Engineering your e-commerce

Codilar is a certified Magento Development Company based in Bangalore, India. We are experts in crafting beautiful and feature-rich eCommerce website.

Ecommerce is all set to take the retail sector by storm and we, at Codilar, are generating superior technologies and best practices to create a better world for the e-commerce industry.

We have an efficient team of solution specialists and designers with an eye for unmatched creativity. A force of certified Magento experts is keeping on their toes to provide feature rich Apps and Websites for your e-commerce business.

Bengaluru, India
  • Sai Manasa, 703, 30th Main Rd, BTM 2nd Stage
    Bengaluru, KA 560076

Magento Dev for Online Retailer

"Our experience was very good."

Aug. - Sept. 2019

Codilar Technologies repaired major UX issues on the frontend of an online retailer's website. They also made all the necessary changes to shift the site from http to https.

Bangalore/ India
Sweta Sinha
Creative Design Head and Director, Daddys Girl Studio Private Limited

Codilar Technologies' efforts were met with positive acclaim. The team had excellent project management skills and excelled at communication.

We are a Designer Women’s Wear Brand. Founded in 2017, we operate from Bangalore, India. I am the Creative Design Head and Director Of the company "Daddys Girl Studio Private Limited"

For what projects/services did your company hire Codilar Technologies ?

We had a Serious Problem with our official website not working properly. Checkout page was not working. Our sales stopped which was worsened further when we were unable to log in to our store Admin panel. They even shifted our website from HTTP to HTTPS (earlier our website was on htttp)

Store admin Panel shall be accessible Shift from HTTP (unsecured) to HTTPS (secured) Add to cart and checkout Page should run Smoothly

They were recommended to us by one of my Business Associates. There were 10 other possible vendors but most of them were disqualified due to inexperience or time or estimated total cost. Because the project was such a high priority, it was essential to choose a result driven partner who was equally committed to reliable customer support

They Solved our Store admin Log in issue . Earlier we were unable to log in to our admin panel as a result our all store operations stopped. They Fixed our SSL issue. Previously our whole website was developed on http. They did all the necessary changes and changed http to https. Our add to cart function on the official page was not working they even solved that

We had a stable Project Manager who was our direct and permanent point of contact. The Project team had 4-5 People.

Project completion was a major achievement for our Directors and Investors, since a major part of our sales depends on our online store. In fact, we are giving them another project for upgrading our online theme to Magento2. Now we are ready to launch our business online.

Compared to other Vendors (previous vendors), Project management was very impressive. Their team regularly complied with deadlines and always communicated delays well ahead. In fact the co-founder of the company MR.Mahaveer Devabalan took his time out and looked over our project personally when I requested him to give some suggestion on some issues even when it could have been handled by his team.

Clients have direct access to both project manager and the wider team behind them. Solution to the issues were delivered on time, making time and money both worthy. They kept lines of communication completely open making the communication of technical things easy.

In our case we didn't found any loop holes. Our experience was very good.

Overall Score Keep up the good work.
    It was good.
    It was cost effective Project. Saved our Time and Money both
    The quality of work if very good. this is quality of work what as a customer we want from our Developers
    our experience with the company was good. Will definitely recommend it to a friend

Magento Engine Plugin for Sales Augmentation Platform

"Codilar has a very structured project management process..."

Jan. - Jun. 2018

Codilar Technologies scoped, developed, configured, and launch a Magento plugin that offers recommendations to users. Working with several technologies, they delivered valuable functionality to the AI platform.

Sriram P H
Co-Founder & CEO, Sociograph Solutions Private Limited (Dave.AI)

Internal stakeholders were pleased with the new revenue channel opened up by Codilar Technologies plugin. Codilar approached the project professionally and maintained constant availability to handle any surprises. Customers can expect timely updates.

Dave.AI - Artificial Intelligence platform for Sales Augmentation. CEO

For what projects/services did your company hire Codilar Technologies ?

Build a recommendation plugin for Magento

Launch a plugin for AI-powered recommendations for Magento websites.

Based on recommendation from one of our existing partners, who had leveraged Codilar's services

1. Solution Understanding & Scoping for Plugin development
  2. Configuration of Dave.AI platform to adapt to Magento
  3. Creation of a Magento Module for Dave.AI
  4. Testing and QA Setup and Install the plugin
  5. Support for Magento platform-related queries from users.

