Connecting and Protecting Business Since 1994

Andromeda Technology Solutions provides full IT Support/IT Managed Services, Phone System, Website/SEO development, Access Control, Security Camera, and Integrated Office Security services for small to medium-sized businesses in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. We believe technology should just work - simple as that.

Our team works daily to help our clients get more out of their technology to increase productivity, get rid of constant break/fix issues and to provide proactive guidance for technology in the office. In today’s fast paced world, it’s important to work with a partner you trust. We’ve spent the last 25 years serving professionals across many markets, and we specialize in supporting legal, financial and medical environments. Our IT-centric services concentrate on proactive service/maintenance, disaster recovery/data backup solutions, cloud support, and enhanced network security for small to mid-sized businesses.

1994
Lockport, IL
  • 16624 W. 159th Street, STE 600
    Lockport, IL 60441
  • 420 South Clinton St., STE 619a
    Chicago, IL 60607

Your Size: 10-250 employees

Your Location: Greater Chicagoland metro area and NW Indiana.

Your Culture: We look to work with stable, growing organizations with a proactive view towards the technology that supports them.

You: You recognize that an IT partner with the experience and expertise to quickly address emerging issues and strategically plan and budget will make a powerful impact on your organization's efficiency and growth.

Managed IT Services for Construction Firm

“They’re willing to work in whatever manner is best for their clients.”

Nov. 2010 - Ongoing

Andromeda Technology Solutions provides a variety of ongoing IT support services that include server management, phone system support, hard- and software installation, and security system implementation.

Homer Glen, IL
Samantha Johnson
VP of Operations, GT Mechanical

Andromeda Technology Solutions helps improve system stability and reliability. They’re a team of dedicated and responsive experts. They’re very service-oriented, adjusting their workflow to better accommodate their clients. Overall, it’s been a smooth, collaborative, and valuable partnership.

I’m the vice president of operations at GT Mechanical. We’re an HVAC contractor.

What challenge were you trying to address with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

We needed an outsourced vendor to provide IT support and services.

Andromeda Technology Solutions provides ongoing IT support. They manage our servers, all 30 of our workstations, our office phone system, and our cybersecurity efforts. The team is responsible for installing new hardware. They order, set up, and program each system. They also implemented a building security operation with connected key fobs.

In addition to their core support services, they’ve also helped with migration initiatives, disaster recovery and system backups, network monitoring, and multiple cloud-based projects.

Our main point of contact is our account coordinator, who heads a team of technicians.

How did you come to work with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

The company partnered with them before I joined. We continue to work with them because of their high-level customer service skills. Over the years, we’ve built up trust with their team.

We spend about $1,200 a month. It’s an all-inclusive price, but we pay additional fees for hardware installations.

We started working with them in 2010, and it’s an ongoing relationship.

They keep our business up and running, making sure we stay online. If we ever crash, they provide quick solutions and install new hardware as soon as possible. For example, about two years ago one of our servers fried. Within two hours, they set us up on a virtual machine so that we could maintain our work pace. They provided new hardware within four days.

How did Andromeda Technology Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management skills are excellent. They have a proactive approach to communication, reaching out on their own to follow up if they don’t hear back from us. Generally, I email the team of technicians, and it automatically creates a work ticket, but for urgent matters, I call our coordinator.

I really appreciate their customer service. They’re willing to work in whatever manner is best for their clients. When we call, we’re able to speak to a real person instead of being sent to a voicemail box.

I can’t think of anything right now.

Clients should enter the partnership with an open mindset. They should listen to Andromeda Technologies Solutions’ ideas and suggestions. Their staff is bright, and they really know what they’re doing.

IT Consulting and Cloud Migration for Manufacturing Company

“I can turn to them if there’s a situation I can’t handle. The biggest benefit for me has been that peace of mind.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

Andromeda Technology Solutions supports an IT department for two sister companies. They shepherd hardware and system upgrades, provide after-hours support, and assist large-scale projects.

