Creating world-class mobile apps

BRONZE VERIFIED

.  FiveDotTwelve is a modern software house focusing on close cooperation with customers and an individual approach to every project. We are passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions to our clients. We work hard to understand their business needs and drivers and then rapidly develop, implement and roll-out best-in-market, fit-for-purpose solutions.

We remain committed to you and your vision throughout your project (and beyond) and internally are committed to always staying ahead of the curve in terms of the latest innovations and options that help us help you better.

. Experience in various project types

Lifestyle, Social Network, Sport

Internet of Things (BLE), Utilities

 Fintech, Healthcare, FMCG, Insurance

. Technology expertise

 We work with: Dart, Kotlin, Swift, React, Node.js, Ruby and more

 Creating: Mobile apps (Flutter, Native, React Native), Web apps (React.js, Ruby On Rails, GraphQL, ElasticSearch), Cloud solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, CircleCI), Product design (Figma, Sketch, XD, FlowMapp)

 Testing: manual, automated, using Quick, Nimble, Espresso, Mocha, Chai, Rspec, Capybara and more

. Check more www.fivedottwelve.com

Łódź, Poland

Knauf, SsangYong, Apsys Management, Ecomess, ParrotOne, Sober Grid, Widzew Lodz
Sober Grid - sobriety social network Image

Sober Grid - sobriety social network

The mobile app for biggest sobriety social network in world.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: mobile development for Android and iOS

Mobile App Development for Knauf Image

Mobile App Development for Knauf

Knauf is a multinational company based in Germany. The company is a producer of building materials and construction systems.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: mobile development & design for Android, backend

Mobile App Development for Manufaktura Image

Mobile App Development for Manufaktura

Manufaktura is one of the biggest shopping malls in Poland.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: mobile development for Android and iOS, new website development, backend

ShakaPass - all-in-one going out app Image

ShakaPass - all-in-one going out app

The app allow users in Singapore to discover interesting events and buy tickets.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: mobile development & design for Android and iOS, backend development

Web Development for PySENSE Image

Web Development for PySENSE

PySense is the leading Internet of Things innovator and enabler, shaping state-of-the-art technology bringing highest quality solutions closer to the people.

PowerWise is a cloud-based platform for energy usage monitoring. Check current and past statistics of devices connected to your dashboard in the Statistics Tab, generate your reports based on the organisation structure, tags, objects and periods in the Reports Tab

and manage levels of your organisation in the Structure Tab.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: web development & design, backend

Mobile App Development for ParrotOne Image

Mobile App Development for ParrotOne

ParrotOne is a mobile messaging app created mainly for the needs of people with disabilities and the elderly.  ParrotOne won the main prize in the Integration Association’s “Applications without barriers 2017” contest, won the StartTech competition for the best ICT startup, and took third place in the Startup Hub Warsaw 17 competition. ParrotOne is also nominated to Mobile Trends Awards 2019.

FiveDotTwelve was

responsible for: analyse, mobile development & design for Android and iOS, backend development
Mobile App Development for WellSenz Image

Mobile App Development for WellSenz

WellSenz is a Flutter based app created as a part of a promotion campaign for the book “18 Wellbeing Hacks for Students: Using Psychology’s Secrets to Survive and Thrive”.

It is a tool which helps to build a routine of positive habits that enhance wellbeing.

Each one is built using techniques from CBT, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused Therapy and Positive Psychology.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: analyse, mobile development & design for Android and iOS, launching the production.

Mobile App Development for Widzew Image

Mobile App Development for Widzew

The Widzew application is a treat for every fan of the club. Browse the news from the world of the team every day, watch photos and videos from the latest matches and check the current table. You can also get to know the team player by player. The application allows you to buy online - choose a seat, buy a ticket and enjoy the match.

and iOS.
Mobile App Development for Cosinus Schools Image

Mobile App Development for Cosinus Schools

With the application you can familiarize yourself with the offer of Cosinus schools and take part in classes as a listener.

