Think Of Us Not As Your Agency But As Your Partner

About ChopDawg.com: Since 2009, we have helped create over 200+ web and mobile apps for startups, Fortune 500s, growing businesses, and non-profits from around the globe.

We apply your idea and vision with our own expertise to turn it into something real: Some clients that reach out to us already have a comprehensive plan of what form they want their product to take. Others still need help figuring out if their idea should take the form of a mobile app, web app, or something else entirely. It’s our job to guide our clients towards applying their vision to the best technological match possible.

Mobile App Development: We have dedicated teams that are capable of building the latest app indexing-compliant products for the iPhone, iPad, and Android. Our goal is to create an app for you that has a commanding presence on both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.

Web App Development: Successful web apps need to have a frontend that excites users and functions properly on all devices. But what makes a web app that is durable for the long term? A user-friendly and reliable backend that clients can use to manage and scale.

Non-Functional Prototypes For Mobile/Web Apps: Not every business can afford the initial investment required for a market-ready app. So we offer to make you a non-functioning prototype. Prototyping can demonstrate your idea’s potential to investors, customers, crowd-funders.

Minimum Viable Products For Mobile/Web Apps: MVPs are a complete, entry-level (but market-ready) product to your audience that lets you earn real revenue from the get-go. All design services are carried over from prototyping.

Philadelphia, PA
  • ChopDawg.com
    38 Chancellor Park Drive
    Mays Landing, NJ 08330
    (800) 490-1476

Chop Dawg has become one of the most award-winning and well-recognized agencies in the world. With over 200+ clients, Chop Dawg has helped assisted enterprises, Fortune 500s, non-profits, startups alike with their needs.

Chop Dawg has worked with some notable names over our short history; Hilton, Siemens, Aspirion, Moneythink, Six Flags. Chop Dawg has also worked with countless startups, helping them turn from an infant company into multi-million dollar enterprises.

SmashBrackets

SmashBrackets is an iPhone application that creates a more hands-on music discovery experience for music lovers, musicians/artists, and creatives through gamification. We built the app using Swift, REST APIs, and made to support iOS 10 and 11. On the administrator and server-side, we used PHP with Laravel. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

Treasurebee

Treasurebee is a fully responsive website application and marketplace, built to allow buyers and sellers the ability connect, buy, sell and trade via live streaming and real-time messaging. We built Treasurebee as a responsive website application using PHP with Laravel, MySQL, HTML5, and CSS3. For the administrator and server-side, we also used PHP with Laravel. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

Commment

Commment is a fully-functioning, responsive website application built to help internal teams and companies better manage their day-to-day communications and customer support. Commment was built as a responsive website application using PHP with Laravel, MySQL, HTML5, and CSS3. For the administrator and server-side, we also used PHP with Laravel. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

Hire.Bid

Hire.Bid is a fully responsive website application which provides an easy-to-use marketplace between professionals and buyers, offering professionals the ability to auction off their availability for services to buyers to increase their revenue and customer base. Hire.Bid was built as a responsive website application using PHP, MySQL, HTML5, and CSS3. For the administrator and server-side, we also used PHP. The frontend website was created using HTML5 and CSS3.

Waypoint

Waypoint is a location-based iPhone application that allows friends to keep their friend groups together and connect with new friends at live events, without the need of a cellular or wireless connection. Waypoint was built as an iPhone application using Swift and with REST APIs, and to support iOS 10 and 11. For the administrator and server-side, we used PHP with Laravel. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

Greenskeeper

Greenskeeper is an iPhone application for the largest social network to golf in the world, giving users the ability to engage with golf courses and golfers from around the globe. Greenskeeper was built as an iPhone application using Objective-C and with REST APIs. Greenskeeper was made to support iOS 8 and 9. For the administrator and server-side, we used PHP.

Dissolve

Dissolve is an iPhone application that will provide friend groups the enhanced ability to have carefully thought-out, intellectual conversations about the topics that interest them the most. It was built as an iPhone application using Swift and with REST APIs. Dissolve was made to support iOS 10 and 11. For the administrator and server-side, we used PHP with Laravel. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

DMNDR

DMNDR is a responsive website application that allows users to search and demand the products they want, how much they are willing to pay and provide merchants the ability to offer the requested products directly to them. DMNDR was built as a responsive website application using PHP, MySQL, HTML5, and CSS3. For the administrator and server-side, we also used PHP. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3.

BraapApp

BraapApp is an iPhone application designed to help competitive racers and organizers improve the process of registration and day-of-race logistics. BraapApp was designed to be built as an iPhone application using Swift and with REST APIs. BraapApp will support iOS 11. For the administrator and server-side, we will be using PHP with Laravel. The frontend website will be created using WordPress, HTML5, CSS3.

