Helping emerging brands to position and grow.

We create compelling brand experiences using our expertise in web design, video, branding and digital strategy.

Consultation and collaboration guide our design of customized solutions that empower clients to achieve sustainable success.

2004
Philadelphia, PA
  • Brolik
    990 Spring Garden St., Suite 301
    Philadelphia, PA 19123

MLS Players Association, Comcast, Alex's Lemonade Stand, Houwzer, Everlast, Rehab Financial Group, World Travel, Inc.

Branding and Web Development for Aviation Service Company

"They have a “can-do” attitude."

July 2017 - Ongoing

Brolik providing brand services to identify a new name. They then built a new website based on the set brand guidelines. In addition to research and analysis, the team delivered drawings and wireframes.

Hawthorne, California
Joe Marotta
CFO, Encompass Aviation LLC

The site’s high traffic numbers benefit the brand its growing name recognition. The team uses a variety of communication tools to work diligently with minimal supervision.

I’m the CFO of Encompass Aviation LLC, a small airline offering service throughout California.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brolik?

We needed branding and web development services.

We wanted to build name recognition and use the website to support that goal.

The team had a great reputation and was located near our headquarters.

Brolik built our new website after they identified our name and build the brand guideline. We had several calls to develop ideas. The team then created drawings, wireframes, and other tools that supported the final product. Services have included research, comparative industry analysis, and media tools.

Their team included the CEO, an account executive, and a developer. Our team included the CEO and CFO.

Web traffic is higher and we are now well-positioned to introduce our new service.

We communicated via conference calls, calendar invites, and Zoom screen sharing sessions. The Zoom sessions are interactive and helpful.

They have a “can-do” attitude. The team works hard to achieve the right result without needing us to micromanage.

They are a great company. We hope that they’re positioned to grow and assume more recognition of their own.

They're easy to reach whenever we need them.
    We get great value
    We always get a great result.
    We would easily recommend them.

Rebrand & Craft Redesign for Sports League

"The work we’ve done together has made me even more confident in the work we plan to do going forward."

July - Dec. 2017

Brolik coordinated a full organizational rebrand, complete with a new logo, mission statement, vision, and tagline. They implemented elements of the rebrand during the development of a new Craft CMS website.

11- 50 Employees

Bethesda, Maryland
Nic Darling
Director of Digital Strategy, MLS Players Association

Player engagement with the new website has increased, and their response to the rebranding is overwhelmingly positive. The project’s success has led to discussions of building a corresponding mobile app. Brolik was diligent in learning more about organizational values and providing smart solutions.

I am the director of digital strategy for the Major League Soccer Players Association.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

We were looking to rebrand the organization, and we were looking to build a new public front-facing website to reflect that brand.

Starting with the rebrand, we held a large introductory meeting with both of our teams. Following that, there was a significant discovery period where they interviewed all the major internal stakeholders, including a number of our players. Brolik reported on those results in another large meeting. From there, they crafted several iterations of a new logo, a new tagline, a new mission statement, and a new vision. We went through several phases of reviews and feedback until we came to a final piece. At that point, they provided us with branding documents that included all the materials we needed to start to implement the brand.

The process was somewhat similar for the website development tasks in that we started with another exploratory meeting. We decided that we would transition our site from WordPress to a Craft CMS. During this process, Brolik worked more directly with me in terms of building wireframes, determining features and functionality, a phase of visual design, developing a beta version of the website, and then, finally, launching it. We were looking for a way to highlight the content we’re producing around players in an effort to reflect the work they do off the field and after they leave the sport to help build their brands and inspire young players.

We’re working directly with a core group of three or four people, but they have a larger development team that we don’t interact with much. The digital marketing senior account executive is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

Brolik made it on the list of firms I considered because I met them years ago and was familiar with their work. I was interested in working with them, but I didn’t have a project come up until now to provide that opportunity. Through the presentation and proposal process, they really stood out.

We started working together in July 2017 and completed the projects in December 2017. We are currently in talks with them to develop a player-directed mobile application.

We've had a considerable increase in traffic due to the content we're able to deliver on the new site. The brand has been well-received by the player pool, which is probably the most important feedback. Their response and engagement with us online has increased considerably since the rebrand.

