Innovative Mobile Apps and Technology solutions

DeviceBee is a leading IT/Telecom software development company that is focused on empowering business with cutting-edge technology solution. Since 2011, DeviceBee has provided technology solutions to organizations in diversity of verticals, IT, Telecom and Healthcare sectors.

Our core solutions and services include:

- Mobile Apps Development

- E-commerce solutions

- CMS and Portal Design/Development

- Payment Gateway Integration

- Software Testing

We specialize in ASP.NET, C#, C/C++, VB.NET, AJAX, ADO.NET, J2ME, Android SDK, iOS SDK, XCode, Apple Swift, Apple AR Kit, BlackBerry RIM, MS SQL Server, MySQL Server, MariaDB Server, Oracle, PHP, WordPress, Node JS, CMS, Socket.io, Adobe Flash, JBoss, Apache, Perl, Shell Scripting, Red Hat Linux, CentOS Server, MS Windows, Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, MS Azure.

SPECIALTIES:

Android Development, Apple iPhone, iPad, Mac Development, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone, Swift Development, CMS/Magento, Wordpress, CMS, Jqueury, HTML5, Facebook React

Solutions Experience:

• Carrefour Middle East
  • Volkswagen
  • Fugro Middle East
  • Dubai Smart Govt
  • Dubai Transport Regulatory Authority (RTA)
  • Dubai Media Inc.

Dukaani - Multi Grocery Platform for Grocery Ordering in the UAE

Dukaani is operated by multinational Companies in UAE and Qatar. Dukaani is a smart shopping platform transforming all shopping stores to sell their products online. Groceries delivered to you in just a few clicks! No need to go out to the supermarket or local store. Access the app from anywhere, select a store, browse products and click to buy from anywhere and any time.

• Buyer can have it delivered to any address – home, office or the park.
  • Buyer can save more than 1 delivery address.
  • Dukaani records order history.
  • Re-order with just a click.
  • Seller determines the fastest possible delivery time for every new order, which also depends on the distance between delivery address and store.
  • Buyer can cancel order if disagreed.
  • Pay by credit/debit card.

QuickPit - Dial A tire is an on demand tires delivery and replacement service

Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal' chain of retail tire fitment outlets are known as Tire Stop. They are fitted out with state-of-the-art mechanical service bays maintained by a team of experienced sales staff and auto technicians who are highly trained with the latest computer diagnostic equipment, as well as experts in traditional hand tools. Tire Stop not only changes tires but also provide the discerning motorist with technical advice and support on tire selection, inflation pressure and tire care tips.

With the ever increasing traffic on roads and Common dilemma for drivers who need their tires to be changed, Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal has introduced a fully equipped mobile tire fitment service - Dial-A-Tire. Dial-A-Tire is a novel way of retailing tires, which offers you the customer the benefits of convenience and minimum disruption to your normal schedule, as we come to you, saving you time, saving you money and we are just a phone call away.

SpeeGo - Book a car at any time anywhere

SpeeGo gives you access to a growing fleet of cars at an hourly rate! You can rent a car from 1 – 24 hours, without having to deal with the hassles and paperwork of traditional rent-a-car companies. With fuel and insurance included, there are no extra costs!

With an easy sign-up process & quick account approvals, you’re just minutes away from renting the car of your choice – and you pay per hour! Never again will you waste your money by being forced to rent a car for an entire day!

With cars located all over Dubai, chances are that there’s one located near you!

SpeeGo makes it easy – as easy as 1-2-3!

1 – Download & Register
2 – Select & Book
3 – Simply Drive!

Features:

Quick & Easy Sign-Up:
Sign-Up and Register from the app in less than 30 seconds!

Cars by the hour:
Rent from 1 hour to 24 hours in just seconds!

We’re open 24/7/365:
Book at...

