Web videos and presentations

Web videos and presentations for startups and digital agencies

Kyiv, Ukraine

SEON explainer video

SEON explainer video http://xplai.com/project/seon

TRY explainer video

TRY explainer video http://xplai.com/project/try

3D Product Animation for Musical Product Design Company

“The team is good at exploring unfamiliar fields and integrating new knowledge into their skill sets.”

May - Aug. 2018

XPLAI created a 3D concept animation for a new musical instrument. The video demonstrated how to play the instrument and featured a provided soundtrack.

Lead Industrial Designer, Musical Product Design Company

The animation will be used to attract prospective investors and gather feedback for production. Despite the specific project requirements, XPLAI proved more than capable of transforming constructive criticism into visual solutions. Strong management and collaboration were key to their success.

I’m the lead industrial designer for a company that specializes in designing and developing advanced musical products. Our goal is to turn music playing into the most intuitive and exciting experience. In my role, I’m in charge of product design and commercial promotion support.

For what projects/services did your company hire XPLAI?

We approached XPLAI to make an explainer animation of our new product. The video needed to help our audiences better understand the product's features, functions, and playing method. We also required XPLAI’s team to know basic music theory in order to implement the most appropriate visual effects when demonstrating the product.

We wanted the demo to thrill audiences and pique their passion for playing music through an easily understandable visual model.

We looked up options on a crowdsourcing platform, researching vendor samples and identifying cases that resonated with our culture. XPLAI’s case demonstration was outstanding, and they provided us with a quick mockup to review after our initial contact. Their quote also matched our budget.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

In the first meeting, we provided XPLAI with a detailed set of video requirements, stipulating that they give weekly updates on their process. We wanted to review their outcomes to ensure that the final version would fulfill our expectations. They delivered an animation featuring 3D models and music.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

They assigned product management staff who were responsible for connecting us to their team. During one stage, we asked their team to sync our soundtrack with their visuals, which required a large amount of work. However, their management was responsive to all of our feedback throughout the project and fixed any problems that arose.

They’ve only recently finished the video, so we don’t have any hard metrics. However, the video is part of an ongoing marketing process. We intend to present the video to potential investors and test users to collect feedback for future product development.

They promptly delivered outcomes on a weekly basis and refined issues based on our review. Their product management played a crucial role in coordinating our questions and requirements with the production team.

They’re a first-rate agency that works efficiently. The team is good at exploring unfamiliar fields and integrating new knowledge into their skill sets. Though our requirements called for a specific background in music and tech, they delivered as promised, and we were completely satisfied with XPLAI’s work.

Because the team is young and continuing to grow, they’ll inevitably encounter industries and methods that they’re unfamiliar with. As a result, it can take a bit of time in the beginning before they can start to produce work efficiently. It would benefit them if management scheduled a more realizable time frame for each stage.

They were responsible for our weekly meetings and upheld them.
    They provided a reasonable cost structure, which was less than what we expected.
    They completely fulfilled our requirements.

Introductory Video for Mobile App

“XPLAI stands out because of the team’s professionalism and knowledge.”

May - June 2018

XPLAI conceptualized and produced a video that promotes an app for fashion influencers.

Saudi Arabia
Founder, Fashtory

The video received positive feedback and increased conversion rates. XPLAI’s expertise, passion, and flexibility contributed to successful results, to the extent that they’ve been assigned another project.

I am the founder of a mobile application.

What challenge were you trying to address with XPLAI?

We wanted to create a promo video.

Initially, they created a mood board with ideas for presenting the application. After a lot of modifications, they showed me a couple of different versions. We ended up with an excellent 25-second video. The music they chose was also interesting.

Julia (Account Manager, XPLAI) was our main contact. She was excellent. I also spoke with one of the managers at the start of the project.

How did you come to work with XPLAI?

I searched for video production companies online. I liked XPLAI’s animation and their style. Since they were also helpful and responsive, I decided to hire them for this project.

We spent around $2,500 on the video.

We started working together in May 2018, and it is an ongoing relationship. The video is complete, but we are planning to assign another project to them.