Part of the rebrand was developing a different strategy for content delivery, and we've improved the types of things we're producing. That's an ongoing process, but it's certainly gotten a lot better. The visibility of the brand is a lot better as we produce things for the players to wear or carry around with them and replace what was a really dated look.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is where they really impressed me. They were organized, transparent, and interactive. From my perspective of wanting to be hands-on and understand what was going on pretty regularly, they were willing to keep me included. Part of the reason why we also selected them to build the website and why we’re now building a mobile app with them is that we have a healthy working relationship with them.

There are not a lot of trade associations or unions for professional athletes. And there are not a lot of agencies that have a pre-existing understanding of that space. Brolik, however, asked the right questions to the right people and did the right research to understand who we are, what we do, and where we want to go. They were able to provide a visual understanding of that and a lot of guidance on how we deliver that message to our members and to the public.

If you’re going to start a project with them, you’ll be well-served by opening up your organization to them as much as you can. They thrive off a deep understanding of the client that they’re working for. If they have it, they can provide a lot more value than I think a lot of other firms are able to.

Overall Score The work we've done together has made me even more confident in the work we plan to do going forward.
    They have been reliable in terms of adhering to timelines.
    I think we're getting very good value for their services.
    Everything came out in a way that the entire organization is happy with.
    I have already recommended them.

Online Marketing & SEO Development for Finance Company

"Their communication skills are excellent."

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

Brolik provides a 360-degree online marketing service including SEO, sponsored placements, keyword development, web development, and targeted email marketing.

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Susan Naftulin
Managing Member, Rehab Financial Group, LP

The online marketing Brolik delivers increases the business's volume and online presence. Prompt and responsive, Brolik consistently promotes a streamlined workflow. Their ability to listen to feedback to create optimal solutions is impressive.

I am a managing member and co-founder of a small, niche mortgage-lending company that started in 2011. We lend to investors buying distressed, residential investment property to rehab, sell or refinance, and hold as rentals.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brolik?

Initially, we engaged Brolik to assist us with online marketing having no idea what that entailed. We have been doing business with them for five or six years, growing from a small startup that lent in five states, to now, a larger company lending in 15 states.

We wanted to build our business through our website and SEO. We wanted to bring in additional contacts and customers. Our secondary goal was to develop a more approachable and user-friendly website.

Initially, I interviewed a number of similar companies that were recommended by my colleagues. Jason Brewer (CEO, Brolik) impressed me with his knowledge and enthusiasm on the subject matter. As a startup, we wanted to partner with another small company who prioritized our account and Brolik met that requirement.

Brolik handles all of the company's SEO, online marketing, sponsored placement implementation, directory management, and targeted email marketing. Their team suggests improvements and curate our web content by including keywords in our articles. They also provide web development when needed and offer recommendations on communicating with third parties.

Initially, I worked directly with the CEO. We now work with an account manager and their supervisor, as our companies have grown. In addition, I work with their creative and programming teams as needed.

Our business's volume and online presence continue to grow.

There are never any issues regarding workflow. At the beginning of each initiative, a schedule is set, and both sides adhere to a prearranged schedule, which is sometimes revised through mutual agreement.

Their communication skills are excellent. Whenever a question is asked, they answer it promptly. If a follow-up is required, they deliver it within a reasonable amount of time.

We had some differing opinions over the years, but we were always able to discuss issues and create reasonable solutions.

Overall Score There are less expensive vendors that doe this sort of work, but I suspect that in this case, you get what you pay for.

Digital Marketing & Web Design for Real Estate Startup

“I have been very happy with their communication, goal setting, and organization.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Brolik works on digital marketing for a real estate startup. After beginning with brand discovery and identified target demographics, the scope grew to include copy, design, and assistance with social strategy.

Tyler Walton
Director, Houwzer

The team is the well-integrated digital marketing arm of the company, working on a range of projects as needed. Their work ensures the company reaches its target customers in the right tone and style. They are organized, skilled, and thorough, setting expectations for their deliverables each month.

