We help our clients work their brand.

The Byne Group is a strategic branding and integrated marketing agency. We are dedicated, hands-on professionals who share with our clients a commitment to delivering the highest quality work and outstanding service, which is evident in our deliverables. We consider ourselves an extension of our clients and give a voice to their brand in the marketplace.

Everything we create at The Byne Group revolves around branding. Everyone’s brand is different and has its own voice. In its simplest form, well conceived branding is a promise made between an organization and its audience. It sets expectations and cultivates relationships. Your brand should influence everything you do; how your website functions, the tone of your campaigns across all mediums, and social media outlets.

In a content cluttered world, The Byne Group delivers your brand with simplicity and clarity.

1998

• Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council
  • Industrial Realty Group
  • Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York

Web Design for Land Reclamation Company

“We're very pleased with product, and the fact sheet and website are tremendous.”

n/a

Feb. - May 2019

The Byne Group crafted an online image for a land reclamation firm. They customized a website, designed fact sheets and press materials, and will work on social media in the future.

Dan Walsh
VP Regulatory Strategy, Hudson River Resources

The results are positive, and the site The Byne Group looks good and runs well. Communication was clear throughout the development process, and they were always willing to take up slack to cover any gaps. The process was painless, and two future projects are in the works.

We oversee land reclamation projects. I'm the vice president of regulatory strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We are a highly technical firm, but we lack the capacity to do certain essential IT tasks. We wanted a team that could assist with website development, social media, and other types of IT services.

They customized our website, designed a fact sheet, and wrote a press release for us. The work they did on our website was critically important. We were entering a very public process, and our ability to communicate directly with the public was essential. We needed as much control of our message as possible, and their work on the website was valuable. The work they will do on our social media is also crucial. They will help with our accounts in the future to present the most accurate representation of our work.

We worked with a team of four or five, led by one principal contact.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

They came highly recommended, and they have a presence that is local to the project we're working on. We came to them through two recommendations, and we were satisfied with their past performance on other projects.

Give or take, we've spent around $10,000, maybe a little more.

The project ran from February-May 2019.

The results are very positive. The website is up and running, and it looks great. Once the review process for the project is complete, their work will become very important and the functionality will rise dramatically. We're very pleased with the product, and the fact sheet and website are tremendous.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated regularly, and they understood our limitations. We're a small firm and are involved in several demanding projects. Consequently, I don't have a lot of bandwidth, but they were patient and reached out regularly. They kept me on task and were sensitive to my limitations. It would be great to spend more time on every step, but they took it upon themselves to compensate for any gaps.

They're a boutique shop, and they're very easy to work with. The process was painless and enjoyable, and we have two more projects we plan to do with them in the future.

I don't have any significant improvements for them.

I've worked with a lot of other contractors, but we've had nothing but a positive experience. They will complete your project in a timely manner and will do everything they promise. I do have more experience in branding and messaging than some of their clients, and I was very particular about certain things. They will allow the project to go where you need it to go, and you don't need to take any special efforts with them.

• N/A Cost
    We had no issues on our end, but I don't have comparisons to give an informed value to this category.

Logo and Collateral Design for Senior Living Community

“I appreciated how hands-on they were. We interacted with personnel from every level of their company.”

Jan. - Oct. 2017

The Byne Group piloted a rebranding campaign, creating a comprehensive range of marketing materials. This involved logo redesign, brochure updates, two advertisements, and a new photoset.

Palisades, New York
Rosemarie Gutierrez
Director of Marketing, The Esplanade at Palisades

The updated visuals more accurately reflected the company’s identity and garnered enthusiastic praise at trade shows. Although there were some delays on the client’s side, the Byne Group remained organized and focused, offering critical guidance to push the project forward.

I’m the marketing director at a senior living community called the Esplanade at Palisades. We’re an independent, family-owned and operated community for people aged 62 and over. Our organization provides an array of amenities for residents who want to downsize from their homes or are just looking for day-to-day socialization.

What challenge were you trying to address with the Byne Group?

When I joined my role, I saw various rebranding opportunities, the most obvious being our logo. The previous one was about 16 years old and was too dated; it no longer represented who we were. Our print collateral also featured outdated information for services that we no longer offered. As a result, we needed resources to not only update our logo but also our marketing assets.

