Multi-Award Winning Mobile app developers

Silver

EB Pearls was established in 2005 and over the last 14 years has grown into a leading full service digital agency in Sydney. We have a dynamic team of 180+ UI and UX designers, developer and business analyst working hard to deliver an award-winning digital solutions.

2005
  • Suite 1A7 410 Elizabeth Street
    Sydney, NSW 2000
  • Nepal

WWF, NSW Education, NSW Health, Austrade, University of New south Wales, University of Sydney, Optus, News Corp Australia, Bauer Media, Secure parking, Hunter Douglas, Bingo Industries, Aguzzo Group, Care Careers

Mobile App Dev Support for Legal Startup

"I chose EB Pearls based on the transparency and understanding of Akash and the team."

Dec. 2018 - Sept. 2019

EB Pearls helped build a mobile app that gave users more access to legal information when planning their future. They started with the wireframes before solidifying the product plan and rolling out development.

Grace Wilkie
Founder, Vaultd Pty Ltd

While it's too early to give measurable results, EB Pearls delivered a good-looking product that functioned as intended. There were minor communication gaps, but the team followed up to clarify and keep things moving.

I am a founder of a start-up based in Sydney.

For what projects/services did your company hire EB Pearls?

To assist in the development of a mobile application.

We wanted to create a platform to increase access to justice in an innovative and creative way.

I researched and waded through online reviews for various developers and narrowed it down to three that had good reviews, well designed websites and had worked with reputable clients. I then met with the three prospective developers and I chose EB Pearls based on the transparency and understanding of Akash and the team.

Once we green lit the project, we met with the team to go through our plans in detail. After that we corresponded via email to finalise the designs and wireframes. We also had another couple of meetings for some stickier parts. Following the planning stage, the team utilised Trello to roll out each stage of development and take on feedback.

We were assigned a project manager in Australia who helped us with the wireframes and design. Where the project moved to the build phase, we were provided with a new project manager offshore who kept the project moving.

Too early to say yet.

Communication was easy and things kept moving at a good pace.

They deliver elegant solutions that look good and function as intended.

There were occasional communication breakdowns. However, these were remedied with by follow ups and clarifications.

App Development for Quoting & Invoicing Startup

“I also appreciate that we have a direct line of communication with their developers and project managers.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

EB Pearls built a mobile application for iOS and Android. The app helps builders with invoicing and quoting clients. They used wireframes, high-fidelity screens, and user flows to assist with development.

David Milanes
Co-founder & Director, QuoteUp

The application works well and has little to no bugs. The next phase, which includes installing an AR feature, begins soon. The team at EB Pearls is skilled and hardworking. While their communication could be more proactive, they’re dedicated to the success of their clients.

I’m the co-founder and owner of QuoteUp, a mobile application.

What challenge were you trying to address with EB Pearls?

Since we’re based in Australia, we were looking for a local app development team to build our app.

Based on my experience as a product designer, I gave them basic wireframes. With their guidance and suggestions, our team built a few high-fidelity screens and user flows. We wanted their team to have a better understanding of what particular features we wanted and how to execute it effectively.

EB Pearls took care of the entire development. The app, for iOS and Android, is made for builders and client invoices. If the other user doesn’t have the app, the quote or invoice inquiry can be sent via text or email. To make this possible, the app has connectivity with web browsers and also with other QuoteUp app users. They are currently working on our exclusive AR Measure tool.

Locally, I spoke to the UX lead and lead developer. Along with Akash (Director, EB Pearls), I was in constant contact with several project leads, engineers, and project manager on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with EB Pearls?

I researched app developers in and outside of the Sydney area. I interviewed a few different developers to get an idea of how they operate. I also factored the distance to the CBD before deciding to go with EB Pearls.

We’ve invested $150,000 AUD (approximately $103,000 USD).

We started working with EB Pearls in February 2019. The project will be released in October, but it’s an ongoing project.

My fellow co-founder is in the building and construction industry. He’s testing the product. We also receive constant feedback from some of our subscribers. It’s been working well, and we haven’t had any reports of bugs, errors or major delays in product updates. We’re now moving to build AR functionality within the app.

How did EB Pearls perform from a project management standpoint?

