WordPress Web Design & Development Agency

Ask the Egghead is a full-service WordPress web design and development agency.  An Egghead will help you develop ideas and projects, transform your organization, and grow your business.

Boston, MA
  • 129 Newbury Street, 2nd Floor
    Boston, MA 02116
  • 415 L Street NW Suite 843
    Washington, DC 20001

Simple Technology Solutions Image

Simple Technology Solutions

Web development and design project.

Explore Ukraine Image

Explore Ukraine

Startup site for travel group promoting site seeing tours throughout Ukraine.

The Development & Construction Partnership Inc. DCPI Image

The Development & Construction Partnership Inc. DCPI

Complete redesign of luxury home builder website, including video sliders and promotional videos detailing the builder’s commitment to quality.

Web Development for Travel Directory Site

"We are still building our directory but directory respondents have tripled in the first 60 days since launch."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Ask the Egghead, Inc led the website development of a travel company. The team built a mobile responsive and engaging website, successfully reducing the bouncing rate of first time visitors.

John Cramer
Manager, Explore Ukraine Co

Ask the Egghead had an agile development process. The team was swift and produced an amazing project. They also provided a webinar training on using and managing the backend of the site. With their outstanding service, the client decided to hire them again for SEO and maintenance.

I am the Office Manager for the US office of ExploreUkraine.co. Explore Ukraine is a travel and tourism promotion web site for the country of Ukraine.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

We needed a site that was extremely fast and responsive on all platforms. We had experienced several mishaps in our prior site development project and we turned to Ask the Egghead to help us build a site that was extremely fast, mobile responsive and engaging.

A faster more responsive site that increased engagement and reduced the bounce rate of our first time visitors.

We put out an RFQ and received quotes from a little over a dozen organizations and we chose Ask the Egghead because of their reputation, price and estimated time for project completion.

The team at Ask the Egghead redesigned and redeveloped our entire website from the ground up, the entire project took only 4 weeks to complete.

I dealt with Steven May mostly and he managed the entire project including a webinar training at the end on how to utilize and manage the backend of the site.

As I previously stated I worked solely with Steven May and he managed the project entirely, delegating work within his team after discussions with me and my team.

The speed at which they were able to perform the work and get the project completed. Literally the site unfolded before our eyes as my team as provided a staging site to follow the agile development process.

Absolutely none. They performed amazingly and the project was completed within our predetermined budget. We have stayed with them for SEO and maintenance since our launch.

Overall Score Steve and his team are amazing.
    Extremely easy.
    Within our budget.
    Incredible proficient.
    Absolutely and I already have.

Web Development for Health & Fitness Plaform

"They listened to my goals and thought about the future so the foundation to grow was established from the beginning."

Feb. - June 2020

Ask the Egghead, Inc. developed a website for a fitness and healthy lifestyle company. The team built and designed the WordPress site and provided site hosting and maintenance.

Westminster, Massachusetts
Founder, Baobab

The new website is nice looking, easy to use, and mobile responsive. Ask the Egghead, Inc. provides clear communication and effective collaboration to establish a smooth workflow. The team is talented, hard-working, and driven.

I am the founder of Baobabfit.com, a fitness and healthy lifestyle website with directory listings and information to help consumers live a healthier lifestyle.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

Full design and development within WordPress, hosting and website maintenance.

Have a robust website as a foundation to launch and to grow in future.

I searched online for best website design and Ask the Egghead was part of a list of the best designers that I found on a google search.

Website development and design using Divi template with a listings plugin. Complex website because involves listings but also information and a number of plug ins. The website is the business so it had to be done right. Includes reviews capabilities, dashboard, ecommerce, subscriptions, and much more.

I worked directly with Steve only.

The website is really nice looking, easy to use and responsive for mobile. It has most of the functionality we needed to start and the foundation is there to grow. It checks all the boxes that we were looking for to have a successful launch.

We used google drive to share large files. Steve was very responsive and we communicated by email and zoom calls.

They were able to accomplish so much with a limited budget. They listened to my goals and thought about the future so the foundation to grow was established from the beginning.

I would say perhaps using a communication platform like Slack in the future instead of email, but small detail.

