Research & Training Simulations

XpertVR creates immersive simulations through the use of high-quality 3D models and VR environments.  Ideas come to life quickly and efficiently with our VR simulations to allow businesses to make better decisions about new products. In the past XpertVR has provided VR solutions in areas such as market research, prototyping, and product demos. Please contact us to bring your ideas to life.

St Catharines, Canada
  • 1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way, RFP 301
    St Catharines, ON L2S 3A1

Over the past few years, we have worked with research clients from Brock University, Mohawk College, and more, as well as marketing clients including Redbull, Niagara Falls Tourism and the Wine Marketing Association of Ontario.

VR Ocean Scenario Image

VR Ocean Scenario

Testing with professors the impact of VR on human perception and how the experience of different environments can influence opinions about specific topics.

Virtual Wine Shop Image

Virtual Wine Shop

Development of a replica wine shop to test different bottle labels. Participants can interact with each wine bottle to gain more information. Data collected includes eye tracking, product selection, and time spent learning about each type of wine.

Virtual Classroom Image

Virtual Classroom

Designed for a client to research if online classes can effectively be delivered using VR as a medium.

RedBull Crashed Ice

For this project we were the first 360 video team to capture a Crashed Ice athlete in their element, racing down the track at the 2017 finals.

Niagara Falls Tourism

Niagara Falls Tourism needed 360 experiences of their 4 main attractions: Journey Behind the Falls, Hornblower Niagara Cruises, Wildplay Zipline to the Falls, and Niagara Helicopters. Each video was brought to life with 360-specific effects, colour correction, sound effects, and more. A final 6 screen display of the video series was commended by Bardish Chagger, Minister of Small Business and Tourism.

VR Experience Attraction for Basketball Tournament Promo

“…they’ll be able to exceed your expectations.”

Jan. - June 2017

To promote a series of sports tournaments, XpertVR constructed a VR-enhanced activation at a local mall for a sports marketing agency. They built out the unique experience and actually manned the event.

Toronto, Canada
Mohamed Hassan
Co-Founder, B&M Agency

XpertVR did a phenomenal job in constructing the activation, which saw high user engagement rates. It also received great feedback from participants and mall-goers. The team is highly reliable, as they always deliver on time. They’re also always willing to push the limits of their creativity.

I’m the co-founder of a sports marketing agency that deals with various organizations both in Canada and globally.

What challenge were you trying to address with XpertVR?

One of our clients was an international basketball federation that was hosting upcoming tournaments. In light of that, we were tasked with generating community engagement and building out the fan experience. We decided to organize virtual activations in local malls, and we looked to XpertVR to construct a unique, informative experience that mall-goers could enjoy.

They built out a game, or an interactive experience, where people can play basketball. We wanted an experience where consumers could engage in conversation while they participate in the game.

They designed a set-up where participants had the opportunity to potentially win a basketball jersey. They also manned the actual game station — they were present at the activation and helped people play the game.

I worked with Evan (Co-Founder), who’s a good of mine. I also worked with Drew (Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with XpertVR?

I’ve known Evan for a while. Both of our businesses were born out of the same incubator — we’d met at an entrepreneurship incubator. From there, we’d done some other private projects in the past with them. Each project had been a success, so I knew that they could handle this larger-scale project.

We spent under $10,000.

We reached out to them in January 2017 and the activation was launched in June 2017.

We tracked the users that interacted with the activation and were pleased with the engagement rates. The activation always had a line because it attracted so many people.  We also gauged users’ reactions after their engagement, and they had only good things to say.

In terms of our collaboration, XpertVR is always great to work with. They’re incredibly flexible and diligent in helping us reach our goals. They always ask the right questions to make sure they’re delivering in accordance with our objects.

How did XpertVR perform from a project management standpoint?

They exceeded our expectations; project management is one of their biggest strengths. They’re on top of their communication and always deliver on time. They were there early to set up the activation, and they were great in actually manning it. We just communicated via email and Google Drive.

They’re willing to push the envelope. They’re always looking to improve upon their last project. They’re eager to go beyond the limits of their creativity to create something truly unique.

No, I can’t really think of anything. I’ve been in contact with them, and they’re always implementing process improvements.

Just be clear on goals and objectives. Set a high bar for them, and they’ll be able to exceed your expectations.

Environmental Impact VR Development for University Research

"They were enthusiastic and wanted to deliver a high-level product."

Jul. 2019 - Mar. 2020

XpertVR provided virtual reality development for a research project/course. Their team had several full scoping meetings to determine the extent and details of the project before starting.

St. Catharine's, Ontario, Canada
Professor Gary Pickering
Professor, Brock University

XpertVR successfully completed the project. They were responsive and meticulous throughout the process. Their team went above and beyond what was expected.

I’m a professor at a medium-sized university in Ontario.

What challenge were you trying to address with XPertVR?

My colleague and I received a grant to developed in-depth VR scenarios relating to the high seas. The experience would show how the high seas would look in a dystopian and utopian future to determine how that affected people’s willingness to care about the environment. We needed an independent contractor to help us build the content.