The Byne Group led our rebranding campaign, creating various marketing pieces and refreshing our image. Initially, they redesigned our logo to have a timeless look that better represented our organization. They then created new marketing assets and ensured that the information was up to date. This included print brochures, letterheads, photos, and two ads. Finally, they helped us copyright several of our pieces and made sure that our image was consistent across all of our materials.

I primarily worked with two main points of contact, but, as a whole, it was a full-team effort. During the photo shoot, even the owner came down to work with us.

How did you come to work with the Byne Group?

Because our industry is so unique, we wanted to find a vendor that really understood the senior living community and us as a company. As it so happened, their owner’s mother-in-law lives with us, so they had firsthand experience of our organization from both a personal and business perspective. It was a perfect match.

We spent around $20,000.

Their work lasted from January–October 2017.

We’re currently working on gathering hard metrics, so we don’t have any on hand. However, from a qualitative standpoint, we’ve received positive feedback at trade shows. The artwork and visuals attracted visitors to our table, and people complimented our brochure and logo.

How did the Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their account manager kept us organized throughout the project. After every meeting, she would send us an outline of our discussion and remind of us our next steps. She went beyond expectations to helps us remain focused. The project took a bit longer than we thought it would, but this was due to delays on our end. We needed to mull things over and meet internally, and they were happy to accommodate our schedule.

I appreciated how hands-on they were. We interacted with personnel from every level of their company. Even the owner stepped in to share some of her experience and expertise, which helped move the project along when we were in a standstill.

No, nothing comes to mind. I don’t think they could have done anything differently. In fact, we had such a positive experience that we decided to keep them on contract to do creative work for future advertisements.

If you’re going to hire them, really trust them to do their work. They’re professionals and know exactly what they’re doing.

Overall Score Their project management skills exceeded our expectations, and we’d certainly continue to work with them for future projects.
    Without their organization, scheduling, and eye for detail, the project would have lost all momentum.
    Considering the extensive amount of work, revisions, and delays, the prices were definitely reasonable.
    They provided a professional final product and accommodated our requests.
    They’re currently doing tremendous things in our community with other organizations, so I would absolutely refer them.

Website Development for Trade Organization

“The team was on top of the project the whole way, and met all the deadlines.”

Jan. - Oct. 2017

The Byne Group updated the aesthetics and functionality of an informational WordPress site. Improved navigation makes pages easier to access, and a new module converts PDFs into word documents to improve SEO.

New York City, New York
Executive Director, Trade Organization

The Byne Group yielded an easily modifiable site with a fresh look and feel. The new platform was well-received by the organization’s executive board, and is now much more user friendly. The team was receptive, patient, followed up on information requests, and met all deadlines within the budget.

I'm the executive director of a trade organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

Our existing website was dated and very unwieldy to update. We hired The Byne Group to improve the website both aesthetically and in terms of functionality. I needed the ability to do minor updates on my own in real time without having to go back to the agency.

Initially, I provided them with a creative brief. We had a kickoff phone call to define our objectives for the site, and its look and feel. I specifically asked for the backend to use WordPress, which I'm able to update without knowing how to code.

It's primarily an informational site, rather than transactional. They gave the platform a facelift and improved navigation. All of our content remained the same, but it looks a lot fresher. They created a module that converts PDFs into a word documents so search engines can pick up individual words for SEO purposes.

My primary contact was Julia Light. We worked with one creative, two people from the web group, and back office accounting staff.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

I've known Julia Light professionally for years from working in the same industry in New York City. I was set on using them, as long as they could accomplish our goals within the allocated budget. Having seen some of their other sites and based on our prior working relationship, I was confident they could deliver. It felt much more comfortable than randomly picking a company where I didn't know anyone.

When I approached them in October 2016, I asked if they could finish the project by January 2017. Delays arose from our end, and we took nine months longer than we thought. That had nothing to do with The Byne Group. We wrapped up the project in October 2017.