Engineering Advisor App

Engineering Advisor is a new app published by Mohamed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment to help the customers to view the available designs for house construction. The application allows the user to search the type designs based on number of bed rooms, construction area, pricing. The application contains the following features:

Listing of Engineering designs
Types of houses
Construction Calculator

Flat - Buy and Sell Property in Kuwait

Flat - Is the newest and easiest way to find the exact property you’re looking for in Kuwait.

When using Flat:
1.    You can browse the largest database of real estate in Kuwait.
2.    Browse properties in rent/buy/international categories.
3.    Save properties that catch your eye.
4.    Sell/rent your property effortlessly and quickly using easy to use posting method.
5.    User friendly interface.

You can also:
•    Search using our ‘nearby’ feature.
•    Search using ‘map’.
•    Refine your search results using price/size/location and more.

ClickTick - Exchange Opinions...Vote Secretly.

Do you have questions, queries or quandaries? On a quest for quirky quips and quotes? Need to express a quarrel, qualm, or quagmire? Maybe you just need to reach out to the world and speak your mind, either publicly or anonymously.

ClickTick was made just for you! We are the creative community where opinions matter, voices are heard, and feedback is given. Upload your ClickTicks to your social media to attract more attention and gather more votes. Make friends along the way!

Flip between posting your ClickTicks publicly or remain anonymous. We give you the option to express yourself openly or be discrete with some of your private desires. Explore with confidence knowing that your votes are always kept secret!

What does your opinion look like? Click your camera, Tick your vote.

NEXTCAR - BOOK A RIDE IN FEW TAPS

Book a ride in a tap with NextCar
Get a ride in an instant, anytime and anywhere and even enjoy your first ride for free!

Next is the next big thing in Pakistan with its free on-board wifi, variety of ride options, quick booking system,
passenger safety guarantee and seamless payment options. NextCar is born in Pakistan and its a local ride service operating from Lahore.

Create an account, select a ride, and choose your destination.
Pay seamlessly though our secure in-app payment, mobile wallet or cash payment options.

Recovery App - Uber for Roadside Assistance and Vehicle Recovery in the UAE

Never be stuck on the road again, we cover
the whole UAE. we will tow your vehicle to your favorite garage, or we can recover your car so you are back on the road in no time. Flat tire? Out of fuel? stuck somewhere? battery died? No problem!

Recovery is an on demand application that allows the customers to immediately book a recovery service using the app within just few taps. The application connects with the available service providers in the area according to user's set location.

FruVeg - On Demand Fruits and Vegetable Delivery Service

FruVeg is committed to simplifying and revolutionizing the way families and businesses have access to fresh fruits and vegetables in Dubai. Our goal is to provide a more efficient and cost-effective way to live a healthier lifestyle.

After being involved in the produce industry our entire lives as part of our family-operated business that has served as a wholesale produce distributor and retailer for over three decades, we wanted to bring the same level of readily available and affordable produce to everyone. The concept of FruVeg was born from the passion we have to lead a healthy life. By having quality fruits and vegetables delivered directly to your home or business, you are one step closer to living healthier and with less hassle.

Our main business priority is to provide customer satisfaction and this concept is incorporated in the manner in which we operate our company. Simply sign up as a member and you will have access to a wide array of produce...

Dubai Taxi - An Ondemand Taxi Booking Service

Dubai Taxi is a mobile application specially designed and developed to help the passengers to access various online services from Dubai Taxi Corporation.

The following list of the features you can enjoy with this application:

- Real time fare calculation from a given position to any destination in UAE.
- Real Time Trip tracking
- Immediate taxi booking by using phone call. Online booking and SMS booking will be added soon.
- You can access various interesting places in UAE by using the point of interest option of DTC app e.g. hospitals, schools, hotels etc etc..
- Sharing functionality with Facebook and twitter.
- Mashaweer Service
- In safe hand service

Vouchen

With Vouchen App you can:
• Browse the categories or the map for deals.
• Search the deals by Merchant, Category, Location or Keyword.
• Use filters to refine your options and find what you are looking for.
• Save money by using exclusive coupons, promo codes and vouchers.
• Redeem all the deal straight from your phone.
• View how much you’ve saved.
• Receive special offers and flash deals alerts.
• Get a relevant deal on the go, wherever you are, with our location-based alerts!
• Be up to date on all the latest from the world of food, fashion, beauty and online shopping with our daily blogs and social media channels.

iOS & Android App Dev for Home Service Company

“The owner’s close level of assistance drives me back to DeviceBee Technologies.”

