Outrank your competitors!

If you would like your website to generate sales you’re in the right place. All of our services are based around increasing the number of visitors to your website, and increasing the conversion rate of your website, so in short increasing your sales.

• 215-309 McDermot Ave
    Winnipeg, MB R3A 1T3

Reider Insurance, Anago Cleaning Systems, Floform Countertops, Speedpro Signs, O&D Law

Testimonial for Lawn Care and Snow Removal Campaign

This is a testimonial from a client that we do lawn care and snow removal SEO for.

See more testimonials here:

Electrician SEO Case Study Image

Electrician SEO Case Study

We started working for this client in 2015. The site had some really bad links coming in from previous SEO companies and had been hacked for a few months with hundreds of spammy pay day loans pages injected into the back-end. We got the site cleaned up and began improving on-page and technical SEO elements as well as doing high quality off-page and outreach work. Within 3 months the site was on page 1, and we’ve kept it there

Dentist SEO Case Study Image

Dentist SEO Case Study

In twelve months we took this client site from 232 organic visitors per month to 933.

See Full Case Study Here:

Appliance Repair Case Study Image

Appliance Repair Case Study

This client went from not ranking in the top 10 pages of Google to being #1 for most of their keywords in under 12 months.

See Full Case Study Here:

Asbestos Removal Case Study Image

Asbestos Removal Case Study

Client Video Testimonial

This is a video testimonial from a client in Winnipeg.

Commercial Cleaning SEO Campaign Image

Commercial Cleaning SEO Campaign

We worked to acheive top rankings in Google and drive leads with buyer intent toward this local commercial cleaning company.

SEO for Commercial & Residential Painting Company

"First Rank’s knowledge and expertise in SEO is their strength, and they produce results."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

First Rank leads SEO efforts, focusing on impressions and ranking positions. In addition to offering monthly analytics, they work with the business’ marketing partner to make their website SEO-friendly.

Paul Woloschuk
President & Owner, Pinnacle Painting & Decorating

First Rank’s work has resulted in increased profitability and inquiries. The team has also managed to improve the business' rankings, moving them to the first spot on the first page of Google. They are always available to answer any questions, and they possess strong technical SEO skills.

I’m the president and owner of Pinnacle Painting & Decorating, a commercial and residential painting company.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

We were a brand new company, so we brought them on to get us into a position on Google that would allow us to be recognized and get some business where we had no previous standing.

First Rank works on our ranking positions, impressions, conversions. The team provides us with monthly analytics, and they work hand in hand with our other marketing firm to make structural changes to our website.

We have one main point of contact, and we’ve also interacted with Jacob (Founder).

How did you come to work with First Rank?

They were previously working with another company and they only work with one company per industry at a time. I’d known Jacob for a long time, so when that spot opened up, we jumped on it right away.

We’ve spent $18,000.

We began working with them in about April or May 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

We’ve definitely been profitable since working with First Rank. We’ve received a couple of large projects based on some of our rankings.

With SEO, you don’t see results in the first few months, but recently, the team has been able to get us onto the first page and first rank on Google for one of our main keywords, which is exactly where we want to be.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

We have ongoing communication, and they provide us with monthly updates. The team’s phone line is always open, so if I have a question, I can get a hold of them within about an hour.

They’re very good at understanding the technical SEO side, but, in the beginning, we had to work together to help them understand our brand and the conversion side of the website. Over time, the team was able to adapt.

You have to be patient because you won’t see results in one month. Trust First Rank to do their work, because they will do a good job.

SEO Services for Commercial Printing Company

"Their ability to take our business and think of it as their own is impressive."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

First Rank manages organic SEO efforts to improve the business’ rankings. Their work involves regularly developing new content for the blog and, in the past, the team has also created animated videos.

Gaurav Bhatt
Business Development, PrintPro

First Rank has managed to produce phenomenal results, including first-page rankings for important keywords as well as a tripling of monthly inquiries. The team’s respectful but assertive communication, consistent attentiveness, and devotion to the project have made for a pleasant partnership.