Our entire board is pleased with the aesthetics of the new site. It's easier to navigate now, and much more user friendly. Our old site required users to click up to four times to arrive at a certain page. Improved navigation makes content much easier to access, via just one or two clicks.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was on top of the project the whole way, and met all the deadlines. Content was slow coming from our end, but they were very diligent about following up. Most of my interactions were with Julia Light. Usually, I sent feedback in writing and followed up with a phone call. They were always very receptive.

They showed extraordinary patience in waiting for their client to provide information they needed to move on to the next stage.

There were some communication issues between the buying and web groups where emails were missed. At one point, I had to request a couple passwords twice, and search through a bunch of emails to find it so I could proceed.

Overall Score I would be willing to use them again.
    They met all of their deadlines.
    I would have expected a slightly lower rate for a company outside of Manhattan.
    They were very prompt.

Brochure Design For Historical Society

“They know the community, and we found that expertise really helpful."

June - Sep. 2017

The Byne Group worked on the design and content of a brochure for a historical society looking to build a new identity. They put together graphics, modified the logo, and assisted with the wording of the text.

1–10 Employees

Rockland County, New York
Susan Deeks
Executive Director, Historical Society of Rockland County

The redesigned brochure has been well received by those who have seen it and used it, providing the information needed in a clear and interesting way. The team was professional and friendly, bringing local knowledge as well as good organizational skills and responsive communication to the project.

I'm the executive director and administrative head of the Historical Society of Rockland County, a non-profit organization that serves as the main repository for collecting, exhibiting, and educating the residents of Rockland about our county's history.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We wanted to begin building a new identity as a central location for people to get information about Rockland County history and how they can locate historical resources, such as other museums and sites for themselves.

They worked with us to develop a new identity brochure that involved creating or modifying our logo, putting together graphics of our programs, and working closely with our county's tourism department to coordinate the design with the driving map that they already make.

They helped us to choose graphics, reword the text, figure out exactly what we needed to say to get our message across, and to print the brochure so that we could distribute it widely. I supplied the content. It was a modification of the brochure we already had in place. They made some wonderful suggestions for punching that up and fine-tuning it. We now do the promotion and distribution of the brochures.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

I chose them after looking at 3 different graphic design firms within Rockland County. We wanted to stay in the county. They came highly recommended by the county Tourism Department, and I had heard many good things from other clients of theirs.

We've spent about $3,500 with them.

I started working with them in June 2017 and we completed the project in September 2017.

Everybody that has seen the brochure to and we've distributed it to tells us it looks great, clear, and says what we needed to say. For example, we had visitors from Minnesota come in looking for a way to get around in Rockland and they didn't know where to go. Being able to give them the new brochure alongside the driving map gave them a plan for their day. That's one instance where it worked really well.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a pleasure to work with: lovely people, and very professional. They were fantastic at deadlines and being responsive to us. They're also very good at keeping on me to keep the deadlines, which is more of an issue.

The reason that we went to them in the first place was that they are a local company and they are working with a lot of organizations. They know the community, and we found that expertise really helpful.

I'm highly likely to recommend them.

Ad Campaign For Hotel

"They really listened to us and took what we were saying and came up with great options."

May - June 2017

The Byne Group helped a hotel encourage regional tourism by designing billboard, train, and ferry campaigns. They provided print and digital designs, as well as targeted mobile ads.

West Point, New York
Carlys Lemler
General Manager, The Thayer Hotel

The advertising campaigns drew so many profitable new clients that The Byne Group became a trusted long-term partner. The agency's accessibility, reliable communication, and rapid turnarounds, set them apart. They asked clarifying questions and provided clear, effective solutions.

I’m the general manager of The Thayer Hotel at West Point. We are a full-service hotel located on the Hudson River. We’re a boutique, historic property.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We had won a grant from the state of New York for marketing to drive regional tourism to the area. Our goal was to drive overnight stays at our hotel by raising awareness to corporate clients and groups, our venue as a wedding location to future brides and grooms, and for transient leisure travelers.

We met with them several times and talked through what our goals were. They looked at the collateral that had at the time. We talked through some of our challenges to reaching those different groups and markets and how we currently approach it. They gave us ideas on what would be the best approach. They gave us several options. Once we settled on the overall theme, we started to work through the details of what each of the copies would look like.

