The Brand Always Comes First!

Y5 Creative was started as a boutique marketing agency with a holistic offering by the founders of PacBlue Printing in Vancouver.

Taking the critical pieces of experience from building PacBlue to a multi-million dollar, 120 employee strong enterprise, Y5 Creative has taken the best practices of excellence for branding, brand strategizing, graphic design, print and digital marketing to develop a progressive company that delivers high-end digital and traditional outsourced marketing support and bespoke software development for our mid to large size clients. Based in core family values the company creates long-term relationships with each client and helps to consistently deliver thoughtful and effective, on-brand marketing campaigns.

After completing various Shopify websites, we have chosen to become a Shopify Partner and are on our way to qualifying as a Shopify Expert.

We work with people and businesses who are developing a new brand from scratch or need to refresh an existing brand by making it more relevant to the current market technology and communication trends. Contributing to the growth of a brand, and the success and profitability of our clients businesses, is our ultimate goal.  Y5 Creative clients are diverse small and medium sized businesses including Real Estate, Manufacturing, Engineering, Entertainment, Celebrities, Non Profits, Entrepeneurs and many more.

If you need some help with your branding and marketing both on and off-line give us a call to see what we can do for you.

We are proud of our business and challenge ourselves everyday to provide our client's with the most innovative and creative outside the box thinking. When you are doing what you love...the possibilities are endless.

• 4942 Fraser Street
    Vancouver, BC V5W 2Y8

Karina Le Blanc, Pacific Parklands Foundation, iS4, AllLabels, Forte Training, WBI Home Warranty, LlamaLink, Simply Computing, BC Women's Foundation, Love To Latitude, Cerescorp

Llamalink Logo Creation

Rebrand - Window Vinyl Image

Rebrand - Window Vinyl

Forte Training Website Image

Forte Training Website

Magnetic Wayfinding Signage for Cerescorp - Cruise Ship Terminal - Port of Vancouver Image

Karina LeBlanc Brand and Website Design and Development Image

Karina LeBlanc Brand and Website Design and Development

Branding, Digital Marketing & Web Dev for Creative Studio

"We were dropping the ball for many years before Y5 Creative came along."

July 2017 - Ongoing

A creative studio firm hired Y5 Creative for an updated website. The engagement turned into a rebranding project through the site, SEO, and marketing collateral. They also help with marketing strategy.

Vancouver, British Columbia
Matt Nest
President, Sombilon Studios

The team at Y5 Creative has become a trusted business relationship for the client. Their work led to an increase in revenue, social media followers, and engagement. Their organized approach makes them stand out from other providers. Customers can expect a team that truly cares about their business.

I’m the co-founder of Sombilon Studios. We’re a commercial photography, videography, and custom artwork firm. We have a full suite of creative services that we provide to multinational corporations, nonprofits, and celebrities. We’ve been in business for over 15 years and have 30 photographers that work in our offices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

When we approached Y5 Creative, we desperately needed one central website. We didn’t know at the time that we actually needed a whole rebrand.

So when we came to them first, it was for web development, and once we learned about what service offerings they had, we ended up running with them for a full repositioning of our brand and marketing strategy.

Starting with the website, we’re a full creative studio that offers a number of services that all interact. We ended up building different photo library websites for our clients, which is a useful service, but all of our sites went to different places, and nothing was uniform. It was problematic in the sense that people wouldn’t be able to see us as creators and hosts.

The team did intense research to figure out everything about what our target markets were, the verticals we were targeting, and where our industry tracks. That took about two years to build and launch. They did everything from scratch.

They were involved with SEO and completely overhauling our portfolio and messaging to our clients.

The team at Y5 Creative took a deep dive into our marketing strategies and developed an automated marketing education for us. They implemented a new CRM, automated marketing software, project management software. They also helped mine our emails to help with having proper newsletters and marketing communication.

For the rebrand, their team redid our logos, business cards, and other collateral. For the logo, they created a design that could feature our clients with their own colors and brand ambassadors.