I work in business development at PrintPro, a commercial printing and sign facility.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

We were unsatisfied with our previous SEO company, and we had converted our website into an e-commerce platform.

We were looking to overhaul everything, and we wanted to get our ranking boosted as high as possible in our geography. Additionally, we wanted to be one page one and have our keywords in the top three rankings.

First Rank does organic SEO work to help us boost our rankings. They have maintained a steady blog for us. In year one, it was a biweekly blog, and we’ve now converted it into a monthly blog. One of their in-house writers produces fresh content for us.

The team has also done video services, creating an animated video with voiceover with our company. Every month, they give us an analytics report.

Tamar (Manager) is our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I searched on Google for SEO companies in Winnipeg. After meeting with a few different service providers in that space, we had an immediate connection with Jacob (Founder). We then chatted with him and talked about what his plans were for how we could grow our company. Right from that first meeting, they seemed like a good fit.

So far, we’ve spent approximately $25,000.

We began working with them in July or August 2018, and our engagement is ongoing.

We continue to be satisfied with their services and the results. The work that Jacob and his team is doing has provided us with phenomenal traction. Before working with them, we were hovering around page two or three on a dozen keywords that were important to us.

Now, we’re consistently ranking either one, two, or three on all the keywords and key searches that we wanted to be ranked on, which has been huge. We’ve also seen our numbers go from an average of 10 requests per month to about 30. It’s been a great partnership.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

Our account manager calls or emails us about once every couple of weeks to check up on us and to touch base. What we appreciate about Tamar, is that she’s on us. If she’s waiting on us for something, she will constantly remind us respectfully. It feels like she’s a part of our team because she cares about us getting our content up beyond just the dollars.

Their level of communication is a strength. Their ability to take our business and think of it as their own is impressive. First Rank also takes our challenges and comes up with solutions as if it was their own business. They listen to us, even though we ask tough questions and are very particular, and they make the changes we ask for.

I would like them to present new things that we could be doing. If there are other elements or best practices that they come across outside of SEO, it would be great for them to share those with us. They should think out of the box and provide other ideas.

Take the time to meet with Jacob and your account manager. Before you make a decision, understand what you need and explain what you have in mind to the team. If that’s defined from day one, there will be no misalignment of expectations.

This will allow Jacob and the team to work towards a defined target and there will be no issues six months or a year down the line. I would also advise potential customers to be clear and to keep an open line of communication.

SEO Services for Digital Marketing Firm's Clients

“They’re outstanding at setting goals and meeting them.”

July 2015 - Ongoing

First Rank does SEO for a digital marketing firm’s clients. Services include keyword targeting, content optimization, link building, and blogging. They manage SEO campaigns and digital business citations.

San Antonio, Texas
Jim Lee
Owner & CEO, RAPTAP Marketing

First Rank has helped numerous clients in a variety of industries achieve first-page rankings. The team’s ability to understand the end-client and translate their needs into SEO goals sets them apart. They communicate seamlessly, offer reasonable costs, and maintain a high level of integrity.

I’m the owner and CEO of RAPTAP marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

Numerous clients of mine needed help with SEO.

First Rank has worked on SEO for numerous clients across several different industries. They’ve helped greatly with web content – they identify the right keywords, optimize website content for keywords, build SEO campaigns around those keywords, and drive up local Google search rankings. We look at Yahoo but primarily focus on Google to identify targeted keywords.

They do a lot of additional work for link building, including inbound links and internal linking. The team does blogging, press releases, and numerous citations for all of a client’s business listings across the internet.

I’ve primarily worked with Jacob (Founder), but I’ve also worked with Luciana (SEO Operations Manager) and, on a couple of occasions, Tamar (Account Manager)

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I found Jacob while searching for SEO companies. This wasn’t a service I wanted to create within my own agency, so I was looking for a very competent, reliable company. In my search, I came across Jacob. He and his company had the proven record and all of the qualities and skills that I was looking for.

We’ve spent in the range of $100,000–$250,000.