Mar. 2016 -Mar. 2017

DeviceBee Technologies developed a mobile app compatible with the iOS and Android platforms. It's a home repair booking system that includes ratings and components for customers and service providers.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
CEO, IT Service Company

DeviceBee Technologies performed so well with the dual app development that they’ve replaced another vendor for a third project. They rapidly complete any changes or add-ons. The owner invests personal effort in engagements. While strongest at app dev, they have room to improve for website builds.

I'm the CEO of a professional services company. I founded this business in 2017 in the UAE.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

I contacted DeviceBee Technologies because I was having serious problems finding local providers who offered quality services at a competitive price. I wanted to create an application to give users more options for home repair and other services. They were my development partner throughout this project.

DeviceBee Technologies contributed website development services and built our mobile apps for iOS and Android.

The app has two major components: a user side and a service provider side. The user side is for customers who need professional services like home repair. Through the app, users can take a picture and write a description of whatever they need to be fixed in their house or office. Once they submit a request, all the relevant service providers registered in our system receive a message.

On the service provider side, available service providers can respond to users with a quote, giving the user several options. It also shows a star rating from past jobs. The user then hires a provider, validates that they completed the work properly, and closes the work order when finished. Afterward, the app gives users the option to provide a rating.

We worked with two app developers and one project manager.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

DeviceBee Technologies was the first team I contacted. When I interviewed them, I felt comfortable with the owner. He made sure he understood our needs and had good references for other services like video production. Since this project ended, I've decided to have DeviceBee Technologies take over everything.

I spent between $40,000–$60,000.

We started working together in the first quarter of 2016. Our app initially launched in April 2017. It took about a year to build.

DeviceBee Technologies built the entire application correctly. They were there to support us the whole time. I didn't have any problems working with their team. There were some issues with the app when it first went live, but they fixed them immediately. We've also redesigned my entire website and are getting ready to release it.

My business plan was slightly flawed. I started to pursue an initial coin offering (ICO) with cryptocurrency, which didn't work out. That delayed us about nine months, but we're getting ready to relaunch later this month. A different vendor handled that endeavor.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated every week. Whenever I called to request fixes, they took care of them quickly. There were some delays due to other demands on their plate, but everything worked properly by the time I wanted to release the app.

The project manager did a very good job. She stayed in contact with me throughout the entire long-term project. The cash flow on my end delayed the timeline. At this point, I feel confident enough with DeviceBee Technologies that I'm having them take over an app project I tasked another developer with completing.

I appreciated the owner's personal assistance and involvement in our project. Whenever we sat down together, he walked me through everything and shared his opinions about what I should do. He definitely blocked out time for me. After our discussions, he would let me make the final decision before executing on it. The owner’s close level of assistance drives me back to DeviceBee Technologies.

Maybe they could do more on the web development side, but I think they're catching on to that fact. DeviceBee Technologies is very strong in the app development. Since we started, they’ve been picking up web development quickly.

Make sure you have clear requirements prepared. Ours were vague at the beginning, but DeviceBee Technologies guided me through the entire project. Based on my experience with past developers, I recommend writing everything up in a contract. This team was more lenient about the words we had down on paper. They worked closely with us all the way through to ensure they were developing what we wanted.

Overall Score We ended up with a very good relationship. I can depend on their support. We've launched three apps together.
    We missed a couple of deadlines. They might have misunderstood my requirements, but they didn't get as delayed as other developers I've dealt with.
    Compared to every other vendor I've worked with, their costs were the most reasonable.
    They were reactive and always tried to understand my expectations on what they were supposed to deliver.
    I would do so any day.

