Awesome web and mobile products for your business

Unlike most other firms, we take business needs first, making cutting-edge tech work for the goals of your company.

We are great web and native mobile engineering. Good, efficient architecture is king. Your product should be scalable, maintainable and future-proof, and we'll make it happen.

One of our core values is design. As fans of all things simple, we create clean, in-your-face user interfaces even for the most sophisticated workflows.

We strongly believe in the lean methodology, which means we'll encourage you to spend as little money as possible for the first version of your product. Instead of making assumptions and allocating huge budgets upfront, we should quickly create an MVP for you, take it to the market, collect feedback and reiterate fast!

Minsk, Belarus
  • Niamiha
    Minsk
    Belarus
  • Tehama
    San Francisco

Silicon Valley startups and medium-sized business across the globe.

Interactive Video App for App Development Company

"Yellow’s methods can’t be replicated. They truly stand out."

July 2018 - Ongoing

In addition to developing a cloud-based Elastic web platform that utilizes multiple programming languages, Yellow made upgrades to an iOS application that was mishandled by a previous developer.

Christopher Huntley
CTO, Hotpathz Inc

The application was successfully repaired and ushered into the App Store, and the platform was delivered ahead of schedule and under budget. Yellow exhibited a commendable customer service approach and a willingness to work at an appropriate startup pace.

I'm the CTO for an app company. Our team is comprised of academics with a heavy focus on research. We have deployed several applications with large universities in the United States, Canada, and the MENA region.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

Following a previous developer’s shortcomings in upgrading one of our applications and adhering to deadlines, we were in search of a partner that better understood our problems and was more suited to guide us through the development of our next applications.

The app in question was broken and was not going to scale well. We needed to correct its issues and get the app to market as soon as possible. Additionally, we needed to plan for the next steps to create an Elastic web platform that will take us through the next few years of growth.

Their head of business development contacted me ahead of our attendance at a specific conference. After meeting at that conference, I was impressed with their ability to understand our problems. They also exhibited a strong desire to work with us. I was not familiar with Eastern Europe as a market for developers, but my concerns were addressed during that meeting.

They helped us with the .NET repairs and Objective-C fixes within the app. Once those were complete, we pushed the iOS app to the App Store.

The next task was to create an MVP of the web platform. They ensured that the AWS stack was appropriate and scalable. This stack included CloudFront, CloudFormation, Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Compute Cloud, Simple Cloud Storage Service, Identity and Access Management, Lambda, DynamoDB, a custom API and various subnets. The project migrated from an SQL Server to Aurora MySQL, and they implemented Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery with a testing farm.

We ended up using a variable team for the different tasks, and we relied on different project managers for each.

We trusted them to use their team as needed, and they delivered products on time, under budget, and of a higher quality than we expected.

I can’t overstate how pleased I am with their project management. It was more effective than any other project I’ve worked on in the past decade. I can generally be a demanding client, but they easily exceeded my standards.

As a startup, we operate differently and with a smaller budget than a Fortune 500 company. Still, they were able to work at our pace. Yellow’s methods can’t be replicated. They truly stand out.

No, I sleep better with them on my team. They were comfortable using our tools and our stack. They needed no micromanagement.

Overall Score If I could, I would attempt to retain them exclusively for my projects.
    They're incredibly flexible.
    I don't have any concerns about their cost.
    I very rarely have questions regarding their work. They always get it right.
    I will definitely recommend them.

iPhone App Dev for Social Fitness Platform

"If you are looking for a partner to collaborate with for the development process, I would consider hiring Yellow."

2015 - Summer 2016

Yellow helped create an iPhone app that allows users to track physical activity. The provided support for quality assurance as well.

Chris Pointon
CTO, Racefully

Yellow has an intelligent team of developers that collaborated on the project to build a quality app. They follow instructions seamlessly, respond effectively to feedback, and invest themselves in the overall success of the product.

I am the founder and CTO of Racefully, a social activity-tracking platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We wanted to bring the app to market as quickly as possible, but with multiple activity trackers on the market, it needed to be fully-featured. We decided to engage an external company to give us the development capacity to meet our launch target and respond quickly to market feedback after launch.