Our work together began in July 2015, and it’s ongoing.

Each one of the clients that they’ve helped has seen significant improvements in search engine rankings because of First Rank’s expertise in SEO. They’ve been extremely effective at doing the various things that impact the algorithm the most to improve Google rankings. We’ve seen pretty quick results for a lot of those clients, including first-page rankings on a lot of targeted keywords.

One of the very early successes was having a property management company rank number one for a very significant number of keywords for the better part of two years. We’ve had an HVAC company ranked number one locally for a lengthy period of time. We’re also doing very well for a plumbing company and a construction company. First Rank recently began working on a cosmetic surgeon’s SEO, and that’s already showing great results.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve been incorporated into Slack for ease of communication, which is pretty tremendous. I’m able to contact them easily and get responses very quickly. I can talk to Jacob or Luciana through that system. They do use project management tools, but I’m not sure which ones.

Their ability to understand the end-user client and their needs distinguishes them. Numerous times, Jacob has been involved in the conversations with clients, really understanding and helping the client understand where they want to go, how that translates into SEO goals, and how to go about achieving those goals. I think that’s the core of why they’re so successful.

SEO is challenging in that you can report on Google rankings all day, and that’s very meaningful, but the question is whether that translates into increases in net income or sales, and to what degree it generates ROI. Anything they could do to reflect results on the profit side would be great.

I’d also really like to see more reporting for local rankings. I don’t know if the tools are out there or are reliable enough, but I think a very significant part of using Google today is people looking at the map rankings and selecting businesses based on those. More reporting on that would be very beneficial. An alert system would also be helpful, so that if rankings start sliding, they can be on top of that really quickly and doing everything they can to reverse that trend.

They have very high integrity. Jacob is always going to do right by his clients. He works with them to develop goals that are going to benefit their business, and he’s going to be accountable for those goals.

Overall Score I’m extremely with the company, the leadership, all of the people I’ve dealt with, and the results they’ve produced.
    They do very well. They’re outstanding at setting goals and meeting them.
    The costs are very reasonable and in-line with SEO costs. Their work driving algorithm changes in Google rankings is labor-intensive.
    There is a little bit of room for improvement, but they do an outstanding job.
    I’d absolutely recommend them.

SEO for Plumbing Services Company

"Their communication is top-notch."

First Rank leads SEO efforts, working to improve rankings for keywords related to plumbing, and they provide monthly analytics. Additionally, the team also revamped the business’ website.

Jeromy Peel
General Manager, Clean Line Plumbing

Thanks to First Rank’s SEO work, there has been a significant improvement in keyword rankings. In fact, the business now holds the number one rank for one of their most important keywords and is in the top 10 ranks for others. They are a communicative and attentive partner.

I’m the general manager of Clean Line Plumbing. We do plumbing, drain work, excavation work, sewer, and water.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

We had a marketing plan in place but our SEO was lacking.

First Rank worked on building our SEO for keywords such as “plumbing,” “drain cleaning,” and “hydro-excavation,” among others. The team also redid our website, and they provide analytics for us every month.

I work with Mickey (Business Development) and Jacob (Founder).

How did you come to work with First Rank?

Our marketing group recommended that I sit with Jacob. I then did two interviews with him and Mickey, and they were exactly what I needed. They had a policy in place where once we signed with them, they wouldn’t work with any other plumbing company.

I also talked to a couple of other people who had worked with First Rank, and they spoke very highly of the team.

We spend about $2,000 per month, which comes to about $40,000 so far.

Our engagement began in January 2019, and it’s ongoing.

We’re number one for the keyword “plumbing” in our city. Before we started working with First Rank, we were probably number 100. Any keyword that I’ve given them, the team has been able to build up to be in the top 5–10 rankings.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

The team provides me with weekly updates. When I give them a new keyword, they always tell me the length of time it will take them.

Their communication is top-notch. They provide good answers and explanations. I was quite new to SEO, and First Rank didn’t just say they would take care of everything. They explain what they’re doing and why.

