It doesn't cost the earth to reach the world.

Based in the vibrant heart of Billericay in Essex, Bird Marketing have been established for 7 years. We are a small band of rebels, dedicated to bringing our customer’s business visions to life using all of the knowledge and experience that we bring together as a team.

Our priority is to deliver an exceptional service and we ensure that our staff are always striving to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Our main focus is on your return of investment and subsequently our success is based upon your success!

Our operating philosophy is simple, we stick to what we know and what we are good at! By doing this we can offer our customers a service that they can trust, knowing that the team have extensive knowledge in these areas.

Our three main services of Web Design, Pay per click and Search Engine Optimisation are all delivered using our proven processes to promote efficiency and reach our customer’s objectives. By using our processes we ensure that the best practices are followed by all staff which leads to the end product always being of the best quality.

The company policy that is observed by every team member is to be conscious of the environment and this is reflected in the way that we operate. Our hosting infrastructure uses renewable energy sources and our offices are paperless. We are constantly reviewing our suppliers and processes with the bigger picture in mind so that we can play our part!

• Bird Marketing Limited
    128a High Street, Billericay
    Essex CM129XE

Moda Minx, I Love Fancy Dress, Maze Rattan, Regis Mutual Management, A Oppenheimer & Co, Capital Computer Care

Web Design & Digital Marketing for Women's Fashion Brand

“We gained 10,000 followers within two weeks since they started working on our digital marketing.”

Bird Marketing designed the website, transitioning it from WooCommerce to Magento. They also manage the digital marketing such as SEO, Google Analytics, and social media. The relationship is ongoing.

Daniella Livingstone
Director, Moda Minx

The new website runs more quickly and brings great feedback from customers. Bird Marketing’s team is engaged, intelligent, and helpful, continuously suggesting improvements to build the business. This hard-working team is easily accessible at all hours and gives help quickly when needed.

I am the director of Moda Minx, a fashion brand in the U.K. We are quite well-known and have a strong following on social media.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bird Marketing?

Previously, we worked with two or three people who weren’t interested and pretended they would deliver more than they did. After seeing Bird Marketing’s work, we realized our previous developer wasn’t that good and what we hadn’t been getting.

Bird Marketing switched our site from WooCommerce and designed our new site in Magento. We constantly change the website to try and make it better. Additionally, they take care of our SEO, Google Analytics, and social media.

We work with around eight or nine people who help us, and Phil is my main point of contact. The employees on our side speak directly to his team members.

How did you come to work with Bird Marketing?

Three people I know from other local businesses referred them to me. They are well-known now.

We have spent around £20,000 ($28,056 USD).

We began working together in 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

The website is really fast. Many customers email us and tell us how much they love the new site. We also gained 10,000 followers within two weeks since they started working on our digital marketing.

How did Bird Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

If we want something done, it is done within an hour and if it something urgent, they are on it right away. We recently had a problem with our shipping, and they fixed it before the deadline.

Everything they do is impressive. Phil [Managing Director, Bird Marketing] continuously suggests improvements to everything. For example, we have a large following on Instagram, but business was slow for about six months due to the Instagram algorithm changes. Phil told us what we were doing wrong and changed it for us. We went from gaining 1,000 followers in four or five months to gaining thousands of followers in a short amount of time.

Their company is amazing. Phil is such a nice person and the staff is brilliant. They go beyond what needs to be done and exceed expectations in what they offer us. They work around the clock and will do anything for us at any time of day.

No, they are brilliant.

Make sure you find the right partners to work with. It is really important that the design company you are working with have the same enthusiasm as you do toward your brand in order to help you grow it. If you are just another customer on their list, they aren’t going to help you. But, if they look at your brand and you see they want to help you the way that Phil’s company does, then you will definitely succeed.

I have already referred them to five people.

Digital Marketing & SEO for Fancy Dress Company

"It’s been great from a local level as well as a national level."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Bird Marketing Ltd. worked on digital marketing and SEO optimization for a fancy dress company. The company wasn't converting online leads from their site into sales, and wanted to improve online revenue.

George Nesnas
Director, I Love Fancy Dresses Ltd.

Bird Marketing was meticulous in their planning and execution of a digital strategy to improve the company's online business. They had an efficient support ticketing system that allowed the client to receive quick responses whenever a problem arose. The companies have an ongoing partnership.

I Love Fancy Dresses Ltd. is an e-commerce company in Essex in the UK selling fancy dresses. We deliver about 300,000 parcels a year worldwide but mostly within the UK. I’m the director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bird Marketing?

We are massive Amazon and eBay sellers, but we weren’t very good sellers on our own website. Where we would send 300,000 parcels a year, there were 260,000 going out from Amazon and eBay sales and 45,000 coming from our website. For us this was scary because what if eBay would kick us off or Amazon would sell fancy dresses themselves, we won’t be left with our own. It never felt like our own business. We reached out to Bird to improve our brand awareness in the market and improve our website sales.

The first thing they advised us to do was clean up the website SEO-wise. We needed to make sure the site was SEO friendly and readable for the search engines. In phase two, they made a big effort in making sure we weren’t wasting any connections we already had. We have a big relationship with ITV here in the UK. We provide a lot of costumes for their TV programs and for different productions they put on. We weren’t gaining anything from that until Bird came to us and pushed them to have backlinks to our website on their website which actually got very considerable rank after they did that. Our sales started growing right away after Bird took over.