Mobile App Dev for Oil & Gas Company

"I suggest anyone that needs mobile app development use DeviceBee because of their expertise and timeliness."

Jan. - Sept. 2015

DeviceBee Technologies designed and developed a mobile application to brief trainees on local and company-wide standards, policies, and rules, as well as enable them to easily book travel arrangements.

Basem Okasha
IT Support Manager, Schlumberger

The mobile app has enabled seamless transitions for trainees from around the globe who are traveling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the first time. DeviceBee’s team was extremely communicative throughout the process, which kept the project on time even when necessary changes occurred.

I am an IT support manager for the world’s largest oil and gas company, Schlumberger.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

We needed to develop a mobile application that would familiarize our trainees with travel information and our standards and policies.

When we first met with DeviceBee, we explained our business needs and timeline, and their general manager was actually the one to suggest a mobile application. Their team developed an app that trainees can easily download to be briefed on the policies, standards, and rules we have in place at our training centers before arriving. Additionally, the app enables trainees to book a shuttle to our training center in Dubai from, for example, Abu Dhabi.

We worked with DeviceBee’s general manager and his team of developers and programmers, who we also had direct contact with.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

We were searching the market for development agencies in the UAE and saw that DeviceBee was one of the leading mobile app design and development companies. They visited our office, showed us some of their previous work, and proposed their mobile app solution with a small demo. We were impressed with their past success and their vision for our project.

We spent approximately $15,000.

We worked with DeviceBee from January 2015 through September 2015. Even though we don’t have any ongoing projects with them, we see them as the frontrunner for any future app development work.

The application has been deployed to our company’s largest training center, which receives trainees from around the world. Especially because of it’s global reach, it used to take substantially more time to send our trainees information before they arrived at our UAE training center. We’ve saved a lot of time by emailing them the information on how to download the mobile application, which has all of the necessary information.

It’s also helped our trainees transition to and understand different UAE policies. It is most trainees’ first times in the UAE, and they are only here for a few weeks, so it could be difficult to fully grasp UAE policies, as well as our company’s standards, in that short period of time. The app has definitely helped our management in briefing the trainees, by providing them with that information ahead of time, which was our ultimate goal.

Specifically, the travel and booking aspect of the mobile app has presented us with internal cost savings. By looking at who is using the shuttle, or traveling to Dubai, we can order the correct number of meals for everyone instead of ordering bulk meals.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The most challenging part of any project is when you need to make changes and are trying to communicate those changes to the vendor so that they understand your point of view. That wasn’t the case with DeviceBee. Not only did they have efficient communication, but they also quickly understood the changes we needed and would stick to the established timeline while making them.

Their communication was extremely impressive. They replied to my emails quickly, always answered my calls, and we had direct contact with the developers and programmers through WhatsApp. They welcomed all of our questions and encouraged us to reach out. That mentality and level of responsiveness is not something that I’ve found working with other vendors. Their communication demonstrated to us that they were listening to our needs and really understood the project.

No, I had no concerns during the project, and have no negative comments looking back at it. They were excellent to work with.

I’ve recommended that several people use them for mobile app or website development, regardless of project size, because their developers and programmers are very skilled. They are constantly working and delivered the app, and any requested changes, on time. I suggest anyone that needs mobile app development use DeviceBee because of their expertise and timeliness.

Mobile App Dev for Ride Sharing Service

"I paid a premium price to get the project done, but I’m satisfied with the end result.​​​​​​"

June - Dec. 2016

DeviceBee Technologies completely developed a mobile app, parting from basic ideas and providing implementable suggestions along the way. While the work is complete, they remain the go-to partner for advice.

Pakistan
Daud Razi Rehman
Director of Solutions Development, NextCar Pvt. Ltd.

An increased number of customers is a direct result of their work. They gave access to the developers when necessary, but what truly sets them apart is their consistent follow-up, which helped the project stay on track. Taking their ideas into consideration will surely lead to successful outcomes.

