SUPERCHARGE YOUR CREATIVE AGENCY

Our goal is to work with you as your long-term technology partner. Our client retention ratio serves as the best illustration of how invaluable our business becomes for the growth and smooth operation of companies across the globe. Working with Computan is hiring trusted advisors and top quality talent to work with you on your client accounts.

For a fixed monthly fee you can dramatically increase your agency capacity and receive the benefit of a world-class multi-national development team.

1987
Thorold, Canada
  • 3350 Merritvile Hwy
    Thorold, ON L2V4Y6

Web-Based App Development for Automotive Group

“I’ve yet to work with a developer as cost-efficient as Computan. They give us the perfect value for our money.”

Feb. 2006 - Onoging

For over a decade, Computan has provided a range of development and IT services. They created a web-based car delivery tool that tracks vehicles within the sales pipeline and now update the tool as needed.

Toronto, Canada
Istvan Toth
IT Director, Zanchin Auto Group

Computan’s dedicated work on the delivery tool secured additional projects, including domain maintenance, digital marketing consultation, and an HR site. The team takes a collaborative approach, responding quickly to issues. Though they could have stronger designers, their programmers are top-notch.

I’m the IT director at Zanchin Auto Group. With over 30 car dealerships, we’re one of the largest automotive groups in Ontario, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

When we initially engaged them, we needed a customized web-based application to run our dealerships. They helped us develop the tool and have continued to update it over the years. We’ve since expanded their role to include other IT needs—they support any programming requirements for our digital marketing and help us with our domain name inventory.

Initially, they developed a web-based car delivery system from scratch. When a dealership sells a car, we log it into the system, record the customer’s requirements, and send it through our departments. The service department receives the information before sending it to the technicians. The detailers then complete the order. Using the tool, our sales team can follow the car and update the customer on their car’s status.

The system has evolved four times over the past 10 years, gaining new features to accommodate different requirements. Computan has built and managed the tool from the start. Even today, they’re creating an admins page that lets managers perform system updates.

Beyond that, the team also handles a range of IT services, including managing our domain name between our email server and site host and advising us on digital marketing projects. Computan is currently building our human resources (HR) website. Once I compile our list of employee names and passwords, they’ll upload it into the system and launch the site.

I typically talk with Sajeel (Chief Marketing Technologist, Computan) on the phone. There’s also an email address that goes out to their staff. I’ve gone back and forth with about eight people there.

How did you come to work with Computan?

At the time, we were looking for a development firm that could provide strong support at a competitive price. I found Computan because I knew Sajeel’s father. After researching their company, I felt comfortable moving forward with them.

Their prices are very reasonable. We’ve spent close to $100,000 CAD (approximately $77,000 USD) thus far.

Their work started in February 2006 and is ongoing.

While I don’t have any hard metrics, clients give us immediate feedback when something isn’t working. In those cases, I can reach out to them at any hour for support. Their response time is great because they have resources overseas. If I give them a task in the late afternoon, they’ll finish it by the next morning.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve had no problems yet. I act as the project manager between the dealerships and Computan, translating business requirements into technical terms. If the team has a question, they schedule a conference call or send me an email for clarification.

We have a very close relationship, so I know I can reach out to them whenever. If I have an urgent matter, Sajeel will answer my calls nearly 24/7.

While their programming capabilities are strong, their design skills could improve.

Be precise with your requests because they don’t necessarily know your business. It’s unrealistic to expect them to figure out what you want. For us, they don’t know the car business, so I have to give them clear instructions.

Overall Score The fact that we’ve worked with them for over 10 years speaks volumes. They’re collaborative and willing to help us out.
    There have been a few delays on my side and theirs, but no one’s perfect.
    They’ve finished all projects on time, and they’re more than happy to make additional adjustments.

Landing Page Design for Custom Promotions Site

"I valued the ability to get what I envisioned at an affordable rate."

Feb. - Oct. 2018

Computan developed a website and customized landing pages. They adhered to pre-designed wireframes and created specific sections within the HubSpot platform.

100 Mile House, Canada
Craig Davidiuk
Owner, Ultimate Promotions

The recently launched site has garnered praise from users and is on track to help increase conversions. The Computan team was professional and well-versed in the HubSpot marketing industry. Though their project management process could be updated, they completed everything on time.

