GROW CONFIDENTLY ONLINE

Direct Online Marketing (DOM) is a top 200 Premier Google Partner digital marketing agency founded in 2006. From our offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Wheeling, WV, we’ve helped clients from every populated continent sell into 150+ countries. By partnering with DOM, you gain a trusted digital advisor with certified expertise and proven results. We offer a disciplined approach, straightforward communications, complete transparency, and a culture of excellence.

2006

DIS-TRAN

Woodcraft

SocialChorus

SEO Campaigns for Business Management Consulting Group

“Direct Online Marketing constantly pushes the envelope. They’re great communicators and are fun to work with, too.”

Jul. 2016 - Ongoing

Direct Online Marketing leads and manages SEO campaigns on an ongoing basis. Their team utilizes effective digital marketing principles to boost web traffic and sales. They provide weekly analytics reports.

Reno, Nevada
Steve Jones
Marketing VP, Corporate Visions, Inc.

Direct Online Marketing produces consistent results that meet increasingly ambitious project goals. The marketing manager facilitates a communicative experience and makes improvements wherever possible. Their SEO efforts generate viable leads and drive significant web traffic.

I’m the marketing VP for Corporate Visions, Inc. We’re a marketing, sales messaging, and skill-training consulting company. Everything we do is based on a unique decision-making science. We work with universities to help us understand how the brain works in response to marketing and sales components. Using that knowledge, we help companies build their sales pipelines and close better deals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Direct Online Marketing?

Despite having a compelling story to tell, our website wasn’t getting the amount of traffic we intended. Also, the lack of web traffic limited the number of worthwhile leads we’d receive. We needed a digital marketing agency to solve those issues by managing our SEO campaigns.

Jonathan (Digital Marketing Manager, Direct Online Marketing) understands that I don’t have time to manage every aspect of the SEO effort, but I do need results. He and his team function as an extension of our company.

Jonathan started the engagement by recommending various strategies to drive more traffic to the site and, thus, generate more leads. He also communicated tasks we could do on our end to improve our overall score. However, his team does as much as they can, knowing that I don’t have an internal SEO specialist. They aren’t afraid to dive into work without putting pressure on us to help them.

They only do SEO and are continually going through Google Analytics. Jonathan takes screenshots and puts them together into regular reports for me. This saves me the headache of trying to analyze the data on my own.

Jonathan is our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Direct Online Marketing?

I first discovered them while working for another company. Justin (Founder, Direct Online Marketing) worked with that company’s CMO, and I remembered the excellent work they did. Once this project came up, I wanted to bring them in for an interview. We hit it off right away and they understood what I wanted from an SEO agency. As a result, we decided to hire them.

Initially, we spent about $3,000 per month. We’ve since increased our investment due to the measurable results the previous campaigns have produced.

We began working with them in July 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

When we first started working together, we were averaging somewhere between 15,000–17,000 people visiting our site each month. Now, the site’s consistently seeing 22,000—24,000 hits per month. As a result of this significant bump in web traffic, I’ve put some lofty goals in front of them. I look forward to seeing record-breaking traffic flooding our website in the future.

We measure the effectiveness of the work that they’re doing not just by the traffic, but also by the quality of that traffic. We gauge the quality by the number of people that fill out our contact form. Before engaging Direct Online Marketing, 20–25 people filled out the contact form each month. Now, we average somewhere close to 40 submissions a month, and that’s a huge statistic for us. 25% of people that people that fill out that form go directly into our pipeline, so it’s our most reliable way to generate new business.

How did Direct Online Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

We meet every other week, and I’m the one that ends up rescheduling on them most of the time. But we talk a lot more than that and will email each other back and forth. They’re consistent in the way they deliver exactly what I need. I get a detailed weekly report from Jonathan letting me know how we performed the week before. If I don’t have the numbers but require them to reveal the results of this program to my CEO, they’re fantastic about getting those to me immediately. I don’t have to wait more than 30 minutes before everything is in my inbox.

