We build impactful brands.

We help underdogs and challenger brands build impactful brands.

We are a digitally-focused branding firm based in Maine. Tucked away from the noise and the hype, we focus on the fundamentals of building successful businesses: strategic thinking, hard work, and honest results.

Through beautiful design and innovative digital marketing plans, we bring brands to life and help them flourish.

Lewiston, ME
    Windham, ME 04062
  • Anchour San Francisco, CA 94016
  • Anchour Portland, ME 04101
  • Anchour Boston, MA 02101

TaskRabbit  I  Apple  I  Terrasoul Superfoods  I  Kate Farms  I  Baxter Brewing  I  Sappi  I  Bosch  I  Garth Brooks  I  Sony  I  Samsung  I  Visit Portland  I  Brathwait

Marketing & Branding for Certified Public Accounting Firm

"They were very conscientious of timelines and the need to stay on schedule."

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Anchour provided a full marketing and branding service to create a modern look. They redesigned the logo, website, and various collateral while preserving the historical color scheme.

Dan Chasse
Managing Partner, Chasse & Co.

Overall SEO performance improved significantly. It takes time but recent data shows sizable jumps beating the competition. Their research also yielded helpful insight into the advertising space. Although was unfamiliar with specific industry nuances, they successfully captured the new brand’s intent.

I’m the managing partner for a CPA firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

We needed to address marketing and branding.

They laid out a scope of work for the frontend, aiming to have a foundation website that would be deployable for future digital marketing. Anchour provided varying options to get the brand identity and place; they utilized several in-house individuals to identify proper verbiage and establish the firm’s identity. The team rebranded the old logo and other marketing materials–keeping our traditional color scheme – and redeploying them as more modern iterations.

The team had four people and included the SEO, president, and senior strategist.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

They had a footprint in the local market. Anchour’s attention to detail also stood out from other firms we looked at. The team delivered a good presentation that thoroughly explained the scope.

We spent between $20,000–$40,000.

We started working with them in November 2017 and ended in March 2018.

Our SEO performance has improved and is now closer to optimal levels. We’re also starting to cultivate the database and analytics, which will inform future evaluations as we gear up from the launch over the next 12 months.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very conscientious of timelines and the need to stay on schedule. Whenever our team encountered a delay, Anchour reached out to ensure everything was on track.

Their research provided showed how potential feeds or advertising are received. While I don’t have a benchmark to compare them to, our progress with SEO suggests future success with digital marketing.

Their team has historically captured product centered companies. We felt that the service sector would be challenge to them, but after they got a hold on our organization, they were able to really enhance our image in this digital world.

Set clear expectations at the start of the engagement. That level of clarity will maximize results and get realistic timelines and benchmarks.

Overall Score The industry piece was the most challenging. But once they were able to see it through and understand it, they captured it.
    They were on schedule despite delays on our side. The team had to accommodate our seasonality, but could’ve been more sensitive to it.
    They’re very market competitive with costs at appropriate price points.
    It was a learning curve, but they provided a quality comprehensive package despite their unfamiliarity with the industry component.
    We’ve already referred them.

Branding & Logo Design for Credit Union

"We’ve only gotten positive feedback on the multiple digital campaigns. I have nothing negative to say about them."

Feb. - Oct. 2017

Anchour designed a new logo and branding guide to support a string of digital campaigns. They created product collateral and consulted stakeholders to maintain consistency with colors, font, and tone.

Maine
Nicole Mailhot
VP of Marketing, Dirigo FCU

The digital campaigns received noteworthy praise. After scaling their team, Anchour delivered timely results and quick turnarounds in a timely manner. The team’s diverse range of skills helpfully supplemented existing knowledge gaps.

I’m the VP of marketing and business development for Dirigo, a credit union.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

We wanted a new logo and a new brand.

They first met with our management team to identify our needs and goals. Anchour then conducted secondary meetings with staff to figure out the company and our overall vision for the project. The team also surveyed our local membership base to see how people perceived our organization. Afterwards, Anchour presented different ideas based on this information.