I am the director of growth marketing of Houwzer, a real estate startup that is looking to reimagine the home buying and selling experience. We use technology and a team of salaried realtors to provide full-service, on both sides of buying and selling, and save home sellers money by not taking a listing commission.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

Brolik were brought on before I started with the company. The CEO and COO were going to manage the agency and wanted to outsource marketing to have flexibility and expertise. They wanted brand discovery and a lot of customer development and discovery, to really understand who our target customer is and how to communicate to them. Currently, I am in charge of managing the agency, as well as my internal team.

I view them as my digital marketing arm. They are an end-to-end full-service digital marketing agency and we use them for anything we think is worth their time.

They initially worked on the brand discovery. We then had them create a lot of our messaging, copy, and design, as well as create our website. We launched it about 2 months ago, and it has had a huge lift on page SEO and conversion. I am always testing the messaging on Facebook to see what customers think is better. It is constantly evolving, but I think we have a good foundation from what they did with our website.

We had another agency doing social, who were in place before I got here. I brought social over to Brolik as I trusted them more. My manager does the posting, but they create the strategy. It is a very collaborative process, and even though they are an outsourced team, we work together closely and I am always asking them for feedback, which I am always open to.

I have a day-to-day account manager and a senior marketing strategist who is very knowledgeable and someone I turn to for ideas and reviews. One of the co-founders wrote a lot of the messaging and copy for our website, which in turn we use for a lot of our campaigns.

They are a very tight-knit team, and everyone is involved. It seems that they have a great culture, which shows in the quality of their work.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

The relationship had started before I came onboard. Our CEO and the CEO are well networked in Philadelphia and might have known Jason [CEO of Brolik] from networking or a referral.

Around $90,000.

I believe it began in January 2017 and the work is ongoing.

Brolik identified our customer personas and their motions: something they call “the moments of change”. We are trying to get inside our prospects head, as buying and selling a home is an emotional time. As we are a tech hybrid start-up, they identified us to go after more of the 35–44 demographic. They also identified a secondary demographic of 50–60.

Because of this, we had a nice foundation where the company understood who their target market was. The messaging on the website and the customer communication had evolved us from tacky startup messaging into a real company that is more trustworthy. All of our competitors are national brands, and we are not, and they have never heard of us so it is a huge challenge in marketing to get people to trust us. When people see our higher quality design, it definitely helps us come across as a more trustworthy company.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed really well. Especially now that we have brought social into their realm, we chat a lot via Slack. It is tough when they’re not in the office on a daily basis. They obviously have other clients, but I have been very happy with their communication, goal setting, and organization. They are definitely more organized than I am and help set expectations about what they think they can get done this month. They are planners, which is a good balance for us, as in the startup world you are constantly doing a thousand different things.

They are very thorough and really get it. A lot of agencies may not offer ideas. It can be really tough for an agency to integrate into a fast-moving company because they are not here every day and are working limited on hours every month. However, there is no doubt that everything is very well thought out with them. They don’t miss things, and they are very detail oriented.

We are so limited on retainer hours with them every month, so sometimes it feels like they plan for too long. For example, they set up a spreadsheet for testing, which is important, but the balance on how much money we spent on retainer hours and how much the spreadsheet drives the company forward perhaps doesn’t make sense. I have full control of what they work on, and I did ask them for that particular sheet; however, they can almost be too thorough at times.

Digital Marketing for Small Mattress Retailer

"They’re a really solid, reliable, and trustworthy agency, which is not very common these days."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Brolik created marketing assets, including videos, photos, and web content, for a mattress retailer. They also facilitated search and social media advertising on AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram.

Alvaro Vaselli
Founder, Nuvanna

Since hiring Brolik, the company's sales have doubled and its social media marketing has become much more effective. The team distinguished themselves with their reliable deliveries, transparent communication, and honest estimates. They produced exceptional value on a flexible payment model.

Nuvanna is an online mattress retailer. We make our mattresses and distribute them all over the US and Canada. We get pretty much all of our sales via direct consumers on our website and some on Amazon. I’m the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

We were trying to make sure we had the best digital experience for our customers via our website and social media. We also wanted to ensure we were reaching the right audience with the right message, at the lowest possible cost for acquisition.

There were two phases. The first phase of the relationship was to create new assets that were more aligned with our overall branding message. They created some videos and photographs, and we then modified our website to incorporate those images and messages so that we could better communicate with our audience.

