Full-Stack Mobile App Development Studio

Gold

Zipper Studios is a Mobile Development Agency founded with passion for quality and reliability. We understand how important it is for you to have solid partners and productive partnerships. We work close with our clients in order to understand their needs. We consider that transparent and honest communication combined with hard work lead to great results.

Our agency is composed of young people with extraordinary vision and passion for technology. We strive to make the best products for our customers, leaving a signature on the industry and the people we work with.

The key services we offer are: mobile development, web development, project management, UI/UX design, quality assurance and product advisory services.

• Septimiu Albini, 81
    Cluj-Napoca 400000
    Romania
  • Firlstr 30
    Berlin 12459
    Germany

Fitness, Health, Finance, Medical, Social Media, Automotive and Artificial Intelligence

RunLive Image

RunLive

With Runlive we built the world’s largest running group. Being that we are taking advantage of cutting edge technologies for enabling competitions between runners across continents, we wanted the runners to feel like they are running in the future, we achieved this through an amazing custom made user interface which is fast to react to the user’s inputs with micro interactions.

SmartPark Image

SmartPark

With SmartPark we reimagined the parking experience, helping you to find available parking spots. Navigate directly to the nearest parking spot based on your destination instead of circling around trying to find a free lone by chance. SmartPark works with both public and private car parks. • View all free / occupied public and private parking spots in the city • Search for parkings (with filters) • See parking hours and

fees • Navigate to a parking / parking spot • Pay with credit card or by SMS • Get an alert when your parking is about to expire and renew it with one tap
FoodCourt Image

FoodCourt

With Foodcourt we invisioned a new way of ordering food. Our client identified this need because at certain times of the day, the foodcourts in malls have long queues with people waiting in line for 10 to 30 minutes. Everybody browses their phones while waiting, so why not order directly from the phone and get notified when your order is ready?

Dev Team Augmentation for Software Company

“They have good technical expertise and understand business needs.”

June 2019 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios provides development team augmentation to a software company. They ported an iOS app to Android for a US-based client.

Delivery Manager, Software Development Company

The app’s early feedback has been positive. Internal stakeholders are pleased with Zipper Studios’s work and the level of engagement and collaboration that they facilitate. Their delivery of a thorough product guideline fosters seamless communication. The team adheres to the deadline and budget.

I’m the delivery manager for a software development company. For more than 25 years, we’ve been developing and selling software products to certain niches. Our customers are all over the globe.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We generally work with large companies that have big products. Occasionally, these projects require work that falls outside of our core business services; in these cases, the client works with an external company.

A customer in the US needed an add-on product that was separate from what we were doing, and they needed it to be delivered quickly. They already had an iOS app, and we needed somebody that could do a one-on-one port and build the app almost exactly the same way for Android.

Zipper Studios helped us develop an Android app. They only did the development part, but they provided helpful commentary about the design.

They worked in collaboration with our team. It was a small app, and they covered everything in terms of features. The app can show certain information, get data, manipulate and view documents, and more. I can’t disclose more because the app hasn’t launched yet.

There’s one developer that I directly interact with. He’s one of the co-founders.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I think I met them at a conference, or somebody introduced us to them. I’d had their contact information for a while and reached out. Zipper Studios had the capacity to help with our development needs.

We had a few other options, but during the selection process discussions, we discovered that Zipper Studios had the proper level of knowledge, and their combination of involvement and skills was the best. Their pricing was good, too; they weren’t more expensive than the average.

We started working together in June 2019, and the engagement is ongoing.

The first version of the app will launch at the end of this month. I’m definitely pleased with their work. The preliminary feedback from beta users is really good.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their level of engagement and the way they collaborate is quite well received. They’ve provided some sort of a guideline or reference plan for executing the product. We have constant communication over that. They want to make sure that they’re on the right track. I’m pleased with project management. We use Jira and Confluence.

They have good technical expertise and understand business needs.

No, I’m pleased. We’re doing the things that we agreed to, and things are on time and budget.