In addition to the new logo, they produced a brand guide with colors, font, and tone for our culture. That project led to new projects with Anchour serving as an external marketing firm. The team created product collateral for our various branches and consulted with outside architect and branding firms that supported our new location opening.

We worked with the CEO and COO before transitioning to a project manager, who liaised between us and the design team.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

We wanted a local vendor that knew our customer demographic and Anchour’s web content distinguished them from the larger firms we considered. When I sent an inquiry, the COO responded within 10 minutes.

We spent approximately $50,000 on the original project and invested more on a separate web redesign project.

We worked with them from February–October 2017. However, there was a three-month gap in the timeline because of my maternity leave.

We’ve only gotten positive feedback on the digital campaigns. I have nothing negative to say about them.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

Their company grew considerably since the start of the engagement. The CEO and COO were initially spread thin but did eventually onboard project managers. With the new resources, the team met deadlines and completed turnarounds in under a week.

They have comprehensive skill sets for digital media, advertising, marketing, and web development. Their breadth of knowledge validated my decision them. We also learned a lot.

Branding for Strategy Consultant in Automotive Industry

"They’re very knowledgeable and professional. They’re at the top of their game."

Oct. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Anchour's involvement in this project resulted in a full suite of branding deliverables: a brand strategy, a logo, and a new website to aid the client in standing out amongst their competitors.

Freelancer

Detroit, Michigan
Paul Eichenberg
Managing Director, Paul Eichenberg Strategic Consulting

Their project management is an area where Anchour shines. They handle the entire branding process from start to finish in a professional and personal way that makes them feel like true partners.

I am a strategy consultant. I started my firm over the course of the past year, and I specialize in strategy consulting for the automotive industry. I work with investors, hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks, and automotive companies. I provide support in developing strategies that are generally focused on high technologies or new technologies associated with the automotive industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

They’ve helped me with three things thus far. They helped me build my brand strategy and put together a brand strategy document to help me clarify what sets me apart from other automotive experts and consultants. Second, they helped me develop all of my marketing assets. They worked on logos and identity, and all the things that are necessary for running a website, social media presence, and correspondence with my customers. The third thing they helped me with was my website design. They developed content, and they also developed the look and feel and the personality associated with my site. Through all of that, they created a unique user experience for people who come to my site.

They first had a lengthy interview with me to find out what’s important to me, what I’m passionate about, and how I see myself. The second part of that was how others see me, so they talked to other people. The third thing they did was some competitor analysis. They also looked at the messages that are important with these types of companies. That’s the process they used to develop the brand strategy. They then took that information and started applying it to the logo, and started to develop the marketing assets associated with my brand.

I had already hired a developer, but Anchour did the design work for my website. They did the branding, brand strategy, the marketing assets, and then the design. I’m now engaged with them for help with my digital marketing strategy. They’ve done very nice work.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

I did an internet search for the best web designs and other similar searches. Anchour kept coming up on any search I did. I liked the feel of their website so much that I decided to hire them. We had a couple of Skype meetings but never any in-person meetings.

How much have you invested with Anchour?

I’ve invested almost $20,000.

We started working together in October of 2016, and the work is ongoing. The original project ended in February of this year and now we’re working on the digital marketing campaign.

The site just got up and running in the past week, so I won’t have any metrics for about three months.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very realistic about timing. As we wrap up a meeting, they’ll tell me how much time they need for the next phase, and we set up the next meeting. They send me the updated materials the morning of the meeting, so I have time to review them. They’re always on time, and they always have the work done in the most professional manner. I was pleasantly surprised with the way they honor their commitments and follow up with great work.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

They’re very knowledgeable and professional. They’re at the top of their game. They offer the complete value chain of services, which is important to me as I’m not experienced in their industry. If I had to do it all over again, I would have Anchour do everything rather than hiring a separate developer. They get to know you and your strategy. They’re a great partner in the whole process.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

It’s hard to critique them, as I’m not an expert in this area. My experience with Anchour has been great.

