Web Design, Web Development and Internet Marketing

Clap Creative is your next door tech firm in Los Angeles offering full-range web services under one roof. An experience team of web professionals works to create custom internet solutions to meet your business goals. And when we say partners, we mean it!

Over the years, we have met the most discerning demands of our clients with an impeccable track record of services. That statement alone shows our commitment to our professional relationships. We believe in delivering value to our client’s customers and that makes us stand apart from other web solutions providers in LA. Whether internet marketing services or web development, our aim is to deliver quality. Period!

Thousand Oaks, CA
  • Clap Creative
    149 McAfee Ct
    Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
    323.863.2896

Web Development for Military Marketplace Startup

"We can say that we are a true marketplace dedicated for military entrepreneurs that is secure and scalable. No one else has done that before."

Clap Creative took over a struggling startup online marketplace after two previous developers failed. They completed building a secure and scalable marketplace and are shifting focus to marketing the concept.

San Diego Metro Area
CEO, Military Marketplace Startup

Clap Creative provides fair value and has honesty and integrity. Their CEO is extremely responsive and helpful with ideas to improve the platform. They helped the startup stay in business and grow their idea.

I'm the CEO of an online marketplace called Patriotic Online Marketplace, https://PompUSA.org. We are a dedicated marketplace for the military community to sell their goods to the public. All of our vendors are Active, Reserve or National Guard Service Members, Veterans or their immediate family members.

We sell a huge variety of items that have mass appeal. I want to help the military community start their eCommerce store without listing fees or membership fees.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clap Creative?

They are building the technology behind the marketplace. They are responsible for all web development and the construction of the website.

The technology behind the site is very difficult. We are a software-as-a-service at our core. We are just a startup but we are similar to Shopify, Amazon or eBay. The technology behind those companies is expensive but it's becoming cheaper. Small startups like myself can now develop similar technology.

I worked with two other developers in the past that couldn't execute. I then searched for other developers and hired Clap Creative.

They also work on a little bit of SEO. They provide some ideas and consulting. Their CEO is very responsive. We often talk and bounce around ideas. I've had bad experiences with developers. As a group, they overpromise and under-deliver.

I was scammed by my first developer and the second wasn't good. Working with Clap Creative, we mostly focus on function but also design. We are switching gears to more marketing.

The core of the website is functional and works. We are pushing updates today. We are starting to get some sales and looking at analytics and marketing now.

They had to take over other developers' code. It was a problem looking back. I was ripped off for $12,000 by a scammer developer first. The second developer also had problems after charging me $80,000. My website wasn't very good after his work.

Clap Creative works with several external organizations to extend our tool and make sure the different tie-ins work properly together.

How did you come to work with Clap Creative?

I found them online. I discovered their website when we were in a really bad situation. I just returned from two combat tours in the Middle East. We were transitioning away from the developer that cheated us. We were ready to call it quits in August 2016. We decided to give it one more shot with Clap Creative.

I did a ton of due diligence after I got scammed the first time. I still chose the wrong person for my second developer. Since I was so cautious, I talked to Clap Creative three times before hiring them for a small project. I then was confident enough to get rid of my second developer and go with Clap Creative exclusively.

How much have you invested with Clap Creative?

Initially, it was $3,200 per month. There were some months early when I doubled that budget. It's now at $800 per month for maintenance work. I would say it probably has averaged about $4,000 per month for the past twelve months.

It is ongoing. We initially started in August 2016. They really didn't take over until September 2016. From there, our work is based on my budget. We can only invest so much every month. We worked with them on a monthly plan that allowed for a different budget every month.

I was very involved with the work in the early days. I would send them changes for the website two to three times per month. We were able to fix all the bigger problems at that time.

We are now in the marketplace and getting some sales. We are past the initial launch stage.

I'm pretty satisfied because I know what I'm going to get and they are responsive. I have learned to handle bad news. Other developers aren't responsive and will do whatever they want to do.

Overall, I like my relationship with Clap Creative. I think I'm getting what I'm paying for so it's a fair value. It's a fair and honest relationship.

Our customers have provided positive feedback on the website. We heard from one that we have the simplicity of Etsy with the function of a solid website. The more that I learn about the technology, the more exciting it becomes. I continue to be more impressed with what we've done together.

There have been dozens of others that have tried to do military community marketplaces. All of them have failed miserably because they do it in a directory format or on a cheap Wordpress website. Those startups all failed.

Our strategy was to build the right foundation. We took our time to build a solid platform. We are now building our network. Most of our customers are satisfied with our service. We are rarely down for maintenance. We can say that we are a true marketplace dedicated for military entrepreneurs that is secure and scalable. No one else has done that before.

How did Clap Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They only work a few hours away from me. That was another reason that I chose them. I am stationed at a base in the middle of the Mojave desert. We are about three hours from Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas. They are near San Diego so we've met for coffee to discuss the project.

We generally communicate by email. If it's high priority, I just call the CEO. He always picks up the phone even though he travels a lot and keeps odd hours. I can call him at 2 PM or 2 AM, he always picks up the phone. He said I can call him anytime. He is responsive.