Yellow collaborated with our in-house developers and UX designer to develop an iPhone app. It was not a fully outsourced project, essentially we hired Yellow to help develop the app and implement the design. They incorporated our in-house team into theirs to build the front and backend of the app. Yellow's primary responsibilities also included quality assurance.

We worked with two developers and a QA person from Yellow. Two employees from my team managed the project and I worked with them when necessary.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

Our UX designer previously worked with the Yellow team and he introduced us. We met and talked to them about the design we had in progress.

We spent about $150,000 with them in a little over a year.

We worked with their team at the end of 2015 and our app launched the following summer in 2016.

In the year after we completed the project, Yellow was instrumental in responding to user feedback and fixing any bugs that came up since the launch.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

I was the overall project manager for both teams. They worked well within the parameters of the instructions we gave them. Their team took feedback well and responded to the testing process in the best way possible.

Their team was very smart and knew the platforms are working with. They engaged with us as team members rather than an external company and we sensed that they were invested in the quality of the product. Additionally, their participation in code reviews was very positive and their team aimed at making sure that everybody's output was the best possible quality.

I found Yellow to be a very effective development partner. I would happily use them again if we needed developing services. We are pleased with the engagement and don't have any negative feedback for them.

If you are looking for a partner to collaborate with for the development process, I would consider hiring Yellow. I can't speak to how they perform on projects that are completely outsourced.

Web App Development for Client Management Platform

“Yellow is by far the best at helping us make decisions to push our company forward.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

Having finished development of a Rails app, Yellow now continues to implement new features. With several third-party integrations and a customer portal, the app boasts strict IRS-compliant security components.

Irvine, California
William Hamilton
Co-Founder, SmartCenter

Users continuously provide positive feedback on the app’s usability and performance, while a third-party review also provided insight into Yellow’s technical aptitude. Pronounced dedication bolsters their already-tailored project management. A genuine approach distinguishes them from competitors.

I’m the co-founder of SmartCenter, an intelligent practice management solution for small tax and accounting firms. I do everything I can to help our company grow.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We needed an adept team to step in and work alongside us as our technical partner to develop a product.

They came in to replace a team we were working with previously on the product. This required them to work on a code base that they didn’t start, but they managed to jumped right in and take the product where it needed to go.

They’ve taken the mobile responsive Ruby on Rails application from a minimum viable product (MVP) stage to a fully functioning app. They’ve implemented some login and security features, as well as developed our client collaboration portal. It’s a unique document sharing portal that meets IRS requirements for our industry regarding personal data (e.g., social security numbers, year-end numbers). The portal is a leader in the industry because it integrates real-time chat features with secure document sharing.

They’ve also helped us integrate the app with Microsoft Outlook, 365 Exchange, Gmail, QuickBooks, and Zero.

My initial point of contact was one of their founders, but that moved over to the project manager once development started. There have also been two frontend and two backend developers.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

I’d heard about them through a personal connection in the Bay Area. We chose them because we felt really comfortable with their efficiency and ability to finish the work in the timeframe we needed. Their price model was also aligned with our objectives.

We spent approximately $150,000.

We started working together in May 2016 and the relationship is ongoing as we continue to build out new features.

Users often comment on the app’s simplicity and seamless functionality. Many apps in the B2B sphere are outdated and inaccessible. They may have complex functionality, but they don’t feel good to use. Yellow worked with us to build an app that is both functional and easy for the user. A potential venture capitalist partner did a code review and said that it was the cleanest they’d ever seen.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Slack and Pivotal. I’m very pleased with the project manager. We’ve worked with four development teams over the life of our business, but Yellow is by far the best at helping us make decisions to push our company forward. They don’t just take requirements and start coding, but instead go to a much deeper level of understanding what we’re trying to do. They work with us to develop our vision in a unique way. They translate our goals into their project management on a daily basis, which is something they’ve done really well.