I’ve had discussions with them about diving more into our business. For example, when they talk about backwater valves, they should truly know what they're talking about. They could dive deeper into the industry they’re dealing with.

Communicate with them, and narrow down exactly where you want your SEO to go, especially when it comes to keywords.

SEO Services for Cleaning Company

"The qualities that make them stand out are integrity and communication."

May 2014 – Apr. 2017

First Rank managed digital marketing campaigns for a cleaning services company. Following an audit, they identified keywords to target and executed website enhancements. They reported on initiatives monthly.

Donald Spann
Founder, Companion Maids

First Rank's effective SEO services resulted in the website's top three search result rankings for the majority of keywords and doubled the business. Their timeliness and communicativeness ensured seamless collaboration. Honest, capable, and personable, they established a valuable partnership.

I’m the founder and former owner of Companion Maids. I sold the company two years ago.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

The business was young. We brought First Rank on board to help us rank well and capture as much of Chicago as possible.

First Rank initially audited our website to determine the keywords to target and the traffic associated with those keywords. Their team came to understand where we stood in terms of results at that time.

They then gave us a timeline of about three months to see tangible results. Their team managed SEO campaigns and made changes to our website. They gave us reports on a monthly basis that told us where we had or had not improved.

At the time, our main point of contact was Jacob (Founder & CEO).

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I try to keep a finger on the pulse of different industries. Jacob and I were in the same SEO Facebook group. Whereas other agencies would criticize their clients, Jacob talked about how to do the most for them. His level of integrity was better than anyone else I saw in there.

We spent about $54,000 on their services.

We began our partnership around May 2014, which ended when I sold the company in April 2017.

For most of the keywords, we ranked in the top three search results if not the first result. Their team maintained those rankings too. We eventually reached close to the top three search results for the other keywords.

First Rank had a big impact on our business. They were directly responsible for a 2-times increase in our business.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of deadlines and communication, they were always on point. There was never a time when I felt that their team wasn’t on the ball.

First Rank secured the rankings that we wanted. If you search for Chicago cleaning services, the company’s still a top result. First Rank’s growth over the last five years is a testament to the quality of their work. Their work was fantastic.

The qualities that make them stand out are integrity and communication. Jacob’s one of the nicest entrepreneurs that I know. As a result of his quality coaching, we maintained a relationship throughout the project.

No, not that I remember. I can’t imagine asking for more than what we received. Working with First Rank was a great decision.

It’s important to know that companies like First Rank try to only have one client within a specific industry or market. If you’re considering them, make sure to retain them as quickly as possible because your industry slot might fill.

SEO for Insulation Product Designer & Manufacturer

"First Rank is extremely personable and helpful."

July 2015 - Ongoing

A longtime partner, First Rank leads SEO efforts. In the past, they’ve assisted with obtaining engagement for a video, and now they work on keyword ranking for the business’ website and blog articles.

Ted Cullen
President, Quik-Therm Insulation Solutions Inc.

Thanks to First Rank, the video received very high viewership which, in turn, led to increased sales. Through their SEO work, the team has also been able to help the business gain more inquiries. They are a very efficient partner, and they’ve managed to produce satisfactory work.

I’m the president of Quik-Therm Insulation Solutions Inc. We design and market high tech insulation products.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

Our products are new and innovative. The construction industry is extremely slow to adapt, so we needed to get our blog articles and website front and center with the industry.

Initially, we did a video of an insulation system for basements that we developed and First Rank did SEO work on that video.

For another project, First Rank took blog articles that we had been writing and managed the SEO. The team also put in place some call-to-actions on the website and revamped some of the articles to add new keywords. They provide regular analytics every month.

My main point of contact is Jacob (Founder), and I usually work with two teammates.

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I knew nothing about SEO, so I searched online for a company that could do the work for us. I liked First Rank’s website and the video that they had done about their company. They were also in Winnipeg, which meant I would be able to deal with them in person. We then met with the team and decided to work with them.

We’ve spent about $25,000 in total.