As a student you will find a timetable there and you can be up to date with the school's events. You can also sign up for classes.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: analyse, communication with the existing backend, mobile development & design for Android and iOS and launching the

production
Silesian Museum - navigation app using BLE Image

Silesian Museum - navigation app using BLE

The app allow users navigate in new Silesian Museum premises using beacons.

Web Development for LifePlanner AS Image

Web Development for LifePlanner AS

The Norwegian service offers the possibility of writing down your testament and making it available only to your closest relatives and friends. It offers to gather in one place important information such as bank accounts, internet service accounts, owned properties, places of employment and contacts, doctors, animals, preferred burial method.

This service makes it easier to find all the necessary documents and

information for your loved ones. The aim of LifePlanner is to provide the unit with security, control over important information and the ability to share it safely with others.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: web development & design, backend

Web Development for Smaller Earth Image

Web Development for Smaller Earth

Smaller Earth is a group of people all over the world who are actively working to make a difference - by connecting and inspiring people through cultural exchange.

FiveDotTwelve was responsible for: designing a new layout for the website and backend development.

App Dev & Maintenance for Building Materials Producer

"They show interest in our business and we really feel that they care about us."

May 2018 - Ongoing

FiveDotTwelve redeveloped an existing app for a building materials producer. Their team also currently maintains the platform and handles any requested changes.

Riga, Latvia
Gundars Graumanis
Market Manager, Knauf

The support and final product have pleased the client, though more speed when making small changes could benefit the project. FiveDotTwelve's level of investment is clear, making the engagement productive and enjoyable. They manage the work well and provide insight as needed.

I’m a market manager for the competence center at Knauf. I work in the segment of joint and surface finishing compounds — we produce building materials. Our core business is the production of gypsum boards and plasters — basically, all products related to gypsum.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We had an existing app built with another company, but we wanted to improve it. That company’s costs were too high, and their service was too slow, so we hired FiveDotTwelve.

FiveDotTwelve developed the new version of our app. Now, we use them to maintain the app as well as our websites.

We’ve physically met with two people from their team, but I know that there are more involved. We have a point of contact and there are some designers and developers in the background.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

One of my colleagues was responsible for hiring them. I took part in interviews with three companies, and FiveDotTwelve was one of them.

We’ve spent below $10,000.

We started working with FiveDotTwelve in 2018 and our engagement is ongoing for maintenance.

The quality is good overall. Though maintenance work could be done a bit faster, they normally make minor changes very fast.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication and project management are excellent. They’re in regular contact with us, and we work together very closely. When we had some specific requests regarding the design, we consulted with them on that and they gave us feedback.

They show interest in our business and we really feel that they care about us. They are invested in how we feel, especially the owner of FiveDotTwelve.

We would’ve wanted small tasks to be done faster, like moving a product in another category or changing some text.

They’re a good company to work with. If the client is open enough and identifies the problem, FiveDotTwelve will be able to fix it. The service has been good overall, and I’d recommend them to future clients.

Overall Score If there was ever an issue, we could discuss it, and it’s been overall good.
    FiveDotTwelve is a well-performing company, but I can’t say that it’s a brilliant solution.

Mobile App Dev for Health Supplements & Software Company

“They’re very good at communication.”

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

FiveDotTwelve developed a mobile application for a health supplements and software company. Their team built the portfolio platform for Android and iOS as well as implemented UX designs.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Alex Azzi
Founder, BioHack Network

The partner is happy with the application and FiveDotTwelve's work. The FiveDotTwelve team met expectations and particularly excelled in the presale and execution stages. They're communicative and implement an effective project management style.

I’m the founder of BioHack Network. We do health supplements and software.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We hired them to build our mobile app.

FiveDotTwelve developed our mobile app for Android and iOS. They advised us on UX design, but we provided most of it. The app serves as a portfolio.

