Apps for All Screens

Yalantis is a full-stack mobile and web app design and development company. We excel in customer-centered user experience and user interface design. We deliver expected value to our clients by focusing on KPI in our approach to app development. We optimize our products at every stage of their development to give our clients maximum value for minimum effort.

Our technology stack includes:

Obj-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, Ruby on Rails, JS, PHP, AngularJS, React, Elixir

Latest case studies:

Homesway - Real Estate, US

Talos - Sports, US

Snapbook - eCommerce, Kuwait

Brilliant Move - Logistics, US

Autoportal - Marketplace, India

We work with small and medium size businesses and startups. Our company’s brand is well-known among executives in New York, Silicon Valley, Berlin, Copenhagen, Oslo, and Kiev. Check out our Github and Dribbble profiles.

2008
  • Yalantis
    Vozdvizhenskaya 22
    Kiev 01032
    Ukraine

UBS (Swiss global financial service company)

Zillow (The leading real estate marketplace in the US)

Autoportal (The largest marketplace for cars in India)

The Lulu App Magic Cube

A fully immersive iOS app in full VR goodness.

Case study: http://works.yalantis.com/luluapp/

HomeSway

With HomeSway buyers can schedule tours through the app and save their impressions right in the app:

Talos

Talos is a brand new workout tracking ecosystem, that uses sensors and NFC technology to track all activity within the gym, helping users achieve their goals by effortlessly documenting their workouts.

Snapbook

App for editing images and designing unique photo creations including photo books, home decor items, and gifts.

Street Easy: NYC Apartments

StreetEasy allows you to search for homes and apartments across New York City, Northern New Jersey, and the Hamptons.

Autoportal: Porting the Largest Marketplace for Cars to iOS and Android

Marketplace for people looking for cars. The app explains every car in detail, including on-road pricing, key features, expert video reviews, closer 360-degree view and more.

Brilliant Move: An On-Demand Delivery App

An on-demand delivery app for home and office moving process.

Workout Book: Workout Tracking App Concept

Workout tracking app concept. Workout Book is a logbook app that records that records personal exercise routines.

App Development for Startup

"[Yalantis' design] touches on a lot of stuff that people can see as something being very successful."

In two months, Yalantis designed and developed a client mockup into a functional prototype presentable to investors. Afforded full creative license, they provided valuable insight on design and UX/UI.

Phoenix, Arizona
Founder, Mobile News Application

The prototype features a new and exciting design that has interested investors. Despite geographic differences, Yalantis was exceptionally affordable and available. Meetings and conversations were structured and well organized with prior planning.

I'm the founder of a consumer app where we allowed people to share articles in a new way on mobile.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Yalantis?

My business wanted to go through a complete scrum period with Yalantis where we created a wireframe, and then designed it. I wanted to take my idea from out of my head and get it to something that is real and that I could take to investors and raise money for it.

I did my own mockups and gave Yalantis specific instructions. I explained to them all the features and they were able to understand it at a high level and give me what I wanted. I was pleased with the designers. I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, but I'm not a designer and gave them creative license. They gave me some key design points that I liked for the app. Once I was able to describe the feature sets specifically we put together a wireframe and then we designed it. It was important to take into account how users would be using it and best practice user interface for today's user. They were able to suggest many different things.

How did you come to work with Yalantis?

I extensively searched for a partner to help me build my prototype. I was looking at Behance and Dribbble, and they both have many designs. I came across two people's designs that I liked, and it turned out both of these people worked at Yalantis. I decided that's who I would use for the prototype. I hire a lot of work from Upwork and across the world. I've learned a nice website doesn't always mean good, quality work. Yalantis had a nice website, and they had a nice blog they updated regularly. They had some high-level blogs. That partnered with me coming across two different designers organically that worked for them – I was impressed with them overall. Their blog pushed good content about the state of the app industry. It proved that they knew what they were talking about.

My project cost between $10,000 and $15,000.

We're still raising money. I'm able to give my pitch to investors and show the prototype. It has been an ongoing project. After I raise funds, I'll be going to Yalantis for development. I had a six-month ongoing conversation with them because of the time it took to raise funds. They worked fast. When you put a deposit down, they allocate resources to you and give you a designer, a back-end guy, someone to answer your questions, and one or two project managers. The project was completed in two months.

The prototype created by Yalantis has helped influence investors. The design is very exciting and new. It touches on a lot of stuff that people can see as something being very successful.

How did Yalantis perform from a project management standpoint?