Senior Magento Certified Developer, Junior PHP Developer, Database administrator, Java developer

Build and launch an extension for Magento, thus creating a new channel of revenue for us.

Codilar has a very structured project management process, from scoping to project implementation that includes regular reviews, proactive updates, and ensuring relevant stakeholders are available in case of dependencies.

Professional Approach toward achieving project goals. Proactive suggestions to improve/correct the scope for optimal results.

Nothing specific

Overall Score Highly Recommended Vendor
    Very professional.
    Competitive
    The outcome of the project was well beyond what was expected.
    I have already referred Codilar to known prospects

E-Commerce Development for Online Supermarket

"They were all over the deadlines and communication was splendid."

Aug. 2018 - Apr. 2019

Codilar Technologies developed an e-commerce site for an online grocery supermarket. They were responsible for front- and backend development.

Male' City, Maldives
Fraath Mohamed
Chief Executive Officer, Laniakea Trade

The site is well designed and functions properly. Codilar Technologies exceeded expectations. Their team is communicative and responsive, establishing a smooth workflow between teams.

Owned and Managed by Laniakea Trade- prominent wholesale and retail company in the Maldives. Eat.mv is the online grocery supermarket which is changing the way Maldivians do grocery shopping forever. From groceries to fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh meat and beverages, we deliver it all to your doorstep, quickly and reliably. Just select and throw what you want into a virtual basket to enjoy convenient and hassle-free shopping and doorstep delivery.

For what projects/services did your company hire Codilar Technologies?

To build and deliver the first and only E-Grocery supermarket in the Maldives.

While we wanted to venture and be the ultimate solution for groceries, we were a bit sketchy on the schematics of such a project. Codilar had the experience we were looking for and presented us with a brilliant scope that we were very happy with. Their presentation included how we could jump-start E-groceries in the Maldives.

While as a team, we did have knowledge of Magento our tech team lacked the experience of going into such a big project. We visited Bangalore scouting some of the most experienced firms in the city. We were deeply impressed by their portfolio as well as Ms Shambavi who was overall in-charge of us as a client. It was a no brainer for myself as the CEO as well as our Tech Team.

We showed them our vision and we asked them to construct and engineer an E-grocery supermarket beginning from zero. We were given a scope of work, the number of hours and what sort of experienced were to be used. Once agreed, a very solid timeline was given. Both sides arranged meetings on a regular basis and come up with a brilliant result that has given us EAT.MV

While Shambavi was a big reason why we went with Codilar, She was the one who arranged the brilliant team for us. Our project manager was Mr. Shrinidhi, along with two coders, one tester and so on. I personally deal with Shrinidhi on a daily basis alongside the brilliant coder Shanthanu.

Our vision of Eat.mv was delivered in style. While I handled the stress of a deadline to our board alongside the Codilar team, it was a major accomplishment for us to and launch such a platform in the Maldives. Such a project is the reason why we work with them to this day. While it was a speedy development process, our manpower has reduced overtime and we are able to do this on a daily basis due to this platform while spearheading the E-grocery business in the Maldives.

Project Management was the Key here. Shrinidhi!! Shrinidhi!! Shrinidhi!! They were all over the deadlines and communication was splendid. He always made sure the process was smooth. He was the heart of the entire project. Kudos!

Communication was key. There are times when I sent out my first text to their team while my last text was to them as well. Together we made this project our life. Few key people made it seem like we were working with a team of 10 and there is nothing more impressive than delivering a project on time and exceeding clients' expectations.

Very Little to improve! But this goes out to the top-level management! No matter if it’s the project lead or Business head. Keep them till a project could be closed at any cost! Picking up the slack for someone else could be a bit bothersome. Anyhow they have shown splendid professionalism!

Overall Score Pleasure doing business with you guys!
    This was all down to Shrinidhi and Shanthanu! Their Scheduling and our communication between the teams helped immensely.
    We still believe the cost could be reduced with efficiency and better time management!
    Splendid work! Scope of work delivered to the core!
    We easily would.

Magento Dev for B2B Employee Engagement

"From top to bottom, Codilar offers the trust that any partnership needs."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Using Magento, Codilar Technologies has developed a basic employee engagement platform. They analyzed and fixed an existing backend, designed the frontend, and currently perform monthly maintenance.

Siddhangana Karmakar
Founder, BrandLorry

Users appreciate the platform's user-friendly layout and reliable, bug-free performance. Codilar Technologies offers meticulous, creative development solutions on a flexible schedule. Their stellar management team understands and advocates for client needs.