They came up with the campaign that was to be used on billboards throughout the Tri-state area, as well as on Metro-North train advertising and ferry advertising. They were responsible for the design and the photography. The ads were placed on 4 major billboards. They were placed on I-95, the West Side Highway, I-80 and I-84. On Metro-North, they went to over 110 digital platforms. They also did a couple different ferry ones. The ferry platform ones were not digital, but the ones on the ferry were digital. We did some mobile geo-targeting. They helped design what that ad would look like within the app that they were projected on. They also designed the landing page for the app.

We had 1-point person, but every time that we met with them, the team came. Daily communication was with the project manager on their side. The meetings where we were doing creative, we had about 3 or 4 people that would come.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

We searched online. We had several folks in for interviews to go over what we were looking for. They were selected as number 1 of about 6 that we interviewed.

$30,000-$40,000.

We started working together in May 2017 until June 2017. We are working with them now with additional advertising.

They were a great partner. We’re working with them again with some additional advertising. We’re going to use them again if we win the grant again next year.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. We were in contact with them every day on the whole project. They came to us every time that we met, and we were on the phone with them multiple times because of a tight timeline that we had. We worked together even on the weekends. They were very available. They met every deliverable date.

They really listened to us and took what we were saying and came up with great options. Although we chose one, every option they gave us, at each step of the process, were all great options.

No, not a single thing.

Do you have any advice for a potential client of The Byne Group?

Looking at a resource like Clutch.co would have been good so we could get additional feedback. They provided some of their references, but we didn’t look at any external resources. Had we done that, it would have given us more peace of mind going into the project because we’d never used an ad agency before. They’re excellent. I’m really glad it turned out that way.

Logo Design for Philanthropic Organization

Their work exceeded our goals and expectations; they were organized and clear the whole time.”

Aug. - Sept. 2017

Due to a tight deadline, The Byne Group had to complete the entire design process in a month. The team outlined the timeline, presented numerous iterations, and relied on research to create a relevant logo.

New Jersey
Member, Impact100 Essex

The team’s patience and transparent workflow created a collaborative environment that resulted in a phenomenal end product. Even though the work was pro-bono, quality and attention to detail were not sacrificed.

I'm a steering committee member of Impact100 Essex, a membership-run philanthropic organization of women.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We needed a logo designed pro-bono since we’re a nonprofit. We also needed it soon because we wanted to reveal it at our launch event the next month.

Designing the logo was the main project. When The Byne Group started, they met with me and another member to assess our organization, our desired message, our objectives, and the overall look and feel of the logo and its intended impact. From there, they established a timeline so we could all be on the same page. If they ever hit a snag, they would ask for our input to make sure they were correctly interpreting the purpose of our organization.

The whole process was very smooth. They provided three logo options, in black and white, and then we chose which we liked best. After that, they came up with a few colored options, and we selected the final design.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

A mutual colleague referred us.

They worked pro-bono.

The project lasted from August to September of this year.

They did a great job understanding our organization and translating that into the logo. People in the organization love it.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very open about the process and how it all worked. I’d never worked with a company like this before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but they were professional, good communicators, and good listeners. They created a fantastic product in a short amount of time.

There's nothing they could have done differently. They did a perfect job.

They were generous enough to do it pro-bono.

Design and Branding for a College

"I found them to be really professional, really responsive, creative, and very easy to deal with."

Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017

The Byne Group turned a university’s static yearly newsletter into a modern, engaging pamphlet. The pamphlet contained photos and graphics and was visually consistent with other marketing collateral.

1,000 - 5,000 Employees

Poughkeepsie, New York
Communications, Liberal Arts College

The newsletter has been very well received. The Byne Group worked quickly and were easy to work with. They helped navigate the details of the project, such as appropriate photo resolution. The team was an all-around creative and professional graphic design partner.

Our college is a comprehensive liberal arts college. We have 6000 students both undergrad and graduate. I work as the special assistant to the president and focus primarily on communication projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We had a transition of presidents. Our previous president had been here for 37 years, and the new president wanted to change our style of communication. We had the practice at the beginning of each semester of sending out a memo to the college community talking about new developments and the different operational areas, awards, and accomplishments. Under the old president, this took the form of a memo that was 30-40 pages of text. The new president wanted to see if we could shorten the update and add photos and graphics to make it more visually attractive. We had also gotten feedback from folks in admissions and other areas that it’d be nice to have the president’s update a little more visually appealing to use it as a marketing piece.

