Full Service | Digital Agency

Whether starting a new business or revamping an established one, we will make your full scope of digital dreams a reality. With an extensive range of custom services and carefully curated team of experts, we take your online and offline presence to the next level.

1998
Portland, OR
  • 1108 Chancellors Ridge
    Durham, NC 27713

Our services are accessible to all types of customers. We have the capacity to handle large established companies, while providing the same attention to small and medium-sized businesses still growing.

Notable brands include:

1. ABNAmro
  2. Heineken
  3. Intuit
  4. T-Mobile
  5. OPI

See full portfolio: https://fountain-city.com/work/

Gold Moon

Custom website development for innovative productline company.

Glass Alchemy

Custom illustration work for virtual and physical prododuct lines.

Eclipse - sparkling beverage

Eclipse logo, product design and custom illustration work.

Robert Trent Jones II

Full site redesign and upgrade with advanced functionality and modular component design approach.

Kite Tea

Branding, logo and packaging design for elegant modern tea company.

Renewable Northwest

New mobile responsive website for pacific northwest energy organization. Ensuring the world is moving towards a better, more sustainable energy future.

Web Dev for Acupuncture Healing Company

"We valued the way they supported us throughout the project—everything was on track."

May. 2017–Mar. 2018

Fountain City, Inc. developed a custom e-commerce on WordPress to consolidate multiple sites. They managed the entire design and creation process for the website and used an agile approach.

Terri Chamberlin
Business Manager, TATlife, Inc.

The improved platform has earned significant traffic and users spend more time on the site. The Fountain City Inc. team showed a high level of commitment to the success of the project. They delivered the work in a timely manner and were a valuable resource.

I’m the business manager of TATlife, Inc. We’re an acupuncture healing company. We sell recordings and offer live webinars, workshops, and private sessions. We have students, professionals, and trainers all over the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fountain City, Inc.?

We’ve never had a functioning, efficient website which impedes our goal of creating an easy-to-use online store with all of our resources in one place. We wanted to have one main site that displays our offerings and resources clearly and cohesively. Due to this need, we hired Fountain City, Inc. to create our platform.

We held an initial meeting in which we explained our company and project goals. From this, the project manager visualized our ideas and began the work. They developed an aThemes website so we’d have the ability to make future changes as necessary. Their developers paired the site with WooCommerce and build on WordPress. Their team handled the graphic design, colors, flow, UX, etc.

To begin the project, Sebastian (CEO/Owner, Fountain City, Inc.) assigned Anthony (Project Manager, Fountain City, Inc.) to our project. David (Web Developer, Fountain City, Inc.) was our main developer, and there were others working with us, too.

How did you come to work with Fountain City, Inc.?

Though we looked at a few companies, we followed a referral to work with Fountain City, Inc. We had worked with several developers in the past, so we knew this team felt right. They had a strong grasp on our goals after a ten-minute conversation.

We spent $28,000 on their services.

We worked together from May 2017–March 2018.

Our Google Analytics account shows we have a significant number of new users. Additionally, the length of time they spend on the site is four times longer than with our old platforms.

How did Fountain City, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager was amazing—we were kept updated on every stage. They were highly responsive and communicated with us via text, email, webinar-based meetings, and tickets. If we ever had emergencies, they answered quickly. Even if there were delays on our end, they were helpful and felt like a part of our team.

We valued the way they supported us throughout the project—everything was on track. We were always made aware of our budget and timelines.

There was nothing they could have done better.

Overall Score I can’t say enough wonderful things about them.
    Everything was always on time on their end.
    They were less pricey than previous companies we worked with.
    They created a the website in a cost-effective way.
    We’ve already given them referrals.

E-Commerce Dev for Organic Beauty Brand

“They delivered quality, clean, and stable code, and they follow industry best practices in each of their processes.”

Jan. 2017 - Nov. 2018

After a short discovery period, Fountain City, Inc. helped plan and build a new e-commerce website on a Shopify platform. They implemented some SEO strategies and worked on several additional features.

New Mexico
Jonathan Hansen
IT Manager, Vapour Beauty

Fountain City, Inc. delivered high-quality work within a strict deadline. They’re a team of skilled and trustworthy people, showing a high level of commitment. Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient, their team was a valuable partner.

