Awesome web and mobile products for your business

Yellow is a Web and Mobile Development company that has built over 40 products for clients from the USA and Europe. Knowing the markets and being tech-savvy, we put business needs first and build cutting-edge solutions to help you get the product you want.

AREAS OF EXPERTISE

Our team is highly experienced in these industries: Social media, Communication, Travel, Healthcare, Banking, Insurance.

Whether it's Mobile App and Web Development, UX/UI Design, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence, the final product will be a true piece of art. Your app should be maintainable, scalable and future-proof, and we'll make it happen.

DESIGN

One of our core values is design. The technical expertise of our CTO combines with the creative experience of our designer-turned-CEO – mix in our skilled and talented UX/UI team and your perfect app is ready.

CLIENT

We pay extreme attention to the client's participation in product development. No hide-and-seek games, no murky processes. We don't disappear only to come back in six months with a product you didn't want. We communicate on a daily basis to make sure we are all on the same page.

PLATFORMS

We develop for these platforms with the help of a wide technology stack: Mobile (iOS, Android), Web, Wearables.

REAL-TIME APPS

And to top it all off, we are real pros when it comes to everything real-time: chats, chatbots, audio and video calls, voice assistants. We love doing them and we do them right.

Our main goal is to create business value, not just another piece of software. So if you want your future product to be truly special and competitive, contact us.

Minsk, Belarus
  • Tehama
    San Francisco, CA 94105

Since our founding in 2015, we've developed software for 40+ medium-sized businesses around the globe and Silicon Valley startups. Key clients: US National Association of Tax Professionals, Notion Digital, Famlicious Inc., DealStryker, Inc., OppSites.
BibleMania: Christian Trivia Image

BibleMania: Christian Trivia

Bible Mania is the fun, free Bible-themed trivia game that lets you test your knowledge of the Bible. BibleMania case study:https://yellow.systems/blog/trivia-game-development-how-we-created-a-tri...

7 pm Thursday: A Video-Centric Dating App Image

7 pm Thursday: A Video-Centric Dating App

A video-centric dating app where you are anonymous until you receive a call.

Famlicious: A Family Chat App Image

Famlicious: A Family Chat App

Famlicious is a family chat app with photo and timeline sharing that connects users with their families and provides a unique way of building family trees.

Famlicious case study:

HotelDataCloud: A Cloud Hotel Management System Image

HotelDataCloud: A Cloud Hotel Management System

A central database for hotels who want to be in control of their property descriptions.About HotelDataCloud: https://yellow.systems/blog/how-to-create-a-custom-hotel-management-soft...

Fireaway: A Single-Use Chat Image

Fireaway: A Single-Use Chat

Fireaway is the simplest chat.Create a single-use chat, invite others with a link. Close the browser tab, and the chat is gone.Website: https://fireaway.chat/

Travgenius: A Travel Fare Aggregator Website Image

Travgenius: A Travel Fare Aggregator Website

By integrating the most up-to-date databases and the most powerful APIs of the travel industry, Travgenius provides a way to book a hotel from over 450,000 properties worldwide, and for a price that is lower than what competitors offer.About Travgenius: https://yellow.systems/portfolio/travgenius

Telemojo: A Cloud-Based Contact Center Solution  Image

Telemojo: A Cloud-Based Contact Center Solution

Telemojo is an enterprise cloud-based text message contact center solution that makes issue resolution fast and customer service pleasant and effective.

Telemojo case study: https://yellow.systems/blog/how-we-developed-telemojo-a-cloud-based-cont...

StickerBox: Selfie AI Image

StickerBox: Selfie AI

StickerBox enables users to take pictures and create their own stickers.

Stickerbox case study:

Separate.us: A Supportive DIY Divorce Solution Image

Separate.us: A Supportive DIY Divorce Solution

Divorce is hard. Separate.us makes it easier and helps to navigate divorce from start to finish.

Website: https://separate.us/

Racefully: A GPS Activity Tracker  Image

Racefully: A GPS Activity Tracker

Run with friends wherever they are. Just log onto the Racefully app, invite your friends, and run together virtually in real time, whether you’re on the other side of the city or the other side of the world.Website: http://raceful.lyCrunchbase:

Mobile & Web App Dev for Security & IT Solutions Firm

“Their communication has been excellent.”

