Product Development For Startups & Enterprises

10Clouds is a team of 100+ experienced developers and designers based in Poland, ready to help you build your web and mobile applications.

Since 2009 we have built and designed software for more than 90 businesses worldwide, mainly in the United States, Western Europe, and Australia.

We partner with companies of all sizes to design, develop, and grow their digital products. Our expertise in web and mobile technologies, including Agile and Lean practices, will take your business venture from an idea to reality.

10Clouds consists of high-achievers who are passionate about their job and keep a strong focus on every detail of your project.

Our work has been featured on TechCrunch, The Economist, The New York Times, Wired and more.

Industries we focus on:

• FinTech (Financial Technology)
  • EduTech (Online Education Industry)
  • HealthTech (Healthcare Industry)
  • Blockchain Industry (Ethereum, Smart Contract Development, Private Blockchain Development, Hyperledger)

Web applications tech stack:

• React Native

Working with 10Clouds:

• 8+ years of software development experience
  • Time and materials contract
  • Accurate time logs for the work done
  • Constant contact with the team over video and Slack
  • Agile software development
  • NDA on request
  • Direct access to development environment and codebase
  • Certified Scrum Masters
  • Collaboration in different time zones
  • English speaking team

Warsaw, Poland
  • 10Clouds
    Finlandzka 10/10
    Warsaw 03-903
    Poland
    +48 575 909 903
  • 10Clouds
    3423 Piedmont Rd NE (Tech Village)
    Atlanta, GA 30305

See what key clients say about working with 10Clouds (videos). Companies from all around the world entrusted us with their application development.

Key clients include: Trust Stamp, Iplay Sport, CallerSmart, Zapp RideShare, GlucoseMama.

Welcome to 10Clouds - The Hub of Great Software

This is where great software is made. This is where magic happens. This is 10Clouds.

Check out our work and get in touch at [email protected]

A video showcasing some of our projects in web development, mobile development and product design.

Trust Stamp is an Atlanta-based startup with the potential to change how we do business online. The system uses blockchain accounting based on the Ethereum ledger.

Co-Founder Gareth Genner talks about the partnership with 10Clouds, design, development, and how it feels like working with a remote team located in Europe.

Visit Trust Stamp

GoSeqIt provides clinical and food microbiologists worldwide with the next generation of weapons for fighting infectious diseases.

CEO Mette Voldby Larsen shares how she picked 10Clouds to develop her product, the challenges of finding the right team and project management.

Visit GoSeqIt

Iplay is a social platform created by sport lovers for sport lovers, built for iOS and Android. It lets athletes connect with their fans, talk with teammates, coaches and manage their careers.

The main challenge in this project was to create a fully functioning MVP in time for the 2016 European Handball Championships in Poland. The MVP of Iplay was released and available for download a couple of days before the start of the tournament. Check out Iplay on the App Store!

After positive feedback arrived for Iplay in iOS, our client decided to move on and build a version for Android devices. 10Clouds designers and developers braught the app to life in a perfect shape - you can download it from Google Play and see!

Visit Iplay Sport

GlucoseMama

GlucoseMama connects pregnant women with diabetes and medical experts, in the effort of making future moms' lives healthier. The app is currently used in a medical study at the University of Maryland.

The iOS app consists of two main focuses - on logging blood sugar levels, and on planning meals and registering the daily carbohydrates intake. These, combined with a playful design and a reward system, makes GlucoseMama not just a tool, but a companion and emotional support in gestational diabetes management.

Every major step taken in GlucoseMama comes with a reward. The fact that you succesfully did your first log, chose the right food to eat, or kept tracking your health data up until the baby's birth - these are the reasons to stay positive.

timeION

timeION is an online app that enables company employees to easily communicate an absence, inform about remote work or request time off. The app simplifies the time off request policy and makes the experience pleasurable for both employees and managers. It lets users see all colleagues' availability at a glance and receive absence notifications from the closest coworkers at the right time.