I manage the IT and web development needs for Vapor Beauty. We’re a natural cosmetics manufacturer and distributor.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fountain City, Inc.?

Our e-commerce site was operating on a very old platform, and the owners of the technology weren’t maintaining it properly. We ran into several problems and security breaches that were nearly impossible to fix. Eventually, the technology owners decided to shut down the platform and told us we had six months before we’d lose our website. We needed to find a vendor quickly and build a new e-commerce store on a new platform.

Our engagement with Fountain City, Inc. started with a brief discovery phase where we shared our requirements for the new platform. We decided to use the Shopify platform to build a more modern e-commerce website. Fountain City, Inc. put together a very detailed action plan for the entire project, listing hours for each task and accounting for any possible challenges. We wanted a predictable budget, so this roadmap was extremely helpful. Once we finalized all of the plans, their team built out our site on Shopify and implemented some SEO strategies. After launching, they added some extra features.

I worked with Sebastian (CEO, Fountain City, Inc.), Will (Developer, Fountain City, Inc.), Joshua (Technical Project Manager, Fountain City, Inc.), and Anthony (Marketing, Founder City, Inc.).

How did you come to work with Fountain City, Inc.?

I’ve been friends with Sebastian for nearly 20 years, and we’ve worked together in the past. I was familiar with his experience and the quality of his work, so I reached out to him when I needed help. We considered a few other vendors but ultimately chose Fountain City, Inc. My boss met Sebastian and immediately trusted him.

We spent between $25,000­–$35,000 on this project.

We started working with Fountain City, Inc. in early 2017 but took a small break. The project picked back up again in August 2017, and we launched the site in February 2018. Our partnership officially ended in November 2018.

Fountain City, Inc. helped us out of an urgent situation. They delivered quality, clean, and stable code, and they follow industry best practices in each of their processes. Their services are very advanced, and they still came in under budget. I could trust their team to guide us in the right direction. As a result of their services, our revenue has significantly increased.

How did Fountain City, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was great. If we ever ran into an obstacle, someone was always available to help. The Fountain City, Inc. team was very well organized, and they paid close attention to even the smallest details.

Fountain City, Inc. allocated their resources efficiently, which helped them stay within budget. Even though they billed us for their time, I could count on them to work as quickly as possible. Their planning and management skills are fantastic.

After we finished the core part of the project, Fountain City, Inc. billed us for some additional time that we didn’t necessarily expect. The charges were very minimal, but we would’ve liked them to communicate with us beforehand.

Clients should be very clear about what they want. Having direct and detailed requirements will save time in the end, and it reduces the need for additional back-and-forth communication.

Additionally, I recommend clients use Fountain City, Inc.’s graphic design team. It’s very well integrated with the development team, and they have a very efficient inter-team workflow.

They met all of our deadlines.
    They use their resources efficiently, which saves us money.
    They delivered clean and well-executed code.
    I’ve already recommended them to a lot of people.

Website Overhaul for Consulting Services Nonprofit

"Relationships matter to this team, and it makes for a pleasant and productive experience."

Jan. - Mar. 2018

Having previously worked with them, Fountain City, Inc. revamped the website’s layout and backend. They updated the navigation and features, loaded fresh content, did testing, and helped with its launch.

Seattle, Washington
Lisa Colton
Founder and President, Darim Online

Not only did they produce a website that looks amazing and works seamlessly, but they did it through a stress-free process with easy communication and transparency at all times. Their post-launch attention and customer-centric approach are superb, making them highly recommendable.

I’m the founder and president as well as the principal consultant of Darim Online, a nonprofit organization providing strategic and communications consulting to other nonprofits.

For what projects/services did your company hire Fountain City, Inc.?

Our website’s layout, backend technology, and content needed a major refresh. Having worked with Fountain City in the past, they were my first call when it was time to update things.

Our goal was a total revamp. As a communications consulting operation with a strong focus on digital, we need to urgently update our look and feel. We were looking to achieve this refresh without a huge burden on our staff or our bank account while creating something that would last.

I’ve worked with Fountain City on and off for a few years. I really trust them.

