Your Story Agency

We are a results-driven video production agency helping businesses improve their marketing and communications. With in-depth content strategy and marketing knowledge our team is capable of taking the most complex products and communicating their value effectively to your target audience.

• 1055 West Georgia St #2100
    Vancouver, BC V6E 3P3

Marriott International, Hublot, Aston Martin, Parq Vancouver, Vancouver Canucks, Omega, Dom Perignon, Vocier, Style by Sarai, D2A Audio, Oxford & Kin, Driven Project, JW Marriott, Buffalo Sabers, Kidsport, NHL, Aqomi

Parq Vancouver & Vancouver Canucks - Play & Stay

Aston Martin - DB11 Volante & Style by Sarai

Vancouver Candle Co - Premium Soy Candles

Omega & Style by Sarai - Quality Takes Time

Multiple Video Assets for Startup Launch

"...they made my clients feel very comfortable and used their time very productively."

July - Sept. 2019

Your Story produced three interview-style videos to help establish a third-party startup's digital footprint. They collaborated directly with and filmed the end client.

Founder & CEO, Digital Advertising Company

Beyond the phenomenal end results, Your Story piloted a well-organized onboarding process, which helped the end client feel comfortable with each step. They managed expectations well, gave positive feedback, and cultivated a strong working relationship.

I am the founder and CEO of a digital advertising company. We have been in business for a collective of six years. We service companies looking to scale their operations via digital strategies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Your Story?

My company hired Your Story for a client of ours who was launching his start-up and needed high-quality digital assets created!

We brought the team at Your Story in to help develop our client's digital footprint (which was non-existent at this point) via high quality produced video.

Good word travels fast. Owning and operating a digital advertising company, it is always front of mind to find, and cultivate relationships with skillful and reliable contractors. I heard some amazing feedback through the grapevine about Your Story and their quality of work. I spoke with them, and the rest was history.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

First off, their onboarding process is incredible. Hands down the best I have experienced in the space. Thorough and very efficient! During the onboarding process, they made my clients feel very comfortable and used their time very productively.

The day of the shoot was just as seamless as their onboarding process. The video was conducted in a very unique interview-style based format- which again made my client feel very comfortable. Such a really important skill to have when seeking the best out of the client.

In the process, they created three interview-style videos that showcased the company, the founders, their story, and the value proposition of the business. Post-production time was extremely fast as well. Overall an incredible service provided

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Everything was very well coordinated, and seamless. Both Colin and Braeden did an amazing job articulating the processes, extracting valuable information from my client, making them feel very comfortable, and executing on the task at hand.

The quality of the content and execution of the campaign was phenomenal. I had a very specific vision for this campaign, and the team at Your Story did great.

I feel I have mentioned this already, but their systems and processes are really dialed in! We live in such a busy time, that getting our client's attention for more than an hour is usually a task.

Colin and Braeden both did really well educating my client's expectations, giving them positive feedback, and cultivating a great relationship with them. The best part, during this process they also got the best out of my client when it came time to shoot. This also made the content a 10/10.

How personable they are, their attention to detail, work ethic, the quality of the work, the delivery time of the assets... All of these points come to mind. I have worked with all price points and ranges for video production. Some of the, if not the best I've experienced.

Non that come to mind at the moment. If anything, their processes showcased a few areas of improvement in my own business- which, I am grateful for.

Overall Score Keep up the great work, and excited to work in the future!
    The processes they have in place as far as scheduling, pre-meeting reminders, onboarding...it was all a very efficient and effective process.
    The quality of deliverables was a 10/10. The content created will be used for years to come. Worth every marketing dollar spent.
    The vision and quality of deliverables far exceeded my expectations.
    Excited to see this company grow and evolve. Good work travels fast.

Video Production for Restaurant

"They have a lot of out-of-the-box ideas that I haven't seen from other vendors."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Your Story produces multiple videos for a restaurant's internal and external needs. They created an Instagram Stories template and email functionality.

Edmonton, Canada
Frank Lucas
Marketing Manager, Restaurant

Featured lunch specials have sold out at a markedly higher rate since the engagement began. Your Story's creativity, responsiveness, and simple communication style justify the investment and make them a valuable partner. They also offer useful tactical advice that is subsequently implemented.