There are a lot of development teams out there that can produce clean code, but the majority of them don’t really care. Yellow stands out because they’re invested in the results and clients. If the team doesn’t truly care about the product, then it will show in the end result. Every single person on Yellow’s team genuinely cares about what they’re doing. I really appreciate that about them and it’s the main reason we will continue our relationship for as long as possible.

I’ve had a great experience from day one. I couldn’t be happier with their team and we haven’t had any issues.

There are certain things you have to take care of on your own before you bring in a team, but you don’t necessarily have to do that with Yellow. Their onboarding process and approach allow both parties to really figure out how to handle the project to end up with the best results. If you follow their process and trust that they want to help, then that’s a really good start.

Overall Score We’ve worked with multiple teams worldwide and Yellow has been the best so far. We’ll use them as our go-to developers for as long as we can.
    They always set reasonable expectations for timing and stay in communication with us throughout deadline periods. We haven’t missed any deadlines.
    We’ve received far more value for their development than we’ve spent over the last ten years.
    Our code was listed in the top 10% of categories we were reviewed in.
    I’ve actually referred them to other multi-million dollar enterprises who were looking for outside developers.

iOS & Android Dev for Family Messaging App

"Yellow elevated our product's outline and vision."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Providing additional development resources and expertise, Yellow collaborated on a dual-platform messaging app that integrates multiple third-party systems and is slated for public launch in one month.

Jim Barkow
Founder, Famlicious Inc.

Yellow exceeded expectations of an outsourced vendor. Engaged, supportive, and invested in project success, the team offered constructive criticism, creative guidance, and honest communication. Their user-centered approach resulted in a unique and reliable product that operates well on all systems.

I am the founder of a mobile app company focused on improving family communication. Established two years ago, we are a small company with fewer than five employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

We hired them to help develop our mobile app product. This included a project outline, project management, iOS and Android development, backend and database development, and UI design. Working in conjunction with ours, the team also needed daily and weekly accessibility via Slack and Skype.

Our goal was to develop and launch the alpha version in less than one year, with a beta version available for public testing three months after. We wanted a fast, reliable, and scalable product that could integrate third party services.

We initially tried to hire direct staff in the San Francisco Bay Area but were frustrated by the talent level available at our salary. After finding Yellow on an Angel List posting, we conducted a phone call, follow-up technical questionnaire, and product thought exercise with them. We were impressed with their correct responses and clear, well-developed outline. Once we agreed on rates, we established a team composite, basic goals, communication needs, and a budget.

Within two or three weeks of selection, Yellow submitted a project outline and wireframes for both iOS and Android. After several iterations, development began with a focus on the minimum value properties necessary for launch. We developed most of the app features ourselves but also used multiple third-party programs like Amazon Web Services, Heroku, and QuickBlox. Progress updates were available daily and all completed quality-assured code was stored in our repository. Yellow helped deploy the app on TestFlight and manage both the Apple and Google Play stores.

The team consisted of a designer, a backend architect, both iOS and Android developers, and a project manager, who was responsible for most of the communication. Additional developers and resources were also made available to us as needed. Discussing the project with us multiple times a month, Yellow’s CEO was very involved with input on product development. We had the support not only of a core team but of the entire company.

Within a year, a few family members were testing the alpha version launched in both stores and the results are great. The product is solid, unique, and fast on both platforms, and improvements are currently being made for public launch in one month. We are very happy and this has been a fantastic relationship. Engaged every step of the way, Yellow elevated our product’s outline and vision. I highly recommend them.

The project manager was great, highly communicative, and easy to get along with. We would Skype on request and communicate primarily via Slack. Invested in improving the product, deep consideration was taken for our product, the users, and new technologies. He has also been very honest when confronted with an issue.

I've very impressed by their knowledge of the entire app process and user-focused approach. Yellow dispelled my concerns that an outsourced team would simply do as they were told. They are deeply invested in making our product successful and are unafraid to voice their opinions; they would often develop concepts into features that were better than the original idea. All in all, I am very impressed.

Speed of delivery can always be improved, but not necessarily while maintaining a high quality of work. I wish they lived in my time zone!

