The Brand Always Comes First!

Y5 Creative was started as a boutique marketing agency with a holistic offering by the founders of PacBlue Printing in Vancouver.

Taking the critical pieces of experience from building PacBlue to a multi-million dollar, 120 employee strong enterprise, Y5 Creative has taken the best practices of excellence for graphic design, print and digital marketing to develop a progressive company that delivers high-end digital and traditional outsourced marketing support and bespoke software development for our mid to large size clients.

Based in core family values the company creates long-term relationships with each client and helps to consistently deliver thoughtful and effective, on-brand marketing campaigns.

After completing various Shopify websites, we have chosen to become a Shopify Partner and are on our way to qualifying as a Shopify Expert.

We work with people and businesses who are developing a new brand from scratch or need to refresh an existing brand by making it more relevant to the current market technology and communication trends. Contributing to the growth of a brand, and the success and profitability of our clients businesses, is our ultimate goal.

Y5 Creative clients are diverse small and medium sized businesses including Real Estate, Manufacturing, Engineering, Entertainment, Celebrities, Non Profits, Entrepeneurs and many more.

If you need some help with your branding and marketing both on and off-line give us a call to see what we can do for you.

We are proud of our business and challenge ourselves everyday to provide our client's with the most innovative and creative outside the box thinking. When you are doing what you love...the possibilities are endless.

• 4942 Fraser Street
    Vancouver, BC V5W 2Y8

Branding & Web Dev for Travel Blog Platform

"They are a family-oriented company that cares about the success of those they are working with."

Dec. 2018 - June 2019

Y5 Creative created a brand identity and website for a travel blog platform. After a thorough discovery process, they created brand materials, a logo, designs for social media, and a user-friendly website.

Forest Grove, Oregon
Brett DuPont
Founder & Creator, Love to Latitude

The brand, website, and social media elements are ready to launch. Y5 Creative delivered high-quality, innovate design work that reflected the intended message and goals of the platform. Attentive and responsive, the team created an environment that balanced professionalism with approachability.

Love to latitude is a travel couple that writes about their experiences as they travel the globe. Our goal is to inspire passion and adventure for those looking to live an alternative lifestyle. We are bloggers/Vloggers. I am the founder/creator of Love to latitude.

For what projects/services did your company hire Y5 Creative?

As new business owner our challenge was creating a Brand identity that represented clearly what Love to latitude represents. We needed help in creating a strong Brand identity and platform for our brand

Our goal was to walk away with a Brand that identified strongly with Love to latitude. Have a easy to use and engaging website that allowed us to speak with our audience.

I was taking a course on Brand identity and came across an ad for a company called Y5 Creative. I had already researched other vendors and Y5 Creative stood out over the others.

They were responsible for creating a Brand identity and web based platform that fit our needs, as well as representing what Love to latitude's messaging stands for. They spent hours getting to know who we were, what we are doing with our platform, our future goals, and how we want our message delivered. Each step of the process we were taken along for a wonderful journey in creating our Brand identity.

The project team consisted of approximately 4 members when designing our Brand identity/Logo, and social media designs. While building our website platform the team consisted of approximately 4-5 other team members that were responsible for ensuring that needs and expectation were met within every phase of the project.

Our Brand identity has been developed along with our website and social media platform. We are set to launch this fall. Having a strong Brand identity, website, and social media platform will allow us to engage our clients and audience in 3 different arenas at that same time. We are now able to build strong and professional content for clients working with us and trusting love to latitude to showcase their assets. Engaging with our audience offers us to stand out and engage in a unique and creative way.

Project Management was very professional. Yet what truly sets Y5 Creative apart from competition is their friendly, welcoming nature and attention to detail of their customers. We felt more like family that they truly cared for. Y5 gave made us feel that our success was truly their success!

What impressed us most about Y5 is their unique relationships with their clients. They are a family-oriented company that cares about the success of those they are working with. They will on occasion still reach out even after the project is over to see how we are doing and offer words of encouragement!

There is very little that can be improved. We live in Oregon, USA and Y5 being in Vancouver, Canada had its challenges, but they were always looking for ways to enhance communication. We were able to reach them via email, phone, video chat, we even drove up to Canada and met the team face to face.

