How did you select this vendor?
We were recommended Aktiv Software by one of our vendors. Further we held a few meetings and decided to proceed with them.
Describe the project in detail.
Aktiv Software proposed the plan of developing, delivering & Implementing Accounting and CRM Modules for our company. They suggested Odoo (formally known as Open ERP).
Odoo is an open-source ERP that can easily automate all business processes. Being an open-source platform, it is cost-effective and, at the same time, scalable too.
So, the certified team at Aktiv Software successfully designed and delivered the following modules of Odoo:
- Accounting: For every transaction, the purchase and sales account would be associated, and accordingly, the transaction voucher would be generated.
- Fleet Management: Real-Time Fleet Tracking, Vehicle Management, Service/Vehicle Reminders, and Reports & Analytics were facilitated under the development scope.
- Sales: Under the Sales module, Admin can create and manage the client master database. Under these, information fields can be like name, address, city, state, contact details, bank account details, standard payment method (cash or credit), etc.
- Purchase: We mainly had two significant kinds of suppliers, and so they provided a different solution for each of them, as mentioned below. o Sugar traders: Admin/users can create and manage information for all suppliers. Information fields for Sugar traders would be like name, address, city, state, contact details, bank account details, type of trader (mill or trader), bank account details, standard payment method (cash or credit), etc. o Transport companies: Information fields for transport companies would be like name, address, city, state, truck number, truck capacity, driver's name and contact details, bank account details, standard payment method (cash or credit), etc.
- Reports: Based on the logs generated for each transaction or event, they helped us in generating a different kind of stories: o Purchase reports based on supplier, logistics, other overheads. o Accounting Reports o Sales/Customer reports o Profitability: based on client, truck, time, etc.
What was the team composition?
The project team had about five people and would work according to their skills in a particular module. We were assigned a Project manager who guided us throughout the project and was our permanent point of contact.