Mobile app, UX/UI, DS, AI, ML. Team Augmentation

DOIT Software is a team of thinkers, not just doers :)

There are many challenges you're facing in the development. It’s not about speed, quality, and communication as these are essentials. The primary challenge is engagement in the process and team approach as far as we see it. The IT team shouldn’t only provide excellent performance, but in addition work together with you to create the best solutions.

We helped our partners in USA, Canada, Australia, Norway and Hong Kong to solve many challenges using a proactive and creative approach.

Except for IT expertise, we have own experience in startups and new businesses development. We're professional in Mobile applications creation (native iOS, Android, React Native), Web Solutions, Back-End, UX/UI, QA and Data Science Team Augmentation

Boston, MA
  • 6 Liberty Square #2305
    Boston, MA 02109

Royaltie, Inigo, Vigoindustries, Ideo Solutions, Sellvana, Vonnlighting, Unirgy Magento Extensions, Profitect

Ride on Time mobile App

Ezblockchain.net

VONN Lighting

Tamween MarketPlace

Balance Wheel Pro mobile app

The created app help people organize their lives. You can create tasks and any amount of wheels to visualize balance in each sphere. And even get an external assessment for any wheel. Just share your wheel with colleagues or friends.
Balance Wheel Pro is an effective self-coaching tool for assessing and improving the life balance. It allows to build various balance wheels, evaluate personal performance in any

field, set goals and track progress.

Abilica mobile app

Abilica Circle is a mobile training app which included the best circle training products for effective and fun workout solutions.

Created intuitive and easy to use mobile app for training on iOS and Android platforms.

VIGO Magento Ecommerce website

Created a great luxury design for Magento CMS, that provides the best experience for VIGO products presentation. The site provides an intuitive and easy to use interface. It has a big amount of excellent products with different categories. The website is built with the light design and puts the main focus on the product. Also, DOIT Software developed multiple additional functionalities for VIGO Magento website.

iOS App Dev for Tracking Solutions Provider

“The app DOIT delivered was a success overall...”

Mar. - Arp. 2019

DOIT developed a demo mobile app for iOS that incorporates 3D imaging and AR technology, using BLE beacons.

Austin, Texas
Stephan Schwarze
CTO, Radiant RFID

DOIT delivered a high-quality mobile app that's allowed the company to successfully demonstrate new technology to its customer base. While the UI requires further iteration, the way their team manages development is very positive. They're incredibly thorough and responsive to client needs.

I'm the CTO of Radiant RFID, an IOT asset tracking and accountability solution provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We reached out to DOIT to help us develop a demo mobile app that showcases how AR can be used in an asset tracking environment. We wanted to show our customers something new outside of our software infrastructure.

DOIT used our requirements to build an iOS app, incorporating AR features that allow users to essentially see inside a warehouse to view inventory, using BLE beacons. A 3D image of the asset can then be accessed, allowing the viewer to turn the product around 360 degrees.

I work directly with four people, including a project manager. I also worked directly with their CTO and one of the founders during an initial discussion about our requirements.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

The CEO at DOIT sent me a message on LinkedIn and then came into our office to discuss their services while visiting Austin, Texas. When the need to develop the app came up, we decided to see how they performed.

We invested about $6,000.

We worked with them on the project from March–April 2019, wrapping up the bulk of work within a few weeks. After showing the app to customers, we've gone back to them to implement changes and to improve the UI, which they're still working on.

The app DOIT delivered was a success overall, meeting both the quality standards and requirements of the project. The way they manage the process has also been extremely impressive overall.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Compared to the many vendors we've worked with overseas, DOIT's project management skills set them apart. They have a dedicated project manager on our account who is technically savvy and able to discuss some of the details of project requirements. They also consistently send updates and everyone I've spoken to on their team speaks English very well.

Aside from effective project management, they also made sure they thoroughly understood our requirements before implementing anything in the beginning.

We ended up providing them more feedback regarding the interface than we expected we would've had to, so there's room to improve their UI skills.