One of the challenges was to create a system that established employee schedules in different timezones. Our back-end team built REST API with Django, Django Rest Framework and PostgreSQL while front-end developers used AngularJS and Bootstrap.

The goal was to create a brand that people would enjoy and actually want to use its product instead of being forced to use it. We played with letters and symbols to come up with timeION’s logo - simple yet eye-catching.

Visit timeION

CallerSmart

CallerSmart is a telephone number directory created by its own users. Our work in this project started from mobile development, but we ended up delivering on mobile and web application. Together with our client David Crane, we’ve built a tool that makes phone communication safer and easier to manage.

Thanks to starting up with the iOS app, we were able to develop the product in a mobile-first approach. The plans are that the web app will serve all the functionalities of the smartphone app. At this point, we’re fully responsible for front-end as well as back-end development.

uring the development of the mobile app, David took our collaboration to the next level and asked if we could take care of the overall app backend. We were excited to take on a new mission!

Visit CallerSmart

iOS Dev for Polish Gaming App

"10Clouds has an experienced team that engages fully in each project."

June 2017 - Ongoing

10Clouds designed and developed a social gaming app for mobile, creating an MVP in four sprints. They now manage product maintenance and feature additions.

Poznań, Poland
Marcin Jędrzejczak
Project Manager, Royals App

Within three months of launching, the app reached 5,000 downloads and attracted $1,000 from in-app purchases. 10Clouds’ transparency, reasonable price point, and consistent support continue to strengthen the product.

I'm the project manager of a social gaming startup called Royals App. Our company is located in Poland, and we currently have eight employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire 10Clouds?

We decided to cooperate with 10Clouds company in order to develop our minimum viable product (MVP). 10Clouds handled both the design and the development of the app. We’re still working with an iOS developer and a backend developer from 10Clouds to maintain the app and develop new features.

We needed to translate our idea into an iOS app that could validate our business model in the Polish market. We also wanted to reach 5,000 downloads of our app within three months after the launch.

First, we researched the best Polish software houses. We contacted five companies and narrowed our options to two companies after receiving their offers. We also looked at each team’s portfolio and valuation, and we contacted the CEOs of businesses who’d cooperated with each software house. In the end, selecting 10Clouds was a hard but good decision.

We gave 10Clouds an initial brief, which included a short description of our social gaming app, user stories, and a summary of our work on personas. We started with a scoping meeting in which the whole team took part, including the backend developer, designer, iOS developer, and project manager. In the meeting, we created the scope of the MVP and scheduled four sprints. During each sprint, we held daily meetings to make sure we were staying within our timeline.

We worked with a project manager, a designer, a senior iOS developer, and a backend developer.

We achieved both of our primary goals. Three months after the app launched, we reached 5,000 downloads. Users shared great feedback, and we successfully validated our business model and earned our first $1,000 from in-app purchases.

Communicating with their team is easy. Even when some bugs appeared, we knew we could fully rely on their support. All in all, we’ve set up a great workflow together.

10Clouds has an experienced team that engages fully in each project.

Having more experienced developers would help expedite the work in certain cases.

Speech Recognition Platform for AI Company

“10Clouds can always find the best developer for a project.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

10Clouds augments an internal team that builds AI software for language processing and speech recognition. Assigned resources help with UX/UI design as well as front- and backend development.

Seattle, Washington
CEO, Chatbot Startup

The launched speech recognition software now has thousands of users, which is attributed to 10Clouds’ work. Their expertise, creativity, discipline, and efficiency have led to more projects.

We provide cloud-based software for natural language processing and speech recognition.

For what projects/services did your company hire 10Clouds?

Initially, we hired 10Clouds for two different projects: one on speech recognition and one on natural language processing.

All of the solutions have to be hosted on Amazon Web Services. They have to be scalable, reliable, intuitive, and easy to maintain.

They were recommended by friends.