We frequently communicate to stay up to date with all of the progress. Most of it was done through the project manager. When we started the build, we spoke to the architect and UX lead to give them an idea of what we wanted. The team at EB Pearls delivers on time. There were a few minor delays (most of them were out of their control) but we haven’t had any issues with the overall delivery. EB Pearls have proven to deliver an excellent product on time.

Overall, their work was delivered on time, and the price is reasonably competitive.

Being new to app development, EB Pearls was super helpful and guided us throughout the whole journey and process. Their demeanor and ability to keep us happy, made them a joy to work with. They always offered advice on the best practice/ways to implement and suggestions on how to improve the product. We could not have released without their assistance. They’re now committed to helping us with building AR within the application. That’s a big bonus. I also appreciate that we have a direct line of communication with their Lead Developer. They include us in the project management aspects.

The development has taken over 18 months, so there was a lot to build and cover over that time. I am a bit of a control freak, so, I want to know everything that goes on (all the time) and sometimes I felt like I had to chase information. From a project management point of view, I would like daily updates and to be included more without having to ask. In saying that, their communication was thorough and once I raised this issue with them during development, they agreed with my approach and provided me with regular reports on progress, wins and blockers, this was done using Google Sheets and Trello boards to great success.

Request for development progress reports and deadlines.

Deliver to a deadline! Minor issues while testing sometimes pushed the timings out, but overall fantastic.
    Not the cheapest, but, you get what you pay for. EB get the job done. I’ve heard horror stories of cheaper firms just running away with funds.
    The quality is there, they deliver a great product and on time.
    100%. I’ve recommended them to two clients already and that’s been a success.

Mobile App & Web Dev for Career Portal

"Their level of support and reliability distinguishes them from other providers."

June 2018 - Ongoing

EB Pearls developed an informational mobile app and web platform with search and filter functionalities. Features include an advertisement banner.

Founder, Online Career Portal

After a positive experience, stakeholders have trusted them with more web development projects. EB Pearls is a responsible provider that adheres to the initial scope. A responsive team, they excel at communicating complex information to non-technical stakeholders.

I’m the managing director of an online career portal where visitors can search for different types of potential careers.

What challenge were you trying to address with EB Pearls?

I hired EB Pearls to transform my concepts for a mobile app and a website into fully functional solutions.

EB Pearls built a website and a corresponding app for iOS and Android platforms.

Features include an advertisement banner on the solutions where companies use location-based services to display ads to our various demographics. Also, there’s an accessibility functionality for users with disabilities.

Information on the platforms (e.g university programs, gap year opportunities, and job support) is accompanied by corresponding links to external websites. Users can scroll through careers alphabetically and filter occupations by categories such as salary ranges. There are multiple sections, including motivational quotes as well as support for at-risk youth or those struggling with mental disorders.

I work with the main project manager, Akash (Head of Sales, EB Pearls) and another project manager.

How did you come to work with EB Pearls?

I interviewed 3–4 providers and was dissatisfied with the vendor I chose. So, I ended up looking for another provider online. When I interviewed EB Pearls' head of marketing, I was happy with their attitude, experience, company size, and price. I was also glad that they offered support before and after launch.

I’ve invested between $50,000 and $200,000 with the team.

We began working together in June 2018, and the partnership is ongoing.

Based on my satisfaction with the team’s quality work, I increased the project scope to include the development of two other websites.

How did EB Pearls perform from a project management standpoint?

After defining the project plan, they reasonably adhere to the schedule. The two project managers ensure the team is on track to deliver solutions that meet the quality standards initially defined. There weren’t many glitches when they tested the products, and they had a fantastic response to all issues.

As beginners to app development, we appreciated how they explained their choices throughout the process. I’m always well informed of their progress, and they respond to my feedback immediately. They met our needs in a logical, responsible manner.

Their level of support and reliability distinguishes them from other providers. They’ve been very conscious of our budget and don’t put our investment at risk by overextending themselves.

There’s not a great deal they can improve as their process works very well.

At the beginning of our partnership, they advised me to create a very detailed scope using different perspectives (e.g. long term needs) to ensure the design and functionality are thoroughly thought out. If anything was challenging in this process, they walked us through it and offered explanations considering the price of service. This was effective, and future clients should take the same approach.