Overall Score Our only complaint in giving Y5 an overall rating is that there is not a sixth star!
    Y5 was able to work with us with ease. Even during their busiest time of year, they ensured we had time with them in completing our Website
    Y5's cost was competitve and fair, especially taking into account they help create a Brand in its entirety
    We continued to be impressed with the quality of work. They exceeded our expectations and needs!
    We are very likely to refer others needing Y5 Creative's services

Brand Identity for Home Decor Store

“They've always presented top-notch, creative concepts during brainstorming sessions.”

Jun. 2016 - Ongoing

Y5 Creative provides branding services, including naming, packaging design, and other marketing and advertising collateral as needed.

Simon Zaidel
Owner, Olive + Wild

Y5 Creative provides top-notch branding services that have been very well received by the public. In addition to the quality of their work, they're also extremely client-services oriented, proactive in communications, and quick to turn around deliverables.

I'm the owner of Olive + Wild, a home decor, gift, and furnishings store based in Vancouver, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We reached out to Y5 Creative to help us create our branding identity from scratch.

Y5 Creative helped brainstorm options for the company's name initially and then designed the logo, website, a branding manual, and other collateral. After meeting with us to discuss our goals and target audience, they then helped narrow down our overall branding image. They also helped with trademarking and venture registration to protect the property rights to our name. More recently, they worked on a window display for a community center and they continue to provide design services on an as-needed basis.

We work with about six people on their team.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

We considered two companies, but ultimately decided to work with Y5 Creative after their creative team presented some interesting rough concepts for us during some early meetings.

We've probably invested over $10,000 by now.

We've been working with them since June 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

Y5 Creative's branding concepts have been well worth the investment for our business. Customers are always very impressed by our name and the artwork associated with our logo; it's very artsy and in-line with our vision.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive, quick to turn around deliverables, and good about following up with us. From the start, they've provided proposals in a timely manner and been transparent about timelines and all stages of each project. They've even been able to get last-minute requests done right away and always made our company feel like a priority despite the size of our account compared to other clients of theirs.

Y5 Creative's input and responsiveness have been phenomenal. They've always presented top-notch, creative concepts during brainstorming sessions. Their team has been instrumental in establishing our image.

Honestly, not from my point of view.

Not really, but I'd recommend them to any company looking for branding or rebranding work.

Branding & Web Dev for Registered Charity

“They are innovative and deliver good-quality work.”

June - Nov. 2015

Y5 Creative provided branding and web development for a government-affiliated charity. They created a mobile-friendly site with an updated UI, designed new branding materials, and ran social media campaigns.

Joe Hargitt
Executive Director, Pacific Parklands

Their team took direction well and required minimal oversight to accomplish their tasks. They came up with innovative designs that successfully increased social media engagement, newsletter registrations, and financial donations.

I’m the executive director at Pacific Parklands Foundation, a Canadian registered charity.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We’ve been operating for almost 20 years but don’t have good name recognition, so it’s been difficult to get our message out to the community. We help manage public parks, which are funded by taxes, but we raise money to cover the expenses those budgets can’t fund. We hired Y5 creative to help spread awareness about our organization and explain to constituents why their financial support is necessary.

Because we work with so many other organizations, including a major government one that’s protective of our brand, we needed to take care to create a fresh, new look that suited the interests of our constituents. Y5 Creative took that into account and overhauled our brand. They also redesigned our website to improve mobile accessibility, UI/UX, and our messaging. Once that was complete, they created a new brand book and style guidelines for us, redesigned our brochures, and ran the social media campaigns to launch our new look.

I mainly worked with their creative director/branding specialist and their director of business development. They also had additional team members handling our social media marketing and other tasks.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

They were referred by the president of our board, who’d done work with them before. We sought board approval for the rebranding project and then interviewed several companies to compare proposals. We ultimately settled on Y5 Creative because of the strong recommendation, their good reputation, and their competitive pricing.

We spent about $75,000.

The main project lasted from June–November 2015, although we have an ongoing contract with them for marketing projects and site updates.

We’ve tripled our social media likes and have seen a 30% increase in donations. We’ve also seen our number of e-news and blog subscribers quadruple. Our brand awareness and outreach have increased significantly as well, although that’s harder to measure.

We’ve also received a lot of compliments on the materials they created for us. People have liked the look of our new site and brochures.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

It was easy to work with them. We’d sit for interviews or meet to discuss various project needs, and then they’d go to work with minimal oversight. They almost always brought back exactly what we wanted. Working independently was one of their biggest strengths.

