Hire Top Notch Developers to Deliver Excellence

247 Labs is a team of trained, certified and experienced developers, designers & product managers who follow a hybrid approach of Lean & Scrum process to deliver application development projects with excellence.

We work with  StartupsEnterprise organizations, SMBs (Small Medium Businesses) and other industry companies to understand their needs, architect and implement technical solutions for deliver value and create positive change.

Located in downtown Toronto at Toronto's Dev Hub right at Spadina & King, 247 Labs has access to the best dev & creative Talent in Toronto.  We offer unparalleled consultation & superb delivery for your application needs.

SERVICES WE OFFER

• Requirements
  • Testing & Quality Assurance
  • Development Operations

EXPERIENCE

Over the last 9 years we have been involved in design and development of custom applications.  Unmatched integrity and communication skills. Experience working for clients like GM, J&J, Rogers Communications and Motorola.

CERTIFICATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS

• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
  • IBM Watson
  • Upwork PRO

• 247 Labs Inc.
    46 Spadina Ave, 4th Floor
    Toronto, ON M5V 2H8

We work with Small/Medium enterprise businessesStartups & partner agencies.  Some of the key projects we have lead for our partner agencies & startups include projects completed for General Motors, Motorola, Rogers Communications, Fido, The Paul Getty Foundation, Oklahoma City, Johnson & Johnson, Ontario Government, Government of Canada, Davis & Henderson and Maytag.

Trailer Plus

Trailers Plus is one of the leading trailer manufacturers in North America. The 247 Labs team worked to build an online website that sets Trailer Plus as a digital leader that dominates the trailer ordering and e-commerce world with a superb UI/UX design. Our team came together on design, development & testing to build the number one website in its market and increase client sales even more.

My Direct Plan

MyDirectPlan is a solution for all of Ontario’s community support agencies. It has been designed to help people with developmental disabilities receive support. 247 Labs team created a web and mobile-based membership application that was easy to manage and to submit the application. Since its implementation, efficiency increased by 400%, and it has over 100,000 users to date.

Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson’s Talent Acquisition team needed medical students to know about their internship program. 247 Labs team developed a website that stood out with its own logo and its own branding. All the graphic elements were created from scratch and resulted in an appealing brand new website. Applications increased by 40% and the project was concluded in a tight timeline - just three weeks.

MET PathFinder

MET Pathfinder is a job search application designed to help Canadian Army Veterans' and their spouses' transition into civilian life once they leave the army. The Job Matching application enables employers to post jobs and sift through matched skills to engage with qualified candidates. 247 Labs' design and development resulted in a significant increase in engagement and usage of the job board.

Motorola

Motorola needed a custom solution to educate a global workforce about the features of their new products. 247 Labs provided a flexible, reusable solution to meet Motorola’s internal training needs. The e-learning platform we created was modular and designed to grow with each new release of a Motorola product while keeping their workforce knowledgeable on every new launch.

FitWear

FitWear was getting traction in the fitness apparel market. Their customer base was growing, but their original e-commerce site couldn't keep up. 247 Labs rebuilt the site on a solid enterprise-grade e-commerce platform. The results speak for themselves: 5 million unique annual users, instantaneous load times, ease of use, improved sales conversion and enhanced sales reporting.

Elite HRV

Elite HRV started as a personal passion project for its founder. With the help of 247 Labs, it has grown into the most widely used and top-rated heart rate variability (HRV) app. The result was a seamless user experience across a central website, iOS and Android apps, and heart-rate monitors. Users can interact with their heart-rate data on any platform and receive personalized recommendations.

Poliigon

Poliigon is the leading source of photo-realistic textures for digital artists. Poliigon’s extensive library of files was a challenge to manage. Our team re-architectured the website, redesigned the front-end user experience, and implemented a backend admin system. Following the development work, Poliigon increased its annual membership by 100% and we are glad to have them as an ongoing partner.

Mobile App Dev for Refugee Services Nonprofit

"I was most impressed by their attitude and sincere desire to help."

Mar. - June 2018

247 Labs designed, structured, and developed an app that hosted resources for immigrants and refugees. Their goal was to produce a user-friendly, robust, and accessible platform.

Elmira Galiyeva
Project Manager, TNLIP

Although no metrics were available, the development process was smooth and productive. 247 Labs went above and beyond the initial requirements, offering pro bono support after the project was complete. Their clear communication, efficient organization, and passion for the cause set them apart.

Toronto North Local Immigration Partnership is a partnership between organizations that serve newcomers. These organizations collaboratively develop and implement settlement and integration strategy that creates more welcoming communities and enhances newcomers' experiences.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

Through consultations with our member agencies, we identified a need for an information resource to improve the accessibility of community services. It needed to be modern, easy to use, and available to everyone.

