An end to buyer's remorse

Strategic digital marketing consulting, implementation and training for mid-large B2B technology companies.

Specialists in marketing automation strategy and implementation, with a particular focus on HubSpot.

Chatswood, Australia
  • Level 13/465 Victoria Ave
    Chatswood, NSW 2067
    Australia

We work with mid-large B2B technology companies and Government departments.

Key clients include LG, WARDY, Avanade, Xakia, Maestrano, Austrade, Bulletproof.

Digital Marketing & Strategy for IT Firm

"The team from XEN is always timely in their responses, and I certainly feel like a valued client."

June 2016 - Ongoing

XEN Systems offers digital marketing services to an IT firm. The team provides HubSpot maintenance, image sourcing, blog post formatting, email templates, ad campaigns, and social media strategy.

Brisbane, Australia
Michaela Murray
Marketing Manager, WARDY IT Solutions

Recurring revenue has doubled, while both site visits and leads generated have increased. Rapid communication, frequent planning sessions, and proactive issue resolution have made for a seamless partnership. The team’s in-depth knowledge of HubSpot sets them apart from other vendors.

I am the marketing manager at an IT consulting company that’s headquartered in Brisbane. Our company has approximately 70 employees, and we work with organizations across Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and the US. I am responsible for our marketing strategy.

For what projects/services did your company hire XEN Systems?

We partnered with XEN to extend our marketing capabilities and capacity beyond the limitations of a single, in-house marketing employee. We needed both strategic and tactical advice for activities, including website management, design, SEO, online advertising, and HubSpot.

Our relationship with XEN is ongoing, and our goals differ depending on the campaign. Some of the high-level goals we have include optimizing our advertising campaigns to reduce cost and increase success, improving the visit-to-lead ratio for our website, establishing a presence on social media, and maximizing our investment in HubSpot.

WARDY IT Solutions already had an existing relationship with XEN when I started at the company in August 2016. After meeting with the team, I soon realized that WARDY hadn't been making the most of our partnership. For me, I was relieved to hear that they had the experience of working with organizations in our industry and understood the lingo.

The scope varies from project to project but typically entails strategy planning, building HubSpot pages, creating email templates and lead lists, sourcing images, formatting blog posts, building HubSpot reports, managing social accounts, creating content, and implementing advertising campaigns.

I work very closely with a digital specialist who then coordinates the work required with the wider team. For more strategic projects or work outside of our monthly retainer, we will typically work with the digital specialist and XEN’s technical director.

Since we’ve started working with XEN, we’ve almost doubled our recurring revenue customer base. Visits to the site are up and so are leads. Clients and partners have commented on the quality of our site and enjoy our monthly newsletters. We now make use of HubSpot in ways that we didn't think possible following our initial investment.

We use Slack for 80% of our communication with XEN. This informal approach helps us communicate more and stay on top of projects. We use email or Zoom for in-depth communication and rarely feel the need to meet face-to-face.

The team from XEN is always timely in their responses, and I certainly feel like a valued client. We have a combination of strategy planning sessions and regular catch ups with XEN to discuss the progress of projects.

I was blown away by their knowledge of HubSpot. HubSpot has become the backbone of our sales and marketing activities. Without XEN, I don't think we would be at the point we are today. They’ve taught us how to maximize our investment and shown us alternative ways to use HubSpot that we didn't know possible.

Secondly, I’m very impressed with the team members. Tara (Digital Specialist, XEN Systems) is both proactive and intelligent. She often knows what we are trying to achieve before we do and preemptively addresses problems before they occur.

Going forward, I see our relationship with XEN continuing to positively evolve. I would like to focus on building a stronger brand, with brand guidelines and standardized processes. Overall, we are happy with our partnership and highly recommend XEN to other organizations.

XEN is great at scheduling even though we aren't. I think this will improve as we standardize our processes.
    XEN often gets things right the first time without relying on a detailed brief.
    We already have!