Remote Tech Team Assembly

YouTeam is a community of small-to-medium technology providers; development and design agencies based in Europe - catering predominantly to startups, product companies and other types of SMEs in need of world-class software engineering services.

Are you looking for an engineer with a specific skillset and having a hard time to find her? We offer a unique process of tech team assembly & extension through the YouTeam Marketplace, which leverages dynamic availability information across our exclusive talent pool. Our clients can access engineer profiles, connect with and interview them before signing up for a service, thus vastly improving the decision-making process as well as future collaboration.

Effortless matching with the most relevant available specialist is just one aspect of our approach. Being a UK-based company, we provide a safe legal framework and payment terms, including transparent hourly/monthly rates, short billing cycles and a 14-day money back guarantee.

YouTeam is making software outsourcing more scalable, open and trustworthy.

• YouTeam
    Horodotska Street 225
    Lviv 79041
    Ukraine
    +44 020 3858687878

SuperCarers, Q9 Elements, Tide Banking, Projectfusion, VPAR, Integro, Candesic, GCCovertSecurity, JustGiving, PizzaExpress.

Software Dev for Security Services Firm

"Their people skills make them quite lovable. They’re nice people."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Youteam developed software for a security guard service firm that helped to manage the internal workforce and streamline business processes. The goal was to create an all-in-one CRM system.

Valon Statovci
Owner, GC Covert Security Ltd

Youteam developed a functional product with very few bugs. The client's employees gave overwhelmingly positive feedback once the software was implemented. The employees loved the ability to send direct invoices from the platform, as well as  easily access it on their mobile phones.

GC Covert Security provides security services including guards and security officers for high-profile clients such as hotels and blue-chip companies in the U.K. I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with YouTeam?

We were trying to manage our workforce and CRM system. We found there was nothing that matched what we needed to function as a business. We decided to have one made for us. We wanted to improve efficiency of our business sand have everything in one place. We’ve got hundreds of staff that we send out to hundreds of clients in different locations. It’s very complicated to organize that many people on a daily basis. We wanted to make that as easy and efficient as possible to reduce our long-term costs and enable us to grow without needing to increase our overhead in additional office employees to organize people. We also wanted to maintain client and employee information including payroll, etc. Essentially, we wanted an all-in-one system for our company.

They helped the initial phases of creating user journeys, creating the concept, and MVP planning for the product. In speaking to them we also decided to convert it into a software-as-a-service when the project was finished so we can sell it to other companies. We figured if it worked for us, it would work for others and there’s a gap in the market. The product is a cloud-based software and it runs on our own servers.

YouTeam doesn’t have developers in-house. They were the project manager of the project. I dealt with Andriy [Chief Customer Officer] and Bohdan [Client Success Manager]. They handled the communication with the developers.

How did you come to work with YouTeam?

I found them online while searching for development companies in London. I met with 3 other companies. A lot of them were very expensive. We almost went with another company, but I’m glad we didn’t.

I like to meet people in person, so I met YouTeam in their offices and I really liked them. I met Andriy and Anton, the CEO. I went through what we needed, and they did a great proposal. They’re very competitive in pricing and are a lot cheaper than London firms. We started the project, and it became clear very quickly that the quality of work was very good.

So far, we’ve spent £20,000. By the time we’re finished, the project will be between £260,000 - £270,000.

The project started in January 2016, and we’re likely to finish development in February or March 2018.

We’ve been using the software since January, and we’ve been adding features since then. The project will be finished when it’s ready to sell on the market. The internal product should be fully completed by the end of November. Then it will take a few months more to convert it so that it’s a software that can be bought online by other companies.

The quality of their work is very good. There’s very few bugs. All the data is secure. In the beginning, there were issues because it was a brand-new software, but they responded very quickly to those problems. All it took was a few comments on Skype and an hour later, everything was fixed. We’re a 24-hour business so if there’s an issue, we need it fixed right away even in the middle of the night. Our software needs to be up all the time.

