Creative Content Marketing Agency

Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital marketing agency with content at our core. We fuse brand strategy, content development and inbound marketing to craft high-impact brands. With a client-first mindset and boundless creativity, our goal is to build—and then execute—the best digital communication strategy, creating beauty our clients can see and results our clients can measure.

Chicago, IL
  • 216 S Jefferson Suite 200
    Chicago, IL 60661

American Migraine Foundation, American Headache Society, Anselmo Lindberg & Associates, Ashland Breast Pumps, Global Patient Advocacy Coalition, Graymont Medical, The Lactation Network, Lake Effect Medical, NCSA, Reigning Champs, Windy City Nanny, World Federation of Neurology

Picture Your Life Without Migraine

The American Migraine Foundation reached out to Yakkety Yak to help them develop a digital marketing campaign, conduct a website redesign, and establish a branding strategy. The goal was to use this new multimedia content to drive traffic to the AMF's website and social media pages, in order to raise awareness around migraines. As a result of this project, the AMF's website now has 500,000 unique monthly visitors, and over

100,000 Facebook followers.

Digital Marketing & Branding Strategy for Law Firm

"The knowledge of the process and focused attention that they provide to our company set them apart."

June 2014 - Ongoing

Yakkety Yak Marketing developed a digital marketing strategy for a legal firm. This includes branding, website design, digital outreach, marketing programs, and SEO.

Naperville, Illinois
Michael Anselmo
Attorney, Anselmo Lindberg & Associates LLC

The engagement has led to a dramatic increase in outreach, particularly on social media. Yakkety Yak Marketing established a seamless workflow that fits the needs of the client. The team is knowledgeable and attentive.

I am an attorney at a law firm with over 120 employees. Our reach is both local and national with respect to the different types of law that we practice.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

Our overall comprehensive digital marketing and branding strategy.

We wanted to not only expand our outreach in our highest volume target area, but also the immediate surrounding areas. As there is a gap between transactions with the majority of my clients, the goal was to keep my firm name on their mind.

We researched and interviewed several vendors. Yakkety Yak was the most responsive at that time, and that immediate attention has proven to be true to their culture throughout our experience.

After meeting with the team, we were given a plan to approve. We are consistently given a marketing calendar and content to approve beforehand. Items include branding, website design, digital outreach, marketing programs, and help with SEO.

I have worked closely with the owner and several members of the team. I have no preference as to who I work with, as each individual is incredibly competent.

We have experienced a dramatic increase in outreach in all areas, but particularly with respect to social media.

Incredibly seamless, which is incredibly important for my needs.

I have referred Yakkety Yak to several friends and colleagues.

Marketing & Web Design for Medical Manufacturing Company

"Their brand development is impressive."

Yakkety Yak Marketing consults on digital marketing efforts including social media, advertising campaigns, and blog content. They've also designed a website and offered insight into brand development.

Chicago Metro Area
Operations Manager, Medical Company

Internal stakeholders are impressed with the vendor's thoughtful approach to logo design. While there have been errors in some of their deliveries, Yakkety Yak Marketing has invested effort in enhancing their communication and organization methods.

I am the operations manager for a medical manufacturing company. I oversee daily operations and identify the needs of a growing company including P&L, brand communications, product development and customer relations.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We hired YY for the following: website design SEO and digital marketing marketing literature

We want to innovate the market place and develop brand awareness with digital marketing, as well as enhance the consumers' experience from our website with resources and easy check out.

Parent company, Graymont Medical has partnered with YY across all aspects of the business - it was a natural fit to partner with YY for the development of our new business, Lake Effect.

They have planned out digital marketing, including social media, ad campaigns on LinkedIn, blog content, etc. YY designed our website and directed us in brand development.

I have worked with various team members from YY, including Ashley, Andi, Kate, and recent team members Sarah and Maribel.

We are in the early stages of our project and haven't implemented metrics to equate progress or success as a result of our ongoing projects.