CuddleBids

CuddleBids is an iOS app that helps connect people who want to cuddle with professional cuddlers. CuddleBids was designed to provide a fun, comfortable and intimate experience for its users. It was built as an iPhone application Objective-C Swift and with REST APIs. CuddleBids was made to support iOS 8 and 9. For the administrator and server-side, we used PHP. The frontend website was created using WordPress, HTML5, and CSS3. We would continue to work with CuddleBids following the release of their app until they were acquired a few years after launching.

WeSkill

WeSkill is a responsive website application that allows employers to provide a discovery platform to their employees through videos, interactive lessons, and real-time quizzing while incorporating a social networking functionality. WeSkill was built as a responsive website application using PHP, MySQL, HTML5, and CSS3. For the administrator and server-side, we also used PHP. The frontend site was created using HTML5 and CSS3.

Custom Web & App Dev for Large Truck Manufacturer

"We're still beside ourselves at how great the project has been for us."

Jan. - July 2016

Chop Dawg built a data management application to streamline processing and improve efficiency for a Freightliner truck stop company.

Pennsylvania
CEO, Large Truck Manufacturer

Every dealership experienced improved efficiency leading to more trucks coming through each month, with one in Maryland jumping from 450 to 600. Chop Dawg was easy to reach, enthusiastic, and supportive.

I am the CEO of a Freightliner international truck stop with fourteen dealerships stretched along the east coast, providing parts, services, and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chop Dawg?

We wanted to update an Automatic Data Processing (ADP) system to a mobile-based system that would improve efficiency across all our departments.

Chop Dawg built an Android and iOS application that keeps track of all of the data we need for the processing, services, and sales related to our business. The app utilizes something called Service Daily Log (SDL) which tracks trucks through all of our departments and keeps everyone on the same page. SDL does essentially what our old system did, but extends it to the mobile applications and thus can be updated from anywhere.

The team consisted of four developers and two designers.

How did you come to work with Chop Dawg?

I was doing research into development firms and when I found Chop Dawg I was impressed by their portfolio and felt that they would be a good fit for our company, which itself is young and innovative.

We have invested about $500,000 with Chop Dawg.

The project went from January to July 2016, and we may work with them again in the future.

Every dealership of ours has seen an increase in the throughput of trucks each month, with one example being a Maryland dealership that jumped from 450 to 600. The application removes the need for workers to leave their stations, and that is huge for efficiency. The app has been flawless and we're still beside ourselves at how great the project has been for us.

How did Chop Dawg perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communications are great and they are always available by phone, text, or email. We've never had issues getting in touch. Josh [Founder, Chop Dawg] would check in monthly to see if there was room for improvement, and their excellent tech support enabled us to transition into the new system with no downtime.

Their passion and motivation for the project were outstanding, and that really means a lot to us. Throughout the project, their attention to detail was on point and they consistently performed above my expectations.

Web Dev for Funeral Services Company

"They were more on top of things than I was at times."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Chopdawg was hired to develop a digital marketplace web application for the funeral services industry using technologies such as Wordpress and Java.

CEO, Plan Life on Time (PLOT)

ChopDawg was spot on all the way. They were on top of everything related to project management, keeping a sense of open communication, and they were always available. A positive result is expected as the development phase advances.

I am the founder of Plan Life on Time [PLOT]. What we’ve created is a digital marketplace for the funeral services industry. We have two employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg?

I needed my ideas into something tangible and something that can be created into a digital marketplace.

The built a huge web application. They used WordPress. There may have been some Java.

My point person is Brandon [VP of Development, ChopDawg], who is a developer. I’m not sure how many others there were.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg?

I spoke with a couple people from a Google search. I was looking at third party engineers who were available for outsourcing and building applications. After speaking with several, I spoke to ChopDawg finally. I spoke with the founder, Josh [CEO, ChopDawg], and he made me feel really comfortable. We talked about everything from how they help you get started to the things that they’ve done in the past. They weren’t even afraid to tell me some of my ideas were not as good as I thought they would be. I valued that honesty. I didn’t want somebody to just build something for me just to get my money. With that honesty, it seemed like he cared about I was looking to build and my vision. ChopDawg had an awesome portfolio and after talking with them, they sounded like they knew what they were doing.

About $75,000.

We started working together in October 2016 and the work is ongoing.

We’re still in the development phase. There’s not a lot of functionality I can test yet. In terms of working with ChopDawg, there’s a lot of things in my vision that changed for the better as I worked with them. It’s going to be a positive result.

How did ChopDawg perform from a project management standpoint?