Our engagement began in the summer of 2015, and it’s ongoing. We’ve changed our focus since we first started working together.

We had incredible results for the SEO project including several hundred thousand views. We also sold $150,000–$200,000 worth of product as a result of First Rank’s SEO efforts. Additionally, three of the articles that we wrote are now on the first page of Google.

As a result, we’ve had a number of inquiries, particularly in the last couple of months, and several of them will result in significant sales. They’re a great team to work with.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

The analytics report that they provide every month is great. Whenever I ask them to do something, it’s typically done in 24 hours. We communicate via email, text, and phone, and we also meet face-to-face periodically.

First Rank is extremely personable and helpful. I’m pleased with their work, which is why I’ve continued to work with them.

No, none that I can think of.

They’re good to work with and they get the job done. The results speak for themselves.

SEO Services for Consumer Debt Consulting Firm

"They’re always available when I need them."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

First Rank provided a suite of SEO services to the client including link-building, content creation, and website updates. Their primary goal was to increase organic traffic.

Dartmouth, Canada
Director, Consumer Debt Consulting Company

The team at First Rank increased the client’s organic site traffic by 100%, with a 300% increase in customer conversion rates. Their communication is excellent, as are their trustworthy business practices.

I’m the president and local director of a consulting firm that helps people struggling with consumer debt.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

We were trying to get increased exposure on search engines.

They performed a variety of SEO services to increase my rankings. This included link-building, content creation, and website updates. They regularly provide analytics so we can see our progress. We track organic search traffic to measure the success of their work.

I had one main point of contact: Mickey (Business Development Manager).

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I think I actually found them on Clutch when I was searching for SEO firms.

We spend $2,500 per month, so, in total, we’ve invested almost $10,000 so far.

We began our ongoing partnership in December 2019.

Website traffic went up over 100% since I engaged them, which was only about three months ago. Our client conversion related to SEO went up 300% as well.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is excellent. They’re always available when I need them. I’ve never tried to call them and not have them answer.

In my search for a provider, I interviewed around 20 other SEO companies. They were the only company that I had confidence in. Other vendors openly admitted to using unethical practices like buying links, which is not sustainable long term.

I don’t have any complaints. At this moment, I’m 100% satisfied.

I recommend talking to different firms so you can get a better understanding of the industry which will help you see the value in First Rank’s expertise.

I haven’t had any issues.
    The results justify the cost.
    I already have.

SEO for Cleaning Service in Winnipeg

"Jacob and his team took over the project and really own it; we’re in safe hands."

June 2017 - Ongoing

First Rank provides ongoing SEO services for a commercial cleaning and janitorial service in Winnipeg, handling keywords and Google Ads.

Rafiq Punjani
Managing Director, Anago Cleaning Systems

Search rankings and inbound calls improved dramatically since the engagement began. First Rank's expert team inspires confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. Their innovative approach, knowledgeable staff, and commitment to results make them a valuable partner.

I’m the owner of Anago Cleaning Systems in Winnipeg. We provide commercial cleaning and janitorial services to our clients.

For what projects/services did your company hire First Rank?

The cleaning industry has a lot of competition in Winnipeg. We needed to hire an external resource to help us rank highly on Google.

We had very little online presence, but we wanted to be the number one result on Google for most keywords related to the cleaning industry. The goal was to have potential clients call us for commercial cleaning in Winnipeg.

They were referred to me by a reputable business acquaintance. I met with three different vendors during the due diligence process. I found First Rank to be the most professional and knowledgeable, with a clear grasp of the subject.

First Rank started by interviewing us in order to understand our operations. Then they listed major keywords to target. Now they handle all management of our Google Ads account.

Our primary contact is Jacob (Founder & CEO, First Rank). A number of other members of their team work on our account.

While the task facing them was mammoth, First Rank quickly improved our web presence and got us on the first page of Google results. We now rank in the top three spots on Google, and the phone rings non-stop.

The workflow is quite smooth due to First Rank’s professional approach. Communication is a strong suit. All expectations are clearly laid out. Jacob and his team took over the project and really own it; we’re in safe hands.

