We Make Remarkable

When York & Chapel was born as a digital house 20 years ago, we always knew digital would change the world. We just didn’t know how it would change us. Building on our strength as digital marketers, we’ve evolved into a full-service marketing and design agency—marketing innovation, branding experiences and visually stunning creative are now a fundamental part of York & Chapel’s DNA.

We have an intuitive understanding of the human relationship with technology: whether it’s the way people consume content, create or work. We know that behind the data is a more human need, the desire to connect. We can tap into that emotional connection for your brand—picking the right moment and the right medium to reach out, form a meaningful connection with your audience and tell your story.

With offices in Connecticut, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, and Vancouver, Y&C, along with our content production division, Sugared Studios, and our event marketing team at MashLive, is ready to help you with your next challenge.

2001
  • 610 - 180 John Street
    Toronto M5T 1X5
  • 1900 Market Street
    Philadelphia , PA 19103

ADP, T-Mobile US, Chubb, Zeiss, Oracle, American Express, Schick, SAP, Cisco, Monster Cable, NBC, Marc Jacobs, Hermes, Guess, Vonage, Dannon, UCLA, Princeton University, Pfizer, Reebok, Nautica, Nikon, IBM

Full-Service Marketing for Ergonomic Furniture

"They are a full-service agency that has the ability to adapt to sudden changes in market demands."

Jan. 2019 - Jan. 2020

York & Chapel raised brand awareness and business growth by acting as an extension of the internal marketing team. They supported tactical and strategic objectives, leading campaigns and creating a website.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Joseph Weber
EVP Global Healthcare, Humanscale

Thanks to York & Chapel's efforts, the business hit double-digit growth year over year. Their proven results, full-service marketing skills, and their ability to pivot made them an exceptional partner.

Humanscale Healthcare www.humanscalehealthcare.com designs and manufactures equipment used in clinical environments to help facilitate Point of Care.

For what projects/services did your company hire York & Chapel?

Humanscale Healthcare hired York & Chapel to support all tactical and strategic marketing objectives. The business relationship has grown into a full extension of our internal marketing team.

Brand awareness and business growth.

A full interview and Request for Information process was conducted. We also enlisted several firms to do what we considered simple projects to determine who performed best.

Y&C participated in planning meetings and strategy meetings. Both were handled separately. They were tasked with growing our brand through campaigns and website development. They completed both with success.

We had a main Y&C Account Manager and an assigned Account Representative. The two interacted with our day to day contacts along with our Executives.

Our business has grown as a result of their efforts. The numbers don't lie. We've experienced significant double digit growth each year of our relationship.

Very effective, again, the numbers do not lie.

Their experience and breadth of offerings. They are a full-service agency that has the ability to adapt to sudden changes in market demands.

There are always areas for improvement. When the team has been confronted with challenges and areas to improve upon they always rose to the occasion.

Digital Marketing Campaign for Photography Company

"We also established a weekly call to discuss all aspects of the campaign."

Apr. - Oct. 2019

York & Chapel provided development on a large-scale marketing campaign. They aimed to drive sales for a product family. They worked with ad placement and SEO optimization.

White Plains, New York
Tony Wisniewski
Senior Marketing Manager, Carl ZEISS SBE, LLC

York & Chapel successfully increased impressions and sales. Their team was communicative and eager to improve. They were very attentive to the campaign overall.

I am the Senior Marketing Manager, Americas for ZEISS Consumer Products, focused on photography and cinematography lenses

For what projects/services did your company hire York & Chapel?

We were given the task of developing a large scale marketing campaign, focused on driving sales of a specific consumer lens product family. As we are a small team, we knew we would need a rock star agency to implement and manage the digital portion of the program.

Goals were to increase awareness for and sales of our Batis Lens family within the consumer photography market.

Y&C had provided ZEISS with branded content in the previous year, and we interviewed them alongside another agency and chose them based on their advanced digital skillset. Costs were also favorable for this campaign

Y&C was tasked with social media and programmatic ad placement and SEO optimization. They also administered a ten person influencer campaign that ran concurrently. Not only did they knock it out of the park in terms of KPIs, the influencer campaign produced many new content creators that are aligned with the company today!

Their team comprised a mix of disciplines managed by one account manager. Their management was also involved to properly administer the campaign and present the results to our senior management. It seemed that the whole company was focused on our success

Impression counts were fivefold the success targets. Sales increased by 56% above prior year.

Y&C was always available for communication. We also established a weekly call to discuss all aspects of the campaign. All team members were made available to me.

Their eagerness to engage and improve as we went along. They didn't "set and forget," rather there was constant attention to the campaign and many tweaks and revisions to get the most out of the spend. They were always ready to offer suggestions to improve our results

I only wish I had another campaign for them to work on!