They were pretty much spot on and I have no complaints. They were more on top of things than I was at times. I needed that since I’m doing this on the side. Everything was done over Gmail and they kept a sense of open door communication. Josh [CEO, ChopDawg] was always readily available to me and the point person I was working with at Chopdawg was also very available. If I was in the product phase and I’m working with the product manager, I had their cell phone and I could call them anytime. It was awesome!

They’re the only ones I’ve ever worked with, but I have no regrets working with them. I don’t have any thoughts of trying another company. These guys have been spot on all the way.

No, everything that they’ve done has been really good. I can’t think of anything to improve.

They haven’t missed a beat. All the deadlines have been met and sometimes earlier than expected. Everything has been communicated perfectly.
    I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for. There are cheaper companies out there, but I don’t think they’d go above and beyond like ChopDawg would.
    Anytime there was an issue or any kind of problems or questions, they answered it with a lot of honesty, a lot of patience, and a lot of guidance. It sometimes felt like they provided a little bit more than they had to.

Multiple Devs for Music Platform

“They’re so much more involved than others I’ve worked with.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

February 2017 – Ongoing

ChopDawg developed an iOS, Android, and web application. They also developed a website, established branding, created an administrative panel, and set up a server. They currently provide ongoing development.

Founder, Music Platform

ChopDawg’s team stands apart from competitors due to personalized service, the ability to deliver ahead of schedule, and an attractive price. Their client’s best interest is of utmost importance, and they also provide effective communication with a proactive approach.

We’re located in Philadelphia, and we discover new artists to introduce them to listeners. We’re also putting people on our platform who didn’t have opportunities before. I’m the founder, and we have seven employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg?

I needed help with multiple developments for my music platform.

They developed an iOS, Android, and web application for me. They also developed my website, established branding, set up a server, and created an administrative panel.

There were six developers.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg?

I was attracted to them because of their price. I also looked at their previous work, which was pretty good, but the price is really what convinced me. I sent bids out to three other people, and ChopDawg came back with the lowest. Their work ended up surpassing all the others by far, and they also came with a good recommendation from a friend of mine.

We’ve spent $1.5 million.

We started working together in February 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

We haven’t launched yet, but so far, I’m blown away. We’re a month ahead of schedule, and everything is coming together wonderfully. I’m really grateful.

How did ChopDawg perform from a project management standpoint?

They stay on top of everything. The team meets with me weekly, and Josh [CEO, ChopDawg.com] meets with me monthly.

They’re so much more involved than others I’ve worked with. Josh [CEO, ChopDawg.com] really cared about me. They provide personalized customer service.

We’re ahead of schedule.
    They offered a lower price than the other people I reached out to.
    I already have. I’ve basically told everyone I know about them.

UI/UX Design for SaaS Firm

"It’s almost three years later and we’re still iterating and using that same version."

ChopDawg joined an in-house team to quickly iterate and improve working-versions of a SaaS. The team created and integrated a frontend design using HTML, CSS3, and Angular.

San Francisco Bay Area
Founder, SaaS Firm

The UI/UX that was built has lasted for 3 years without the need for significant modifications. The team communicated well and was able to work with the in-house team's developers and managers effectively. They had good fees for the quality of work provided.

I founded and am the CEO of Open Silo. We built a fast enterprise chat tool. It’s like Slack meets Quora. We’re based in San Francisco, California with 15 full-time employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg?

Our business goal was to produce quick iterations of our initial product as we continued to do product research. We needed help with our frontend design.

We had an in-house backend team and had ChopDawg’s team to do the frontend design. They worked with our backend team to connect and iterate the product efficiently. They used HTML, CSS3, and we use the Angular framework. They were connecting to our backend, which was built on Django, Mongo, and Python.

We rotated between one and two resources, depending on our need.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg?

One of my friends referred me to ChopDawg. We had a few initial calls where they gave us a proposal. The price was low enough for us at our development stage, and was balanced in terms of quality and price. They beat out some of the others who were local to this area. Price was a huge consideration, but also ability to deliver and the quality of their work.

We’ve spent about $100,000.

We started working together in July 2013 and finished the product in November 2014.

The current UI we have is just a new iteration of what we built with them. It hasn't needed a full overhaul because we built it with great longevity. It’s something our customers like. It’s almost three years later and we’re still iterating and using that same version.

How did ChopDawg perform from a project management standpoint?

We collaborated on HipChat and Jira.

There was good communication. Communication is very key in a small team in terms of hitting project deadlines and communicating properly.

Nothing I can think of. At the time, our requirements perhaps weren’t stringent enough. We were in the early stages of our company, so I don’t think we hit the top end of what they were capable of. We didn’t see any red flags or problems.

