engineering your e-commerce

Codilar is a certified Magento Development Company based in Bangalore, India. We are experts in crafting beautiful and feature-rich eCommerce website. Ecommerce is all set to take the retail sector by storm and we, at Codilar, are generating superior technologies and best practices to create a better world for the e-commerce industry. We have an efficient team of solution specialists and designers with an eye for unmatched creativity.

A force of certified Magento experts is keeping on their toes to provide feature rich Apps and Websites for your e-commerce business.

Bengaluru, India
  • Sai Manasa, 703, 30th Main Rd, BTM 2nd Stage
    Bengaluru, KA 560076

Magento Dev for B2B Employee Engagement

"From top to bottom, Codilar offers the trust that any partnership needs."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Using Magento, Codilar Technologies has developed a basic employee engagement platform. They analyzed and fixed an existing backend, designed the frontend, and currently perform monthly maintenance.

Bangalore, India
Siddhangana Karmakar
Founder, BrandLorry

Users appreciate the platform's user-friendly layout and reliable, bug-free performance. Codilar Technologies offers meticulous, creative development solutions on a flexible schedule. Their stellar management team understands and advocates for client needs.

BrandLorry is a B2B startup that provides a platform where our customers can buy products. The platform is used for employee engagement within the company. We are a small team and Codilar Technologies is our technology partner for anything on the platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar Technologies?

Our platform needed to be built from scratch. I had worked with other non-Magento developers. I was actively looking for somebody in Bangalore who was experienced in Magento and had a team to support them.

I had developed a basic platform and wasn’t happy with the partner I had before hiring Codilar. Codilar took over building the platform and are still supporting it while it is running in some of the companies.

They ran a complete analysis of the entire backend to identify mistakes and gaps. We started from there. They did the development and the design for the entire frontend of the Magento store. I chose a specific team and suggested some changes. They gave their own feedback while designing the website.

The platform still has basic features. The next big development is the optimization of my invoicing system. The one currently online with the Magento platform is no longer applicable, since doesn't create invoices.

Right now, my website is live. They support it and make sure there are no issues on the site. If any changes need to be made on the server level, their team handles them efficiently. Whenever I need enhancements on the payment gateway, the server, or the frontend, I always go back to them and receive a good estimate that I can afford.

My point of contact is an account manager. She generally sends all my work to the tech team. Sometimes I speak directly with them if we think that a gap is coming. We have another backup person for account management.

How did you come to work with Codilar Technologies?

I came across 3-4 Magento experts in a Google search, spoke with each of them, and searched for their past customers. Codilar Technologies was the most convenient to talk to and was open to exploring the business with me. I was at a very early stage and didn’t have a single customer.

Although he knew that he might not get much business from me, he found my idea unique and was open to exploration. He wanted to be a partner and see where it went.

$3,000.

We started working together in March 2017 and the work is ongoing.

None of my customers have ever had an issue with the site’s usability, responsiveness, or accessibility. We spent a long time testing the website, which paid off. We’ve never had any complaints about its frontend.

How did Codilar Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m very happy with them. The account manager is very efficient; she understands me and the challenges that my company faces. I’m very happy.

The biggest thing that I continually appreciate about Codilar is their brilliant account management team. I don’t have to talk to techies every day. From past experience, I know it’s a challenge when the business and tech side start to interact because they have their own priorities. The account management team understands me, and I feel like they’re on my side.

We communicate through email and WhatsApp. If they need greater detail, we get on the phone and discuss it.

I’ve tried this before and closed the business because I didn’t have the right tech partner. They wouldn’t stick with me through the early startup stages.

With Codilar, I don’t need to worry about closing because they’re very flexible and willing to wait for my company to grow. I always make sure that I’m billed for every minute I use. Sometimes I don’t even look at what they’re charging me because I trust them. From top to bottom, Codilar offers the trust that any partnership needs.

I just launched my product for the long term in a multi-national company, and I haven’t had any issues or complaints. I’m happy with the support they’ve given me over the last few months. They survive and continue their partnership with me no matter the market conditions.

Magento Dev & Maintenance for Jewelry Business

“They went out of their way to establish a long-term relationship.”

Nov. - Dec. 2016

Codilar completely developed a magneto e-commerce platform while advising the design aspects as well. Functionalities include a return and refund module, product sorting, and push notifications.

Bangalore, India
Founder, Jewelry Platform

Experts in Magneto development, Codilar developed a successful website that’s user-friendly. They work to continually improve the product and often solve issues before negatively impacting the user experience. Offering valuable management advice, they act as partners and are always responsive.

I’m the founder of a jewelry manufacturing and retail company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar Technologies?

We wanted to establish a Magento e-commerce platform and needed outside help.

My husband and I designed the architecture of the website. We provided wireframes to Codilar and they’d send us back suggestions. They were mostly involved in developing the platform’s functionalities like product sorting, price, and a return and refund module. Additional features include push notifications, SMS and text messaging, auto-confirmations, and data management. The website launched and they perform ongoing maintenance. To maximize website traffic, they send a list bugs on a weekly basis and address them. Further improvements are developed as needed.