Over the years, we worked with five people and one dog.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

We’d been burned a few times by other similar agencies, so we had our guard up. We couldn’t find somebody that could actually understand what we did. To be honest, I don’t know if we’re the easiest to work with because we’re continually evolving.

We were referred to them by a friend who had worked with them. We did make sure to do our due diligence with them, but it was a marriage made in heaven.

We’ve spent over $130,000.

We started working with them in July 2017.

We were dropping the ball for many years before Y5 Creative came along. We now consider them as part of our company. We also now outsource any branding work our clients need to them.

The team went into every aspect and area of our business to make sure our brand was well-represented. Our focus is always on the clients, which sustains our growth and business. The rebrand they did for us targeted that.

Their overhaul of our marketing strategy yielded a 20% increase in revenue per year. They’ve also increased our followers and engagement on social media. We’ve also received more leads through different sales avenues. Our brand is gaining momentum.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t rave about that enough. Some of our methods and programs that we were using were so insufficient in hindsight. They suggested other programs, like Monday.com and Slack, that were easier for project management. They made everything more organized for us.

Their company genuinely cares about their clients and their growth. They want to see you scale, and they’re never trying to upsell you.

We’ve made Y5 Creative part of our business because we trust them implicitly. We also refer them to anybody we come across. They’re a genuine, well-organized team.

I’d like to see them scale and grow. They have the capabilities to become a much bigger business.

Don’t make any assumptions coming in. They will complete this amazing discovery once you come in, and they’ll blow the doors off any expectations you had for the brand. I thought I was just coming in to get a website done but ended up restructuring my entire company and brand that I hadn’t planned to do.

Y5 Creative does a real deep dive into your industry. By the time you start working with them, they’ll intimately get to know your brand and needs.

Branding Services for Inn

"They are entrepreneurs who understand the needs involved in the journey from small to medium to large businesses."

Jan. - Mar. 2020

In order to create a new brand identity, an Inn partnered with Y5 Creative to provide their services. The goal was to craft an identity that shows the key appeals of the Inn and its surroundings.

Smith's Cove, Canada
Greg Metcalf
CEO, Harbourview Inn

Thanks to the efforts of the Y5 Creatives team, the company is getting a lot of positive feedback on its new identity. The new brand meets all of the company's expectations and requests for the project. The communication between the parties was good and effective.

A scenic Inn located in Nova Scotia. I am the owner

For what projects/services did your company hire Y5 Creative?

Development of a complete new brand identity

To create a recognizable brand identity that would work across all marketing and communication touch-points. We wanted to honor the history of the inn while bringing a more contemporary feel to the brand design.

We wanted an identity that suggested the key appeals of the Inn and its surrounds, namely the beautiful nature surrounding us and the Bay of Fundy waters for which the area is famous.

How did you select Y5 Creative?

I had worked with Y5 on other projects and respected their work and ethics.

I drafted a branding brief outlining my thoughts on the business and what it represented. We then began a discovery process, led by Y5.

Through the design process we had a number of project update sessions. Initial ideas were generated and presented as alternatives. These were gradually narrowed down through an interactive process until we agreed a final approach.

Once the final approach was agreed, Y5 generated a complete comprehensive branding guideline.

Myself and wife, as owners. Together with the Y5 team

We have had very positive feedback about our new identity. It does capture both the history and environment while being stylish, simple and contemporary.

We have rolled out its use in most of our marketing efforts so we are driving a consistent visual identity

Very effective. Good communication

Personal approach. They are entrepreneurs who understand the needs involved in the journey from small to medium to large businesses.

Branding & Website Dev for Real Estate Company

"The way they care about the work they’re doing makes them stand out from competitors."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Y5 Creative helped design and develop a WordPress site for a realtor’s business. They also provide ongoing branding support across other areas, including logo design, color scheme selection, and materials.

Owner, Real Estate Company

Though the site has only recently launched, feedback on the new platform has been excellent. Y5 Creative continues to produce impressive work, with room for growth in industry-specific content creation. Their ability to invest themselves in the work while collaborating efficiently is great.