Make sure to dedicate enough time to go over project requirements with their team in detail in the beginning. They had a lot of questions for us early on, and our initial conversations with them were critical to the success of the project.

UX/UI & iOS Dev for IT Company

"They understand the importance of securing good-natured workers who are also skilled."

June 2018 - Ongoing

DOIT software assisted in the UI design of a mobile application. They worked on the fronted and backend of the app and their work continues with other projects.

Norway
COO, IT Company

The team brings a unique mix of skill and professionalism to each project. They are punctual, efficient, and good-natured. Their superb customer service sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m the COO of a tech company that specializes in recruitment software.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We had projects outside of our main product we wanted to explore, namely a mobile application for one of our quality assurance products. We needed to hire an iOS development team since we don’t have anyone in-house with that skill set.

They helped work on the backend, frontend, and UI design of an iOS mobile application. They also assist with other projects as needed.

What is the team­­­ composition?

We work with one sales representative, two iOS developers, one designer, two backend programmers, and one full stack programmer.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

DOIT reached out to our team. We chose to work with them because they’re local, competent, and offer their services at a reasonable price.

We invest $22,000 per month.

We began working together in June 2018 and our engagement is ongoing.

The projects they’ve worked on have all been delivered on time. We appreciate that level of consistency and it makes our ongoing work together successful.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Since we are also a tech company, we oversee most of the project management. We welcomed their ideas, of course, but we know exactly what we want them to produce.

We are pleased with their workplace philosophy; they understand the importance of securing good-natured workers who are also skilled. They’re extremely responsive and value their customers. I’m going to Ukraine soon to visit them and they’ve offered hospitality measures such as picking me up from the airport and giving me computer equipment.

No, none that I can think of.

I would advise customers in any consulting relationship to know what they want initially and to set time-specific goals.

Website Development & Design for Cryptomining Company

"I decided to go with them because of their skilled team and attitude toward clients."

Apr. - Aug. 2018

DOIT Software designed and developed a mobile- and user-friendly website. They used Laravel and Vue.js to build the backend.

Illinois
President & Co-Founder, Cryptomining Company

The development team produced a website that aligned exactly with requirements. However, the project could have benefited from their creative advice and technical perspective. They had multiple channels for communication and were responsive to feedback, including criticism on their billing system.

I’m the co-founder and president of a company that builds the infrastructure for large investors who want to get involved in crypto mining.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We needed help to develop a website that would better position our company in the market and communicate our mission to users.

We required DOIT Software to make a user-friendly website that was compatible with all mobile devices. The planning and design phases took about four months and the development lasted roughly one month. They used Laravel and Vue.js frameworks for the backend development, but I’m not sure about the frontend.

I worked with a director of business development, a project manager, a business analyst, a designer, a developer, and a QA analyst. Over the course of the engagement, they added another project manager, and there was some turnover in the designer role. Those were the people that I directly interacted with, but I don’t know if there was a larger team supporting them.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

A friend referred me to them. My first impression of the team was that they were professional, in line with industry standards, and communicative with their clients. I decided to go with them because of their skilled team and attitude toward clients.

We spent $13,000.

We worked together from April–August 2018. We released the website in July 2018 but still had a few changes to make.

We didn’t track any metrics or conduct testing, so I can’t report on quantitative metrics. They developed and designed the website exactly as I asked, but I would have appreciated more creative feedback from them.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was responsive and easy to get in touch with. Most of our daily communication was over Skype. Once the development process started, we switched to Jira so that I could see the process. It was helpful to see wherever they were in the project at any given point. We also used Google Docs as a checklist and another forum for communication.

Once a week, I would have a call with the whole team through Google Hangouts or Skype, and we would address any problems. With everyone on the call, they could internally discuss what happened and find solutions.

Having said that, I had to get a little more involved than I would've liked. Toward the middle and end of the project, we were falling behind schedule, and I had to spend a few hours out of my week doing QA analysis and crosschecking the project. Some of the issues were showing up on my end but not theirs, so I had to get involved and figure out what was going on.