Chicago Metro Area
Systems Admin, Manufacturing Company

Andromeda Technology Solutions has overhauled most of the network and greatly improved connectivity. They’ve maintained a cohesive team and bring a personal touch to their interactions. They are straightforward, communicative, and informative.

I’m the system administrator and head of IT for two sister companies within one building and on a shared network. We manage our in-house servers, databases, and general IT needs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

We’re a small IT department, and wanted a team to help with projects outside of our skillset. We were facing some system and hardware upgrades and wanted assistance.

When we first started working together, we were on a small business server and exchange that supported our email. We had outgrown it, so they helped us transition to Office 365 in the cloud. They made that process completely seamless and moved everything off our old server.

They regularly help with any upgrades and we often ask their opinions on changes we’re considering. We go to them for any big projects we have. When we replaced a lot of our old server hardware, they made recommendations and helped with migration. They do implementations and any big fixes that we can’t do ourselves. They also help us with 24/7 support for both businesses.

We have one product manager and a tiered group of technicians. We can escalate issues as we need and have worked with the same group of people since we started working together.

How did you come to work with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

We wanted a local team that we could have a close relationship with. We liked their technological expertise, their security feature options, and their web knowledge. We interviewed a few companies, but they were a perfect fit for us. They had the same family-owned feel as our business and they stood out as the right choice.

We’ve spent upwards of $100,000, including their services and new hardware.

We started working together in March or April 2016. It’s an ongoing relationship.

I’m much more relaxed as our IT point person. I can turn to them if there’s a situation I can’t handle. The biggest benefit for me has been that peace of mind. Our overall network performance is much better with them managing it and their expertise helps with our hardware purchases.

They’ve overhauled almost every aspect of our network. We had a really substandard wireless network that they’ve fixed to be as reliable as our wired network. It’s great to be able to move around our building with a variety of devices and maintain a good connection as we move.

The technicians we work with use their own internal documentation. I have an account manager and a good relationship with my initial contact at Andromeda. I can speak with either one of them and our communication is good. If I have any problems, they’re always upfront and open. They keep me informed.

I like the personal aspect of who I’m talking to. We’ve had the same people work with us throughout our partnership with them. The technicians know me and know my business. That’s a huge benefit.

No. I’ve been with them long enough to witness a few changes in their process, but those seem to be settled. I like their new team structure.

I don’t have any recommendations.

If there are ever scheduling issues, I’m usually the one that slows them down.
    Their quality is good but there is always room for improvement.
    I would happily recommend them.

IT Support for Investment Management Company

“Andromeda successfully delivers reliable IT support as needed–they get each job done without any issues.”

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Andromeda provides IT support as needed, including setting up cameras, equipment, and wireless networks for various properties.

CIO, Sterling Bay

Andromeda's technical support is reliable and timely. Each task has been performed without any issues thus far. Despite the complexity of some networks, their ability to problem solve and provide a range of IT support sets them apart.

I'm the director of information technology for Sterling Bay, a property investment development and management firm based in Chicago, Illinois.

What challenge were you trying to address with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

I was looking for additional IT support to assist us with various tasks, from setting up camera systems and networks in buildings to troubleshooting network equipment and providing some desktop support.

Andromeda provides ongoing IT support, which has included setting up wireless networks for about eight different properties, providing wireless internet connection for both our staff and the residents of those properties. They've also set up, designed, and implemented entire networks at our property, including switches, firewall, and ISP routers.

The director of sales and client retention is my main point of contact, but I also work directly with network engineers and help desk staff.

How did you come to work with Andromeda Technology Solutions?

Our telecom broker recommended them to us.

We've invested around $500,000 thus far.

I've been working with them since around August 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

Andromeda successfully delivers reliable IT support as needed–they get each job done without any issues. We haven't experienced any network down time as a result of any of their work.

They're very responsive and accessible. Whenever an issue arises, I usually hear from someone on their staff right away. We use a ticketing system and generally communicate through email and phone for each project as needed.

Whatever we need, they get it done. Some of our properties have highly complex networks, but Andromeda has been able to work through every challenge, sourcing other vendors as needed.

Their costs are competitive with others on the market.
    I've recommended them to others in the past.