We asked The Byne Group to help us take this memo in the form of a Word document and make it more of a newsletter with all of the graphics design that that entails. I would give them all of the content in terms of the copy, the photographs, etc. They would put it in a format that is visually appealing and consistent with the look on the website and our other collateral.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

I got the name from one of my colleagues here at the college who had worked at The Byne Group at a previous job. I think they had done some PowerPoint slides, or maybe a progress report document, or both. She said they did very good work for her and would probably be interested in expanding their footprint at our college.

How much have you invested with The Byne Group?

We spent around $3000 with them.

We started working with them in December 2016 and the project was finished February 2017.

People love the way the newsletter looks. We did the newsletter to mainly be distributed via email, but we also did some hard copies again for marketing purposes. We distributed some of the hard copies to some of the offices around campus and to some folks that do some external visits.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

I was very, very pleased. They were excellent to deal with. They were able to turn around the project in a timely manner. They were very helpful to me because this was the first time I was doing this type of project. For example, knowing what type of resolution I needed for photos, etc.

What did you find most impressive about The Byne Group?

I haven’t worked with a lot of graphic designers. I found them to be really professional, really responsive, creative, and very easy to deal with.

Are there any areas The Byne Group could improve?

Honestly, not that I can think of. I think it went very smoothly. We’d definitely consider them for future projects, and I would definitely recommend them to colleagues that were looking to work with a graphic designer.

Overall Score I’ve had no problems or challenges at all. I obviously have a lower level of expertise on graphic design than they do, and so they were very helpful in helping me to understand some of the issues like resolution for photos, etc.
    They were right on top of it.
    My sense is The Byne Group probably came in with a lower bid than they normally would have offered because they wanted to get our business. I thought the price was excellent and fair for the services offered.
    The final product looks very good. It required a lot of imagination on their part because we were literally just going from a text-based memo to something a lot more appealing visually.
    I’d definitely recommend them.

Branding and Web Development for Community College

"We’re totally satisfied with The Byne Group."

June 2016 - Ongoing

The Byne Group developed a visual and conceptual brand for a community college.

New York
VP of Partnerships, Community College

The Byne Group's work was completed on time and on budget. Their communication stood out.

I am the associate vice president of academic and community partnerships at a 2-year comprehensive community college.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We’re working on a unique, grant-funded project that required us to create a brand and a marketing plan. It went beyond the sort of messages that we as a college are used to delivering. When we wrote the grant, we said we wanted to use an external for-profit agency that had this kind of consumer experience, which we don't have.

We’re creating a brand-new concept that we had to refine and brand. We also had to look at who we were marketing to, how we were going to touch them, what messages we wanted to deliver, and how we were going to evaluate our success. That’s where The Byne Group came in. They branded us and created both a conceptual brand and a visual brand that we think is successful. People see it and they understand it. The Byne Group has helped us create print materials, a website, and a physical space that are all branded. They’ve had some role in training activities that we’re doing.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

I knew Ann, who is very active in Rockland County public life.  Her firm has an excellent reputation for doing creative work.  Her firm was on a Rockland County list of approved vendors of marketing services which allowed us to contract with her without a formal bidding process.

How much have you invested with The Byne Group?

We expect to spend about $70,000 over the next three years for services from the Byne Group.

The project began this past summer, so around June of 2016. We have a 3-year grant, so there are deliverables over 3 years and we’re just in the first year. By the way, The Byne Group could have done all their work in the first year if they could, but I had to spread their work out over 3 years because of funding restrictions. If it was up to them, we’d be done.