They scheduled conversations as often as required without any issues.
    They were less expensive than many other vendors, and they were prepared to negotiate the cost in response to any vendor-caused delays or errors.
    They’ve delivered exceptional quality within the budget and timeline.
    I wouldn't use any other vendor.

Mobile App Dev for Nonprofit Recruitment Platform

“It was great to have an IT project done on time with no surprises.”

Aug. 2017 - Apr. 2018

EB Pearls designed and developed a mobile app for a career platform. They also handled project management.

Michael Field
National Manager, carecareers

The launched app helped improve UX and generated more leads, thanks to EB Pearls’ understanding of end goals. Their detailed proposal, efficient workflow, and clear communication set them apart from other vendors.

I am the National Manager of a not-for-profit initiative. We are part of Australia’s National Disability Services, a group of non-government disability service providers.

For what projects/services did your company hire EB Pearls?

We hired them to create an app.

Our goal was to provide a user-friendly interface for people seeking work in the disability, community, and aged-care sector. We wanted to create a tool that these workers could use to find the right employer. Our target market is people who don’t usually sit at a desk with a laptop. However, a high level of IT fluency is not necessary for the majority of entry-level roles. What’s important is having the right personality and the ability to work one-on-one with vulnerable individuals.

We researched and shortlisted four potential vendors. EB Pearls’ response to our proposal gave us the confidence that they were the organization for the job. They provided great clarity on the scope, timeline, and stages of the project.

They designed and delivered an app that gives users access to a database of more than 1,000 roles. The app interfaces with a pre-existing website and job board.

We worked with a project manager and two designers in Sydney as well as a team in Nepal.

The app now gives smartphone users a faster and simplified UX. It has added another dimension to our service and given us a steadily growing database of job seekers. Plus, it has the benefit of generating additional job applications for our client base of employers.

The project management team was in Sydney while most of the production work was completed in Nepal. EB Pearls stuck rigidly to our production schedule. Communication was strong, with no language barriers. We had access to key people when we needed it.

It was great to have an IT project done on time with no surprises. Their response to our brief was very detailed, way beyond the other contenders. Furthermore, they were able to deliver according to what they promised.

Web & iOS App Dev for Hospitality Startup

“They paid a lot of attention to us and were sympathetic to our limited budget.”

2017- Ongoing

EB Pearls developed an MVP for web and iOS, working on the backend, dashboard, and functionality of the apps. They’re currently building the Android version, and a deal has been signed for another project.

Mitchell Stapleton-Coory
CEO, SHOUTback

EB Pearl does fantastic work, especially considering the small budget and large project size. They’re professional and responsive, doing their best to timely answer questions and solve problems. The time difference and language barrier played a factor, but EB Pearl focused on managing that aspect.

I’m the CEO, director, and co-founder for SHOUTback, a video-driven discovery platform within the hospitality space. Our goal is to give venues more autonomy over their marketing activity instead of losing trade to delivery apps, third-party aggregators, and promotional platforms. On the consumer side, we want to increase the quality of engagement with the millennial demographic by integrating high-quality video content with venue promotions. We’re currently building a cashless marketplace in Adelaide, Australia and have plans to take it national.

What challenge were you trying to address with EB Pearls?

We needed to develop our minimal viable product (MVP) within a three-month timeframe. Outsourcing some of the work made us nervous, but we needed to quickly find an organization we could trust.

EB Pearls developed our web and iOS app, and we’re currently building for Android. They built full admin, backend, and dashboard functionality for the apps. They’re also building out certain aspects to the functionality based on some pivots that we’ve recently gone through.

We just signed another deal with EB Pearls to do a project for a multinational beverage corporation. We’ll start that in the next couple of months.

I tend to work directly with Akash (Head of Sales and Marketing, EB Pearls). Anything more technical goes through my CTO, who deals with the project managers directly. They have a team of up to 10 developers for web, iOS, Android, and full-stack.

How did you come to work with EB Pearls?