They are very organized, cost efficient, and fun to work with. They are a dependable partner.
    I recommended them to a friend of mine who had a startup.

e-Commerce Dev for Dog Owners Platform

"I’ve never seen a company with such a robust skill set and that proves it on a daily basis."

ChopDawg provided marketing counsel and feature ideation for a WordPress site. They developed the backend and integrated e-commerce plug-ins into the frontend, for a seamless UX.

Austin, Texas
CEO, Dog Owners Platform

While the project is still in progress, an initial demo revealed an easy-to-navigate backend. Their full stack development solution and marketing savvy saved cost and earned them a go-to CTO partnership. They hit milestones, are consistently available, and provide valuable feedback and suggestions.

I am the founder and CEO of a lifestyle brand. We develop software for dog owners and the brands and businesses that target this  consumer base.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg?

We needed quality development and tech talent for an early-stage bootstrap startup. We originally tried to do our development in house, but hiring an internal dev team is a very costly undertaking. Recruiting good talent is also quite a challenge. We needed a developer to step in and take the weight off our shoulders.

We’re developing an e-commerce platform where dog owners can sign up and pay a small monthly membership fee to access perks and premium products from our network of service providers.

Chopdawg walked through our strategy with us and helped us define our goals. Then they came up with and implemented features that would help us reach those goals. We are building the platform on WordPress with several plug-ins, such as Paid Membership Pro and WooCommerce. It will take users all the way from the discovery phase through purchasing from one of our partners in an environment that’s optimized for conversions. We’re using iFrames to bury discount codes and streamline the entire purchasing process.

We’re well on track to hit our deadlines and finish up the project over the coming weeks.

I work very closely with Josh [CEO, ChopDawg.com] on more high-level aspects of the project. We have a dedicated developer who handles all the actual implementation. To my knowledge, he’s handled a majority of the backend work and is currently doing the frontend. I’m not sure how many others are working on it. We’ve been able to maintain a very tight team and communication loop.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg?

Our relationship began 1½ years ago before we started a project with them. Early on, our social media coordinator informed me that ChopDawg had retweeted something we had posted. At the time, we were scoping out an Android app, so I got in touch with Josh. They completely scoped out our app based on the direction we opted to go with the business. We didn’t move on that proposal, but since day one, they were very professional and helpful in bringing the CTO side of things to the table.

We did our first demo of the product and saw how we could edit and manipulate the backend on our side. Then we met with our developer at ChopDawg. Everything is incredibly easy to use. He included everything that we needed and gave us access to start building out our backend data set and pertinent information.

We’re right on track with our initial timeline. It was exciting to not only receive those deliverables, but to get them in time to go through them. Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll continue to work closely with them to prepare for the launch. I have nothing but good things to say about how they conduct themselves.

How did ChopDawg perform from a project management standpoint?

Josh is unrivaled in terms of responsiveness and availability. We communicate a lot via email. I text him and jump on calls with him quite a bit. That’s the nature of our relationship.

ChopDawg offers a full stack development solution. They take a project all the way from strategy to problem solving to implementation. They are our current and long-term solution on the dev side. They are so good about providing timely feedback, hitting goals and milestones, and chiming in on top-level discussions. They help us think through why we’re doing something and what it means from a development perspective. It’s immensely helpful to receive that input in a way that’s built on trust.

I have looked at other alternatives for getting this kind of development done. I haven’t come across another company that conducts themselves like ChopDawg or goes as far to truly provide an outsource CTO solution. That’s been huge from a financial perspective.

And most don’t have a highly respected marketing expert like Josh. It’s rare for someone to have that dual expertise. That’s one of the things that gets me very excited about where we go from here. He’s more than willing to help with some of our go-to market strategies. I’ve never seen a company with such a robust skill set and that proves it on a daily basis.

They’ve met every expectation we’ve had of them. I don’t know what I’d suggest they improve on. They’ve made our lives extremely easy.

Overall Score They’re universally appealing due to their robust services, team size, and skills across any platform. They go above and beyond and are an especially great fit for a young bootstrap company.
    We’ll know 100% in the next couple weeks, but I have no doubt that everything will arrive on time.
    We’re going to have access to tools that we didn’t expect to have, which should help immensely as we go to market.
    Everything is exactly what we’d hoped for. In all our collaboration, they’ve offered better suggestions for plug-ins and methods than we expected.
    I’ve already recommended them to CEOs and founders that I interact with here in Austin.

Web App Dev for Hospitality Startup

"[W]e’ve been very pleased with everything we’ve seen thus far."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

ChopDawg is developing a web app after suggesting it was best for releasing a new product. The project is on track and they’re contracted to develop native iOS and Android apps after the solution’s launch.