Efforts have been made to streamline communication and keep the team organized and on task. We originally communicated via email, which was not productive for our team and was difficult to meet our deliverables, as well as, track projects and forecasted timelines. The solution was a working Google Doc which is proving to be a successful team collaboration tool.

Their brand development is impressive. I was very impressed with the design of our logo and the story that it tells.

YY is actively improving our method of communication.

Pro bono Media Consulting for Workforce Development Nonprofit

"Yakkety Yak is beyond just another digital agency, they are a real partner and friend."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Yakkety Yak Marketing provided pro bono consulting services in the areas of social media strategy, SEO best practices, and Google Ads.

Mark Toriski
Marketing and Communications Manager, Cara Chicago

Yakkety Yak Marketing's efforts were met with positive acclaim. The team directly contributed towards strengthening their clients' company, fostering a spirit of community, and setting clear benchmarks for success.

Cara is a workforce development agency that helps people affected by poverty get back to work through our personal and professional skills training, access to employment partners, and our career retention coaching. In my position, I oversee the marketing and communications strategy of the entire Cara enterprise - including the 501c3 nonprofit and two social enterprises we own and operate.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We partnered with Yakkety Yak after submitting for their Yakkety Yak Gives Back initiative - where they offer a nonprofit a suite of digital marketing services. While we were not the recipient of that year's offering, the Yakkety Yak team were moved by the work of Cara to work with us pro bono on digital content and an SEO strategy, among other services.

The initial goals were to continue developing Cara's digital presence and identify opportunities for support from the Yakkety Yak team.

We applied for services with Yakkety Yak through the Yakkety Yak Gives Back program.

- Strategize year-long content for Cara's media (blogs, social media, etc.) - Develop monthly content calendars for social media - Consulted on Google Ad Grants including initial set up and best practices for building campaigns. - Consulted on SEO best practices

I have had the pleasure of working with their entire team and utilizing each person's diverse skill-set.

As we enter year 2 of this relationship, we have become leaner and meaner in our digital strategy and have begun putting building blocks in place for the next phase as we develop targeted campaigns and revamp our web presence.

Very effective. Everyone came to meetings with clear expectations and desired outcomes and were open to feedback and limitations on our end.

I love their commitment to excellence and their spirit of community. Yakkety Yak is beyond just another digital agency, they are a real partner and friend.

Not yet. :)

Overall Score A fantastic group of experts who are ready to work for you.

Website Redesign for Girls Sports Nonprofit

"Their ideas for simplifying communication about our programs were definitely the most impressive."

Oct. 2018 - Sept. 2019

Yakkety Yak Marketing performed a complete page-by-page redesign of the website of a girls sports nonprofit focused on increasing readability, mobile-friendliness, and the prominence of calls-to-action.

Jess Larson
Development and Communications Manager, Girls in the Game

The new website has received positive feedback from users and stakeholders alike on its sleek, well-organized layout and aesthetic. The Yakkety Yak Marketing team struck an effective balance between listening to and pushing the comfort zone of their client.

I am a Development Manager with Girls in the Game, a sports, health and leadership nonprofit in Chicago.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We participated in their Yakkety Yak Gives Back program to dig into social media. The project evolved into a website redesign project.

We wanted to increase the mobile-friendliness of our website, and simplify/cut a lot of the content. We wanted the website to be more visually appealing and easier to manage on the back end. We anticipated having more visitors to our website, as well as increasing the clicks on donations, volunteering, requests for information, etc.

We were referred to the Yakkety Yak Gives Back program by a few different people familiar with it.

The website redesign consisted of an entire, top to bottom, redesign of each page. We worked with the designers to simplify how we were communicating information, to cut information that wasn't relevant and to increase the prominence of actions we wanted people to take on the website (donate, learn more, volunteer).

My role in the project was to give feedback from Girls in the Game's perspective both as someone who interacts with donors and as someone who has managed the website in the past. We provided pictures, program information and write-ups and gave feedback on what pages were really important, and what pages could probably go.