After that, we started focusing mostly on paid social media and paid search. They created ads for us to use with Google AdWords and also with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, some of our other key social channels. They also helped create a TV campaign and radio ad that we used as an experiment because we’re not doing that on an ongoing basis.

I work very closely with Jason Brewer [CEO, Brolik.] He spends his time not only managing the team, but he also assists on the creative side as well as the strategy side. Their next most active team member from is Bryce [Senior Marketing Strategist, Brolik.] Bryce pays attention to the analytics, social ads, and Google ads.

We occasionally work with Alex [Creative Director, Brolik] but he is more on the creative side, ad creation, and website design sides. He was the one that created the different landing pages. Finally, when we need to have something specifically related to the website, we work with Jason [Senior Account Executive, Brolik.]

These four individuals are the ones that we work with the most. Their total team is about 12 people. We have at least weekly calls, and sometimes even more frequently, with Jason and Bryce.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

The first time we got in touch was around July of last year. I was searching for digital marketing companies in the Philadelphia area, but I was a startup and we hadn’t even fully started our business yet.

Our initial conversation went well, but Brolik wasn’t the right fit at the time because we were too new. Jason and I kept in touch. He kept watching what we were doing and we reconnected around April of this year.

I had already launched the website. I had launched our branding campaigns and different social media programs. We didn’t have the right traction from a sales standpoint. He and I connected to see how things were going, I shared some of our challenges as we continued to ramp up and by then, it was a better time to reconnect and engage.

As a startup, it’s difficult for us to have a lot of cash other than the cash that we use to promote and create ads. Jason was very open to a revenue-sharing model or some kind of success compensation program where they’re basically paid by performance. They invest the resources to get us to the point where we perform, and as we sell more, they earn more. It works very well for us so far.

We have spent between $30,000 and $40,000.

We started working with them in May 2017 and they’re still working with us.

Our sales rate has basically doubled since we started engaging with them. Also, our social media is much more effective. They are somewhat connected, as we are doing most of our sales through paid social media and advertising.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

They did very well. Initially, we were trying to find the best way to communicate and report. Because we’re a startup, we don’t necessarily demand a very structured feedback loop because things are relatively fluid. We ended up implementing some structure, including weekly calls with reports, actionable takeaways, and results.

They’re on time with their deliverables. I didn’t have any issues related to delays or overspending or anything like that. They are typically within the range of estimates and expectations that they provide.

I don’t really have a good reference point because I haven’t worked with many companies in Philadelphia. Number one, which is very important to me as a CEO, is they are very reliable and trustworthy people. They say what they can and can't do. Jason is a very down-to-earth, grounded person so he’s not an overpromise, underdeliver type of person. What he commits to doing, gets done. He manages expectations really well.

The most important thing for me in the very beginning was the willingness to work in a different compensation model. He implemented something that works for them and me, and to me, that’s a differentiator.

No. They’re a really solid, reliable, and trustworthy agency, which is not very common these days.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

In general, my experience with other social and digital marketing companies is they tend to say they can do everything, but they really can’t. Typically, those companies are good at something, but not at everything. My advice, which was a hard learning process for me, is that you really need to dig deeper when you’re researching those companies and talking to them to really find out what they’re good at. Sometimes, that requires conversations with other customers that have worked with them in a certain capacity.

Overall Score They are the right partner for us based on where we are right now, and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
    Despite some slip-ups, for the vast majority of deadlines, they were on time. There is a little bit of room for improvement.
    I know they’re charging me less than the amount of time and energy that they’re putting in because of the model that we agreed on, so it’s a very good investment.
    They are trustworthy and deliver on promises. They don’t overpromise.
    They are trustworthy, reasonable, down to earth, and they deliver on their promises.

Digital Marketing for Math Club

"Brolik has a real sense of the needs of people who are trying to grow a business in the digital age."

Brolik first created a promotional video for the client and was then asked to create a series of training videos. They also developed a new website and have helped with various marketing efforts.

Owner, Trapezium Math Club

Brolik's videos and marketing efforts have contributed to the client's growth as a company. They are in tune with the latest digital trends and are very easy to work with.

I am the owner and CEO of the Trapezium Math Club.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

Initially, I approached Brolik because I needed to make promotional videos. We also wanted to improve the videos that were part of the learning resources on our website.