Joshua Angotti
Founder ,Guest-RM

ChopDawg has a responsive and collaborative approach and is willing to provide a variety of design options and guidance on other business aspects. Their contribution to the marketing side is invaluable and practically saved the project from shutting down.

I am the founder of Guestroom.com, which will be an online app that will have a mobile component supporting both iOS and Android. The app itself is a home sharing network for friends and friends of friends with no nightly fees.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg?

We needed someone to develop our iOS and Android apps.

They provided mockup wireframes to help me understand the complete flow of the site at the very beginning. We looked through the wireframes in detail and then moved on to a Highfive version thereof. The Highfive version has added some color to the actual site and also included some of the copy that we’re going to add to give me a better understanding of how the site will flow and the overall customer experience.

From there, they started to build out the backend in WordPress, which will allow me to make edits and support different landing pages, blog posts, and things along those lines. From what I understand, it’s a platform that makes it easier for less technical individuals to maintain ongoing activities on the site. We’re about four months into the project and will launch later this month, after which we’ll have one more month of development for creating the apps.

Josh [Founder & CEO, ChopDawg] joins our weekly call with the whole team which typically includes a designer, who has been responsible for the wireframes, branding, and all of the Highfives. There’s also a VP of design and a backend developer that attend as well. In total, we end up usually with four people on the call. The backend designer usually joins every other week and there is a fifth team member who supports a lot of the marketing strategy. I don’t have a lot of experience on the marketing side so he’s been very helpful with supporting a marketing plan and its execution.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg?

I interviewed three or four different development companies but Josh was always very engaged from the very beginning and answered all of my questions about pricing, scheduling, and more. ChopDawg is extremely responsive—I usually get responses to emails within 15–20 minutes.

The other thing that convinced me to hire them is that when I started the project, I had been considering a purely native app for iOS and Android. Josh explained that it would be an expensive route to go for a launch, especially for a product and a service that hadn’t really been proven and doesn’t have any subscribers yet.

He suggested that a web app might be the better choice because a web app, with a scaled mobile component, could hit all platforms. Native apps are more expensive and they’re built individually, so starting off with a web app in order to launch a product and then gradually work towards native apps made a lot more sense.

Ultimately, he was pitching a less expensive option and was very interested in making the project as affordable as possible. I felt a certain level of transparency when I spoke with him in the way that he communicated all of this information to me. Josh had a very clear commitment from the very beginning.

We invested $45,000.

We started working together in April 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The app hasn’t been launched yet and the only people who have seen it are my business partner and me, however, we’ve been very pleased with everything we’ve seen thus far. They’ve been very collaborative in presenting different color options, fonts, and layouts based on our questions. They’re also very open to feedback.

All in all, we’re really appreciate what we’ve put together on the site, including the marketing and branding.

How did ChopDawg perform from a project management standpoint?

From the very beginning, they’ve been open about the schedule. We fell behind at one point and they quickly let me know so we could make up some of that time and launch according to plan. Josh has been incredibly helpful with getting everything in order, including things like SSL certifications, bank accounts, finding the right accountant, getting the company incorporated, and more.

They don’t really have a formalized project management tool; we communicate mainly through email. They provide updates on progress, agendas for upcoming meetings, and any materials I need to review. Josh provides a lot of guidance, especially with the things that could potentially delay a launch if they’re not in place on time.

I didn’t expect their support on the marketing aspect. It was probably two months into the project when I got very nervous about my ability to support a marketing plan and subscriber acquisition, to the point where I asked Josh to consider shutting the project down. He assured me that they would put together a plan and help me come up with a way to execute on that plan such that subscriber acquisition wouldn’t be as big of a challenge as what I had anticipated.

While we haven’t gotten to the point of actual subscriber acquisition, the plan we put in place thus far has made me feel much more confident. It’s given me something to work on in the interim so that I’m not just waiting for the project to launch, but rather documenting blog content and preparing information so that when we do launch, there’s actually a rich site behind the services and not just an empty shell.

The marketing guidance that they’ve given has been really invaluable to me and made me feel much better about the overall project, especially since all the expenses are coming entirely out of my own pocket. It’s been really helpful to have their feedback and guidance.

Their expertise, at this point, is really in web page development and in communicating during the whole process the work that’s being done. They’re slowly becoming a more marketing-centric company as well, which is the one area of improvement that they could pursue. I know Josh would like to offer more marketing-focused services to startups like myself and other entrepreneurs, but they’re still refining that process.

I didn’t find out that we had fallen behind by seven to ten days until we actually got to that point. It would’ve been good to know that we were inching closer to a delay, but they made up the time and it appears that we will launch on schedule.
    They were a little bit better than everyone else that I spoke with.
    They’ve been very strong with what they’ve delivered and have always given me options.
    Absolutely. I already have.