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Yellow provides app development services for an IT solutions firm. Their work includes iOS, Android, and web application development.

Toronto, Canada
Owner, Security & IT Solutions Firm

Yellow’s efforts have been met with high praise. The team is communicative, creative, and skilled. Customers can expect a reliable team that gets the job done.

I’m the owner of a security and IT solutions firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We needed help with software development.

They develop Android and iOS apps and the backend for web applications. We provide them with mockups and wireframes ahead of time for some of the projects. The majority of the time, they help us to put everything together.

There’s a project manager, a backend developer, an iOS developer, and an Android developer.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

I met one of them at a tradeshow in Toronto. Then I visited Belarus and had a meeting. We decided to use them as a subcontractor for our clients.

We’ve invested $70,000.

We started working together in March 2019 and it was ongoing until the Corona Virus hit. We’re postponing it until further notice.

I’m really satisfied with the work they did for us.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication has been excellent. We got weekly reports with a timesheet of how many hours have been spent on what. Every 2-3 days we communicated over WhatsApp. Everything is well-documented.

Their communication and creativity stand out.

No, we’re very satisfied.

My advice is to be very specific about what you want to do.

They gave us a discount from the original price.

iOS & Android App Dev for Social Media Startup

"They have some really good talent there."

July 2019 - Mar. 2020

Yellow built an iOS application for a social media platform. They’re currently working on developing the Android version of the app.

CTO, Social Media Platform

The quality of Yellow’s work is good. Although there have been some issues with project management, the development team is skilled and able to understand the needs of the client.

I’m the CTO of a social media platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We were looking for an external team to build a mobile application with us.

We gave specific wireframes and mock-ups for the project. Collaboratively, we worked from there to develop the mobile app for iOS. They were in charge of mobile app development, working closely with me as I was the backend developer and had control of implementation.

The app allows for sending pictures, videos and chats. There is a layer that generates finances, as well, setting our app apart from others in the space.

The app is only iOS compatible currently, but they will soon be working on a version for Android.

There was a project manager and one primary developer. However, an additional developer came on a few times throughout the project.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

We found them on Clutch and another site, both with positive reviews. We met with the CEO who seemed understanding and experienced with the platform.

We’re investing between $80,000 - $120,000. We have spent about $80,000 to this point, but the contract for the Android version will take it to roughly $120,000.

We began working together in July 2019, and the work is ongoing.

We're reached app submission stage and agreed to continue using Yellow for the Android version. Something we would have only done if happy with the iOS version. This is one of our longer-lasting partnerships which is in itself something due to our own high demands.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

From our perspective, it took a lot of pushing to get things properly managed. Admittedly it was agreed to be very informal as we only had one developer but that changed over time but the project management didn't.

Yellow use Jira as the tool but the tickets would become mismanaged, not estimated and with no sprint review or burndown/velocity charts, felt like a critical professional aspect was missing in how the project was delivered.

They have some exceptional talent there. Some of their developers are very committed to our project personally. Unlike other studios, Yellow has developers that work way beyond the paid hours and take on a personal endeavor to deliver an app they are also proud of.

For us, it was the project management. Whilst we took on a less formal role, with how to run the project, there was some clear over-confidence within Yellow in the progress of the project at the beginning. In turn, we ended up running significantly over in cost and time. That said, we reached an amicable agreement with Yellow and because of that continue to use their services. Their CEO / Founder is an incredibly understanding and likable person.

I'm sure if you put your trust in Yellow to deliver the full life-time-cycle of a project they will exceed your expectations. If, you're developing the backend system like ourselves, then be sure to get the developers that are the right fit for you personally, and your expectations in code quality. Don't be afraid to say it's not working out too early. We hesitated in some of our decisions and costs us weeks of development time.

Overall Score They are always available to communicate daily.
    They're not the most affordable.
    It depends on the project.

Custom Web Dev for Musical Cover Sharing Platform

"Yellow exceeded my expectations."

Apr. - June 2017

Yellow provided web development updates for the client’s site so they could scale up their business. This included a chat function, YouTube synchronization, and new paid membership options.

