Top Notch Developers to Deliver Excellence

Bronze

247 Labs is an award-winning team of trained, certified and experienced developers, designers & product managers who follow a hybrid approach of Lean & Scrum process to deliver application development projects with excellence.

We work with  StartupsEnterprise organizations, SMBs (Small Medium Businesses) and other industry companies to understand their needs, architect and implement technical solutions to deliver value and create positive change.

Located in downtown Toronto, 247 Labs is made of a top-notch dev & creative team.  We offer unparalleled consultation & superb delivery for your application needs.

SERVICES WE OFFER

• Requirements
  • Testing & Quality Assurance
  • Development Operations

EXPERIENCE

Over the last 9 years we have been involved in design and development of custom applications.  Unmatched integrity and communication skills. Experience working for clients like GM, J&J, Rogers Communications and Motorola.

CERTIFICATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS

• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
  • IBM Watson
  • WPEngine
  • Upwork PRO

• Suite - 600, University Avenue
    Toronto, ON M5H 3B3

We work with Small/Medium enterprise businessesStartups & partner agencies.  Some of the key projects we have lead for our partner agencies & startups include projects completed for General Motors, Motorola, Rogers Communications, Fido, The Paul Getty Foundation, Oklahoma City, Johnson & Johnson, Ontario Government, Government of Canada, Davis & Henderson and Maytag.

Trailer Plus

Trailers Plus is one of the leading trailer manufacturers in North America. The 247 Labs team worked to build an online website that sets Trailer Plus as a digital leader that dominates the trailer ordering and e-commerce world with a superb UI/UX design. Our team came together on design, development & testing to build the number one website in its market and increase client sales even more.

My Direct Plan

MyDirectPlan is a solution for all of Ontario’s community support agencies. It has been designed to help people with developmental disabilities receive support. 247 Labs team created a web and mobile-based membership application that was easy to manage and to submit the application. Since its implementation, efficiency increased by 400%, and it has over 100,000 users to date.

Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson’s Talent Acquisition team needed medical students to know about their internship program. 247 Labs team developed a website that stood out with its own logo and its own branding. All the graphic elements were created from scratch and resulted in an appealing brand new website. Applications increased by 40% and the project was concluded in a tight timeline - just three weeks.

MET PathFinder

MET Pathfinder is a job search application designed to help Canadian Army Veterans' and their spouses' transition into civilian life once they leave the army. The Job Matching application enables employers to post jobs and sift through matched skills to engage with qualified candidates. 247 Labs' design and development resulted in a significant increase in engagement and usage of the job board.

Motorola

Motorola needed a custom solution to educate a global workforce about the features of their new products. 247 Labs provided a flexible, reusable solution to meet Motorola’s internal training needs. The e-learning platform we created was modular and designed to grow with each new release of a Motorola product while keeping their workforce knowledgeable on every new launch.

FitWear

FitWear was getting traction in the fitness apparel market. Their customer base was growing, but their original e-commerce site couldn't keep up. 247 Labs rebuilt the site on a solid enterprise-grade e-commerce platform. The results speak for themselves: 5 million unique annual users, instantaneous load times, ease of use, improved sales conversion and enhanced sales reporting.

Elite HRV

Elite HRV started as a personal passion project for its founder. With the help of 247 Labs, it has grown into the most widely used and top-rated heart rate variability (HRV) app. The result was a seamless user experience across a central website, iOS and Android apps, and heart-rate monitors. Users can interact with their heart-rate data on any platform and receive personalized recommendations.

Poliigon

Poliigon is the leading source of photo-realistic textures for digital artists. Poliigon’s extensive library of files was a challenge to manage. Our team re-architectured the website, redesigned the front-end user experience, and implemented a backend admin system. Following the development work, Poliigon increased its annual membership by 100% and we are glad to have them as an ongoing partner.

Web Application Development for Oil & Energy Company

“Of the many developers I’ve used before, 247 Labs Inc. has the best and most clearly defined process.”

June 2016 - Aug. 2018

247 Labs Inc. developed a mobile-responsive progressive web application that hosts an extensive database of images. Features like AI and a geospatial interface help automate lengthy manual processes.

5,001-10,000 Employees

France
Alex Denysenko
Former Technology Director, Total S.A.

A communicative and dedicated partner, 247 Labs Inc. delivered a secure, sophisticated, and user-friendly deliverable. Despite the massive volume of content, it hosts, the database performs flawlessly. Data transformation, migration, and synchronization features save extensive internal effort.

