An Unparalleled Blend of Art and Engineering

Bronze

Wve Labs is a mobile app development company focused on providing an end-to-end solution, including ideation, development, and marketing. The Wve team is young, dynamic, and has an abundance of experience working with a full spectrum of project types and sizes. At Wve we pride ourselves on speed, affordability, and communication. Our developers are extremely well versed in their technical backgrounds, and our global presence allows us to work quickly and effectively with clients.

We go above and beyond to meet and exceed every client’s needs and expectations.

Los Angeles, CA
  • 448 S Hill St
    Los Angeles, CA 90013

Sony Entertainment, Honda, Maui Jim, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, J Crew, SunStream, Crave On Campus, Autopreme, Vizi, Pairi, Com-Power, Tick Tock, Krew Sports, Beauty Chemistry, Leadr, Compatible Electronics, LG, Westin Hotels and Resorts

Sony Liv

Sony Entertainment App with over 100 Million Downloads!

Maui Jim

Sony Entertainment

Tick Tock

Vizi App

Web and Mobile App Dev for Parking Platform

“They don't only want our apps to succeed, but they also want our business to succeed.”

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

Wve Labs built an iOS app and a website, managing both the design and the development. The app enables property owners to connect with drivers and offer them used parking spaces.

Ethan Glass
CEO & Co-Founder, Parq Inc.

The app hasn’t launched yet, but the in-house team has already been able to present it to investors. Wve Labs goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise and ability to guide the process make them a reliable partner.

I'm the CEO and co-founder of Parq Inc.. We built a marketplace where property owners can rent out parking spaces to drivers in a cheaper, faster and more reliable way than traditional parking. The property owners can make passive income while the drivers receive the best parking experience possible.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

We wanted to solve a parking problem, so we were looking to create an app that would enable property owners to offer drivers an opportunity to park in their unused parking spaces. We needed a vendor to help us turn our idea into reality.

Wve Labs designed and developed an iOS app and a website for us, managing both the front- and the backend development. We designed the website, which they are integrating for us soon. They used PHP, SQL, and some other technologies for development. We also plan to build an Android version of the app.

We've worked with their project manager in India and another project manager in Los Angeles. We've also worked with their QA team. Wve is a very collaborative team where each of them add their own value and insight.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

We knew their CEO personally.

We've spent less than $50,000.

We started working with them in June 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

It's still work in progress, but we've already shown their builds to our investors and clients. We're very excited to get the final product.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and have strong communication skills. Whenever we have a question, they're quick to answer it.

They don't only want our apps to succeed, but they also want our business to succeed. They allow us to do work at their office and they help us interact with our clients. They've created a very nice culture of many passionate people working together.

Not really. They're growing rapidly and I hope they'll continue to grow.

Go into the project with a collaborative approach and treat them like a partner. They have a lot of experience with various technologies, so they'll help you turn your vision into reality.

E-Commerce App for Engineering Company

"They had an impeccable ability to understand my vision."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

To streamline sales processes, Wve Labs developed an e-commerce app that linked to a pre-existing website. The app features expedited transaction processing, real-time tracking and updates, and a better UI/UX.

Project Manager, Engineering Testing Company

Using straightforward, efficient communication and workflow, Wve Labs delivered a product that facilitates an extensive list of time-sensitive sales tasks. The team’s in-depth understanding of the project’s specific needs allowed them to present complex information in a clear, user-friendly way.

We are an electromagnetic compatibility / electromagnetic interference testing and consulting firm that provides professional engineering services and equipment in all areas of electromagnetic compatibility and safety. I am a project manager for internal projects that target sales growth.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wve Labs?

We hired Wve Labs to build an e-commerce app designed to improve the experience and efficiency of our sales process.

Our goals were to enhance our client experience and streamline our company’s entire sales process, specifically quote processing.

We selected Wve Labs using Clutch’s “Top Los Angeles App Developers.” We submitted inquiries to the top 10 companies, but Wve Labs had the most competitive price and timeline.

Essentially, I asked Wve Labs to convert our existing website to an e-commerce app. On the website, client quote requests and transactions may take days to complete; the app allows them to view prices, browse equipment and services, schedule testing times, order, pay, and review past purchases all in one place. I provided Wve Labs with our logo, desired colors, and examples of e-commerce apps I liked and they took the design from there. In addition to product listings, I requested tabs for detailed descriptions and a blog page. Developed for both Android and iOS, the app is also synched with our website, where customers can learn more about the equipment they are purchasing, track orders, access a payment portal, and build a user profile.