As long as you agree on scope and make the deadlines clear, they’ll definitely come up with the technical solutions and sustain the collaboration. You won’t have problems with Zipper Studios. They’re a good, independent source for providing help.

They deliver on time.
    They offer a good combination of cost and benefit.
    We’re pleased with the deliverables.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Mobile App Dev Partner for Development Company

"When they begin a project, they know they can deliver."

2018 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios designed developed mobile apps within a long-term partnership. They’ve built apps for third-party customers.

Tiberiu Dascal
Chief Business Officer, Prodigy IT Solutions

They’ve consistently delivered solutions aligned with requirements, which have received positive feedback from end customers. Zipper Studios is a responsive and punctual development team that works within budget.

I am the chief business officer at Prodigy IT Solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We needed help with mobile app development.

We’ve worked on multiple projects with them in which they developed app solutions for our clients. They’re our go-to partner for projects that require mobile knowledge. We have even discussed moving into an open partnership where we will present them as a separate brand and trusted partner so our clients will know that we work with an external company.

We start by building the requirement stack, followed by wireframing, design, and development. During that process, depending on who is more available and who has better business knowledge, we may complement each other or leave certain things on one side only.

I know of four people who work on our projects. Filip (Co-Founder, Zipper Studios) has been my main point of contact from the beginning, and he always responds to technical issues. I have another contact there as well.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I was introduced to Filip through an employee from my previous company. We held a couple of meetings to get to know each other and to figure out which technology options they offered. It’s common practice here that whenever a new company emerges, we get to know them to see how we can complement each other’s services.

We had a team of four people from our side who were looking at different companies and discussed our options when it came to pricing and the competency and seniority of potential partners. However, none of the other companies we considered were specialized in mobile-only.

Zipper Studios showed me their portfolio and what they did or did not do for different projects. We tried a couple of calls for tenders, and I saw how Zipper Studios responded. They were always prompt and on time and always highlighted what the issues were. They seemed to ask the right questions from the technical and business side, as well as business logic.

We put those things head to head and agreed that they seemed like a good fit. I was quite happy with them and didn’t feel the need to have to look for anyone else.

We have spent less than $20,000.

We began working with them in 2018 and the work is ongoing.

We have constant communication with the customers that we serve, and we always check if they are happy with the results. Because we look into their business needs effectively, we check if there is a way that we can measure the success of our solutions. Every client has been quite happy. Apart from normal small change requests, we haven’t had any major complaints. I have always trusted Filip and Zipper Studios has always delivered on their promises.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They have done well—they hit our deadlines and we never had to debate on the price. In my experience, whenever a company is able to take a project budget and make it work for them, it means that they can well estimate the overall scope of the work, the timeline, and the financial costs.

We were in touch with each other multiple times a day based on need. There were times where we didn’t have projects for a while, but we still met for a coffee to discuss how things were going.

When we worked together, their response time was more than satisfying. For example, if I needed to contact them late in the evening because of an urgent request from a client, Filip always answered me on WhatsApp.

I was impressed by the quality and speed of their delivery as well as their business knowledge. They look at a request and can foresee any future problems or issues. When they begin a project, they know they can deliver.

I haven’t had any bad experiences with them so far. There were times I knew they were busy, and if I went to them with new requests, it took some time to get the results. I understand they are a separate company and they need to do their other signed contracts before helping me with estimations or brainstorming on possible solutions.

Know what you want and get your idea validated first to make life easier. With superficial requirements, the process can last forever until everyone is settled on the idea from a technical point of view and a business point of view. Other than that, when it comes to working with Zipper, I wouldn’t give any specific advice. Try them out.

Overall Score I am pretty happy with how things have evolved in the past and in working together.
    We’ve never had a problem.
    I am really happy with the price. I think it is calibrated based on the quality of work.
    I would recommend them to anyone I know who needs a solution.

Project Management Tool Dev for International Nonprofit

“They always tried to present solutions that were simple, effective, and cost-efficient.”