Yakkety Yak was responsible for designing the website based upon the information and pictures, brand guidelines, etc. They built the wireframes and incorporated our feedback into the design.

On Girls in the Game's side, the main team consisted of myself and another coworker, Mallory Bilski, with feedback from our supervisor, Dawn Kobel. The Yakkety Yak team consisted of several people who came in and out of the project, however, our main contact was Andi Summers. Yakkety Yak also collaborated with an outside vendor for part of the design.

We've received lots of positive feedback from staff and current donors on the website. The simplified design and layout is very easy to work with, and has kept us from adding too many things to the site. From a development point of view, the back end of the site has been extremely easy to update and work with.

It's still a little early for traffic results overall, but we've gotten a big uptick in responses to the contact forms on the site, which has been very helpful as we head into a new school year. And visually, the site is a huge improvement. It highlights our programs, looks clean and sleek and responds well on mobile.

Andi did a great job of incorporating feedback and responding to questions, especially as we neared the end of the project and launched the website. We asked a LOT of questions, and she was always quick to respond and clear and precise in her answers.

Their ideas for simplifying communication about our programs were definitely the most impressive. It was great to get an outside view on what we should be communicating and how.

Obviously the website looks amazing, but the design will keep it from getting too crowded or or overloaded with information moving forward. They did a great job of listening to our concerns but also pushing us when we were stuck in a rut in our thinking of how the website should look.

I think clearer expectations of what kind of nonprofit partner they were looking for in the Yakkety Yak Gives Back program would be great for starting out on a stronger foot.

We already had established brand guidelines, etc., so maybe adding some questions to the application about where the nonprofit is from a branding & marketing standpoint would be helpful for the start of their next partnership.

Andi was very easy to communicate with
    Thank you for letting us take part of your Gives Back program!
    Website is gorgeous :) And super easy to use on the back end

Web Design for PR Company

"They took their time, and addressed every comment, observation and constructive criticism that I provided."

June - Aug. 2019

Yakkety Yak Marketing helped revamp a PR company’s brand by redesigning their website. Proposing a number of designs, colors, icons, and web navigation options, they ensured the client was satisfied.

Michelle Damico
CEO, Michelle Damico Communications

Now that the website is easy to navigate and update, there has been a steady growth in traffic. Creative, fun, and kind the Yakkety Yak Marketing team was committed to customer service and easy to work with.

Michelle Damico Communications is a 10-year old public relations firm in Chicago. We serve B2B and B2C companies and organizations. Our clients work in logistics, supply chain, technology, real estate, professional services, restaurants and hospitality, and the nonprofit sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We hired Yakkety Yak to rebrand my company and to revamp www.michelledamico.com -- the first place prospects go to learn about my services.

I hired Yakkety Yak to give my brand a fresh look and convey the personal touch and superior level of customer we provide to every client. I also hired Yakkety Yak to improve my website by matching the brand look and feel and also by reflecting on my brand promise.

I have seen their work and I have witnessed what Yakkety Yak has done for other clients.

1. Discovery meetings to identify my brand characteristics and promise.
  2. Yakkety Yak than provided me with a variety of brand concepts.
  3. I reviewed a number of designs, and the one that resonated most was to use my signature as a major brand element. I would have never thought of this on my own.
  4. After agreeing on that branding element, Yakkety Yak's team presented me with options on color palate and the various icons and brand options to display my brand in print, online and on social platforms.
  5. After the branding project was completed, Yakkety Yak built the frame of my web site.
  6. After agreeing on a web navigation, Yakkety Yak's writers digested all the information they learned about me and then wrote copy based on my business model, value proposition, successes, team composition, as well as my approach to my work and clients.
  7. Every step of the way, Yakkety Yak's team made sure that I was fully satisfied. They took their time, and addressed every comment, observation and constructive criticism that I provided.

I worked with Andi and Ashley. Andi was my project manager, and oversaw the writer, designer and the web builder. It was simple and pleasant to work with every member of the team.