Initially, Brolik produced a video about what our program does with children. At the time, I wasn't sure how I wanted to use the video. They did that, and we realized that we could use it to make some promotional ads. The video is now on our Facebook ad and our home page. We also made a longer one about the history of our company. I share that longer video when I work with schools. Brolik did such a great job that we went on from there. I had a number of training videos that needed to be remade so that I could offer them to teachers on our website. From those videos, Brolik made a series of videos on our website. Schools now use them in their classrooms when they work with kids. That's how we started – then it evolved.

Brolik developed our website and did marketing for us. They did digital marketing and some direct mail. I have a very specific clientele and demographic. These are parents who are interested in developing strong math skills in their elementary kids. We serve particular ZIP codes, so Brolik did some targeted direct mail and then Facebook ads for us.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

I did Google searches. Then, I interviewed companies to take on our video production. Brolik just seemed the most forward thinking and progressive in how they approached our projects. That's how I hired them.

How much have you invested with Brolik?

We've spent $50,000 to $200,000 on our projects with Brolik.

We've had a relationship with Brolik for several years now, since 2011 or 2012. We're still working together, and their involvement has evolved quite a bit.

Our video and our advertisements were the most successful things that Brolik did for us. We just started running the ad, in fact. I wanted them to make a newer one on Facebook a few weeks ago, using content that they developed for us. We are getting some good metrics. It's been a very good relationship that has definitely resulted in our company's growth.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

Brolik did very well in terms of project management. They have people on their team that handle different areas. I often send them a list – this is what we need or this is what's going on – and they're very quick to respond. They have the expertise in-house, so I know that it'll be taken care of. They're wonderful that way.

What did you find most impressive about Brolik?

Brolik has a real sense of the needs of people who are trying to grow a business in the digital age. They have their finger on the pulse of that. That was clear when I was interviewing companies to begin with. There were many companies that came up pre-social media, and they are now trying to adjust. I feel that because they were born around the same time as social media, they have a better understanding of the requirements. I think they're wonderful in that regard.

Are there any areas Brolik could improve?

I don't have any negative comments about them.

They meet them regularly.
    There are some things that I think are appropriate for the value. Then, some other things I think are a little bit high.
    Much of it is related to figuring our communication skills.
    I’d say 4 only because cost is an issue. I always recommend them. I think they’re great.

Digital Strategy and Design for Website Overhaul

"The Brolik team is a collection of brilliant individuals. I'm grateful that they were able to work on that IA part of our project."

n/a

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Brolik performed user research and developed a comprehensive, personalized model of the client's website with accompanying wireframes.

Pennsylvania, United States
Content Developer, Hair Replacement Manufacturer

Brolik's thorough research and investment in the project resulted in an extremely high-quality product. The client is grateful to have worked with such a talented, dedicated team.

I am a senior content developer at a company that manufactures hair replacement systems for people suffering from hair loss.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

We're going through a complete overhaul of our branding and our website. Initially, we were looking for somebody to do the architecture for our website alone. It's a huge website, and there are hundreds of pages on it. Historically, people have a hard time navigating it because there's so much information. Just to give you a sense of that, right now we have 60 pages of educational content. That number's moving to 400 pages. That's just in addition to the other content on the site. It's pretty vast. We needed somebody to help us understand customers, user paths, and how to best navigate through our material. We came to them with the desire to do a lot of personalization and segmentation on the site. We wanted to utilize technology to do that. We were also torn about splitting our website into two: for men and for women. In the end, we decided not to do that. Brolik helped us make that decision, and we tried a different approach.

Let me preface this by saying I wasn't involved in every single part of the project. I was involved in most of it, but I could miss a few things. Brolik originally handled target segment profiles for us. They did a lot of research on the male and female personas of our different customer types and fleshed them out. That gave us a better direction in our marketing efforts and how to best develop the site. We also moved into a new content management system that utilized a content API [application programming interface]. It also had personalization and segmentation. Also, we asked them to develop a comprehensive model and site map for all that content. Those were the major deliverables. In addition, they developed a number of wireframes for us. At this point, they've done more than 50 wireframes, and I think that there's quite a bit more that they have to do. They're not moving forward with us on the development of the site. The architecture stuff that they did was such a huge project in and of itself. It was a very deep project and very in-depth. We didn't start the development of the site.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

I can't speak about that because I wasn't involved in the selection process.