We worked directly with a five-person team. 2–3 people filled project management roles and the rest were developers. In total, they have a 25–30 person team dedicated to building on Magento.

How did you come to work with Codilar Technologies?

I had meetings with about six vendors I found online. Codilar was the most responsive and they quickly understood the project, so we moved forward with them.

We’ve spent less than $10,000.

The platform development took place from November–December 2016. The maintenance and support work is ongoing.

The new site is easy to navigate and use. As a result, people spend a significant amount of time browsing our products.

How did Codilar Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Codilar is very dynamic and they really care how well we perform. They proactively suggest improvements and update us on industry trends. We used Trello but emailed more frequently as that’s my preference. If there was an urgent requirement, the developers were always available; even on Sundays. They went out of their way to establish a long-term relationship.

They’re extremely responsive and clued into what other e-commerce platforms are doing. Their QA tests identify issues before customers experience them. Proficient in Magento, they offer valuable counsel regarding project scope.

No. I don’t have any recommendations.

Magento Dev for Beauty Services Platform

"If there’s an e-Commerce project, I don’t know of a better company to handle it."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Codilar completed an e-commerce website and is building native apps for iOS and Android. They collaborated on design and built the entire Magento platform,  customizing APIs for additional functionalities.

United Arab Emirates
CEO, Beauty Services Platform

Their deliverables earned positive business and tech feedback and are a great value. They’re so well-versed in Magento that they can customize it for almost any project. Their client-first attitude, organized project management, and direct access to developers make for a positive relationship.

I’m the co-founder of an online booking platform for salons and spas in the United Arab Emirates. Our users can discover salons and book appointments online. On the salon side, we provide a dashboard where vendors can access, check, and cancel bookings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Codilar?

We needed help with all the technology to build our online app.

They built our website as well as our Android and iOS apps, which are native. Half of the design was our input and half was theirs. They offered their insight on the wireframes we provided and we combined everything in the end.

Because they are primarily experts at Magento development, we used that platform. We had a lot of functionality that normally doesn’t come with Magento, but Codilar built custom APIs. They completely customized the entire platform.

How did you come to work with Codilar?

Through a referral.

We started working together in the beginning of 2016 and the work is ongoing. The website is complete but we haven’t launched the apps yet.

There’s been positive feedback from both the business and the technology sides, but more so from the business side.

How did Codilar perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is organized and the structure is good. We use Trello and Slack to constantly monitor bugs and be on top of issues. We use email sometimes.

Most of the companies I’ve worked with have one point of contact as the bridge between the technical developers and me, the client. With Codilar, I was initially in communication with a salesperson, but then they connected me to the developer directly once I was comfortable working with them. I’m able to contact the people who are actually doing the coding. I don’t see the value of a team member who merely takes the information and passes it on.

They really put the client first. I’ve worked with a lot of development companies and 8 out of 10 times it’s a bad experience. With Codilar, it’s been absolutely fine because they take care of anything that’s causing an issue.

On the technical side, they’re really great with Magento. If there’s an e-Commerce project, I don’t know of a better company to handle it. In hindsight, Magento was probably not the right platform for what we do, but they are really good at how they handle it. They can truly customize it for any requirement. That was pretty impressive.

Even performance-wise, they’re good. They can pretty much optimize the load times to a minimum. All the customization caused some performance and speed issues, but they took care of it and made it much better.

I don’t really have complaints with them.

If it were a straightforward Magento project, I’m sure they’d be on schedule. Our platform was very customized, so it got delayed a little bit.
    They cost less than most of the companies we talked to. When we see what they developed, it’s definitely a value for the money.
    It’s good, quality work. It’s high performance. If something is challenging, it may take a bit longer than usual, but they let you know.
    If someone is looking to build an e-commerce platform, I would recommend them.

E-Commerce Website for Video Production Startup

“They’re a brilliant team.”

June - Oct. 2016

Codilar built a custom Magento website that featured merchandise for a short film.

Bengaluru, India
Manu Srikumar
Co-Founder, denture Capital

Codilar delivered a well-designed website on time and within the budget. The team was proactive, helpful, and organized.

denture Capital creates rebelliously endearing video content for audiences.

For what projects/services did your company hire Codilar Technologies?

We made a film about starting up our company called Made With Passion in BLR and wanted a custom website for it.

We wanted to have a website with a great design and simple functionality, all done in a premium way.

They were recommended by other businesses.

They created a Magento website where we could sell merchandise like T-shirts.

We worked with one developer and one account manager.

The website was delivered on time. They also provided constant support to ensure it worked well.

How effective was the project management?

It was very effective.

The company did their best to ensure we had a good product.

Overall Score They’re a brilliant team.
    It was very good.
    The costing was good.
    They delivered excellent work quickly.
    I always refer them.