I’m a realtor and CPA.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

I had just recently ended a longterm partnership and needed to establish my own brand. I hired Y5 Creative to help with this by creating a website and branding materials.

Y5 Creative designed and developed my website using WordPress. For the branding efforts, they’ve helped with the color schemes, logo design, and other aesthetic choices. They’ve created materials for both web and print, including signage and other deliverables.

I work with several people from Y5 Creative.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

I knew Y5 Creative through a family connection and was drawn to working with them because of how they operate with care.

I’ve spent around $25,000 on the project.

We’ve been working together since September 2018.

It’s too soon to see the impact of the website, but we have received some fantastic comments on it from users. Their team did a lot of research to ensure the final product wasn’t cookie-cutter. The branding materials are clean and crisp, and people now recognize that I have a separate brand identity.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Responsiveness is never an issue. I hear back from them within hours. Even when timing on my end changes or I'm running around doing other tasks, they are accommodating and work well with my schedule. There are distinct project deadlines that they adhere to, and I’m happy with how they’ve managed the work.

The way they care about the work they’re doing makes them stand out from competitors. They bend over backward to make sure I’m happy and they operate like they’re a family. I can tell I’m not just a number to them. They also create final products that are sustainable and won’t become outdated. The work they deliver is going to last and be versatile.

At the beginning of the project, more oversight on a junior designer could have helped my vision be understood better. I also wish that they could provide more assistance in creating content from scratch. More industry-specific knowledge could be helpful because additional explanations about functionalities have cost me more. However, outsourcing some of this development could be a great idea for them.

No matter who you hire, you need to know what you want because no one can read your mind. They’re excellent at discovering creative ideas from your vision, but you need to provide them with that instead of hoping they’ll be all-knowing.

WordPress Website & Branding for Dentist

"I always felt that I was receiving dedicated services."

Apr. 2018 - July 2019

Y5 Creative managed front- and backend development of a WordPress website to establish a web presence for a dentist. The team integrated provided content and developed a brand identity including a logo.

Vancouver, British Columbia
Suzy Hupfau
Owner, Hupfau Dental

Y5 Creative delivered a satisfying website that has generated positive feedback from users. The team was accessible and receptive to feedback, fostering a supportive partnership. They communicated technical concepts effectively and demonstrated a genuine interest in the project.

I’m a dentist and the owner of Hupfau Dental.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

I’d never had a website. I realized that I needed one to validate my existence.

Y5 created a brand and a logo for my business. Previously, I was just Dr. Susie K. Hupfau Inc. We came up with Hupfau Dental and worked on a logo. Their team also built a website for my existing patients and prospective patients to view the business. I provided the content and their team created the design as well as developed the WordPress website.

Mainly, I worked with three people: Carol Colley (Creative Director and Creative Branding Specialist, Y5 Creative), a logo designer, and a website developer.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

A patient recommended Y5 Creative.

At the end of the day, it was approximately $10,000.

The project ran from April 2018 until June 2019.

I don’t have any metrics, but I’m pleased with the results. I’m happy with the website. Everyone that has seen it says it looks great. I feel like the platform reflects me.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated almost solely through e-mail. I found Y5 to be quite responsive. If I had a question, their team got back to me right away.

I found that their team was personally invested in my project. I liked that they were a smaller firm. I didn’t feel like another client. I always felt that I was receiving dedicated services. Their team cared about the results. As someone who’s not technically savvy, I found Y5 Creative to be approachable. They explained ideas and took care of tasks that I couldn’t manage myself.

I don’t know if it was a shortcoming on their part but I had to develop a lot of content myself because they’re not dentists. It likely resulted from a misunderstanding in the beginning. When I finally said you need to help me and we need to get this across the finish line, their team was responsive and able to help.

Y5 was professional and did a great job.

Branding & Signage for Cruise Terminal Operator

"We like that they’re a smaller company because they really care for their customers."

Y5 Creative provides signage support for a cruise terminal. They’ve continually created new signs as the business changes, including movable, tower signs that incorporate existing branding.