Direct Online Marketing knows what they’re doing, evident by the results they produce. But it's not always about business. Every time I meet with them, we have great personal conversations. They’re great about looking to improve and still come to me with recommendations on how we can do better. A lot of SEO agencies like to boost performance once, and that’s good enough for them. Instead, Direct Online Marketing constantly pushes the envelope. They’re great communicators and are fun to work with, too.

I’m somewhat demanding when it comes to results. Some of our competitors have double the web traffic that we do, and I would eventually like to be there at some point. That isn’t solely on the agency, but the results could always be better.

It’s okay to ask for help in understanding the various aspects of SEO, but there’s also no shame in letting the experts handle it. Allowing Direct Online Marketing to own a piece of the project has been a successful approach for us. We work well together because I’m extremely clear with what I want from them. Foster that kind of relationship with them, and they’ll deliver the required results.

Digital Marketing for AI Software Company

“Working with Direct Online is like working with colleagues who have our company’s best interest at heart.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Direct Online Marketing provides digital marketing services, including SEO, SEM, and social media ad campaigns. They also use Google Analytics to measure the impact of their work and to manage keyword traffic.

San Fransisco, California
Director, AI Software Company

Traffic to the new website increases by up to 20% each week due to Direct Online’s SEO services. They take extra steps to keep communication frequent, transparent, and worthwhile. Their eagerness to succeed proves why they’ve been a trusted online marketing source for decades.

I am the director of corporate marketing for an AI software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Direct Online Marketing?

We use a variety of marketing techniques to promote our company and the products we make; digital marketing is one of the most lucrative methods. We needed a partner who could improve our online visibility, and in turn, help us hit our sales and revenue goals, keep our customers engaged, locate new partners, and contribute to the overall success of our company.

After changing the name of our company, we felt that it would be appropriate to revamp our website and change our domain name as well. Every new website experiences a decline in traffic. They implemented SEO best practices into the new site to help grow our audience.

Google isn’t cooperative when pages are missing, so a significant scope of the work involved reconciling all of the pages on the old site on the new site. They ensured that the descriptions and keyword strategies aided with our overall goal to drive more traffic to our website. Current Google Analytics metrics are compared to the previous week’s measurements and the pre-launch stats. They also examine keywords to confirm that the appropriate audiences are being directed to relevant pages. Some websites still have our old domain listed on their pages, so they’re coming up with link reclamation strategies to reach out to those companies and request changes.

We usually have several Direct Online teams working on multiple projects at a time, which include running our online ad campaigns, managing SEM initiatives, and making sure we're spending the right amount of dollars for the right keywords.

We initially had one point of contact during the early stages of our partnership. Now that their team has grown, we have designated contacts for digital marketing projects, SEO and SEM initiatives, and general project management.

How did you come to work with Direct Online Marketing?

Our CMO introduced me to Direct Online eight years ago, and I have been using them for our digital marketing needs ever since. Their status as a trusted Google-partner is comforting, but we’re loyal to them because the quality of their services is unfailingly effective.

We started working on the SEO project in March 2017, and they continue to measure the impact of their work via Google Analytics.

They planned all of the SEO strategies months before launching the new site, which has made it easier to rebuild our audience. There was an initial dip when we debuted the new site, but traffic is increasing by 15%-20% each week.

How did Direct Online Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

After our weekly meetings, they send a follow-up email to ensure that both of our teams have a clear set of deliverables. For good measure, documents are also shared and managed on Google Docs. Whether by phone, email, or Skype, they’re always available to answer our questions and provide immediate assistance. They’ve even traveled from West Virginia to sit down with us at our California office and get a better understanding of what we’re trying to accomplish. Their willingness to literally go the extra mile is one of many ways they’ve shown their commitment to their work.

Working with Direct Online is like working with colleagues who have our company’s best interest at heart. I recommend their services to any business looking to enhance their online presence.

We wouldn’t change anything about them because they always bring us spectacular results.

Be willing to put in the necessary work on your end to make the engagement worthwhile. Direct Online has specialized in digital marketing for decades, so take advantage of their knowledge.

SEO & PPC for Truck Parts E-Commerce Website

"Whenever we have issues, their team works quickly to correct them."