I’m the director of solutions development at NextCar Pvt. Ltd. We’re a ride-sharing company based in Pakistan, similar to Uber.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

We needed someone to develop our mobile application, focusing on the Pakistan market. Other companies we worked with in the past didn’t really know what they were doing, nor understood how we wanted to proceed.

We went to them with an initial idea and they made some great suggestions that we hadn’t thought of before. They entirely developed our ride-sharing mobile app. DeviceBee Technologies has very nice people, and we’re still in touch with them. If I need advice, I turn to them.

I was in touch with the project director and the development team, who were all very collaborative. I was able to talk to the developer directly and explain technical details whenever I needed to.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

We researched several companies as we have a lot of contacts throughout the world. DeviceBee Technologies was recommended to us by two or three people who had done apps with them and spoke wonders. They also have a very good ranking on Google.

We spent $50,000.

We worked together from June to December 2016.

They were better than we expected and did a really good job. Their team was fantastic and helpful, giving us many suggestions even when it came to design. Working with them led us to more customers.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything went smoothly. They’re good at following up and would send reminders to me so that I could get requirements to them whenever I got busy. They’d also call on a weekly basis to see how things were going and if I was satisfied. I’d give them my suggestions and I’d ask them for theirs.

I tend to be the one to follow up with the people I deal with, but in this case, their follow-up was stronger. They would promise to deliver on a certain date and would do so one or two days earlier. We developed a good relationship.

We didn’t have any problems with them.

Discuss ideas with them; it’s always good to get their suggestions. Take everyone’s ideas into consideration without wanting things done only your way. A good flow of communication is very important.

They were always following up with me rather than me following up with them.
    I’ve recommended them to several people.

Mobile App Dev for Online Rental Marketplace

“They helped accomplish our goal while never giving up."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

DeviceBee designed and built a C2C/B2C online rental marketplace for both iOS and Android. Senior-level staff assisted in business model linkages to facilitate the app’s completion. They continue to provide SEO services.

Co-Founder, Rental Marketplace Company

Open to new challenges, DeviceBee accepted a complex project that other firms refused to undertake. They produced a brilliantly coded app that’s free of crashes. Users appreciate the novel idea and seamless UI. The development process was slowed by design changes and business process changes.

I’m the co-founder of an online rental marketplace company.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

We needed an app fully developed for iOS and Android that functions as a C2C and B2C platform.

They developed everything from the app to its landing page. We began the project with an initial design in mind, but DeviceBee helped plan a timeline for the entire business plan linkages. We further changed the app’s design halfway through development, and they accommodated. The final product allows Lenders to rent out their items to Borrowers. Lenders set rental prices, upload item photos, and include an item name & description. The app also features discount pricing, rent notice, and rent duration. Recently, they’ve started to assist us with SEO.

Initially, we mainly communicated with DeviceBee’s owners. Once development began, the main point of contact was our assigned project coordinator. However, the owner was available to provide expertise throughout the project. Additionally, their team consisted of a QA tester, Web Services, Front-end, iOS, and Android developers.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

There are few quality app development companies in our region. After meeting with several, DeviceBee was the only company to accept the challenge of building a B2C and C2C platform.

App development took place from November 2016 to December 2017. Our relationship with them is ongoing as they provide additional app updates and SEO services.

The app launched in December 2017 so it’s too early to have viable metrics. However, initial reactions from users have been positive. They say it’s an amazing idea that operates smoothly, as the app doesn’t experience interruptions or crashes. Overall, the app is well-developed and brilliantly organized. DeviceBee’s owners said it’s one of the most challenging apps they’ve ever built.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Slack was the main communication tool we used. It enabled us to speak to the whole team, including developers. We also used email, phone calls, and Skype. As a result, communication was done effectively. However, the process was quite slow at times from a development perspective. This was due to frequent changes in terms of business model linkages and a learning curve on both ends, as this is a new market in the region.