I'm one of the managers at a restaurant that makes fresh sandwiches and soup from scratch. We're located in Edmonton, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Your Story?

We wanted to use videos to get more people in the door.

Your Story shoots videos for us to use as Instagram Stories. They helped us create templates to make it easy for us. We're exploring how to use video on other social media channels as well. They've been doing video interviews with our chefs and cooks, as well as videos focusing on the food.

We need videos that we can present when we try to get catering contracts. Your Story came up with a cool idea to do videos about our company that we can send via email to clients or prospects. They’re also creating training videos that we’ll use internally.

We work with Braeden and Colin (Co-Founders, Your Story). There are a few other people in their office but I haven't dealt with them directly.

How did you come to work with Your Story?

They were a recommendation from a friend. We couldn't find anyone good enough locally, and they quoted us an amazing price.

We’ve spent $45,000 CAD (approximately $34,000 USD) to date but will hit about $60,000 CAD (approximately $45,000 USD) by the end of this month.

Work started 5–6 months ago, and the engagement is ongoing.

The videos we've released have been doing really well. They bring in a ton of business for us. We’ll put a video up on Instagram Stories in the morning to try and sell items that we have on special for lunch. We sell out every single day that we use their template, which is ridiculous.

The unreleased video will create a complete picture of our company and the brand. Hopefully, by the end of this month, we'll have the full video to put out. We've seen the clips with our chefs, cooks, management staff, and customer testimonials. It's looking really good.

How did Your Story perform from a project management standpoint?

The Your Story team is great. Braeden and Colin flew down here to lead the filming, and they’re really easy to talk to. They set us up on Slack so we can communicate back and forth. It's an easy process, which is super cool.

Their creativity is most impressive. Your Story knows all the hottest video trends. They make great recommendations, such as using branded sounds of knives on cutting boards. They have a lot of out-of-the-box ideas that I haven't seen from other vendors.

Honestly, no. We've had a great experience. I can't say anything bad about them.

The one thing that helped us out is to give them full creative control. They showed us that if the client wants too much control, the final product doesn't look as good.

The price is amazing.
    I’m extremely likely to recommend them.

Visual Content Production & Curation for Farm Enclosure Manufacturer

"They actually take a vested interest in what we’re doing — it’s refreshing."

Mar. 2019 – Ongoing

Your Story produced photos and videos of a product mock-up. They also supported the creation of a website, physical brochure, and social media posts.

Frank Brams
Sales Manager, Franklin Enclosures

The visual assets have effectively gained external stakeholders' interest. In particular, content posted to social media has received significant engagement. Your Story is a communicative team with a can-do attitude. They’ve provided valuable ideas and insight throughout the engagement.

I’m a sales manager for Franklin Enclosures. We build interior grow operations like indoor farming of vegetables, cannabis, herbs and spices, and more.

What challenge were you trying to address with Your Story?

Your Story worked with us on visual content production and curation. Since we can’t reveal our customers due to confidentiality agreements, we set up a mock-up product in our shop. We were always trying to get people to come in and see it, but that wasn’t working. So, we wanted to take a more visual approach with a physical brochure, a video, and photos.

They produced photos and videos of a mock-up product we created. We can explain the mock-up to people as they watch the video. For example, they took individual pictures of the tools required to assemble a project. Their content supported the creation of our website and a brochure by providing and reviewing content. This content has also been posted on social media accounts.

Your Story also offered ideas on how we could improve what we were doing visually. For example, they suggested that the enclosure we built wasn't quite big enough to showcase what we had. So, we built a bigger one for the photo shoot.

Our main point of contact was Colin Marshall (Co-Founder, Your Story). I talk to him on a daily basis. There were three people involved in total.

How did you come to work with Your Story?

They were a referral from a friend of mine who has a lot of videos done. He gave me Braeden Fairbridge (Co-Founder, Your Story) and Colin’s number.

I gave them a call, and we set up an appointment. They were very professional in that meeting. We outlined what we wanted to do, and they showed us some of their previous work. They took a few snapshots with the camera they had of our mockup. Then, they produced photos and videos just to make sure we were on the same page. We loved it, and we continued on with them.