There are three people on their team including a developer, QA person, and account project manager.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

I found them through Clutch.

Our ongoing engagement began in December 2019.

I’m very happy, they’re a really good team. We shopped around a bunch of different places, and they were the best during the presale and execution stages.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through Slack, and they use their own project management tool.

They’re very good at communication.

No, I can’t think of anything.

You’re in good hands. I’ve done a lot of software work, and they’re in the top percentile.

App Dev for Wellbeing Book

"The level of collaboration was impressive."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

FiveDotTwelve developed an app to correspond with a wellness book that targets students. The team worked in all aspects of development and design for the native iOS and Android applications.

Lilongwe, Malawi
Aidan Harvey-Craig
Director, WellSenz Ltd.

The team at FiveDotTwelve took a simple idea and made it a reality. Their interactive approach with clients makes them stand out from other providers. They've communicative, hardworking, and engaging.

I’m the director of WellSenz Ltd.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

I have a book coming out in August about student well-being. I’ve been developing an app to support the book. The app will allow students to find well-being hacks to build into their lives. I got in touch with FiveDotTwelve to make the app.

I had a basic idea about what I wanted the app to do. After putting a few concepts together, I sent them to FiveDotTwelve. They took that starting point and worked with me to develop everything into the final product. There was design, general functionality, project management, coding, implementation, and testing involved. The app is for iOS and Android.

I had a designer and a project manager that I directly dealt with. There were several people in the background. I also frequently touched base with Damian (CEO).

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

I believe I saw them on Clutch. I researched online for different companies, and then I found FiveDotTwelve on one of the directories. I needed a company that could do a project within my small budget. I didn’t need a huge corporation that wouldn’t give their personal touch. After reading their profile, I contacted Damian who got back to me with a layout and a quote.

We started working together in November 2019.

I came to FiveDotTwelve with a very underdeveloped idea. I’m the type of person who needs to see the developments to think about where it goes next. FiveDotTwelve was very interactive with me throughout the process. They listened to my opinions and came back with a further developed idea each time. Their team was willing to change course mid-project if it seemed that a new design or avenue was coming up. We worked well together.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

I live in Malawai, and they’re in Poland. It wasn’t face-to-face, but we did have weekly Skype calls that included the project manager and designer. Sometimes, we included one of the coders. That process was supported by email. We communicated the status of different aspects through email.

The level of collaboration was impressive. It felt that their team listened to what I was trying to do and put that into place.

No, they’ve been fantastic.

When it comes to your different ideas, be as open as possible. They’ll listen and will come up with suggestions. Be as interactive and open as possible. Their team excels at delivering what their client wants. That will have the engagement move smoothly.

Web Platform Development for Fintech Start-Up

"They had a clear idea of how to complete the project."

Mar. - Aug. 2019

FiveDotTwelve provided design and development for a web-based fintech application. Their team built out an online platform that allowed people to register for the service.

Oslo, Norway
CEO, Hey Home

FiveDotTwelve's efforts have received positive feedback. The work they did was very good and their developers are very competent. The client has a better grasp of what to do next. Communication and professionalism were particularly strong suits of their development team.

I work at a fintech startup based in Norway called Hey Home. We’re helping people buy their first homes or apartments. We want to help people overcome the challenges of buying their first homes.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We were in the first phase of the project. I came there with some concepts and ideas of what I wanted for the platform, but I didn’t know how to execute the project.

FiveDotTwelve met with me to provide feedback and propose some solutions. After this, they created prototypes and designed the program. It was a web-based application. It’s an online platform where people can register for the service.

We had a project manager, two developers, and one designer working on the project.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

I was searching at many startup events. I met them in Norway during one of the events. We had a chat and they were very interested in the service. I decided that it would be good idea to collaborate with them. In general, I knew what the market looked like and the price seemed good. I was also looking at how we were going to work together.

The project started in March 2019 and ended in August 2019. The contract is done, but we’re considering additional features.

