Developers for Marketers

GOLD VERIFIED

Computan helps busy marketing teams with development and programming. Many times marketers have the big ideas needed to generate leads and sales but not the people to get those ideas implemented affordably and reliably. Hire Computan to get your development and design tasks done properly and professionally instead of chasing around unreliable freelance contractors or expensive agencies.

We'll become part of your time, work in your collaboration tool and be a trusted partner you can count on long term.

1987
Thorold, Canada
  • 3350 Merritvile Hwy
    Thorold, ON L2V4Y6
  • 320 Decker Dr
    Irving, TX 75062

Web Development for Digital Marketing Firm

“They do whatever they can to fit my schedule despite working from all over the world.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Computan developed several websites using WordPress and Magento for a digital marketing firm. They also have created and continue to use HubSpot templates.

Texas, United States
Co-Founder, Digital Marketing Company

The project has been successful. Each site has performed well according to Moz and Google Analytics. Computan consistently meets requirements and delivers on time. They’re flexible and work around the client’s schedule.

I work with a digital marketing firm. We work primarily with companies to capture leads and convert them into sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We hired them to develop websites.

They took the designs that we developed internally and then either through a theme or through a wireframe, completely coded that Web site.

They would be utilizing anywhere from WordPress and Magento. Also, they are utilizing and updating us from HubSpot templates that we have as well.

I worked directly with project managers and the management staff. I believe they had a team of developers and hardware system consultants working with them.

How did you come to work with Computan?

We went to a HubSpot conference in Boston and met them there and began to have a dialog. when we were smaller and needed some consistent technology partners to code for us.

We’ve spent about $30,000.

We started working together in June 2017 and we still work with them on a project-by-project basis.

We’ve been very pleased with all of their outputs. We check it using Moz and Google Analytics to make sure that we’re capturing data the way that we need to.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They consistently deliver within 5–10 days of the project's estimated completion date. Sometimes it’s a little early or a little late, but overall they deliver about on time.

I’ve utilized other providers in the past, but they were all offshore and we didn’t have a US-based presence. So I always got up at 4 am to get work done. Working with Computan, I really appreciate that now I can work on my time and my schedule. They do whatever they can to fit my schedule despite working from all over the world.

Better communication on what they’re billing for. We had a general sense of what we’re being billed for, but for maintenance for some items, I don’t get as much detail as I would like.

Continue to stay engaged with their project management ream. Do express your desires to them and keep them up to date so they understand what you’re trying to accomplish during the project.

WordPress Web Design & Dev for IoT Networking Company

"Their team was a partner and essentially became part of our team."

March 2020 - Ongoing

Computan redesigned a WordPress website to increase functionality and visibility for an IoT networking company. They built features including an interactive library and plan to implement e-commerce functions.

Dallas, Texas
Sandra Westmoreland
Head of US Marketing, Sigfox

Computan delivered a superior platform that generated positive feedback from multiple audiences and inspired partners to similarly enhance their websites. To meet the client’s needs, they expedited the project and executed continuous deployment. Their accessibility ensures a lasting partnership.

I’m the head of US marketing at Sigfox, an IoT networking company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

When I came on board, our company had an outdated website that wasn’t functional. It wasn’t visible and didn’t have visitors. One of my assignments was to create a usable and interactive website that would drive leads to our sales team.

I shared my ideas with them, and then their team came back with a quick mockup. My boss and I were blown away, so we went with it. While Computan stuck with WordPress, they completely redesigned the website and added functionalities. We have an interactive library of our devices on the platform. Their team completed phase one, but we retain them to further build out the site. In phase two, they’ll add e-commerce capabilities.

I had initial conversations with Sajeel (VP Operations) and then mostly communicated with Mohammed (Web Developer). He worked with a web developer and asked that I always copy web support.

How did you come to work with Computan?

I searched online for cost-effective web development agencies that could quickly complete the project. In their reviews on Clutch, clients said that Computan was a partner, which I liked because our team’s small. I needed to work with an agency that would work as an extension of us.