Aug. 2013 - Ongoing

Direct Online is the long-term partner for SEO and PPC work, helping increase traffic and sales. They’ve dealt with AdWords, Bing, and Google Shopping.

Wheeling, West Virginia
Chad Remp
Founder, Class 8 Truck Parts

Since having them on board, there’s been a substantial boost in both traffic and sales over the years. The level of personalization they provide along with their expertise in various industries guarantees that they’ll come up with the best solutions.

Class 8 Truck Parts is an e-commerce website selling heavy-duty truck parts in both domestic and international markets.

For what projects/services did your company hire Direct Online Marketing?

We needed to increase our traffic and sales with SEO and PPC work, including AdWords, Bing, and Google Shopping.

We wanted to increase our revenue while producing a positive ROI on our marketing spend.

We interviewed them and found that their expertise in SEO and PPC could help our company.

They initially conducted a complete site analysis, reviewing our primary products and helping us determine the appropriate level of investment for the different categories of SEO and PPC. They also helped set up AdWords, Bing, and Google Shopping.

We have worked with one main point of contact at Direct Online Marketing.  All of our questions and concerns have been coordinated with our main point of contact.  We have multiple specialists at Direct Online Marketing working on our account.

Our website has had a significant increase in traffic and sales over the past several years. Direct Online Marketing has been instrumental in the success of our e-commerce website.

How did the Direct Online Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Our rep consistently communicates the status of projects and reviews the metrics on the progress of our goals.

What impresses you about the Direct Online Marketing?

Their personalized service is remarkable. Additionally, their experts have knowledge of other industries and are able to help us determine what the best solutions are for our company and industry.

None. Whenever we have issues, their team works quickly to correct them.

Overall Score Excellent.
    They provide a great value. There are lower cost options out there, but we’re mainly concerned with producing a positive ROI.
    I highly recommend Direct Online Marketing to other companies. They have been extremely helpful to the growth of our e-commerce website.

Search Engine and Media Marketing for Arts College

“No matter what you’re trying to market, DOM will learn about the product so they can provide the best support.”

May 2013 - Ongoing

The digital agency provides ongoing online marketing maintenance, including keyword searches, online ads, and PPC profitability. They also run social media advertising to target specific demographics.

1,001-10,000 Employees

Savannah, Georgia
Associate Director of Advertising, Arts College

Direct Online Marketing’s support has increased weekly conversion rates. Their understanding of search engine marketing enables them to assist with specific targeting campaigns. The knowledgeable team is responsive and always willing to make quick changes to online ad content.

I’m the associate director of advertising at an arts college. I manage advertising for the university, including digital marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Direct Online Marketing (DOM)?

Marketing can be fast-paced and often we’ll need work completed the same day. Being able to outsource a portion of that work enables to focus on the design and content we do in-house.

They run our search engine marketing (including Google, Bing, and Yahoo), but we run our website and handle SEO in-house. DOM will offer tips if we need assistance with the backend, however. They monitor keyword searches, our ads and how much we pay for PPC, while we provide ad content. We discuss analytics with them weekly, which gives them a chance to suggest, for example, keywords we should include in our search. Meanwhile, we update them on our goals and priorities, so they know what market or age group we might be seeking.

DOM also runs ads on our paid social media, targeting various demographics. The school runs a number of events and exhibitions, and we also that advertising for those as an opportunity to reach prospective students who may not know about the different opportunities the community has to offer.

I communicate almost entirely through one of the senior digital advertising specialists. I’ve worked with other designers when he was unavailable, but he is my main contact.

We’ve been working with DOM since May 2013.

Every week, we look at our number of conversions (or a request for information from the school) and make adjustments as needed. Those results depend on the campaign we’re running at that point in the year, and whether they involve our paid social or search engine marketing. Their responsiveness to the adjustments we need to make helps us better interpret and improve those conversion numbers.