We got seed funding to build an MVP, but it was much smaller than we’d anticipated. We had to find a local firm that wasn’t expensive and that could work under tight time constraints. We searched online for the best ranked dev companies in the Sydney area, and our choice was between EB Pearls and two independent developers. Akash was very patient and confident, assuring us that he could handle the project. One team came back with a cheaper quote, but Akash matched it because he wanted to be on the project, so we hired him.

We started working together in 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve received nearly 100% positive feedback on the product’s aesthetics, functionality, and UX/UI. We have some high-level strategic partners who’ve used our platform to do some sponsorships and low-level activations. These are sophisticated companies with large tech budgets, and they’re impressed by our product.

We finished the MPV under $50,000, which was vastly cheaper than anything else that had been quoted. EB Pearls was even able to add a few new features later on in the process.

How did EB Pearls perform from a project management standpoint?

Akash is professional, reassuring, and takes his business seriously. He’s responsive and good at customer service; whenever we have a problem, he always deals with it. We had a few delays, but Akash promptly resolved them when brought to his attention.

We originally set a goal for a stripped back MVP in three months, but we changed quite a bit. We evaluated the value proposition and decided to extend the timeline, which worked out well.

They were willing to negotiate on the price, which we appreciated since we’re a small startup. It’s easy to be overlooked or considered a low priority, but we never got that impression from EB Pearls. They paid a lot of attention to us and were sympathetic to our limited budget. From our first meeting, Akash saw our potential and wanted to be a part of it.

Once the developers fell in love with the project and could see why it was unique, they started becoming more efficient. On the whole, I’m happy with their work.

At times we found the time difference and language barrier to be difficult to manage, however, this was a minor thing given the budget we had to work with. If I’d paid $300,000, I would’ve expected more. But for $50,000, we got way more than we would’ve gotten elsewhere. They outsource their work to Nepal, which is why they can keep it cheap. The language barrier means things sometimes get misinterpreted or overlooked. However, we always solve it, and the project managers speak English well.

Sometimes, the turnaround time wasn’t as quick as I wanted. They need to respond to emails quickly, even just to acknowledge the email. Having an open line of communication gives the best customer experience. They still did a good job, though.

Web Dev & Design for Online Marketplace for Distribution

“I’d never made an app or website before, so their input and partnership were invaluable.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

EB Pearls designed and developed a website for an online marketplace. They integrated a management system, which automates numerous processes, including invoicing and bookings.

Director, Online Marketplace for Distribution

EB Pearls does high-quality work in the allotted timeframe. The site is set to launch next month and hasn’t had any reported bugs. They maintain clear and consistent communication, providing updates on key project components.

I’m the director of an online marketplace for transport and warehouse distribution.

What challenge were you trying to address with EB Pearls?

We needed design and web development for our online marketplace.

EB Pearls has been building the site and listing B2B services for warehouse space for the last few months. The site is a full web platform with multi-login, including a customer login and supplier login. It has a fully integrated management system to automate invoicing and billing and to manage bookings and quotes. It’ll have reoccurring payments, but we’re currently testing real payments, which should be finished soon.

We developed a few different mock-ups and wireframes together to see how it would flow. There are numerous different stages, processes, and statuses, which made the work complicated, but EB Pearls worked it all out. They built the design alone, using PHP and Laravel.

We work with about three people in their Sydney office. I’ve also worked with 6–7 different overseas developers.

How did you come to work with EB Pearls?

I found them through Clutch.co. I narrowed it down to three firms in Australia. One had a global presence but gave an expensive quote; another came back with an incredibly cheap quote, which made me question the quality; and EB Pearls was right in the middle, so I decided to go with them.

We’ve spent around $30,000-$50,000 USD.

We began working together in July 2017, and it’s an ongoing partnership.

The site will launch next month. It’s fully functional and hasn’t had any problems so far.

How did EB Pearls perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re good. I frequently meet them in Sydney for major updates. We have weekly Skype calls with their overseas team, which they prepare agendas for. Once the demo site was online, we were able to go on each week and change things.

We also communicated through Trello, which has boards with tasks that were completed or need to be completed.

No, everything I wanted was achieved on time. We would’ve released sooner, but I kept adding to the scope.

Go to them with as much information as possible; they'll complete exactly what you want.

Silver