I’m the owner of a small online business of Ultimate Promotions. We sell custom promotional items.

For what projects/services did your company hire Computan?

I needed Computan to create custom templates for our HubSpot marketing system. We needed a new look and feel for the website, blog, and landing pages.

I wanted the new site to lend easily to users and conversions. The site also needed to allow me to make future updates and customizations on the landing pages without needing new code.

I found them in the HubSpot partner directory.

I provided the three wireframes for my the landing page layout. Their team then reviewed my needs and came back with a rough budget, and we settled on a reasonable retainer fee. They showed me their suggestions and began designing the site according to my specifications. From there, we built the landing pages that featured product selection, color pickers, and form integrations.

They provided a project manager who was occasionally replaced. I also worked with a team of about 15 coders and had access to a graphic designer.

The site was launched recently so results are difficult to calculate. We have received positive feedback from customers and we’re expecting to see higher conversion rates from our Google AdWords account.

Though they weren’t the best agency I’ve worked with in terms of managing information, the work was complicated and they had their own way of handling it. We primarily communicated over email, which can be time-consuming when there are long chains to sift through.

I valued the ability to get what I envisioned at an affordable rate. They were professional through the process and performed consistently. Their team knew exactly how to accomplish the complex work, but also respected my skills in the industry. Other agencies had never met my deadlines or done the project in the order I needed, so I appreciated Computan’s willingness.

It would be beneficial to use HubSpot for project management, as a HubSpot agency.

Using a ticket-based system instead of email could make scheduling easier.
    Their rates are fair and I could pay in Canadian currency.
    Their team is highly skilled and professional, and site is excellent.

Backend Development for Video Production Company

"I recomend them all the time. ... Most development services are either more expensive or lower quality."

Aug. 2015 - June 2018

Computan implemented a number of backend development projects, working with software such as Icona, Marketo, and Microsoft. They handled both the development and the design.

Dallas, Texas
David Frost
Owner, Frost Project

Thanks to Computan’s backened support, stakeholders were able to form lasting relationships with third-party clients, retaining a significant amount of business. The team went above and beyond to meet all needs. Their ability to deliver a quality product on time and on budget made them key partners.

I'm the owner of Frost Project. We supplement marketing teams and do agency work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

My clients needed backend development to streamline their web services. An refined backend would also allow them to display the marketing content that we'd created for them.

They supplemented several areas of development and design, which was often done in a similar capacity. They worked with a number of technologies, including HubSpot, Icona, Marketo, and Microsoft—whatever the industry software was, they were able to develop a backend for it. In total, they implemented about 10 projects for us.

I usually worked with three people, including a project manager and a designer.

How did you come to work with them?

I was referred to them. At the time, I was looking at several different companies. I saw that Computan would be able to deliver great results, so I chose them.

We spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We worked with them between August 2015–June 2018.

I have long-standing clients that are happy with the services I provided when I worked with Computan. We retained about $250,000 worth of business.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They oversaw all aspects of development on a day-to-day basis and kept me up-to-date. I set the goals, and they guided me through the entire process, letting me know what decisions I needed to make.

I appreciated the consistency of their response. They met or outpaced all their deadlines.

They should continue to grow so that I can use more of their services.

Start with a conversation and continue to have an open dialogue with them.

They made themselves available when needed. They met their deadlines even when I took a long time to make a decision.
    Most development services are either more expensive or lower quality.
    They were always on time.
    I recommend them all the time.

Marketing Collateral for Data Center Provider

"Computan acts as an extension of the team, going beyond the typical expectations of a third-party vendor."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Computan provides a range of digital marketing services, from designing creative assets (e.g., videos, landing pages, flyers, one-pagers) to developing an interactive sales platform.

Tampa, Florida
Blair Felter
Director of Marketing, Vxchnge

Through a dedicated partnership, Computan has proven trustworthy and talented. The team continues to update the website to reflect a more modern approach to data centers. Diligent market analysis and biannual training seminars ensure that they remain at the forefront of the digital marketing world.