I started talking with them in January 2020 but was still under contract with another web developer. We didn’t start the project until March 2020, and our partnership's ongoing.

We’ve had a lot of traffic come through the website. I recently sent an email blast to our customers and sales representatives. Everyone loves the site, saying its significantly better than any platform we’ve had.

Our corporate office also loves the site and wants to redesign theirs to be like ours. We have another operator in Canada that wants to hire Computan based on their work for us. Before, we didn’t want anyone to see our site. Now, I’m able to pursue many more projects and link back to our website.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team’s excellent. They made changes quickly in real-time. I needed to show measurable results. COVID-19 happened soon after we started the project, so the website became everything. Their team ramped up quickly and continued to release features. They’re so flexible.

Their team was a partner and essentially became part of our team. They brought in a tool that allowed my whole team of engineers to give feedback. We just went to town on it, which made the whole project move faster. Unlike our previous partner, our team can talk with Computan directly. They listen to us.

No, we’re all over the moon happy. We couldn’t be happier.

Know what you want and know what you need. Even when I thought I did, I really didn’t. Computan helped steer us in a great direction. They’re a great partner to have.

HubSpot Migration for Advanced Enterprise Analytics Firm

"Computan’s knowledge of HubSpot was exceptional."

Jan. - May. 2020

Computan took the business’ initial design, put together several modules, and migrated the internal website from WordPress to HubSpot. The team migrated 60 pages and made them easily modifiable.

11- 50 Employees

Austin, Texas
Shannon Kearns
Head of Marketing, Riverlogic

The website that Computan migrated and developed has streamlined internal processes. The team leveraged their HubSpot expertise to make the website more user-friendly for those without development knowledge. They were a skilled and friendly partner who was committed to meeting customer expectations.

I’m the head of marketing at Riverlogic, an advanced analytics enterprise software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We wanted to move our website from WordPress to HubSpot.

Computan implemented our designs. They put together various modules that we would need based on HubSpot’s structure. They took our design and turned it into actual easy-to-edit, global and local modules on HubSpot.

The team moved 60 pages from WordPress to HubSpot, making it easy for someone like me who doesn’t know front- or backend coding to easily modify any part of the website or even create new pages.

We worked with a project manager and another teammate who oversaw everything and would occasionally respond if there was a delay with the project manager.

How did you come to work with Computan?

I met them at a HubSpot conference in Septemeber 2019 because they’re a HubSpot partner. They were appealing because their development work was relatively inexpensive.

This project lasted from January–May 2020. If our side had been a little better, the team could’ve implemented it in three months or less.

The project could’ve gone a lot faster, but we were still working on some of the actual design modifications while they were implementing, so we sometimes had to change the design part of the way through. Their working on another project for me now.

Their work has allowed me to very quickly modify content on pages. It’s also a lot easier for me to do A/B testing, test copy, and create new pages. The ease of use that I have now without the website needing complex code is great. Performance-wise, the speed of the website has also improved.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was great. Computan had us proofing every step of the way, and they communicated very clearly. We had regular calls. The cost was extremely affordable for the quality, speed, and size of the project.

Initially, our project was structured, but because I had some issues with our designers, some of the times were delayed, which was on us.

Computan’s knowledge of HubSpot was exceptional. They were able to cleanly develop on HubSpot in a way that allowed us to go in without knowing any code and create and modify website pages. The way they set things up was impressive.

Additionally, they were a really nice team that focused on customer satisfaction. Even when we had a lot of back and forth because of delays on our end, the team was always willing to help and never charged us more. They wanted to get us the best website that we could have.

My only thing, and this isn’t a big deal, is that they could’ve used project management software. They put a lot of elements in spreadsheets which was a little confusing.

Project management software makes the development process easy, so they could give their clients the option to use spreadsheets or project management tools.