Hayward, California
Max Abukhovsky
CEO & Founder, Coverium

As a result of Yellow’s work, the client has seen an increase in revenue. Users of the site are happy with the new features. The team is responsive and dedicated to their work. They provided frequent updates and were transparent about their progress.

I am the CEO and founder of Coverium which is a website and community for cover song sharing. It is for people who produce popular songs and perform them in a unique way. The website has been up for about five years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

I needed some help with my project as I was getting more people involved in the community. I made a long list of features that I wanted to build and started to look for some external help.

My website is a community and sharing platform for the most popular covers. We arrange YouTube videos by the number of views, likes, and comments and we also group them in charts by performance time, performance type, and how many performers.

The website was working, but I had additional features I wanted to include. I built the specifications and provided them to Yellow. These features included the ability to chat with other users and YouTube synchronization.

We also expanded the account options. There are three different types of accounts: free, tenant, and pro. Each account has different features based on how much the subscription fee is.

It was a full-stack project consisting of front- and backend development work. I already had some backend, most of which was in Java Spring Hibernate.

Our frontend was developed using Bootstrap and jQuery. However, there were some pages where Bootstrap didn’t match the screen and elements were overlapping. They fixed those issues and built a more flexible UI. They also provided QA services.

I worked mostly with Ivan (Founder). I also had a couple of conversations with their tech lead and he helped me to make decisions when it came to technological specs and implementing certain things.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

I received a referral from a friend who is an entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. He used their services for mobile app development. We had several calls and based on the information that they provided to us, we negotiated a rate and they assigned a developer to our project.

I worked with them from April–June 2017.

One of the most important metrics for me is transparency. When I assign a task, I want to be sure that I get updates every day in terms of progress and issues that might arise. Yellow exceeded my expectations. I was always able to reach Ivan by Skype and he was pushing the code on Bitbucket every day. I would wake up in the morning to see email updates and view their changes.

All the features that Ivan developed were appreciated by my customers. I have a feedback form and the feedback I received was positive. I was also able to pay off my investment because the new paid account options were quite popular.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

They have excellent project management skills. For example, there was one situation where a user submitted a bug fix request. There was a problem with his YouTube channel and the synchronization was failing. Ivan and I looked at the bug together and upgraded the source to give a better response.

I was able to provide Yellow with feedback and communicate with my developer on a daily basis. They felt like a part of my in-house team. We had ongoing open communication.

We used Bitbucket to manage the project and collaborate, and we used Skype to communicate.

Their performance was good. I didn’t expect that kind of performance from someone working offsite. I was happy that they completed the project ahead of schedule, so we had some time left to work on additional projects and improvements.

As a customer, I was satisfied with the delivery. If I could’ve hired more people, that would’ve been nice. However, for having one person and taking into account all the stuff that was done within my budget, I’m a happy customer.

Try to formalize the requirements for the project before starting out, or at least start by giving them some basic ideas that you have. It will allow them to better assist you.

Overall Score My overall experience was good. There were no issues, and everything was done on time. Communication was open and clear.
    They exceeded my expectations, even when I added some extra work.
    I had enough resources to complete the work just with one developer.
    Everything was superb.
    If it is a bigger project, I would spend more time talking to them to ensure they have the expertise required for the project.

Web & Mobile App Dev for SaaS Company

"Anytime we’re faced with a challenge, Yellow impresses us by coming up with a solution to overcome it."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Yellow was hired by a software development company for team augmentation. Their developers assist the internal team with the 3.0 version of one of their SaaS applications for both web and mobile.

Lakeland, Florida
Christopher Bianco
CEO, Hyvery inc.

Internal stakeholders are extremely pleased with Yellow’s integration into their company. They work quickly, at times outpacing the project, and provide code with very few errors. Their team offers a high level of expertise and engagement with the project.

I’m the CEO and co-owner of a software development company, Hyvery inc. We offer several SaaS applications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We were in the process of expanding our core SaaS application, and we didn’t have enough resources to meet the demand for our product. We decided to hire an external team to help fill in some of the gaps we had surrounding development.

