Because your reputation is your credibility.

The 10 to 1 Public Relations Difference:

We know it’s your reputation on the line, so we help clients build and protect their credibility before, during and after a crisis.

It doesn’t happen overnight.

You need 10 good things to be said about your company to make up for one bad.

That’s why we focus on creating a bank of genuine, positive awareness to build trustworthiness - so you can grow your business today and be more resilient in the future.

Because your reputation is your credibility.

If need a visual example of the 10 to 1 philosophy and our approach, our website has a short video that quickly and simply explains the concept.

We're also the sole Arizona partner of IPREX, a network of Independent public relations firms across the Globe.

Scottsdale, AZ
  • 14301 North 87th Street #105
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

While we work with most industries, many of our clients are healthcare, technology, mechanical, finance and transportation related.  A sampling of our current and recent clients include: Rosendin Electric, Plexus, Cereset, Brain State Tech, Lifestream Complete Senior Living, Platinum Living Realty, Advanced Genomic Solutions, FirstBank, Axolotl Biologix,The CORE Institute, HOPCo, Casago, Forrest Anderson Plumbing and HVAC, and Vantage Mobility Int'l.

PR & Story Creation for Senior Community Organization

“Their enthusiasm for finding new stories and angles is impressive.”

The team does PR for a senior living community to broaden brand awareness and build service differentiation. They performed a deep dive analysis; now, they primarily write press releases and blog posts.

Youngtown, Arizona
Scott Appel
Executive Director of Sales & Marketing, LifeStream Complete Senior Living

10 to 1 Public Relations has pivoted the brand and procured significant media attention, ultimately generating leads. The team is passionate and energetic about pursuing stories that perfectly encapsulate the brand and core values. The impressive results create value for cost.

I’m the executive director of sales and marketing at LifeStream Complete Senior Living. We have five senior communities in Arizona.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

Although we’ve been serving residents in the Phoenix valley for forty years, we needed to expand our brand awareness. There are many senior centers in Phoenix, as this is a very sought-after destination for retirement, and we really wanted to build up our reputation and expertise, since we know how to take care of and address seniors needs.

Also, we were introducing a short-term rehab home, an entirely new service offering. We converted one of our existing assisted-living buildings into a rehab environment that is unlike anything else in the Phoenix valley. The innovative home environment allows for real-life rehabilitation in a home environment, rather than a traditional facility. We wanted to make sure we launched that service effectively while tying that into the larger LifeStream story and driving the brand awareness that we’ve been looking for.

First, 10 to 1 Public Relations did a deep dive analysis of our five communities; they strove to understand each community’s story so that they could relay it under a unified umbrella brand. Although we adhere to the same core values throughout our five communities, each one has its own unique offerings and characteristics.

Then, we brainstormed different story ideas. Each community has different activities, from a pet parade to beanbag baseball, and we featured these activities in marketing materials and press releases that 10 to 1 Public Relations wrote for us. They also marketed our new short-term rehab home. The team turned many of our press releases into blog posts.

I typically have a single point of contact, but I can reach out to anyone at 10 to 1 Public Relations. Each of their team members knows exactly what is going on in our project.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

In a previous role, I started to look at who was making waves in the PR industry. Having been in the valley for a while and on the agency side for about 80% of my career, I had a pretty good knowledge of the PR firms and community. After shortlisting a few firms, I had a long talk with Josh (President, 10 to 1 Public Relations). We got along well, and he was very aggressive about taking on what we needed to do.

My company has spent between $25,000–$50,000 so far.

We began working with them in January 2019, and the work is still ongoing.

10 to 1 Public Relations is very energetic about going after different story ideas and making suggestions. They’ve secured several meaningful stories that effectively capture our brand and core values. We’ve received several media mentions, and our brand awareness continues to grow. My team closely monitors how potential leads hear about our company, and many seniors report that they saw one of our stories.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

10 to 1 Public Relations performs well in this regard. The team delivers reports on all secured media placements, which our sales team shows to prospective residents. I initially thought we’d need to have weekly scheduled meetings, but this didn’t work with my challenging schedule. 10 to 1 Public Relations has been very accommodating in working around my schedule, which I’ve appreciated. We communicate via phone, email, and text.

Their enthusiasm for finding new stories and angles is impressive. The way they function as a team is unique, and their fluidity in working with my team is remarkable as well.