Together, we’ve completed two small projects and continue working on two bigger ones. Initially, we would write the core artificial intelligence algorithms and leave the rest to 10Clouds. They’ve helped us with UX/UI design, code development, continuous integration and deployment, launching, and maintenance. We’ve also determined the best developers and stack, wrote user stories, ran sprints, and measured productivity.

For each project, we had one UX designer, one UI designer, one frontend developer, 1–2 backend developers, two or more full-stack developers, one DevOps, and one QA.

We successfully launched the speech project on time. Since then, it has become one of the best solutions on the market, with more than 30,000 users to date. Developers just love our product.

How effective was the project management?

We have weekly meetings to measure project progress, do demos, and plan future sprints. They speak excellent English, so we’ve never had problems with communication. We use Slack and Jira to discuss goals and issues.

10Clouds can always find the best developer for a project. I'm often impressed by the quality of work they deliver. I appreciate their knowledge, discipline, code of conduct, and creativity. So far, 10Clouds has been the best engineering development company I have used. I've learned so much from them.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

I would recommend them to everyone.

Mobile App Dev for Advertising Consultancy

“It was a very comfortable and professional process.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Beginning with workshops to understand the idea, 10Clouds developed the minimum viable product of iOS mobile application. They created wireframes, worked on the design, and built the app itself.

Norway
Nils Petter Nordskar
Founder, Nordskar Kommunikasjon AS

After a testing and review period, the finished prototype is being prepared for release in the App Store. Communicating effectively, carefully tracking their tasks, and always attending meetings on time, the team displayed a high level of professionalism throughout the project.

I am the founder of Nordskar Kommunikasjon AS, a marketing consultancy firm in Norway, run solely by me.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

I use freelancers for implementations and work that I do for my clients.
My idea was to develop a mobile application which makes it easier for the user to pitch in for a friend who is having a difficult time. It would create a circle around that person of their common friends that will follow up on them in that hard period.

10Clouds took care of everything that connected with the design, wireframing, cost, evaluations, and then the development of the application.

They started off with workshops to analyze the idea I had. They then went through the design process. Once that was finished, we went into wireframing and more workshops to dive deeper into how things work. The application was developed as an MVP [minimum viable product] for iOS to begin with. That was to test it in Norwegian and English, and see how it works. If successful, we’ll continue on with Android development as well.

We had a key account manager who took care of everything. Whenever there was a larger supervisory issue, I would call him. We also had a day to day project manager and people from different departments, such as two designers and four or five people from the development side.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

I needed to find a partner who understood my business idea and my product. I also wanted a company that I could discuss things with and would follow through with the development data. I searched for several places in Poland and other European countries, as well as back home in Norway.

I surveyed four companies that I found on Clutch and 10Clouds won the contest with a clear margin. One of the reasons was our chemistry and the good atmosphere in their company. Some of the other companies were distributors with no physical building, and wouldn’t be able to do the work that 10Clouds could provide with 70 or 80 people on their team. The size of their team felt safe for me, as they weren’t just a small setup with three or four people.

I spent around $75,000 in total.

We started working together in April 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

The MVP is basically finished. We are now only dealing with release materials for the App Store and some discussions on what text to use.

We had a test period in the local market in Oslo, using some friends and family as well as some professionals. During that time, there were a couple features that we had to change dramatically in the middle of the development period, and they did that.

I have a lot of experience in design and advertising, and in my opinion, the team is top quality in its field. I couldn’t be happier with their way of communicating as well as their designs, and how they handled my comments when I disagreed with them. It was a very comfortable and professional process.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

There were no bumps that needed to be fixed or problems along the way. We followed the schedule they set up and the project manager ran things just fine. There were no issues with tracking time and making sure that everything was completed.

They invited me to Jira, but most of the time we communicated through Slack and email, in addition to Hangouts on Google, where we had messages going back and forth.

The most impressive thing about them is that they are always very precise. They are very exact about things. When the meeting starts at 10 o’clock in the morning, it always starts on time. They’re very accurate in the way they treated the process and the way that they treated me. We made several agreements that we followed and everything always happened in the correct manner.