Be as organized and as clear with your expectations as you can in the beginning. A lot of things seem to be implied from the client-side, but most times they’re not. You can save time by getting specific and setting clear expectations.

Development Outsourcing for Marketing Agency

“We’ve continued the relationship for more than two years because they’ve become such an invaluable resource to us.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Computan provides development outsourcing services and assists with a variety of tasks, from minor changes to complete website development. They specialize in HubSpot but have experience with several platforms.

Palm Springs, California
Owner & VP of Digital, Marketing Agency

Computan has played a critical part in helping the marketing agency to complete a range of projects and grow their client base, especially in the digital realm. They act as a true partner and are committed to the agency’s success. The solution-oriented team is receptive to changing workflows.

My organization is a marketing agency. I own the agency with my husband, and I oversee all of our digital and content work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

As we were developing websites for our clients, we increasingly needed developer skills that we didn’t have in-house. We’re also located in an area that has a bit of a weaker development talent pool.

Computan essentially serves as our in-house developers. Whenever we’re working on a web project and run into something development-related – whether it’s as small as changing a font we’re having an issue with or as big as creating an entire website built off of an illustrator design – they handle it.

We have an ongoing monthly retainer. As things come up throughout the month, we just email them directly and ask for help, and they put a team on it.

They have one centralized support email, and whoever is available picks up the task and then handles it through completion. I know they have developers all over the world.

They also have people that are more specialized in particular platforms, such as HubSpot, WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. In the rare cases where we’re working on a platform that isn’t HubSpot, they have people that are specifically skilled in that platform, and they put them on the job to help.

How did you come to work with Computan?

We’re a HubSpot partner agency, so we’re familiar with that whole network of relationships. The timing of our search for development support coincided with our becoming a HubSpot partner agency, so we were looking at solutions that were more HubSpot-focused. Computan had a booth at Inbound, and they have a great relationship with HubSpot.

We’re on a 40-hour retainer for $1,200 a month. That’s obviously less expensive than hiring someone in-house.

Our work together began in the spring of 2018. At the time we brought them on, we only had one project, but we’ve continued the relationship for more than two years because they’ve become such an invaluable resource to us.

Partnering with Computan has really given us confidence in our abilities and services in the digital space. Before working with Computan, we were obviously able to execute projects, but working with them has given us a new level of confidence in knowing that we can deliver to clients exactly what we want to, and that we're not going to be hampered by any lack of development knowledge on our side.

Over the years, we've thrown so many different kinds of things at them, and there's never been a situation where they said they couldn't do it. They always come through. We’ve had different urgent situations, such as a site going down, and they have always jumped right in and solved the problem. They really act like they're part of our company and that they want us to succeed as well. We have been able to continue to grow our client base, especially in the digital space, because of that.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s great. They’re very communicative. My team sets the pace, so at times when we’re working on more intensive projects, we set up weekly calls to check in on the status of various things they’re working on. When it’s slower, we don’t talk until we have something we need them to work on. They’re just very responsive to our needs. They’re super flexible to fit into our workflow.

Their desire to help us succeed sets them apart. I feel like they really care about doing the job for us, and they understand the client-side pressure. That’s reflected in the fact that they've never said ‘no’ or ‘I don’t know’; instead, they say that they’re on it and will look into it, and they get it done every time. Their level of caring and dedication is great.

From a project management standpoint, some more communication within their own team could be helpful. I sometimes get the feeling that they’re not all talking to each other. For instance, if one person working on a project isn’t available, we’ll have to wait for them to come back on shift. Other times, two different people will pick up a project and not realize that someone else started it. There could be a little more internal communication, but that’s not something that has had a negative effect on us; it’s just something I’ve noticed.

Be really clear about what you want. We’ve been most successful on projects when we’ve provided really specific examples and mockups, such as diagrams down to the half-inch of where we want something placed. That has made the communication easier, because in some cases, there is a language barrier.