In addition to getting excellent feedback on my new logo and brand elements, I have seen a steady growth in traffic to my web site. Month over monty, my web site traffic has increased by about 30%. And more importantly, my web site is easy to navigate and update on my own. Many of my clients have asked me about my web improvements and I gladly have referred them to Ashley and Andi.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire Yakkety Yak team. They deliver on time, under budget and as promised. Their level of professionalism made the entire project a very pleasant experience.

1. They are on top of the latest in design.
  2. They gave me so many options and were patient when I asked them to take new direction.
  3. The design and web site processes were easy to work with.
  4. They stayed on track and delivered when they said they would.
  5. They are creative, fun and kind.
  6. They are committed to creating an excellent customer service experience for their clients.

I have nothing to suggest. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the team.

Overall Score They are consummate marketing pros
    Easy to work with. Dependable.
    High quality work at a fair price
    Excellent quality and professionalism
    Full confidence in referring the agency.

Content Creation and Web Design for Medical Research Group

“I appreciate the comfort they bring to brainstorming.”

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

Yakkety Yak Marketing built educational infographics for a medical research and advocacy group. In addition to their print work, they’ve recently started the discovery phase for a website redesign.

Mount Royal, New Jersey
Research Administrator, Medical Research Group

The team’s iterative process yielded informative, engaging material that impressed the internal team. Their quick, effective communication skills aided them in turning around the print materials efficiently. They accepted feedback enthusiastically, which was reflected in their project edits.

I’m the research administrator for a large medical research organization. We’re a nonprofit that focuses on advocacy and research. I run the research portion of our efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yakkety Yak Marketing?

Our main goal was to set up a website with content that could be updated periodically. We wanted our content to include infographics and other types of print material for our patients.

Their team has been working with our organization for years and just started a web site build for the American portion of our company. We just had our kickoff call last week. Soon we’ll be laying out timelines and projections for the site build. So far, there haven’t been many tangible outputs from them. However, when the site is complete, it will contain information on the registry’s purpose, our scientific review, and publications translated into layman’s terms.

Additionally, they helped us put together enrollment infographics. In that effort, I provided them with the information that I wanted to be included in the graphic. Then, they returned to me with several mock design options. We went through a few rounds of design edits, and now we’re ready to mail them out to our patients.

There were two product managers, one who ran point on communication. The other manger is Yakkety Yak Marketing’s founder, who is heavily involved. We also have two of their team members working on the tech side of the development.

How did you come to work with Yakkety Yak Marketing?

Their team has been working with our executive director on content and social media for years. They were a natural choice for us because they understood our organization from their past work. We didn’t have to shop around.

The project began in October 2019 and is ongoing.

They showed great attention to detail, delivering a beautiful, excellent final product. The print products demand a quick turnaround time, and they made it happen, even going to the printing company with logistical information to ensure that the process went smoothly. We gave a lot of feedback on their work, and they didn’t flinch. They took it all in stride, helping them complete the edits quickly.

How did Yakkety Yak Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed tons of communication. I was always in the loop with updates on their progress. We’d hear from them at least once a week with a status check-in. They were effective project managers in keeping up with the tasks.

They’re very professional, offering high-quality deliverables. It’s helpful to have their down-to-earth energy present during brainstorming sessions. I appreciate the comfort they bring to brainstorming.

I haven’t had anything come up because they’re wonderful to work with. I’m always happy to give constructive criticism, but I really don’t have any.

Be open, honest, and transparent with your communication. That’ll benefit you for any project.

I highly recommend them.

Content Creation & Advertising for Nonprofit

"The level of skill and effort they bring demonstrates how much they prioritize our mission and community."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Yakkety Yak Marketing supplies a range of services to support a nonprofit’s initiatives. They work on content generation and strategy, managing social media accounts, creating messaging and producing videos.

New Jersey
Executive Director, Nonprofit

The support continues to yield great results for the nonprofit, boasting an earned 600,000 monthly visitors to their site and thousands of Facebook group members. The Yakkety Yak Marketing team has been a valuable, committed partner, bringing a variety of skills and insights to the project.