Overall Score They are a great team with high quality development skills. I strongly recommend them.
    Scheduling was easy. They were always available for a call or to message, often in middle of their night.
    Their cost structure was fair, direct, and easy to understand. Each statement outlined every assignment and all hours worked.
    The quality was exceptional. We are very happy.
    I already have!

Ruby Web Dev & UI/UX for Auto Market Platform

"Their ability to develop single-page mockups into full websites has been incredibly valuable to our team."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Yellow provides supplementary development and UI/UX resources to increase product output and manage backlogs. In addition to frontend and wireframe design, the team contributes backend expertise with Ruby.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Eric Morgan
Product Manager, Speed Digital

Yellow quickly and seamlessly assimilated into a fast-paced and nuanced workflow, completing all deliverables on time. Responsive to questions, updates, and issues, they have streamlined management operations and reduced work backlogs by directing communication to appropriate in-house team members.

Speed Digital builds cloud-based technology solutions for the collector and specialty car markets. Our core product is a dealer management software that helps dealers process inventory, create and organize leads, and automate the marketing of hundreds of online classifieds. The integration of our document management system (DMS) into our website platform allows us to build beautiful, modern websites that instantly update with inventory changes. As product manager, I'm responsible for product roadmapping, creating and defining new features, and coordinating website builds with our development and design teams.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

As a small, rapidly growing startup with an accelerating client base, we needed additional resources to help address our backlog of website builds and updates. We hired Yellow to build out new custom website designs for our DealerMarketing platform, which links to our DMS and provides additional development resources for clients’ existing queued updates.

Our primary goal in supplementing our current frontend team was to increase our custom website build and maintenance bandwidth. We are fast-paced, and our developers’ industry experience allows them to build websites without mocking up or prototyping every detail of a build. We needed agile development resources with UI/UX skill sets that could immediately boost our output and keep up with growing demand.

Yellow responded to our Angel.co post detailing the type of resources we were looking for. After a call with their founder to discuss our needs, we decided to hire them for a single project. The great results of that first project led us to move forward with additional work and long-term support.

They were responsible for the homepage UI design and the wireframes of secondary pages used to build out websites on the DealerMarketing platform. Although this was frontend work, the platform’s connection with the DMS backend required knowledge in Ruby. Yellow also completed some requested updates to existing client websites.

The team consisted of a project manager and two frontend developers. A development lead and I worked with Yellow to establish access and setup for the platform.

Despite a rapid onboarding from initial contact to actual work, Yellow completed all deliverables within their time estimates. They picked up on the nuances of our platform quickly, directing communication and questions to the appropriate members of our internal team. As a result, we have been able to reduce our work backlog with minimal additional management overhead.

Project management and process expectations were established during an introductory call with developers. Yellow joined our task and communication platforms (Asana/Slack) without the need for additional training or demonstrations.

Despite their location abroad, Yellow has been incredibly responsive to updates or questions sent during our workday. Their UI/UX improvement suggestions and ability to develop single-page mockups into full websites have been incredibly valuable to our team.

There is not much for them to improve upon; any issues in communication or process were quickly resolved. We look forward to continuing our relationship!

UI Design for Human Resources App

"They took our feedback and turned it into a great UI."

Nov. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Yellow did UI design for a mobile app prototype. They worked from screen mockups and iterated on the design.

Austin, Texas

The team’s multiple design iterations ensured the delivery of a satisfactory UI and helped to meet all project goals. Expect a partner with strong communication skills and an emphasis on quality.

I am the CEO of an HR startup. We have an integrated application for delivering feedback and providing input.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

We needed development of a working prototype using screen mockups.

We wanted to rapidly iterate based on feedback on the prototype.

We looked at many vendors, but we chose Yellow because of the excellent pre-sales support we received from Dasha (Head of Business Development, Yellow). She was instrumental in getting us comfortable with the team's skills and the process.

They designed UI for a prototype of our mobile app.

We worked with a project manager and two designers.

We accomplished all our goals and beyond working with Yellow. We iterated on the designs and the results were fantastic.

Project management and sales support were excellent. Their project manager was a good communicator. They took our feedback and turned it into a great UI.

They delivered high-quality work.

No, we’re very satisfied.