We brought the team onboard to build the 3.0 version of our application, while our internal team works to continue supporting the current version of the product. We provide Yellow with the UI/UX designs, workflow, and processes to facilitate the development of our iOS and Android applications. The team builds the actual apps, then uses our endpoints to connect the frontend to our main database. They utilize React Native, Java, and MongoDB, and GraphQl.

In terms of functionality, Yellow has implemented Native QR scanning, GPS coordinates, image uploads, and various types of form capture.

Recently, we also turned over the web portion of the application to Yellow.

Currently, we’re utilizing three of their team members: a project manager, a lead developer, and another supporting developer.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

Yellow was recommended to us from another development team we were utilizing in a different area. We pulled Yellow in for a test project, and we were impressed by the quality of their work, communication, and project management skills.

We’ve spent just under $30,000 so far.

We began our engagement in November 2019, and the work is ongoing.

Right now, we’re measuring their performance based on timelines. They’ve met each deadline we’ve set, and, measuring against our internal QA sheet, rarely make errors in their codebase.

Further, we never have to walk Yellow through the development process — we can give them tasks and feel confident that they’re able to fill in the gaps and run with it. That level of autonomy has been extremely helpful, especially given the tight timeline we’re working with.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

Yellow has exceeded our expectations, especially in terms of meeting deadlines. There have been periods where we’ve had trouble keeping up with their team’s speed.

Two main aspects have stood out to us so far. The first is their skill set in utilizing some of the latest technologies. Also, we're impressed with their ability to stay engaged with the project as a whole. When Yellow is working on a task, they understand how it will impact the product down the line. The team has provided great insight into our processes, making sure we don’t make small mistakes that will impact us in a larger way in the future.

No, they’ve performed very well.

Make sure you have the project scope and all of the requirements that go along with it ironed out. Have the work ready for Yellow when they come in, because they get to work very quickly. You need to have the project planned in the event that they outpace you in their development.

Mobile App Dev for Non-Profit Training Platform

"They have an interest and talent for thinking outside the box."

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

Yellow provides technical consulting, design, and development services. They created an Android app that transforms videos into a mobile game along with an admin dashboard.

Petaluma, California
CEO, Driver Rehabilitation Institute

The vendor's innovative thinking has helped stakeholders achieve their vision. The solution is visually appealing, accessible and thoughtfully structured, as illustrated by positive user feedback. The team is easy to communicate with, and they have a seamless task management style backed their expertise.

I’m the CEO at Driver Rehabilitation Institute, a small non-profit that specializes in crash reduction. It helps allow people to drive that may have medical issues that would keep them from driving otherwise.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?
The work we do is mostly done by occupational therapists, and there aren’t enough therapists to work with populations like returning combat veterans and people who’ve had a traumatic brain injury or a stroke. We were looking for a way to get the knowledge of occupational therapists out and widely available to the people who need it.

Our goal was basically to make a video into a video game and an app. We had driving school instructors throughout the US, Canada, and other parts of the world film in their local areas. Then, we wanted to go through the videos and made objects clickable, such as brake lights or traffic lights. We were looking for somebody who had an idea of how to do that.

They figured out how to do the clickable video before we started or needed to pay them anything. They delivered a proof of concept. Then, they developed an Android app with clickable touchscreen videos where users could touch items within the video. They designed the UI/UX and admin dashboard for it as well.

Now, we’re working with them to develop a dashboard that somebody can look at with their clients (e.g. someone at a driving school or a therapist).

They used Google Cloud Platform and the Android platform. For coding our admin dashboard, they used React in the backend.

There’s one frontend person who takes our ideas and brings them back to the others in the team.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

Somebody on our board of directors that’s really talented in the tech space encountered them at a tradeshow. They felt they had an idea of how to do what we wanted. We were highly skeptical, but they built a quick prototype that showed us the technique they were thinking of would work.

First, we started on a smaller issue we had with an existing app. We weren’t hiring them for development work, but to fix something we had a problem with. Then, we engaged them in March 2019 to work on the main project in this review.

We’ve invested $125,000.

We started working together in September 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I was very impressed with their systems and procedures for doing the design spec, wireframes, and a prototype. They’re professional developers. The UI/UX was very pleasing to the eye and thoughtfully designed.  It was done very methodically and not ad hoc, which I appreciated.