I first worked with a project analyst to build out the scope. For the remainder of the project, I communicated solely with a project manager.

The app accomplished both of our goals. Because it is synched with our pre-existing website, all orders are tracked and inventory updated in real time. Though we are finishing some of the setup before going live, we anticipate our customer base to use the app for all purchases. We expect our sales to rise with the improved client experience and our internal sales and inventory teams are looking forward to the more streamlined tracking system.

The workflow was awesome—streamlined, simple, and efficient. There were actually times my project manager would remind me to prioritize requested feedback. All communication took place via Skype with direct, good quality calls, which eliminated the need for additional emails. Incredibly dedicated and supportive, the team met all expectations with communication, management, and scheduling that was swift and thorough. Although the app is a few weeks away from completion, the project moved smoothly from start to finish for four months with no delay.

I was impressed with their UI/UX; I didn't make a single change to any of the designs. I understand this is probably pretty rare, but both the project analyst and project manager fully understood our company’s engineering and e-commerce needs. They had an impeccable ability to understand my vision. The app conveys complicated information in a very simple, understandable way, which is exactly what we wanted. Their price point is the most competitive in the market and their high-energy sales teams are fun and easy to work with. Our product is nearly complete, but it feels as if barely any time has passed.

Wve Labs has a solid development formula. While I am sure there are a variety of ways things are completed in the app development space, Wve Labs could not have done anything better. I am more than satisfied with the end product.

Overall Score They are an outstanding tech development company.
    The scheduling has been easy.
    They offered the most competitive pricing I could find.
    Their quality surpassed my expectations.
    I am extremely likely to refer them. We are already doing another project with them as well.

Design & Development for Project Management App

"Their understanding of our vision and knowledge of app design were very impressive."

Dec. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Wve Labs led the design and development of a project management application for both iOS and Android platforms for keeping client interactions, work progress, and more all in one place.

Lead Project Engineer, AccuTest Systems

The delivered app surpassed expectations and gets nothing but good feedback from project managers. Wve Labs was easy to work with, supportive, and maintained consistent communication throughout the project. They’re a top-notch and affordable vendor and plans for a new collaboration are underway.

I’m a project manager at AccuTEST Systems. We’re experts in designing specialized valve-testing systems that utilize our industry-leading, automated lift assist device. We serve clients all around the world to ensure that their equipment is reliable, functional, and safe. I work with biomedical engineering companies as well, which is why I created this app.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wve Labs?

We hired them to build us an internal project management app through which we could easily keep track of project progress and records.

Our main goal was to create a seamless and efficient organization and communication platform for our project managers and engineers.

We searched online for app development companies and Wve Labs appealed to us the most for their youthful enthusiasm, timely communication, and their price. We wanted a team with a global presence as well.

I worked with a project analyst in describing our vision for our app; she was very articulate and conveyed our vision well to the business analysts who created the scope of work.

Their graphic designers and developers did an excellent job at creating our app, which is for both iOS and Android platforms. It's a communication and project management platform that allows biomedical engineers to interact with their clients, keep records of progress on projects, and consult/connect with experts in their field. We wanted all of this information to be kept in one place, which is what the app accomplishes.

I worked with a project analyst and was assigned a project manager as well. In addition to that, we had two developers and one graphic designer on board.

The project managers that are using this app have given only positive feedback. The app is functional and well designed.

The workflow was extremely smooth and we communicated regularly through Skype. They were responsive, understanding, and helpful throughout the entire process.

Wve Labs went above and beyond at every stage of the development of our app. Their understanding of our vision and knowledge of app design were very impressive. We’re already discussing working together on another project.

The timelines for each milestone were often subject to change but Wve Labs truly committed and delivered per our established deadlines.

Overall Score Wve Labs will execute your vision and deliver a product that’s better than what you initially envisioned.
    They’re consistent and easy to work with.
    They were right for our budget thanks to their lower rates.
    We were thoroughly impressed and satisfied.
    I have already been referring them!

Mobile App Dev for Notification Platform

"My experience with Wve Labs from the beginning to the present day has been nothing short of outstanding."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Wve Labs designed and developed an Android mobile app aimed at using extant calendar data to mute notifications and send automated messages. They are in discussions to create an iOS version.