Overall Score Looking forward to working with them again.
    Easy to communicate with and always available.
    Great value! I feel like I got a lot of functionality for the money.
    Quality work, they know what they are doing.
    Yes and will use them again for different projects.

Website Redesign for Caregiving Nonprofit

"The most impressive thing about this company is that it's very professional, flexible, and prompt!"

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Ask the Egghead, Inc. redesigned a nonprofit's website to have a cleaner look. Besides restructuring the content, they also added new features such as an admin portal for internal communications.

Dexter Allen
Exec. Admin, National Alliance for Caregiving

A creative team, Ask the Egghead, Inc. executed to expectation. The site became an invaluable resource for caregiving information, and all stakeholders praised the new design for its professional feel.

The National Alliance for Caregiving is an advocacy and research organization. Advocate and do research for caregivers that do not get paid. I am currently the Executive Administrator and Special Assistant to the President/CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

We hired "Ask the Egghead" company to provide our website with a new look and face. To provide a cleaner look and easy to navigate. New features were also added, such as portals.

Our goal is a new face and design be create for the website, easier to navigate, allow our members, board, and staff to communicate through portals.

We requested proposals from three different vendors and Ask the Egghead came out on top and selected.

They redesigned, restructure, participated in various meetings, collected input and information from our team, and suggested easier and better ideas for the website, and launched it.

We had a team of 7 on staff and I was the lead. Each would provide information and what they wanted exactly for their department associated with the website. Ask the Egghead, Inc. did all the work and design.

The impact that this project had on the business was well received. The project was done professionally, in a timely manner, and with great skill. Our Board of Directors, Members, and Constituents provided rave reviews on how professional and great the website looks.

Since we are a caregiving organization, the public has been gravitating to our website for information even more. My President/CEO is very happy with the work completed of the project and shares it often.

Project Management was arranged through me and Ask the Egghead. We keep in contact on daily basis, scheduled meetings either twice a month or as needed, set up final reviews, and used Zoom Meeting platform to review the website.

The most impressive thing about this company is that it's very professional, flexible, and prompt! Their creativity is on point.

No improvements needed at the moment. I do suggest hiring additional skilled webmasters, because if they continue to provide such excellent work in future, they will be in high demand. I will definitely referred this company to others.

Overall Score Tens across the board, well fives in this case, since it's the highest.
    Flexible and always available.
    We should have provided additional money, especially with the work done and they dealing with my staff.
    Professional and high quality, as well as used the best info, graphs, and pics,
    Most definitely will refer.

Web Design & Development for Ethiopian Restaurant

"The new site has been a complete success."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Ask the Egghead, Inc. designed a new website for an Ethiopian restaurant. They worked to deliver a clean, device-compatible platform that's seamlessly integrated with third-party ordering sites.

Falls Church, Virginia
Meaza Zemedu
Owner, Meaza's Ethiopian Cuisine

Ask the Egghead, Inc. delivered a stellar website with backend functionality that spreads menu information to various social media outlets and channels. The client has seen a 60% increase in orders made through their website, which has effectively lowered their Open Table reservation costs.

Ethiopian owner Meaza Zemedu’s Meaza Restaurant, Cafe and Gourmet Grocery Store have been featured in such press outlets as the Washingtonian and the Washington Post was born of humble roots. Meaza Zemedu started her business by supplying local Ethiopian stores with her home-baked injera bread, a crepelike staple of Ethiopian cuisine.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

Create a new website that connected with all of our online ordering apps and all of our social media platforms.

To get a clean fresh website design that worked perfectly on mobile devices. (80% of our users are on mobile devices)

I requested a bid from 4 different companies and this company had the nicest portfolio of prior completed work.

Ask the Egghead designed a new website complete with backend connectivity to all of our social media profiles allowing for a single point of content dissemination for all new menu items, etc. As well as backend connectivity to all of our online ordering apps and online reservation system

The team was comprised of Steven May, handled our entire project from start to finish. He is the sole point of contact for our ongoing maintenance and social media management as well.

The new site has been a complete success. We have seen a 60% increase in the number of online orders via click through from our site. And our Open Table reservation costs has dropped by 25% due to website visitors clicking on our link vs. navigating through the open table app.

Steven May Jr was my sole point of contact, from proposal to design and development and all the way to maintenance and social media management he has been my sole contact point with Ask the Egghead.