We invested over $30,000 in Canadian dollars. This would be about $10,000 in United States dollars.

We began working together in March 2019, and the partnership is ongoing. We’re using them on a constant basis now.

We began working together in March on the brochure. We started the social media campaign in July. We were posting everything in the middle of August, and we’re still working with them. We’re doing an upcoming show where they’re going to be producing a video and photos of us.

Before, it was easy for customers to say, “I don’t want to talk over the phone.” But, when our customers actually see the product, it’s really compelling to them. They say, “Wow, this stuff is really cool!” Now, they’re calling me.

They did a terrific video of us that detailed everything that we wanted to show. We could explain it to people as they watch the video. They had great ideas on how we could improve what we’re doing with the visuals portion of it. It’s absolutely phenomenal. I have zero complaints about the content.

We had 200,000 hits in 20 days on social media. Also, people say, “I love your website, who did it?” that means we’re on the right path. There’s not enough time in my lifetime to do what these guys have done in a month.

How did Your Story perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything is on-time and within budget. They are actually a little under-budget for what they proposed. We budgeted more than what they charge—it’s been really nice (we’ve spent two-thirds of the budget).

They’ve been very good to us. They’re competent, and we’re very pleased with what they’ve been doing. Also, their communication is awesome. We talk daily over the phone, and they’re always coming up with new ideas.

We’ve had other people come in and take photos. Comparing them is like night and day because Your Story doesn’t just go in and take photos. They actually take a vested interest in what we’re doing — it’s refreshing.

We haven’t had any problems yet. We have limited experience with photos and videos, but I don’t see any areas for improvement.

Potential customers should tell them exactly what they think they need, and then Your Story will tell you what you actually need. They know the limits of social media and videos. They’ve always been upfront and honest with us. They tell us, “I’m sorry, I don’t think that’ll work out — but, hey, let’s do a test shoot and see!”

Overall Score Their collaboration during strategy meetings has been really good.
    They’ve never missed a deadline. There’s been no disruption because of their other clients or other meetings.
    We got a good value, and it was money well-spent. They were under budget.
    These guys are so cooperative. They work hand-and-hand with us, it’s amazing.
    I’m already doing it.

Video Production for Branding & Marketing Company

"Compared to other agencies, their team invests the time to capture quality footage."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Brought on as a third-party contractor, What’s Your Story provides support throughout all stages of production for brand and marketing videos. Their efforts include filming and editing content within existing requirements.

Edmonton, Canada
Paula Morton
Chief Brand Officer, Aqomi

The videos receive positive feedback from clients for their extraordinary quality. What’s Your Story’s expertise guides production, creating the highest standard footage with a commitment to vision. Mindful of deadlines, the team’s professionalism ensures a long-term partnership.

I’m the chief branding officer of Aqomi, a branding and marketing company that specializes in design.

What challenge were you trying to address with Your Story?

We contracted them to produce a high-end video project for our client because we mostly focus on graphic design.

For this project, Your Story managed pre- and post-production of footage, delivering a cohesive final product from the direction we provided. All of their work reflects our existing stipulations.

We’ve worked with various team members at Your Story.

How did you come to work with Your Story?

Your Story was referred to our CEO.

We’ve spent $20,000 throughout our partnership.

We first collaborated in April 2018 and continue to work together.

I don’t have solid metrics, but we receive compliments on our videos all the time—their quality is extraordinary. We’re extremely happy with our collaboration

How did Your Story perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re always on time and diligent with keeping projects on track. The team communicates with us in a professional manner, seeking feedback to ensure they meet our guidelines.

Compared to other agencies, their team invests the time to capture quality footage. Because we don’t have a background in video, we rely on Your Story to create the set. Their lighting is top-notch.

There’s nothing they could improve; we’re extremely happy working with them.

Come to them with a story, but give them creative freedom. They’re experts and will help you produce something amazing.

Overall Score We have a great working relationship and we’re going to continue working together.
    They’re always on time.
    I don’t think you could find a more valuable partner.
    They’re very professional and create something that’s crisp and clean.
    We’ve already recommended them a couple of times.