Award Winning Mobile App Developer & Design Studio

GoodWorkLabs is a world leading new-age software and design lab that delivers cutting-edge products and solutions for customers globally. With an objective to solve complex problems for customers, the firm specialises in outsourced product development, high-end mobile/gaming apps and custom software development across technologies including Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, Mac, iOS and Android.

GoodWorkLabs also houses a unique UX/UI Design Studio and crafts beautiful and useful interfaces and products.

DNA of GoodWorkLabs

#1 – Beauty. Beautiful, easy to use, efficient solutions.

#2 – Scalability. Tough, bug free, optimised & scalable code.

#3 – Agility. Build iteratively and efficiently.

#4 – Innovation. We believe in changing the world through technology & design.

Bangalore, India
  • 4th Floor, Akshay Tech Park, EPIP Zone, Whitefield
    Bangalore 560066
  • 7100, Stevenson Blvd.
    Fremont, CA 94538

Unilever, Avaya, Sesame Street, ST Dupont, Flipkart, CommonFloor

iOS Mobile App Development for Ride-Sharing Platform

"GoodWorkLabs managed the whole project, and I found that aspect of their services to be exceptional."

Jan. 2017

GoodWorkLabs developed an InVision prototype for an iOS mobile app. They developed wireframes for both the prototype and the actual full-scope application. The app is built using Swift.

Sydney, Australia
Shiva Kodur
Founder, HopSkipRide

During the process, GoodWorkLabs took the time to provide valuable feedback and suggestions for the app. Their team was always readily available to speak about the project, and everything was delivered on time.

HopSkipRide provides a rideshare service for kids between the ages of 4 and 17. Our market segment is made up of parents struggling to transport their kids to and from school and weekend activities. We aim to provide a safe, reliable, and affordable shuttle for the 1.78 million potential children in Australia who fall within this age group.

I am the CEO and founder of the company. I address issues surrounding childcare, empowerment of women in their careers, and opportunities for caretakers to earn additional income.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoodWorkLabs?

We needed to develop a prototype on the iOS platform, which we could showcase to investors, allowing them to see what the end-state of the application would be.

We aim to address the issue of not having a reliable method of transporting kids without affecting the careers of primary caretakers, in addition to helping them manage their time more efficiently.

The size of the market is 1.78 million kids in Australia whose parents would benefit from this service. And with that figure rising 6.7% year over year, it only puts additional pressure on parents and childcare facilities.

GoodWorkLabs developed an InVision prototype to showcase to potential investors. There were two developers assigned to our project who worked with us for one month, developing wireframes for not only the prototype but the actual full-scope UI and UX of the app. We are developing it in the Swift language.

How did you come to work with GoodWorkLabs?

Our company is based in Sydney, Australia, but I visit Bangalore quite frequently. The cost of local developers is quite high, starting at the $150-per-hour mark. I knew that the quality of developers in India was exceptional, and their services are less expensive. I came across GoodWorkLabs through a Google search and found reviews from people who had developed apps through them. They have a good reputation in the market. The quality of GoodWorkLabs' UX and UI designs was also very good, based on the apps I played around with. They also have previous experience in producing apps for major corporations. I had the confidence that GoodWorkLabs could build a good platform for us.

How much have you invested with GoodWorkLabs?

The cost of GoodWorkLabs' work has been between $5,000 and $10,000. The investment has been quite small, but, if I choose to work with them in the future, the cost will be significantly higher. It is very likely that I work with GoodWorkLabs again.

We started working with GoodWorkLabs in January 2017.

GoodWorkLabs has given us a lot of feedback, even on aspects outside of the app. They proposed additional features which parents might want, as well as an extra layer of security, and color scheme suggestions. I wasn't sure what colors we should be using, but GoodWorkLabs advised me on what would be easy on the eye, which are the colors that people gravitate towards, and which offer a safe feeling. GoodWorkLabs understood the emotions experienced by users looking at the app on a daily basis.

Since the app isn't complete, I don't have any user feedback for it. I think that GoodWorkLabs has delivered an exceptional product, but I would have appreciated more follow-up support from their side, to ensure that everything was working fine. This will matter more when the app will be developed fully, versus only being a prototype.

How did GoodWorkLabs perform from a project management standpoint?

GoodWorkLabs managed the whole project, and I found that aspect of their services to be exceptional. GoodWorkLabs gave me updates on a daily basis with where they were, and around any areas which caused issues. GoodWorkLabs clarified that they were on the right track, didn't waste any of my time, and delivered everything as they promised during that one month period.

The developer and project manager from GoodWorkLabs' side were in touch with me on a daily basis through Skype. Whenever I had new ideas to discuss, I was able to get a hold of them straight away.

What did you find most impressive about GoodWorkLabs?

The fact that GoodWorkLabs' team contributes actively to the work, are passionate about my ideas, and want to learn more about the journey is what’s most impressive. They gave me reassurance that I was addressing a market concern. GoodWorkLabs' CEO took part in our face-to-face meeting, which I found to be a nice touch, considering the size of their company.

Are there any areas GoodWorkLabs could improve?

My only suggestion for improvement would be to follow up with clients on delivered solutions to ensure that it is working well for the client and determine if any further support is required.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with GoodWorkLabs?

I would advise future clients to let GoodWorkLabs come up with creative ideas. They have developed a whole range of apps and can draw on certain elements from those. I should give GoodWorkLabs a bit more freedom to do what's right, but the underlying objective is simply to meet an app's requirements.

Overall Score I had an overall great experience with GoodWorkLabs.
    GoodWorkLabs delivered on time even with multiple changes.
    I found the Quality/Cost ratio of GoodWorkLabs' services to be acceptable.
    I had excellent feedback from friends on the quality and UX of GoodWorkLabs' services.
    I have already referred and suggested GoodWorkLabs to multiple people.