People like the site and the solution that we’ve been making. Because of this feedback, we know what we should add on this next run through. In terms of the work they did, it’s very good. We set up deadlines and everything was delivered on time. They have good developers and designers.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was very good. I could follow their progress and communicate via Slack. I also called them and asked questions.

I was very impressed with their professionalism. They had a clear idea of how to complete the project. I really liked that.

No, I’m very happy and satisfied.

A potential customer should work on the idea that he or she wants and spend more time on this part before investing money into the product. It’s most cost-effective to spend more time on ideas and prototyping.

Backend Mobile Development for Bluetooth Connected App

"We are happy, and we think it's quite good."

June 2017 - May 2018

FiveDotTwelve designed and developed an iOS and Android app for a lock solutions company. The app remotely controls the lock solution and connects to the cloud via Bluetooth.

Utrecht, Netherlands
R&D Manager, Wireless Technology Company

FiveDotTwelve’s efforts have been met with positive acclaim. The team is diligent, high-spirited, and motivated. They always fix any issues that arise. Customers can expect a masterful team that excels at app development.

I'm the former R&D manager at a company that created a lock solution that you could control through the Cloud.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We needed FiveDotTwelve to build an Android/iOS app for our lock solution.

They built an app to communicate with our existing cloud solution with an API, which was totally encrypted. They created menus you could walk through with a Bluetooth integration. It displays the lock with the possibility to open it and they also did the frontend architecture.

We worked with three different members of their team.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

One of our colleagues had a connection with FiveDotTwelve and introduced us.

We've invested €7,500 (approximately $8,100 USD).

We began working together in mid-2017, and wrapped up in May 2018.

We've been very pleased with this app. It's really cool and behaves well. It's quick, responsive, and there haven’t been any issues that weren't resolved during testing. Customers have been using it without many complaints. We are happy, and we think it's quite good.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

We were very satisfied with their communication and project management.

It's a young and well-motivated team. They answer quickly and keep frequent communication. One of our own engineers even reviewed the app and was impressed. The implementation was also very good.

A few months ago, we had some problems with the app, but they managed to fix them and uploaded a new version.

My advice is to follow the SCRUM methodology, and you'll be locked into a well-defined process flow.

It was really good.
    It was really good.

Mobile App Dev for C2C Exchange Platform

"It’s mostly smooth sailing—they’re very good."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

After delays caused by previous vendors, a C2C exchange startup needed FiveDotTwelve to quickly build the front- and backend of an iOS app. They successfully developed PowerPoint mockups into a working app.

Australia
Phil Herbert
Founder, Swapbuzz

FiveDotTwelve's brainpower and intelligence proved invaluable to the startup. They questioned everything, quickly finding and fixing unknown issues. Self-sufficient, FiveDotTwelve mostly operated autonomously to the benefit of the startup.

I am the founder of Swapbuzz, a startup that’s a C2C exchange platform app.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We needed someone to help us develop the app from the ground up, working on the front- and backend.

They helped us develop the app, which is currently only built for iOS. We provided them with mocked up screens using PowerPoint, which they redid and used to make the app.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

We’ve had previous companies that we weren’t satisfied with. We needed someone to pull the development up by the metaphorical bootstraps and quickly and competently pick up what needed to be done. My co-founder on another app-based startup knew someone who used FiveDotTwelve before and highly recommended them.

We began work in January 2017, and the work is ongoing.

Setting the bar high, we expected a team with a high average of collective intellectual horsepower. Their intellectual superiority allowed them to think about the whole problem and formulate a structured and sensible way of addressing issues. Their brainpower is worth a lot of money.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

They required little project management, so that’s a great indicator. It’s mostly smooth sailing—they’re very good.

There have been times where we’ve tied up almost every loose end from a UI and functionality perspective, and they question it, identify a potential issue, and then fix the problem. That’s incredibly impressive.

There’s always room for improvement and room to tweak the tiller, but the problems are so little that they’re not worth mentioning.