Kara Loy
Manager of Ground Transportation & Cruise Programs, Ceres Terminals Canada

Over the multi-project engagement, Y5 Creative has met expectations and produced work that improved the overall customer experience in the cruise terminal. Their ability to understand the brand and produce effective deliverables remains impressive. They’re a quick and capable team to work with.

I’m the manager of ground transportation and cruise programs for Ceres Terminals Canada. We operate the cruise terminal on behalf of the Port of Vancouver.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

A few years ago,Y5 Creative helped us organize a few pull-up banners, but they had become outdated. We needed further assistance with general wayfinding through the cruise terminal, so we hired Y5 Creative to produce new signage.

Y5 Creative helped us come up with several innovative solutions for signage. We ended up deciding on tall, magnetic sign towers, and their team modified them for our multiple different ships and cruise lines. They also ensured everything matched our brand guidelines. If anything needs to be fixed, they’re available to help us quickly solve them and they perform updates whenever we have new cruise ships.

Jonathan (Director Business Development, Y5 Creative), Carol (Creative Director, Y5 Creative) and one of their designers work very closely with us.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

When we were originally doing a signage search, Y5 Creative was paired with another company and came together as a package so we chose them.

As a rough estimate, we’ve spent around $50,000 CAD (approximately $37,700 USD).

We’ve worked with them in the past, but this project ran from January–April 2018.

The fact that passengers can navigate through the cruise terminal and find their own way speaks to the quality of the signage. We’ve received great feedback on the signs, as well. Our ability to move the towers has had a huge impact on our operations as it is flexible based on our needs. Y5 Creative’s work augments what we currently have in our facility and works well with our complex operation.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive. For example, we just had a mechanical issue with one of the sign towers and Jonathan was quick to engage our supplier to get replacement parts. He found out we were covered under warranty, so instead of paying a substantial fee, we got some free replacement parts and did it ourselves. We’re very happy with their approach to managing the work in that respect.

We like that they’re a smaller company because they really care for their customers. They’re very on top of their communication and always make sure we have everything we need.

We've been pretty happy with them for the long time and level of service that we recieve, so I don't think there's anything to improve at this time.

We provide clear guidelines of what we are looking for, so I recommend others do the same and they will do an excellent job. They're good at incorporating and following brand standard guidelines provided into the work.

Graphic Design for Women's Health Foundation

"The nature theme is so calming; they did a great job with it."

Dec. 2018 - Jul. 2019

Y5 Creative designed and iterated a series of vinyl murals to decorate a special long-term maternity unit for women dealing with substance use.

Chief Development Officer, Healthcare Company

The final designs were well-received. Y5 Creative balanced conflicting feedback from internal and external stakeholders to ultimately land on a nature theme that was very successful. While the process wasn't always smooth, their responsiveness and flexibility made them a valuable partner.

I'm the chief development officer at a foundation that supports greater access and equity for women’s health care in British Columbia, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We had a new unit that was being created for a hospital. It's a unique unit that allows pregnant women involved in substance use to stay for several months before and after they deliver their baby. Canada's universal health care system doesn’t cover decorations, and the space was quite utilitarian with white walls. We wanted to create a warm and welcoming environment.

Y5 Creative created decorative murals for the hospital unit. Due to infection control regulations, the mural was made from removable vinyl. They worked to come up with designs that were impactful and respectful. They helped us help navigate feedback from multiple stakeholders (e.g., nurses, patients), which was very difficult. The first design they presented was rejected by the hospital. They took that in stride and started over. Their second attempt was successful.

Next they worked with the redevelopment and building team on the installation of the murals. There were all sorts of unexpected plumbing issues. Y5 Creative could only cover the top half of the walls in the rooms because the bottom half has a special covering to protect it from gurneys and wheelchairs.

We primarily worked with Carol (Creative Director, Y5 Creative) and Jonathan (Director of Business Development, Y5 Creative). Some of the junior staff also worked on the design concepts.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

My predecessor in this role found them and I signed the contract within my first three weeks on the job.