I am the director of marketing for Vxchnge. We are a data center provider with 14 locations throughout the U.S. We offer interconnectivity, power, space, and anything else needed to store and house data and critical infrastructure.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

As a young company, we wanted to have our content reflect an approach that was different than our competitors who'd been in the space for a while and had fallen into repetitive traditions. We wanted to use videos and pictures to cultivate a new look and feel for colocation and data centers. Beyond designing new, eye-catching content, we also needed resources to develop an interactive platform that would accurately represent our company’s ideas.

Their responsibilities range from producing videos for our website to assisting in content creation for product development. This includes landing pages, flyers, and one-page white papers. They've also built an interactive platform for sales.

I work with two dedicated account managers and two designers.

How did you come to work with Computan?

Before working with Vxchnge, I was a branding consultant that helped smaller companies and private firms build their marketing team by outsourcing work to different companies, including Computan.

Working with them was incredible. They were a trustworthy vendor, performed on the scale of the project, and delivered on budget and within the timeline, all while offering creative insight. They acted as an extension of the marketing team. Because of that success, I've continued to take them with me to every company I've worked with.

Our base billing price is established at around $1,000 for 40 hours a month, which totals to about $24,000. The price does fluctuate slightly depending on how demanding the project phase is, but any time that they think we may go over budget, they communicate with me in advance.

Our work together began in September 2016 and is still ongoing. I plan to continue working with them while I am with Vxchnge and with any other potential future companies.

The quality of their work is impeccable. They have continuous education training twice a year to stay in front of the constant changes in the digital marketing world. This training ensures that they understand the new trends in design, layout, and landing pages, and know what will quickly catch the audience’s attention.

They're always looking for new ways to help their clients, whether it's through continuous education, market analysis, or strategic partnerships with companies that will benefit the customer.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management tool that we use enables us to easily and efficiently communicate. As a company that follows Agile project management principles, our projects move quickly, and emails can get lost. This tool has helped us keep track of our communication and project stages. There is a visual to-do list for each team, which enables us to see if a task is completed, in progress, or waiting on feedback.

We communicate daily through that tool by uploading tasks. The Computan team then informs us when they’ve begun the work, and we establish a due date. They have met their due dates almost every single time, which is impressive because we'll sometimes give them 24 hours to complete a task. They have a great project management strategy in place, communicate frequently, and are willing to put in hard work.

Computan acts as an extension of the team, going beyond the typical expectations of a third-party vendor. They produce high-quality deliverables, respond to us quickly—usually within an hour—and work with integrity. It's not common to trust a vendor as wholeheartedly as I do with Computan. They are a trustworthy extension to any team and ensure that all parties are working equally as hard to complete the project.

They are very upfront about any area of the project where they aren’t as strong or don’t have the necessary resources. That enables us to prepare our team or adjust the project to make sure that it runs smoothly. For example, they've been honest about the fact that content writing is not their strong suit and that they would need our team to provide the material. I wouldn’t count that as a downfall; rather, I appreciate that they're very transparent about their abilities and how that would affect the project. They're not afraid to ask what they need from us to be successful.

Overall Score It’s a joy to work with them. I’m thankful that we began and continue working together. They’re an extension of our team and produce great work.
    The few times that Computan hasn't met deadlines, they’ve let us know well in advance.
    For the amount we pay and the value of the work, the price is extremely fair, which allows our company to grow while still working with them.
    Their quality continues to improve every time we work with them.
    It can be a struggle to find good outsourced vendors that provide high-quality work at a great price, so I would readily recommend them to anyone.

HubSpot Development Support for Ad Agency

"They value their relationship with clients over anything else."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Computan is a long-term partner for third-party HubSpot and WordPress development projects. They’ve worked on more than 150 individual projects. Services include web page building and integration management.

San Diego, California
Adam Wiggins
Director of Marketing, Palmer Ad Agency

Their work produces high ROI and positive stakeholder feedback. Computan’s efficiency has increased over time, but the QA process still has room for improvement. The team provides exceptionally attentive service with patience and professionalism. Customers can expect competitive rates.

I’m the Director of Marketing at Palmer Ad Agency. We specialize in both traditional and digital marketing. I also manage the day-to-day at our San Diego location.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We had an in-house developer that worked on numerous projects, but our pipeline was getting backed up. Also, the quality of work for HubSpot development was lacking. We then hired Computan as an alternative partner.