I have never worked with any company that has been so precise and accurate in the way they follow up. There are no delays and they have been absolutely magnificent. I was very impressed, and it was surprising — I was not prepared for that.

I don’t know enough about their skills when it comes to business evaluation, business management, or the process of going deep into my business idea to see how it works and how to monetize it. However, I can’t say anything negative about that either because that little piece of the puzzle was so small in my particular project.

As a client, respond quickly and give the developers clear and precise briefs. Also communicate clearly. One of the reasons I am so happy with them is because I do my best to be a clear and understandable client. Using that as a tool to keep them motivated to do their best is a good strategy.

Overall Score I couldn’t ask for anything better.
    I have never worked with anyone as accurate as them.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Website Redesign for Mobile Key Technology

“They know how to provide good estimates and they focus on QA more than other companies we’ve worked with.”

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Using Node.js, React, and Shopify, 10Clouds helped design and execute the branding and online presence of a startup who manufactures hardware and an accompanying smartphone app for keyless entry.

Germany
Marketing Manager, Mobile Key Technology Company

Though easy communication and seamless implementation, 10Clouds delivered pleasing UX and visuals for the site. They readily asked questions, and daily check-ins kept the project on track ahead of major deadlines.

Our startup sells a WiFi enabled chip and accompanying app for smartphones. It allows users to open their door from their phone. I act as marketing manager and project manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

We wanted to redesign the site. Before we launched, people could pre-order the product, but we wanted our own shop that we could host using our servers. We wanted to use Shopify for the checkout.

The main task was creating the shop. We now offer partner products and bundles, so it was important to integrate all of that into the site. We wanted to focus on branding to make it clear what you’re buying from us, even though we sell other company’s products for keyless entry. We had some brand guidelines but this project meant coming up with a whole new design. The focus was on our customers, who are mainly tech lovers.

We use Node.js and React for our website. We wanted to be sure 10Clouds could work with those and enable a pleasant customer experience. They also needed to work in Shopify and make sure Google integrations were successful. The site is bilingual (German and English), which complicated geolocation services.

We had two project managers, a design lead, and a development lead who coordinated the rest of the dev team.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

My colleague worked with them before and was quite happy with them. I then did a smaller project with one of their developers and we were happy with what they produced. Since we worked with them already for development, we decided to bring them on for the design as well.

We spent about €25,000 ($30,992.75) on the website build.

We started working together in the Fall of 2016. We still work with them regularly.

People could pre-order the hardware before we launched, but it’s difficult to quantify the difference in sales now that we have the product. In general, we’re happy with the design and renderings 10Clouds provided. We also like the UX.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was quite good and implementation was seamless. They’re very easy to communicate with and their response times are good. If we had any issues with the website, they do their best to fix them.

We worked together on the site on retainer, so it was easy to reach them. We communicated by email, phone, Slack, and Jira. If they had any questions, they would ask. While we were in development, we had a crucial deadline. We scheduled daily check-ins so they could report to me and stay on top of issues. These check-ins let us pull engineers from our side if there were any questions about our servers or anything else in our control.

They’re great in development. They know how to provide good estimates and they focus on QA more than other companies we’ve worked with. Everything they provided was good-quality. If we found any issues, they fixed them immediately.

We had some small issues with timing in the design phase when creativity took longer than we expected. They respond to feedback and are always trying to improve. There isn’t anything specific that I would point out as a problem.

It helps to be really specific from the beginning. If you prepare all the assignments up front and agree to requirements ahead of time, you won’t have to schedule additional briefings afterward.

Overall Score I’m impressed by their design, but am even more impressed by their development skills.
    They did everything we needed and delivered near the deadline. We did put effort into telling them to finish, but they were communicative, open, and flexible.
    I’m happy with the cost. There are no bugs for us to fix, they provided high-quality work, and the delivery process was seamless.
    I’m really happy with the website and our users really like the design. 10Clouds did a great job.
    I already have.