People have noticed the high quality of our video. It also has a better conversion rate than our previous promotions.

How did XPLAI perform from a project management standpoint?

Julia took care of everything. She was in touch with me the entire time and clearly explained every step of the process. Their team sought my approval before making any modifications and accepted all of my feedback. Other companies would only allow you a certain number of modifications, but XPLAI was flexible. Despite some delays on my end, they took care of whatever I needed.

XPLAI stands out because of the team’s professionalism and knowledge. They made sure that I was happy, which is why I love working with this company. They love what they do, and they are good at it.

Make sure that you explain everything you have in mind.

Overall Score Julia was nice and friendly. I really enjoyed working with her.
    The price was really good for the quality of the video.
    I would recommend them to someone looking for animated videos.

Asset Design & Video Content for Digital Lab

"XPLAI goes above and beyond to deliver outstanding work."

Nov. 2017 - Dec. 2018

XPLAI designed illustrations and created animations and video content for multiple promotional campaigns, preparing a series of digital assets in several outsourced engagements.

Sydney, Australia
Creative Director, Design Lab

Initial projects with XPLAI positively affected client relationships and quickly led to new opportunities. The team’s collaborative approach, high-quality deliverables, and willingness to take direction added clear value.

I’m the founder and director of a company that focuses on creating top-tier digital products, services, and online marketing campaigns for a range of select clients. I’m involved in everything that goes in and out of the business, and I work collaboratively with our internal and remote design and development teams.

For what projects/services did your company hire XPLAI?

XPLAI has been involved in numerous projects that required animation and video content. Their work included social animations, promotional videos, and icon and illustration design.

Through these projects, we wanted to create a series of high-quality digital assets for our clients. The quality and speed of the production were paramount to meeting our expectations.

I had collaborated with one of the designers at XPLAI before the company formed. Their skill motivated me to continue the relationship. As their business has grown, our collaboration has increased, and they are now able to expand into different areas of design production.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We provide detailed briefs for XPLAI that match our project expectations, and they work with us to achieve our vision creatively. The process is quite collaborative: they send updates throughout the production cycle, and we provide remote art direction to achieve the correct result.

What was your vendor’s project management or feedback process?

We discuss and collaborate with XPLAI primarily via Slack and occasionally via email. This allows us to stay in constant communication; we treat them like they’re a part of our in-house team. We share and create storyboards and prepare test animations and illustrations before finalizing the project results.

The projects we have completed with XPLAI have led to further work, as they’ve had a positive impact on our client relationships.

The workflow is constant, iterative, and collaborative. We help guide them creatively to meet our needs and vision through constant art direction and feedback.

XPLAI goes above and beyond to deliver outstanding work. They help us deliver projects and solutions that meet our client's needs, and we guide each other through our own areas of expertise.

We work with XPLAI to ensure the results match our expectations. For this reason, we haven’t found any significant areas of their business model that need improvement.

Overall Score They're an excellent business with a remarkable team.
    They work with us to meet our deadlines.
    Some projects can become costly, but they help us ensure this doesn't happen.
    They provide fantastic, consistent work.
    They're good friends and close creative collaborators. I have no issue recommending them.

Animation and Design for Digital Marketing Firm

"They're able to get everything right from the first try ..."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Using a creative brief that was provided to them, XPLAI designed scrolling inforgraphics and created videos for a marketing project.

Washington, DC
Director of Project Management, Digital Marketing Firm

They deliver high-quality, creative designs that make clients happy. Remaining exceptionally responsive throughout the project and resolving any issues within 24 hours, they've earned client's trust and became a go-to design partner.

I work at a digital marketing firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with XPLAI?

We needed a company to help us create scrolling infographics for one of our projects.

Our recent project was to design scrolling infographics, which incorporated brand identity and illustrations. They've done about 10 projects for our organization. Usually, we give them a creative brief and they go from there. They've also done videos for us.

We work with 2–3 people in total, including our project manager.

How did you come to work with them?

One of our owners found them.

We spent about $7,000 on my projects, and about twice as much on other projects they had done for our company.