Andrew Daidone
Founder, TheNow

Due to efficient communication and a friendly demeanor, the overall development experience was a success and produced a MVP of excellent quality. Having their developers largely located overseas was never an issue and all deadlines were met, and the testing of the app is going well.

I am the founder of TheNow, which is a new application designed to help its users eliminate digital distraction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

I contracted them in order to build an Android mobile application from the ground up based on my concept and design.

When I first approached Wve Labs, I had nothing other than an idea – they have been involved from the start of the project. They had a lot of input on color scheme, logo, and overall user interface, combined with my own instructions and feedback. The basic concept of TheNow was to help its users regain focus by preventing their distraction through phone notifications. The app is designed to ingest the user’s calendar and other related “busy” data and determine when they have a commitment or event. During the time when a user is scheduled to be occupied, the app will prompt the user to enable TheNow and thereby eliminate notifications. It also provides the option to send a custom text message or email to respond automatically during that set time block.

The hope is for Wve Labs to help me develop an iOS version later, once we have completed the development and launch of the Android app. As of now, the minimum viable product has been completed and we are in a controlled testing phase. They have offered to help with sales and marketing to boost product awareness within the market, but we have not had those conversations yet because I want to limit the current user base.

My immediate team included three people: Dave Shah [CEO, Wve Labs]; Arjun Dundoo, who functioned as my account point person [Project Analyst, Wve Labs]; and Saransh Sharma, who was our lead product developer.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

I sent out a request for proposals, focusing on companies that were located in Los Angeles. As a result of the RFP, I spoke to about six different companies. Ultimately, I chose Wve because they gave me a very human response to my initial message, and it felt like they genuinely believed in the product that I wanted to build. Their cost quote was also much more reasonable than the other proposals I reviewed.

So far, I have invested roughly US$20,000.

We began our collaboration in March of 2017, and the work is still ongoing.

Because the app is still at the testing stage, we do not yet have any kinds of metrics to demonstrate the impact of their work. So far, the app has been bug free and works smoothly in all tests, which indicates to me that the code is well written. From a design standpoint, I have received nothing but great feedback.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication within our specific pod and developmental team was well done, executed with detail but in a straightforward way. Their project management overall was effective, and they were very accommodating with my tight schedule. The fact that I work another full-time job has meant that their flexibility was essential. We communicated predominantly using both email and Skype, since a number of their employees work offshore. They sent me updates on the app as new steps were completed, and the general feedback loop was completed with very little drag. There is always going to be last minute changes with this type of work and no project ever perfectly adheres to a predicted timeline, but they did an exceptional job of both sticking to their plans and managing expectations. My experience with Wve Labs from the beginning to the present day has been nothing short of outstanding.

They took a genuine interest in my idea and they made me feel very comfortable working with them. I greatly appreciated their efficiency and honesty, particularly how clear they were about what was possible versus what was not. The overall communication from their end was excellent throughout the entire developmental process. As a company, Wve Labs is a little younger and a little less experienced, but what they lack in experience, they make up for in true hunger and passion for the projects on which they work. In the end, I think that attitude makes for a better product.

As exceptional as my experience with them has been, I would recommend that for future projects, they try to delve more deeply into a product at the beginning of the work. That will allow them to provide more suggestions early on and plan ahead a little better.

Do not be dissuaded from working with Wve Labs simply because they have a lot of developers working overseas. Even though sometimes their work hours are not ideal, the quality certainly outweighs any inconvenience from a timing standpoint.

Native Mobile App Dev for Virtual Art Portfolio

“As an artist, I’m blown away by the quality of their designs… They’ve completely surpassed my expectations.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Wve Labs is creating a virtual space where a fine artist can display and sell existing work and negotiate commissions. The finished product will be native Android and iOS apps.

Sole Proprietor

Connecticut
Fine Artist & Painter

They present a strong community, and a culture of customer satisfaction. They listen to feedback, and are quick to make changes to design. Supportive and communicative, they take ownership of their projects.

I am a fine artist, and the principal painter for my business. I am the sole proprietor, and most of my clients are on the East Coast.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

I wanted a virtual space where people could view my finished work, view pricing, auctions, and other options for purchase, and to commission new works. I wanted the site to grow my client base without making them travel to a physical gallery.

I am not very technologically savvy, but they did an incredible job explaining the development process. They built me a scope of work and have stayed within my budget. We’ve just finished the UI/UX design and integration.