The initial response from the folks that are using it has been positive. They find it easy to navigate.  We just launched and don’t have a lot of users yet. We were going to go to a bunch of tradeshows this month to roll it out, but that’s been put on hold.

We’re doing a usability study at a university. They put 20 of their college students through it, and it provided pretty positive results overall. They had some little nitpicks with it, but we got pretty high marks. They understand how to design an app to appeal to a North American user.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is thoughtfully done. It shows me that they had some experience doing projects like this in the past. Instead of working with multiple people, we have one main point of contact. We use Slack and other project tools. Also, most of the folks speak English as well as us if not better.

What attracted us to them is they weren’t just a code shop or website shop.They have an interest and talent for thinking outside the box. They were very creative in coming up with a solution for what we needed almost immediately.

For example, they’ve integrated AI so it’s possible to analyze our user’s behavior. They’ve come up with some clever ideas on how to do that, including how to analyze large amounts of user data. From that perspective, what sets them apart is their ability to not just use current tools, but to think outside the box by bringing in other tools.

There’s nothing that comes to mind.

One of the things that benefited us was meeting the principals when they were here for shows. It’s always good to get to know the people that are working with something that’s really important to your company. Take the time to get to know them. Consider them a member of your company and treat them that way. They will deliver.

They gave an estimate and hit it pretty close to the final cost. They gave an estimate on time and came very close to that as well.
    We’ve recommended them.

Custom Software Dev for Audience Engagement Tool

“They are incredibly good at creating products from inception to delivery.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Yellow designed an audience engagement application for a digital engagement company from the ground up. They worked from high level specifications to deliver cross-platform UI/UX and backend infrastructure.

Reading, United Kingdom
CTO & Head of Digital Engagement, Events Services Company

The progress made on the application so far has completely satisfied project stakeholders, delivering everything promised by the Yellow team. They have prioritized constant communication through effective use of JIRA, Slack, and collaborative Google docs to track the project.

I am the CTO and head of digital engagement for a company involved in the events industry, specializing in audience engagement.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We engaged with Yellow to develop an engagement platform for us.

We worked together to put together a UI/UX brief that laid out some of the fundamentals of the front- and backend of the platform. Their project manager then relayed that information to the rest of their team, and they handled the development on their own from there.

They created the wireframes and advised us on what they believed to be the best way to move forward. I’m not familiar with the exact technologies that went into the application, but I know that there are a lot of moving parts and different components that they had to take care of. The platform runs on a variety of platforms and can be used online or offline, and they chose technologies to meet those requirements based on best practices and future adaptability.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

Our CEO had a relationship with their company from a previous engagement, so we reached out to them, and after a few meetings, we realized that they had the trustworthiness and the technical ability to handle our project.

We started working together in the middle of 2018 and are continuing to work together as we maintain and improve the application.

We have been very satisfied with the project so far because they always deliver on what they say they will do. If there are changes to project parameters or if we have given them an unrealistic workload, they will communicate that to us, but in the end, we have full confidence in their ability to deliver.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is incredibly smooth with their team. We use JIRA, Slack, Google docs, and a few other internal communication tools to make sure that the entire team stays updated and we consistently stay on top of the work.

They are incredibly good at creating products from inception to delivery. Rather than just being code monkeys like a lot of development agencies, they can really take a blank piece of paper and create something that fulfills your goals as a business.

No, I don’t think there’s anything they could have improved. They’re very good at what they do.

Application Development for Law Form-Building App

“They were easy to work with, and they provided good guidance.”

2014 - 2016

Yellow created a B2C application to automate the form filling process for a family law practice. They built the admin dashboard and formatted the user interview to collect necessary data.

Oakland, California
Sandro Tuzzo
CEO, Separate.us

Because of marketing costs, the B2C application fell out of use in favor of a different B2B tool. Yellow was very focused on customer satisfaction, and they participated regularly in standups. They helped solidify features, and they thoroughly explained their process.

We build forms for family law. I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

I needed to build an application that could automate the form building process.

They created a customer interview for users, and they implemented functionality that could assemble forms automatically, based on user answers. They also created an admin dashboard.