I’m the executive director of a non-profit organization. We are a public-facing organization serving millions of patients within the US. Our strategic initiatives are education, advocacy, awareness, and research for two of our main programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Yakkety Yak Marketing?

I wasn’t a part of the organization when Yakkety Yak Marketing was hired, but we were struggling to run national campaigns and manage our digital marketing presence. Their team was brought on to focus on these efforts and deliver on our key goals.

Yakkety Yak Marketing is essentially the creative driver that helps us develop creative ads and language for our campaigns. We rely on them for content generation and strategy. They help us with creating our messaging and content, understanding our population, and performing A/B testing on our ads. They also manage our newsletters, compiling the content for them. Their team also manages our database of contacts to better drive inbound marketing efforts. Our content on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and, most recently, Reddit, is handled end-to-end by Yakkety Yak Marketing. They also manage our paid ads efforts on Google and Facebook, tracking the analytics and making modifications as needed.

For all of these efforts, their team engages with key stakeholders and experts within the society to deliver a clinical perspective that resonates. They work with content experts to ensure the content is patient-focused and at the right literacy level for our community. They also manage our video output. We do yearly videos along with patient testimonials. For Facebook Live events, they'll do speaker outreach and manage the logistics for us, as well.

They have a large team, but I mostly work with 2–3 people regularly. The VP of accounts and the CEO work hand-in-hand with our experts and leadership. I’m in continuous contact with the VP of accounts and the content developer.

How did you come to work with Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We came across Yakkety Yak Marketing through word of mouth. When our ROI with a previous agency wasn’t meeting our expectations, we decided to re-examine our approach and try to form a robust campaign. We felt Yakkety Yak Marketing was a great fit because they had a strong proposal, outlined a strategy, and wanted to make this an evergreen campaign.

On an annual basis, the cost fluctuates from $450,000–$750,000 depending on our needs. We’ve been trying to find a balance between leveraging Yakkety Yak Marketing along with our internal expertise.

We began working together in February 2017 and it is an ongoing engagement.

Month-over-month, we’re seeing an average of 600,000 visitors to our site, which is a huge success for us. Since we’re a nonprofit, our biggest measure of impact is through our reach, so we continually report on that. We also measure our impact through the size of our Facebook groups. One, a private community for our patients, has grown to over 22,000 members and the second, our public educational page, has surpassed 100,000 members.

How did Yakkety Yak Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Once our teams acclimated after my predecessor left, everything now flows very smoothly. We’ve established a great understanding between our teams and we know how to set priorities for both our foundation and for them. Our communication is very efficient—I know my emails won’t slip through the cracks. They execute very well on project timelines. It’s great to see them adjust and listen to our needs to help us execute on our goals.

They offer a boutique-style experience so we always know who we’re working with. Not only do they bring their own expertise to the project, but they’re willing to brainstorm even further with their whole staff. The level of skill and effort they bring demonstrates how much they prioritize our mission and community. They have a great strategic vision that shows in their work.

It’d likely benefit their internal team if they added a few more resources to avoid feeling limited or stretched thin. They’re efficient, but as they continue to expand this could be helpful.

Be very upfront about your expectations and what you want to see come out of your project. Give them the ability to be creative while still leveraging their expertise and technical skills. Especially in the nonprofit space, those skills make the ROI exponential.

Site Redesign for Management Group

"We were treated like we were their biggest and most important clients all of the time."

Apr. - Aug. 2019

Yakkety Yak Marketing rebuilt a WordPress website, developed new features, and migrated a blog in the process. They optimized HubSpot functionality as well.

Mount Royal, Canada
Joseph Sapp, CAE
Chief Operating Officer, Talley Management Group

Stakeholders believe the web designs reflect their brand well. Site engagement has increased significantly since the launch, and it has received positive feedback from external stakeholders. Yakkety Yak Marketing is a patient, highly collaborative team.