We’ve completed over 100 HubSpot and WordPress development projects with them. Primarily, Computan builds webpages or stylesheets with HubSpot. If we have a complex problem, the team will be part of the strategy, and we’ll reach out to identify our options. Once we know the options, we communicate them back to the client. Our side then does the design work and hands it back to Computan for development. Additional services include minimal design work and integration management on the backend for HubSpot, WordPress, and WooCommerce.

We work with about five people on a daily basis, including dedicated developers—one on the HubSpot side and one on the WordPress side. We also work with separate account managers for WordPress and HubSpot, both of whom lead teams.

How did you come to work with Computan?

We interviewed at least six companies. I had worked with Computan at two previous agencies and made the recommendation at Palmer Agency to move forward with them. In addition to my experience, we chose Computan for two other reasons. First, their pricing was phenomenal. Second, the team could provide immediate fixes for anything that went wrong or wasn’t up to standard.

We have a retainer fee and have spent $46,000 in the last year.

We started working together in October 2017 and have over 50 projects that are currently ongoing.

Our ROI is 80 cents on the dollar. From a qualitative standpoint, our clients are always thrilled with Computan’s work. We don’t have specific metrics because clients’ results vary due to factors apart from this engagement. But overall, Computan has been completing products with greater efficiency over the last year.

We did give them design work, but eventually decided to use our internal design team. Quality wasn’t the issue; we wanted to increase our flexibility. We found that having an in-house team enabled us to meet face-to-face with the client and get better end-results quicker.

However, at times the QA process between our team and Computan would take longer than we'd expect. That’s mostly our fault because we’re trying to get multiple projects through that don’t necessarily have the timelines they should have. Things can fall through the cracks when we rush projects.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They've missed one deadline, and it wasn't for a client project. Since the team prioritizes client work over internal work, they had to deliver one day late. We have two weekly meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays to ensure everything is on track. The account managers are on those calls to walk us through project statuses; they then send updates throughout the day.

At this point in the relationship, the constant communication makes Computan feel like they’re a part of our team. We use Teamwork, but have also transitioned to using HubSpot services tools and creating tickets to send them. Computan works well with both tools. If it’s an emergency, the team is very responsive via email.

They value their relationship with clients over anything else. Honestly, we need that; whether I’m right or wrong, they treat me like I’m right. The team is patient via phone and email. They never get frustrated or exasperated, no matter how many projects are sitting there. Even when we don’t follow their process, Computan exhibits a patience and professionalism that I wish I could bring back to our agency.

The QA process is the only thing that could be better.

Do the groundwork first and get everything packaged and ready to go. Clients should build scope reports completely because Computan will complete the project faster than with information sent piecemeal. Be specific, and they’ll knock it out of the park the first time.

One missed deadline in one year should say enough that they meet their deadlines.
    We’ve never received as much value from any company in any industry as we do from them.
    No matter what we get back, it’s always at a high standard. Our clients are expanding their business with us because the quality of work has gone up.
    We always send referrals their way. Since they only work with agencies, we don’t have to worry about them working with clients.

Web Dev and Security for Digital Agency

"They executed our projects and responded to our briefs rapidly."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Computan provided a range of digital services including web development and security and content creation.

Antwerp, Belgium
Account Manager, Digital Advertising Agency

Frequent communication and a flexible work schedule made Computan an enjoyable partner. They were generous in rolling unused work hours into the next month and didn’t hesitate to dive into new projects quickly. Their in-depth brief review and ability to fix bugs helps them stand out.

I’m an account manager at a digital advertising agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Computan?

We brought them on to fill many of our clients’ needs including web development, security, and content creation.

We needed to provide a variety of services to our clients.

Our digital project manager heard good things about them. We tested a single project and then arranged a monthly fee.

Our fee entitled us to a certain number of work hours we used on several projects for different clients. Computan kept track of the hours and were flexible in transferring them from one month to another.

We worked with a project management team. Some individual projects also had multiple points of contact.

We shared briefs via Basecamp. Their management team reached out with clarifying questions if necessary and ensured everyone was on the same page.

They executed our projects and responded to our briefs rapidly. If we raised an issue, they were quick to rework the project and resolve it.

Modifying their communication from time to time would be helpful, but they handled a large time difference well. We didn’t have any collaboration problems.