Web App Dev for Digital-First Healthcare Company

"We had frequent and very transparent communication with all members of the team..."

Sep. - Nov. 2017

10Clouds developed a web app to assist doctors in their interactions with patients and provide a personalized healthcare program. They provided a main developer and a project manager for the task.

Vellinge, Sweden
Anders Eidergard
CEO, LX Improvements

10Clouds successfully delivered an app that makes the workflow more efficient for doctors. They were extremely transparent during the project and all the people involved with its creation maintained flowing communication.

We offer digital healthcare for people with chronic diseases, providing people direct access to their own doctor and a personalized healthcare program.

For what projects/services did your company hire 10Clouds?

We needed a web application for our doctors so that they could get a good overview of their patients, interact with patients individually, and provide them with drug prescriptions, referrals, and coaching. We wanted to launch with this first version of our service.

Our goal was to establish an extremely efficient and streamlined workflow for our doctors. The challenge was to reach the market in a timely fashion.

10Clouds came recommended through my network.

We did the design ourselves and handed it over to them so that they could develop a Node.js application. Integration with our backend was part of the project; we provided 10Clouds with an API to interact with.

We had one main developer, a project manager, and a key account manager. The team was consistent throughout the project, which was very helpful.

My goal was to have a working web app for our doctors and we definitely reached it.

How effective was the project management?

We did weekly sprints and it worked well overall. Initially, they overestimated some things and we missed some sprint reviews, but in general, things worked out quite nicely. We used a combination of Jira, Slack, Google Hangouts and Git, so from a tools perspective, everything worked just fine.

We had frequent and very transparent communication with all members of the team, from project managers to developers, and also with the DevOps specialists that appeared on an as-needed basis. This is actually one of the key things that makes this vendor stand out.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

Sprint estimations could be improved a bit as there was a tendency to take on a little too much work.

Database Dev for Education Integration Platform

“I've worked with many software companies, and I can say that 10Clouds has a team of skilled developers.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

10Clouds developed and continue to work on an education database platform that integrates student assignment setting, submission, and grading. The backend and frontend work involved Django Python and JavaScript.

Sweden
Co-Founder, Education Management Company

The completed database continues to be updated with bi-monthly new releases and currently has 5 customers totaling 1,500 users. The team is professional, competent, and communicative, utilizing Slack and JIRA to ensure tasks are correctly ranked and are responsive to requests at any time.

We are developing a Chrome curriculum and pupil development extension for Google Classroom. I am one of the founders.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

The main challenge was to find a skilled full-stack developer. We had worked with teams before, but I wanted to find a single person with vast knowledge about backend, frontend, security, and APIs.

10Clouds work on our extension. It’s a mission control for schools, handling student assignments in classrooms. After a teacher creates an assignment, they can input knowledge requirements from the curriculums for that assignment, which are visible to students. The platform collects all assignments and assessments for a class at the end of the semester, producing an overview of students, and in-putting grading.

When an assignment is clicked on it can be retrieved in the sidebar, which makes navigating through the Google Classroom environment easier and more seamless. It’s a database-driven extension using Google APIs, as well as Django Python and JavaScript.

Initially, we used a single full-stack developer, a project manager, and a tester. After 3 months, we brought in a frontend developer for CSS and HTML work. At its peak, we had 2 backend developers, 1 frontend developer, a coder, and a project manager.

We have gone back to the initial composition at the moment. We also have an in-house interaction designer who provides the specifications we send to 10Clouds.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

It’s hard to find developers in Sweden, which is where we’re located. Poland is close and it’s a less expensive source of talent. We checked Clutch.co and other places and saw that 10Clouds was based in Warsaw. It’s one hour away by plane, so we could go to them in the morning and come back in the evening for full-day workshops. I visited them 2 months ago and plan to go there again.

The cost of their work so far has been around $150,000.

We started working with 10Clouds in April 2017. The project is ongoing. We have customers and a full working system, but software is never finished.