App Dev for Disability Focused Messaging Application

“FiveDotTwelve treats my project like their own and are always willing to provide ideas that make the product better.”

Sept. 2018 - May 2019

FiveDotTwelve worked closely with a tech startup to develop a mobile messaging app for people with disabilities. They participated in spec analysis, design, and development on Android from the ground up.

Poland
Piotr Lewandowski
CEO, ParrotOne

The application was launched to a very positive reception, gaining over 20,000 downloads in its first phase. The FiveDotTwelve team has demonstrated professionalism and a consistent commitment to their client’s success, continuing to work hard to maintain and improve the application.

I am the founder and CEO of ParrotOne. We are a mobile messaging app created to meet the needs of people with disabilities that have won a variety of startup tech prizes since we first started our development.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We are currently working with FiveDotTwelve to expand to new markets with our mobile application, and we are also preparing a hardware solution for people with disabilities.

FiveDotTwelve helped us with every stage of developing the project. That started with analysis based on the project requirements that allowed us to come up with final designs for the application. From there, they worked with us on Android and backend development, and they continue to add new features and maintain the product for us.

There were several members of their team involved in the different stages of the project. We have had a project manager with us from the beginning who has helped make sure our ideas are being properly executed. Besides him, we have worked with a designer, two backend developers, and mobile developers, and one QA lead as well.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

They were originally recommended to me by a friend. We worked with them on an MVP and they did a very good job, so it was an obvious choice for us to continue working with them.

We spent a little in excess of $260,000 for the whole project.

The final form of the product, from when we first began up to launching the application, lasted from September 2018–May 2019.

After the first launch of the application, we passed 20,000 downloads, which was a huge accomplishment. Since then, our continued development has gone very smoothly and they have been really great partners in the maintenance of the product as well, which we really appreciate.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager helped us organize all of our tasks on JIRA, which was our main tool for tracking progress on the application from week to week. We worked in scrums and met each week to discuss what we had accomplished and what we would be working on going forward.

FiveDotTwelve treats my project like their own and is always willing to provide ideas that make the product better. Often, they are able to provide feedback on my ideas that make things more efficient or user-friendly, and that back-and-forth is one of the biggest strengths of the project.

No, I am very happy with everything that they did for me.

Despite some problems on our side, they made sure we stayed on schedule.
    They made the project really great

UI/UX Design and Web Dev for Startup

" Even though we were a small customer we felt that FiveDotTwelve took us seriously and gave us sufficient attention."

Apr. - Sept. 2019

FiveDotTwelve developed web tools for a startup. Using PHP, Symfony, and AWS, they built the UX design, developed the structure, and tested the prototype.

Bergen, Norway
Kathleen Meling
CTO, LifePlanner

User testing of the prototype has yield positive feedback so far. FiveDotTwelve delivered high-quality work and provided highly responsive customer service from start to finish. To improve, they could work on how their team makes estimates.

I am the CTO of LifePlanner. We are a Norwegian startup developing an online platform for personal data storage, structuring and insight. LifePlanner offers a dashboard providing a digital reflection of the user's life, to be shared with family, friends and stakeholders.

What challenge were you trying to address with FiveDotTwelve?

We needed a team to develop a prototype of the LifePlanner product in time for a planned pilot period.

We needed designers, developers, and testers to help us with this project. FiveDotTwelve built us a prototype that we could use for user testing and promote to investors.

We created the specifications and wireframes on our side, and they did the UX design, IT development, and testing. The prototype was built from scratch to run on AWS using PHP and Symfony as the main technology stack.

We worked with a part-time project manager, two developers, a designer, and a part-time tester.

How did you come to work with FiveDotTwelve?

FiveDotTwelve contacted us while we were reviewing potential suppliers. They had many references from the Nordic countries and other start-ups in our community. We did several reference checks before starting to work with them and all the references were very positive.