They communicate well internally and with their clients. The web development team is professional and efficient. The developer we worked with finished the website in record time. They were flexible and responsive to our feedback whenever we addressed an issue with the product or the development process as a whole.

It would be helpful if they provided more creative advice for clients like me who have limited development experience. The designer created the website exactly as asked, but sometimes that actually ended up being an issue. A few of our plans and suggestions were not the best in terms of functionality and user-friendliness.

Based on the design we gave them, certain pages—such as the call to action page—required too many clicks for the user to get to. Without much personal website development experience, my plans were based on my vision and user experience. It would have saved time and money if they had offered their perspective as developers before executing the work.

They could also improve their billing system. I had to prepay for every milestone, and if there was an issue or concern, I would have to pay extra to have it fixed. Most of the time, the amount of work required for a fix didn’t seem equivalent to what we were charged. I believe that we should have been charged per development stage instead of hours worked because, as clients, we don’t have control over how quickly the developer works. We addressed this challenge halfway through the project, and they modified their approach. As a young company, they’re still learning, and it was encouraging that they took our advice.

Have your needs and expectations solidified ahead of time and don’t change the scope of work; that could drastically increase the cost. Clients should be specific in terms of their ideas, the message they want to send, and their billing expectations. DOIT Software's team will do exactly what you ask of them, so if you just want a team to develop a website, tell them that. But if you want their advice and creativity, you need to let them know and insist on their input.

They were good about scheduling but did miss some milestones. However, that was due in part to changes in the project.
    They did good work, but I think it was overvalued. A lot was added to the estimates when we asked them to make changes or fix mistakes.
    The development was fantastic, but the design and creativity was lacking.
    We’ve made suggestions based on our project, and they’re working to improve. This way, each client will have a better experience than the last.

iOS & Android Dev for Crowdsourcing Emergency Alerts App

“They were always professional and responded promptly to my inquiries.”

Jan. - Apr. 2018

DOIT Software developed an emergency alert app for iOS and Android. The app allowed users to send SOS messages during regional disasters when standard emergency lines failed.

San Francisco Bay Area
Larissa Paschyn
Founder, Citizens to the Rescue

Emergency response agencies and colleges lauded the app for its user-friendly functionality, and several cities are considering buying it. DOIT Software remained responsive throughout the collaboration, producing an exceptional product at a cost-efficient price.

I’m the founder of a new mobile app startup called Citizens to the Rescue (CTR).

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

I had a vision for my app but needed professional coders to design and create it for me.

Initially, I provided a brief bullet-point summary of what I wanted the app to do. From there, I gave them free reign over the design, coding, implementation, and launch. Every two weeks, they would send me whatever they were working on, and my contact here would test it for bugs before giving feedback.

They built the app for iOS and Android as an alternative alert platform for when 911 systems crash, particularly during large-scale regional disasters. The app crowdsources emergency SOS alerts to reach out to individuals. Users can drop a pin to notify people within a 100-mile radius that they need assistance. People can then respond to requests and chat with others through the app.

They assigned about six developers to handle the design and coding.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

I was researching agencies and freelancers online when a friend of mine, who is a coder, recommended them to me. He verified their legitimacy, so I felt that I could trust them more than the other companies I’d looked at.

I spent around $15,000.

Their work lasted from January–April 2018.

Despite my lack of coding experience, they were able to take my requirements and turn them into a functional, well-designed app. I was highly impressed with their work, and it’s already gotten a lot of positive feedback for its ease of use. Various emergency response organizations and universities have also tested the app and endorse it. I’m currently working with a few cities that want to purchase our product.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Once we decided to move forward with the project, they provided a clear timeline and completed the development in short sprints. We also coordinated our schedules to accommodate the time differences.

In terms of communication, they updated us on a bi-weekly basis. They had strong English skills and understood nearly everything that I said. If an email didn’t make sense, we would speak over the phone.

I appreciated how upfront and transparent they were with their work. They were always professional and responded promptly to my inquiries. If we caught any additional bugs that they’d missed, they were quick to correct them.