We spent $122,000 CAD (approximately $91,900 USD).

The project took place from December 2018–July 2019.

It was very moving when we saw the finished product. We couldn't afford to do as much as we wanted to do. Y5 Creative was really good about helping us decide what to prioritize. The most important thing was that there’s a full mural on the biggest wall in every woman’s room and bathroom.

The murals are so beautiful, welcoming, and girly. The nature theme is so calming; they did a great job with it. The women who use the unit want things that are soft. It lets them know that the hospital and the donors support them and truly care about them. It’s their home for several months, and it’s much friendlier than the bare rooms it was before.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Y5 Creative was so responsive. They're really flexible and they totally accommodated my schedule. I definitely appreciated that. They were also really helpful because I hadn't done anything like this before. They explained everything to me in a way I could understand as a lay person. They helped interface with the hospital about what material we could use on glass as well as the walls that would meet the infection control criteria. They were creative and upbeat, which was great.

They were always available. They kept me in the loop if one of them was going to be out of town for a while. I was probably less available for them, but they made it work.

Y5 Creative had to deal with a lot of fits and starts on our end. We weren’t able to give them as good direction as was necessary. We were waiting to hear from patients about what they wanted, which wasn’t always straightforward. They were very accommodating.

We needed to be sensitive and respectful in navigating this project, and we found some of Y5 Creative's earlier ideas to be a bit forward. After talking with them about taking a more passive approach and listening to the hospital's feedback, we were able to agree on a plan for the mural.

They were really good about communicating, even with all of the complexities of our project. I imagine they’d be really great working with other professionals who understand the business in a way that I did not.

Overall Score I was really happy with what we got.
    They worked hard to meet us at our price range.
    There were some frustrations, but the outcome was really good.

Branding & Web Dev for Travel Blog Platform

"They are a family-oriented company that cares about the success of those they are working with."

Dec. 2018 - June 2019

Y5 Creative created a brand identity and website for a travel blog platform. After a thorough discovery process, they created brand materials, a logo, designs for social media, and a user-friendly website.

Forest Grove, Oregon
Brett DuPont
Founder & Creator, Love to Latitude

The brand, website, and social media elements are ready to launch. Y5 Creative delivered high-quality, innovative design work that reflected the intended message and goals of the platform. Attentive and responsive, the team created an environment that balanced professionalism with approachability.

Love to latitude is a travel couple that writes about their experiences as they travel the globe. Our goal is to inspire passion and adventure for those looking to live an alternative lifestyle. We are bloggers/Vloggers. I am the founder/creator of Love to latitude.

For what projects/services did your company hire Y5 Creative?

As new business owner our challenge was creating a Brand identity that represented clearly what Love to latitude represents. We needed help in creating a strong Brand identity and platform for our brand

Our goal was to walk away with a Brand that identified strongly with Love to latitude. Have a easy to use and engaging website that allowed us to speak with our audience.

I was taking a course on Brand identity and came across an ad for a company called Y5 Creative. I had already researched other vendors and Y5 Creative stood out over the others.

They were responsible for creating a Brand identity and web based platform that fit our needs, as well as representing what Love to latitude's messaging stands for. They spent hours getting to know who we were, what we are doing with our platform, our future goals, and how we want our message delivered. Each step of the process we were taken along for a wonderful journey in creating our Brand identity.

The project team consisted of approximately 4 members when designing our Brand identity/Logo, and social media designs. While building our website platform the team consisted of approximately 4-5 other team members that were responsible for ensuring that needs and expectation were met within every phase of the project.

Our Brand identity has been developed along with our website and social media platform. We are set to launch this fall. Having a strong Brand identity, website, and social media platform will allow us to engage our clients and audience in 3 different arenas at that same time. We are now able to build strong and professional content for clients working with us and trusting love to latitude to showcase their assets. Engaging with our audience offers us to stand out and engage in a unique and creative way.

Project Management was very professional. Yet what truly sets Y5 Creative apart from competition is their friendly, welcoming nature and attention to detail of their customers. We felt more like family that they truly cared for. Y5 gave made us feel that our success was truly their success!