We started with a small delivery of a new website. We were very pleased with that process. Their references, our relationship with their CEO, and their performance during the first delivery were the basis for entering a further development contract with them.

We have spent around €30,000 (approximately $44,000 USD).

We worked with them on this specific project from April–September 2019.

Based on the prototype FiveDotTwelve built, we worked with 50 test users for a one-month user-testing phase. During this pilot program, each user created a profile, tested the product and provided us with feedback. We had very positive feedback regarding the need for our product and the willingness to pay for such a product.

How did FiveDotTwelve perform from a project management standpoint?

We feel that we had an excellent cooperation with them. We had weekly status meetings and ongoing communication using Slack in between the weekly meetings. They were always available to us if there were any issues. The main problem we experienced was with their estimations. It isn’t their strength and was the biggest drawback.

We had a very good person-to-person connection. They listened to feedback and were very dedicated and responsive to us. We also found their prices to be affordable. Even though we were a small customer we felt that FiveDotTwelve took us seriously and gave us sufficient attention. With many larger consultancy companies, we wouldn’t have been prioritized at all, but with them, we were. It was a very positive experience.

Aside from estimations, there was one team member that didn’t work out well for us. However, FiveDotTwelve were very quick in responding to this and they quickly initiated a rotation. We were also compensated for things not working well in that period. They quickly got things back on track. We're very pleased with the way they handled the situation.

Invest in building a personal relationship. Decide on the best processes from the start and how you want to work together.

Web Design & CMS for Private Museum

"They're very committed to meeting their client's needs."

Mar. - June 2018

FiveDotTwelve handled web design, focusing on user-friendliness and mobile responsiveness. They also provided a CMS solution, a user manual, and a testing environment for learning how to use the new system.

Lodz, Poland
General Manager, Private Museum

Within only one month of launching the new site, there’s been a nearly 20% increase in group bookings. FiveDotTwelve excels at working quickly, responding promptly, and at working hand-in-hand with clients to ensure their success and satisfaction.

I run a private museum that depicts the history of a big 19th-century cotton factory in Lodz, Poland.

For what projects/services did your company hire FiveDotTwelve?

As a non-commercial site, we’ve been facing difficulties in attracting visitors and keeping the local community up-to-date with our cultural and educational activities. Our poor online presence influenced not only the frequency of our visitors but also our reputation.

We wanted to improve our contact with the present and potential audience as well as build a reputation of being a modern cultural institution by making our website more user-friendly and visible on mobile devices.

FiveDotTwelve was recommended to us by another customer of theirs, due to their reliability as an engaged business partner. They're very committed to meeting their client's needs.

We began the collaboration with a series of workshops, during which FiveDotTwelve became familiar with our challenges and needs. They proposed a design for the website and presented a CMS solution, taking into consideration that we needed something easy and useful.

They were responsible for providing a test environment so that we could check the final version of the site and learn the system. Furthermore, they created an extensive user manual and guided us step by step. They also provide ongoing support services.

The project team consisted of three people—a web developer, a QA specialist, and a project manager, responsible for gathering out feedback and answering all questions.

After one month of launching the new website, we’ve seen more interest in our museum. There’s approximately a 20% increase in group bookings compared to the same period last year.

​​​​​​How was project management arranged and how effective was it?

There was a constant exchange of information between the project manager and our marketing manager, which moved the project along quickly after the workshop phase. Although we took some time to test different CMS solutions and asked a lot of questions, we always received feedback promptly on what was possible, what wasn’t, and alternatives.

There hasn’t been an issue that can't be solved. Their team was patient and open while they helped us refine the vision of our project. Every solution introduced was first tested with us. We felt that our remarks were respected during each phase of cooperation, which resulted in a website that not only meets our priorities but is also easy to manage even by an inexperienced person.

My only suggestion is regarding the user manual they prepared for us. Although it’s very useful, they made corrections to it too many times. It would’ve been better if they just gathered all the changes and updated the whole manual at the end of the project.