Overall Score They’re a very professional team, very proficient, and they deliver premium work.
    I had a great experience collaborating with them. I don’t know if their cost is premium, but they provide premium service.
    If anyone asks, I will definitely steer them toward Anchour.

Website Revamp for Online Retailer

"It’s reassuring to have someone tell you, 'Oh yeah, piece of cake,' and when they say it at Anchour, they mean it."

Oct. 2016–Ongoing

After feeling stuck with an outdated website for years, the client had a completely refreshing experience working with Anchour, who developed and designed their website, image, logo, and marketing.

1–10 Employees

Maine
Churchill Barton
Manager, Brettuns Village

Anchour made the process of revamping their website smooth, easy, and fun. The fact that they made the effort to visit the client at their location before beginning the project is what gives them an air of trust and professionality.

I am the manager of Brettuns Village, an online retailer specializing in two distinct areas: leathercraft supplies and the restoration of antique steamer trunks.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

We contacted Anchour to modernize our website. We sell almost exclusively online, and we are currently maintaining our website with a system that was outdated probably 10 years ago. We’ve managed to keep it limping along, but we’ve known for a while that we had to upgrade it. Frankly, we were afraid of fiddling with it until now.

Anchour has done both backend and design work for our website. Right now, they’re working to get our website into a more modern and editable format. We’ve been using Netscape Composer, and Anchour has helped us transition to Adobe Dreamweaver. Anchour also has helped us with our image and marketing. For the first time in our company’s 21-year history, we have a logo that doesn't look like a disaster. Over the years, we’ve tried to come up with logos on our own but we clearly are not creative people here. They’re creative at Anchour, though. They had a vision of how our logo should represent our company and our rather weird line of products, and they did a great job with it.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

Our company is a member of the local chamber of commerce, and at one of our meetings, I heard business associates mention that they were working with Anchour. Then, during the preparation of our annual tax return last year, our accountant asked about the business and we discussed some of the challenges we were having; she advised us to contact Anchour. She thought it would be a good match. I promptly contacted them about three months later. They seemed interested in working with us right from the get-go, and it seemed like a good fit.

How much have you invested with Anchour?

We’ve invested a little over $10,000 with Anchour so far.

I think we started working with Anchour in October 2016. The original tasks were completed fairly quickly and exactly on the schedule they had predicted.

I think it’s too early to have any hard evidence. We have a brand new website that is cool but we’re still putting the finishing touches on it, so it hasn’t been launched yet. We hope to have it online within the next week or two. I’m sure we’ll have some things to fix here and there after it goes live, but I suspect we’ll have some good looking numbers to share in about two to three months.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

I couldn't be happier with how Anchour has managed its work with Brettuns Village. They come across as technical experts who know what they’re doing, and the proof has been in the work they’ve done in translating our website, which is enormous. We have hundreds of pages on our website and around 10,000 photographs. It’s a monster, and they tackled it like it was nothing. It’s reassuring to have someone tell you, “Oh yeah, piece of cake,” and when they say it at Anchour, they mean it. The project has gone so smoothly. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have this transition feel like a walk in the park after putting it off for so many years. As the project has gone along, we’ve also modified the scope of the project and added some features, and I suspect that’ll continue as we become technically better at some of the issues they’ve helped us with. I think we’ll become more aware of other issues that we can use their help with. They’re helping to educate us along the way.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

What impressed us right from the beginning of this effort with Anchour was that our first three meetings with them all took place at our office, not theirs. I can't tell you what an impression that made on me. It was huge. I felt like they wanted to be here to get to know our business better. I think that a lot of consultants want to bring you to their office, put you at their big oak conference table, and serve you their K-Cup coffee, which is always terrible.