I think it began at the end of January 2016. We're still not done with the project.

The biggest piece of the project that Brolik put together, the biggest deliverable, was the content model. I worked closely with them on that at times. There was so much content to deal with, but Brolik did an impressively thorough job on the content model. Brolik distilled it down to all the minutiae that we would need to create content effectively and efficiently. I've never seen anything like it. It's a very comprehensive document that I know took them many months, much research, and much revision to put together. I appreciate that as it's something that they've put much effort into. Many other companies would definitely have glazed over it quite a bit. Brolik used that content model to start building a wireframe so everything is consistent across the board.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

I think that they did a great job from a project management standpoint. We fell short on our end because we had several project managers transition during that project. The Brolik team was able to keep tabs and manage things when we were struggling a little bit on our end. I worked with them quite a bit on that stuff. There are so many moving parts to this project. They didn't ever drop the ball as far as that goes. I think on that end, the project management was excellent.

What did you find most impressive about Brolik?

I was very impressed with their work on that content model. I told them that as well. I also think that the research that Brolik did on the target segment side – on the personas – was impressive. Our industry is complex and unique and not many people know about it. When we work with an agency, we have to educate them. Sometimes, it takes quite a bit of time to get them to understand things. Quite frankly, the other agencies we worked with just don't get it. In contrast, Brolik worked very hard to understand our industry and did a lot of research. When they came back to us with the personas, we were very impressed because they were so close. We just made a few minor edits. It made us feel good that they understand what we're going for, and they understand our customer. They did that pretty much at the beginning before they did anything else. That helped them to have a good understanding of our customer and our industry, which carried through the rest of the IA project.

I've worked with many agencies in my career. My background, initially, was in design. I really felt that I had never worked with an agency that was just so comprehensive in the work that they were doing. For us, it was a little bit hard to keep up because they were giving us so much stuff to review at such a deep level. It was awesome. They're very dedicated to understanding the project, who their customer is, and who the customer's customer is. They have a really dedicated team of professionals there. The Brolik team is a collection of brilliant individuals. I'm grateful that they were able to work on that IA part of our project.

Are there any areas Brolik could improve?

From my experience with them, there was only one think that they needed to improve. When we got into the wireframe phase, I wish they had collaborated with us a little bit more. I think that some assumptions were made. We've had to deal with the most revisions on that part of the project. I think that's common with most agencies. I think that's how most of them typically work. We wished we had a little bit more communication and collaboration in the wireframe phase. That would have helped things go a little bit more smoothly.

Overall Score I would only take off that little half a star because, like I said, the wireframes were a little frustrating. Overall, they're a great team to work with and I would highly recommend them for sure.
    To my knowledge, they never missed anything.
  • N/A Cost
    I think they're very conscientious. They gave 100 percent to everything that they do.
    I would refer Brolik – for sure. I still have connections in the design industry in that area that I would definitely refer to them.

Branding for Martial Arts Equipment Retailer

"I was impressed by their positive energy and the good vibes you get from them."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Brolik was hired to help the client first to identify their target audience, and then to assist with rebranding efforts and logo design.

Lake Worth, Florida
Brandon Staires
General Manager, Ringstar Performance Products

Communication, positive energy, and access to the owners have been highlights of the engagement thus far. The client is looking forward to the results of the project and hopes to expand their partnership with Brolik in the coming months.

My name is Brandon Staires, and I'm the general manager of Ringstar Performance Products. We are a company that provides athletic products for the martial arts industry. In particular, we focus on making fully padded sparring shoes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brolik?

We had many different and new challenges that we brought to them. Our main challenge was finding our target audience and building brand awareness. We wanted to reach out to our customers via social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Brolik helped us get an understanding of who our clients are, where to find them, and how to reach them better.

Right now, Brolik provides two different scopes of services. First, they help us identify our target audience, who we would sell the product to. Second, they help us with brand awareness and brand rebuilding. It's almost like a rebranding, if you will. We're in the process of coming up with a bunch of different logos. We're in the final stage of that, like Plan T right now. Brolik is refining our logo and bringing it up to date with the 21st century. The goal is to look like a new, modern company on the website.