There were no delays.
    Their work performance and outstanding commitment are remarkable.

Geo-Social Networking App for Wellness Service

“FiveDotTwelve’s mix of knowledge, approachability, and workmanship is a special strength in the development space.”

June 2016 - Nov. 2017

After a prior vendor failed to meet deadlines and deliver a secure product, FiveDotTwelve replaced them. They redesigned the iOS and Android app’s UX/UI to streamline navigation and make features easy to use.

Boston, Massachusetts
Nicholas Farni
Head of Product, Sober Grid

FiveDotTwelve delivered an end-to-end mobile app redesign that’s much more secure and continues to spur business growth. Since the new product launch, there has been a consistent upward trend in ratings, downloads, and monthly active users. The team was responsive, prompt, and dedicated.

I am the head of product at Sober Grid. Our iOS and Android app aims to help people recover from drug and alcohol addiction. We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and serve users worldwide. Our company has about 20 employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire FiveDotTwelve ?

Our company created a mobile application in 2015 and had not updated it since. We had a difficult time communicating our needs to our previous developer. They had failed to deliver our product on time, and it had issues like bugs and crashes. We also noticed that our number of downloads, ratings, and monthly active users were decreasing over this time as well. Since we didn’t have any in-house engineers, we needed to outsource the entire redesign and rebuild to a different team and selected FiveDotTwelve.

We aimed to double our mobile app’s user engagement, downloads, and crash-free sessions by relaunching a new version in January 2017. By updating the design, we planned to simplify the UX and made it easy to engage with all the features we had previously rolled out.

We found a few potential dev houses through our previous CTO. We assigned each of them a small project to see how they planned to fix our app’s bugs and crashes. FiveDotTwelve provided prompt responses to each of our inquiries. They sent a clear description of each issue complete with the rationale and time it would take to fix it. After a thorough investigation, we hired them to rewrite our old app.

After selecting FiveDotTwelve, we held a series of meetings to discuss the goals and objectives of our roadmap. I traveled to Poland to meet them in person and found they were very welcoming, friendly, and considerate people. Within the first two weeks, they had completed mockups that were compatible with both the iOS and Android versions. After some feedback from the US team, we successfully finalized the designs with FiveDotTwelve. Once we finalized the MVP for the relaunch, we promptly began development.

Initially, we were assigned a project manager who liaised with the rest of the team. I had the option to speak directly with all their developers, as well. The iOS developer was highly knowledgeable and became our good friend over the course of the project. The Android developer was also very friendly and provided useful feedback for our product.

Launching the new app at the beginning of 2017 reversed the downward trends we’d been experiencing. Our monthly active users have increased at a steady rate. Incidents of crashes have dropped to an all-time low. We received positive feedback on the app’s new design. We’re continuously building our member base at a faster rate than ever before.

The workflow between our two teams was efficient and effortless. Our project manager was always responsive, no matter the time of day. I attended standup meetings with their team every workday. Everyone was impressively prompt and on point in all our product meetings. If they couldn’t meet one of our deadlines, they explained why and gave us an alternative date.

FiveDotTwelve’s mix of knowledge, approachability, and workmanship is a special strength in the development world. The entire team demonstrated strong communication skills and was genuinely invested in our company’s success and mission. I appreciate the effort they afforded to help us reach our goals.

Nothing comes to mind that could be improved. We are very satisfied with their work.

Overall Score We will be coming back for any additional work. I also consider them friends. Clearly, FiveDotTwelve is something special.
    They were prompt and available during local business hours and very responsive even during non-working hours.
    The price for the quality of work we received is unmatched. We were lucky to find them here in Poland.
    From the engineers to CEO, everyone was knowledgeable, communicative, and engaged in the success of our product.
    I wouldn't recommend any other developer.

BRONZE VERIFIED
Business Entity Name
FiveDotTwelve Sp. z o. o.
Poland