What impressed us most about Y5 is their unique relationships with their clients. They are a family-oriented company that cares about the success of those they are working with. They will on occasion still reach out even after the project is over to see how we are doing and offer words of encouragement!

There is very little that can be improved. We live in Oregon, USA and Y5 being in Vancouver, Canada had its challenges, but they were always looking for ways to enhance communication. We were able to reach them via email, phone, video chat, we even drove up to Canada and met the team face to face.

Overall Score Our only complaint in giving Y5 an overall rating is that there is not a sixth star!
    Y5 was able to work with us with ease. Even during their busiest time of year, they ensured we had time with them in completing our Website
    Y5's cost was competitve and fair, especially taking into account they help create a Brand in its entirety
    We continued to be impressed with the quality of work. They exceeded our expectations and needs!
    We are very likely to refer others needing Y5 Creative's services

Brand Identity for Home Decor Store

“They've always presented top-notch, creative concepts during brainstorming sessions.”

Jun. 2016 - Ongoing

Y5 Creative provides branding services, including naming, packaging design, and other marketing and advertising collateral as needed.

Simon Zaidel
Owner, Olive + Wild

Y5 Creative provides top-notch branding services that have been very well received by the public. In addition to the quality of their work, they're also extremely client-services oriented, proactive in communications, and quick to turn around deliverables.

I'm the owner of Olive + Wild, a home decor, gift, and furnishings store based in Vancouver, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We reached out to Y5 Creative to help us create our branding identity from scratch.

Y5 Creative helped brainstorm options for the company's name initially and then designed the logo, website, a branding manual, and other collateral. After meeting with us to discuss our goals and target audience, they then helped narrow down our overall branding image. They also helped with trademarking and venture registration to protect the property rights to our name. More recently, they worked on a window display for a community center and they continue to provide design services on an as-needed basis.

We work with about six people on their team.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

We considered two companies, but ultimately decided to work with Y5 Creative after their creative team presented some interesting rough concepts for us during some early meetings.

We've probably invested over $10,000 by now.

We've been working with them since June 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

Y5 Creative's branding concepts have been well worth the investment for our business. Customers are always very impressed by our name and the artwork associated with our logo; it's very artsy and in-line with our vision.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive, quick to turn around deliverables, and good about following up with us. From the start, they've provided proposals in a timely manner and been transparent about timelines and all stages of each project. They've even been able to get last-minute requests done right away and always made our company feel like a priority despite the size of our account compared to other clients of theirs.

Y5 Creative's input and responsiveness have been phenomenal. They've always presented top-notch, creative concepts during brainstorming sessions. Their team has been instrumental in establishing our image.

Honestly, not from my point of view.

Not really, but I'd recommend them to any company looking for branding or rebranding work.

Branding & Web Dev for Registered Charity

“They are innovative and deliver good-quality work.”

June - Nov. 2015

Y5 Creative provided branding and web development for a government-affiliated charity. They created a mobile-friendly site with an updated UI, designed new branding materials, and ran social media campaigns.

Joe Hargitt
Executive Director, Pacific Parklands

Their team took direction well and required minimal oversight to accomplish their tasks. They came up with innovative designs that successfully increased social media engagement, newsletter registrations, and financial donations.

I’m the executive director at Pacific Parklands Foundation, a Canadian registered charity.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We’ve been operating for almost 20 years but don’t have good name recognition, so it’s been difficult to get our message out to the community. We help manage public parks, which are funded by taxes, but we raise money to cover the expenses those budgets can’t fund. We hired Y5 creative to help spread awareness about our organization and explain to constituents why their financial support is necessary.

Because we work with so many other organizations, including a major government one that’s protective of our brand, we needed to take care to create a fresh, new look that suited the interests of our constituents. Y5 Creative took that into account and overhauled our brand. They also redesigned our website to improve mobile accessibility, UI/UX, and our messaging. Once that was complete, they created a new brand book and style guidelines for us, redesigned our brochures, and ran the social media campaigns to launch our new look.