Anytime I felt the communication was weak, I’d ask to have a call, and that solved it. The more clarity and communication that you can provide to them, the more you’ll get back.

Front & Backend Development for Inbound Marketing Agency

They help create more value for our customers.”

Sep. 2017 - Ongoing

Computan provides outsourced development services and technology consultation for a marketing agency. Their work includes completing complex development tasks as well as answering client inquiries.

11- 50 Employees

Sarasota, Florida
Gabriel Marguglio
CEO, Nextiny Marketing

Computan’s work has met the mark. The team has helped its client save time, create better products, and drive more sales. Customers can expect a knowledgeable and communicative vendor that’s responsive to a T.

I’m the CEO of a marketing agency based in Florida. We focus on healthcare, technology, and real-estate verticals. We have our own internal development and web design team. We specialize in HubSpot, so all of the websites that we do are on the HubSpot CMS.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

Initially, we needed help to complete complex development work. We didn’t want to hire a full-time staff member if we only needed them on occasion.

As our partnership grew, Computan became part of every single one of our projects and serve as a resource for our team. Whenever we have any questions, or anything technical with the development side of things when things aren’t working, they’re there to answer them. They also help with more complicated projects when we need.

We work with 2–3 people from their team.

How did you come to work with Computan?

We found them through HubSpot because they’re a HubSpot partner. They were at INBOUND one year and we met and started talking about working together. We tested them with a certain number of hours and over time the projects got bigger and bigger.

We started working together in September 2017, and our work is ongoing.

With their help, we can definitely create better websites. Our team is supported in their efforts and don’t have to waste time trying to figure out something complicated. They help create more value for our customers and at the end of the day doing bigger, better projects translates into more sales. Overall, they’ve helped our agency grow over the years.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

We use email and monday.com for project management. Now, they’re part of our project management tool and we communicate directly in the tool, which streamlines everything.

They have a team around the world so they can do things overnight if need be, and they’re very responsive. The team is great at communication and are always open to implementing new technology we suggest. They’re open to getting better over time, which we appreciate.

In the past, communication was an issue, but they’ve since improved significantly.

My advice is to have a point person on your team to manage the relationship.

Web Dev for Digital Marketing Agency

"The team was responsive and worked collaboratively to offer options."

Sept. - Oct. 2019

Computan has provided web solutions for a digital marketing firm. They've built and updated the client's website and implemented technical fixes. They recently delivered a new website with editing capabilities.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Lisa Morgan
Creative Projects Manager, Laire Digital Marketing

Computan effectively executed a site that boasts increased functionality and user-friendliness. The team was responsive and collaborative in finding solutions for the client/ They worked closely with the internal team to ensure that timelines were met. They were also great at incorporating feedback.

We are a digital marketing firm guiding businesses to reach their ideal clients, and generate leads and revenue through inbound strategy and tactics. I am the Creative Projects Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Computan?

We have worked with them on new website builds, website updates, website templates, and technical fixes.

Deliver a new website design with updated editing capabilities.

We met them at HubSpot Inbound conference and knew their work with other clients.

They developed our provided website design on the HubSpot platform. They also made updates to the website's technical capabilities, working on a custom API for an integration, and troubleshooting when updates were needed.

We had an account manager who provided estimates and introduced us to the team of developers who worked on the project. The team was responsive and worked collaboratively to offer options.

The final website was launched with increased functionality and ease of use for our client.

The development team was very responsive and worked closely with our agency team to discuss timelines and find solutions.

We had some glitches in the QA process, requiring more of our agency team. But this was discussed with the Computan team and additional standards were put in place to prevent this.

Web Design & Development for Marketing Analytics Company

“They make you a priority and really pay attention to what you need.”

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Computan designed and developed websites for an independent marketing agency. The team designs multiple iterations of the platform for both desktop and mobile, working around a core color palette and style.

Dallas, Texas
Bobby Vickers
Founder, MarketSlice

The engagement led to an increased conversion rate of 5%, compared to the industry standard of 3%. Computan produces quality results through an efficient and collaborative process. The team works to ensure customer satisfaction by setting expectations at the beginning of the project.