Since this is a research course, the requirements were high. We had several meetings in the planning stage outlining the scope. After an iterative, collaborative process to optimize the content, they built the experience.

The web client was proprietary to the study. They provided programming and VR content development.

We worked with three or four developers.

How did you come to work with XPertVR?

We had colleagues in the digital humanities who recommended them to us.

It was just under $50,000 Canadian ($35,464 USD).

The project ran from July 2019 to March 2020.

It was our first VR research project, and we thought it was the best-case scenario for how the project would go. It surpassed expectations.

How did XPertVR perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive. They double-checked all requirements and instructions. They were enthusiastic and wanted to deliver a high-level product.

They were always willing to go above and beyond what they contracted to support the project. They spent days with us in the field administering the content as part of a study that they had no obligation to be doing. I’ve been blown away by their dedication.

Nothing comes to mind. I’m developing new grants to work with more VR work in the future.

Don’t hesitate to engage them.

High Seas Virtual Reality Project for University

"The team is responsive, professional and fun to work with!"

Oct. 2019 - Mar. 2020

XpertVR developed two future scenarios of the high seas for a research project. Both scenarios included an above and below water scene.

5,001-10,000 Employees

St. Catharines, Canada
Dr. Jessica Blythe
Assistant Professor, Brock University

XpertVR has received overwhelmingly positive feedback. The research project was successful and the client was able to collect data from it. Their project management style was incredibly effective. They made for a positive and enjoyable experience.

I am an Assistant Professor in the Environmental Sustainability Research Centre at Brock University. Our research is focused on realizing more sustainable futures from local to global.

For what projects/services did your company hire XpertVR?

We are testing whether experiencing a future scenario in VR changes the way people think about the ocean.

They were recommended by a colleague. In addition, they submitted the most competitive proposal for our call.

XpertVR developed two future scenarios of the high seas in the year 2050 for an going research project. Both scenarios included an above and below water scene. The content is spectacular and we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our research participants.

XpertVR is made up of a team of about 6 people. Most of whom were present at all our meetings during the development phase.

We have finished data collection and are analyzing the results. Anecdotal comments on the VR content that XpertVR developed were extremely positive. Research participants made comments including "that was an incredibly eye opening experience", "I would like to stay in the VR environment forever", and "this is really important".

Project management was incredible effective. The team is responsive, professional and fun to work with!

I had access to all team members as they worked to develop the VR content we needed for our research. They were responsive and fun. It was a pleasure working with XpertVR.

Based on my experience with XpertVR, there is nothing to improve on.

VR Classroom Development for University English Department

"XpertVR have been very enthusiastic partners in the entire design and implementation process."

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

XpertVR was hired by a university English professor to conduct a VR teaching experiment. The team is responsible for creating and maintaining a 3D classroom environment within which the professor can teach.

St. Catharine's, Canada
Martin Danahay
Professor, Brock University

The experiment is still underway, so no conclusions can be given at this time. However, as a team, XpertVR offers an excellent partnership. The team is committed to collaboration and responsiveness.

I’m a professor of English at Brock University. I teach a variety of classes, including online classes.

What challenge were you trying to address with XpertVR?

XpertVR provides me with VR support with my online classes, specifically with distance education experiments.

I’ve attempted to use 3D environments in teaching before, but the softwares I’ve used didn’t fit my needs.

XpertVR was able to create a 3D classroom environment, mimicking the room we have face-to-face meetings in. There are chairs, four walls, screens, and a whiteboard my avatar can write on. I conduct classes completely within the environment.

Now, the team provides tech support while the classes are taking place.

I work directly with Josh (Lead Developer) and Evan (Co-Founder). Some other members give support, but they’re my main points of contact.

How did you come to work with XpertVR?

They did a presentation on my campus, and I was impressed with their skills. I thought they were ideal for what I wanted to do, so I reached out.

This project began in September 2018 and is ongoing.

So far, this engagement has been an experiment, so I can’t provide any conclusions. We’re trying to see whether a VR environment adds anything to online education. Right now, it’s as close as we can get to real-life classes without actually being there.

As we ramp up, I’m hopeful to see how XpertVR and I can team up to provide these services to faculty in disability studies and other scenarios that could benefit from a VR classroom.

How did XpertVR perform from a project management standpoint?

The team has been excellent. They’re very responsive. XpertVR have been very enthusiastic partners in the entire design and implementation process. The team has been with me every step of the way.

We communicate mainly through email, though we sometimes chat over Skype. However, they’re on campus, so we often meet in person.

Their readiness to respond immediately and work with me to achieve what I want has been very impressive. XpertVR listens very carefully, and has been great about helping me reach my goals while managing expectations of what’s possible.

No, I’m incredibly satisfied with the way things are going.

Communicate your goals, and they’ll be upfront with you. XpertVR will never promise you anything they can’t do.

VR Experience & Booth Management for Film Premiere

"Their trust in each other was easily instilled in myself and my crew through their easy-going and professional nature."