I’m the former technology director at Total S.A., an oil and energy company.

What challenge were you trying to address with 247 Labs Inc.?

A government regulation required us to conduct an environmental study to get approval to install oil rigs. We sent airplanes to scope, document, and map wildlife in the surrounding area. Pilots took thousands of photos and scanned images during each flight. Our department of 550 people must process each image and denote any environmental life they find. We hired 247 Labs Inc. to digitize and automate the manual process we’d been using.

Each of the project’s four stages began with a kickoff. During the research and discovery phases, the team’s project managers, designers, and analysts helped us analyze the need and problem solve. Over a long series of workshops and brainstorming sessions, we finalized what to include in the implementation.

For our digital restructuring, the team developed a progressive web application (PWA) with a mobile-friendly aspect. Features include data transformation, mapping, migration, and synchronization.

During later phases, they built AI components using TensorFlow.
247 Labs Inc. also provided database and user management. Our database contains thousands of images of animals our field inspectors detected. Each photo taken from the airplane has associated details like latitude and longitude. The geospatial interface maps documented wildlife to avoid environmental impact from our oil rig.

I mostly interacted with the project manager. Two designers and a developer attended some of our meetings. We engaged other companies for digital strategy and solutions architecture.

How did you come to work with 247 Labs Inc.?

We shortlisted vendors through an RFP process. 247 Labs Inc was one of the many referrals we received. Prior experience partnering with an oil company was the main reason we hired them. They also seemed the most flexible about the scope and meeting our needs

We’ve spent over $200,000.

We started working together in June 2016. After several launches, the final release took place in August 2018. We still have 247 Labs Inc. on limited support contract for minor maintenance.

Of the many developers I’ve used before, 247 Labs Inc. has the best and most clearly defined process. They produced quality work and stayed flexible our changing requirements. We worked well together as partners, and they even blended well with our external strategy organization.

Given the number of photos we take in every trip, we were concerned about how the application could perform. 247 Labs Inc.’s deliverable is very reliable, however. Throughout each stage, they helped us build out and expand our product. Our organization is currently using the application internally to handle a massive load of data for a significant project.

How did 247 Labs Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Depending on the stage of the project, we held calls anywhere from daily to every two weeks. For certain deliveries, we even touched base 2–3 times a day.

247 Labs Inc are great communicators. We really felt like they were there for us. They were committed to doing whatever it took to succeed.

They didn’t always make every deadline they set verbally. We had some misses that came from both our sides.

Make sure to review and finalize the scope. We overlooked several parts of the agreement, which caused issues midway through some of the stages.

Overall Score They had our backs and were always there for us, managed risks better than most, and went above and beyond to deliver our complex software.
    They didn’t meet timelines perfectly.
    They’re very reasonable about pricing, which was fair and cost-effective for all the items in the scope.
    I’m very impressed with their code’s reliability, quality, and performance.

Wireframing & Prototype for Marketing Company

“The quality of their designs was amazing; I hadn’t seen such talent before.”

Oct. - Dec. 2018

247 Labs provided design services for an iOS/Android marketing app, creating the wireframes, user journey, and prototype. The team also provided critical counsel throughout to expand functionality.

Kimberly Simon
Principal, The Venue Global

Key stakeholders lauded the prototype for its designs and functions. Although 247 Labs could improve on time management, they were involved throughout, which allowed them to have an in-depth grasp of the project. Close collaboration with the internal team helped ensure a representative design.

I’m the CEO of a private startup called The Venue Global. We provide marketing services.

What challenge were you trying to address with 247 Labs?

We needed external resources to design a mobile marketing app that was consistent with our branding.

247 Labs created the wireframes and prototype for our marketing app. It’s an iOS/Android app that would allow our clients to conveniently use our services. We provided the team with documentation on our logo, core functions, and general look and feel. They then worked with us to produce the final prototype, going back and forth on the design as well as expanding the functionality and identifying the user journey.

Azwar (Technical Director, 247 Labs) worked with us initially to write up and sign the contract. From there, Nazar (Project Manager, 247 Labs) managed the project, and Sheraz (Creative Director) designed the prototype.

How did you come to work with 247 Labs?

I searched online for companies that built business apps in Toronto and reached out to a few of them. Out of all the candidates, Azwar was the most responsive, setting up a call straight away and being the first to give a proposal. Everyone else seemed to move a bit slower, but 247 Labs was on the ball.

We spent about $15,000.

Their work lasted from October–December 2018.