They’re developing native mobile apps for both Android and iOS. I work in a very specific niche market, so I do my own self-marketing, but their marketing package is really awesome. I’m thinking about whether to use that offering.

After my initial inquiry, I was assigned Steven Gerry [Senior Associate, Wve Labs] who operated as my project analyst. The whole team is about eight people.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

I Googled app development companies, and theirs offered the lowest hourly rate. That was my initial reason for contacting them.

My budget is around $80,000.

We started working together in November 2017. We’ve finished about 50% of the development, and work is ongoing.

As an artist, I’m blown away by the quality of their designs and their color choices. They’ve completely surpassed my expectations. Being in touch with the developers, analysts, and project managers has shown me their strong community and culture of customer satisfaction. When I wasn’t crazy about the colors for one of the screens they showed me, they listened to my feedback and quickly turned around with a new design.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They were awesome. They’ve met every milestone on time, if not early. We communicate mostly through Skype. Any time I have a concern or need an update, I can post in our shared group, and usually get a response within 10–15 minutes.

I’m completely overwhelmed by the design. They’re so quick to communicate, and I know they’re always there for me. They supported me, and they treated my project as their own. They are completely committed, which feels amazing as a client.

Honestly, no. I can’t think of anything.

I would 100%, recommend them to anyone.

They usually complete work before the dates they quote, ahead of deadlines.
    They were, by far, the most affordable and timely option I looked into. No other company matched them for cost or scheduling.
    They offer great quality service. They’re reliable and communicative.

Dev for Tourism Mobile App

"The politeness and eagerness they showed in completing this project was amazing."

Wve helped develop an Android and iOS app for planning travel activities, an extension of an existing online service. They also integrated various booking and payment APIs, and continue to provide updates.

Dubai, UAE
Aftab Ali
CEO, Explore Dubai

The app, which is live in app stores, garners positive feedback and is resulting in revenue as well as hotel partnerships. Wve excels in UX and UI, and while they could improve in terms of frequent communication and presenting a clear portfolio, they met deadlines and were ultimately effective.

Explore Dubai is a hospitality and tourism industry company. We have been functioning for 5 years in Dubai, UAE. We provide hotel booking services to tourists and visitors. We pick them up and drop them off, get them a prepackaged, planned stay over here, and help them plan all kinds of end-to-end activities whether they’re here with their family, individually, or for business purposes. We started off in Dubai initially and expanded to the rest of the Emirates. I’m one of the co-founders and the CEO. I make all the financial and operational decisions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve?

We went online a couple of years ago and the response was great. We decided to have an application developed to further our reach.

The app, Explore Dubai, is an aggregation of all the activities and all the verticals we have in our business. It starts from hotel booking. Right now, we have done the hotel booking only in Dubai.

We are currently doing the beta testing; it will be live on the stores very soon. The user can register and they can book activities around Dubai, like going to the malls or doing the safari in the desert. There are hundreds of activities that they can choose from. There’s also a planner, so they have control of everything. They can choose all the dates that they’re there. They can choose what activities. They’ll be given the approximate amount of time that it takes to do a certain activity and how it can fit into their schedule when they’re here.

The app can also preplan everything for them according to their likes and dislikes; we fetch that from Facebook and various other channels if they choose to do that. It would create a preplanned schedule and then they can edit all any of it. Once they are happy with the plan on the app, they can press a button and everything will be booked for them straightaway through us. We’ll be giving them confirmation emails for each of the activities that they’re choosing on the app.

It's also a social network. They can take pictures for whatever activities they are doing or places they’re visiting and post it, automatically sharing to their Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, or Twitter. That’s the first version of our app, which has already been developed. They’ll be coming up with more upgrades soon.

The app is iOS and Android. We have a KPM [Klarnas payment methods] API integration. We used some third-party APIs for calendars and hotel booking. One of the APIs we integrated is booking.com—that’s how we get to know all the hotels and the details.

The best part is they have this entire team in L.A. and they give us a dedicated project coordinator. Zach [Regional Manager, Wve] was one of our project coordinators. He was the first contact when we approached them. He produced the scope, we negotiated with him, and he was prompt in responding. We were already comfortable talking with him.

Once the project was started, we handed the entire thing over to a project manager, who did a good job. In one exceptional case, when we were not able to explain to them one of the designs, they put us in direct contact with their lead designer and we were able to explain to them exactly what we wanted. Apart from that instance, we had one project manager talking to us all the time.