BrandLorry is a B2B startup that provides a platform where our customers can buy products. The platform is used for employee engagement within the company. We are a small team and Codilar Technologies is our technology partner for anything on the platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar Technologies?

Our platform needed to be built from scratch. I had worked with other non-Magento developers. I was actively looking for somebody in Bangalore who was experienced in Magento and had a team to support them.

I had developed a basic platform and wasn’t happy with the partner I had before hiring Codilar. Codilar took over building the platform and are still supporting it while it is running in some of the companies.

They ran a complete analysis of the entire backend to identify mistakes and gaps. We started from there. They did the development and the design for the entire frontend of the Magento store. I chose a specific team and suggested some changes. They gave their own feedback while designing the website.

The platform still has basic features. The next big development is the optimization of my invoicing system. The one currently online with the Magento platform is no longer applicable, since doesn't create invoices.

Right now, my website is live. They support it and make sure there are no issues on the site. If any changes need to be made on the server level, their team handles them efficiently. Whenever I need enhancements on the payment gateway, the server, or the frontend, I always go back to them and receive a good estimate that I can afford.

My point of contact is an account manager. She generally sends all my work to the tech team. Sometimes I speak directly with them if we think that a gap is coming. We have another backup person for account management.

How did you come to work with Codilar Technologies?

I came across 3-4 Magento experts in a Google search, spoke with each of them, and searched for their past customers. Codilar Technologies was the most convenient to talk to and was open to exploring the business with me. I was at a very early stage and didn’t have a single customer.

Although he knew that he might not get much business from me, he found my idea unique and was open to exploration. He wanted to be a partner and see where it went.

$3,000.

We started working together in March 2017 and the work is ongoing.

None of my customers have ever had an issue with the site’s usability, responsiveness, or accessibility. We spent a long time testing the website, which paid off. We’ve never had any complaints about its frontend.

How did Codilar Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m very happy with them. The account manager is very efficient; she understands me and the challenges that my company faces. I’m very happy.

The biggest thing that I continually appreciate about Codilar is their brilliant account management team. I don’t have to talk to techies every day. From past experience, I know it’s a challenge when the business and tech side start to interact because they have their own priorities. The account management team understands me, and I feel like they’re on my side.

We communicate through email and WhatsApp. If they need greater detail, we get on the phone and discuss it.

I’ve tried this before and closed the business because I didn’t have the right tech partner. They wouldn’t stick with me through the early startup stages.

With Codilar, I don’t need to worry about closing because they’re very flexible and willing to wait for my company to grow. I always make sure that I’m billed for every minute I use. Sometimes I don’t even look at what they’re charging me because I trust them. From top to bottom, Codilar offers the trust that any partnership needs.

I just launched my product for the long term in a multi-national company, and I haven’t had any issues or complaints. I’m happy with the support they’ve given me over the last few months. They survive and continue their partnership with me no matter the market conditions.

Magento Dev & Maintenance for Jewelry Business

“They went out of their way to establish a long-term relationship.”

Nov. - Dec. 2016

Codilar completely developed a magneto e-commerce platform while advising the design aspects as well. Functionalities include a return and refund module, product sorting, and push notifications.

Founder, Jewelry Platform

Experts in Magneto development, Codilar developed a successful website that’s user-friendly. They work to continually improve the product and often solve issues before negatively impacting the user experience. Offering valuable management advice, they act as partners and are always responsive.

I’m the founder of a jewelry manufacturing and retail company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar Technologies?

We wanted to establish a Magento e-commerce platform and needed outside help.

My husband and I designed the architecture of the website. We provided wireframes to Codilar and they’d send us back suggestions. They were mostly involved in developing the platform’s functionalities like product sorting, price, and a return and refund module. Additional features include push notifications, SMS and text messaging, auto-confirmations, and data management. The website launched and they perform ongoing maintenance. To maximize website traffic, they send a list bugs on a weekly basis and address them. Further improvements are developed as needed.

We worked directly with a five-person team. 2–3 people filled project management roles and the rest were developers. In total, they have a 25–30 person team dedicated to building on Magento.

How did you come to work with Codilar Technologies?

I had meetings with about six vendors I found online. Codilar was the most responsive and they quickly understood the project, so we moved forward with them.

We’ve spent less than $10,000.