We have 5 customers at the moment, with 300 students for each one, which totals 1,500 users. The business idea in itself has been a factor in this success, but 10Clouds made it work. We are really happy with them.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

We have daily 15-minute scrum meetings each morning with the development team. Every other week, we have a sprint-planning meeting. We use Slack for communication, and everything is entered in JIRA, so that we can prioritize tasks and issues. We make new releases every 2 weeks.

They understand our requests, and, if something is wrong, they adjust it accordingly. We have daily meetings during which we discuss our progress and ongoing tasks. The communication is great; if we post a question on Slack, they answer immediately.

In order to deploy a release in the evening, our developer can work evenings to secure the release if needed. This has never been a problem, and he is always flexible. I've worked with many software companies, and I can say that 10Clouds has a team of skilled developers."

I know that they are growing and onboarding many more developers. It is possible to grow too fast, but, if that’s their business strategy, it’s up to them. A smaller business can be controlled better, but there’s nothing for me to complain about. 10Clouds conducts good checks when employing new personnel, in order to find good, qualified people.

This is one of the best teams in Poland. They are qualified and listen to clients’ needs.

Some tasks took longer than anticipated.
    We have decided to only use senior developers, since this is cheaper in the long run. They’re not inexpensive, but the value is good.
    The coding and testing are superior.
    I don’t want everyone to use them but I would recommend them.

Mobile App Dev for Ride Sharing Platform

“I needed a combination of quality and value, and I found that in 10Clouds.”

2015 - Ongoing

10Clouds provided development, implemented a UX design, and integrated a backend management system for an iOS and Android app. They also managed branding, and currently work on generating new features.

Frank Scozzafava
Founder & CEO, Zapp RideShare

Receptivity and affordability makes 10Clouds stand apart from competitors, and also helped the app reach 20,000 downloads. Their team displays true commitment amidst stressful scope changes, and their ongoing service meets those same standards. Organization and adaptability are also notable traits.

Zapp RideShare offers rentable and shareable low-speed electric vehicles from a smartphone app. We started with electric motorcycles, which are essentially mopeds and scooters. We’re now moving into and testing 10Clouds’ bicycles and electric vehicles, which are essentially golf carts, but a little bit cooler.

All the strategically placed vehicles have numbers on them, and users are able to share or rent the them for various time increments. Users are also able to get a monthly subscription then share the vehicle with other users. It’s basically a rideshare community.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

I was trying to build the best app at a reasonable price as a startup, but I couldn’t afford to do it in the U.S. I needed a combination of quality and value, and I found that in 10Clouds.

They did everything from UX design to implementation. They handled the graphic design, branding, development, and coding not only for the app itself, but also for the entire backend management system we use to run the business.

10Clouds linked all of the hardware that goes into each one of our vehicles, which allows them to communicate in the backend system.

The app was built for iOS and Android, and it took us about 6 months until we were ready to launch. We’ve spent the last 1 ½ years perfecting and learning from real-life testing in order to implement new features or improve the original build.

There were about 8–10 people, some of whom were full-time from the very beginning. There are also some people who came in on a part-time, temporary basis to take care of certain things.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

I traveled through Ukraine and Poland, and met with about 6 different companies over the course of a month. One of the main things I looked at was their former work. 10Clouds’ team spoke English very well, but more importantly, they understood how an American college student would think. They really grasped Western culture.

We started working together in December 2015, and the relationship is ongoing. We never plan to stop working with 10Clouds.

I’m extremely happy with the team, as well as with their exemplary work. They go above and beyond. In the 2 locations for this year, including Key West, Florida, and the University of South Carolina, we’ve had 20,000 downloads. It’s a very specific, targeted app, so this is a significant number of downloads because it only consists of people who are riding our motorcycles. The student population at the University of South Carolina is only 37,000, and the majority of our downloads came from there. It’s not a worldwide app.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive. We used Slack, Google Docs, and Trello along with other internal means of communication. They’re very organized. There were plenty of times they had to keep their team working late due to the time difference between the U.S. and Poland.