Their portfolio and follow through. Steven is incredibly efficient at communicating and following up with us.

Not for me. the entire process has been extremely issue free and I am very happy with the results.

Overall Score Incredible, you never regret using them for your web site or your social media management.
    The project was completed within the time estimated within the proposal.
    It was well within my budget and I am happy with the end result.
    The site has been a huge success.
    I have already referred several other vbusinesses to Ask the Egghead.

Website Launch for Air & Heating Company

"They were fast and understood exactly what they needed to do in order to get the outcome I was looking for."

Apr. - June 2019

Ask the Egghead, Inc. delivered a website on WordPress for an air and heating installation company, focusing on streamlining UI/UX and connecting accounting software using custom APIs.

Frostproof, Florida
Michael May
Managing Owner, MPM Air & Heat LLC

The new website led to a 60% increase in online bookings and drastically increased efficiency, cost-saving, and productivity. The Ask the Egghead, Inc. team took the time to listen to their client's business challenges before developing the solution.

Owner Operator of MPM Air & Heat LLC. MPM Air & Heat is your best choice for your new air conditioning installation service in Central Florida. We use the very best and well-respected brands and provide the most efficient and cost-effective solutions for your new air conditioning system.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

Design and deploy a new website that would help us reduce the number of people a customer would have to talk with in order to get a service appointment scheduled.

I fresh, clean looking website that encouraged engagement and decreased the number of prospects that would call to set an appointment by showing them a digital, faster solution for booking an appointment.

They were referred to me by a mutual party. A vendor I subcontract for had used Ask the Egghead to develop their website and were very happy with it.

They built a new website for us using WordPress and then installed a scheduling plugin that they were able to connect to our accounting software using a customized API and Zapier. The entire system hands-off information to our field employees (via text) and our accounting system seamlessly.

I dealt mostly with Steven but also had interactions with a few of the content writers as we were cleaning up content from our old printed materials for use on the site.

The 60% increase in online bookings. Before this 100% of our customer service appointments came in by phone. This required live people to be available to book appointments 24/7. Now we refer clients to our website to book appointments. the shift in our internal dynamics has been incredible and represents a significant cost savings and increase in performance.

The project was managed according to the time schedule they provided with the original proposal. Everything from the design concepts to the content migration went as planned.

No, I am extremely happy with the project and it has resulted in a 60% in the number of people who book their appointments online vs. calling in.

Overall Score Simply a stellar group of folks who deliver on what they propose.
    The provided a schedule with the origianl proposal and stuck to it.
    The cost was more than reasonable.
    The design is incredible and works so well.
    I have already referred them to several other sub contractors we use and my previous employer.

Web Development for International Relations Nonprofit

"At every step of the way, they demonstrated that they truly care about our satisfaction with the results."

Dec. 2017 - Dec. 2018

Ask the Egghead, Inc. developed a website for an international relations nonprofit. Their team also designed the website, created a logo, and oversaw the site's launch.

Adrian Karmazyn
Advisor, U.S.-Ukraine Foundation

The new site has received positive feedback from customers and been widely shared on social media. Ask the Egghead, Inc. communicates effectively with quick response times to ensure a smooth workflow. The team places customer support at the forefront of each project.

We are a non-profit focusing on strengthening U.S.-Ukraine relations. I serve as a special advisor for strategic communications and development.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

Designing and building a new website.

We needed to have a new, stylish, authoritative-looking website that would be attractive and easy to navigate for our visitors and easy for use to post stories on.

Through a chance personal acquaintance.

Designed, built and launched a new website, including a new organization logo and new logos and graphics for our major programs.

One person.

We had many supporters comment on how impressed they were with the new website. And the ease of posting our stories and then sharing them on social media brought us a significant increase in likes and interactions--thus notably boosting our impact.

Project management was excellent with frequent communication and quick response time to any questions that arose.

At every step of the way, they demonstrated that they truly care about our satisfaction with the results. They provided patient tutoring on how to publish on the website and cordially answered all our questions about how the website would operate. We felt extremely comfortable with the website design and launch process and are very pleased with the way it turned out.

Everything was great!