The guys at Anchour came to us because they wanted to see and learn about what we do. Every question they asked was about our customers, our products, and about how we maintain quality. Quality for us, because we’re kind of a mail-order business, means that we get the orders correct. It was refreshing to have someone ask those types of questions about our business. They got out of their chairs, they walked around, they looked at and touched the things that we sell, and they scratched our company dog behind the ears right where she likes it. They just seemed interested in getting to know us before they began to restructure our website, and it was awesome. Every meeting has been informative, fulfilling, and exciting. We’ve been dreading the work on our website for years, and now these guys have us excited about it. There’s been a dramatic mood change around this place.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

I’m so pro-Anchour right now that it’s hard for me to think of an area where Anchour could use improvement. I honestly don't have a suggestion for how they could change, because the project has gone so well.

Anchour has been on time at every meeting we’ve scheduled.
    Cost is difficult for me to determine. I feel that we have really gotten our money’s worth. I've worked in a couple of different industries, but I’ve never done a project like this. I suspect that Anchour is on par with any other company.
    Everything has been on time; there have been no typos or misspelled words in the finished products. Anchour pays attention to detail.
    I’ve already spread around Anchour’s name. I’ve recommended them to a friend of mine who runs an electrical contracting company and another friend who’s trying to start up a home nursing association. I’ve been telling everybody.

Branding & Web Dev for Private Non-Profit

"When compared to other agencies, they went a mile further."

Oct. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Anchour developed a new website for a non-profit educational agency seeking a new brand. They featured a video and new logo on the site and produced collateral materials.

1–10 Employees

Stephanie Gelinas
Founder, Sandcastle Clinical and Educational Services

Anchour delivered on their branding mission; they were open-minded and privy to understanding their client's needs. Board and committee members for the non-profit were impressed with the reveal video, while their logo garnered praise at a big event.

I am the founder and executive director of a private non-profit agency called Sandcastle Clinical & Educational Services and a DBA called L/A Hearing Center.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

The DBA is a particular service arm of our agency that looks at providing audiological services. We wanted to do a branding of that entity of our business. We put out a request for proposal statewide and granted the proposal to Anchour for the branding work.

The proposal consisted of getting a new website, a video, a new logo, and collateral material like business cards and brochures. Their involvement in the beginning, even before they were granted the proposal, was really impressive. They were the only agency that actually came to Sandcastle to meet with us in order to find out more about the agency before they wrote a response. Once we granted the proposal, they broke up in divisions. We met with the professionals from Anchour that developed the website, logo, and video for our website. The website was developed on WordPress.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

They are located in the same city where my business is located in. We had heard a lot of good things about the work that they were doing. They’ve been pretty active in this community, and I have had opportunities to see some of their work. They are out and about in a lot of different community events, marketing their service and being present. That’s how I knew of them and their work. Nevertheless, I put out the proposal to 12 different firms statewide, and Anchour clearly came in the strongest. That was why they were given the job. We have worked with other branding agencies before them.

It was $20,000.

We started working with them in October/November 2016. The project is just wrapping up now in March 2017. It’s been a very thorough and comprehensive process. We will definitely onboard them for future projects without hesitation.

We haven’t launched the site yet as we are still in the process of finishing up. We had board members and committee members involved in the reveal of the video that Anchour made, which is going on our website. It was received really well. I had no doubt that we were going to get a good reception to that. It was very well done. We recently did a big event with 400 people in attendance where we put out the new logo that they had done in the form of an advertisement. We got a lot of really good feedback on that as well.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

The organization, in terms of how they deliver and they communicate, is really well done. I’m impressed with their processes, efficiencies, and communication. They had a launch calendar with lots of follow-up and confirmation. We would communicate through email.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

I think it’s the fact that they’re more current. They really seem relevant to what’s going on now. I also felt like, when compared to other agencies, they went a mile further. They were the only agency that took the effort to come out and really get to know our mission. As a mission-driven agency, they really wanted to understand that. They’re also very open minded. At the end of the day, it’s really about pleasing us, and they went to great lengths to make sure that happened.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score It’s been pleasant, enjoyable, and educational. It’s been a good experience and a pleasure to be a part of it. They’re just a great group of professionals.
    Excellent. There was never a deadline not met.
    Good. No problem there.
    They did an excellent job. They were very thorough and always checked in with us to make sure that we were satisfied.
    Absolutely. At the time we engaged with them, I was also the chair of the chamber of commerce here. I was able to talk to a lot of other business owners and board members and recommended them highly without reservation.