How did you come to work with Brolik?

I did a lot of research on the Internet and found many different companies. Some of them charged hundreds of thousands of dollars, which was out of our price point. It just wasn't working out. After doing about a month of research, I ran across Brolik. I gave them a call and spoke with a gentleman named Ryan. We went back and forth with emails and got good vibes mutually. We were able to set up a phone conference with Ryan Corcoran [business development at Brolik] and one of the owners, [CEO] Jason Brewer. They shared what Brolik had to offer. We definitely had a good connection after the first phone call. I felt that it was a company that we definitely wanted to work with. That's pretty much how I found them.

How much have you invested with Brolik?

Right now, we've spent around $30,000 in our project with Brolik.

I think we've been working with them for about two months now. We started this project around the end of February [2016]. The reason why that timeline has stretched out is because we have two things underway. We're examining different ideas and possible scenarios for working together. It would be almost, but not necessarily a partnership. Currently, we're on board as your typical client, and we've been very happy with that so far. It's been great. It took a couple of months to get where we are now.

That data will be 100 percent available in the coming months. Now, we're trying to gather information like customer feedback and website analytics. That data will improve how we target customers and get in front of them. I don't have too much yet because we just gathering up game plans for exactly what we're going to do. We've definitely stretched the Brolik team to the limits with our project. We've questioned them on some things and got them out of their comfort zone. Everybody's pretty good, pretty real, and honest. If somebody forgets to do something or if an email misses one day, everyone's held accountable. No one says, "Oh, Internet was down, this and that." They're handling things pretty well.

How did Brolik perform from a project management standpoint?

I would say their project management is pretty good. I communicate with [account executive] Steve Miller on a weekly basis, maybe two or three times a week. I also deal with [marketing strategist] Kierston Anderson, but I interact with Steve a little more. Primarily, we communicate via email. As far as project management goes, they keep me posted on what's expected and what's going to come. They set up our meeting schedule. Every one or two weeks, they'll set up a big meeting and gather people from both companies. We'll get on a phone call in big groups. Then, they'll report and go through what they've come up with so far. They're very informative and they definitely break it all down. Now, those meetings will happen maybe three to four times per task. In layman's terms, that will probably happen eight times. So far, everything seems to be on track, timeline-wise.

What did you find most impressive about Brolik?

I've had the chance to talk directly with one of the owners. That distinguishes Brolik from other providers. Then, we flew out there and had a meeting with all of the owners and everybody involved in our project. I was impressed by their positive energy and the good vibes you get from them. They know their stuff as far as technology goes. You definitely know you're dealing with a person. You're not dealing with somebody who's strictly business-oriented, although that is the goal. You're dealing with somebody who's personable. I would say that not only goes for the owners, but for their team as well.

Are there any areas Brolik could improve?

I would say there's always a little bit of room for improvement.

Overall Score We've had a lot of curveballs thrown into the mix. Like I said before, you're dealing with real people. They've got good vibes and understanding.
    So far, I haven't had a problem. We've been on track with everything that we've done.
    You're dealing with analytics and data. All that gets expensive. But, for what they have to offer, I would say you're definitely getting good value for your money.
    Brolik definitely has quality deliverables. They’ve provided quality documents so far.
    I'm definitely likely to recommend Brolik. They're just good people to work with.

Web Development for Airline Startup

“They were always on schedule and stuck to their original estimates.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

Brolik created a brand strategy for an aviation startup. With the new identity in mind, the team designed and developed a website.

Steve Harfst
CEO, Encompass Aviation LLC

Brolik met all expectations for the website in terms of both quality and deadlines. In addition to their organization skills, the team was professional, communicative, and innovative.

I am the CEO of Encompass Aviation LLC. We are a startup airline.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brolik?

We needed to build a company website.

We wanted the website to support our brand.

We spoke to several developers in the Philadelphia area. Ultimately, we chose Brolik based on their responsiveness, work experience, and references.

They created a brand identity for our company, then designed and developed a website that aligned with those values.

We mainly interfaced with a project manager, the CEO, and a team of developers.

We’re very satisfied with the new website.

Brolik managed the project very well. They were always on schedule and stuck to their original estimates.

I appreciated their professionalism, responsiveness, and creativity.