After the project closed, I approached them again to see if they would make an additional feature with payments. At the time, they were working on different projects but never really followed up with me. Eventually, I reached out again, and they replied. In this case, their response time could have been faster.

I’m not familiar with app developers, but my colleagues thought that the price structure was reasonable.

iOS Port Development for Sales App Company

DOIT has done an excellent job maintaining the app’s functionalities.”

DOIT Software is porting an Android app to iOS. They’ve completed the business card and IoT functions and are currently building a communication platform.

Andrew Amann
VP of Products, Upline Networks

Although the app has yet to launch, the iOS version boasts exceptional stability with few error states. Their efforts to support project goals and respect deadlines demonstrates DOIT Software’s customer-centric approach.

I’m the vice president of products at Upline Networks. Upline is a mobile app that assists online sales representatives to train, communicate, and promote products while having professional tools at their fingertips.

For what projects/services did your company hire DOIT Software?

Currently, DOIT Software is building and designing the iOS version of our app.

We’ve initially built the Android version of our app but lack the in-house resources to develop the app for iOS. We needed the DOIT Software team to port the iOS app, ensuring the same functionality as its Android counterpart.

Until recently, we’d been using Eastern European development firms for three years with varying results. One of the firms had mentioned DOIT Software, so we researched the company and hired them.

Using our Android application as a prototype, they ported the app into an iOS framework. This involved understanding the iOS guidelines to ensure that the UX/UI felt intuitive and natural. After we approved the design, they began linking the database into the iOS system.

The app features three services, which are built independently: a business card function, an IoT controller, and a team communication platform. DOIT completed the business card and IoT functions and are currently building the communication platform.

We worked closely with a designer, developer, and project manager.

Although we haven’t launched the app yet, we’ve tested the iOS version and found it to be extremely stable. We don’t have any concerns about crashes nor bugs. DOIT has done an excellent job maintaining the app’s functionalities. They also included great animations. We’ve been pleased with the team’s work.

As the product manager, I have limited experience with the development team. However, we’ve worked with their designer to offer feedback on the project. They’ve used Zeplin to check for error states and address pain points. They’ve collaborated daily with our in-house developer, using Jira and Trello to manage tasks.

We value their streamlined workflow and technical accuracy. Their long work hours and efforts to meet our product deadlines demonstrate their customer-centric approach. DOIT happily assists our goals. They are great communicators and even better collaborators.

During the engagement, two DOIT employees left the company, and they reassigned the work. They could have better facilitated the project handoff to ensure the customer received the same high-quality work. This wasn’t a huge problem, but it could have been.

Overall Score We appreciate their communication and commitment to producing high-quality deliverables.
    They're able to work despite the time difference.
    They have competitive prices.
    The port is stable and accurate to our app.
    They're one of the better Ukrainian firms we've worked with.

Custom Software Dev for Behavior Health Agency

"They relay in real time with us and their team is always on focused on smoothing out errors."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

DOIT Software developed a web tool to secure log-ins into a database. They programmed digital signature technology and offered technical feedback.

Marlon Gray
Owner & Founder, Empower U.

DOIT Software was very transparent on their milestones and communicated clearly to resolve requests. They smoothed out errors in the testing phases and the web tool launched with no crashes or bugs. They allowed for the transfer of paper records to a digital database and eased access to information.

I am the owner and founder of Empower U., a company that provides programs for children and families with mental health needs.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We were trying to create a web tool that allowed secure log-ins to a database that updates client records, provides notes, and data signatures.

They programmed a secure log-in system for the database and integrated digital signature technology. They configured a web tool so our database could be easily accessed through mobile devices. DOIT tested the web tool, provided an initial server, and relayed feedback on server maintenance. They translated our requests to concrete project milestones and managed the project’s deadlines.

I’ve been working with one sales manager, scope manager, project manager, and two developers.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

I found them through a talent marketing website. They had a great portfolio that showcased their work experience and they provided us with a comprehensive and well-thought-out proposal.

I have invested $30,000 to $32,000 so far. We intend to invest up to $50,000 in total.