We’re very happy with the quality of their deliverables. The team understood what we wanted and suggested new items that we hadn’t even considered. The prototype now provides functionality beyond our initial concept.

The design is also spectacular and really represents us. I love that they collaborated with us on the visual choices (e.g., color, formatting, layout) rather than imposing their own ideas. We were able to tell them what we wanted while still listening to their ideas.

How did 247 Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

While the quality of work was excellent, the time management could be better. The project actually finished a few weeks over the estimated end date, which affected our internal timeline, too.

On the collaboration side, we communicated via email and calls. Every other week, we’d also have GoToMeeting sessions where they would explain a build before delivering it. This helped us align our expectations for the project and give detailed feedback in a way that we couldn’t through email.

The quality of their designs was amazing; I hadn’t seen such talent before. Sheraz was able to completely invest himself into what we were doing, offering recommendations for the prototype that built upon our ideas. It’s important to have someone who tries to understand your mission and explores ways to bring clients more efficiency rather than just executing an idea. If I could take Sheraz and put him in my company, I would.

As I mentioned, they would benefit from looking at their overall time management. Since we were planning things internally, going over schedule also affected our timelines.

Go into the project with an open mind, and be prepared to listen because there’s a lot of things that you might not know. I always pushed to hear 247 Labs’ recommendations because it showed that they really understood our goals. As a such, it’s essential to get them involved before you can take advantage of their creativity.

Consulting & Initial Prototype for Media Startup

“They gave me much more than than I had hoped for.”

June - July 2018

247 Labs developed wireframes and the basic prototype of an app, helping identify all the technical requirements and the budget needed for the future development process.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
CEO & Founder, Media Startup

The in-house team now has a clear vision of what is involved in app development. Knowledgeable and professional, 247 Labs went beyond the scope of their work and answered all questions, while their ability to listen and understand direction helped them meet all needs.

I'm the founder of a media startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with 247 Labs?

I was exploring the possibility of developing an app, so I needed a company to help me with the prototype.

They provided consulting services, helping me identify technical requirements and the feasibility of developing an app. Then, they developed wireframes and the basic prototype. I knew what I wanted, so I gave them a lot of direction in terms of functionality. It was a very collaborative process and they helped me figure out the milestones I'd need to hit in order to develop an app and how much it'd cost.

I worked with a project manager and two other members of their team.

How did you come to work with them?

I knew I wanted to work with a Canadian team, so I was looking at different review websites, including Clutch. I liked 247 Labs' company profile and the reviews they had, so I gave them a call.

I spent less than $5,000.

I worked with them between June–July 2018.

They're very knowledgeable and flexible. They made sure I understood the full scope of the development process. Also, I now have the initial prototype, which is an important milestone for me.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very thorough and answered all of my questions. We usually used Zoom, Google Hangouts, and WhatsApp to communicate.

They gave me much more than than I had hoped for.

No. I had a great experience.

The more information you can give to your potential development team, the more effectively they can guide you.

Website and Training Course Dev for Security Company

"The quality of work was outstanding and budget-friendly."

Jan. - Aug. 2018

Chosen for their cost-effectiveness, 247 Labs Inc. built a website, including all the main pages as well as a 12-course security training program.

Sunbinder Uppal
Co-Founder, Guerrilla Security

They’re a reliable partner that delivered a product that has helped reach a wider audience while creating a new customer base for the training program. 247 Labs’ weekly calls and overall responsiveness kept the work on track, making project management seamless.

I’m the co-founder of a security service company. We offer a basic security training course and have security guards for hire.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We hired them to create our website and online security training course.

We wanted to have a professional and easy-to-use website for visitors, potential clients, and trainees.

We were looking for an affordable and reliable web developer that would meet our needs in a professional and timely manner.

They created our website’s main page, about page, contact page, and security training course. The security training course includes 12 separate sections with quizzes after each one to test the student’s learning. It ends with a final test, which includes questions of all the learned sections.

There were multiple people working on the project. We were in contact with their technical director at the start and then with an assigned project manager.

This project provided us with the web presence we needed to reach a larger client base. It also created a new customer base for the security course.

We had web calls with the project manager on a weekly basis to discuss any add-ons or changes that had to be made, which she later discussed with her team. Once they came up with a solution, they would show us for approval.

The quality of work was outstanding and budget-friendly. They were also quick to respond to emails and calls.

Mobile App Dev for Medical Data Collection Platform

"They complete work on time."

June 2016 - Ongoing

247 Labs Inc. built a mobile application for iOS and Android. The team also did web design for the site that interacts with the app.