I worked with a project manager, and the rest of the team included one or two developers.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

A colleague recommended them. This was very early in my role as the CEO of my company, so I relied on that recommendation.

We spent between $50,000-$100,000.

I believe we started working together in 2014 or 2015, and the project ran for about two years.

We no longer use the platform they built, so I don't have any metrics to share. It was essentially a B2C prototype, and it worked well enough. Because of some layout issues and the marketing costs, we ultimately went with a different B2B model.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

We had standups, and we used Pivotal Tracker. We always communicated through the project manager, and we became better product managers during the process.

They were easy to work with, and they provided good guidance. Because of my background, I needed to work with someone who wasn't too technical. They helped me articulate the features, and they walked me through how everything worked.

It's hard to estimate accurate completion dates with this kind of software development, but they could have been more conservative with their projections. They were very customer-centric, but they occasionally over-promised. There were some delays that slowed delivery.

We came to them with a very specific idea of what we wanted to build, which was helpful to our process.

CMS Development for Tax Professionals Association

"Their speed was much faster than we'd previously experienced."

Apr. - Sept. 2019

Yellow implemented a custom solution for a large nonprofit organization's new blog. They used Contentful CMS as a reusable content source and built the frontend display for blog content.

Washington, DC
Jerry Sparkman
IT Director, National Association of Tax Professionals

Browser compatibility and readability have increased markedly since the engagement began. Yellow's development process helped them beat deadlines and respond quickly to any technical concerns that arose. Their ability to bring creative ideas of their own to the table made them a valuable partner.

I’m the IT director for the National Association of Tax Professionals. We exist to be the most reliable resource for gaining and developing professional tax expertise for about 23,000 members.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yellow?

We needed to find a solution for some of our digital needs. In particular, this project was to create a blog. We struggled with knowing whether to go with a pre-existing system or to have a system built from scratch.

Yellow helped us come up with a blended solution. They selected Contentful to be used behind the scenes as our CMS. It’s a flexible, headless CMS. Then they built the frontend display for the content of our blog. It serves as a reusable content source that can be distributed to other channels. In the future, we'll be able to add a mobile app or other microsites and be able to distribute that content from the central source.

We mainly spoke with the project manager, but I know there was a team of several others working on our project.

How did you come to work with Yellow?

They came to us through a direct reference. One of our partners at a tax software startup introduced us to Yellow last year. Together we scoped out a couple of projects. This was the first one to try and get to know each other.

We spent between $10,000–$15,000.

The project took place from April–September 2019.

We're launching the finished product tomorrow. So far through our testing, we're able to see it's highly browser compatible. It's mobile compatible and it even works with Internet Explorer 11, which is a big deal. That’s a great win on the technical side.

Yellow was able to incorporate Microdata, Schema.org, and Google AMP functionality. That helps with readability and makes it more distributable across the Internet. We also worked closely with our marketing team internally to achieve brand consistency.

How did Yellow perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was very good and very fast. In fact, they were mostly waiting on us to get items to them. They took smart advantage of the time difference. If we sent over a question or an issue, we frequently would hear back the same day or the next day. We didn’t spend much time having to go back and forth on bugs or iterations. Yellow typically understood exactly what the issue was and came back with a fix right away. We were really pleased with their speed.

Their speed was much faster than we'd previously experienced. We're used to scoping everything out upfront and approving cost estimates before getting mockups and screenshots. Yellow starts by talking through conceptual design ideas and what we’re looking to accomplish for our business. We saw deliverables from them right away. What’s more is that, historically, other projects haven't been able to meet internal satisfaction here but this one did.

They could communicate the rapid development process better to new customers. There were times where we didn’t know how to flag problems. We weren’t sure if we should aggregate all bugs in one report or send them as they came up. Now that we know each other better, we’re more comfortable with their process.

Be prepared to move quickly. Have the resources and capacity on your side allocated and ready to go.

They were faster than us.
    Price was more than reasonable for what we got.
    Deliverables are at least as good or better than what we’d hoped for.
    I’d absolutely recommend them.

Web Dev for Vehicle Purchasing Platform

"So far, feedback about the product has been excellent."