First Rank’s innovative approach, knowledgeable staff, and commitment to results is why I love them.

No, I hope they continue to do well and can be a long-term partner for us. We highly recommend them.

Overall Score They are the best SEO company I've met.
    Easy to communicate and always approachable.
    ROI for their services is multi-fold.
    They achieve what they promise.
    I highly recommend them.

SEO Marketing for Electrical Contracting Company

"Unlike competitors, their efforts quickly got results."

Jun. 2015 - Ongoing

First Rank redesigned and continues to manage SEO efforts and maintenance activities. They directed Google Ads strategy, a link building campaign, and produced blog content.

Daniel Lacovetsky
President, Powertec Electric Inc/Powertec Solar Inc

First Rank’s campaigns tripled call volume for service work. The team’s research informed keyword strategy, increasing website visibility and ranking. Outperforming deadlines, their accessibility positions them as a valuable long-term partner.

I’m the president of Powertec Electric Inc/Powertec Solar Inc, a commercial electrical contracting and solar installation company.

What challenge were you trying to address with First Rank?

We needed a partner for SEO support. We don’t have internal marketing capacities but wanted to improve our website traffic.

Predominately, First Rank performed SEO support that evolved to include social media and blog management which the team syndicated to our platforms. To optimize traffic, they developed a link building campaign and researched an improved Google Ads keyword strategy. The team redesigned our entire website, improving visual content and updating its front- and backend.

How did you come to work with First Rank?

I spoke to their team after they presented to a business group that I’m a member of. We’d done SEO campaigns with several other companies that returned poor results. The success of First Rank’s trial period resulted in our long-term engagement.

We’ve spent $60,000–70,000 CAD (approximately $44,900 USD) throughout the partnership.

We began collaborating in June 2015, and it’s ongoing.

As a result of First Rank's efforts, call volume tripled for service work. Our website has become significantly more searchable, which has increased site traffic. Looking at our keywords, we appear in two postings on the first page and high in local results. We’re ranking quite high for all of the search items we wanted to rank for. The positive results were instantaneous.

How did First Rank perform from a project management standpoint?

We're getting the work we want so I haven't tracked progress. If we weren’t seeing the increase in phone calls, I would account for how the team’s time is spent.

Unlike competitors, their efforts quickly got results. Digital marketing is difficult for us so it was significant that the team is local, which enables us to meet face-to-face.

I would say they could provide better metrics, but it's not a complaint considering the success of their efforts. If my website weren’t doing well, I would probably want a better monthly detailed report of project management.

Ensure that you do your cost-benefit analysis within the first year and track things well to find out if there’s actually a profit being turned.

They made the initial trial-period deadline in half the time.

Digital Marketing for Waste Management Service

“Everything was well explained, transparent, and it was simple to take to action.”

Apr. - May 2019

First Rank provided digital marketing consultation, putting together a plan to attract leads and improve conversion rates.

Michael Reimer
CEO, Affordable Bins

The digital marketing efforts have led to higher numbers of reviews and offer a clear plan for future development. The team was communicative and reliable, providing good value services.

I’m the owner of Affordable Bins, a waste management company.

For what projects/services did your company hire First Rank?

We needed digital marketing consulting and review software.

Our goal was to increase our creditability online and gain a stronger foothold in our local market.

I interviewed three similar service providers and reviewed their past and current clients. First Rank was the superior company with a good track record and leadership.

We discussed opportunities and how our competitors were working. They focused on how we could compete with them and how to capitalize on the areas they were overlooking.

We met with the owner directly and received follow up service and assistance from his team.

They developed a digital marketing plan that has resulted in higher conversion and more leads. We’ve begun to see more reviews since their work.

It was very simple and effective.

They offered good value. Everything was well explained, transparent, and it was simple to take to action.

More customization would be great, but for the cost that we paid, it was good value.

They were on time with fast responses.
    The cost was as expected and anticipated.
    They met all expectations.
    I am willing.