We started working with them in March 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

We're very happy with the quality they produce, which is why we continue working with them. Our clients love the products we deliver to them.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They've met all of their deadlines (when there was a missed deadline, it wasn't their fault). They're also phenomenal communicators. We've worked with a lot of companies that are located outside of U.S. and we often struggled with back-and-forth communication, but we didn't have any problems at all with XPLAI. They're extremely responsive. If we need to do any edits, they deal with them immediately, usually resolving any issues within 24 hours. We've used Slack, Asana, and Harvest for project management.

They're able to get everything right from the first try and they're always there for us.

No, not at this time.

Have an updated creative brief and have all the information in one spot for them. They'll take it and go from there.

They've met all their deadlines.
    We've been thrilled to work with them. That's a great value for the exceptionally creative work they do for us.
    They do high-quality work and they're a pleasure to work with.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Video Production for Technology Provider

“There are very few agencies I’ve dealt with who could provide such amazing work.”

June - Oct. 2017

XPLAI conceptualized, scripted, storyboarded, and produced a motion graphic marketing video in both English and Arabic. They also created a stadium banner and another short video.

Damman, Saudi Arabia
Anis Moussa
Marketing Manager, Sahara Net

Versions of the video have a combined 13,000 views, and both internal and external feedback have been positive. XPLAI’s client servicing, communication, and attention to detail contributed greatly to the video’s professional presentation and overall exemplary project experience.

I’m the marketing manager of Sahara Net, an information and communications technology provider in Saudi Arabia. We provide anything that has to do with internet connectivity and data-only connectivity, as well as MPLS [multi-protocol label switching] and VPN [virtual private network] encryption methods. We also have hosting (e.g., co-location hosting and dedication hosting) and cloud services and solutions (e.g., VPS and ERP [enterprise resource planning]). We also offer cloud storage and security.

We’re a Golden Partner of Microsoft in Saudi Arabia, so we sell Microsoft licenses (e.g., Microsoft Office 365). We’re soon going to be able to provide Azure Stack services within Saudi Arabia as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with XPLAI?

We launched an e-commerce website to sell our cloud services and solutions, but needed to create an explanatory and motion graphic video to highlight our offerings in an attractive way.

They created the concept, developed the script, and came up with a storyboard. They showed me mockups of what the video was going to look like. They also gave me some voice-over samples to choose from and showed me the background music. They professionally produced an English and Arabic version of the motion graphic video.

They also worked on other tools and smaller projects with me. They created a perfect stadium dynamic banner which lasts for 10 seconds. They also did another short video containing a few images that lasted 50 seconds.

There was an account manager and 1–3 other people who were working with her.

How did you come to work with XPLAI?

I looked on Upwork for a freelancer or agency who could produce our video. I contacted a few, but wasn’t satisfied until I met and talked with XPLAI. We came up with a price and agreed to work together.

We spent around $1,500 for both videos. They gave me a very attractive price.

We worked together from June 2017–October 2017.

I ran an online campaign for this video that received a good number of views. The English version on YouTube had almost 10,000 views, while the Arabic version had about 3,000. I ran a campaign on Facebook as well, but I’m unsure how many views we got there. People from inside and outside the company I work with have provided feedback stating that they loved the end product. They said it was professionally done.

How did XPLAI perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. The account manager was very cooperative, supportive, and understanding. Whenever I had something to talk about, she would come and speak with me in a nice and professional manner. She was always available. We communicated via Skype quite often. She is a great asset of XPLAI.

They communicated well and their client servicing was amazing. They provided great follow-up and quality of work. If I asked for things I knew would take time, they did it instantly and provided me with changes. They paid attention to detail and had great design skills. Everything was awesome. I rarely find people with this level of professionalism, quality, cooperation, and communication. I’m a straightforward person, and I mean it when I say that there are very few agencies I’ve dealt with who could provide such amazing work. It was great working with them.

I wish they could speak Arabic so that I could do more work with them in my language. They were surprisingly good at it, though. I have no suggestions for improvement, to be honest.

It was excellent.
    They delivered quality work and were responsive. They had good communication skills, client servicing, and pricing.
    I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. I just hope they’re available whenever I need them. So far, they’ve always been there.