time. Earth Wall Products first hired id8 to help with our branding, which was non-existent at that time.

From the start, id8 was completely responsible for helping us create our messaging, our logo, and our first website. We came back to them a couple of years later to update the site. They completely redid it, including the creation of an interactive map. We came to them with the idea for a map of our manufacturing locations across the country. They developed the plugin and wrote the code.

id8 helps with messaging and branding on other products. They also do a lot of graphic design in terms of the website and marketing literature (i.e., sales sheets).

Julie (art director, id8) is our main account lead. Over the years we’ve worked with three or four additional team members.

How did you come to work with id8?

They were recommended to our founder. He chose them mainly because he’d heard good things about their ability to position a company among their competitors. When I came on, it was a no-brainer to continue using them because they’d gotten us traction with our branding.

I don't know the amount from before I started. We’ve spent between $10,000–$15,000 in my time.

The engagement started back in 2013. They continue to provide ongoing maintenance and analytics of our website.

Our website traffic has doubled since they redid the site. We’ve also seen big improvements in the Google Analytics and other SEO metrics.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is absolutely incredible. Everything is extremely timely. Deadlines are always hit or even early. They’re good at communicating what we need to provide them, such as photos, so they’re able to work effectively. They always start each project with an onboarding meeting. They use their time wisely whenever they have us in their office, which we appreciate.

I’ve worked with a lot of agencies. One thing that sticks out about id8 is that they always deliver excellent work. They’re quick to jump on everything. If we have a concern, they tackle it with urgency. Even if it takes time to get an answer for us, they’ll respond and let us know they're working on it. Simple things like that stand out.

I really can't think of anything. We haven’t had a single issue in our entire engagement. It’s been quite smooth working with them.

The biggest thing would be to take in what they recommend. Definitely explain to them everything about your company and how it operates, but let them use their expertise.

Branding for a Food and Beverage Company

"They go above and beyond to accommodate us in any situation."

July 2008 - Ongoing

id8 is a go-to partner for business design and printing needs, particularly various branded business cards. They’ve also designed documents that help retail crews streamline business operations.

Director, Food and Beverage Company

id8 is a personable and reliable team to know for long-term partnerships. They’re consistently responsive and are accommodating when it comes to quick turnarounds, special project needs, and remedying any minor issues that arise. Though small, they’re a fun and trustworthy company.

I’m a director for a national company that deals in the food and beverage industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We hired id8 for routine business printing needs, such as business cards for our various retail brands.

We’ve worked with id8 to design and print business cards for our different outlets across the country. All of our printing needs have varied depending on the brand, so we work closely with id8’s graphic designers for those routine needs and for a few small projects. They’ve also helped us create documents that our retail crews use to track expense allocation and other business operational materials.

I’ve worked with four or five people from their team over the years. My primary contact is Kriston (CEO, id8). I’ve also worked with Julie (Art Director, id8) and Ashley (Production Artist, id8).

How did you come to work with id8?

I was referred to them before they had rebranded to id8. I met Kriston and started working with her and their account representatives during their rebrand, and have been with them ever since.

We spend $10,000–$15,000 annually.

The company started working with id8 in October 2008. I started working with Kriston and her team in May of 2010. Our relationship is ongoing.

We don’t track them with any key performance indicators (KPIs), but we haven’t had to. We regularly see that they’re responsive, have quick turnarounds, and value our partnership with them. During one project, a printer that they used had a QA problem, and our cards were sent out to the end user cut improperly. id8 was fast to remedy the issue, reprinted the cards, and started using another printer until they could figure out what went wrong.

A few other situations arose where we had emergency print jobs or needed a quicker turnaround than usual, and they’ve always been able to make that happen. Instead of going through the normal process of submitting a form to them, I’m able to call someone and get a 1–2-week job done in 48 hours. They go above and beyond to accommodate us in any situation.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very good at keeping me in the loop with our projects and the people we work with. If someone I’m used to working with was going to be on leave for any period of time, they'd always let me know ahead of time and make sure I was comfortable working with their replacement. I got to know their team well, which is important in a long-term partnership.

There are pros and cons to working with smaller companies. With id8, the pros far outweigh the cons. Being able to work closely with the same people and learn their personalities has been very valuable. I’ve worked with larger, corporate vendors for similar jobs in the past, and they'd outsource our work to someone else when they got behind. We don’t have to worry about that with id8. They’ll help us any way they can and it’s nice to know them on a personal level.