At this point, there aren’t.

Make sure that you are empowering 10 to 1 Public Relations with the right tools to be successful. Be clear on what your brand story is, and have your spokespeople ready to go. You have to be as much of a team member as they are to you, which I see as a good thing.

Overall Score They have exceeded my expectations.
    They keep me on schedule.
    It has been a very high value for the amount of work they do.
    They are great professionals, and the quality of their work is quite outstanding.
    I would highly recommend them.

Earned Media Exposure for Orthopedic & Neurology Practice

"You’re getting a team dedicated to your company that helps you gain the exposure you’re looking for."

2013 - Ongoing

During an extensive engagement, 10 to 1 Public Relations coordinates earned media efforts for a medical practice. They pitch and draft news releases and patient features before distributing to various outlets.

Allison Horn
Former Senior VP of Marketing & Sales, The CORE Institute

10 to 1 Public Relations has proven to be a reliable and skilled long-term partner. They have increased website sessions and earned media exposure, creating a successful engagement. The team exhibits a client-focused approach and is thorough when devising practical topics and solutions.

I am the former senior vice president of marketing and sales at The CORE Institute, which is a large orthopedic and neurology practice based in Arizona and Michigan.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We engaged 10 to 1 Public Relations to increase the exposure of our practice from an earned media perspective. We had an internal team to execute paid strategies, but we were not proactive in releasing information or success stories about ourselves or our patients.

Our agreement with 10 to 1 Public Relations called for them to serve as an extension of our marketing team. We relied on them to pitch ideas and write drafts of news releases or newsworthy patient features. Once their work received our approval, 10 to 1 Public Relations distributed the story and served as the point of contact for any follow-ups.

We worked primarily with Josh (President, 10 to 1 Public Relations) and the rest of his team.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

A mutual connection introduced Josh to our CEO. Josh presented a solution to our troubles, and we agreed to a year-long agreement. We briefly considered hiring for an internal team member, but we saw more value in Josh’s team, so we extended them for several more years.

We probably spent close to $200,000 in my time there.

I’d estimate that we started working together in 2013. The relationship is ongoing.

In our first year of the engagement, 10 to 1 Public Relations helped to increase our web sessions by 61%. They also managed to increase our media exposure, but I don’t have specific metrics for that readily available.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked very well together. Their team has the resources necessary to help companies like ours that cannot do this kind of work internally, and they held us accountable. It’s refreshing to have a partner come to the table with solutions.

I found 10 to 1 Public Relations to be small but mighty. You’re getting a team dedicated to your company that helps you gain the exposure you’re looking for.

No, I can’t recall any pain points.

Talented as they are, they can’t do all of this on their own. It’s crucial for the client to be engaged, as well.

Overall Score The team is very responsive and willing to help.
    I don’t think I ever had to follow-up with them to learn about where a project stood.
    We were able to not hire somebody internally but still receive the services we needed.
    Healthcare is a niche industry, and I can’t expect them to know everything about our field.

PR & Marketing for Marketing Consulting Company

“You’re hiring 10 to 1 Public Relations to be the experts, so trust them to be the experts.”

June 2014 - Ongoing

10 to 1 Public Relations provides ongoing PR and marketing services. Their efforts include media placement through news articles and media websites. They also organize public events with local nonprofits.

Ryan Englin
President, Core Matters, LLC

10 to 1 Public Relations delivers an effective service that increases brand awareness and credibility. Their performance has been known to yield positive news coverage and glowing representation in trade publications. Executive-level engagement facilitates result-oriented brainstorming.

I’m the president of Core Matters, LLC. We’re a recruitment marketing agency that works with small to medium-sized businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

There’s a lot that goes into cultivating brand awareness and letting a community know you’re a contender in the marketplace. We lacked the skills to accomplish that internally, so we hired 10 to 1 Public Relations to function as our PR department.

10 to 1 Public Relations leads our PR and marketing efforts by utilizing a variety of different approaches. This includes traditional media placement via newspapers, magazines, and trade publications. They also take advantage of local digital media websites to further increase our brand awareness. As our company continues to grow, it’s their responsibility to promote our messaging and let customers know that we’re continually launching new products. We also subcontract them to provide PR services to our clients.