They maneuver in a competent manner and are able to make prompt changes when needed. If I tell them I need to implement a change very quickly, they are mostly able to accommodate me.

They need to move to a warmer city than Warsaw. I’m impressed and happy with them, so I don’t have anything negative to say. I believe they’re a solid company. If a client is willing to travel to Poland, they’re going to have significant savings versus doing similar work in the U.S.

Overall Score I’m extremely happy with their programmers, project management, and UX design. We built the leading app in the industry in the U.S. as far as I’m concerned.
    They were always responsive through all the different communication tools. I pressured them to finish things before deadline sometimes, but they still came through for me.
    Their prices were great compared to the U.S. I probably could’ve gone to some cheaper places in eastern Europe or India, but the service level would have been lower.
    I’m extremely happy with everything they’ve built for me.
    I would recommend them to a colleague, and I urge anybody thinking about using them to reach out.

Redesigned Curriculum Platform for Student Assessment Firm

"They have a lot of integrity and some great design sensibilities."

Aug. 2014 - Ongoing

10Clouds redesigned a curriculum development platform meant to support standardized student testing and assessment. The project team now focuses mainly on new features.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Director, Student Assessment Firm

The work finished thus far doesn't merit critique. Assigned resources bring extraordinary discipline and design capabilities comparable to upmarket boutiques. Customer satisfaction is clearly a top priority

We're an educational testing and student assessment company. I'm a research director.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

We wanted to create a web-based app to support reading comprehension and English language learners to support teachers in classrooms and to create a curriculum for English learners.

They did all the frontend development for us including developing the stories and UX design. We built the backend. The app supports curriculum development.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

We were referred to them by a colleague who spoke highly of them. We went with them because they had the skill set that we needed.

How much have you invested with 10Clouds?

It was a large multiyear project, and we work on a fixed cost.

We began working with them in August 2014, and the work is ongoing.

The project is funded by the United States Department of Education and by the Institute of Education Sciences and is being used in a research context currently in middle school settings. We've gotten a lot of positive end-user feedback. They like the way it looks and feels. We're now testing a second version, which has much more functionality. The launch of that particular pilot is upcoming.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

They use Confluence to collaborate and wikis and JIRA and SASH for project management. Their project management is excellent.

What did you find most impressive about 10Clouds?

They're very reliable and accommodating. The customer is always right. They take care of any issues. They have a strong work ethic. They have a lot of integrity and some great design sensibilities.

Are there any areas 10Clouds could improve?

No, they're good, and they keep getting better. They'll bring on more people as they grow.

I have already referred them.

Python Developed Solution for Healthcare Startup

"They understood the project and were enthusiastic about the work."

Nov. 2016 - Dec. 2016

10Clouds replicated an existing command-line healthcare solution with Python/Dango, therefore reducing the barrier to entry for its target users.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Founder & CEO

Professionalism and accountability are major strengths. Project timing and key deliverables always met or exceeded expectations.

We work with data from the DNA sequences of bacteria that is translated into information using a web-based tool. Our product is relevant for clinical doctors and the people working in the food industry. I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

The method we developed for the backend of our tool was a running command line. We wanted to make the tool available as a web service to our target audience of doctors. Most likely, they will not know how to run command lines, so we needed a more user-friendly interface for the tool.

We collaborated with 5 people from 10Clouds: a backend and frontend developer, project manager, QA tester, and UX designer. They created a low-fidelity mockup webpage of our command line version in a Django framework. The backend script was written in Python so that many files could be uploaded at once, instead of individually.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

I found them through Clutch, where they were highly ranked. That was not my only criteria, as I also wanted someone working with Python because I knew Python a bit. I selected 3 or 4 agencies from Poland, interviewed them on Skype, and met them in person. The meeting I had with 10Clouds was the one where I got the best feedback from what I described and needed. They really understood my project and I felt confident that they could do something good with it.

How much have you invested with 10Clouds?

