Creative web design & SEO agency

Silver

Fat Cow Media is a creative web design agency in London, serving clients throughout the UK and across the globe. Offering both web design, SEO & digital marketing.

27 Old Gloucester Street, Holborn, London WC1N 3AX

020 3463 1122

Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm.

• 27 Old Gloucester Street, Holborn

Tristar Records Sync Portal

Crowdfinders Image

Crowdfinders

Web Development for Digital Marketing Agency

“They keep pressing forward.”

Apr. - May 2020

Fat Cow Media designed and developed a WordPress website from scratch for a marketing agency. They consulted with their partners to ensure the color scheme and appearance matched the vision.

South Ockendon, United Kingdom
Director, Marketing Agency

Fat Cow Media brought their partner’s vision to life, and the site launched recently. They communicated efficiently and often, ensuring the project was completed in a timely manner. They were flexible and adapted to changing requirements.

I’m the co-owner of a marketing agency. We currently offer about five services and are looking to expand.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to use this time to develop a new website, which it why we reached out to Fat Cow Media.

They developed a completely new website from scratch. It was on WordPress. I gave them some text and provided input on how I envisioned the site. I was consulted throughout the project, and they asked for input on color schemed and appearance.

I just work with Steve (Owner).

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

I was networking with a few website developers that I knew and did some research on Google. I don’t remember exactly how I came across them, but I believe they were featured in an article that recommended website developers. They stood out because they offered a fair price and their previous clients were happy with the services they provided. Other companies outsourced their work, but I felt more comfortable working with Fat Cow Media because it was easy to communicate with him.

It was £5,000 (approximately $6,000 USD).

The project lasted from April–May 2020.

The site launched about a week ago. They are going to provide us with monthly reports on viruses and that kind of thing. Even after finished the website, we’ve been in communication. They keep pressing forward.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated every day by email. When we were designing different pages, we were calling each other here and there.

Steve’s patience and ability to take a vision and turn it into reality really blew me away. Other developers just want to take my vision and go, but would get frustrated if I kept coming back to them with new ideas. With Steve, it was never a problem.

Not particularly.

Have your vision really solidified before engaging with them. It will be more efficient for both parties.

Web Development & SEO for Lifestyle Publication

“They were accommodating in trying new ideas until one was correct.”

2011 - Ongoing

Utilizing WordPress to assist their luxury travel guide partner, Fat Cow Media handled both design and development. The team continues to manage all SEO and actively makes updates to the site.

William Prescott
Marketing Director, The Critics Guide

Delivering positive results that meet the expectations of the internal staff, the team showed patience and understanding in their collaborative efforts. They established a consistent communications cadence to ensure that all parties were on the same page throughout.

We’re a luxury travel guide company that was established around 2010. It’s basically a platform that offers travel inspiration in the form of tickets, hotels, or destination for those looking for a place to travel. We provide articles and knowledge of destinations, experiences, and the best hotels in each city. I’m the marketing director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

They developed our whole website from the starting process. We wanted something that looked expensive and luxurious.

They started developing the website from scratch, handling both design and development. The new site was built in WordPress. Their main responsibilities included making the site more user-friendly and responsive to mobile devices. They needed to make sure that it was easy to update and add content. At this point, they still manage our SEO and make updates to the site.

We deal with between 2–3 people.

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

We found them by searching on Google.

We started working together in 2011, and our team has ongoing work with them.

We wouldn’t continue to work with them if the results weren’t positive.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We were a new company without site experience, so they lead us in the right direction with their advice and guidance throughout the development. That helped us formulate new ideas and concepts. We received monthly reports, spoke over the phone, and held a face-to-face meeting every few months for communication.

They’re very patient with our limited experience in this industry. If we try something and it doesn’t look right, there are never any attitudes or otherwise. They were accommodating in trying new ideas until one was correct.

I can’t think of anything. We’ve worked together for a long time, and I trust in them.

Trust them and show faith in what they can deliver. That will help you make your vision a reality.

They stick to their promised deadlines.
    They’re very reasonable.
    They deal with things quickly and make the changes we ask.
    I’d definitely recommend them.

Web Dev & Design for Trading Company

"Steve is very patient. He was willing to just try, try, and try again."

Jan. - Feb. 2018

Fat Cow Media designed and developed an informational website. This included designing a logo.

Singapore
Henry Procter
Managing Director, PY Commodities

The site fosters a more professional appearance for stakeholders' brand. Site users have praised the visual appearance of the platform, and it functions well. The team remained focused on deadlines, and they delivered within budget. A streamlined method of communication worked well.

I’ve had a few businesses, and I’ve been running the current one, PY Commodities, for a number of years. We’re a trading company based in Singapore.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

Fat Cow Media has designed a few websites for me for various businesses.

Fat Cow Media has designed and developed a very simple website for me, which serves as an information page. It doesn’t have e-commerce functionalities. He designed our logo as well, and we went through a lot of iterations.

We refer banks and service providers to the website when they need to learn about us. It’s a simple website, but it needs to look polished and professional.
I sent them the text content of the website, and I chose some stock images for it as well.