I work almost exclusively with Josh (President, 10 to 1 Public Relations), but have also interacted with a senior account executive.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

I don’t remember how exactly I met Josh, but I’m sure it was through some form of networking. We got to talking about opportunities and I connected with his PR philosophy.

We’ve spent at least $100,000 for their services over the last four years.

We started working together in June 2014 and the engagement is ongoing.

Thanks to the work of 10 to 1 Public Relations, we’ve been highlighted in online and print publications as an influential thought leader. That kind of coverage solidifies our credibility and authority within the marketing space. They’ve also done some work for our clients that was picked up by several news outlets.

Josh suggested we get involved with a local charity event to boost our public goodwill. We took his advice and donated to a nonprofit. The whole community rallied around this event and everything came together seamlessly.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re super responsive. If Josh doesn’t pick up the phone, I get a call a back before the day is over. They get busy at times, but we never feel like we’re left out of the loop. Josh and his team organize the entirety of our large events. All we do is show up and the events take off.

Their overall approach to marketing and PR is what differentiates them from other providers. They help us get credit for good projects so that when we receive negative press, the impact isn’t as significant. I also appreciate that Josh isn’t afraid to challenge me when I present an idea. He actively collaborates with me to find the best way to promote my brand.

They’re relatively hands-on, but I wish they used a project management system so I could always know what’s happening.

You’re hiring 10 to 1 Public Relations to be the experts, so trust them to be the experts. They’ll absolutely deliver.

They’re always on top of stuff.
    I wouldn’t keep them around if they weren’t worth it.

PR for Casino Marketing Agency

“They understood the delicate nature of what we were doing and handled everything very professionally.”

Mar. - Aug. 2018

Spearheading a PR campaign, 10 to 1 Public Relations wrote press releases, arranged interviews, and assisted with media coverage. They provided support before/during and after the event.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Account Supervisor, Ad Agency

Both the internal team and the client are highly satisfied. Experienced and proactive, 10 to 1 Public Relations went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their exceptional communications skills helped them work quickly and effectively despite a multi-level approval process.

I'm an account supervisor at a full-service ad agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

One of our clients was organizing an event and we needed a PR company to help us with media coverage.

We wanted a heightened local focus in Phoenix, so we relied on their expertise almost every step of the way. Both our in-house team and our client (a casino) had constant communication with 10 to 1 Public Relations. They presented us with a timeline and a communications plan, helping us come up with the deliverables. Then, they wrote press releases, arranged free onsite interviews, and assisted with media coverage. They were also available the day before and the day of the event, helping us with some political high points. They continued to keep us updated on the media coverage, even after the event.

I mostly worked with their owner and two other members of their team.

How did you come to work with them?

They were recommended to us by someone we trust. We were impressed with their in-depth knowledge of the Phoenix market, so we hired them.

We spent between $10,000–$20,000.

We worked with them between March and August 2018.

We received praise from the client and they were very thankful for everything 10 to 1 Public Relations did. Also, we were able to monetize the value that we had provided to the client because 10 to 1 Public Relations gave us very detailed reports.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

We talked to them daily and had bi-weekly phone calls where we discussed the progress.

Working in the casino industry can be challenging due to the fast pace and involves multiple parties being very hands-on in the process. 10 to 1 Public Relations was very comfortable dealing with the approval process. They understood the delicate nature of what we were doing and handled everything very professionally.

I can’t think of anything.

Public Relations for Full-Service Plumbing & HVAC Company

“They have really helped us become a household name.”

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

10 to 1 Public Relations works with a plumbing and HVAC company to improve their visibility in the community. They consult and arrange press opportunities, create press releases, and maintain the PR campaign.

Audrey Monell
President, Forrest Anderson Plumbing & Air Conditioning, Inc.

10 to 1’s work made a dramatic difference in increasing the community’s familiarity with the company. They receive awards and are featured in the news and publications, building awareness and goodwill for the company. They deliver effective PR work along with helpful, unpretentious collaboration.

I’m the president of Forrest Anderson Plumbing and Air Conditioning. We do service, repairs, maintenance, and installation. We also do construction for both plumbing and air conditioning.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We needed help to get our name out in the community.

We initially began working with them to get nominated for an award that we wanted, and we are a finalist for that award this year.