I am the founder of MarketSlice, an independent marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We were looking for outside help implementing design and development changes for clients.

Computan provided web design and development services for us. The team designs around a core color palette, logo, and font styles. They usually complete three design iterations for desktop, let us choose one, and design the mobile state based on what was approved for desktop view.

After the design is completed, I give them the go-ahead to implement the development stage. The team works in .NET and HubSpot to build WordPress sites from the ground up.

My main point of contact is Sajeel (VP of Operations, Computan), but I’ve been in contact with four members of their team overall.

How did you come to work with Computan?

I had worked with Computan four or five years ago. This past September, I ran into Sajeel at a marketing conference and had a renewed interest in working together, since our client base was growing. It made sense to work with them this time around.

We have spent a little over $20,000.

Our ongoing engagement with Computan began in September 2019.

We focus on conversion rates, working within a tiered model from high intent free estimate requests to contact us pages to brochure downloads. Since working with Computan, our conversion rate is over 5%, in an industry where the standard is 3%.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great. Our teams communicate mainly via email and phone calls. They gave us access to their Freedcamp dashboard to track their progress and see how things are moving along.

What I like most about Computan is they’re really efficient in the work they do. They make you a priority and really pay attention to what you need. They work with you, not just for you.

You never run into radio silence with these guys. They usually respond in under 12 hours. Computan stays on top of things.

No, everything has been great. They could be faster and cheaper but I could say that about any service.

Anytime you’re working with an outside organization, you need to clearly define the rules of the engagement before beginning. We prefer to have open access to everything our vendors are working on at any time, so that’s something I establish beforehand.

Web Dev for Digital Asset Company

"Computan was one of the most professional and accommodating companies that I’ve worked with."

May - Oct. 2019

Computan rebuilt a website on HubSpot for a software company. They restructured it to make it more SEO-friendly, redid the navigation and content, and built more custom scripts on existing custom features.

Portland, Oregon
Chris Schnacky
Global Marketing Manager, Extensis

The website saw a 68% increase in SEO friendliness and a large boost in traffic thanks to Computan’s work. The team turned out high-quality development against a tight timeline and budget. Their responsiveness and knack for problem-solving made for a smooth collaboration.

I’m the global marketing manager at Extensis. We offer software solutions that facilitate creative workflows.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We were long overdue for a rebrand and needed to rework our entire website.

Computan rebuilt our site from top to bottom: the navigation, the content, the messaging around our products, and the visuals. We host the website on Hubspot. They took the site that we had — along with its custom programming and requirements for the backend’s functionality — and went from there. It was a lot of development and custom CSS and scripting. The team didn’t use any templates.

We had two primary points of contact and an additional developer. We also had an incredible project manager who ran a very tight ship. He came to meetings and made sure we’re covering what we need to.

How did you come to work with Computan?

I actually bumped into them at a Hubspot conference two years ago, where they had a booth. At the time, I was responsible for the website and all development. Having a development team that I could contract out was something I was looking for. We tried them out for four free hours, and it went well. I pitched them the project, they did a great job, and so I kept them in mind.

We spent $25,000.

The project started in May 2019, and the launch date was in October of the same year.

We had a large increase in traffic and a 68% increase in SEO — a big focus of our content rework and the structure of the site itself. Computan did an amazing job.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They were awesome. Computan was one of the most professional and accommodating companies that I’ve worked with.

Computan’s responsiveness stood out most to me. There were a lot of quick turns on the project, as well as problems that needed to be solved very quickly. They put the right resources on the problem and met our very tight deadlines.

No, I really can’t think of anything. When I think of all the details we asked them to cover, I can’t think of one that they missed.

Be organized and know exactly what you’re trying to achieve. That will help you ensure success.