Our goal was to develop a mobile app and website that would help immigrants and refugees in Toronto find programs and services to help them settle successfully. The app would be free, user-friendly, and accessible to people of different ages and immigration statuses.

We researched a few companies and met with three of them. We selected 24/7 because of their positive attitude, their efficiency and professionalism, and their understanding of our sector and newcomer needs.

Many immigrants and refugees use the Internet and various applications to access information. Our preliminary research revealed no app that covered Toronto-based immigrant services, such as settlement, employment, and healthcare.

The existing databases have certain limitations. Limited resources in the social service sector mean that information is not kept up-to-date, and the categories used to sort data are not necessarily intuitive for newcomers. Most countries of newcomers’ origin do not have settlement services, so they don't search for them upon arrival. Other online search options, such as Google maps, don't have all the features that we hoped to include in our app.

We wanted to ensure accessibility for vulnerable groups of newcomers, such as youth, seniors, and people with limited literacy and English or French language skills. Since Toronto welcomes over 300,000 newcomers on an annual basis, the app will be used by at least 50,000 people a year.

They provided a project manager, designer, architect, and developers.

The mobile application is available for free to all newcomers to Toronto. The development has just been completed, so it's too early to report its impact.

It was very effective, and the team was efficient and pleasant. The project manager responded within hours, gave clear instructions, and always tried to accommodate our requests.

I was most impressed by their attitude and sincere desire to help newcomers to Toronto. They don't have any direct business interest in the app, since it's free, doesn't have ads, and is funded by the government. However, they are still helping us promote the app and develop marketing materials to support our project.

Due to our limited budget, we couldn't implement several features that we wanted. However, we hope to do so in the future.

App Design and Development for FastGas

"They get a solid 10 out of 10 for their effectiveness!"

Apr. - June 2018

247 Labs provided two developers to design and develop an app from scratch.

Brampton, Canada
Quintin Dockery
CEO, FastGas

Their friendly and highly-structured team provided a noteworthy service, and will likely be the partner of choice for future projects.

I'm the CEO of FastGas.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

I hired them to design and develop an app for me.

I wanted to complete the app within a specific timeline and with great quality.

I found them online

They designed and developed my app, and documented everything.

The project team consisted of two people who were nice and helpful.

Their people are great. I loved the level of service they provided and would work with them again without hesitation.

They get a solid 10 out of 10 for their effectiveness!

How organized they were was outstanding.

App Dev for Nutrition and Weight Loss Company

“They pay attention to detail and are very accommodating around scheduling preferences.”

Dec. 2017 - Mar. 2018

247 Labs Inc. designed a mobile app that assists in promoting weight loss and proper nutrition. It is still in development.

Debra Landry
Owner, My Portions

The 247 Labs team was detail-oriented and worked flexibly to meet expectations. Communications and workflow were seamless.

I’m the owner of My Portions.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We hired them to design and build a mobile app.

The app we were looking to create aids in weight loss and promoting proper nutrition.

We did quite a bit of research and considered several, but had the most confidence in this company.

We had a series of discovery meetings in which they asked questions about the business and what I was envisioning for the app. They came back with mockups for review, and I made some minor revisions. We then signed off on the final design and I couldn't be happier. The app is still currently in development.

Initially we worked with our project manager, Awzar, who then introduced us to our designer, Oksana. She took our vision and created something wonderful.

The design phase went very smoothly. I’m very excited to see their final deliverable.

The process was seamless.

They were very accommodating.
    The team went above and beyond.

Web Application Development for Third-Party Client

“[W]e got a solution with high performance and sustainable functionality.”

Oct. 2017 - Feb. 2018

247 Labs Inc. developed a web application to track online calls, using Laravel and SSE for the build as well as a CallRail API.

Armenia
CTO, Web Development Company

The finished application meets the expectation perfectly, carefully tracking the calls and providing popup notifications as required. The team was able to develop a highly functional application through their solution-driven approach, managing the project effectively throughout.

Our company is web and mobile development company, focusing mostly on Angular SPA applications. We outsource other types of projects. I'm CTO within this company.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We needed them to build an automated way to collect and track all calls of web application visitors.

This application needed to work with WebHooks and be able to support thousands of calls in a day, tracking this information and showing it to other visitors of the current application.

The customer requested the use of Laravel and SSE, so we decided to hire a company that has experience with that. 247 Labs was the best candidate with the necessary skills.