TMG is an association management company, providing management services to over 26 different non-profit associations. Our 60+ staff work with a variety of associations serving individual members and companies. My role here is the Chief Operating Officer - overseeing our main service divisions and our marketing team.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We hired Yakkety Yak to redevelop our WordPress website, migrate our blog back into WordPress and optimize HubSpot.

To refresh our site and add new features that highlight our experience, team, and content. To Improve the functionality between our site and HubSpot.

Yakkety Yak has performed work for several of our clients in the past. We did a review and interview of several firms, including our previous vendor to determine the best fit. Yakkety Yak understood our business model and team the best, which was a major factor in selecting them.

It was an important distinction - Yakkety Yak nows our client, but they went farther to understand how we work with them, how we seek new clients and our business model.

The major piece of this project was to redesign our WordPress site. We held several calls with Yakkety Yak to talk about our company and our teams. We also provided examples of things we liked about other websites and messaging campaigns, including features we wanted in the new site.

Yakkety Yak was able to distill that down and show they absorbed what we wanted and needed. That led to them providing some initial designs in flat files, wireframes and then a development site.

Each time something was delivered they took time as a team to talk through each detail - why they did this, what it meant and if it impacted something else on the project. My role was to provide our vision for the project and ultimate sign off on the project.

Yakkety Yak had a big team involved that was consistent throughout. That included the President of the Company (Ashley). Andi was or project manager. There were several involved in the design and UI as well. Their team interfaced with me and our Marketing Manager.

Qualitatively, we have heard overwhelming excitement about the new website from clients and staff. Our key metrics for tracking site analytics have all doubled since launch. The response from our team has been that the site represents the company well and showcases our team well.

It was great. Andi was the "hub" of information that kept us updated and things moving forward. It was pretty clear that we were on track, even though our team often lagged on getting information over to Yakkety Yak.

Engagement at all levels. We were treated like we were their biggest and most important clients all of the time. They were patient and engaged in understanding us as well.

Perhaps a visual timeline to show us what steps were upcoming. We were a small team on our side with limited time. Sometimes we were just flat out behind because we could not keep pace or look at ahead well wnough.

Overall Score Professionals who do a great job. Plus the are friendly bunch.
    They were always on track and on time.
    We do not have a comparable, but they were immediately within our budget that we set before going out to bid.
    The quality surpassed our expectations.
    Already have.

Web Development for Medical Practice

"They had a specialist in every area we needed, so no one was just trying to scrape by."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Yakkety Yak Marketing developed a website for a medical practice. The team also provided branding and marketing services.

Chicago Metro Area
Managing Director, Medical Practice

The new website has garnered attention online. Yakkety Yak Marketing facilitates a smooth workflow by responding quickly to inquiries and communicating effectively. The team is knowledgeable and talented.

I am an administrator at the medical practice that hired Yakkety Yak Marketing.

For what projects/services did your company hire Yakkety Yak Marketing?

We chose Yakkety Yak to build a website and help with marketing and branding decisions, as well as put together the proper digital and physical presence.

Creating the proper branding, as well as the proper digital and physical presence.

We chose this vendor because they are well-known for their quality in the market, and we have been familiar with their work for a number of years.

Yakkety Yak created the medical practice's website from the ground up. They also created the logo, branding, communication strategy--everything we needed. For the project, Yakkety Yak involved the owner of the company, as well as two experts in the technology and a very knowledgeable and capable project manager.

The owner of the company was involved, as well as two experts in the technology and a marketer.

The website and branding itself is obvious evidence of the success. Their work has been garnering huge amounts of attention, and everyone that sees it asks who we had make it.

Excellent. They were incredibly responsive to all our questions and requests.

Their strength is the composition of their team, I think. They had a specialist in every area we needed, so no one was just trying to scrape by.

None that I have seen so far.

Overall Score Again, excellent.
    Excellent. They were basically on call, especially since our project was sudden and our timeline to go live was very short.
    Excellent. Competitive with market.
    Excellent. Just look at the website and branding. The quality speaks for itself.
    I already have referred Yakkety Yak to numerous potential customers.