They're open to new challenges. My Co-Founder and I weren’t sure a company could deliver on our idea but DeviceBee made it happen. They helped accomplish our goal while never giving up. Their team is hardworking and stood by us throughout the entire development process. They were willing to change in order to accommodate us and complete the project. We learned a lot from them and vice versa.

At times, they seemed to have a lack of resources. If the project coordinator was unavailable, it was challenging to get in touch with the right person. They’re an SME taking on huge projects but to their credit, they succeed and deliver on those projects.

Don’t go into a project thinking that you know everything about your business model because not all processes translate well into code (linkages). Instead, be open to developers and experts feedback, and solidify a plan properly instead of making big changes later that will delay the entire project.

Overall Score They’ve adapted to us as clients and delivered high-level work.
    Their deadline estimates weren’t always accurate.
    Their prices are very competitive.
    We haven’t experienced crashes and the beautiful UI makes the whole process seamless.
    Knowing they can handle a project as complex as ours, I’m sure they can handle things even more complex.

Online Shopping Platform for Large Grocery Company

"They're flexible, unlike the big companies, and can do quick updates even over phone calls."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Using .NET for the backend with SQL, DeviceBee built various iOS and Android mobile apps for a grocery delivery service, including the ability to place, fulfill, and deliver orders.

IT Business Project Manager, Large Grocery Company

The project has been successful and has received good company feedback. Besides having the most competitive pricing out of the developers considered, DeviceBee is also time conscious and results focused. Their project management did have to be altered, however, and their communication could be better.

We are a retail company that has hypermarkets, supermarkets, and our own online food store. I’m a business IT project manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

As a proof of concept, we wanted to provide our customers with a home delivery service from our supermarkets. To do that, we would offer the customers two ordering channels: using a mobile application or calling over the phone.

They developed several apps for us. One was the mobile application for both iOS and Android. The other was the call center app, used by our agents to place an order on behalf of the customer while answering calls. We also have an operation app used by our store team to prepare the order and fulfill it, and an app for the delivery person. They used .NET for the backend with SQL, and we're hosting the server on Linux.

We worked with the owner, the sales team, a project manager, and four developers in iOS, Android, backend, and design.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee?

A tender was sent to nine companies around and outside the region of Dubai, including India, Pakistan, and local companies. We used many criteria to evaluate the proposals, the most important being to find a company that had already developed something like what we wanted. DeviceBee had built a mobile application called Dukaani, which is similar to what we were planning to develop. The second criterion was the price, which is fair compared to the market, and the last criterion was their local presence in the United Arab Emirates.

Their prices compared to others was very competitive.

We started working with them in April 2016.

It is a successful, ongoing project. They solve any bugs we receive. The business is happy with the delivery, and it’s in Jordan now as well.

How did DeviceBee perform from a project management standpoint?

They're good at respecting deadlines, though we faced an issue with the project management in the beginning. They then decided to dedicate one project manager just for us, and he’s also the account manager.

They're flexible, unlike the big companies, and can do quick updates even over phone calls. In the documentation, they are a bit poor because they focus on deliverables.

They're available 24/7, but they could improve their communication.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

If someone asked me about developing an e-commerce mobile app, I would tell them about DeviceBee.

App Dev & Design for Electronics Sales System

"There were good at requesting face-to-face meetings if they wanted to understand something in more detail."

June 2016 - June 2017

DeviceBee created a web and mobile sell-out management system. The platform featured sales tracking and management with the goal of improving overall sales.

Assistant Manager, Electronics Sales Company

The final product is currently in trial. DeviceBee communicated well throughout the project and even sent a programmer for 2 weeks to learn the business’ working model. They have extremely competitive prices compared to other development companies.

I am a promotion manager for a large electronics company.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

We wanted to improve our sell-out management. Our goal was to reduce manual jobs and focus more time on strategy to improve our position in the market.

They created a sell-out management system for us, which was both a website and a mobile application. Its main function is to monitor daily, monthly, and yearly sales trends, as well as manage targets and achievements.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

One of our company’s partners recommended them to us.

Around $60,000 as of now.