Web and Mobile App Dev for Gig Search Startup

"I've been very happy with what they delivered and where we are at this point in the process."

ChopDawg.com was hired to develop the web and iOS applications for the gig search startup. The project is an ongoing collaboration.

Founder, FindAGig.com

The functionality of the web app, its design, and aesthetics, were satisfactory. Communications are great since the team is very timely with responses and available at all times. Deadlines are always met.

Introduce your business and what you do there

My business is called Findagig.com. I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with ChopDawg.com?

I'm starting the business and they are creating and developing the website and iOS app.

I've been working with about four developers on this website and iOS app development project. It's been a great experience so far.

They're very timely with their responses and they're available at any time of day and night. All of the receivables have been on time. If they give me a deadline when they're going to provide me with a wireframe, they always met the deadline. They're great to work with and I've been happy with their services.

How did you come to work with ChopDawg.com?

I was just searching online for different places. I came up with ChopDawg.com and noticed that they were local since I'm also in the Philadelphia area. I contacted them along with a couple others. After considering all options, we chose them for the project.

How much have you invested with ChopDawg.com?

We've invested about $100,000 to $145,000.

We started working in June 2017 and it's an ongoing collaboration.

We're still early on in the process and we have not started on the iOS app, yet. We're about three months into the web application, but it's certainly not a finished product yet.

How did ChopDawg.com perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication-wise everything has been great. I'm in constant contact with Josh, ChopDawg.com's founder. He has always followed-up to see how things are going. It's definitely a very personalized service, even though they're working on other projects as well. It's certainly a very good experience.

What did you find most impressive about ChopDawg.com?

I've been very happy with what they delivered and where we are at this point in the process. They did the design elements, came up with a logo and the like. I'm really happy with their overall performance, the functionality of the web app, as well as its design and aesthetics.

Any areas for improvement?

Nothing comes to mind.

They're very good about scheduling, sticking to our weekly schedule of phone calls. They rarely have to make any adjustments or changes.
    It's a very personalized service and ChopDawg.com's team is very easy to work with.
    Definitely a 5!

Multiple Projects for Design & Consulting Agency

"We’ve had incredible outcomes for every initiative they’ve worked on."

2015 - Ongoing

Chop Dawg provides full-stack website and app development using diverse coding languages in an outsourced engagement. The team scales from 5–7 resources to lend flexibility and efficiency to the workflow.

G. William Handal
Owner, GW Handal Design & Consulting

Since Chop Dawg came on board, third-party clients reported 99% satisfaction with each high-quality end product. Their professionalism, valuable insight, thorough quality-control measures, and energetic attitude strengthen their contributions as a preferred partner.

I’m the founder of GW Handal Design and Consulting, an international multi-specialty design and branding firm. We provide consulting and design for small and large businesses in Western Europe, South America, and here in the United States. We’re based in Atlanta, Georgia and have a presence across 9 cities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chop Dawg?

About 10 years ago, I started a biotechnology company and hired a lot of developers and engineers on our payroll. I learned quickly that having the redundancy of engineers and developers right on staff was not only inefficient but also hard to maintain for the long-term. Although we developed a successful product, I realized what I needed in a development team.

So, after working with the likes of IBM and other enterprise companies, we connected with Chop Dawg 2 years ago, and they have been absolutely first-class. They’re energetic, young, and professional, and they always deliver on time. They’re cognizant of the need to code what we ask and even design other aspects that we may not have thought of. That was very valuable for us. We’ve had incredible outcomes for every initiative they’ve worked on.

Our goals are to develop websites and apps that could be interoperable within the healthcare space, the legal space, and the financial world. They have always come through for us, so we’re very thrilled with their work.

We have used approximately 3–5 developers on each project. Including the graphics folks, we’ve worked with 5–7 people or more. We’ve used a variety of coding languages, and they have been extremely flexible with us in applying different languages to meet the clients’ requirements.

How did you come to work with Chop Dawg?

I connected with Joshua [CEO, Chop Dawg], and my first question was, “How do you manage your developers?” At this time, we had developers on salary and in-house. I asked about the performance and acceptance criteria they used to make sure their people deliver the product. He was able to provide so much valuable insight. He explained what we could be doing better. At that point, we just remained friends and discussed a variety of topics. From there, we embarked on our first project, which was a success. Now, we have several projects under management with them.

How much have you invested with Chop Dawg?

We’ve invested well over $100,000.

We started working together at the end of 2015, and our collaboration is ongoing. They’re our preferred partner.