I started working with them in September 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

The web tool never crashes and has no bugs. The tool has helped us make our data paperless and made it easy for in-home providers access information.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They accommodated their activity and communication to our time zone and were always accessible. They track and screenshot our conversations to make sure they understand our requests clearly. Their whole team is interacting with each other on a group chat we have access to. They have been very transparent with us about their work.

They make sure to completely understand what you’ve requested and are willing to ask questions about specific details. They relay in real time with us and their team is always focused on smoothing out errors.

I can’t see anything they could improve on.

Overall Score I feel like I have some good connections with them.
    They do communicate hiccups but have been late on few deadlines.
    I think you get what you pay for.
    They have missed a few deadlines.
    I have already recommended them to others.

Custom Web Dev for Home Appliance Manufacturing Company

“We’re satisfied with what they’ve developed.”

June. - Aug. 2017

DOIT Software developed a Magento website, completely reworking the original site and its functionalities.

Steve Garb
IT Director, Vigo Industries

The team successfully completed the redevelopment project, contributing to an increase in business for the company. They were good communicators, following instructions carefully and precisely.

I’m an IT director at Vigo Industries. We manufacture products in China and sell them through various channels.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We wanted to create a website for rebranding purposes.

They developed our website using Magento. The site was complete redone. We changed 80% of the functionality.

There was a project manager and three or four developers.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

A colleague referred them to us. We used two or three other teams before finding DOIT Software.

Less than $10,000.

We started working together in June 2017 and finished in August 2017.

We’re satisfied with what they’ve developed. Our users like it and we’ve seen an increase in business.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We had no problems getting a hold of them and there were no time difference issues. We used email and Google Docs.

They have good communication skills.

No, they did everything correctly and followed our instructions.

Android App Dev for Enterprise Software Platform

“We were impressed by their developer’s thorough methodology. He's phenomenal.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

DOIT Software supported the build of white label, configurable, and templated IoT platform. Efforts focused on Android and included hardware, software, backend, analytics, and engagement tools.

CTO, Enterprise Software Platform

Working in direct contact, DOIT Software’s skilled engineers augmented in-house iOS, Android, and server development teams. After a rigorous interview process, the team adapted to a unique development process. Developers flexibly accommodated time zone differences and beat estimated deadlines.

My company provides an IoT platform to partners in over 12 valuable object industries, including boats, RVs, musical instruments, and exotic pets. Our white label solutions connect partners to end customers who want to protect expensive possessions.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We needed additional Android development support to configure our platform. Since much of our work involves onboarding new partners, our required amount of resources often fluctuates. We integrated their engineers with our internal iOS, Android, and server development teams.

The platform includes hardware, software, backend, analytics, and engagement tools. DOIT Software had to work with several unique technologies. We build our whole system to be white labeled, configurable, and templated. Their developers worked extensively with our custom-built, in-house templating tool. We're currently building critical front end mobile app materials to work with that system.

We do things a little differently with our contractors. As our standard practice, we provide the project management and QA and work directly with the development resources. That's just how we handle our quality.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

We often work with third party development contractors depending on our resource allotment and needs DOIT Software came highly recommended, so we reached out to them. We specifically look for companies that accommodate our atypical development process. They cooperated with our interview method and were very flexible. We regularly work with two other vendors who both offered to help as well.

We started working together in December 2017. We'll continue working with then at the rate we're going for the foreseeable future.

They offered competitive prices and the whole process has been very efficient. We were impressed by their developer’s thorough methodology. He's phenomenal. The hiring process went very well. We appreciated that they let us directly interview the developers they had available and select which ones we wanted to work with.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve offered project management resources, but as mentioned previously, we provide our own. We haven't had any issues with deadlines or communications. They actually typically finish faster than we plan for in the sprint process. Their developer is very communicative and works well with the rest of our team. He works with two of our domestic engineers daily and shifted his hours to accommodate the time zone difference.