Fountain City helped me finalize the website’s navigation and features, then applied our visual brand to a theme we chose together. They built the site, loaded content, tested everything, and conducted a smooth launch.

I had one main project management contact who worked with the other team members as needed.

The website works great! I'm happy and not burned out from the experience of building a website. The biggest demonstration of success is that I recommend my clients to Fountain City too! Their technical work is top notch, the project management and account management is impeccable, and they’re really nice people.

Building a website with this team is stress-free, and after the site is done, they proactively stay in touch to make sure all system updates, security patches, and other good practice maintenance are done.

The communication was very smooth. They have a great online ticketing system and they’re also open to phone calls when a personal touch or further discussion is needed. Fountain City is also responsive and transparent with what’s happening behind the scenes. I couldn’t be more pleased with their project management, and I've had a fair amount of experience in this area.

Working with Fountain City feels like we're all on the same team. They treat clients like friends, not just as a vendor. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness that has gone into each project. Relationships matter to this team, and it makes for a pleasant and productive experience.

There’s nothing I can think of!

I’ve already have referred others to Fountain City!

Web Development for Video Production Company

"They’re always trying to find out what I want to do and work from there, as opposed to telling me what I need to do ..."

July 2016 - Nov. 2016

Fountain City developed a WordPress site for a Video Production company focused on corporate sales marketing. They wanted to improve their online reputation and create a user-friendly design.

Cincinnati, Ohio
President, Panoptic Media

Google rankings, as well as online traffic, have improved since the new site debuted. Users admire the UI and design of the new site. The client appreciates their mutual passion for extensive non-profit work, which helped build a strong partnership between the companies.

Panoptic Media is a video production facility in the Cincinnati, Ohio, area. This is our 25th year. We primarily do corporate sales marketing, but we also do some training and nonprofit work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fountain City?

We needed help with sales and wanted a better presence on the internet. Fountain City has helped me with two iterations on our website. We had an existing website before I reached out to Fountain City. That was back in 2002 or 2003. We scrapped it and came up with a new design.

The first one was fine for several years, but with changes in technology, we needed something that was responsive and looked the same whether people viewed it on tablets, desktops, or phones. Last year, we started working on a new site just to do a better job on encouraging people to work with us.

Fountain City had three people work with us: Sebastian [Creative Director, Fountain City] and two folks that he regularly used. There may have been somebody else that popped in along the way. I know he’s got a bigger team than that, but it was primarily the three, with Sebastian as the lead. The old site was on Drupal, and the new one is a WordPress theme called Avia. With the way that we developed the site, I found the WordPress template I wanted to use. Sebastian and his team did most of the backend, and then I filled in most of the content.

How did you come to work with Fountain City?

I was looking for a website designer, and the ISP [internet service provider] I used recommended a couple of resources, one of which was Fountain City. Out of the two, I felt I had more rapport with Fountain City, so I went with them. I have great faith in Sebastian and Fountain City. Our relationship has been going on for ten years now, and Fountain City has treated me well over these years.

How much have you invested with Fountain City?

I’m going to say $4,000 or $5,000.

The recent project started in July 2016, and we went live in November 2016.

There’s been a little bit of increase in traffic. The biggest improvement we’ve seen is our Google rankings going up consistently. As opposed to being between the eight and 10th position, we are now between third and fifth. We’ve also gotten good feedback from people regarding the website.

How did Fountain City perform from a project management standpoint?

Fountain City did well. There were a couple of issues with the email migration. That took maybe two weeks instead of a few days, which Sebastian had initially suggested. There was one other little thing with responsiveness on phones, where the infographic was sliding off the screen a little bit. But those were pretty minor. Both issues were cleaned up in a timely fashion.

What did you find most impressive about Fountain City?

Sebastian and I both share a little bit of trying to make the world a better place. He’s also worked on a couple of websites for a nonprofit that I’m involved with.

Fountain City has a pretty good team. They’re always trying to find out what I want to do and work from there, as opposed to telling me what I need to do or not to. Fountain City doesn't try to take over.

Are there any areas Fountain City could improve?}

No, I can’t think of any big issues.

I’ve been with Fountain City for so long that I don’t have anything to compare them to, but I think the value is good.
    I would absolutely recommend Fountain City!