June - Aug. 2019

Yellow used a MERN stack demo and existing UI/UX designs to develop an MVP for a vehicle purchasing platform. The product displays information about dealerships using the WebSocket protocol.

Houston, Texas
Bradley J. Humble
Co-Founder & CTO, DealStryker, Inc.

External stakeholders are pleased with the quality of the platform. Responsive and flexible, Yellow maintained open lines of communication and resolved issues quickly. Customers can expect an accessible and dedicated partner.

We connect car buyers with dealerships. We are in the early stages of an startup and needed a proof of concept. I am the CTO.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

We hired Yellow to help take our demo to a MVP. Prior we already had the UI/UX prepared. They worked off our designs and surpass our expectations.

To develop a proof of concept. We had a MERN stack demo that was built out with functionality.

Was reaching out to a bunch of developing companies that were attending Collision 2019. I met Dasha and Dmitry there and they liked our concept, were in our budget as well as weren't focused on selling but rather asking about the platform we were wanting to build. I met with a lot of dev companies and they tend to be very pushy, while Yellow understood we were shopping around and was patient in that process.

The platform itself had to filter through dealerships to connect using a bunch of parameters as well as using web sockets to display them. They gave us a schedule of what would be built out, daily updates as well as fixed any issues quickly I or my team had.

We had the pleasure of working with Dasha, the head project manager, Dmitry, the lead developer as well as Alex the other developer. During the build process I spent most of my time communicating with Dasha about scheduling and with Dmitry about specifics regarding the tech development.

My team has showed the MVP off to close family and friends but we are in the process of getting market feedback soon. So far, feedback about the product has been excellent.

Yellow uses Agile, but prepared a schedule as well as daily updates regarding the project.

They were very accessible regardless of the time difference as well as communication was good. We had a couple bumps here and there regarding designs that were not originally discussed in our UX/UI designs but they were quick to find solutions as well as any needed changes we requested.

I would recommend updating the dev schedules weekly. The original schedule we were provided was an estimate, which is fine, but was only updated for the invoices. Dmitry supplied his own per week near the end of the project which I liked but did not have the whole schedule for the project estimated, only the sprints. I would recommend a mixer of both or some routinely updated schedule to help my team understand the timelines better.

Overall Score Positive rating regarding their work, people and process.
    Straight Forward and Finished a bit early.
    Reasonable and upfront about pricing.
    Amazzing Work.
    Enjoyed working together and hope to do so again in the future.

Web Development for Design Studio

"They are able to solve problems quickly and they communicate extremely well."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Yellow developed a website for a graphic design and creative agency. Their team is responsible for speed optimization, site updates, and bug fixes.

Boulder, Colorado
Founder/Creative Director, Design Studio

Although the work is ongoing, the speed of the site has improved greatly. Yellow possesses the expertise and communication skills necessary to facilitate a smooth working relationship.

I am the founder of a design and creative agency. We provide design and user experience as well as campaign creative to a wide variety of clients.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yellow?

Yellow acts as our web development team, handling updates and new web functionality for our clients.

We were looking for a reliable and highly skilled partner that we could trust with the development side of the business.

I looked at several vendors both local and abroad and found the Yellow was the most responsive and highly skilled. They were able to work in a number of different technologies and they are able to respond during our working hours even with the time difference.

Yellow has been able to tackle all of the projects I have given them. This has included speed optimization (increasing Google site speed by 10x), site updates and bug fixes, as well as new page development.

I work with a project manager and 2-3 developers depending on the project.

The updates that Yellow has made have made the site more stable and efficient and in the case of the Google speed optimization, have increased site speed 10x, which will have a massive impact on user experience as well as SEO performance. They have greatly exceeded all expectations.

Project management has been very efficient. Language has never been an issue and communication has been smooth, using Skype and email for project requests and continuous communication.

I continue to be impressed with their technical skills and responsiveness. They are able to solve problems quickly and they communicate extremely well. I can also tell that they really care about our partnership.

I can't think of anything they need to improve.

Overall Score Yellow is a great agency and I highly recommend them.
    Scheduling is always clear and easy to do.
    Their rates are great considering the high quality.
    Their work is always top notch.
    I would highly recommend Yellow.