We’ve paid $17,000 for their services.

This project started at the beginning of November 2016, lasting for 4 weeks. Even though our engagement is officially over, they still answer my emails if I have some questions about how to make some changes myself. I want to hire 10Clouds again but we are currently out of money.

Could you share any evidence that would demonstrate the productivity, quality of work, or the impact of the engagement?

They are very professional and they deliver what they promise and even a bit more. I had not expected that good of a result because the contract said that the web pages would be a low-fidelity mockup. I had understood that as something low quality, but it is actually good. Although there are no visuals on it, it is still fairly okay so I do not think they promised too much. I am actually surprised at how much I got.

The interface is now more convenient and easier to use. At this point, we can ask beta testers to have a look at it. Another month of work is needed before we can release and charge for it. But so far, what we have been delivered is what we were expecting.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

We had several Skype meetings with 10Clouds once or twice a week. It was mostly with the project manager, but the other staff was also present. We also had discussions over their messaging system so that we could chat during the day. The UX developer had another system for showing me how he envisioned the platform. It was very convenient because he could make mockups of how the different web pages should look like. Then, I could come in and comment on them. They used JIRA, which made it easy for them to track who is doing what. It also allowed me to share data and see their progress. They also used other platforms for efficiently managing the work and communicating with us.

What did you most impressive about 10Clouds?

I appreciated the fact that it was the CTO and the CEO that I met with. They understood the project and were enthusiastic about the work. Other companies would assign a salesperson to meet with me; they did not know that much about the underlying technologies such as cloud-based services. I thought it was time-consuming for the CTO and CEO to meet with potential customers, making me unsure about hiring them. Being at 10Clouds was a really good experience for me because I got to talk to somebody who knew a lot and was not just a salesperson.

It came within the budget and on time.
    Compared to other Danish agencies, they definitely provide good value.

iOS Dev for Peer-to-peer Gambling Startup

"One of the reasons for choosing [them] was their experience with Agile [development]."

Jun. - Nov. 2016

10Clouds developed and launched a recently crowdfunded peer-to-peer social gambling app for iOS only.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Business Manager, Startup

Pros include responsiveness throughout the development process and dedication to quality coding. Expectations and projected timelines were both well managed.

We have developed a social betting app that allows friends bet each other on football. Our approach is different to what exists today with common betting sites, which don't actually allow users to bet against their own friends. We have produced an iOS app that is going to be released soon. I am the business manager and a co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

We went through a successful crowdfunding campaign earlier in 2016 for accelerating the development of our app. After this, we started looking for a developer.

We have worked with 10Clouds as a team, in order to design and develop the iOS app. 10Clouds also participated in the approval process for the App Store.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

I found 10Clouds on Clutch. We're located in Europe and wanted to find a developer that we could meet physically. Local development in Sweden is quite expensive, so we looked at markets and prices that fit our budget. I had heard that there are many good developers in Poland. We made a list of 30 candidates, connected with them via email, reduced the list to 10, and 10Clouds came out on top.

How much have you invested with 10Clouds?

The cost of 10Clouds' services has been between €25,000 and €30,000 [approximately $26,000 and $31,000].

We started working with 10Clouds in June 2016. The work ended in November [2016] when we began an approval process with the authorities. We will continue our development with 10Clouds after this.

One of the reasons for choosing 10Clouds was their experience with Agile, which made giving them detailed tasks very easy. Through daily stand-ups and proactive questioning, 10Clouds handled the project well.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

We've worked with a developer, project manager, and financial person from 10Clouds' side. There was very good response from 10Clouds, and the work was good quality. We used GitHub and Slack for project management.

What did you find most impressive about 10Clouds?

I haven't worked with too many developers, so there isn't something I could mention.

Are there any areas 10Clouds could improve?

No. We are very happy with what 10Clouds has produced and with their support.

We mostly worked with only one developer from 10Clouds, so I am rating them based on that person's abilities.
    I have recommended 10Clouds.