I mainly worked with their creative director/branding specialist and their director of business development. They also had additional team members handling our social media marketing and other tasks.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

They were referred by the president of our board, who’d done work with them before. We sought board approval for the rebranding project and then interviewed several companies to compare proposals. We ultimately settled on Y5 Creative because of the strong recommendation, their good reputation, and their competitive pricing.

We spent about $75,000.

The main project lasted from June–November 2015, although we have an ongoing contract with them for marketing projects and site updates.

We’ve tripled our social media likes and have seen a 30% increase in donations. We’ve also seen our number of e-news and blog subscribers quadruple. Our brand awareness and outreach have increased significantly as well, although that’s harder to measure.

We’ve also received a lot of compliments on the materials they created for us. People have liked the look of our new site and brochures.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

It was easy to work with them. We’d sit for interviews or meet to discuss various project needs, and then they’d go to work with minimal oversight. They almost always brought back exactly what we wanted. Working independently was one of their biggest strengths.

They are innovative and deliver good-quality work. Whenever we had a deadline, they’d complete their tasks on time. We also appreciated the competitive pricing.

Not really. They bring a lot of strengths to the table.

I recommend that you consider Y5 for any of your marketing needs. They are easy to work with and will help your business grow.

Overall Score When they’re doing a project, they’re not afraid to give you good or bad feedback. It’s a great experience and you feel like you’re working someone from your own team.
    They always meet deadlines. They’re reliable and understand the value of time.
    They’re competitively priced and consistently over-deliver.
    They provide materials you can be proud of.
    I’d definitely recommend them.

Branding & Development for Childcare Education Platform

“Whenever I run into an issue, their team is quick to troubleshoot and fix the problem.”

Feb. - Sept. 2017

Following a thorough discovery session, Y5 Creative developed a digital booking system using Firebase and WordPress. The team also designed business cards and flyers that aligned with the brand message.

Founder, Childcare Education Platform

Y5 Creative’s branding and development work was praised for its quality. With a holistic approach, the team delivered a high-functioning and engaging product. They showed genuine excitement and interest throughout the engagement, communicating responsively and working at a quick pace.

I founded a childcare startup. I provide a booking system that connects substitute caregivers with childcare centers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

I needed assistance with branding and developing the software.

We started with a discovery session to conceptualize a message for our brand. I described my idea, and we worked together to define the functionalities and technical elements. Then, they developed an interactive web app using Firebase for the backend and WordPress for the frontend. Y5 Creative also designed corresponding business cards and flyers. In terms of social media, they helped me optimize my LinkedIn and Facebook pages.

I worked with around seven people from Y5 Creative.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

One of their staff members is a family friend. I was familiar with the company, so I reached out to see if they offered branding and web services. They did, but I looked into another local vendor for a point of comparison. Even though the other firm’s quote was a fraction of Y5 Creative’s, the latter showed a better understanding of my project. They were excited about the partnership and invested in the product I was looking to build.

I spent between $70,000–$80,000 on this project.

We worked together from around February–September 2017.

My business is still in its early stages, so I don’t have any hard metrics. Anecdotally, I’ve received positive feedback on Y5 Creative’s branding and design strategies. Whenever I run into an issue, their team is quick to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They approached my project holistically, and their team was helpful and responsive. Overall, it was a great experience.

I like that they’re a boutique company. They were genuinely excited about the work, which was self-validating. This was a very special project for me, and I felt comfortable leaving it in their hands. I knew that I could trust them to take it seriously and do their best work.

Because I was starting this company on my own, I trusted their judgment with many aspects of the project. I agreed to the initial quote, but near the end of the project, the Y5 Creative team informed me that they’d gone over their hours by quite a bit. They didn’t communicate this to me until it was too late, then they charged me for the extra costs. With that said, they were very helpful in working out a payment deal.

Also, I appreciated that they had a copywriter on staff, but she left. I’m not sure if they hired a new one.

I’ve already recommended them.