We engaged DOIT Software a month prior to when we needed the resources to actually begin working. They were ready to go immediately, which is very rare to find. Typically, some of our partners take 3-6 months to ramp up before they get started.

The main areas for improvement are not really solvable. I wish they were located domestically or even locally so we had more overlapping working hours.

We interviewed specific candidates ahead of time and assigned them a coding challenge. I recommend that everyone do that.

They're usually finished early.

Outsourced iOS App Dev for Consultancy

“The stability is great with 99.8% of all sessions free of bugs, freezes, and crashes.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

DOIT built a proximity marketing application for iOS to mirror an existing Android app. The app edits pages to be broadcast. They also maintain a digital business card app. The work is ongoing.

Toronto, Canada
Pavel Kirillov
Business Consultant

DOIT assures quality products by writing clean code and thoroughly testing the product before launch. This sharp and youthful team enriches the experience with their strong flexibility and dedication to go the extra mile, delivering five-star satisfaction.

I do consulting for Royaltie. My partner and I have a startup consulting company and our main customer is Royaltie. The development of the project was done for Royaltie.

We developed a digital business card app, which gives customers the ability to create a digital business card on their device and send it via link to email, phone, Twitter, Bluetooth, etc. The customer can send contact information, marketing materials, videos, etc. It's primarily a web app so the receiver doesn't need to download anything; it just opens up in a browser. Customers have the ability to track who opens their cards, the demographics, etc. Royaltie bought that asset and put a twist on it.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We needed to build a mobile app for iOS and the developer that we usually work with was not available.

Google Nearby has tiny beacons that are about the size of three quarters stacked on top of one another and you put them on your keychain. You can associate a link to be broadcast by the beacon for two years every 700 milliseconds on one battery. Our business cards or any other links are posted with an SSL certificate. They are broadcast by these devices to any Android phone within 200 yards. All the users of Android 4.4 or above opt into the broadcasts by default to Google services. Android 4.4 was released six years ago.

The United States Army is use our beacons. They have recruiting stations in malls and they use the beacons during obstacle course events called "Spartan races". They put a bunch of beacons at the Go Marines booth, and everyone in that spectator booth pulls out their Android phone and receives a notification. The value is that it attracts a lot of traffic to the businesses that use it. We wanted a mobile client to design those apps and stitch those two products together to make an editor of those pages to be broadcast by those beacons.

They maintain the initial app that Royaltie bought from our startup. We've released one app on the App Store for Royaltie called Royaltie Gem. Last month, we released a third app, which is a clone of the Royaltie app but for white label and reseller partners. It's essentially the same thing, but when the reseller logs in, color schemes and everything change to reflect their needs.

DOIT Software has a project manager and a developer from Kiev. They also had a designer that was helping them. We wrote the code while the project manager made sure he was following the timeline.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

My previous employer recommended them to me. They had been working with DOIT for a year before I started.

They started working with us in mid-August 2017. We're still working with them.

They're not the first team we've worked with, and so far, we've seen very good results. The developer that I work with is great; he's on time, on budget, and everything is smooth and tested. Before major releases, a part-time QA person spends a few days testing it before we push it to the App Store which results in a smooth launch and everything working great. It's a very good quality product. It's written right; the code base is clean. Crashlytics and monitoring software are installed so we can see who’s using it. It's popular, and it performs very well. The stability is great with 99.8% of all sessions free of bugs, freezes, and crashes.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We never had any issues getting a hold of them. The difference between our time zones is seven hours so we adjust our time and they adjust their time so we have a good overlap.

They are usually on time, sometimes even earlier, and they stay on budget. Once we wanted something more urgently than usual and they allocated another developer to help us with that. We needed work done over the weekend and they had no problems with that. They charged us for overtime, but they worked 15 hours per day and it was completed when we needed it.

They're a young, bright team and they work quickly. Their CEO is nice. They're on top of their game.

They lost a designer recently and his replacement has not proven himself to be as great as the previous one. Also, once we had an issue with an estimate, but we worked it out without a problem. There's always room for improvement, but they're good.