How did you come to work with Wve?

I reached out to Clutch. Wve was 1 of the 4 companies I reached out to.

$45,000

We started working together in February 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The first version of our project has been successfully uploaded and is live in the app stores. I’m associated with a lot of hotels and hotel groups, and there are a lot of guests coming around this time of the year. Whenever there’s a family staying at a hotel, they are offered the beta test version as a part of their check-in process. We currently have around 200 people who have already done the planning and the activity booking through the app. It has been wonderful. People are really appreciating it because it is easing the entire process by scheduling everything automatically. Then they just have to drag and adjust everything according to their time in the area. It has been amazing. A couple of big brand hotels have been really interested in partnering with us because the guests are giving exceptional feedback about the app.

The entire point of beta testing was to figure out some UI and UX bugs, which have definitely popped up. We’ve already sent it to the Wve team to rectify them. And, we’ve already made around $6,000 worth of bookings just through the beta testing. This is highly subsidized because we are giving out a lot of promotional discounts and we also have to give commissions to the hotel partners. It has been a good response so far.

How did Wve perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the main issues with Dubai is that communication can be a bit tricky, because Skype doesn’t always work properly due to government restrictions, so we only use that occasionally. We use Slack for discussions. For calling, we use Team Buildr because that works well.

Communication has been good. There were times we weren’t aware of what was going on, and it would’ve been better if we were told about what’s happening on the project at least every couple of days. There were no other issues there, but that’s what I would’ve preferred. The timing was right; they did everything on schedule. The communication just wasn’t as frequent as I wanted.

Their UI is most impressive. They are a young and enthusiastic team. I like that because the technologies we’re using requires that kind of attention and interest, which comes with a younger crowd.

Their UI and their designs were the first impression they made on our team. The design is really great, and they give really proper attention to how the end user would like to use the app. That perspective really makes sense to me. I couldn’t find a single flaw in the designs they provided. The politeness and eagerness they showed in completing this project was amazing.

They can improve their portfolio. They have a lot of experience and have done a lot of apps, and they showed me a lot of their work, but before I got in touch with them, I didn’t know if they had any past projects in our industry. Once I got in touch with them, however, everything was smooth.

Scheduling was perfect. The only delays that happened were because of the changes that I requested. They did everything on time.
    The ratio is better than the other companies we were looking at. Their cost is the range we were looking at and their quality was exceptional. It’s what we expect from bigger studios.
    Deliverables were really good. The app is impressive; it works really well. The bugs were all sorted out in the support period. The end product was really amazing, so I’m happy.
    Definitely. We have recommended them to a couple of our hotel partners because they’re also looking at developing their individual, standalone apps. They may soon be approaching Wve for their product as well.

iOS Mobile App Dev for Promotional Products Business

"Their communication was clear and they met deadlines."

Jan. - May 2017

Wve Labs developed an e-commerce, iOS mobile app with tracking and ordering features for internal use. The app uploads Adobe design files available for transfer between parties and printers.

Los Angeles Metro Area, California
President, Desinus

The app helped decrease backlogging, speed up transactions, and open clearer paths of communication with vendors. Despite occasionally missed deadlines, Wve Labs met the final target launch date while providing continuous updates and quality work.

My company is Desinus. We do print and apparel and can do the actual designs if the clients need them to be created. We have wholesale deals with companies like Vineyard Designs, Nike, Under Armour, Comfort Colors, Next Level, etc. We also work with big organizations, like Greek Societies around the US, that submit large orders for banners and such, all at pretty low-cost rates. We then send their orders to our printers around California.

I’m the co-founder and president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

We wanted an easier, internal way to deal with vendors in terms of completing orders and tracking where our products were. We also wanted to manage our printing process in terms of loading AI [Adobe Illustrator] files directly to them.

Wve Labs built an internal e-commerce iOS mobile app which allows us to message with vendors, track how much product is coming in, and what orders we have going out and through which ambassador. We’re now able to see if we’ll run out of t-shirts before the orders go out. The app also helps us know what is going to what printer, and how close the order is to completion. There are also profile features for our internal employees.

There was a development team along with a project manager. My primary contact was the project manager and the CEO. There was also a project analyst.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

We Googled the best developers in Los Angeles. Their office was close to us, so it made sense for us to choose them and be able to easily go there to catch up on things. The project worked fluidly in person versus other developers we considered that seemed stale.