Branding for Electric Engineering Consulting Firm

"They put out a great product and are wonderful to work with."

2014 - Ongoing

As a transition from developing their brand in-house, the client looked to Anchour to take over the scope of renewing their brand identity, including a new logo, various marketing materials, and a website.

Hallowell, Maine
HR Coordinator, Consulting Firm

Anchour is passionate about their work and strives to fully understand their client's needs. They produce professional content that instils pride and is well-received by its viewers.

We are a Maine-based consulting firm offering a full range of services in the electric utility engineering field. I'm the HR coordinator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

We wanted to make our brand more cohesive. We had worked with a graphic designer in the past, but most of our branding was done in-house before Anchour. We wanted to establish and define our brand identity and effectively communicate who we are and what we do.

We've worked on a lot of projects with Anchour. We're currently working with them on a completely new website design. They've helped us with various print material and redesigned our logo including a special 10-year anniversary logo for our firm. They've done photography and employee photos for us. They also created a brand film which will be featured on our new website.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

I know many of the people at Anchour personally. I've seen examples of their work and what they've done for so many different companies to make their brands stand out. So we had the confidence in them to do the same for us.

How much have you invested with Anchour?

We have made a total investment of around $26,000 representing several different projects.

We began working with them in 2014 and the work is ongoing.

The biggest project we've worked on together is the website which we are just starting to wrap up. I'm really excited to see the return from that. This past year, they created a custom Christmas card that was sent out to more than 100 business contacts. We've also met hundreds of people at career fairs and expos and have shared the employment brochure Anchour designed for us which highlights what we do and our company culture. That's been a great tool for us. They also created a new hire orientation package for us and I've heard a lot of positive feedback from team members coming on board about how professional it looks. It's something I'm proud to hand out.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

They have done a great job of getting all our projects done. They're really responsive. I hear back the same day whenever I ask a question or need information.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

They’re very personal. They take the time to get to know the clients they serve. What we do is very technical but they really put forth effort to understand what we do and I think that makes a huge difference when working with them. They're a real team so they collaborate with each other. I think that makes a much stronger product.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

They are a young and energetic company experiencing a lot of growth and it's great to be a part of their journey. They put out a great product and are wonderful to work with. I feel like those two things are most important and they do them extremely well.

Overall Score They've done a great job. To have such a quality firm in this area is really a wonderful thing.
    They do a great job of being proactive. They do what they say they’re going to do.
    I think they’re fair and reasonable. They don’t spend an exponential amount of time on an hourly project. They’re conscientious of the clients’ budget.
    They put their heart into everything they create and they have a lot of passion.
    We’ve been very pleased with our experience with them and would definitely recommend them.

Brand Awareness for Wedding Photographer

"They’re just an awesome group of creative humans. I cannot say enough good things about them."

Oct. - Dec. 2016

With the goal in mind of improving their brand and increasing exposure to an ideal clientele, the client relied on Anchour to completely rebuild their website using SquareSpace.

Livermore, Maine
Jessica Woodcock
Owner, Lost in Reverie Photography

Working with Anchour was the most personalized professional relationship the client has ever experienced. Not only is the work they produce outstanding, but their dedication to understanding their clients on a personal level is what sets Anchour apart.