Our clients are thrilled to have our agency provide value through Chop Dawg. We always make it clear they’re our development partner. We stay within our expertise, and we don’t want to outsource to just anyone. Our clients understand that we selected Chop Dawg due to their first-class outcomes, professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to deliver a high-quality product. I can’t give specific metrics, but I would say that we have 99% satisfaction with their work.

How did Chop Dawg perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve adapted to the systems we or our clients already use; in some cases, we’ve adapted to the platforms they use. We’ve used everything from Dribbble to Slack to Google Hangouts. Their project management is top-notch. They always assign a key officer to each project, and that person handles reporting and interfaces with their project managers. We have our preferences with the project managers they have, and we’ve been able to keep those with whom we built a rapport. They’re always on time, professional, and accommodating, and they take criticism very well. Our goal is the absolute satisfaction of our clients, and Chop Dawg allows us to meet that every time.

What did you find most impressive about Chop Dawg?

They have a real passion for their work, and they’re always innovative. They’re able to educate us, so that really gives us an edge, both operationally and executively. Chop Dawg is never late. We can put them in front of our clients confidently. We have a partner we can rely on to keep us current, guide us, and provide consulting in certain areas to add value for our clients. Overall, we’re very satisfied.

Are there any areas Chop Dawg could improve?

With any other partner, I would have a lot of feedback in this area. With Chop Dawg, it’s hard to find something they need to fix. They’re very disciplined and have a lot of energy. When our clients want to add to the scope, increase complexity, or change directions, Chop Dawg is quickly able to accommodate them.

They have an extensive discovery process, so there’s no wiggle room for interpretation on what the outcome or product will be. They take on the cost and the time to do that. It makes such a difference, and we’ve been able to incorporate some aspects of their onboarding process to create an ultra-efficient, end-to-end service on our side.

They’re always on time.
    We previously overspent with other developers who weren’t able to deliver, were late, and had a lot of excuses. Chop Dawg doesn’t give excuses, and they take a lot of pride in their prompt delivery.
    I always recommend them.

App Dev for Healthcare Revenue Collection Firm

"They worked hard to understand what we’re trying to do … Chop Dawg is as invested as us in the success of the project."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Chop Dawg currently develops a desktop app that includes patient, user, and medical portals for handling bills related to accidents. It’s projected to be complete it by November 2017.

Columbus, Georgia
Suzie Bryan
Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Aspirion Health Resources

Chop Dawg has delivered on time so far. They’re especially skilled at extracting important information and going through details that result in a better product, while keeping the future vision in mind. Their initial proposal was very detailed and are personally invested in the project.

My name is Suzie Bryan, and I am the vice president of process improvement and new business development for Aspirion Health Resources. Specifically, I have been focusing on new business opportunities for the company, which is how I started working with Chop Dawg.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chop Dawg?

We are developing a platform geared at helping attorneys, patients, and hospitals work together better, specifically in cases where the patient has been involved in an accident of some kind and needs to have their hospital bill paid.

The platform will be made for desktop use initially, but we plan to roll out tablet and smartphone version.

We have a call every week with the person in charge of our wireframing and their assistant. We plan to move on to high-fidelity designs, where I believe that we’ll have 1–2 people involved. Joshua Davidson himself, their founder, has been a contributor.

How did you come to work with Chop Dawg?

A local contact who has been working with offshore development companies recommended Chop Dawg. He had had some bad experiences with other companies but mentioned that Chop Dawg had been on time, always turned in perfect deliverables, and their conflict-resolution process was team oriented. We had a couple of conversations and submitted our idea to Chop Dawg. We agreed to a proposal and launched from there.

How much have you invested with Chop Dawg?

The cost of their work has been close to $40,000 so far.

We expect to release a beta version in late summer or early fall, and hope for it to be live in November 2017. It is a complex 10-month build, involving a number of portals which need to be developed, including a patient portal, a user portal, and a medical portal on which bill records are submitted.

The Chop Dawg team has met deliverables 100% so far. If anything, our team has been the one which hasn’t met the schedule. This speaks to the fact that Chop Dawg’s members ask great questions, which force us to think through details which we hadn’t thought of before, in a good way. I believe that this will end up with us having a much better product.

Chop Dawg is helping us not code ourselves into a box by thinking about the vision going forward. If anything, the deliverables have been delayed because we didn’t give Chop Dawg as many details as we should have.

How did Chop Dawg perform from a project management standpoint?

The proposal given to us was very detailed, numbering around 120 pages, lining out not only the scope of the project, but also what the team would be doing, when we could expect deliverables, and when things were supposed to occur.

We have a weekly call on Google Hangouts so that we can actually see each other. We don’t have formal, written-down agendas, but there is always a goal or topic to be covered. It’s not completely mandatory for everyone to be on the call, but we manage to have it as a weekly occurrence, and it helps move the project along. If anyone has failed, it’s been ourselves. We will probably be able to make up some ground in terms of coding, down the road, so we will likely hit the deadline.