What distinguishes Clap Creative from other providers?

The main thing is really their responsiveness and how they are fair. We get what we pay for, this is unusual in this industry. I don't know why this is. I like how their CEO acts as a project manager. He is fair and honest and he cares. He can speak in my language and doesn't use technical speak.”

Is there anything Clap Creative could have improved or done differently?

I think our admin panel on Magento is an issue. I wish they would teach us how to update this panel. My team or I could figure it out if we were trained. I'm sure we could do it ourselves if he taught us. We would like to avoid paying developers to update these basic things.

Also, I've allowed some bad habits to creep into the project. This is mostly my fault. The project management has become very casual. I am trying to right the ship currently. I was surprised by the current update. I told them to do it at 2 AM EST but I was unaware that it was pushed during the day.

There are some improvements that could be made around telling me when something will be finished. We almost have a friendship now. I've allowed the relationship to change so I don't want to blame them. It's largely my fault.

Overall Score They are honest and have integrity.
    It has taken longer than I thought. I expected it would take less than one year to go live.
    It is definitely a five.
    You can't give all fives.
    If I didn't like them, I would have fired them by now.

Web Dev and SEO for Online Tutoring Company

"The website that Clap Creative developed automatically made us into a more sophisticated company."

June - Oct. 2016

Clap Creative developed a website for an online tutoring service that allows tutors to create a calendar detailing their availability and allows tutees to schedule sessions. They also provided SEO services.

Washington, DC Metro Area
Kevin Fleishman
Founder, Outcome Tutoring

Clap Creative was commended for their great communication throughout the project, and their ability to stick with project timelines.

I'm creating a website for my company, Outcome Tutoring. We created a software and website in which we can add tutors who can then, on their own, adjust their own hours and availability, and in turn, let users book online.

I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Clap Creative?

The goal was to create a better process that was more direct and more convenient for booking a tutor while allowing students to see tutors and ratings as well. It’s also for tutors to be able to have control of their own availability. We figured out what we wanted on our original site, but we've been using a basic starter page. Clap Creative did a complete upgrade and added all the features we needed to make it good for a small business.

Clap Creative was responsible for the creation of the site and translating what we then wireframed to a complete functioning website that we can use to have tutors to operate fully. They did SEO [search engine optimization] as well, which had great results.

How did you come to work with Clap Creative?

I actually found them on Clutch, and I thought I had to return the favor with a review.

How much have you invested with Clap Creative?

It cost $15,000.

The project ran from Mid-June 2016 to October 2016.

The website that Clap Creative developed automatically made us into a more sophisticated company. We were initially just completely bare bones, all hustle, and all grind. Now we have a complete, functioning website. Because of that level of sophistication, we also have a lot more viewership of our site and more bookings. With bare bones, people won't trust your company as much. Now that we have a way to let people know that we have a good, functioning company, they trust they can spend their money with us. Our client return rate is much higher now.

How did Clap Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Very well. I think they did everything we wanted. Sometimes it took some back-and-forth to communicate just because it was my first time creating a website, and didn't have any knowledge or expertise on the subject. It's a language barrier there, in a sense. Clap Creative were very responsive, always responded to my emails, and met the timeline we had agreed on. Whenever we emailed, they shot right back with the current process, current updates, and never let hours tick by without emails being returned. We also got calls pretty often. They’re really good in that sense.

Are there any areas Clap Creative could improve?

The only issue I had was that it went over the timeline, and we had to do extra testing at the end, but that happens with every site. Beyond that, it was really good project management.

Front-End Development for Test Prep Startup

"It was a fairly sophisticated job and there was a lot of back and forth, but Clap Creative dealt with it well..."

Clap Creative created a front-end system using JavaScript, CSS3 and HTML5 for a computer based LSAT preparation software.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Founder, Test Prep Startup

The internal software review has shown that the team created good code. Clap Creative assigned a point person for team management and communicated well. The team fixed all issues quickly at reasonable rates, although they did not always disclose their team's limitations.

We are an adaptive test prep platform. Our first foray in the market will be the exam that helps students get into law school, known as the LSAT. We are a machine learning course.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Clap Creative?

We wanted a working front-end system. We use them for JavaScript, CSS3 and HTML5 work as well as very light implementation of some of those pieces of code into our backend.

It was all front-end coding. We do the back-end coding in house. It was a little bit of integration but I would say the lion share of their work was to code the front-end in those three languages I mentioned.

How did you come to work with Clap Creative?

We met DK [Clap Creative’s Chief Executive Officer] here in California since he was recommended to us by a friend of a friend with whom he had done some work. Our friend was one of his first clients.

We spent under $10,000.

He’s finished the project. We want to maintain the relationship with him and his staff in case we need some change orders in the future.

It was a fairly sophisticated job and there was a lot of back and forth, but Clap Creative dealt with it well. We don’t have beta users in the system yet. We had done our own internal review of the code and so far it seems to be working well. Once we launch formally, we’ll have metrics.