They are innovative and deliver good-quality work. Whenever we had a deadline, they’d complete their tasks on time. We also appreciated the competitive pricing.

Not really. They bring a lot of strengths to the table.

I recommend that you consider Y5 for any of your marketing needs. They are easy to work with and will help your business grow.

Overall Score When they’re doing a project, they’re not afraid to give you good or bad feedback. It’s a great experience and you feel like you’re working someone from your own team.
    They always meet deadlines. They’re reliable and understand the value of time.
    They’re competitively priced and consistently over-deliver.
    They provide materials you can be proud of.
    I’d definitely recommend them.

Branding & Development for Childcare Education Platform

“Whenever I run into an issue, their team is quick to troubleshoot and fix the problem.”

Feb. - Sept. 2017

Following a thorough discovery session, Y5 Creative developed a digital booking system using Firebase and WordPress. The team also designed business cards and flyers that aligned with the brand message.

Founder, Childcare Education Platform

Y5 Creative’s branding and development work was praised for its quality. With a holistic approach, the team delivered a high-functioning and engaging product. They showed genuine excitement and interest throughout the engagement, communicating responsively and working at a quick pace.

I founded a childcare startup. I provide a booking system that connects substitute caregivers with childcare centers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

I needed assistance with branding and developing the software.

We started with a discovery session to conceptualize a message for our brand. I described my idea, and we worked together to define the functionalities and technical elements. Then, they developed an interactive web app using Firebase for the backend and WordPress for the frontend. Y5 Creative also designed corresponding business cards and flyers. In terms of social media, they helped me optimize my LinkedIn and Facebook pages.

I worked with around seven people from Y5 Creative.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

One of their staff members is a family friend. I was familiar with the company, so I reached out to see if they offered branding and web services. They did, but I looked into another local vendor for a point of comparison. Even though the other firm’s quote was a fraction of Y5 Creative’s, the latter showed a better understanding of my project. They were excited about the partnership and invested in the product I was looking to build.

I spent between $70,000–$80,000 on this project.

We worked together from around February–September 2017.

My business is still in its early stages, so I don’t have any hard metrics. Anecdotally, I’ve received positive feedback on Y5 Creative’s branding and design strategies. Whenever I run into an issue, their team is quick to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They approached my project holistically, and their team was helpful and responsive. Overall, it was a great experience.

I like that they’re a boutique company. They were genuinely excited about the work, which was self-validating. This was a very special project for me, and I felt comfortable leaving it in their hands. I knew that I could trust them to take it seriously and do their best work.

Because I was starting this company on my own, I trusted their judgment with many aspects of the project. I agreed to the initial quote, but near the end of the project, the Y5 Creative team informed me that they’d gone over their hours by quite a bit. They didn’t communicate this to me until it was too late, then they charged me for the extra costs. With that said, they were very helpful in working out a payment deal.

Also, I appreciated that they had a copywriter on staff, but she left. I’m not sure if they hired a new one.

I’ve already recommended them.

Branding for Self-Rescue Training Company

“All the designs they delivered were even better than what I had envisioned.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Y5 Creative created the branding for a company from scratch and designed their website. They created print design collateral including business cards, informational booklets, and vinyl signs for on-site use.

Vancouver, British Columbia
President, Forte Training

Y5 Creative exceeded the client’s strict expectations with sleek, modern designs and high caliber deliverables. Website users have provided outstandingly positive feedback on the new platform’s look and feel. The team couples attentive, flexible customer services with design skill for a high ROI.

Our company trains people who work at heights on how to self-rescue from large structures and boom lifts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

I first approached Y5 Creative with nothing at all. I knew what our business would do and what we needed to convey to our customers. We hired Y5 Creative to create our initial branding and take it all the way forward.

Y5 Creative designed our company's branding from the ground up. They pulled together a complete package. Going through several iterations, they designed our website and logo. We had sit-down meetings for the discovery sessions so they could learn about out our company's identity and the image we hoped to project to customers. They listened to our goals and took note of specific things to exclude. Based on these findings, they presented a set of logo and website format options to choose from.  I wrote all the content because it's quite technical, and they defined how it should look and feel.

Y5 Creative also created print sales assets like information booklets, business cards, and other collateral. They've helped with vinyl printing and some of the logos inside my facility. The signs feature taglines and information I want clients to know about when we're training them. The team sourced the vinyl, installers, and designers as they handled the entire process.