I’m the owner and sole photographer of Lost In Reverie Photography. Our clientele is a little bit different so we don’t stick to one little niche. We do weddings, newborns, maternity, and commercial work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

My problem was that the majority of my work when I started a couple of years ago was achieved by word of mouth. I wasn’t really advertising. When I did a session or wedding, I would post teaser albums on Facebook. Last year, I noticed that I wanted to change my target market. I didn’t want low-end clientele anymore. I knew it was the time to make the jump because my weddings were filling up much quicker. Clients were not walking at my price, so I knew it was time to make a change based on the quality of my work.

I needed exposure. I had created a website on WordPress, but I actually never wanted to direct clients there because it was terrible. I never had time to update it. I needed to establish a brand and my strategy to get myself there was by hiring Anchour to create a website for me.

When I first met with Josh at Anchour, we talked about what my goals were. We were very honest as to where we thought we could go. I have another full-time job at a hospital, and I would still like to keep that job, but I want to be able to find a balance between my creative outlet and still making an income out of it. We talked about what I had as a brand at the time and what my online presence was, which was nonexistent.

As far as strategy meetings, we sat down with Anchour’s creative team and talked about why I love photography, what’s important for me as far as my photography goes, and what’s important for me for the outcome of my clients. They did a psychological analysis on me without even me knowing it, defining me as a person and as a company in order to reach my ideal clientele. They asked questions about what inspires me and what my goals are for my clients. For me, it’s more about making connections than it is about my photography. That is a very important piece for me. They were able to bring all of that together in a strategy to create a brand for me. The website was made on Squarespace.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

Anchour is a company that I have always followed on social media and I admired their work. At the time, I knew that I couldn’t afford their kind of work. It was a pipe dream for me, but I knew that if I had to, I would go to them. They’re a small, local company with great customer service. Ultimately, my brother owns his own business and he used them as well. I do photography for my brother’s business, and he put me in touch with Josh, the COO of Anchour, saying that we would be a really good fit. The moment I met Josh, I had to find a way to make it happen. Every time you walk in through the door they literally sprinkle confetti on you; I’m not even exaggerating. They look at you and welcome you to their office. The connection was an obvious and natural one for me, and I was very pleasantly surprised with how much more I got than what I initially thought I was going to get. It’s more of a professional friendship relationship rather than simply saying “these are the guys that built my website.”

It was less than $7,000.

I started working with them in October 2016. They gave me an estimated timeline of six to eight weeks from start to finish for strategy, logo design, and web design. It did take a little bit longer than that, but that was because of my doing. I was a little delayed in giving them some of the information that they needed. My website has been live for a month.

Although the site has been live for a month, I’ve done some analytics on my posts. When I posted a blog before, I didn’t even want to post it because I didn’t want people to see my website. One of the biggest things for me was that I had never received an email inquiry from my old website. Everything would be through Facebook messaging. I remember that when my first blog post went up, I had already received five emails on wedding inquiries just in the first week. That alone, for me, was huge because that was something I hadn’t ever received. It was really exciting.

My subsequent blog posts are getting a lot more exposure than they ever did—going from a few hundred people looking at them to over 1,800 hits in the first two days of posting. The overall general exposure I’m getting is showing me to a bigger clientele. Like I said before, most of my clients were all from word of mouth, and now I’m getting inquiries from people I don’t even know who are coming into Maine wanting to do an elopement or a destination wedding. The reach is a lot broader than I ever had, and I’m actually proud of everything on my website now because it’s me and my work, and it represents my clients as well.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

They are phenomenal. They communicated with me every step of the way. I was having some technical issues with my email when I first started because Squarespace was a new system for me. They replied to me within minutes through email to help me out with that. Everything from start to finish—whether it was the brand, strategy, or a technical issue—was seamless. All these people survive on are Pop Tarts and seltzer water. I just wrote a blog post about them, and they got a kick out of that statement and about how awesome they are.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