Jul. - Nov. 2018

Zipper Studios developed a project management tool that allowed the internal team to coordinate remote work with ease. It’s a centralized system that facilitates file exchange, logistics, and more.

Mihai Barloiu
Co-Founder, Intel4Patriam

Efficient and high-performing, the new tool earned praise for its convenient functionalities. Zipper Studio took the time to fully understand the scope of the tool, ensuring that the final product would meet the right business needs. An affordable price point makes them attractive developers.

I’m the co-founder of Intel4Patriam. Our company does political risk, geopolitical analysis, cybersecurity, risk assessment, and anything related to this area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We needed help developing an internal project management tool.

Zipper Studios developed our project management tool. Our agencies operate internationally across several people spread around the world. This can cause difficulties if without a well-established system.

To rectify this, their team built a centralized system where we could exchange files, store contact names and addresses, and monitor anything that has to do with logistical support and management. The tool also served as a mode of communication between agencies.

We worked with the general manager from Zipper Studios, and they also allocated between 3–5 people.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I had an ex-business partner who was involved with Zipper Studios, and he connected me to the general manager. At the time, I was also in touch with a German company, but they were positioned in the Western European market, so their price was significantly higher than Zipper Studios’.

In the end, I chose Zipper Studios because I liked the conversation I had with them as well as the way we interacted.

We spent around $30,000.

We worked with them from July–November 2018.

My team and I are very satisfied with the project management tool that they’d developed. Before, it was challenging to communicate across agencies for certain projects, but now it’s much easier to coordinate between teams.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. We mostly communicated through Skype and email.

I really appreciated how flexible they were in terms of my needs. They were very careful about asking me exactly what I needed and identifying the purpose of the tool. They always tried to present solutions that were simple, effective, and cost-efficient.

No, I don’t have anything in mind.

I’d highly recommend them to companies that are looking for quality service, flexibility, and a well-performing product. They deliver strong output, but their price is lower than other companies.

They met all timelines, and everything was fine.
    They delivered the exact product I asked for when I needed it.

Mobile App Dev for Social Game App

“They were great communicators with helpful advice.”

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios built a native iOS and Android app for a software development company, guiding the client through the mobile app creation process. They're handling maintenance, fixing any found bugs.

Bucharest, Romania
CEO, App Development Company

So far, the app has been received positively both with users and the internal team. The team was able to provide strong recommendations specific to the industry that helped the client make critical decisions. They were particularly attentive and transparent over the course of the collaboration.

I’m the CEO of a software development company. We’re also starting to develop mobile apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

They helped us build one of our mobile apps since we were just starting out at the time.

Zipper Studios helped us create native iOS and Android apps from scratch. Our team came up with the idea, but they offered all the development and maintenance services. They guided us through the process as they completed the build.

Once it’s launched, the app will allow users to accept and complete challenges to received rewards. They can monetize activities they do in real life. It’ll have a news feed, a map, a page where users can join challenges, and a camera that allows for photo sharing and editing. Users will also have the chance to set up their own profile where they can manage their challenges. We’ll be launching the app soon. At this point, we’re reviewing it for bugs.

There were between 8–12 people constantly working on the app. Sometimes, we would work with the whole team, but we usually were in direct contact with 2–3 of them.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I was referred to them by a friend of mine after I came up with the idea for the app. They had good reviews, so we set up a call. After a successful meeting with them, I decided to hire them for the project.

We’ve spent about €40,000 (approximately $44,000 USD). I expect that investment to grow with our engagement with them in 2020.

We started the project in August 2018, and the work is ongoing.

As of now, we have about 40 people using the app and providing us with feedback. So far, all the feedback has been positive—they’re all satisfied with the app. Additionally, they’ve been able to make some suggestions to help us optimize the frontend. Even the developers at my office were very happy with the product.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They offered great advice to us, which was important for us as we were just starting out. No matter the communication platform—phone, Skype, or Slack— they were very easy to reach.

They were great communicators with helpful advice. I appreciate their fairness in all of their business processes from the start.