They were top-notch. I don't know how other firms work because this is the first firm that I've hired. Part of the reason I used them is they had a very affordable hourly rate for the work that I saw they had online. Another deciding factor for me was they had done the StreetEasy app that Zillow purchased. Also, if I had gotten this done in the United States, it would have been $40,000.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

Yalantis was very affordable and always available. Even though they were across the world, we had set up times to schedule conversations. They would send me lists of questions that I would answer prior to our meetings, and it worked out very well. I had a positive experience with Yalantis. I think my project has the potential to be something special that people will use on a large scale.

Is there anything Yalantis could have improved or done differently?

Nothing comes to mind. In the beginning, they assigned me a designer but, then, they changed, which was not a big deal because nothing was done yet. I was trying to get to know the designer, and then they switched him. That was the only negative, but it turned out to be positive because the woman I worked with was amazing.

Overall Score I had a positive experience with them. I couldn't afford for it to go bad.
    I was giving suggestions and they would let me know that it would be outside my budget. They were extremely cost-conscious, and they did everything they could to stay within that budget.
    They do great work and they have a referral bonus. Overall, they're great to work with.

Mobile Application Development for Social Business Training

"Yalantis worked with our company as partners instead of just simply being an outsourced vendor."

Mar. 2015 - Ongoing

Yalantis has designed and built an iOS mobile app that serves as a social business training marketplace. They immediately demonstrated a willingness to invest time and effort in the project.

New York City, New York
Founder, Mobile Application Startup

Although the app has not yet gone to market, it has received positive reviews in functionality, design, and capabilities. Yalantis has been very involved throughout the project, providing user insight and offering suggestions on process improvements.

Our organization is a mobile application that serves as a social business training marketplace.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Yalantis?

They built the application on iOS that we intend to use as the core of our business.

We defined how we envisioned the platform, and then collaborated with Yalantis to have them design and build the application.

How did you come to work with Yalantis?

We were impressed by the prior projects they had as samples and how they were able to talk through them. Everything on Yalantis's website was extremely user-friendly. Most importantly, they addressed all of my questions. Deciding to build a piece of technology with a third party is a very risky project. You have to rely on them very heavily in your future business. The way they addressed all of my questions, regardless of what they were, was very reassuring. That was ultimately the deciding factor, given the time and effort, Yalantis showed they were willing to invest.

The project cost between $50,000 and $200,000.

The status of the project is ongoing. We built the application in stages and started work in March 2015.

Unfortunately, it is too early to share any statistics or metrics. We worked with Yalantis to build the application, and I think that it was done beautifully. We're working with a small group of people, but the application has not gone to market. As far as their performance, it was first rate and a 100 percent fit to what we believe clients look for. People that we have had use the application are definitely pleased with its functionality and the way it looks and what it does. However, there are always things to improve. This is not only my opinion, but the opinion of people we recruited to test out the application.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

Yalantis worked with our company as partners instead of just simply being an outsourced vendor. There are many companies that are concerned about their billable hours and the segments of project that they complete. These guys are far more involved in the overall. They give the user insight into how things could be done better. I'm pretty sure there are third-party developers out there who would just follow along with the client's initial specifications without any suggestion on how the process could have been better.

Is there anything Yalantis could have improved or done differently?

Some things are an inevitable part of the process. When you're building an application, you run into many unexpected issues in the sense that you build things that end up not being used. This is not because it is not needed, but because the market shows that some features are unnecessary. At the same time, I felt the delays that we experienced or the wrinkles in the process sometimes could have been handled more quickly on their end. That being said, I think many of the delays were caused on my end. Overall, communication with small details could be improved.

I think the team is exceptional even though they're based in the Ukraine. They are completely professional, on time, responsive, and communicate in English, which can be something that prevents people from working with Eastern European companies.

Mobile Development for Dating App Startup

"They were able to help in other ways besides just development."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Yalantis completed the design and development of a social dating app, finalizing the prototype to an iOS and Android product. They had experience in creating dating apps and were small-business friendly.

Washington, D.C.
Scott Kutler
Founder, BroTech, LLC

The app is in both the App Store and Google Play with 150,000 downloads and about 50,000 monthly users. Despite a 9-hour time difference and exceeding the initial proposal, Yalantis has gone above and beyond in professionalism and marketing guidance.

I am the founder of BroTech LLC. The application we had developed is called the Bro App. We're a mobile development company and currently our only application is the Bro App. It is a social app for men for friendship or dating.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Yalantis?

I came to Yalantis with a prototype and design for my application. Despite looking locally, I could not find a company in D.C. that could develop it. They helped finish the design and developed it into an iOS and Android product.

I was trying to have the Bro App come out from prototype to development so that it would appear in the App Store.

How did you come to work with Yalantis?