Their team members were around the world, but they were very easy to set up meetings with.
    I was pleasantly surprised by how much they got done with the budget we had.
    I’d absolutely recommend them.

IT Services for Leadership Development Company

"Their communication and general knowledge were very impressive."

Sept. 2018 - July 2019

Computan provided IT support to a leadership development company. They integrated various technologies and supported any technical issues that arose.

Austin Area
COO, Development Company

The support from Computan fulfilled the client’s needs. The work was consistently high quality and their strong skills made them a likely partner for future services. As a team, they were communicative and available, making for a smooth engagement.

I’m the COO of a company that does leadership and organization development for other companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

We hired Computan to support our backend’s IT needs.

They implemented various technologies to our company’s network, specifically doing payment hookups on our backend. Whenever problems arose, they supported us in finding and incorporating solutions. Their services were all done remotely.

I worked with Sajeel (VP of Operations, Computan)

How did you come to work with Computan?

We found them at a HubSpot conference, and they checked off the boxes we were looking for. We then had a call with Sajeel and I really enjoyed our conversation, so we decided to move forward with the project.

We worked together from September 2018–July 2019.

The quality of the work was superb. I’d absolutely hire them again for our needs.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great at communicating with us. We spoke mostly over phone calls and email.

Their communication and general knowledge were very impressive. They were incredibly easy to work with.

No, I had a great experience working with them.

I don’t have any advice because everyone would have a good experience working with Computan.

They completed what we need them to do.
    They were so professional and their solutions were the most efficient and cost-effective.

Development for Inbound Marketing Company

“Customer service is a focal point of their business, which makes it easy to work with them.”

Computan spearheads HubSpot and WordPress developments for an inbound marketing service provider. They provide ongoing development assistance to meet third-party needs as requested.

Acworth, Georgia
Chad Stamm
TMC Digital Media, Chief Content Officer, Partner

The team impressed the internal staff by delivering solutions on time without sacrificing any quality. Their team shows consistent dedication to the project and is able to act independently, without much training. Reliable, they’re direct in their communication and regularly update the client.

Our company is a HubSpot Gold partner, providing inbound marketing services for foodservice equipment companies. I’m a partner with partial ownership of the company, but I also devise and maintain strategy for all the content we create on behalf of our clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Computan?

Sometimes, it’s very difficult for agencies to be scalable with their own development teams. It can be costly and time-consuming. We decided to investigate Computan for development work instead.

To help us best serve our clients, they do both WordPress and HubSpot buildouts for us. They’ll take us from start to finish on website builds, making sure we handle development logistics that need to be addressed on a day-to-day basis. Over time, they’ve become our go-to for everything development.

We’re throwing more work at them as we get it because we fully trust them at this point. Our team is looking for any opportunity to get them more involved.

We work with a handful of their team members virtually through our project management platform. Their ownership and principle had made himself accessible to us on a weekly basis.

How did you come to work with Computan?

They were recommended to us by another agency partner.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000 so far.

We started working with them in early 2019 and are still collaborating.

Certainly, deadlines are the most important metric to us, and they’ve been able to hit all milestones. Additionally, our clients are delighted with their work.

How did Computan perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive and meet deadlines, going out of their way to help us impress our clients. I couldn’t recommend them more. My team never needed to handhold them through assignments. We can expect results. They’ve completely changed my perception of what a development partner can be.

Each week, we have a brief check-in with their principal, which was essential to our success in the beginning. Now, we’re working so closely with them that the meetings are brief, detailing urgent priorities for the coming week. They’re pretty self-sufficient in what they do.

The team is full of great communicators. They ask questions when needed, so not much redundant communication is needed.

Not only did they make solutions scaleable, but they also made it easy to deliver for our clients. Their ability and willingness to go the extra mile for us is commendable. Customer service is a focal point of their business, which makes it easy to work with them.

Nothing comes to mind.

Their team deserves a fresh approach. Don’t let past experiences with developers taint your relationship with them.

GOLD VERIFIED