They were late for a delivery once, but it never happened again after we spoke about it.

Be conscious and open about your goals for the direction of the project. They’ll be able to achieve more in less time that way.

Their fairness stood out.

Development of New Features for Streaming Platform

“For the price they charge, Zipper Studios offers a superior service.”

Mar. - Jun. 2018

Zipper Studios spearheaded the implementation and development of UI/UX improvements to a live video streaming platform. They worked on the frontend of the site, making it mobile compatible.

Cluj - Napoca, Romania
CEO, Live Streaming Platform

The platform continues to grow and become more visible online as a result of the improvements Zipper Studios made. Dedicated and attentive, the team handled communication with ease, making use of Jira. Their expertise led to the launch of many functionality upgrades that boosted the client’s ROI.

I’m the CEO and co-founder of a white label live video streaming platform. With our partners, our startup has developed 3,000,000 lines of code for the platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We needed a development partner to help us further develop some of the app’s features.

They worked largely on the frontend of the web app, focusing on UX. Although, their team also made our web-based platform mobile responsive in their development work.

They allocated 1–5 developers for the project, depending on the functionality we were building. We organized that with them on our end.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I’ve known Radu (Partner & Strategy Manager, Zipper Studios) for five years now. Like ours, their team is located in Romania and has worked collaboratively with my team before.

We invested just above $30,000 for their services.

This project lasted from March–June 2019.

Our partnership was a success, and they had a big impact on our business. All of our clients now use the delivered features they constructed. With them, we’ve seen greater visibility and growth. Compared to what we’ve spent developing the platform in the past, we’ve seen a great ROI with Zipper Studios.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

My partner described them as an excellent collaborator and communicator. They were on top of providing updates and fixing bugs. Additionally, they used Jira to make sure everything went smoothly.

For the price they charge, Zipper Studios offers a superior service. We’re happy about having a local partner that’s very experienced. They know how to make a great, successful product.

They’re great partners who have the capability to take on large projects.

Give them a chance to work broadly to address your challenge. Their technical specialists, but also have experience in product development, business strategy, sales, and marketing. Tap into their knowledge to get the best solution possible.

App Development for Blockchain Platform

"... they understood our product’s needs, got involved and delivered the MVP very efficiently."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios completed a full redesign of the UX/UI for a blockchain-based mobile application that allows users to receive passive income in exchange for personal data.

Bucharest, Romania
Founder, Blockchain Network Company

The app's improved design and usability have increased confidence in the product as a whole. Workflow between teams was very effective, both simplified by having only one point of contact and expedited by prioritizing availability.

I am the founder of a multi-service platform based on blockchain technology. The platform will try to bring people together and offer them an passive income for their human data as property.

For what projects/services did your company hire Zipper Studios?

Zipper Studios is doing the redesign for our mobile client. They've created the UI/UX design in Sketch and implemented it in our Android app.

The problem on our app was the design and we decided to change it, this app is part of an blockchain platform that will connect users to our services. This new design make us more confident in our project.

I came in contact with one of their business managers after someone from my network recommended them. They were professionals and their portfolio and previous clients definitely reflected that.

We have a native Android app that need redesign of UI/UX. Zipper Studios is doing the redesign and implemented it in our Android app, this app is part of an blockchain platform that will connect users to our services.

We worked with 1 project manager, 1 developer and 1 designer from Zipper Studios.

Before working with Zipper Studios, I hired another remote team in the past but that experience was a complete disappointment. I needed an MVP delivered fast because I was looking to get a round of investment. Zipper Studios not only helped us cross the finish line but they understood our product’s needs, got involved and delivered the MVP very efficiently.

The workflow between us was very effective. We had only one point of contact (Vlad, Co-Founder) who managed the whole team by creating and assigning tasks.

The communication was excellent, they were always available and they truly understood the product. It really felt like they were part of the team.

I can’t see any ways they could improve. The communication and development process went so smooth, I couldn’t have hoped for anything better.