I’ve only worked with Steve (Director, Fat Cow Media) and never spoke to anyone else at the company.

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

I found them through Google. I visited a few providers’ websites and looked at examples of their work. I liked the look of Fat Cow Media. Since I’m not in an industry that requires my website to look incredibly expensive, I just wanted to find a web designer that wasn’t ridiculously costly.  Fat Cow Media fit that bill.

The last project cost a few thousand pounds. Over the years, it’s been £10,000–£15,000 (Approximately $13,000–$19,500 USD).

I started working with Fat Cow Media in 2010. The latest project ran between January–February 2018. I plan on having them update my website in the next few weeks, and I’ll always go to them if I need a new website.

The website is helpful for when banks or service providers are looking to finance us. It makes it look more professional, so I’m sure that’s helped, but it’s difficult to quantify.

People have commented saying the website looks smart, which is always good. The site has never crashed.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

It required minimal effort on my part. I gave them the text, and they did the rest.
Fat Cow Media delivered on time and within budget. I spoke to Steve quite a lot, and I’m still in touch with him. He’s a nice guy, and he’s always been helpful.

Steve is very patient. He was willing to just try, try, and try again. Personally, I’d have gotten tired of it, but he never did.

I don’t think so.

Clients should pay them on time.

WordPress Site for Scan, Pay & Go App

"I’m in safe hands with Fat Cow Media."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Fat Cow Media developed and designed a WordPress platform from scratch. The team continues providing maintenance and support services.

Head of Customer Engagement, Ubamarket

Through the website, the service has received contacts from users. The team at Fat Cow Media stands out due to their responsiveness. They’re also dedicated to any timeline, ensuring high-quality work finished at a quick speed.

I’m the head of customer engagement for Ubamarket, a scan, pay, and go app for the retail industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

We hired Fat Cow Media to redo our website because our previous platform was no longer fitting our purpose.

The team at Fat Cow Media did use some of the look and feel from the previous website, but mostly, they built the new site from scratch using WordPress. We provided them with a brief that included all of the content we wanted on the pages, including a scroller that would show off our awards and other materials.

I worked with Steve (Director, Fat Cow Media).

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

Our founder & CEO brought Fat Cow Media over from a separate project.

We’ve spent less than $10,000.

Our engagement with Fat Cow Media started in February 2017.

We’ve had several people contact us with interest in our product. Since the website is their first touchpoint, they’ve contacted us through there. Fat Cow Media still performs maintenance services for us, helping out with any necessary updates.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re very good. If I email Steve, I know I’ll receive a response by the end of the day. I’m in safe hands with Fat Cow Media. They’ll solve and sort out anything that needs to be done.

Their team is responsive to any urgent requests. I try to do some updates on the website myself, but if I’m not able to, their team will work on it for me. The team at Fat Cow Media is always willing to help. They also understand timelines, having a fast turnaround for projects.

No, they did a great job with our tasks.

Make sure you have a clear brief. Their team will absolutely deliver on that. Be clear on what you want and need. It is much easier when they know exactly what you want because they can work quicker.

Overall Score It’s been a very positive experience because they’re reliable, willing to help and make changes, and make sure that things are done.
    There’s never been a time where they haven’t delivered when we needed them to.
    They are a good value.
    They’re extremely reliable, delivering exactly what they say they’re going to.
    I definitely would recommend them.

Digital Strategy & Web Dev for Debt Collection Agency

“If I had to name one most impressive thing, it would be that he delivers exactly what he says he will.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Fat Cow Media is helping to develop an overarching digital marketing strategy for a commercial debt collection agency through website optimization, social media marketing, and traditional advertising.

Adrian Checketts
Principal Consultant, Wessex Legal

The strategic planning services provided by Fat Cow Media have fulfilled all project requirements so far and pleased project stakeholders with their progress. Their team provides an extremely customer-oriented approach, making sure that all parties are on the same page in terms of next steps.

We are a commercial debt and asset recovery business, and we collect money that is owed to businesses and get involved in commercial mediation and alternative dispute resolution. I’m the principal consultant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

We are a small company, and for several years have survived off of business that has come from referrals from clients that have worked with us or either me or the director at some point in the last ten years. As nice as that is, at the end of the day, we want to take the business forward into the next decade and need to pursue new markets in order to do that.

Fat Cow Media has helped us to break into digital marketing and really get us up to speed with regard to our website, among other things. Basically, they have put together a strategy for the areas in which we need to place ourselves.

That involves using social media to expand our reach out of the Southwest region of the UK where we are. It also involves just sort of busting several myths about what can and can’t be done in our business and trying to provide clarity of information about our business.

We are approaching the launch of this campaign, so nothing is out there yet, but we are preparing for the next wave of jobs that come in around the beginning of next year.

I work directly with Steve (Director, Fat Cow Media), who I’ve known for quite some time on a personal basis.

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

I had a relationship with him that we had built through our mutual networks. I had been recommended him by several companies that I have worked with and knew that he would be very good at what we wanted to do.

We’ve spent less than $10,000 with them at this point in the process.

We started working together in February 2018 and the project is ongoing.

