Custom software development since 2008

ZUZEX is an IT company that develops custom software. We have two offices located in Australia and Russia. Our specialists develop websites and applications of any complexity for companies and individual customers from the USA, Europe, and Asia.

The company is founded in 2008, and today we've grown to more than 60 IT experts accomplishing a full cycle of services in software development area.

Services:

• Windows software development
  • Mac applications development
  • Development of custom websites
  • Mobile applications development
  • Data science and image processing
  • Software and websites quality assurance

Experienced in:

CRM solutions
Productivity & collaboration
Managed services

• Nic Lee (Singapore)
  • Vadim Pougatchev (Washington, US)
  • Ido Bukin (Singapore)
  • James Kelly (Melbourne, Australia)
  • Duncan Shadbolt (United Kingdom)

Personal dashboard extension

Price optimization for a TV company

Social application

iPhone browser with blocking features

Mac app for Dropbox

Disk analyzer

PC Cleaner

Archiver software

Real estate webiste

Pedestrian travelers website

Online booking and management portal

Social network

Online courses portal

Wines website

Bugs tracking and management platform

Doc2pdfconverter.com

A website for fast creation of simple websites

Parental control application and website

www.use.com image hosting

Website for tracking your servers activity

C# Development for Dental Imagery Software

“Thanks to Zuzex, our capacity to accomplish more tasks has significantly improved.”

2016 - Ongoing

Zuzex provided additional development resources to help build an imaging software solution, using C#, as well as a web-based license management system, using MVVM.

Falkenberg, Sweden
Development Manager, Medical Software Provider

Zuzex has allowed the company to achieve more software solutions than previously possible, improving productivity across the board. Quick and flexible in communications, their team is a pleasure to work with.

I'm the software development manager for a company that creates imaging software for the dental industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zuzex?

We needed more developers to help build the new version of our imaging software.

Zuzex is helping us with various software development projects, using C#. They've helped us integrate various imaging devices and hardware into our software and have done a great deal of work on our new user interface, using Model–View–ViewModel (MVVM). Additionally, they've helped build an internal web solution for license management, allowing our technicians to have a user interface to access and create license codes.

I mostly work with a project manager and five of their developers.

How did you come to work with Zuzex?

I found Zuzex through Upwork. After reading their reviews and talking to others who had worked with them previously, I was convinced that we should give them a shot.

Last year we invested $116,000.

We started working together two years ago and the relationship is ongoing.

Thanks to Zuzex, our capacity to accomplish more tasks has significantly improved. Our small company is now able to push more cases through our product. Adding five of their developers to our team has been invaluable to our business.

How did Zuzex perform from a project management standpoint?

They're quick to respond and very flexible, utilizing our preferred methods of communication and project management systems.

They're easy to work with and very good at what they do.

Try to go into the relationship with a good plan of action, so you know how many developers you'll need to move your projects along.

It's hard to earn a perfect score since our own developers understand our product the best.

Development Partnership Across Several Technologies

"I've outsourced work to over 250 individuals and companies over the last 15 years, and ZUZEX has been the strongest crew I've worked with."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

ZUZEX provides an Australian developer with extra capacity for AngularJS, native iOS, and cross-platform app development projects, among others.

Freelancer

Melbourne, Australia
Founder, Development Firm

High responsiveness, internal code testing, and consistently high-quality coding have made for a strong partnership. ZUZEX is constantly seeking improvement as an organization.

We are an Australian software development company focused on web, mobile, and other applications for national and international business clients. I am the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZUZEX?

We needed to handle overflow, in terms of projects we couldn't personally manage.

ZUZEX has worked on multiple projects for us, varying from web development using AngularJS, native iOS work, and Android/iOS cross-platform projects using the Ionic platform. We have also used ZUZEX for an Objective-C Mac OS project.

I primarily deal with ZUZEX's project manager and have little interaction with the actual developers. This style has worked fine. Their manager always seems to be on top of things and has alleviated some of my project management duties. ZUZEX has an in-house testing department, which allows us to have a ready-tested round of changes. By the time we receive the work, there may only be a couple of issues left. I have outsourced to other companies where they saved the code as is and sent it to us without any testing. That was always a pain point.

How did you come to work with ZUZEX?

We found ZUZEX through Freelancer.com. We required a special skill which not many people could offer, namely the ability to read C# code from a Windows application and program a Mac application based on it using Objective-C. ZUZEX told us that they could do this; after reading their profile and reviews, and based on my 15 years of experience, I gained confidence in ZUZEX.

How much have you invested with ZUZEX?

The cost of ZUZEX's services has been between AUD $15,000 and $20,000 [US $11,500-$15,000].

We started working with ZUZEX a year ago. They continue to support our projects.

We have released the mobile software created by ZUZEX and received great feedback from customers. In one case, the client had already developed the bulk of their mobile app through another popular Australian company. They gave it to us, and we reviewed it along with ZUZEX. We were unimpressed with the quality of the source code, especially for the price tag. By the time ZUZEX got through with it, they were able to clean up much of the other developer's mess and optimize the app. By the time we released it to the customer, there were no complaints; people were very happy with it. I reviewed the source code using GitHub and found it to be far ahead of the other company. I was definitely impressed with ZUZEX's standards.