They took me for who I am and tried to define me in my business. They did not ever try to convince me to blend in. For photography in my area, it’s all very feminine—light pinks, light greens, and light golds. It’s a very different style than what I personally have, and they never once tried to steer me into something that wasn’t me. They really sat down and focused on who I am, what my goals are, and who my ideal clients are. It was the most personalized experience I’ve been a part of. I have been in other fields and worked with other organizations, and I’ve never been actually treated that personally, professionally, and respectfully ever. They truly care about you as a person and the end result. They’re supportive and motivational. They have an overall awesome demeanor that is infectious. They’re just an awesome group of creative humans. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

I seriously can’t think of a single thing that hasn’t been awesome from start to finish. I was having trouble with switching over from WordPress. I tried for a day and a half and I couldn’t get it through. Steven, Anchour’s CEO, took his credit card number and paid it for me. I had to touch base with him, and then we squared up after that. That’s not something I feel like you would get with another company.

Overall Score I can’t say enough good stuff about them. Their work, outcomes, and them as people are phenomenal.
    Absolutely phenomenal. Every time that we needed to set a meeting, they worked around my schedule. Whenever something was said that it was going to be delivered by a certain time, it was either ahead of that or right on schedule.
    I was very happy with their service. They went above and beyond.
    They created a timeline for me from start to finish, and they never missed a beat in between. If something changed, they kept me apprised the entire time.
    I’ve recommended them to no less than 10 people for web design since I started working with them.

Packaging Design for Cracker Company

"Anchour was on top of things, had good response times, and assigned a dedicated person for my communication."

Jan. - June 2016

Anchour improved the client’s product packaging by creating a new design that allows for shipment across the US.

Waterville, Maine
Karen Getz
Founder, The Maine Crisp Company

Their creativity is what sets Anchour apart. They listen carefully to the client to come up with the best creative strategy for their business need.

The Maine Crisp Co. is a small specialty food business making gluten-free crackers. I am the founder and started the company in my home, and only recently moved into a commercial space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

A part of growing the business is creating more professional and better-designed packaging which can allow the product to be shipped across the US.

Anchour has provided the design work for the new packaging, as well as our sales sheet, which describes our product, along with photographs and pricing. The packaging I was previously using had too many elements, which made it inefficient; Anchour identified this and improved it.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

This was my first time working with an agency. I had used a local graphic designer who created my initial label. I started to look for a design firm which could handle our logo, branding, and package design. Anchour was the third company I interviewed. By looking at their past work and meeting with Anchour, I determined that they were extremely creative and would be my best choice.

How much have you invested with Anchour?

The cost of Anchour's work was around $7,500.

We started working with Anchour in January 2016. The initial phase was finished in June.

The project extended beyond what we initially thought because we needed to modify the packaging equipment. We needed to wait for this to be resolved, but Anchour was great at waiting for us and restarting the work later on. Through some additional grant money, we were able to have Anchour work on our informational and sales sheets as well. The box design has been finished, and we plan on going to print.

Our product has not been launched into the market yet, but the stores which received my sales material were very impressed. People have especially loved the simplicity and uniqueness of my logo. It will stand out among other products, and we're excited to get it out there.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

Anchour was on top of things, had good response times, and assigned a dedicated person for my communication. Nothing got lost, and I always felt that Anchour was listening and responding accordingly.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

I think that Anchour is a creative group. The team works well together and they like the process. Other agencies I talked to didn't listen as well as Anchour. I met with 3 people who took notes during our initial meeting, addressing my design concerns.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

Anchour is a young design team, so they could have benefited from more experience around commercial packaging. We worked through it together, so Anchour has evolved in the meantime. Because of their creativity, I was willing to collaborate with them.

Anchour was a middle option in terms of cost.

Brand & Website Launch for Dog Daycare

"Anchour's team seemed interested in getting to know me and the story behind my company, compared to other agencies, which treated it as a job."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

To aid the client in creating their company identity, Anchour provided branding strategy, website development, SEO tactics, and logo design.