I looked in the United States and abroad on Elance [now Upwork]. I found them via a blog that I think was called Entourage, and they had information about creating a dating app. I saw they had experience with that. Much of the work that they did was very professional. I found many of the companies locally weren't willing to help with the development of the application unless I was willing to pay upward of $500,000 or more. They weren't small business-friendly. I came to Yalantis with an $80,000 to $100,000 proposal. I think the total cost has surpassed that now, but that's what the original proposal was.

I have spent between $150,000 and $200,000 on this project with Yalantis.

We started in October 2015 and we launched in January [2016]. I am still working with them.

We currently have a version of the application on the iTunes App Store as well on Google Play. We've had 150,000 downloads as of today [August 2016] on both stores. We have 45,000 to 50,000 monthly active users.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

They were willing to help every step of the way. I'm a one-man team and they went above and beyond. They helped with marketing and offered support in things I may not have known. This is the first app I developed. They were able to help in other ways besides just development. They've been very flexible with payments. Everyone has been professional.

Is there anything Yalantis could have improved or done differently?

Yalantis can't help it, but they're in Ukraine, so the time they work - they start at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. D.C. time where I am. It's hard to communicate sometimes. When things go wrong they're available. But, it makes it difficult to help with the morning meetings. I think that they could schedule the meetings we have later in the day. The chat integration we used was called Layer. They're based out of California, so they're nine hours ahead of Yalantis. It is hard to find a time that works for both companies, I think to compensate Yalantis had someone stay late.

Android App Development for Accent Coach App

"Yalantis was very quick to respond to any questions we had."

Yalantis developed the Android version of an existing iOS app that provides actors and other performers with voice and accent coaching.

London, UK
Richard Ryder
Director, Accent App Startup

Yalantis delivered a high-quality, professional app, and they did it respectfully and responsively. There was no criticism to report.

Please briefly describe what your company does and the role that you play there?

The Big Gob Squad is a company of voice and accent coaches for theatre, film and TV. There are three of us coaches and we are all involved as Directors of the company.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Yalantis?

We created an app for iOS and needed an Android version. The London-based company we were working with prior to Yalantis was very busy and unable to develop the next platform for us. We found Yalantis after a lot of research.

Can you tell me about the scope of the project, what were the exact services or methodologies Yalantis provided/implemented?

We brought on Yalantis to develop the Android version of a product we had already created. Their objective was to copy the original for android.

Can you give us a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms?

We had all our payments made in British Pound [GBP]. The cost for developing the Android version plus the first uploads of in-app purchases for both Android and iOS were just under £10,000 (approximately $15,000). We are continuing to spend more with Yalantis as this is an ongoing project for the Acting community. We will continue to upload files regularly to our app and we are happy to have Yalantis on board to continue to help us.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies that you may have worked with?

Yalantis was very quick to respond to any questions we had. They treated us with respect and emails were properly addressed. Responsive communication was the thing that they did brilliantly on top of the actual development work, of course.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve upon or that you would have them do differently?

iPad Application Development for the Lumber Industry

"Yalantis is very easy to work with...They always had a certain eagerness in wanting to do a good job."

Yalantis designed and developed in iOS app that used a photogrammetric algorithm to measure the volume of stacked logs for the lumber industry. The measurements are then uploaded to the server.

Alaska
Matt Nolan
Entrepreneur, Lumber Industry

The team at Yalantis developed rapport in their communications; they were eager and accommodating at all times.  Although the 12-hour time difference was an annoyance, Yalantis was always committed to delivering quality work. They resolved any issues immediately.

I have a very small company. It’s a limited liability company [LLC] that develops tools to help the timber industry in various ways.

It’s basically just me. I am the owner.

I wanted a tool that would bring the timber industry into the 21st century

In this instance, I needed to create an app that could use a photogrammetric algorithm to measure the volume of stacked logs. With the app you would be able to basically walk around take pictures and analyze photos to turn it into a measured volume. That measurement would then be uploaded to a server to speed up the process of measuring the wood. This app is only available for iPad.

How did you come to work with Yalantis?

I interviewed maybe half a dozen places. It came down to Yalantis and one other company. A big part of the decision was cost. Yalantis had a lower cost than most everyone else but they were also very willing to accommodate my budget. A big part of it was the rapport as well. They were eager and friendly and they were very up front in communicating that what I wanted was not something they had done before. They were willing to do some exploratory work to get up to speed without charging me so that they could have the skills ready to go for the project itself. I think a combination of those things was what caused me to choose them.

This project was worth between $10,000 to $50,000.