At first, I was a bit skeptical about SEO. They were very helpful in explaining and showing us what they were going to do first and then implemented the changes when we were happy.

There were five or six resources that assessed the website and kept us educated about the process. There was one person working on the home page, one who would work with the on-page SEO, one who dealt with resizing imagery, etc. They all had their different specialties. There were three or four that we spoke to regularly. Jake Alder, one of the developers, was really helpful.

How did you come to work with Bird Marketing?

Bird is quite a name in our local area. There are three big agencies in the area. I was very skeptical to go to an agency because I heard so many stories of them taking your money and your rank on Google not really being increased. I got recommended by a friend and I decided to do some search on Google. They were coming up very highly on Google for some of the things I wanted to do including on-page SEO cleanup and how to grow my rank with my keywords. I was doing local searches because I wanted someone I could go and meet in person. That was a big thing for me because I was so skeptical.

We spent £4,200 per month on SEO. There have been add-ons where I asked for development of some things that weren’t involved with the website. There were additional fees for those projects.

We started working with them in September 2016. Our initial agreement was a 12-month contract but they never held me to that. They told me it was an ongoing process and hoped I was happy with what they were doing. The relationship is ongoing. We’re still working with them now, and we’re very happy.

They got us to page one on Google for the keyword wholesale fancy dress. Before that, we had no sales in our wholesale department. Our wholesale was all based on phone out sales. We now see sales of between £4,000 and £5,000 per month from our whole section of our website. We now rank on page one for adult fancy dress questions. Our sales are up 50% year on year on the website. In the local area, our local brand recognition has grown massively.

There was a time I would say where I work and people would ask if it was a certain store. I would say, “No, we’re over here.” Now I say where I work and people say, “Oh, I know you. I’ve seen you on Facebook or Google.” It’s been great from a local level as well as a national level.

How did Bird Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They did very well. What I found amazing was how they architected the whole thing before we began. Before anything was changed, it was written down and planned, and I knew every single step and change that would be made before it was done.

They have a really good ticket support system. I really hate these systems where you post a ticket and no one gets back to you for 24 hours. I want to talk to someone on the phone. They said we could phone them, but they also wanted us to try their ticket system. I post a ticket, and within 10 minutes, I have a response where I know someone’s working on it and that they understand it. Within an hour or two, there’s a response, and if it’s not fixed 100%, they let you know why. Their ticketing system is second to none.

The ticket support system was what impressed me the most. I’ve dealt with a lot of companies before and you’re just a number in line. Bird treats that ticket system like the clock is running and they need to keep moving to get on the tickets right away. That meant a lot to me because I was skeptical going into the process. It’s nice to know they’ve got your back. They’re a really friendly company. You can call them whenever you want. They’re always happy to answer your questions. They make it jargon free for someone like me who’s not SEO or technically minded. They cut out all the long words and explain what they’re going to do.

They could be a little cheaper. Their price is higher, but the service they offer is high as well. I’m not knocking their price because they have delivered tenfold. They are the high end of the market.

The cost is high, but the value is good.
    I have recommended them.

Web Dev & Design for Mutual Firm

"Bird Marketing was very good at pointing out better ways to do things ... It was solution focused."

Nov. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Bird Marketing developed and designed a WordPress website from scratch for a mutual management company. They were tasked with executing a complete online rebrand for one of the client's existing mutual firms.

Digital Marketing Manager, Regis Mutual Management

While the brand overhaul is still ongoing, the client is extremely satisfied with the design of the new site. The universal praise stems from Bird Marketing delivering under tight deadlines, as well as their ability to improve upon initial concepts.

Regis Mutual Management manages a number of mutuals, providing insurance for organizations and individuals. I’m the digital marketing manager responsible for the marketing relating to building websites, online advertising, and social media for mutuals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bird Marketing?

I reached out to Bird Marketing to build a new website from scratch for a rebrand that we were doing for an existing mutual.

We outsourced the brand and development to Bird Marketing. We had brand guidelines that Bird Marketing needed to follow with part of the brief. We use WordPress for all of our websites, making it a prerequisite on our brief to continue using that platform. We took care of the marketing. We had some initial conversations with them and then we had two developers working on their side after that.

How did you come to work with Bird Marketing?

When I joined the company, Bird Marketing was already appointed in a contract with us for website maintenance.

How much have you invested with Bird Marketing?

Our investment was less than $10,000.

The project started in November 2016 and was completed in February 2017. The website has launched.

The website has been live for a month with the rebrand launching only yesterday. For the last month, we have been setting up the SEO, marketing, and beta user testing. There has been positive feedback from the company all around. Everyone is really pleased. It’s a step change for the company.

How did Bird Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Bird Marketing performed really well. We had some tight deadlines, and they turned things around quickly. I’m impressed with that.

What did you find most impressive about Bird Marketing?

Bird Marketing was very good at pointing out better ways to do things. When I brought something in, they would suggest why it wouldn’t work out in the best way with valid reasons and recommended better ideas. It was solution focused.

Are there any areas Bird Marketing could improve?

Coming in towards the end of the project when we were snagging, there were a few details that Bird Marketing missed, but it was nothing major.