The web application uses CallRail API and collects all calls and tracking information from it. It synchronizes with each call, showing a popup notification on the app which is to alert other visitors about the recent call. The application uses SSE and WebHooks to send events to the tracking site.

The team included the product owner, a project manager, a lead full-stack developer, and two senior developers.

Can you share any information that demonstrates the impact that this project has had on your business?

All expectations were fully met—we got a solution with high performance and sustainable functionality.

They used agile and scrum techniques to manage the project, and all milestones were clearly defined and delivered. We had daily stand-ups and weekly retrospectives to keep track of things.

The most impressive thing was the solution-driven approach. They were not just completing tasks, but caring about the resulting product and how effective its functionality will be.

Everything was perfect.

Web Design for Renovation & Construction Company

“I love the website they created.”

Feb. - May 2013

247 Labs Inc. designed and developed a web portal to allow staff to connect, message, and log updates on completed work.

Sal Ghannawi
Owner, Ghannawi General Contractors Ltd.

The finished website meets the required need perfectly and was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. They were transparent, professional, and took the initiative to ensure the project was a success.

I’m the owner of a home renovation and construction company.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

They’re in charge of all my web design and development needs. I hired them for a specific project, creating a web portal application for my staff, as well as to build my website.

I wanted to make it easier for my crew members to communicate through simple messaging, sharing websites, and tracking projects.

I was referred by friends who have previously worked with them.

They built a crew portal website that allowed everyone on my team and other contractors to log in, create and modify projects, then add photos and text updates. It also allows me to manage my users and projects while integrating a chat feature.

I only directly dealt with a project manager on their side. Throughout the project I had others attend the meetings with the designer, the developer, and a few other specialists.

They built the portal and completed it ahead of schedule. I love the website they created.

They had weekly meetings and sent me updates almost on a daily basis.

I was impressed by their friendliness, transparency, and leadership during the process as they walked me through what I needed to know.

There are always areas for improvement. It would be good to know ahead of time what things we may want and then be able to better plan for them.

Overall Score It was great work.
    They were few weeks ahead of time.
    I’m not really familiar with the market price, but they came in under budget.
    It’s good and I’m satisfied with the final website.
    They did an amazing job and I would definitely refer them.

Web Development for Boutique Agency

"They carefully listened to our demands and took the time to understand the requirements throughout the project."

Jan. - Mar. 2018

247 Labs Inc. developed and designed seven web pages and 12 individual project pages for a boutique agency.

Jamie Somerton
Creative Director, somerton creative

The team delivered requests at a rapid pace and listened closely to amend the UI/UX to new specifications. They cooperated directly with the owners and received positive feedback on their precise project management and personalized design standards.

I am the co-owner of somerton creative, a Toronto based boutique agency specializing in creative design, branding, marketing, and events.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We needed to hire 247 Labs Inc. to build our website based on our creative input and guidance.

We wanted to change the appearance of our website from a portfolio site to a full-scale agency website. We needed the complete project in a one-to-two month timeframe.

We met this vendor at a Toronto entrepreneurs trade show. We reviewed our project with them and other vendors and they were our best fit for future projects.

We provided our vision during all phases of the project. Their team built seven web pages for our site, along with setting up 12 individual project pages. Their team also handled bringing the new site online and providing us with backup support.

I coordinated with their digital solutions consultant, technical director, project manager, and front-end developer.

We launched the site only recently, but the new site better reflects who we are and serves the company well.

Oksana (Project Manager, 247 Labs Inc.) was incredibly efficient with communicating our requirements to her team. Their team completed the work at lightning speeds and were very prompt with replying and dealing with any concerns. They made managed the whole process well and it was very smooth.

247 Labs carefully listened to our demands and took the time to understand the requirements throughout the project.They completed our requirements immediately when we requested them, allowing the project to flow smoothly.

We were completely satisfied with our experience working with them.

Platform Dev for Military Charity Organization

“They’ve lived up our extremely high expectations.”

Mar. - Sept. 2017

Subcontracted developers from 247 Labs built a jobs platform, focusing on backend administration and data analytics with MongoDB and MySQL databases. They continue to provide support.

Savio Cardozo
Program Manager, Canada Company

Within a few months, the launched platform quickly gained thousands of users, thanks to 247 Labs’ solid code. Their expert consulting, efficiency, and detailed reports have contributed to successful results.

I have a director-level role within a charity set up to help Canadian military personnel transition to civilian careers after completing their service. I was the program manager for our work with 247 Labs.

What challenge were you trying to address with 247 Labs?

We were looking to build a platform that would connect retiring service members with employers, educational institutions, and entrepreneurial opportunities. At that time, our company had a job board in place, but it wasn’t searchable and had no automated matching capabilities.