Working with Steve has been a really great experience. He has a good sense of humor, patience, and tolerance for dealing with people who are very unfamiliar with what he does. We have been very impressed with his skills in planning, and especially with his industry knowledge.

He deals with almost every kind of business, from pop music videos to banks, to night clubs. It shows you how effective his methods are that they are applicable to such a wide range of businesses.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They are always very quick to respond. Often times if we’re discussing and you need to see something in order to visualize it, he’ll have it to you within several hours. Communication, in general, is excellent.

Steve also has the unique ability to be able to break things down and explain them to me as if I were seven so that I can understand it more deeply, but without being condescending. That’s something I really appreciate about his approach.

If I had to name one most impressive thing, it would be that he delivers exactly what he says he will. A lot of businesses have the problem of over-promising and under-delivering, but with him, it’s actually often the other way around. He’ll tell you what he’s going to do, and then you’ll actually get that plus a little bit more that he decided you needed as well.

I’m sorry I can’t think of anything more interesting, but there’s really nothing I wish he would do differently.

Trust his process, because he really knows what he is doing. Don’t be too proud to let someone explain what you should do with your business.

Web Dev & SEO for Online Therapist Platform

“The site looks great, and the overall design is simple, creative, and easy to use.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

Fat Cow Media built a new website and manages SEO for an online platform. The result is a bespoke PHP resource where therapists can create in-depth profiles for users to search for by location and specialty.

Matt Williams
Marketing Coordinator, Click For Therapy

Web traffic to the site improves month over month, and the majority of users find the platform through organic searches. Fat Cow Media had unique ideas that blended well with the internal vision, and they allowed the project to evolve without changing their estimates.

We run an online therapy platform. I'm the brand and marketing coordinator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fat Cow Media?

We hired them to help us with web development projects.

They developed and designed our website, and they work with us on digital marketing. The site has a database of alternative therapists who can create profiles, register, and upload documents, qualifications, and backgrounds. There are various membership levels that therapists can select. Users can then search for therapists using parameters like location, specialty, and other markers.

Fat Cow Media also helps with our SEO, and the site was built with SEO in mind. They deal with both on-page SEO and our rankings within search engines for the individual therapists within our database. They focus on keywords that surround various therapy types, and the goal is to improve our rankings in a variety of offerings. The site bespoke, and I believe it is based in PHP.

We worked closely with one point of contact, and the group is fairly small. In all, the team is probably a little larger than one or two people.

How did you come to work with Fat Cow Media?

They were recommended to us. We considered five companies, shortlisted three of them, and decided to work with Fat Cow Media. They were a small company, and we appreciated the fact that we could reach them easily by phone. They could cover all our needs, and offered to build something unique.

The initial build was between $5,000-$10,000, and we pay more for their SEO and maintenance services.

We started working together around June 2016, and we work together on an ongoing basis.

We've had a very good experience, and we will continue to work with them. They're always at hand if we have a problem or need support. Our traffic increases month over month, and we get a lot of registrations from new therapists and users. Most of our core traffic comes through organic search, and Fat Cow Media does a great job.

How did Fat Cow Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They allowed us to be involved, even though we're not particularly technical. We provided reference sites that we liked the look of, and they came up with original ideas that incorporated pieces from each. We changed our minds a few times through the process, but the price remained fixed. The process was quite easy, and they advised and supported us throughout.

The site looks great, and the overall design is simple, creative, and easy to use. They met the brief, and the site is very strong.

I don't think there's anything they should improve.

Whether you're an established firm or new to business, they will come up with a great end product. Don't be afraid to reach out to them, even if you haven't clarified all your ideas yet.

Overall Score We plan to continue working with them.
    They delivered ahead of deadlines, and we never had to wait for them.
    Their quotes were competitive, especially compared to other bids we received.
    I've recommended them already, and would not hesitate to do so again.

Company Website for Amusement Park

"We had positive comments straight away from customers praising the new website."

Mar. - Apr. 2019

Fat Cow Media created a new website for a family amusement park,

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Keith Thompson
Sales & Marketing Manager, Camel Creek Adventure Park

Fat Cow Media's efforts saw a positive reception. Customers can expect a responsive team that works quickly.

A Family Adventure Park located in Cornwall. I currently work as Sales & Marketing Manager

For what projects/services did your company hire Fat Cow Media?

The company needed a new website

A new, responsive, easy to navigate website for our customers. So they could see what we've got coming up, check out our attractions, food outlets and purchase tickets for visiting the park.

A friend of the business recommended Fat Cow Media.

We provided the link to our old website and communicated our main changes required. Also provided new content to be added such as restaurant menu's etc

To provide the relevant content to support the build of our new website.

We had positive comments straight away from customers praising the new website. Fat cow media where very quick to fix any problems we had or to update any material we needed on their.

Very effective, if we needed information to be uploaded Fat Cow Media did it straight away, once they had all the content they needed, the website was finished very quickly. They was also very helpful when showing us how to update something ourselves.

How quick they are to solve an issue or fix something. Also how quick they are with completing a job.

Nothing from our experience