We have developed a prototype that we could share with people in the industry and get their feedback. The prototype is pretty robust and it demonstrated the full workflow. There are a number of buttons that don’t have functionality yet, but that is only a question of money to have them implemented.

The industry feedback so far has been very positive. It will be a slow process to increase adapters. The industry has been measuring the volume of wood with a tape measure and archaic calculations for decades.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

Yalantis is very easy to work with. They never gave me any reason not to like them. They always had a certain eagerness in wanting to do a good job and continue the relationship. We had a couple of stumbling points, but we were able to move through those without any problems and found solutions that worked for both of us.

Is there anything Yalantis could have improved or done differently?

The only slight complication was that they’re located in the Ukraine and I am in Alaska. We have almost a 12 hour time difference. For communication, one of us had to be up at midnight to talk. There were times when things could have moved a little more quickly, but that’s not their fault. They were very accommodating.

That’s just because of the time zone.

Logistics App Development for Moving Company

"It was very easy for them to move forward without needing additional assistance or guidance."

First contacted to determine the viability of a logistics app, Yalantis went on to develop the product itself.

Boston Metro Area
Jean Brillant
Founder, Brilliant Move

Yalantis was such an organized provider that they were often the ones urging the project along. The team was capable of working independently to meet the stated project goals. There was no criticism to report; the relationship will continue.

My company, Brilliant Move, is developing a logistics based app meant to help ease the moving process.

I’m the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Yalantis?

The first time I contacted Yalantis, it was to get a scope of whether the project was feasible or not. Their honest opinion was the first thing I wanted to get from them. Once we got past feasibility, we approached how to go about accomplishing the project. Yalantis was more than capable of providing the guidance and leadership we needed to have someone take over the project management of the application.

Yalantis provided mainly app development and not so much on strategy. The strategy, I feel is something we came up with on our own.

How did you come to work with Yalantis?

I found Yalantis online and it was through a blog of theirs that I read that persuaded me to contact them. They were familiar with apps similar to Uber and that prompted me to contact them.

The complete project cost between $50,000 and $200,000.

I will say that a development partnership is very successful when the majority of the delays are because of the owner and not because of the development shop. The majority of the times, they had to wait a lot for me to respond back to inquiries they had.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

Yalantis works with minimal guidance and once I gave them the objective, it was very easy for them to move forward without needing additional assistance or guidance.

Is there anything Yalantis could have improved or done differently?

I can’t say that anything in particular stood out to me that I would like to see them do differently.  I think it was a great partnership with a great outcome. I do look forward to continuing to work with them.

Overall Score There was a time difference, but I found their response rate was very good. That was one of my main concerns at first...That proved to be a non-factor. I was very impressed with that.
    They went above and beyond. Most of the delays came from my end.
    We came in under estimates.

Application Development for Digital Keepsake App

"Yalantis' friendliness and willingness to get involved in the idea development make them unique."

Yalantis provided ideation, UI/UX design, and development for an app that preserves digital keepsakes securely. The team also submitted the app to the app stores.

Oslo, Norway
Erling Storvik
Owner. Graphic Design Services Firm

Yalantis was an engaged and committed partner. They were happy to solve problems as they cropped up, and they communicated efficiently. Although a change in staff midway through the project posed a project management challenge, the dynamic nature of the collaboration allowed it to be smoothed over.

Please describe your company.

My company provides graphic design services. During the last five years, I have been working on a side project called "Keep It Forever." Originally, it was an Internet service to keep valuable SMS [short message service] and MMS [multimedia message service] forever. Lately, the service has evolved into an iOS app to keep photos and digital keepsakes forever.

What role do you play there?

I am the owner of the company and the only employee.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Yalantis?

Yalantis was brought in to build the "Keep It Forever" app and to develop all aspects of the services we wanted to offer through the app.

Yalantis became a partner in developing the idea, interface design, and back-end and front-end development of the app. Yalantis was involved in the process of submitting the application to the app stores.

Up to this point [October 2015], the app development has amounted to approximately $50,000-plus.

What distinguishes Yalantis from other providers?

Yalantis' friendliness and willingness to get involved in the idea development make them unique. They were good at finding ways to solve the challenges that showed up. Their work is outstanding and has been a great contribution. I went to visit Yalantis in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine, at the start of the project, and the two days of working together, face-to-face, had a very positive impact on the project.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

Looking back, there is room for improvement around project management, on my behalf as well as theirs. I could have better prepared the design and the desired functionalities before we started the project. Then again, this became a dynamic process that, in my opinion, led to a better product. The project has been handled by two different project managers and briefly a third one in between the two. A big improvement would have been to work with the same person all the way through.