They were initially subcontracted by our main vendor, who came from the learning space. 247 Labs was involved in two stages of the project, focusing on development work for our administration and data analytics site. Once the product was launched, 247 Labs was retained to provide support.

The platform has a MongoDB and MySQL databases. 247 Labs used Laravel PHP for development on the application side and implemented the Experience API (xAPI) for the MongoDB side. This lets us track analytics like time spent on pages and users’ progress on the learning modules.

Since our applicants have trouble describing their capabilities in civilian terms, the platform gives them the ability to create automated profiles with relevant skills. Once a user has entered the system, it also makes automated matches based on rank and military training. Candidates can quickly see the jobs they are compatible with.

The employer side also has a degree of automation, allowing recruiters to easily see which candidates are suited for certain roles. In addition, the platform has a number of learning modules about interviews, writing resumes, and negotiating salaries. We also match mentors to candidates based on different criteria.

The main project manager was from our company, while 247 Labs assigned a project manager from Ukraine. We also worked with two developers, one of whom was based in Tunisia. I met the CTO of 247 Labs in person. He also handled some development work.

How did you come to work with 247 Labs?

We found them through our main vendor, who retained 247 Labs as a subcontractor after one of their developers left the company. Our main vendor gave us assurance that 247 Labs could deliver on what they promised.

The cost of their services has been in the $50,000–$60,000 range.

We started working with 247 Labs in March or April 2017. The project was launched in September of that year. We liked their work, so we maintained our relationship with 247 Labs after terminating the contract with our main vendor. They continue to support our product.

In addition, we are about to enter the machine learning area in order to implement some job-scraping plug-ins. I don’t know what 247 Labs’ capabilities are in this area, but their CTO is a local AI expert.

We’ve seen an impressive adoption rate within a very short time. Initially, we migrated around 7,000 candidates to the new platform. It reached 10,000 users by February 2018, which was a confirmation of the site’s design and usability. Our employer count also increased, from 300 at the time of migration to 450 by February 2018.

I’m extremely happy with 247 Labs’ work for such a fast-paced project. They have amazing capabilities for the work we’ve done so far. I would refer them to anyone in need of similar services.

How did 247 Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Since they have a billing system that tracks the work almost to the minute, we can see what their team is doing and the completed tasks in real time. We used Jira as the main collaboration tool and Bitbucket for version control. Our management team is not very technical, so we used Google Docs for reporting.

They’re prompt and efficient. Since their developers work in different time zones, they were able to deliver tasks overnight. In contrast, a Toronto-based company would have delivered the same work in 1–2 days. At certain points, 247 Labs also worked during weekends.

247 Labs is very professional, courteous, and responsive—all of which are things I look for in vendors. They’ve lived up our extremely high expectations. They are technically knowledgeable. They’ve provided consultation and delivery on a wide range of tasks, from security to application design.

247 Labs excels in agile work, and I would recommend them for this type of project. I haven’t tested their waterfall abilities.

Overall Score They are responsive, capable, and professional. I cannot think of any negatives about 247 Labs.
    They have worked on weekends.
    I don’t know of another company that is as cost-effective as 247 Labs for the same level of quality.
    They've exceeded our expectations.
    I have referred them to three companies already.

Software Development for Online Retail Company

"247 Labs is great to work with. They've really sunk their teeth into it."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

247 Labs is integrating an age verification tool into an existing e-commerce site. They have coded a plug-in to bridge the two platforms and continue to focus on the UX.

Antony Bentinck
Company Director, Not Blowing Smoke Limited

The integration has increased industry compliance. Although working across time zones presents logistical hurdles, 247 Labs’ enthusiasm, dedication to technical rigor, and adaptability make them ideal for an ongoing partnership.

I own an electronic cigarette and accessories online retail business. We’re based in the UK.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs Inc.?

We hired  247 Labs to build a critical integration piece between our online  stores and a third-party age verification tool.

We wanted to understand the third-party’s SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) API and build the integration between that and our customer's checkout process. This integration will validate each users age causing as small a disruption in the checkout process as possible.

How did you select 247 Labs?

We selected this vendor because of their ability to start almost immediately. We based our decision on their eagerness and the knowledge their technical director demonstrated in our initial call.

They provide clear pricing structures, dedicated project managers, and developers who work around the clock to deliver on time, even when our supplier through a curve ball their way.

They have coded a plug-in to to link the two platforms together.

We deal with three or four people which includes two developers and one project manager. I catch-up with them weekly.

247 Labs are great to work with. They have really sunk their teeth into it, and linked the two platforms together with a little help from our partner. This accomplishment has increased our compliance within the industry.