How did ZUZEX perform from a project management standpoint?

I've enjoyed ZUZEX's communication. They reply to our emails quickly and are available five days a week. We primarily communicate through email, GitHub, and Skype.

What did you find most impressive about ZUZEX?

I've outsourced work to over 250 individuals and companies over the last 15 years, and ZUZEX has been the strongest crew I've worked with. I've spoken with their owner and could tell why ZUZEX performed so well. He is always looking at better ways to improve and is never satisfied.

Are there any areas ZUZEX could improve?

From the moment ZUZEX's office opens, they are available. They can also receive messages after office hours, if it's important.
    ZUZEX's cost value is fantastic, and they haven't bumped up the price over our one-year collaboration.
    ZUZEX's quality of service surpassed that of some big Australian companies I've worked with.
    I wouldn't want anyone else using ZUZEX, but I have recommended them to people I like. They have not been disappointed.

Medical Application Development for Health IT Company

"The primary benefit of working with ZUZEX is that they are thorough and able to solve complex tasks."

ZUZEX worked on the development of a Windows-based desktop application and several mobile applications for the Android and iOS platforms.

Vadim Pogatchev
Owner, Startup Personal Health & Wellness Company

ZUZEX performed outstandingly by handling the complexity of the project. The team exhibited responsiveness and meticulous project management throughout the project.

My company develops products for personal health and wellness. We use biomedical sensors to measure heart rates and interpret the information in order to determine how well a person is doing. The product is intended for the consumer market.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ZUZEX?

I needed to develop the software for my product. I don't have in-house software developers, so I had to use an outsourced company for the project. I had experience with other groups, mostly out of India. I was not very happy with my previous experiences there, and decided to work with ZUZEX based on their profile.

We've worked on several projects together over the last year. The first project ZUZEX developed for me consisted of a Windows-based desktop application. They've continued to work on several mobile applications for me since then, both on Android and iOS.

How did you come to work with ZUZEX?

Before I committed to them, I carefully researched their previous work, trying to find a match to what I needed. I wanted to know how good they were, and what the feed-back from previous clients was. I decided to give them a try, and they performed well.

By profession, I am a software developer as well, so I am familiar with what has to be done during the scope of such projects. It was fairly easy to make a decision based on my knowledge.

The average monthly cost for my work with ZUZEX is around $5,000.

I started working with them a little more than a year ago.

How did ZUZEX perform from a project management standpoint?

Most of the time, I work with their project manager. He is quite responsive and meticulous. We have detailed discussions about our processes. Communication is very good.

What distinguishes ZUZEX from other providers?

My projects involves working with sensors which connect wirelessly, or via USB, to various devices in order to measure biomedical signals. This involves signal processing, and real-time data parsing and displaying. I previously worked with an Indian company which dropped the project because of its complexity. ZUZEX took over the project and performed very well. They definitely have the necessary set of skills for this work.

Is there anything ZUZEX could have improved or done differently?

Sometimes, I have to wait for their response on certain items. I do realize that they're based overseas, and there is an 11 hour time difference. Sometimes, the urgent response I require doesn't occur, but there's always a good reason for that. I've never been upset with ZUZEX because of this. Since I'm a software developer myself, I clearly understand the challenges they're faced with.

The only reason I’d ding them here is that considering the complexity of the projects we typically work on, schedules need to be extended at times. However, this is not necessarily their fault.
    They're quite reasonable.
    I'm planning to continue working with them for a long time.

Application Development for Tablet Stylus Company

"I'm thrilled that I've found a group with truly skilled programmers who can get the job done."

ZUZEX built a gesture-based interactive training utility that allows users to efficiently use a stylus to create and revise contents on tablet screens. The project is currently in the second stage of development.

Startup

Ontario, Canada
Sean Maxted
CEO of Natural Input Solutions Inc.

ZUZEX boasted a team of extremely skilled programmers who were up for tough challenges. The team exercised responsiveness and delivered the product within the given schedule and budget.

Natural Input Solutions Inc. is a company whose sole focus is providing a better way in which the end-user can edit content on a tablet using a stylus. We offer the world's most efficient gesture-based interface.

My vision for our solution extends back two decades. As a result, I got a US, Canadian, and UK patent for all 32 claims in my natural input design. It's meant to be an ultra-efficient, accurate, gesture-based editing interface. It has been my passion and focus to bring this to light. Unfortunately, the hardware was not available for quite some time. The iPhone was the first hint at a viable medium. Three years later came the iPad, and currently, many companies are putting out ranges of devices that can work with an active stylus.

The reason that 250 million tablets are being sold worldwide annually is not just because of their portability, but because they give access to direct manipulation of content. The stylus becomes an added form of input, for precision that can't be achieved with fingers.