What did you find most impressive about Chop Dawg?

I’ve been working with technology people for 30 years, and I’ve never worked with a team which really did want to purposefully understand the workflow of the users in the way that Chop Dawg does. As an operations person, this is very important to me, since I know what work will flow into the system. The amount of time they’ve spent understanding the business we’re developing has been impressive. They worked hard to comprehend what we’re trying to do and whom we’re trying to help. Chop Dawg is as invested as us in the success of the project. They’re a part of the team.

Are there any areas Chop Dawg could improve?

I can’t think of anything. Our team dropped the ball by not thinking through some details, but I’m appreciative of Chop Dawg for being so thorough.

Not only were the wireframes of outstanding quality, they were delivered on time. Chop Dawg anticipated that we’d probably drop the ball, which is why they picked up the pace. In terms of scheduling meetings, they were flexible as well.
    We quoted the project to other companies, and the ultimate price came out great for us. We received a bargain, considering that we gave Chop Dawg more coding than initially anticipated.
    I did not expect the wireframes to look as good as they do, and did not expect Chop Dawg to be as professional as they were described to us. Everything has been well put together.
    I have recommended them to my son, for his startup company.

Web Application Development for Barter Platform

"Chop Dawg not only helped us build our product, but also gave us a lot of insight into branding, development, and social media."

ChopDawg built a mobile-optimized web app using PHP, handling everything from rebranding and UIUX to the actual development. The team gave advice and feedback on everything.

Chris Coleman
Founder, Swapsomething

The platform attracted around 1,000 people within the first 30 days. The visuals were amazing, and the team was there to fix any bugs encountered. Project management wise, Chop Dawg was good and always accessible with professionalism, friendliness, and courtesy.

SavySwap was aimed at helping people swap and barter items like furniture. We enabled the process and verified everyone on our platform, similarly to Airbnb. I was the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Chop Dawg?

We were using an Excel spreadsheet for all our operations, so we needed an actual web app.

Chop Dawg helped us build a mobile-optimized web app, handling everything from rebranding to the actual development. The app was built using PHP. We worked with 2–4 developers from Chop Dawg's side. We only met with their lead developer during our calls, so I'm not sure how many people actually worked on our backend. We also worked with UI [user interface] and UX [user experience] designers.

How did you come to work with Chop Dawg?

We contacted a number of companies after raising a round of funding and going to an accelerator in San Francisco. We stumbled upon Chop Dawg through Twitter, while we were promoting our business. They're a local company from Philadelphia and seemed to be an awesome group. Chop Dawg not only helped us build our product, but also gave us a lot of insight into branding, development, and social media. Being featured on their Twitter page has helped us out a lot.

How much have you invested with Chop Dawg?

The cost of Chop Dawg's work was between $10,000 and $50,000.

The project was completed, but our team broke apart. Chop Dawg's work took us to the next level while we were active.

With our product, we were able to have people sign up and use the service. We attracted around 1,000 people within the first 30 days. We pitched the platform at LAUNCH Festival and got some direct feedback from one of our investors, as well as from other people interested in our business. Without a product, we wouldn't have had anything to show.

How did Chop Dawg perform from a project management standpoint?

I don't think that we used any project management software on our end. We had weekly calls with Chop Dawg and set up agendas for all our tasks. We were in constant communication via email, and Chop Dawg's principal was always accessible. I don't think Slack was a choice at the time, but that has changed since then. Project management wise, Chop Dawg was pretty good.

What did you find most impressive about Chop Dawg?

I liked their down-to-earth approach. I have remained friends with Chop Dawg's team to this day since I was able to work with them on such an intimate basis. It always felt more like a friendship than a business transaction. Chop Dawg gave me advice and feedback on everything from how we were branding ourselves online to how we could get the product out and reach the press.

Are there any areas Chop Dawg could improve?

I'm sure that Chop Dawg has grown since, but, at the time, they were only building in PHP. It's a great language, used by sites like Facebook, but it would have been interesting to have other options like Ruby on Rails, which are now becoming more common. Besides this, I had no qualms.

Overall Score I still refer people to Chop Dawg, and I've worked with them in other areas, always with the same level of professionalism, friendliness, and courtesy. Chop Dawg has always shown me love.
    The design portion was delivered without any issues, but we couldn't imagine every issue that would occur as we were coding the platform. We were a little behind schedule, but this is common.
    We got a very fair deal, compared to other quotes.
    We received a completed product. The visuals were amazing, and Chop Dawg was there to fix any bugs we encountered.