Portland, Maine
Ashley Boucher
Founder, Roscoe's Bed + Bark

What makes Anchour distinct is the personal touch they give to their projects to fully and accurately convey a client's voice and brand identity.

We're a dog daycare based in Portland, Maine. I am the owner of the business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

We had just opened in February and needed help launching our brand.

Anchour has developed our WordPress website. It's mobile-responsive, simple and streamlined, which were important requirements for us. They're currently providing SEO [search engine optimization] and maintenance for it. Anchour has designed a logo for our company and helped us establish a brand identity. They've helped us define our voice. From there, everything else fell into place, regarding building the website and creating marketing collateral for us. I had spoken to other agencies, but the project was started with Anchour.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

Anchour provides Instagram automation, which I'd been using for posts related to my business. I researched the company and found that they were located close to me. I found their work to be great, so I chose Anchour.

How much have you invested with Anchour?

The cost of Anchour's work has been between $15,000 and $20,000.

I started working with Anchour in August 2013. The collaboration is ongoing for SEO, Ad Words, and website maintenance.

We're in an aggressive growth mode, so I can't completely separate word-of-mouth from organic inquiries, and so on.

I receive monthly marketing reports from Anchour detailing the performance of our website, our searchability and how our Ad Words campaigns are going. Overall, I've been happy with the results. We've received great feedback from clients for our logo and brand voice.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

The most well-defined project we've had with Anchour was for our logo development and website launch. Anchour did a great job of communicating our progress, and what the next steps were. They helped keep us on track and organized.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour?

The reason for choosing Anchour over other agencies is that they have a down-to-earth vibe. Anchour's team seemed interested in getting to know me and the story behind my company, compared to other agencies, which treated it as a job. Anchour's personal touch resonated with me, given that this is what I'm looking to offer my clients. I wanted my story and mission to be reflected in the brand.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

Anchour is also within an aggressive growth period so that they can be busy at times. Tasks have taken longer than I'd hoped, but Anchour is great at recommending alternative solutions.

Overall Score The experience has been positive. I love the way in which my branding and website have turned out. The only drawback has been that Anchour can get busy at times.
    I don't think that Anchour has ever been late.
    For tangible things like our web development and branding, it was clear what value I was getting for my money. Our work has moved into less-tangible projects, so it's harder for me to understand how Anchour's team is spending its time.
    I'm overall happy, but there have been things I've needed to follow-up on.

Rebranding for Italian Restaurant

"I think we might’ve been a challenge to work with, but they were responsive to our changing needs."

Anchour did a complete rebranding of the client's restaurant and created a full design asset portfolio. They refreshed their website and continue to engage with social media and SEO.

President, Restaurant

Since working with Anchour, the client has received a lot of compliments and positive feedback on their new image.

I’m the president and founder of a 20-year-old restaurant in Lewiston, Maine.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

Initially, the challenge was to develop new menus. We had also been considering the need to rebrand.

Anchour did a complete design asset portfolio. They redesigned our menus and helped us with our signage and other collateral pieces. That was the initial project, but we ended up rebranding the restaurant. Aside from refreshing and updating our website,  Anchour also does some social media tasks for us. They handle our search engine optimization so we still work with them.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

They introduced themselves, basically. We had some dialogue about the rebranding process and hired them to do the project.

We began working with Anchour around 2014 and we continue to work with them.

We have received a lot of positive responses from the community on the branding project. Our new look has gotten a lot of compliments, particularly the menus and the branding in general. It was something that we needed to do pretty badly and Anchour did a nice job of helping us with that transition.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

We were happy with how they handled project management.

What did you find most impressive about Anchour from other providers?

We don’t have a lot of experience with rebranding or marketing. I think we might’ve been a challenge to work with, but they were responsive to our changing needs. We continue to use them so that probably speaks volumes about our experience.

Are there any areas Anchour could improve?

No, I think we’re happy with them.

I would spend the money again.
    I have recommended Anchour.