Overall Score I am sure we will work again, best experience with a dev team ever.
    Scheduling was perfect, we kept in touch on skype.
    Was more cheap than i thought.
    They are very creative and have experience in working from a product point of view. Max quality !
    Give them the chance to get involved in your project as much as possible, not just in the development phase.

Building & Maintaining Booking Platform

“They’re more like a part of the company and less like an extension of my team.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios is building a hotel booking platform. They developed the front- and backends using AngularJS and AMP HTML. The team is implementing client- and server-side features.

Madrid, Spain
Alin Lazar
Managing Director, GoHustly

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the platform’s stability, speed, and design, particularly its UI. Zipper Studios takes ownership of their work by understanding requirements and managing expectations. Customers can expect a committed, caring partner with strong technical expertise.

I’m the managing director of GoHustly. We’re developing a booking engine for hotels.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

My company has outsourced all development of our hotel booking platform to Zipper Studios.

Zipper Studios built the front- and backends of my platform from scratch using AngularJS and AMP HTML. We’re using Firebase, and there are some cloud functions.

Zipper Studios developed backend features that allow hotels to list all of their room types, restrictions, rates, and so on, along with an availability calendar. We connected that to the frontend, where users enter information—including check-in and check-out dates, the number of people in the room, room type, and personal and payment information—to book a room.

I primarily worked with Zipper Studio’s CTO and project manager. They also assigned one designer, two developers, and someone who helped with staff management and paperwork. We had an extra developer at one point, but we realized we didn’t need him.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

I had the chance to meet them in person while I was in Sweden. Their CTO flew there to visit me, and we discussed everything over a few days. We were on the same page, so I decided to work with them.

I’ve spent around $30,000 on their services so far.

We started working with Zipper Studios in June 2017, and the project is ongoing.

The system looks great; it has a very nice UI. It’s quite stable and fast, given that Google backs the technology we're using.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They have understood everything from the beginning, and they provide the technical expertise I need. We had to change the project manager when he couldn’t cope with the requirements. However, before we could say anything, the CTO noticed and made the decision at the right time. We’re using Slack, Skype, email, and phone for communication, and Trello for project management.

Their involvement is their most impressive attribute. They care about the project, and they help with not only developing the product but also selling it. They’re more like a part of the company and less like an extension of my team. They simply care.

I don’t think so.

Clients should remain involved, weekly if not daily, and not just send requirements and expect results. It’s important to remain involved throughout the development process, unless Zipper Studios has a very clear picture of what the product should look like.

Native Android & iOS Dev for Data Analysis Platform

"Zipper Studios has been our partner for a core part of the platform."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios developed a native mobile app in Java and Objective-C. Using existing UI/UX designs, they created a chat functionality, multiple feeds, and push notifications. The project is ongoing.

Rome, Italy
Giuseppe Ancona
CTO & Co-Founder, AskData

The app has yet to launch, but the interface has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Zipper Studios produces quality work on time through scrums, which they excel at. The team communicates often and delivers on promises, making for a trustworthy partnership.

I’m the CTO and a co-founder of AskData, a startup aiming to simplify the interactions between humans and data. We help people search through data using natural language and using channels such as Slack, mobile and web apps, and other tools.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We needed help to develop our mobile client for customers.

Zipper Studios is developing our mobile client. We’re designing the UI/UX, and Zipper Studios oversees the development of the mobile apps using that UI/UX. They’re building the apps as native using Java and Objective-C.

The platform has a chat feature that employs text-to-speech and speech-to-text functionalities. The interface provides a feed containing the information requested by the user or the information the system wants to send to the user. The main tab is a kind of social media feed that contains different information relevant to the user. We also have an agent chat tab and a push notifications system.

We work with 2–4 developers from Zipper Studios, depending on how many hours a feature requires and when we need it delivered. We prioritize key features. Filip (Co-Founder, Zipper Studios) is our main contact and lead developer. I don’t need to communicate with the other team members.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

We were using freelance developers from Romania for our projects, and one of them recommended Zipper Studios to us. After one month of tests, we gave the team a contract.