Overall Score I've had bad teams before, but they are very good.
    I like them a lot and I've recommended them to my friends.

WordPress Dev for Large Supply Chain Company

“They take ownership over the quality of the work.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

DOIT developed the layout, design, functionality, and backend of the existing WordPress site. The site features a complex home page with changing headers and data-rich reports. They also implemented e-commerce.

Former Director of Engineering, Large Supply Chain

Due to changes in management and in the organization, the site is not yet live, but it is working and ready. While there were some touch-ups and minor bugs, DOIT excelled in asking good questions and understanding the usability of the product they developed, acing the role of a tech partner.

The business is part of a large supply chain company. I worked for the research arm of the company which researches retail trends and emerging product technologies within retail and then publishes reports through channels such as email, websites, conferences, and events. I was the director of engineering responsible for all the technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with DOIT Software?

We wanted to develop a WordPress website. We've tried to build the site internally, but we quickly realized that we needed a professional company to take over because we didn't have the needed resources.

There were problems with the overall design of the website. We wanted to improve the layout, design, functionality, and the backend. We made sure they implemented something that we can manage through the admin portal of WordPress.

The site started as a free place for content. The reports are rich with graphics and visualization. It's more than a typical blog. There are custom types of content and different categorizations of data. There's a complex home page that has statistics and headers that change. We've worked with them on a few iterations. We've also implemented e-commerce. They worked directly with our designer and head of marketing to approve the design. They helped with everything.

The website is working and ready, but it hasn't been approved to go live yet due to changes in management and in the organization. Our senior director and CEO got involved and wanted to make changes. It should go live soon; hopefully, we'll get the business aligned to do that. Now, we're going back and forth about the deployment to production, which wasn't easy because they had to get Citrix access to the corporate environment.

We have direct contact with a project manager. Their senior management is very engaged, and we could always reach out to them if we had questions or wanted to talk about the account. They also had developers, a designer, and quality assurance (QA) people working on it.

How did you come to work with DOIT Software?

I've worked with a few agencies in the past with some success. I reached out to my network to see what they were using and received their recommendations. I talked to a few agencies. DOIT seemed to have the right approach. I liked that they work in Agile and they were very transparent. They offered QA and project management at no extra cost. They were very competitive and they had good references. It made sense to give them a try.

We've spent $15,000–$30,000 with them.

We've been working with them since October 2017.

They are great. They tried to understand the design and asked questions during the scoping phase, which not a lot of offshore companies do. When they develop, they think about the usability of the product.

They're not perfect. They were some bugs, but they were always quick to fix them. We never had any major catastrophes. There were some minor touch-ups, but we’re very satisfied overall. The business hired a new designer who is working with them, and he gave me very good feedback about them as well.

How did DOIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage all of their resources and perform their own QA. They use Agile. They gave us access to their Jira, and we can clearly see the stories and comment on them. We also use email to communicate.

At the beginning, it was perfect because we had the scope defined and they were managing it to completion. After that, we started to be more indecisive about the requirements. We didn't have a clear understanding; we were experimenting. Later in the project when the new designer came in, he gave us a complete set of designs, and they took over and started to deliver on time and managed that process for delivery.

Before working with DOIT, I tried to work with three different companies specializing in WordPress, and all of them had issues and failed to deliver. I put DOIT through the same development and deployment circumstances, and they aced them. I was very impressed with that.

With the overall level of communication that we have with them, they're like a technology partner. You can talk about the design and they understand. They come back with suggestions or different options of how we can implement our ideas. We have a discussion, decide, and then we execute and deliver on time.

They take ownership over the quality of the work. Whatever the situation, they take it on. They've been gracious, supportive, and flexible. They're a great company to work with. They are what you would expect from an engineering company. Overall, we're very pleased.

The project manager and the executive team are proficient in English, but some of the team members are less proficient. However, I've worked with them for many months and it wasn't an issue. Their written English is great; you can always communicate with them over chat or email, but their spoken English needs improvement.

They've done everything they could under the circumstances.
    They are very cost-effective.
    I've already recommended them twice.