When we first started using it, there were 2 or 3 times where we experienced a little bit of downtime, but they responded really well. We haven’t had any downtime since which is quite impressive. There’s a lot of data that goes in there.

The employees really like it. It’s much better than receiving a text. Using an app is much better. There are 2 apps, iOS and Android, for the employees to use. They can see their schedules and where and when they’re working. They can view their time sheets and look at their holiday accumulation and pay. In the security industry, there’s also those that are self-employed. If they’re self-employed, the platform allows them to create an invoice to issue to us.

How did YouTeam perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive.

Their people skills make them quite lovable. They’re nice people. The actual development happens in Ukraine because that’s where their partners are. That’s why they can provide cheaper service. They’re very talented. I’ve gone to meet them personally 4 different times.

No. I’ve been really happy with their service.

Any deadlines that were missed was because I kept adding things.
    I have already.

Wep App Dev for Assisted Living Solution Startup

“All the work was delivered on time even though the timescale was very short.”

2017 - Ongoing

Youteam developed a proof of concept web app using a RESTful API for an Internet of Things platform. It includes passive sensors, an intelligent algorithm to learn user behavior, and an information portal.

Michael Setton
Chief Innovation Officer, Sweet Tree Connect

The app was developed to a tight deadline, with realistic estimates for delivery given by the team at all times. They communicated well, corrected bugs, and engaged constructively throughout. The app is currently being tested for scalability and installation and will launch early next year.

I am chief innovation officer for Sweet Tree Connect. We are a startup with an assisted living platform here in the UK.

What challenge were you trying to address with Youteam?

We had just defined what we wanted for our IoT [Internet of Things] platform in terms of user interface, rule engine, database, and notification. We were looking for a company to do a proof of concept and then a scaled down version of our dashboard. We needed it to show tradeshows, where we could get future user feedback, and to also show to potential investors.

We only had four weeks to do a proof of concept app. We sent them all the information about the sensors and the data format. We’re using a cloud hosting solution, a RESTful API, which they became familiar. First, they developed a dashboard version and they made a small video in four weeks. The same team then added features like text notification or email alert.

We’ve kept it as a web-based app with a few subsets of functions that are doable from the mobile. For example, the first time you register and install the sensor, that’s done using your mobile. After that, everything is done within the web portal. The app has a variety of passive sensors. From the portal, you can look at trends, sleep quality, and a rules engine where you can set alerts on your mobile phone. It’s modular, but it’s also personalized. The algorithm gets more and more intelligent as time goes by. There’s that kind of personalization using artificial intelligence and opening the platform.

How did you come to work with Youteam?

We approached several companies who said they had mobile development experience. What we were looking for was a company that had done IoT projects before, but we couldn’t find that many that we liked. That’s why we turned to Youteam.

$12,000–$18,000. We expect to have to spend another $30,000-$35,000 to finish the MVP [minimum viable product].

We started working together in 2017 and the work is ongoing. We’re now looking at a 3-month software development period where we will implement some more sophisticated functionality.

We’re still in the testing phase. We want to test scalability and make sure it’s easy to install. We have about 12 users and we’re going to collect their feedback. We expect to launch in the beginning of 2018.

How did Youteam perform from a project management standpoint?

All the work was delivered on time even though the timescale was very short. When there were bugs, they were very open to having them corrected. There was good communication on a regular basis. I have no complaints.

They respond quickly and they give realistic estimates. If we tell them we have a deadline, they will tell us what they can have done by that date. They’re constructive in that sense.

The only thing that could be improved is to have the testing phase built in, both in terms of time and budget.

Platform Development for Online Book Retailer

"As soon as I started talking to them, YouTeam adopted a hands-on approach."

Jan. 2015 - Feb. 2016

YouTeam developed an online bookstore company website from scratch, then updated the website’s landing page based on customer feedback and usage. They also provided startup business advice and guidance.

Piers Karpinski
Founder & CEO, Areobooks, Ltd.

The new landing page had a significant impact on the website and has received positive feedback. YouTeam’s physical proximity helped them develop a personable, yet professional, working relationship. The team provided industry expertise and efficient, interactive project management.