The only improvement I’d suggest, and it’s very minor, is to better vet technology and project management tools before implementing them. At one point after they switched to a new tool, I had issues with our projects not being on the right server, or emails being sent without attachments. As soon as I brought it to their attention, they switched back to their other method. Their recovery for that issue was so quick, the issue was inconsequential.

If possible, go visit them. They have held holiday parties and other small events for their clients, and they’re a great team of people to know.

Rebranding for a Nonprofit Organization

"Their team took a genuine interest in our work."

June 2018 - Ongoing

id8 assisted with rebranding a growing organization with different divisions and programs. The team designed logos and marketing materials. They also drafted content for press releases and other works.

Eliyahu Schusterman
CEO, Chabad Intown

Initial feedback has been extremely positive. id8’s work will significantly benefit the organization’s brand. Their creative team is dedicated and hardworking. They worked hard to keep the project on task. Their personable approach supplemented continued engagement.

I’m the founder and CEO of Chabad Intown, a Jewish outreach nonprofit organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with id8?

We were in the process of moving into a larger building, which effectively grew our organization significantly. We needed a rebranding to bring our brand up to our current level of growth while being in line with the modernization, messaging and relevance of our nonprofit. Another challenge was ensuring that all the divisions within our group focused on their specific concentrations while maintaining the consistent feel across our organization.

id8 created a brand logo and designed new logos for our programs and divisions within the organization. Along with logo design, their team generated new promotional materials and redesigned our site and social media pages. They also created content for press releases and other PR related work.

We have a primary point of contact there, but we interact with probably three of their team members.

How did you come to work with id8?

Someone who is involved with our organization has worked with different companies id8 has done branding work for, so he guided our process. We interviewed a few companies, going into what our needs were. We also wanted to hear what they felt they could bring to our nonprofit. id8 stood out to us because they had a clear sense of what we wanted and didn’t offer things we didn’t need.

We’ve spent about $20,000–$25,000.

We started working with id8 in June 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We’re wrapping up the engagement now. There are few items that need attention on our end, but we’re close to the finish line. From what we’ve seen so far, we’re looking forward to an excellent finished product. We’ve seen nothing but outrageously positive feedback so far. id8 hit all cylinders, working hard to accomplish our goals. They’ve captured the essence of our organization. Working with id8 has been a home run.

How did id8 perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is fantastic. id8 stays on top of everything. We’re an organization with a lot of moving pieces. They made sure we followed through, keeping the project alive. Their team put in the effort to motivate both sides, going beyond their initial scope.

They are a company with boundless integrity and honesty. Their creativity was also impressive. id8 runs an exceptional operation with efficient processes in place to manage their workflow.

Not really. id8 has done a tremendous job.

id8 is a wonderful company with a hardworking and personable staff. Their team took a genuine interest in our work. I would encourage anyone that’s looking for a branding agency to choose id8.

Web Dev & Branding for Management Consulting Firm

"I had a clear vision of what I was looking for, and id8 delivered."

May - Sept. 2018

id8 updated a website using WordPress to create a contemporary brand. The team selected a theme and concept, then integrated a variety of functions. They also tested the site on web-based browsers.

Mike Hill
Managing Director, Trenton Consulting

id8 exceeded expectations. The brand new site enhanced the firm’s image, making them stand out in a competitive field. id8’s collaborative approach supplemented their responsive, professional management style. They exhibited excellent customer service, delivering work on time.

I’m the founder & CEO of Trenton Consulting, a full-service management consulting firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire id8?

We engaged with id8 to update our website and a company rebranding.

We wanted to create a professional and contemporary brand and replace our website with a responsive WordPress site that works on various platforms.

I’ve known their business for ten years and have worked with them on previous projects.

id8 built a six-page website to represent the brand’s image online. Their team reviewed various WordPress themes and developed two homepage concepts. After rounds of revisions with client feedback, their team began integrating Google Analytics, optimizing web graphics, writing code and formatted a sitemap. Then the site was tested on different web browsers.

We worked with a project manager, designer, and developer.

The work id8 completed has updated our image. Our new site can compete with any others in the consulting industry.

id8 employs a useful collaborative project management tool. Their team set regular informational meetings to provide status updates on the project.

I appreciated their flexibility. They even changed project managers for us when we got off schedule. Their team’s attention to detail and customer service also stood out. I had a clear vision of what I was looking for, and id8 delivered.

We started with a project manager who wasn’t as authoritative as we needed. Their team was quick to make that change.