Web Development for Automotive Restoration Company

"The team offers amazing guidance on best practices."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Ask the Egghead, Inc. has created a WordPress website that integrates with a CRM, social media profiles, and various backend systems.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Marshall Waddell
Founder & Owner, August Precision

The website has grown the social media audience by more than 115%, decreased bounce rates by 35%, and made sharing updates an effortless task. Ask the Egghead, Inc. brainstorms creatively and delivers tasks promptly. Their responsive, helpful attitude is invaluable.

I’m the founder of August Precision. We're dedicated to providing the finest automotive restoration services and giving every vehicle the attention it deserves.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

We hired them to redevelop our website, add backend functionalities, and integrate with our CRM, accounting system, and mailing list.

We wanted to achieve seamless functionality and communication between our feeds and disseminate information consistently to all our social media platforms.

Ask the Egghead, Inc. had excellent references and a list of completed projects that mirrored our goals.

Ask the Egghead, Inc. rebuilt our website from the ground up using WordPress. They also linked the site to our social media platforms and backend systems, including our CRM and accounting system. Now the website serves as the foundation for all our new content.

Their CEO leads a team of developers, social media consultants, and API programmers who contribute to the success of our projects.

Our social media audience has grown over 115% in the past nine months, and the bounce rate on our website has dropped by 35%. Now we can automatically and simultaneously disseminate content across all our social media platforms.

Their project management is effective and efficient. We have a single point of contact for all our inquiries and concerns. When we need input, the CEO pulls his team together and hammers out plans.

I appreciate the consistency of their communication and feedback. They stay on top of the project, driving us to meet the completion date. The team offers amazing guidance on best practices.

No, their communication and feedback are always excellent.

Overall Score They deserve the highest rating.
    They maintained the schedule they put forth in their proposal.
    The cost was commensurate with the work performed and fit perfectly within our budget.
    Their entire staff and their quality of work are amazing.
    I'm highly likely to refer business to them.

Website Redesign for Construction Management Firm

"They kept in touch with us every step of the way."

Aug. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Ask the Egghead, Inc. designed a new website to replace an outdated version. Services included content migration, along with the migration of an electronic quote system. They uploaded photos and videos.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Joe Parisian
VP Field Operations, The Development and Construction Partnership Inc.

Client engagement with the new website has quadrupled within two months, and it’s proved a useful tool for sales and project tracking. Expect Ask the Egghead, Inc. to follow a seamless management process and communicate with ease.

I am the vice president of field operations for the Development and Construction Partnership Inc., an award-winning construction management and consulting firm that provides comprehensive construction services and luxury home building services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ask the Egghead, Inc.?

Our company website reflected a lot of stale, older content that was displayed poorly and was not responsive to mobile devices. We hired them to completely redesign the website in a way that would provide our visitors with an amazing digital experience, no matter what kind of device they viewed it on. We wanted to incorporate faster page speeds as well as significant photo and video content additions.

We wanted a new website that would present all of our relevant content in a concise manner, but would also involve many new graphical features that would reflect the quality of our construction techniques.

I searched online and through several referrals from partner organizations before selecting Ask the Egghead, Inc. They had great references and they had several sites they had completed in the past year to show me what they could do.

We completed scrapped the old site. Ask the Egghead, Inc. created our new site and incorporated a significant number of photos and videos to tell our story in a visible way. They migrated over 25 pages of content from the old site to the new. They also migrated our quote system to use new web forms, so our field managers can complete the form and ask the client to electronically sign on an iPad in the field. All documentation is electronically submitted back to our accounting department for billing.

Steven (Chief Egghead, Ask the Egghead) handled the entire project from beginning to end. From time to time, we spoke with graphic designers and a few content resources, but he was always our primary point of contact.

Over the past two months, our client engagement through the site has quadrupled. Our field managers now reference the site when discussing upgrades to current projects, drastically reducing the time involved. The new forms for the quote system have also streamlined our sales process.

Steven did a great job of staying on top of his team. They kept in touch with us every step of the way. The workflow and the transition from the old site to new site, including content migration, went off perfectly.

Their communication was impressive. I knew I could contact them at any time, and they always responded right away.

No, we’re completely satisfied.

They completed the project within the estimated time in the proposal.
    The pricing was incredibly affordable.
    They delivered an incredible-looking site.
    We have referred them to many of our partners already.