I worked mainly with Carol (Creative Director and Creative Branding Specialist, Y5 Creative), Phillip (Senior Web Developer, Y5 Creative), and Natasha (Senior Graphic Designer, Y5 Creative).

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

I considered other providers in the area based on the end results they had delivered to past customers. I wanted clean designs that were not too busy. Y5 Creative's style worked with what I wanted to project. Based on our meeting, they were a good fit and seemed to listen attentively. They gave me the impression they could deliver exactly what I wanted.

We've spent upwards of $15,000 including the printing costs.

We've been working together since May 2017, and our work is still ongoing.

Many people have told me the new website Y5 Creative designed for us is the best digital platform they've ever seen. Our customers have given us exclusively good feedback about the branding. Since they did this branding from the ground up, I don't have quantitative metrics to attribute.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was fantastic. Y5 Creative completed everything we needed within the timeframes they set out. All the designs they delivered were even better than what I had envisioned. I'm very satisfied with the work they’ve done for us.

I spent a long time in the military in special operations and am often disappointed with how people work in the civilian world. Unlike many vendors, Y5 Creative does things right, fulfills our requirements, and delivers what they've promised.

They've exceeded my expectations, which is the best thing I can say about them. I rarely meet people like them who perform better than I anticipated, and Y5 Creative certainly has.

No, I can't imagine being upset with any of their work. I am pleased with everything Y5 Creative has done so far.

Overall Score I'm very happy with Y5 Creative.
    They have always stuck to the timelines they provided.
    They've done a great job. I got a really great result for what I spent.
    The quality far exceeded the price point compared to other vendors. I'm happy with the work they provided.
    I'm very likely to refer them and have already done so many times.

Website Upgrade for Independent Omnicommerce Company

“They’re a one-stop shop with a lot of experience in the digital space.”

Nov. 2017 - May 2018

Y5 creative upgraded a Shopify-based e-commerce platform with an intuitive interface and technical architecture. After a consultation, the team helped with both the design and development processes.

Operations Manager, Simply Computing

The platform met all requirements and secured approval to sell Apple products online. Y5 Creative’s design and development strategies increased sales and incoming inquiries. It was an effective collaboration. The team remained helpful, flexible, and responsive throughout the engagement.

I’m the Operations Manager at an independent company that specializes in Apple products and accessories. Based in Vancouver, we’ve been in business since 1984 and currently have seven corporate locations and 16 licensed locations across the country. We sell and service Apple products, provide financing services, and hold training seminars for our clients and customers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Y5 Creative?

We’d built and supported an e-commerce platform internally, but online sales picked up within our industry. To stay competitive, we needed a better website with more technical capabilities to showcase our products. We also wanted approval to sell Apple products. We looked for a vendor to help us reach these goals.

First, their team led us through a consultation phase where they analyzed our web platform and identified our needs. Through several back-and-forth discussions, we assembled an updated architecture for the website, including a more intuitive interface design. Then, the Y5 Creative team built out the new platform plan using Shopify.

I worked with the two owners, and I had another primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Y5 Creative?

Originally, they were one of our clients. Our company was helping them finance their computers, so our financial services manager recommended them for this project. I looked into their company to get a better sense of their capabilities and asked for a quote. We were impressed with their proposal, so we ultimately chose to partner with them.

We worked on this project from November 2017­–May 2018.

The e-commerce platform completely aligned with our requirements. We also secured authorization from Apple Canada to sell their products online. Anecdotally, we're receiving more online sales with the updated platform, and there’s more interest in our financing programs. Even though we don’t have stores in central and eastern Canada, we continue to collect requests and applications from customers across the country.

How did Y5 Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. The team was flexible in accommodating our changing needs throughout the project. They stayed on time and within our budget. We interacted via Slack, email, and phone calls, and they were responsive through each communication channel. Throughout the relationship, we got to know their small team very well. I expect to work with them again in the future.

I liked that they were a local team but still offered a varied skill set. We brought them abstract ideas, and they visualized them for us. They’re a one-stop shop with a lot of experience in the digital space.

They could have a more formalized approach to documenting requirements and milestones.

Overall Score I enjoyed working with their small, skilled team.
    A written schedule for milestones would’ve been helpful.
    The cost is competitive compared to others in their field.
    They were accommodating of our requirements and we’re happy with the final results.
    I’d recommend them without hesitation.