We’ve spent $25,000–$50,000 so far.

We started working with Zipper Studios in December 2018, and the collaboration is ongoing.

We’re working with a few companies now, and we’re also working with customers to improve the interface of the app. We’re still in the startup phase of the project, but the feedback on the interface has been generally good.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Zipper Studios is performing very well. We use some tools to improve communication and project management, including Jira and Slack. We’re using a scrum methodology.

We’ve worked with other developers in the past without any success. Zipper Studios has been our partner for a core part of the platform.

Nothing comes to mind.

Use scrum principles. Zipper Studios is an excellent company to choose for this type of work.

iOS & Android App Dev for Sports Tech Start-Up

“They’re the most professional offshore partner I’ve ever worked with, and they have phenomenal communication.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Zipper Studios took over app development, updating the iOS version by migrating the code to Swift, fixing bugs, and adding new features. They’re also building the Android version from scratch.

Miami, Florida
Co-Founder, RunLive Inc.

Zipper Studios is extremely organized and uses various tools to manage the project and maintain constant contact. They take time to understand project goals to develop the best product possible.

I’m the co-founder of RunLive Inc., a sports tech startup. Our first product is a running app that allows users to connect to each other in real time and run together, no matter where they are in the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zipper Studios?

We had a firm build our iOS app, but we needed a new partner to improve the code and also build an Android version.

Zipper Studios migrated the iOS code from Objective-C to Swift, cleaning up the code and making it more stable. They fixed quite a few bugs and also added some new features and improved the UX. They built the Android version from scratch, implementing the same types of features found in the iOS version. The iOS app is currently available in the App Store, and the Android app is about 70% finished.

Users enter how far they want to run, and the app connects them with someone in real time to run with. The app has a built-in rewards store and live leaderboard, and users can even schedule runs instead of doing it at the moment. They can also invite people to join the app through a built-in feature.

They provide one main point of contact, three Android developers, and two iOS developers.

How did you come to work with Zipper Studios?

They were a referral. I met them and was confident they could do the work, so I hired them.

We’ve spent about $80,000.

We partnered in November 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Before hiring Zipper Studios, the iOS app was about 70% stable, but now it’s about 95%. They addressed concerns the previous developer wouldn’t, making the app more stable, sustainable, and scalable. Now that we’ve fixed some bugs and added features, users are spending more time in the app.

How did Zipper Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage the team well and are highly organized, which makes my job much easier. We use Trello to manage tasks, Slack to communicate, and Fabric to track bugs.  They’re incredibly flexible, adjusting to my schedule and time zone.

They’re the most professional offshore partner I’ve ever worked with, and they have phenomenal communication. They follow up regularly and ensure the project is progressing smoothly, quickly addressing any concerns. Unlike other agencies, they take the time to understand our project goals and vision. They’re not just technically competent, but they also know how to make the best version of your product.

I can’t see any ways they could improve.

Maintain open communication and give them as much information as possible. The more they know about your product, the better the partnership will be.

Overall Score I'd definitely work with them again.
    They always meet deadlines and even sometimes finish early.
    They’re flexible about pricing, and I get a lot of value out of my money.
    I don’t feel like I’m working with an offshore team—they’re always available.

iOS/Android Design & Dev for Fishing Competition

"We launched successfully with very few delays."

June - Aug. 2019

Zipper Studios designed and developed a mobile application for a fishing competition.

Germany
Bogdan Sturza
CEO, The Lean Startup

Zipper Studios completed the app within the given timeframe. Their positivity and enthusiasm set them apart.

We create software for organizing fishing competitions.

For what projects/services did your company hire Zipper Studios?

Momeala - create fishing competitions and follow live ranking

App to market

Recommendation

- design - iOS development - Android development - docker backend

7 developers + 2 qa. I did the product management.

We launched successfully with very few delays.

i helped

young and energetic people.

of course, they should always strive to improve

Overall Score no complaints
    always answered my calls
    would buy again :P
    high quality delivery
    i am already building a spin off

Gold