Overall Score Awesome Team!
    Always available for meetings and discussion
    No overruns, they stayed within budget
    Great Engagement, Awesome Results
    Very Likely

Email Marketing for Procurement Solutions Company

"They’re very creative and they have a strong ability to translate what the customers want in very simple terms."

2014 - Ongoing

York and Chapel created an email campaign to improve engagement with customers. They have since worked on various email marketing and design projects.

Palo Alto, California
Angelica Pinedo
Director, SAP Ariba

Open and click-through rates for the target customer group have increased 10%. York and Chapel's designs require very little feedback from the client. Their communication and creativity differentiate them from competitors.

I work for SAP Ariba, a company that offers procurement solutions. I work as the global director of customer marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with York and Chapel?

We were trying to target a particular segment group on the network, our suppliers. One of the challenges with this particular segment group is that they are forced to come to the network by the buyers. It’s not by choice, so there is a really tough relationship with these customers from the beginning. We engaged with York and Chapel to figure out how we can better engage with those customers. We want to do so in a way that was not just relevant, but also very different from everything else that they are receiving at this point.

From day 1, York and Chapel helped us create a new strategy for the program. It was basically a cartoon story for each of our personas: 1 for sales, 1 for marketing, 1 for procurement. It was a different story for each role that we were targeting. Based on that, they also helped us put together the script for each of the stories. They designed everything, including the templates and call to action for the email campaigns. If you think about the email campaign, it was a teaser of the story, so they created a whole thing for that. As a call to action, the contacts would click and they would open up a new landing page with a whole story. They could also see some resources and original information related to the story. York and Chapel also helped create the design for that particular case.

That particular project was about 2 years ago. Since then, we have been working with them on several other projects. We have engaged with York and Chapel in a number of projects in the last 3 or 4 years. For example, Arriba changed their branding last year. As a result of that, we had to change the branding across the board for our email campaigns. They have been helping with that effort, coming up with a new concept for the marketing pieces that we create. They put together a set of deliverables for us to use down the road to reflect our new branding. It was the same exercise we had to go through a couple of years ago. They also helped with the conceptualization of the project, helping put together the final design. We have been working with them for everything from a design perspective.

How did you come to work with York and Chapel?

They were recommended by a colleague. She used to work with this company a long time ago.

How much have you invested with York and Chapel?

I would say we’ve paid them between $30,000 and $50,000 per year. In total, we’ve spent more than $200,000 on their services.

We’ve been working together since 2013. The engagement is ongoing. For this project specifically, we worked together for around 3 months.

The program was very successful. We got the business-to-business award in 2015 for one of the supply companies they helped with. As part of the whole initiative that we have been working on, there’s been an increase of over 10% in our overall open and click-through rates for our email campaigns. That is huge, given the concerns that we had with this supplier group. Like I explained before, they are not the typical customers that are there willing to receive information from the company. For us, that was a huge improvement. It was a change that we noticed from the moment that we released the new campaigns with the new design. It was not that we changed the copy or we changed anything else; it was just the design. It was something that was very appealing to the customers. We also conducted a couple of focus groups to evaluate the quality of the overall branding of our campaigns. Everything went pretty well according to the results that we received, which were pretty much spot-on with the results we received from our open and click-through rate perspective.

One of the things that I really loved about York and Chapel is that they offer a quick turnaround. Usually, when you work with a design company, it takes several rounds of back-and-forth until you’re satisfied with the deliverable. That did not happen with York and Chapel. From the first draft, they are there 99%. They just need to do some fine-tuning to get it 100% perfect. That’s something that helps to simplify the whole process. Also, as a client, it allows me to get what I want in a really short period of time.

How did York and Chapel perform from a project management standpoint?

They usually go above my expectations. The communication is flawless. They use Basecamp to help manage the different projects because sometimes they don’t just work with me, but also with my company managers. We have never had any issues. They respond pretty quickly, with a turnaround of fewer than 24 hours every time that we requested changes to the designs. The moment I make the request to Nelson, I hear back from him in less than 24 hours. I have my first draft in my inbox 2 days later. Sometimes, they go even beyond the scope of work to help us facilitate what we need to get to the point where we want.

What did you find most impressive about York and Chapel?

They’re very creative and they have a strong ability to translate what the customers want in very simple terms. Usually, when you start with a new design company, it’s tough to get them to understand what you want. It can be difficult for them to create the concept that aligns pretty well with your company’s overall branding. That’s an issue that I have never experienced with York and Chapel, despite several changes to our branding. We just provide a couple of branding signatures to them and they get it right away. I know that if I need something, the next couple of days they will deliver, and it’s going to be something I’m happy about.