Of course, the keyboard is not going to be replaced, but once a text draft is in place, there's no better product than natural input for achieving this goal.

I'm the president and Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ZUZEX?

We've seen the emergence of what can be called productivity tablets. Five years ago, when the iPad came out, they started a revolution. At the time, it was focused on content consumption, and not on editing content. It didn't set out to be a replacement for laptops by any stretch of the imagination. Advances in technology have allowed for that replacement to occur today.

We're still faced with a schism. Tablets can be used for anything except for word processing and productivity tasks. When doing that, you have to switch it to a laptop mode. We didn't agree with this view, and instead wanted to provide software that would allow users to accurately and efficiently edit content directly on the screen, using a stylus.

With the help of ZUZEX, we've built an interactive training utility that surrounds our solution. Gesture-based interfaces in the past had a single mode of operation. Every gesture was interpreted the same way. It was efficient, but not very accurate. Shortly thereafter, came a multi-mode: text, punctuation, and gesture. Separate modes achieved the desired accuracy but, in order to switch between them, there needed to be additional steps. These impacted the very rationale of using gesture-based interfaces, namely efficiency. Other interfaces may be accurate and fully-functional, but only a gesture-based one can be ultra-efficient.

The other part of the equation was being able to teach users the gestures and symbols required.

We've worked on two projects. The first one had a total cost of $16,500. The second is in progress, and will have a total cost of around $3,000.

The project was started in October, 2015.

Could you share any feedback from this engagement?

They've done an excellent job, and have been on time and on budget. The communication was excellent, and I never had to wait for them to respond. I've dealt with a lot of companies and programmers on Elance and outside of it. There's no better company than ZUZEX, if you want to get the job done. I'm thrilled that I've found a group with truly skilled programmers who can get the job done. Other vendors have floundered when faced with the task, whereas ZUZEX went right in and fixed it.

Everything they've delivered was close to being perfect, and there wasn't a great amount of work to be re-done.

How did ZUZEX perform from a project management standpoint?

The initial pace of the development was slow at first, but near the end, they ramped up to a break-neck speed. A remarkable amount of work has been done in just over a month. I am impressed with them from that standpoint.

The delivery time wouldn't have mattered if I was working with programmers that didn't know what they were doing.

What distinguishes ZUZEX from other providers?

Simply their quality. I’ve gone through many developers from around the world, and I find ZUZEX to be the best of all.

Is there anything ZUZEX could have improved or done differently?

They were a bit slow in terms of delivery at the beginning, possibly due to other projects, but that problem was righted. After that, there were no issues in their ability to get the job done or with general communication skills.

I have no reservations in doing so.

e-Commerce Mobile and Web Development for Software Development Consultancy

"ZUZEX is very precise at working with the requirements. They fixed issues that came up quickly."

April 2015 - Ongoing

ZUZEX collaborated with the client in developing an e-commerce mobile application with an iOS and Magento integration and some PHP work on another project. They are currently working on an iOS app.

Founder, Software Development Consulting Firm

ZUZEX was very precise in delivering a product that met required specifications and was also speedy when fixing bugs. The only suggestion made was the team could use collaboration tools more but overall, the client spoke highly of the management.

My company is a one man consulting shop. I do various software development. I'm currently primarily servicing startups.

I am the owner and founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ZUZEX?

I felt the need to scale up my development capabilities. I was faced with a lot of work that I couldn't do myself.

They were responsible for developing an e-commerce mobile app and website. That involved iOS and Magento integration. Currently, we are working together on an iOS app that is just finished that is interfacing with Magento. They've also done some PHP work as part of our work together on another project.

How did you come to work with ZUZEX?

I have a local business partner that I sometimes work with called TS Worldwide Holdings – TSWWH. They have been working with ZUZEX for years, so that's how I got to know them.

For the mobile app, the total cost was around $18,000. The other app was more like $5,000.

We started in April 2015. We submitted it to the App Store earlier this week [October 2015]. There might have to be some more finishing touches that we have to put on, depending on the feedback from Apple. There will be ongoing work.

ZUZEX is very precise at working with the requirements. They fixed issues that came up quickly. Whatever you specify is what they do.

What distinguishes ZUZEX from other providers?

The CEO of ZUZEX [Ivan Usatchev] is quite approachable. We had a really good relationship on a personal level as well. He came to Singapore and we met. There is not that much bureaucracy. I have direct access to the developers if I need. I have access to the project manager if I need as well as the CEO.

Is there anything ZUZEX could have improved or done differently?

I think they could be leveraging modern technology a bit more. We're working on that. They can use collaboration tools a bit more. Like having a common installation – things like that.

They were almost always on time. The issue we're having now is related to cost of the iOS project, which required work on my end as well, so the scheduling was not their responsibility.
    The pricing itself is fair. They also provide well-thought out estimates and detailed reports if the requirements change. We're currently having an issue where a project is over budget, but those reasons are mostly on me...and outside of their control.
    Things have to be specified properly, otherwise they might not get what they need.