How did Direct Online Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They are excellent. We’ve had some in-person meetings, but we communicate mostly via phone and email. Since we’re at an arts college, there are many creativity-driven people who have different ideas about what makes something visually appealing or engaging. DOM is always happy to accommodate last-minute changes or adjustments, whether it be the verbiage in an ad or revising text. Digital marketing is only one of several areas I cover in the advertising department, so I try to give DOM notice about work we’ll need from them but it’s not always possible. Nevertheless, they get completed work back to me or answer my questions the same day.

I’m approached daily by other digital marketing agencies who want to pitch their company to me, but I never consider anyone else. We’re already working with a company that understands search engine marketing and social media, and that will get back to me quickly if they need to research something or don’t have an answer for me immediately.

Some of our work is international, which is as new for me as I'm sure it for them, but even though we’re both learning about the new field, they always have their client’s best interests at heart. I'm not interested in even trying to work with anyone else because they're able to do so much for me, given that I'm pulled in a number of different directions.

No, they are incredibly accommodating.

They’re dedicated to their clients. They offer suggestions for reaching new audiences, but it doesn't come across like a pushy sales pitch, which I know can happen with other marketing companies. No matter what you’re trying to market, DOM will learn about the product so they can provide the best support.

They're never bothered if I need information quickly, and always respond on the same day.

Digital Marketing Campaign for E-Commerce Furniture Retailer

"We have many different campaigns going, and they really take their time to figure out the best ROI."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

Direct Online Marketing leads Google campaigns, focusing on segmented keyword lists. They also provide SEO and earned media services, as well as influencer engagement.

Jacksonville, Florida
Ian Leslie
CMO, Industry West

Sales from the website have increased dramatically since the engagement began. Direct Online Marketing’s understanding of marketing technologies makes them a valuable partner. The team demonstrates a vested interest in both long-term outcomes and customer business needs.

I’m CMO of Industry West, an e-commerce furniture company based in Florida. I oversee marketing, PR, website, search, social, and product placement.

What challenge were you trying to address with Direct Online Marketing?

We’d alternated between managing our Google campaign internally and using an outside firm. The conversion rate wasn’t great and costs were pretty high. We were looking to improve our ROI.

Previously our Google campaigns were only in large buckets, such as commercial furniture or restaurant furniture. Direct Online Marketing (DOM) came in and segmented the campaigns into a much longer list. Their buckets include bistro furniture, bed frames, benches, church furniture, and coastal furniture. They also manage our influencer engagement and do some earned media, such as writing press releases. They manage the relationship with a firm we pay for social prospecting and retargeting. DOM leads the weekly calls and decides what we spend. They do some of our SEO as well.

Because of their close relationship to Google, we also regularly get to beta test new features. We were one of the first to do ads in Gmail, and we’re doing a lot of audience retargeting and segmenting.

Leland (senior digital advertising specialist, DOM) is our project manager, and I work directly with Justin (president, DOM) when needed.

How did you come to work with Direct Online Marketing?

I worked with DOM in my previous role as head of interactive marketing at Savannah College of Art and Design. When I started at Industry West, I had them come in and do an audit. They gave us their assessment and we went from there.

We’ve probably spent $125,000. We're on a monthly retainer that changes based on our needs.

We started working together in April 2015 and the engagement is ongoing.

They've done an amazing job. From 2015–2017, our web revenue increased 120%, our transactions were up 91%, and our clicks were up 160%. From 2016–2017, our call volume increased 35%.

How did Direct Online Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s really impeccable. They send weekly reports of what they're working on, what they’ve completed, and what they need to be working on. We also get a metric report every week. We communicate mostly via Slack and email. We’ve incorporated them into our ticketing on Trello so they can work directly with our development team. They're very responsive.

I appreciate their transparency and their concern for the client. If they're not seeing the performance they expect, they're going to pull back very quickly. We have many different campaigns going, and they really take their time to figure out the best ROI. Their industry contacts are fantastic and they’re always willing to bring us new opportunities. They’re also really open and not locked in to one kind of technology. Justin is very well-known in the business and I can always go to him for a recommendation or an industry contact. It's the best of both worlds in that we're getting boutique customer service while also getting the experience of someone who's been doing this for 20 years.

No, not really. We've been really happy with them.

Just tell them what you want, and be very clear about what you're looking for.