247 Labs’ project management is great. It can be tricky to work with developers in different time zones, but the work is delivered.

Their ability to adapt to changing situations, clear, well thought out solutions, and existing knowledge of technology is impressive.

They would benefit from hiring more developers in time zones better suited to their clients.

Overall Score They're doing great!
    They always stay on schedule!
    They are competitively priced.
    We haven't had an issue yet, and I don't expect there to be any going forward. They have delivered what they said they would.
    We will recommend them to partners.

Networking Platform for Creative Professionals

“I appreciated their genuine dedication to achieving our goals. 247 Labs was sincerely invested in our success.”

Jan. 2018 - Mar. 2018

247 Labs provided consulting to define the scope of a networking and resource platform. The team contributed wireframes, user flows, and design deliverables. They’re currently developing the final product.

Vancouver, Canada
David Dugan
Founder, Connective

The team took thorough meeting notes and sent weekly status reports to archive pertinent project details. 247 Labs offered prompt responses and seamless collaboration. The prototype will help garner useful feedback from stakeholders and potential customers. Design deliverables were well received.

I’m the founder of Connective. We’re building a platform that will provide networking and resources for artists and creatives to turn their passion into a viable livelihood.

For what projects/services did your company hire 247 Labs?

We needed support to design, develop, and clarify the scope of our platform. I hired 247 Labs to segue my initial concept into a tangible product.

Initially, we needed a prototype to solicit feedback from coworkers, investors, and potential customers.

I researched potential vendors online. We considered a dozen development firms located across Canada. 247 Labs had consistently positive client feedback. They exhibited efficient and friendly communication on our consultation call. Most importantly, their focus and expertise aligned with our requirements.

During our project kickoff call, 247 Labs established a mutual understanding of the scope and requirements. They stress tested our concept by questioning specific aspects and suggesting alternatives. Weekly progress reports included updates on user flows, objectives, wireframes, meeting notes. Ultimately, they delivered the final designs.

The team included a project manager, technical director, and creative director.

247 Labs successfully delivered on our project requirements. I showed one of the platform’s final iterations to some my friends. They all provided positive feedback on the design.

They communicated promptly and effectively across the board. The project managers sent thorough and consistent status updates. Our teams synergistically collaborated to quickly complete the project.

I appreciated their genuine dedication to achieving our goals. 247 Labs was sincerely invested in our success. It never felt like they were just working for a paycheck or focused on their next client acquisition. They put in additional effort to ask generative questions instead of taking directions at face value.

Efficiency could always be improved, but 247 Labs barely took two months to complete the designs from start to finish.

Web Design For Real Estate Company

"The site looks fabulous and works exactly as it was designed."

Oct. - Dec. 2017

247 Labs built a WordPress website that displayed photos and allowed visitors to browse local properties. The website was built on a template with various custom features.

Digital Designer, AJJ

Responsive and attractive, the new website attracted new customers and projected professionalism. 247 Labs delivered consistently excellent work despite frequent changes in requirements. Their helpfulness, accessibility, and attention to detail made the project possible.

I am a freelance graphic designer who works on digital projects with individual clients.

Based on my designs, 247 Labs developed a website for a real estate client

The goal of the project was to create a website that showcased large photographs, gave the agent more credibility, and allowed clients to browse properties and invest time in the agency.

I posted a brief on Upwork, and 247 Labs reached out to me.

The client came to me because they wanted to improve a few pages on their current site. After reviewing the site with 247 Labs and discovering that the template was outdated and unresponsive, we decided that the best approach was to overhaul the site entirely. The scope of work grew significantly, from 5 to 12 pages. I designed the pages on a WordPress template, but 247 Labs was extremely accommodating with customizations. Our client was extremely detail-oriented. 247 Labs remained extremely patient and easy to work with despite a growing list of customizations and delays.

I was the designer and middleman, corresponding with both the client and 247 Labs. On 247 Labs' side, they provided a project manager and developers, although I'm not sure how many worked on the project. The owner supervised the project but was not involved with its day-to-day progress.

The site looks fabulous and works exactly as it was designed. It's extremely responsive and looks good on every format. I'm very satisfied with the outcome of the project and grateful for 247 Lab's patience throughout the process.

How effective was the project management?

Between the owner and the project manager, I felt that my project was always being given attention and consideration. If there were any shortcomings, they were my own. I wish I had connected the team at 247 Labs directly to the client.

Their patience. This was not an easy project.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

I prefer phone calls over Skype, so I wish they would offer that.

They were great on deadlines and worked very quickly.
    I found their rates very reasonable.
    The site looks fabulous.