Digital agency empowering social+environment cause

We are a digital agency who partners with socially + environmentally conscious brands working hard to make a positive impact.

We’re a focused team that offers thoughtful strategy, creative design, and better development. Our goal is to deliver amazing websites that create value for you and better experiences for your users. We believe that every company has the potential to create real, positive change in the world, and we want to be there to help you accomplish that.

2019
Renon, Denpasar, Indonesia

Web Development for Milk Bank

"The team worked quickly and nimbly, and were involved in every aspect of the project, I thought of them as partners."

Aug. - Sept. 2019

Brave Factor developed and designed a mobile microsite for a milk bank. The site features a short five-question quiz and is promoted on Facebook ads.

Austin, Texas
Cat Nunnery
Marketing, Mothers' Milk Bank

The Brave Factor team delivers high-quality results on an aggressive timeline. They involve themselves in all aspects of the project to ensure a successful collaboration. The team is professional and honest.

I work for the world's largest non-profit milk bank. As their marketer, I'm focused on finding innovative, scaleable ways to expose new moms to our mission and motivate them to get involved as milk donors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brave Factor?

I hired Brave Factor to build a mobile-first microsite containing a simple, 5 question quiz. The microsite is promoted via Facebook ads targeting new and expecting parents, and the quiz takes them through a pre-qual exercise while exposing them to short and sweet educational info.

This microsite needed a mobile-first design. The quiz experience needed to be fast, simple, and fun for users. The intended result was to source new, high-quality (vetted) leads into our donor recruitment funnel. This project was an untested concept, so it also needed to be relatively cheap and easy to accomplish in order for me to get executive buy-in.

I initially worked with another agency to develop the concept for the microsite. That agency designed a prototype which they tested with 5 users who gave preliminary positive feedback. When I was ready to move forward with actually developing the final product for scaled use, that agency came in with a price that was 10X what we could afford. They recommended Brave Factor as an alternative vendor, and when Brave Factor came in with a scaled back proposal and much more reasonable price, I took the leap with them.

Brave Factor took the initial designs our previous agency had created, and brought them to life over the course of 6 weeks. This involved an initial kickoff to understand context and goals, then detailed wireframes of the ideal user flow throughout the quiz experience, and finally development and testing of the microsite. We purchased a domain to host the site,

I worked directly with two Brave Factor employees - the founder who project managed, and another employee who answered technical questions. Behind the scenes were several developers working on execution.

Since promoting this microsite via paid ads.

Brave Factor set a high-level (aggressive) schedule and kept me informed of progress via email. I did find that without regular check-in calls, I sometimes lost track of our status or my own tasks. This was a short project so it never really got messy, but for a larger scale project I would want a slightly more significant PM structure, such as a tool for tracking completion of tasks or a PM platform to organize all project-related communication and documents.

The team worked quickly and nimbly, and were involved in every aspect of the project, I thought of them as partners. They participated in design, led execution, did their own user testing alongside ours, and along the way advised me on strategy. They also advised us on setting up the site hosting and google analytics tracking. There was nothing I felt I couldn't ask them, and they were honest / up-front if I was asking for something out of scope.

Aside from my note about project management, I don't have any suggestions for improvement. Working with Brave Factor was a breeze compared to experiences with other, larger teams and I felt respected as a client throughout the project. I look forward to working with their team again.

Brave Factor's team is primarily located in Asia, so we communicated almost exclusively via email.
    Very reasonable cost, and they commit to one flat fee up-front with no change orders, which I greatly appreciate.
    The team worked quickly, but they also worked smartly - keeping an eye on our goals and questioning my decisions when necessary. Great partnership.

Web Design and Development for Nonprofit Organization

“They have a talented crew of staff.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Brave Factor provides design and development services, working on website design, print design, and ongoing website management. They answer new design and structural needs as required.

Amie Gosselin
Communications Manager, 10ThousandWindows

The newly designed and updated platform includes donation capabilities, allowing the non-profit to benefit from an increase in donations to support its work. The team is always responsive and manages the work carefully through a single contact, demonstrating their talent throughout.

10ThousandWindows is a non-profit organization that helps women and youth who have survived human trafficking, violence, and exploitation to gain workplace skills, education, and safe, well-paid jobs.

For what projects/services did your company hire Brave Factor?

We needed help with our website design, some print design projects, and ongoing website management.

To have a user-friendly and attractive organizational website that shares our mission and vision, with features to accept online donations.

They came highly recommended by other non-profit organizations.

They provide us with monthly web design and development services. As new design and structural needs arise, we communicate with Brave Factor and they help us determine the best course of action. Their developers and designers respond quickly, communicate frequently, and keep us in the loop on our projects.

There are several members, but we mainly work with one key person to ensure seamless communication. However, it’s good to be able to draw on the experience and diversity of the entire team.

As a non-profit, we rely on the charitable donations of generous individuals. Brave Factor enabled a fully functioning online donation system, which synchronizes with our donor management system. This level of integration has been important and impactful for our fundraising work.

The project management is effective. We work closely with our key representative to complete each project.

They have a talented crew of staff, and they’re also quick to communicate clearly, are empathetic, and always kind in their interactions.

None.

Rebranding and Web Dev & Design for Artist Platform

“Brave Factor continues to provide that type of high-level work that’s important in a development partner.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Brave Factor serves as a creative partner for rebranding and web redesign projects. The team used the existing logo to create a branding guide, and they redeveloped the site using various technologies.

Matthew Klahorst
Co-Founder, RAW:natural born artists

Brave Factor continues to provide quality development work while delivering on promises. Consistent and flexible, the team communicates seamlessly and operates with integrity. Their efforts to continually evolve and improve complement their professional management style.

I’m the owner of RAW:natural born artists. I also own Square M, a web development and consultation company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Brave Factor?

We decided to work with Brave Factor because we needed to redevelop and redesign our website. We also wanted to do a rebrand.

Brave Factor provided creative direction for a rebrand. They created a new branding guide based on our existing logo.  My team provided Brave Factor with documentation of how our website framework was put together, and they redeveloped it. The technologies they used included HTML, LESS/SASS, JavaScript, and HDL4 on the frontend and CodeIgniter, LAYEREVAL, PHP, and MySQL on the backend.

We worked with three developers, a creative director, and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Brave Factor?

I had previously known Lauren (Co-Founder and Creative Director, Brave Factor) and her work. I chose to work with Brave Factor for this project because they expanded their capabilities and proved themselves on another project.

We started working with Brave Factor in November 2018, and the project is ongoing.

I chose to work with Brave Factor and continue to choose to work with them because they deliver on their promises. They have a lot of integrity to do the right work and the right thing.

How did Brave Factor perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is good and only continuing to improve. We’ve had several meetings with Brave Factor regarding both the rebranding and redevelopment projects. Our main form of communication has been Slack and a project management tool called Teamwork.

No, we’re continually evolving and improving as we go. We always handle things with them right away.