The platform development took place from November–December 2016. The maintenance and support work is ongoing.

The new site is easy to navigate and use. As a result, people spend a significant amount of time browsing our products.

How did Codilar Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Codilar is very dynamic and they really care how well we perform. They proactively suggest improvements and update us on industry trends. We used Trello but emailed more frequently as that’s my preference. If there was an urgent requirement, the developers were always available; even on Sundays. They went out of their way to establish a long-term relationship.

They’re extremely responsive and clued into what other e-commerce platforms are doing. Their QA tests identify issues before customers experience them. Proficient in Magento, they offer valuable counsel regarding project scope.

No. I don’t have any recommendations.

Magento Dev for Beauty Services Platform

"If there’s an e-Commerce project, I don’t know of a better company to handle it."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Codilar completed an e-commerce website and is building native apps for iOS and Android. They collaborated on design and built the entire Magento platform,  customizing APIs for additional functionalities.

United Arab Emirates
CEO, Beauty Services Platform

Their deliverables earned positive business and tech feedback and are a great value. They’re so well-versed in Magento that they can customize it for almost any project. Their client-first attitude, organized project management, and direct access to developers make for a positive relationship.

I’m the co-founder of an online booking platform for salons and spas in the United Arab Emirates. Our users can discover salons and book appointments online. On the salon side, we provide a dashboard where vendors can access, check, and cancel bookings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar?

We needed help with all the technology to build our online app.

They built our website as well as our Android and iOS apps, which are native. Half of the design was our input and half was theirs. They offered their insight on the wireframes we provided and we combined everything in the end.

Because they are primarily experts at Magento development, we used that platform. We had a lot of functionality that normally doesn’t come with Magento, but Codilar built custom APIs. They completely customized the entire platform.

How did you come to work with Codilar?

Through a referral.

We started working together in the beginning of 2016 and the work is ongoing. The website is complete but we haven’t launched the apps yet.

There’s been positive feedback from both the business and the technology sides, but more so from the business side.

How did Codilar perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is organized and the structure is good. We use Trello and Slack to constantly monitor bugs and be on top of issues. We use email sometimes.

Most of the companies I’ve worked with have one point of contact as the bridge between the technical developers and me, the client. With Codilar, I was initially in communication with a salesperson, but then they connected me to the developer directly once I was comfortable working with them. I’m able to contact the people who are actually doing the coding. I don’t see the value of a team member who merely takes the information and passes it on.

They really put the client first. I’ve worked with a lot of development companies and 8 out of 10 times it’s a bad experience. With Codilar, it’s been absolutely fine because they take care of anything that’s causing an issue.

On the technical side, they’re really great with Magento. If there’s an e-Commerce project, I don’t know of a better company to handle it. In hindsight, Magento was probably not the right platform for what we do, but they are really good at how they handle it. They can truly customize it for any requirement. That was pretty impressive.

Even performance-wise, they’re good. They can pretty much optimize the load times to a minimum. All the customization caused some performance and speed issues, but they took care of it and made it much better.

I don’t really have complaints with them.

If it were a straightforward Magento project, I’m sure they’d be on schedule. Our platform was very customized, so it got delayed a little bit.
    They cost less than most of the companies we talked to. When we see what they developed, it’s definitely a value for the money.
    It’s good, quality work. It’s high performance. If something is challenging, it may take a bit longer than usual, but they let you know.
    If someone is looking to build an e-commerce platform, I would recommend them.

E-Commerce Website for Video Production Startup

“They’re a brilliant team.”

June - Oct. 2016

Codilar built a custom Magento website that featured merchandise for a short film.

Bengaluru, India
Manu Srikumar
Co-Founder, denture Capital

Codilar delivered a well-designed website on time and within the budget. The team was proactive, helpful, and organized.

denture Capital creates rebelliously endearing video content for audiences.

For what projects/services did your company hire Codilar Technologies?

We made a film about starting up our company called Made With Passion in BLR and wanted a custom website for it.

We wanted to have a website with a great design and simple functionality, all done in a premium way.

They were recommended by other businesses.

They created a Magento website where we could sell merchandise like T-shirts.

We worked with one developer and one account manager.

The website was delivered on time. They also provided constant support to ensure it worked well.

How effective was the project management?

It was very effective.

The company did their best to ensure we had a good product.

Overall Score They’re a brilliant team.
    It was very good.
    The costing was good.
    They delivered excellent work quickly.
    I always refer them.