Are there any areas York and Chapel could improve?

Not that I can think of at this point.

Overall Score I have had the opportunity to work with many other companies in the past, and since I started working with them, I just continue working with them. I don’t explore any other companies anymore. I’m happy with York and Chapel pretty much.
    They always deliver ahead of time.
    It is very competitive, given the quality and the service they offer.
    I have never had any issues. On the contrary, they are always meeting my expectations. They always go above and beyond the call of duty.

Marketing Services for Independent Consultant

"Their team has so much talent and earnestness."

2005 - Ongoing

York and Chapel has assisted the client with multiple marketing and branding projects, some including website development, logo creation and lead generation.

Freelancer

Silicon Valley, California
Laura Medanich
Owner, Laura Medanich Marketing Consulting

The client praises York and Chapel for being consistently innovative over their 11-year relationship. Their team is honest, talented, and follows through, which is becoming increasingly rare according to the client.

I’m the owner of Laura Medanich Marketing Consulting. Our company handles marketing services for a variety of clients. Currently, it's restaurants in San Francisco, in the marketing demographics area.

What challenge were you trying to address with York and Chapel?

We were entering a brand-new market. The San Francisco Bay market was pretty new to the idea of luxury high-rise condominium development. We approached it with a packaged goods mentality and surrounded them with a packaged goods branding mindset.

York and Chapel helped us with some of our luxury branding experience, specifically the showroom and the website. They helped us with identity work, print materials, some light advertising work, and brochures. We collaborated on the showroom, things in the physical space. The showroom was pretty innovative in terms of using all of the senses to communicate the benefit of the development. We did 2 types of the traditional brochure. The buyer brochure was very dramatic and expensive. At the same time, the prospect brochure was something more innovative. York and Chapel did digital marketing, website lead generation, SEO, and SEM. Back in '05, that was really groundbreaking. The digital space was pretty new, rather questionable and often challenged. Now I'm working with them on restaurant menus and some exterior signage. Bringing the identity on-site, wayfinding—they're really good at that.

I had an industrial client way back that York and Chapel helped me with. They did some work for an international trade show on pipe coupling and desalination of water. For this client, York and Chapel did some logo work and identity work. They helped us break through the clutter, which was really hard to do because everyone had the same look and feel. They did some really great looking booth work for this trade show and some advertising. They also did some website work and it's really great looking. I'm not sure if it's still in use, but it looked fantastic.

How did you come to work with York and Chapel?

I was introduced to them through another marketer in the real estate marketing space way back in '05. They had experience in all of the disciplines that bring to bear when marketing real estate.  I think that's how I met Nelson Ho, way back when. Ever since it has kind of morphed into a continuing relationship. I've worked with him well beyond real estate.

How much have you invested with York and Chapel?

We’ve paid $200,000 to $1 million for their services.

We started in 2005 and it’s an ongoing engagement.

This project was way back in the early days of website development and many things have changed. Back in the day, lead generation and website development were a pretty innovative thing. York and Chapel were trailblazers in that area when we were in Silicon Valley. At every turn, they would do something extremely innovative in digital. They did brochures on memory sticks and things like that. For real estate developers, that was controversial because it was so new. Real estate developers tend to be risk-averse and the innovation challenged their thinking, I suppose. It was very successful in the end. It turned out great.

For the trade show, the desalination plant saw improved sales because they were able to stand out from the clutter. The identity work clearly helped that client.

How did York and Chapel perform from a project management standpoint?

We're using Basecamp and Kevin. When Basecamp doesn't work for us, for example, if I'm offline, then Kevin listens to me. It’s great. Kevin will be offline and he'll hear that I'm offline, so he would respond either by email or phone. He's a listener.

What did you find most impressive about York and Chapel?

Their team has so much talent and earnestness. They have an honesty which I so appreciate here in Silicon Valley. In Silicon Valley, it's hard to come across any marketing agency with such a positive honesty. I've worked in this market for too long. There are too many young bucks that need to learn some skills from Kevin and Nelson and his group. They need to learn manners from Kevin and Nelson. The young ones also need some basic account management skills, listening skills. They know all the basics and I think it just takes some basics. Not only do they have the skills, they have the follow through. They have the interest and the desire. They have the tools. They have everything needed to succeed and they do succeed. They work during weekends when needed. They just do what it takes, which is so unusual these days. I work with so many agencies and I can't believe how unusual it is these days.

Are there any areas York and Chapel could improve?

I wish they were closer to me physically so I could walk over to their offices. You know what? Being closer to Silicon Valley might ruin things.

Overall Score Wonderful!
    We're getting really good value.