UI/UX for Social CRM Mobile & Web Applications

"I found the right attention to detail with their team."

Sept. - Dec. 2015

GoodWorkLabs provided user experience and interface design for the consumer- and enterprise-facing sides of a mobile application. The project required building experiences to suit a variety of users.

Ashish Joshi
CEO, Mobile Development Company

Both interfaces have been praised for their usable, intuitive design by users. Through exaustive research, GoodWorkLabs made the app fluid and accessible for all users. The team adapted to deliver challenging tasks, and independently developed creative, detailed solutions.

We are Audetemi, a young company creating products in the mobile self-service area for enterprises. We help customers connect with their consumers efficiently and effectively.

I am the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with GoodWorkLabs?

Even though providing great customer experience for consumers is seen as a focus point for many enterprises, we've noticed that products tend to be aimed at enterprises. We intend to develop a mobile application aimed directly at consumers, which we could offer to enterprises. The key to our development process would have to be user experience. As a result, we needed to find UI/UX development resources.

GoodWorkLabs worked on the design for both the consumer and enterprise-side of our application. We've gotten good feedback from everyone we've shown the application to.

How did you come to work with GoodWorkLabs?

I came across their company by accident, through a blog post made by their CEO on LinkedIn. I was impressed with it and discovered we had similar thought processes. I contacted them and appreciated their openness in showing me how they worked, and not hiding the fact that they are a young company. The more I talked to them, the more I became convinced that they were the right partner to work with.

The total cost of the project was between $30-40,000.

We started working with GoodWorkLabs in September of 2015. The project was completed in mid-December.

Their work is very good. It's important to keep in mind that there are different niches when it comes to UI/UX development and design. There are companies that specialize in game development, in action-oriented apps, or in enterprise-level UX. The challenge for us was tackling at least two of these three categories. We had a mobile and an enterprise side.

GoodWorkLabs did a good job of designing the user experience. For example, a left-handed person will sweep their thumb from right to left, while the opposite applies for a right-handed person. This is the kind of customization we considered when sketching out the app. I found the right attention to detail with their team.

What distinguishes GoodWorkLabs from other providers?

I would say their attention to detail is what sets them aside. They insisted on coming up with a design of their own before discussing my own ideas, in order to not influence their designers, and to allow them full freedom of creativity. When I showed my colleagues from the Business school of Berkeley the UI designs made by GoodWorkLabs, they appreciated the level of detail present in it.

Is there anything GoodWorkLabs could have improved or done differently?

Project management is a potential area of improvement. They should set timelines more clearly. GoodWorkLabs should also streamline their communication by arranging regular meetings. My project was small enough as not to require a dedicated project manager. The lead designer was in charge of it, and he did a good job managing the rest of the team. They were largely driven by our guidance, as there was a different company involved in building the backend side of the product. We took it upon ourselves to build the appropriate coordination.

I've already referred them to two colleagues.

Enterprise Software and Mobile Development for Security Company

"The dollar-to-dollar value was tremendous."

GoodWorkLabs provided architecture and development resources to optimize a security platform for mobile. The project involved building plug-ins and upgrading software to meet current standards.

Paul Simpson
Founder, ID Verify Wizard

The solution is functional and affordable. GoodWorkLabs set themselves apart from competitors by building a high-quality product, delivering excellent value for money, and immediately responding to any inquiries or issues. The team's dedication to customer service helped the project run smoothly.

We're an IT [information technology] company specializing in string verification and fraud prevention for POS [point of sale] or POT [point of transaction] systems.

I'm the director, founder, and owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with GoodWorkLabs?

We needed to upgrade our system in order to meet newer requirements. In the cloud space, standards evolve on a yearly or even monthly basis. In the current paradigm, phones are no longer phones – they're computers. To be able to access our company's product online, as well as performing tasks, was critical. Laptops are becoming an endangered species.

GoodWorkLabs built a solution that expanded our platform's usability on mobile environments. We upgraded our platform with the newest plug-ins and looked at GoodWorkLabs for providing these services. Working with them has been a phenomenal experience. The knowledge they provided, especially their in-house architect, was fantastic. The hardest aspect about the collaboration was the time zone difference.

How did you come to work with GoodWorkLabs?

We attended a marketing and sales conference in Los Angeles. I met a gentleman who owned a company in the Netherlands, and had been working with GoodWorkLabs. We vetted them out and received a cost projection based on what we already had and what we hoped to accomplish going forward.

The cost of our project has been between $300,000 and $400,000.

My expectations in terms of quality, service, and cooperation were far exceeded. The dollar-to-dollar value was tremendous. There are times when you receive more than what you paid for, which was the case here.

What distinguishes GoodWorkLabs from other providers?

There may be vendors offering the same level of work, but one of the things that stood out for me was their level of service and approach to the customer's need. GoodWorkLabs is focused on what has to be done. If there was an issue, they did everything in their power to make sure that it was fixed quickly.

Is there anything GoodWorkLabs could have improved or done differently?

Communication proved to be an issue because of different time zones. For example, 8 o'clock in the evening here is early in the morning for GoodWorkLabs. This isn't something that can be resolved, unless they could open an office in the United States and make someone available locally.

If GoodWorkLabs were situated in the United States, I'd use them on a regular basis. In my line of business, I can't typically go outside the borders because it's critical to know that someone is at an arm's length, rather than at the world's length. This is the only issue I have with them.

Overall Score It's been great working with them. They have a fantastic business attitude. I don't know if it's typical of Indian companies, but they're very respectful and obliging.
    There is a time zone difference, and different locations bring with them different national holidays, and so on, but it's not necessarily their fault.
    It would have cost four times as much to hire a United States company.