July - Oct. 2018

XpertVR created an interactive VR experience to promote the premiere of the film Warner Road. Viewers could watch a short video through a headset to experience the movie's horror setting.

Ontario, Canada
Reece Fisher
Creative Director, Instillment

XpertVR proved capable of tackling multiple aspects of the project — from pre-production and filming to stitching scenes together and operating the VR booth at the premiere. They were accommodating throughout the process, implementing client feedback in a timely manner.

Instillment is a multi-media content creation company that services clients all around the world. Founded in 2014, our focuses have grown over many industries including sports, real estate &, commercial. As the Creative Director at Instillment, it is my job to ensure the brand continues to grow in new & innovative ways.

For what projects/services did your company hire XpertVR?

Instillment worked with XpertVR to create an interactive Virtual Reality booth in which guests at the Warner Road Film Premiere could experience to truly immerse themselves in the event.

As with any Virtual Reality project, the goal was to immerse the guest into the world of Warner Road. Our hopes were to create a 2-3minute video which would play through the headset and actually transport the guest into the tunnel (a horror set piece that is based in the Warner Road story).

This would not only prime them for the rest of the evening, including the film, but give them a little jump scare & memorable experience that they will take with them.

I was lucky enough to have met these professional gentlemen on many occasions and they were my first choice when wanting to bring this project to life. I had been keeping up with their work and was very impressed. Not only do they present themselves well in person, but they also do a great job with their social media & digital presence.

The stages of the project included the pre-production stage to plan the idea, the production of actually filming the scene, the post production of stitching the scene together, then finally presenting & operating the VR booth at the film premiere.

On the pre-production end, they were incredibly easy to work with as they took our vision for the scene and put it into tangible terms that they were confident in bringing to life.

Production was great as they brought their equipment and took the role of camera operator. They were comfortable with allowing me to direct the scene, as they understood it was our film and we wanted the scene & story to be accurate. As the 360 VR camera would not allow any other cast, crew or equipment to be in the scene, their problem solving skills with the lighting set up as well as the way they worked with our actors was professional & patient.

On the post-production side of things, I believe we only had 1 round of notes to send them and they executed them perfectly. Again, very easy to work with. As for the actual night of the event, XpertVR came early, setup quick & efficiently, and were very kind & professional with all of our guests.

With over 240 people at the event, many wanted to get the chance to bring themselves into the world of Warner Road and XpertVR did not disappoint. Many guests reached out afterwards to comment on how well done & scary the VR portion of the cocktail hour was. We could not have been more happy with the outcome.

The duo that Evan & Drew bring to XpertVR is a perfect mix of chemistry. From the get go, you realize that they completely trust each other and each of their strengths complement the others. They respect client wishes but are also not afraid to step in and explain why something should be changed or approached in a different manner. Their trust in each other was easily instilled in myself and my crew through their easy-going and professional nature.

The impact of this project built creditability & showed guests that Instillment takes its events & productions very seriously. The positive feedback from all of our guests proved that, and we thank XpertVR in being a part of that.

Project management was a dual duty that was shared by both Instillment & XpertVR. As the scene required one of our actors to be in prosthetics, we had to schedule the day of shooting to be on one of the days when our actor was already in prosthetics.

XpertVR was huge in being flexible, as well as accommodating. Once again, they carried out the project professionally, meeting their timelines perfectly as well as taking our notes & applying them in a timely manner.

The thing I found most impressive about this company is the fact that not only can they deliver on the production side, but can also deliver on the public operation side.

Many companies that we work with are very good at one thing, and only focus on that. XpertVR not only brings their technical knowledge & skills, but also bring a kindness & understanding of people, which should be the basis of any operating business.

In a room full of vendors & people they have never met, they stood out & attracted guests to their VR booth, and left with amazing reviews. This to me impressed me the most, and again, we are grateful to have had them at the event.

There is little to improve. Given all of the situations & how smoothly the project went, there are no critiques from us!

3D VR Environment Build for Market Research Firm

"I was always confident we were on the same page. "

Aug. - Sept. 2019

XpertVR developed a custom environment for an application to test different furniture models.

Toronto, Canada
IT Manager, Market Research Company

XpertVR provided the precise solution requested by their client, maintaining a constant line of communication throughout the project and making changes whenever requested to deliver the perfect final product.

I am an IT manager at a market research company. I am creating VR applications for research.

For what projects/services did your company hire XpertVR?

Build a Custom 3D environment in Unity.

Create a believable and immersive VR experience

Referral through 3rd party

Create a Large space in VR with custom furniture models compatible with VR plugins for Unity.

I worked back and forth with Xpert throughout the dev process. Progress was shared regularly and appropriate changes were made from my feedback.

Solution was developed just as I imagined and on time.

I had an open line of communication throughout dev. I provided clear criteria and Xpert was able to follow these very well.

Xpert was able to quickly make changes to the build in the middle of dev which is appreciated. I was always confident we were on the same page. my vision for the build is on track.

No significant needs for improvement come to mind.

Overall Score Would recommend for anyone looking to develop realistic VR environments