Application Development for Zillow.com

"I appreciated Yalantis’s account management and their willingness to work with us and make sure that we’re happy."

Yalantis provides development and support for an app that connected users with potential homes for rent or sale, tailored to the New York City market. Their work is ongoing.

New York City Metro Area
Justin Metzler
Product Manager, Zillow.com

Although their English wasn’t perfect, Yalantis was notable for the quality of their account management.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I work for Zillow. I lead mobile product management for the team. I work on our StreetEasy.com brand in New York City. We do what Zillow does, but specifically for the New York City market.

What was your goal for working with Yalantis?

We needed additional mobile application development support.

The scope of Yalantis’s work was strictly mobile app development.

What was your process for selecting Yalantis with which to work?

I was not here for Yalantis’s onboarding, but the selection of Yalantis was due to our general manager's relationship with Yalantis in his role at his previous company.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

I’m unsure of the specific amount, but believe it to be a significant figure. The relationship has continued since our general manager’s company was acquired by Zillow.

Is there anything unique or special about Yalantis that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

I will say I appreciated Yalantis’s account management and their willingness to work with us and make sure that we’re happy.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

I recommend all future clients to set expectations up front.

I think Yalantis can continue to help their teams become more fluent in English. I recognize that’s a tough challenge, but I think that would help improve an already good relationship.

Application Development for Nonprofit Organization

"Their pace of development was faster than we anticipated."

Yalantis developed an iOS and Android app with a searchable database of over 22,000 fallen law enforcement officers. Other features included push notifications, in-app purchases, and GPS-based information.

Washington, DC
Chris Cosgriff
Executive Director, Officer Down Memorial Page

Yalantis was chosen for their superior portfolio and relative affordability. They were so timely that it was a challenge to keep up with them. They came in under the budget.

I am the executive director at the Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc. We use our company’s website to remember recently fallen law enforcement heroes.

Can you tell me about the scope of the iOS and Android development, what were the key features you were looking for Yalantis to provide?

The scope of this project was to make a mobile app version of our website, which provides information on more than 22,000 law enforcement officers who have been killed in the line of duty. Key features included push notifications, in-app purchases, location services, such as showing nearby deaths based on where the user is located, real-time graphs, and charts. We also wanted the capability to search and display memorials on all 22,000-plus officers.

Can you give us a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

Our total budget for both versions – Android and iOS – of the app was $35,000. Yalantis came in just under budget on the initial release.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

Our primary reason with working with Yalantis was their performance history. They weren't the cheapest we evaluated, but their pricing was extremely competitive with just about everyone we interviewed. However, we felt Yalantis had a far more superior portfolio than any of the other companies we looked at.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve upon or that you would do differently?

Not on their end. Their pace of development was faster than we anticipated, so we often fell behind on our side making changes to our API [application programming interface].

Long Term iOS Development Partnership

"I keep waiting for something bad to happen, and it just doesn’t."

Yalantis provides iOS development support for a product dealing with predictive analytics. The relationship is ongoing, as Yalantis is viewed as an equal in the development process.

San Francisco, CA
Mike Mack
CEO, Fract

Yalantis earned a high degree of trust by providing daily updates on their accomplishments and next tasks. The team is willing to say no when they don't think something is right. They are self-directed and capable of solving issues on their own.

Please describe your company. What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CEO of Fract. We do predictive analytics and spatial analysis.

What was your goal for working with Yalantis?

I am a senior iOS developer, as is my co-founder. Our challenge was to find other iOS developers that could deliver the quality of work that we are accustomed to.

We brought on Yalantis to help support our iOS development.

What was your process for selecting Yalantis with which to work?

My co-founder had a previous relationship with Yalantis.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

We keep using Yalantis because they keep delivering great stuff for us. Every morning we see an email with details on what they worked on that day, and what they plan to work on the next day. It’s super easy, and we don’t have to have a ton of scheduled meetings.

Out of all the development teams we’ve tried, Yalantis has an ability to say no, which is huge. Their communication is great. They’re very clear and precise in their written communications. They have the ability to be self-steering, and they have problem solving skills. It’s almost like they’re here.

I keep waiting for something bad to happen, and it just doesn’t. We asked one of their developers to refactor his code, and the guy was like magic. They beat me for iOS development, and I think I’m pretty good. Although the eight-hour time difference can be a challenge, they handle it very well. Maybe if they got someone in town here, it might help them for sales’ purposes.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Don’t do fixed bid. We have found hourly works amazing because it changes too quickly. Know your story, break it down, and tell them exactly what you need.

They hit it right on the button. It’s amazing.
    Although they’re more expensive than some other developers, they get things done three times as fast.