Areobooks is an online bookstore. I am the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with YouTeam?

We needed to build a company website from scratch. At that stage, the company was more of a seed in my mind, so YouTeam didn't have many details on which to base their work.

YouTeam built my website from scratch. I also worked with YouTeam in the first quarter of 2016 on updating my website, based on customer feedback and our own usage of it. We wanted to make a few tweaks to it, most of them cosmetic. We focused on making the homepage and blog more interactive and interesting. It was a small, discrete project, but the benefit that we got from it came from the level of understanding that YouTeam acquired for the Areobooks website. This made the process easier.

Our website was built using Python and Django. The templates have been posted on GitHub, so I can evaluate YouTeam's work at any time. Their expertise is much greater than mine, so I don't have a need to do it.

We have various online repositories where information and workflows are pulled. YouTeam posts queries which I can answer directly. We used InVision for sharing designs. YouTeam's designers created wireframes which I could comment on. I found this to be a good way of finalizing designs.

We have worked with a project manager from YouTeam. He acted as the conduit between me and the actual designers and developers. Typically, we've worked with 2 frontend and 2 backend developers simultaneously.

Our latest project only had one designer, one frontend and one backend developer, as well as a project manager.

How did you come to work with YouTeam?

I got in touch with 2-3 London-based vendors for quotes. I picked YouTeam mostly because they were much more enthusiastic about the project. As soon as I started talking to them, YouTeam adopted a hands-on approach. Project plans were put together before we were charged any costs, just to create a scope that could help me get a better idea of YouTeam's capabilities and pricing. Compared to the 2 other vendors, YouTeam was much more impressive, convincing me to choose them. I think that I was one of the earliest clients of YouTeam, so they didn't have the same depth of references that they have now. The decision to use YouTeam was made by comparing them directly to the other candidates.

How much have you invested with YouTeam?

Our first project with YouTeam had a cost of $32,000, [25,000 GBP] while the second one was $7,000 [5,000 GBP].

We started building the scope of the project with YouTeam at the end of January, 2015. We've moved into a slightly different phase. YouTeam's primary market consists of startups, so they've provided a bit of advice on our business trajectory, acting as more than web developers.

We updated our landing page earlier in 2016. The changes were more cosmetic and I provided guidance in terms of how everything should look, with considerable support from YouTeam. We've had a lot of positive feedback for the new page. Given its importance for the whole website, it made a huge difference.

How did YouTeam perform from a project management standpoint?

Our first project was slightly larger and ended up going slightly over budget and taking a bit longer than anticipated. This was in large part due to changes made to the scope. We didn't make large modifications but, because we were building something from scratch, the outsets couldn't be anticipated. For our second project with YouTeam, we actually came in under budget. It was nice to see that this is actually possible. Time-wise, YouTeam also performed well.

Besides using a project management tool, we had update calls with YouTeam on a regular basis. Depending on how busy we were at each stage of the project, we had team calls once every fortnight. Any discrete queries were communicated through Skype.

What did you find most impressive about YouTeam?

I got along with the team really well. Because YouTeam has a London office, we went out for beers a number of times, in order to catch up. On one hand, we pay them as professionals to provide a service, but it's great to be able to go out, have a beer and relax. It made our relationship with YouTeam so much nicer.

Are there any areas YouTeam could improve?

YouTeam could consider being more regimented in terms of updates. If a project is running for 3-4 months, having a weekly diary that everyone sticks to, making sure that things don't slip, would be important. We had update calls, but we didn't have a weekly timeslot, which meant that we had to synchronize everyone involved every time. It's a minor point, which didn't cause any lapses, though.

Overall Score The fact that YouTeam was so enthusiastic and we had such a good relationship made a big difference.
    We hit all deadlines, but I would have appreciated more feed-back from YouTeam.
    YouTeam provided high-quality service, but what really made them stand out was the enthusiasm shown by the team. YouTeam jumped at the idea and even made me more enthusiastic about the whole process.