CEO, Data Analytics Company

The app is high quality and has generated positive user feedback. 247 Labs Inc. Throughout the partnership, the team has responded quickly to communications and bug fixes.

I am the CEO and founder of a smart reader and data logger business.

What challenge were you trying to address with 247 Labs Inc.?

We needed mobile app development for a medical data collection platform.

First, we provided the build requirements. 247 Labs Inc. then did web design and developed a mobile application for iOS and Android. Medical doctors use the site and view data via a smart reader. We send that data to the cloud and read it on one of the apps 247 Labs Inc. has created.

We work with about four developers and one project manager.

How did you come to work with 247 Labs Inc.?

I found them through a Google search. I had contacted a couple of other companies, but decided that 247 Labs Inc. was the best fit for this project.

We have spent around $250,000.

We started working with them in June 2016 and the partnership is ongoing.

The app’s quality is excellent. We’ve received positive customer feedback. If there are any bugs or crashes, we inform 247 Labs Inc. and their team takes care of the problem.

How did 247 Labs Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They respond immediately. We use email and phone to communicate, and we have met them in-person as well.

They complete work on time.

Mobile & Web App Dev for Dental Tech Company

"I finally found a software development company that actually cares about understanding my business."

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

247 Labs Inc. designed and developed a mobile app and a web interface for easily visualizing data captured by a Smart Reader device.

Sarah Karbincy
Assistant Project Manager, Smart Reader

A boost in sales and stronger partnerships have resulted from the effectiveness and convenience the app brings. Weekly demos, prompt communication, and complete transparency are highlights of the collaboration, though they could improve on the testing front.

I’m the assistant manager of a dental technology company that creates innovative products related to dental hygiene and other dental services. I’m in charge of managing projects.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

I hired them to create a dental mobile app. They were in charge of all my web and mobile design and development needs.

I wanted to make it easier to serve my customers by giving them access to the dental data they need through their phone.

They were strongly recommended by another company that had worked with them before.

The project was to build a mobile app that allows dentists to connect to a system and see all the data they collect by using our Smart Reader device. They also created a web portal that shows the same data that can be seen from the app.

I worked with an account manager, a product manager, a designer, two developers, and a tester.

I’ve made more sales and have created strong strategic partnerships with enterprise organizations thanks to 247 Labs’ help. They delivered the mobile app and web portal on time and implemented changes within hours.

Their project manager was organized and led a transparent collaboration, following a clear process and managing risks well. I knew their team had daily calls, but I didn’t want to participate in those. We only did weekly demos, and whenever I needed to reach them, they’d respond promptly by phone or email.

They’re a great team. I finally found a software development company that actually cares about understanding my business and goals and is willing to adapt to our requirements and budget constraints while giving us honest advice.

My customers caught some minor bugs, which could’ve been avoided if they had more people testing the platform across all kinds of devices.

They delivered on time and even before the due date in some cases.
    We completed the project with around $24,000.
    I’m highly satisfied with the quality of our mobile app and website.

Mobile App Dev for Refugee Services Nonprofit

"I was most impressed by their attitude and sincere desire to help."

Mar. - June 2018

247 Labs designed, structured, and developed an app that hosted resources for immigrants and refugees. Their goal was to produce a user-friendly, robust, and accessible platform.

Elmira Galiyeva
Project Manager, TNLIP

Although no metrics were available, the development process was smooth and productive. 247 Labs went above and beyond the initial requirements, offering pro bono support after the project was complete. Their clear communication, efficient organization, and passion for the cause set them apart.

Toronto North Local Immigration Partnership is a partnership between organizations that serve newcomers. These organizations collaboratively develop and implement settlement and integration strategy that creates more welcoming communities and enhances newcomers' experiences.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

Through consultations with our member agencies, we identified a need for an information resource to improve the accessibility of community services. It needed to be modern, easy to use, and available to everyone.

Our goal was to develop a mobile app and website that would help immigrants and refugees in Toronto find programs and services to help them settle successfully. The app would be free, user-friendly, and accessible to people of different ages and immigration statuses.

We researched a few companies and met with three of them. We selected 24/7 because of their positive attitude, their efficiency and professionalism, and their understanding of our sector and newcomer needs.

Many immigrants and refugees use the Internet and various applications to access information. Our preliminary research revealed no app that covered Toronto-based immigrant services, such as settlement, employment, and healthcare.