We hired them to handle our PR for both plumbing and mechanical. They have a non-compete clause that's exclusive to Phoenix, so we are the only plumbing and mechanical company that does business with them. They send out all the press releases for us and give us ideas for different types of spots that we can do. They have arranged for members of our team to be on the news multiple times, which have always been good segments. They also handle the PR campaign for our air conditioner donations to deserving veterans each year.

I work with the owner and a senior account executive.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We were referred to them by the marketing company that we use. We didn’t interview anyone else as we liked them and what they did.

We’ve spent $39,000 since we started working together.

We began working with them in September 2015 and the work is ongoing.

Since we started using them, our company has received a lot of awards that I didn’t even know existed. They have really helped us become a household name. We are in the news or a publication at least 10 times per year right now, and before working with them, it was zero.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

They are awesome and I really enjoy working with them. We are a small, family company and I wear many hats. They are very diligent about helping me to choose the right wording for applications and making sure that they all get in on time. They help me write speeches and advised me about what to wear to an awards ceremony.

They are extremely easy to work with, but they don’t let me slack on deadlines. They are good at getting a hold of me and persisting and not taking it personally if I don’t answer. Before working with 10 to 1, we viewed PR people as slick salesmen, but 10 to 1 are the exact opposite. They are very down to earth, very nice, and not pushy at all. We just love them.

Everyone has room for improvement.

Brand Management & PR for Transitional Care Company

“They dug into our core values and business model to create a campaign that was accurate and effective.”

Aug. 2017 - Mar. 2018

10 to 1 ran PR and brand management to engage with the local community and business partners. They secured spots in radio, print, and in-person to spread the word about the new services.

Ed Smith
VP of Operations, Mainstreet Health

10 to 1 maintained clear communication and fostered a personal relationship. They were proactive and required minimal oversight, completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner. They took a sincere interest in the service to better understand and market it to the public.

I was the vice president of operations in Arizona for Mainstreet Health Rapid Recovery Centers, a business that provides transitional care services. We help patients move from a hospital setting to a skilled nursing stay and finally to their home setting.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We were opening new buildings and wanted to optimize brand management and recognition. We wanted to reach the communities we were operating in and the partners we’d be working with.

10 to 1 met with our local leadership and spent a lot of time understanding our core business and services we offer. They identified areas that would be a strength to market in the communities we were targeting. From there, they developed a plan and coached us through radio interviews, print stories, and in-person meetings with the community and the local Chamber of Commerce.

Our two main points of contact were the president and our account executive.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We had a consultant who brought 10 to 1 as one of our final three firms we were going to work with. They had excellent references from people we knew personally in other companies, and we liked how available and accessible their leadership was. They listened to our ideas and packaged them in a professional way to show their expertise, so we hired them.

We spent between $50,000—$100,000.

Our partnership lasted from August 2017—March 2018.

10 to 1 secured numerous opportunities for us to present our services through radio, print, and in-person interactions. Of the 10 stories we submitted to get coverage, eight were picked up. The partnership was highly successful.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

10 to 1 not only communicated with our leadership but also worked well with the overall team. Whenever we didn’t have time to provide feedback, they would be proactive and find something else to work on until we responded. They worked well with the marketing team to develop projects and reported directly to our leadership. Their project management was excellent, adapting well to any changes in the timeline.

They genuinely wanted to understand our business and make sure we connected with the public. They dug into our core values and business model to create a campaign that was accurate and effective. They maintained personal interaction that built a great relationship.

No, they met and exceeded all our goals and expectations.

Overall Score They did a great job of understanding our needs and setting, managing, and executing a plan.
    We met all our deadlines. They were organized and proactive throughout the process.
    They were well-priced and delivered a service we’re happy with.
    They did a great job of securing and prepping us for every story and interview.
    I'd have no hesitation recommending them to any colleague or peer.

Public Relations & Messaging for Genetic Testing Company

“10 to 1 goes the extra mile—they’re always thinking about how they can improve our messaging.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

10 to 1 manages PR and messaging, finding local, national, and international press opportunities. They helped expand into the corporate wellness space to keep the product relevant and known.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Lance Bennett
Co-Founder, Advanced Genomic Solutions

10 to 1 has a deep understanding of the product offerings and how to effectively market it to various parties. They’ve secured opportunities as large as a Telemundo feature, most of which result in a spike of sales. They’re organized and able to adapt to changes in the scope or schedule.