We worked together for a year, from June 2016 - June 2017.

The work is finished in terms of setting up the system. We are just trialing it in one country now before we expand to other countries. Because of this, we don’t have any statistics for it yet.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicated on a case-by-case basis. There were good at requesting face-to-face meetings if they wanted to understand something in more detail. We invited the programmer in Pakistan over to the UAE for 2 weeks to help him understand our manual working progress and needs.

Honestly, we selected them because of their low cost in comparison with other quotes.

Mobile App Dev for Tech Communications Company

"We’ve been working with DeviceBee for two years now because of their technical capabilities."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

DeviceBee Technologies built a GPS tracking app for iOS and Android. They defined scope and functionality, designed features, testing, and revision.

Senior Systems Engineer, Tech Communications Company

The app attracted a large number of users and received positive reviews for its functionality. DeviceBee Technologies impressed with their responsiveness, technical expertise, and extensive knowledge of location-based mobile technologies.

I’m the lead systems engineer of a kind of kinematics company that does location-based systems and GPS tracking. We also offer digital radios. Most of our clients are private security organizations that operate in different parts of the world, mostly in hostile countries. We’re in security: tracking people, knowing where they are, doing risk management. We’re based in Dubai, but we operate internationally.

What challenge were you trying to address with DeviceBee Technologies?

DeviceBee developed a GPS tracking app that’s available on the two major platforms, iOS, and Android. They also defined different features of the app.

DeviceBee developed our app from scratch, but we’re not familiar with what technologies they used. It’s a tracking app that reports to our tracking platform. We defined the scope and layouts, and we also were really involved during the development and testing stages. Our former marketing manager was really involved in choosing the layout and color scheme of the app. The engineers are more involved in testing the app and defining its scope and functionality. We requested a lot of revisions to the app.

During the initial phases of the project, we dealt with two people: the CEO and the project manager. Once the development started, we dealt with the two developers, one for Android and one for iOS. So they had five to six people on our project: two developers, three account managers, and the CEO.

How did you come to work with DeviceBee Technologies?

We met with our own developers here in the United Arab Emirates, and DeviceBee gave us some presentations. The good thing about DeviceBee is that they had already worked with location-based systems. Actually, they had developed an app for our competitors, so they had an advantage because they already knew how to deal with GPS tracking and location-based apps. That’s why our former managing director decided to go for DeviceBee. Their prices also were a consideration.

Maybe around $40,000 to $50,000.

I think we started working with DeviceBee in November 2015, and our work together is ongoing. We sometimes get enhancement requests from our client, and we pass those along to DeviceBee.

Overall the feedback for the app has been really good. We have around 400 users (iOS and Android combined). The client likes the app’s functionality and how it has helped their operation. The good thing about the app is that it’s still open for development. We’ve been working with DeviceBee for two years now because of their technical capabilities. They deliver what we ask of them. Even though they may push the timeline a little, we are still OK with having them as our developer.

Before we started the project, we defined the scope and the project proposal, and all of that was met, including the source codes which were given to us after the project. There also has been some continuous learning from their developers to teach us some of the basics.

How did DeviceBee Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

If I could rate them from 1-10, I would give them a 7. Their developers are in Pakistan, so there have been some difficulties with the timezones. The change requests sometimes get delayed because the CEO or project manager is always out of the country and it’s difficult to contact him. However, you will receive a response once he has landed. On the technical side, DeviceBee has good developers, especially on Android.

Because we just dealt with the one app, I really can't compare DeviceBee to other developers. They are really familiar with location-based services and using the location settings of the app over the mobile phone. They’re pretty experienced at that.

I would be nice to have 24/7 support as well as more points of contact. Our difficulties were with the CEO because he travels and we sometimes have a hard time getting an email response from him. It would be good to have another point of contact to help us with our emails, our concerns, and our enhancement requests to make sure they are dealt with on time.

Some of the timelines were a little pushed.
    It was great, but they had assistance from us with the development of the app.
    Because of the timeline issue.