Thus far, everything they’ve done for us has been really good. We already have traffic in our centers and the people we’ve served are staying in school, which is huge. We’re a college, so we really didn't launch this until September and we’re at the end of our first semester. The project is going to take some time to build. So far, we’re on track with what we had hoped to achieve by now. We think it’s only going to build from this point forward. We’re at the end of our first year, budget-wise, and there are 2 more phases, but I have no reason to believe they won't be successful.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re really good at project management. They keep us on a timeframe but they’re not obtrusive. I’ve worked with project managers who are tyrannical; The Byne Group is not. They do keep you on track, but they do it in a nice way. When you're dealing with government and higher education, that’s a challenge because we tend to be slow and behind schedule. They’ve kept us on schedule and they’ve done it in a way that hasn't caused any friction.

What did you find most impressive about The Byne Group?

They’re easy and comfortable to work with and they’re really good communicators. They get the work done.

Are there any areas The Byne Group could improve?

At this stage of the game, none.

Overall Score We’re totally satisfied with The Byne Group. We’re looking forward to working with them in the next 2 phases of this project. My hope is if opportunities come up in the future, that we’ll be able to work with them again.
    They’ve met every deadline, so I couldn't give them anything less than a 5. In fact, they’ve probably been ahead of schedule.
    You get what you pay for. They are not the least expensive provider, although they’ve been generous with this particular project. What you get from them is definitely worth it.
    Everything they've done has been intelligent and well executed.
    If someone with a marketing challenge asked me if I had a firm to recommend, I would say, “Among others, you should definitely call Ann Byne.”

Web Design for Social Non-Profit

"I am always impressed with The Byne Group."

2009 - 2015

The Byne Group reworked the design and the content of an out of date website. 4 years later, they revamped the site to make it mobile-friendly.

Yonkers, New York
Toni Volchok
Executive Director, CLUSTER

The website was very well received. The Byne Group's professionalism and overall great work stood out.

CLUSTER Community Services is a non-profit social service agency in Yonkers, New York. I am the Executive Director.

We were looking to update our website. It was the first time that we worked with them.

We had a very out of date website. They worked with us, of course, on design but also on content. We offer 45 different types of services and programs here, and it was a bit overwhelming for us. We had a lot of information, but we didn’t have it in a form that could just be placed on the website, so they worked with us for quite a period to get everything the way we wanted it. Mostly that was because the people who had to work on it here weren’t available just to knock it out. I appreciated the patience that they had with us very much and the nudging that they did to make sure that we got to where we needed to get. They did all the content with us with our input and also the design.

Then, four years later, we realized that now it was really necessary to have a website that was mobile-ready, so we worked with them again. That was simple because they told us what they thought they should pull out of our website, what would look best to appear, and they were absolutely right on all of it. They did that for us as well, so now we’re mobile-ready as well.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

I met Ann Byne. She was presenting a workshop for the United Way; I guess it was about social media. During that time, I found that her company worked on websites. We had them come in, and they gave us a presentation on the kinds of services they would offer.

How much have you invested with The Byne Group?

We did several projects with them. We did the redesign of the website. Then we did the mobile-ready thing. We also did a really big project with them on literature that we created for one of our programs that we wanted to market. I think one of the things that we were attracted to about them was that they were willing to work with us on the price. If something was a little bit out of our budget, we negotiated it down, which was very helpful. The website was around $10,000, maybe a little bit more. The mobile-ready was well under $10,000, under $5,000 probably. The literature was probably between $5,000 and $7,000.

The last time we worked with them was 2015 for the mobile-ready, so that was very recently. I think the first time we worked with them was probably around 2009.

They entered an ad that they did for us about one of our programs in a sort of competition for non-profits, and it won a W award. That also allowed it to be placed in the local county newspaper, so we got a lot of feedback on that article. Some of those people who were attracted to it didn’t know we provided these mediation services and actually became clients, and some people became supporters of the organization.

We got a lot of positive feedback when we changed our website, most of it probably because the old one was so bad. Ours is user-friendly, so we have people who come to our website because they want to sign up for mediation training, and they could do it all through the website. They’re really happy about that. We get a lot of positive feedback about the work that they’ve done for us. When you have people who are happy about those kinds of things, they come back and possibly do other things with you, or they support the organization.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. I’ve worked with a couple of different people because from the first project to the second, some of the staff had changed I guess. You always get a little nervous when you work really well with somebody and now there is somebody else, and it’s just as good. I think Ann does a really good job of hiring talented people because I haven’t had a negative experience. I would say I probably worked altogether in all the different projects with probably five or six different people, and they’ve been great. When I say five or six different people, it’s not that they’re changing all the time; it’s that with the website I think we had a team of three, and then with the mobile-ready, I had another team of two.