I’m a co-founder of Advanced Genomic Solutions (AGS), a genetic testing company focused on improving individuals’ health and wellness. We provide genetic testing results for people to be empowered by their own unique information and to make healthier lifestyle choices.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We’re a new startup, so we needed to get our message out to the public via press releases, local news, national press, etc. We wanted to hire a PR firm.

When 10 to 1 first came in, they did their best to understand our company and what we’re trying to accomplish. They wanted to better grasp our goal of making genetics accessible and actionable to the public. Once they understood what we offer, they began contacting news organizations, newspapers, and business journals to find interest and get our name out there.

Our main contact was 10 to 1’s president. We also worked with their senior account executive.

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We were looking for a PR firm when someone recommended 10 to 1 to my co-founder.

We spent about $2,500–$5,000 a month.

We’ve been working together since March 2016.

10 to 1 consistently delivers. We were recently featured nationally on Telemundo, which opened us up to a whole new market. They’ve also been able to secure press opportunities all over the U.S. Whenever I travel for different sales events, they schedule me for the local news, which almost always leads to a spike in sales. When the news station puts their content online, we’ll see some residual sales also.

A lot of our business focuses on the corporate wellness space, so press releases that highlight how we’re working with certain companies inspire others to contact us and get more information. 10 to 1 keeps us relevant and in the know.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

We can be difficult to work with sometimes, but 10 to 1 stays organized and is flexible when we’re unable to meet a deadline. They keep us moving forward and debrief us quarterly on how we’re doing and next steps.

10 to 1 goes the extra mile—they’re always thinking about how they can improve our messaging. They work late and on weekends, which not all companies will do. We’d use them more if our budget allowed it, and we’d definitely recommend them to anyone.

No, they’re doing a good job.

Overall Score Generally, we’re very happy with them. They do a good job.
    We sometimes delay things, but they’re flexible and do their best to stick to deadlines.
    They deliver and make sure we see the value in what they’re doing.
    I’d recommend them.

Public Relations for Virtual Radiology Practice

“10 and 1 got us access to every significant press entity in our industry.”

Sept. 2015 - Jan. 2018

10 to 1 managed a PR campaign to raise awareness for teleradiology services. They contacted various press outlets with a specific focus on a large tradeshow.

Robb Vaules
Western Regional Sales Director, Teleradiology Solutions

The entire team at 10 and 1 was accessible and honest. Their President was highly-involved in the campaign and maintained constant communication. They secured features in nearly half of all relevant publications.

I’m the Western regional sales director for Teleradiology Solutions, a company that reads radiology studies for medical facilities when they don’t have a radiologist available. We have clients all over the world and typically send them their reports within 30 minutes of receiving the scan.

What challenge were you trying to address with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

We wanted to gain better traction with the radiology and medical press, specifically in the journals, magazines, and websites. We also wanted a better presence at the second largest medical tradeshow in the world.

10 to 1’s main focus was to help build case studies and reach out to the press to discuss our services. They connected us to various press outlets through phone and on-site interviews. At the tradeshow, the press came by our booth to interview me and our CEO.

We worked mainly with Josh (President, 10 to 1 Public Relations).

How did you come to work with 10 to 1 Public Relations?

Josh and I are both based in Arizona, and I met him through some former coworkers. I’ve known him for years and worked with him in different positions, so when I began working at Teleradiology Solutions, I decided to hire him.

We spent around $20,000.

We worked together from September 2015–January 2018.

10 and 1 got us access to every significant press entity in our industry—we had contact with all their editors. Of about 20 publications and sites relevant to us, we were featured in about eight of them.

How did 10 to 1 Public Relations perform from a project management standpoint?

They have excellent project management. Josh was always available and communicated constantly by phone and email. During the tradeshow, he came into town and spent a few days with us on the floor.

10 to 1 is accessible and honest. They work hard and foster a good relationship. I’ll definitely use them again.

No, I can’t think of anything. I was pleased with their services.

Overall Score They get things done and do them well.
    They were always on time. We were the ones delaying the schedule.
    The price was reasonable, and you get more than what you pay for.
    They did the job until it was done right.
    I’ve already referred them and will again.