The existing databases have certain limitations. Limited resources in the social service sector mean that information is not kept up-to-date, and the categories used to sort data are not necessarily intuitive for newcomers. Most countries of newcomers’ origin do not have settlement services, so they don't search for them upon arrival. Other online search options, such as Google maps, don't have all the features that we hoped to include in our app.

We wanted to ensure accessibility for vulnerable groups of newcomers, such as youth, seniors, and people with limited literacy and English or French language skills. Since Toronto welcomes over 300,000 newcomers on an annual basis, the app will be used by at least 50,000 people a year.

They provided a project manager, designer, architect, and developers.

The mobile application is available for free to all newcomers to Toronto. The development has just been completed, so it's too early to report its impact.

It was very effective, and the team was efficient and pleasant. The project manager responded within hours, gave clear instructions, and always tried to accommodate our requests.

I was most impressed by their attitude and sincere desire to help newcomers to Toronto. They don't have any direct business interest in the app, since it's free, doesn't have ads, and is funded by the government. However, they are still helping us promote the app and develop marketing materials to support our project.

Due to our limited budget, we couldn't implement several features that we wanted. However, we hope to do so in the future.

App Design and Development for FastGas

"They get a solid 10 out of 10 for their effectiveness!"

Apr. - June 2018

247 Labs provided two developers to design and develop an app from scratch.

Brampton, Canada
Quintin Dockery
CEO, FastGas

Their friendly and highly-structured team provided a noteworthy service, and will likely be the partner of choice for future projects.

I'm the CEO of FastGas.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

I hired them to design and develop an app for me.

I wanted to complete the app within a specific timeline and with great quality.

I found them online

They designed and developed my app, and documented everything.

The project team consisted of two people who were nice and helpful.

Their people are great. I loved the level of service they provided and would work with them again without hesitation.

They get a solid 10 out of 10 for their effectiveness!

How organized they were was outstanding.

App Dev for Nutrition and Weight Loss Company

“They pay attention to detail and are very accommodating around scheduling preferences.”

Dec. 2017 - Mar. 2018

247 Labs Inc. designed a mobile app that assists in promoting weight loss and proper nutrition. It is still in development.

Debra Landry
Owner, My Portions

The 247 Labs team was detail-oriented and worked flexibly to meet expectations. Communications and workflow were seamless.

I’m the owner of My Portions.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We hired them to design and build a mobile app.

The app we were looking to create aids in weight loss and promoting proper nutrition.

We did quite a bit of research and considered several, but had the most confidence in this company.

We had a series of discovery meetings in which they asked questions about the business and what I was envisioning for the app. They came back with mockups for review, and I made some minor revisions. We then signed off on the final design and I couldn't be happier. The app is still currently in development.

Initially we worked with our project manager, Awzar, who then introduced us to our designer, Oksana. She took our vision and created something wonderful.

The design phase went very smoothly. I’m very excited to see their final deliverable.

The process was seamless.

They were very accommodating.
    The team went above and beyond.

Web Application Development for Third-Party Client

“[W]e got a solution with high performance and sustainable functionality.”

Oct. 2017 - Feb. 2018

247 Labs Inc. developed a web application to track online calls, using Laravel and SSE for the build as well as a CallRail API.

Armenia
CTO, Web Development Company

The finished application meets the expectation perfectly, carefully tracking the calls and providing popup notifications as required. The team was able to develop a highly functional application through their solution-driven approach, managing the project effectively throughout.

Our company is web and mobile development company, focusing mostly on Angular SPA applications. We outsource other types of projects. I'm CTO within this company.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We needed them to build an automated way to collect and track all calls of web application visitors.

This application needed to work with WebHooks and be able to support thousands of calls in a day, tracking this information and showing it to other visitors of the current application.

The customer requested the use of Laravel and SSE, so we decided to hire a company that has experience with that. 247 Labs was the best candidate with the necessary skills.

The web application uses CallRail API and collects all calls and tracking information from it. It synchronizes with each call, showing a popup notification on the app which is to alert other visitors about the recent call. The application uses SSE and WebHooks to send events to the tracking site.

The team included the product owner, a project manager, a lead full-stack developer, and two senior developers.

Can you share any information that demonstrates the impact that this project has had on your business?

All expectations were fully met—we got a solution with high performance and sustainable functionality.

They used agile and scrum techniques to manage the project, and all milestones were clearly defined and delivered. We had daily stand-ups and weekly retrospectives to keep track of things.

The most impressive thing was the solution-driven approach. They were not just completing tasks, but caring about the resulting product and how effective its functionality will be.

Everything was perfect.