How did Clap Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

DK acted as a project manager in the sense that he had a team of programmers and he was our only liaison between the development team on his end and our Chief Technology Officer.

They were very communicative. He was willing to Skype with us within a day or two’s notice. He was very responsive. If we had an issue on code or something broke he was very quick to remedy the situation. And while he may not be an expert level coder himself he understands the landscape enough to be able to translate what we wanted to his team.

What distinguishes Clap Creative from other providers?

I think they were very reasonable in their initial project rate. I appreciated when there were issues with the code and when we needed to ask for a level of development up from where they felt was in their area of expertise, they were willing to find someone else and add that person to their team in order to satisfy our request.

Is there anything Clap Creative could have improved or done differently?

I think one thing that would have been helpful would be if they would have communicated to us what was in their level of expertise before we found out it wasn’t. They were able to find someone to do that portion of the project but we didn’t know that. It would have been great for us to know they didn’t have that capability.

That’s a negative and positive at the same time because it turned out well. But that might have saved us time to know that. We’re happy with the outcome anyways.

Wordpress Website Development for Marketing Company

"I've been very satisfied with the work Clap Creative has done. They can get things done quickly and intelligently."

2014 - Ongoing

Recognizing their need for outside developers, the client hired Clap Creative to provide WordPress beam development and custom website development.

Dallas Metro Area
Ryan Nielsen
SVP of Development, Advice Interactive Group

Clap Creative performed well for the client by delivering quality work which warranted an ongoing relationship. The agency is praised for their excellent communication and quick turnaround time. Clap Creative is recommended to others.

Our company is Advice Interactive Group. We're a full-service marketing company. We provide Web fulfillment services and, as a part of that, we have worked with D.K. [owner of Clap Creative] on a number of projects to get the technical fulfillment done.

I'm the director of development. I oversee all the technical fulfillment for the agency.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Clap Creative?

We had a lot of turnover with some of our staff. We were shorthanded and needed some help fulfilling some projects on time. We were looking for outside developers to help us deliver them on time.

We've done various projects with Clap Creative, most of which involved Clap Creative doing WordPress beam development. They have also done some custom website development for us.

How did you come to work with Clap Creative?

We did some basic online research and reached out to Clap Creative. We did some small projects with them, and they turned out very well. We've had an ongoing relationship ever since.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative?

The size of this initiative is confidential.

We started working with Clap Creative in the fall of 2014.

Could you share any results from this engagement?

I've been very satisfied with the work Clap Creative has done. I've outsourced this kind of work a number of times, and this has been the relationship that stuck.

How did Clap Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

D.K. is a very able project manager. He does a good job of mediating between his team and me. My experience with a lot of these relationships is that the quality control is not always the best. He makes sure that all gets done. They can get things done quickly and intelligently.

What distinguishes Clap Creative from other providers?

The main thing is that they have D.K. sitting at the helm. That's really the big deal for me. I like that I have somebody who is always making sure that our project is successful. I don't know when he sleeps. He's available at all hours. It's amazing. He's very on top of projects and communicates well.

Are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

I really can't think of anything.

I don't spend a lot of time quarreling with them about scope.

Web Development for Tile Manufacturer

"Clap Creative did a great job. ... Our monthly sales have doubled and our traffic has increased significantly since we launched this site."

2013 - Ongoing

Clap Creative provides end-to-end development services for the client which involved fully developing and launching their site and now extends to maintenance and updates.

New York Metro Area
Founder, Tile Manufacturer

Clap Creative built an effective website for the client and contributed to significantly increased web traffic and monthly sales. The agency is praised for their responsiveness. There have been no complaints and Clap Creative is recommended to others.

We're an e-commerce-based tile company. We manufacture tiles and sell them across the country.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Clap Creative?

We were looking to build a website for our business. We have an e-commerce platform that we use as the foundation of our business, Bigcommerce, and we needed help creating a website of our own.

Clap creative was an end-to-end website developer for us. We designed how we wanted it to look and sent those designs to Clap Creative. They used those designs to develop our website fully, including our home page, blog, and product pages. Clap Creative also helped us with the launch of our website. They currently maintain our website and update it as needed.

How did you come to work with Clap Creative?

I did some online research and created a shortlist of suitable companies. I reached out to a few of them to get a proposal. I liked Clap Creative, and their pricing was good compared to other companies we approached.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative?

It's around $3,000 to date.

We started working with them two years ago. We launched the site in December 2014, but our partnership is ongoing.

How did Clap Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Clap Creative did a great job and were very responsive.

What distinguishes Clap Creative from other providers?

Responsiveness, price, and delivering exactly what we wanted. We would send them a primitive PowerPoint with the layout and design that we wanted. They would take that and create exactly what we wanted. They were very easy to work with. I remember there was something wrong with one of our domains, and I sent them an email about it. Within two minutes, I had a response, and they had helped fix the problem.

Are there areas in which they could improve?

I wish the project had been done earlier, but they were patient with any revisions that we would send them. Overall, it's been a very successful project.

I would have wanted things done faster.