What did you find most impressive about The Byne Group?

I am always impressed with The Byne Group. Byne does a newsletter that comes out, and it’s all about marketing and similar things. I think that really sets them apart. They are professionals in every sense of the word. We’re considered a smaller non-profit; our budget is $5.4 million. Unfortunately, with the kinds of budgets that small non-profits have, you don’t get to interact with those types of professionals very often. It was a pleasure that we were able to use somebody of that caliber.

Are there any areas The Byne Group could improve?

I don’t think so. That’s why we kept going back because we were really happy with them.

Print Design for Non-Profit

"Byne's responsiveness and professionalism certainly stand out."

Mar. - Sept. 2016

The Byne Group designed information packets. They also were in charge in designing their client's letterhead and business cards.

Rockland, New York
Project Assistant, Rockland 21C

The completed information packet had a great design, met their client's needs, and was on budget and on time. Their internal and external communication were pointed out as strengths.

I am the Project Assistant of Rockland 21C, a non-profit which supports 22 Family Resource Centers (FRC) in 8 Rockland County School districts. Our organization provides funding and professional development. We also identify and suggest new strategies and models, connect to national models, promote planning and accountability, and foster inter-district sharing. Family Resource Centers provide student development, family support, family and community engagement, and early childhood development programs. The FRCs support children and families by connecting them to information, resources and services.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Byne Group?

We wanted to put together an information packet that explains the scope and impact of our work. These packets would be distributed to school superintendents, school board members, community-based organizations, government agencies, and potential funders.

The Byne Group worked on those information packets. Each packet contained fact sheets about the Family Resource Centers and the Parent-Child Home Program. We also included data sheets about program implementation and referrals each year, presented using narratives and graphs. The packets had samples of the FRC outcomes as well as contact information. In addition, The Byne Group designed our letterhead and business cards.

How did you come to work with The Byne Group?

The Rockland 21C Administrator, Rebecca Christner, saw The Byne Group present at a Leadership Rockland meeting. She was impressed by the presentation and the work they showcased, so she reviewed their website. Rockland 21C Board members who were familiar with the Byne Group had very positive things to say, which was why we hired them.

How much have you invested with The Byne Group?

The overall cost of the projects was approximately $4,000.

The initial information packet project was prepared in March 2016. Then we had the Byne Group revise our letterhead and create our business cards from June 30, 2016 to July 5, 2016. Recently, we updated one data sheet and created another new sheet in the info packet. This update was done from August 26, 2016 to September 1, 2016.

The completed information packet had a great design, met our needs, and was on budget and on time. We have a very small staff of 2 people, so it’s priceless to know we can count on Byne to provide an accurate estimate. I also found the Byne Group to be exceedingly responsive, thorough, professional and accommodating. The Byne Group listened to our design suggestions and provided suggestions of their own. They reviewed the information we provided and asked relevant questions when something did not look correct or clear. They were constantly making sure they understood what we were trying to communicate with the documents they were creating. We also had ample opportunity to review and revise the documents before they were finalized. It was a very collaborative experience.

How did The Byne Group perform from a project management standpoint?

The workflow within Byne was seamless, with excellent internal communication. Different people were working on our project but they were all knowledgeable about it. Byne had an incredible response time and kept us abreast of the work as well as any clarification needed. If the person I was contacting was not available, someone else would get back to me within an hour.

What did you find most impressive about The Byne Group?

Byne's responsiveness and professionalism certainly stand out. They do what they say they are going to do. Frankly, many companies do not do that. I am always able to get an answer, get clarification, get an estimate, get guidance, etc. They are truly willing to respond to a client’s needs.

Not really.

Overall Score We have had a wonderful overall experience working with The Byne Group.
    They are always very clear about how long a project will take. Their estimates have been completely accurate.
    They have never deviated from an estimate, and the value is tremendous for our organization.
    The quality of their work is excellent.
    We would definitely recommend The Byne Group and we already have done so.