We spent $45,000 on the project.

We started working with them in January 2017, and the app was completed in May 2017.

Our product isn’t super intense or design heavy, but it does everything we need it to. There’s nothing to complain about. The app made our lives easier and we stopped backlogging orders. It’s easier for ambassadors to file their orders directly to me and upload their Adobe designs right to the printer. It has helped speed up our transactions.

I was able to measure their success by talking to the project manager, and seeing whether or not he could give me what was done that day. They pretty much always matched the scope we had. If they were behind, things were caught up the next week. In the end, the timeline lined up how we wanted it to.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication was clear and they met deadlines. I have friends that have complained about not having good communication with developers. It seemed pretty easy for us. We communicated via Skype and there was always someone available from the group 24/7. They were able to keep us updated on the progress.

When I went to their office, their culture was awesome. They get things done quickly. They didn’t make it a boring process or make me feel that I wouldn’t be able to call them to find out what was going on. I could be real with them. If I thought something was not done well, they would fix it. They were great to work with.

There were a couple times where a feature was behind in development, but it was usually caught up the next week. They did what we wanted and made it easy for us.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

When we first looked at them, their portfolio didn’t seem that heavy. We were relying on a couple of things they had done, how they ran things, and how knowledgeable they were. I would tell other companies that are looking at their portfolio to trust that the work will get done correctly. It was a seamless transition. I would recommend using the Skype group. If you wait two weeks to check in with the project manager and you don’t like it, then you’re going to be upset. They’re available almost 24/7. Let them do the screen sharing on Skype so you can see what things look like. Most companies won’t let you do that twice a week like they do.

Be fast on your side as well. We gave them anything they needed right away, which sped up the process. Things get backlogged if the client isn’t giving them what they need. Make it easier for Wve Labs and you’ll be happy with your product.

Overall Score I base this on my previous comments.
    We were most impressed by how available they were.
    We were skeptical at first and then we talked to them in person, which helped us understand what they would be doing. They charged $30 per hour which is cheaper than anyone else we talked to.
    It does all the functions we need. Our project wasn’t that tricky of a buildout, but I don’t think that makes it lower quality.
    I definitely would.

Development of Educational Consulting App

"They’re exactly what a service provider should be."

Jan. - June 2017

Wve Labs created an internal student-processing app for iOS and Android, offering professional UI/UX design and full-scale development. They now provide support and feature additions based on user feedback.

Ahmedabad, India
Manager & Content Strategist, Education Consultation Firm

The finished solution currently supports over 1,500 registered students, many of whom have shared positive responses and ideas for enhancements. Wve Labs’ continuous suggestions, thorough explanations of each technical component, and insight into the target market make the partnership enjoyable.

We’re an educational consulting firm preparing students for foreign education coaching and offering career counseling. Due to some issues with premier U.S.-based universities, our goal is to streamline the educational process using technology.

My role involves managing projects and searching for new possibilities to bring about necessary educational reform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

Student processing, especially foreign student intake, is a largely ignored part of the education industry in terms of applying technologies for student benefit.

Individual universities have their own technologies in place, but those still don’t address the difficulties that students face when applying to multiple universities (which is often the case).

We wanted to streamline this process through a single informational platform that would help our students and internal members to stay in touch with information and notifications through an app. I can’t share more details since this internal app is exclusive to our students. We are potentially the first firm in our region to offer such a product, and we would like it to stay that way for a long time.

Our scope included UI/UX design and complete development of Android and iPhone apps with associated web services. They explained the technology behind each task, strategized our app flow, and handled the development. They also incorporated weekly feedback from us. Their free support period spanned 2 months, and this process is still going smoothly.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

We found Wve Labs through Clutch and approached them via email. They were quick to respond, and we really liked their no-nonsense process. In addition to being cost-effective, they are also UI-oriented and offer impressive designs. They understood our target market—students—and tailored their entire development cycle around it. That’s exactly what we were looking for.

The project was going to last 4 months, but we’ve extended it by a couple months due to new feature discussions and Wve Labs' suggestions.

More than 1,500 of our registered students are already using the apps, and they are happy with the product. They’ve already started suggesting new features, which we are looking to adopt in the second phase of planning.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Wve Labs definitely covered everything in our original scope and went the extra mile to suggest some necessary features that we hadn’t explored. Since we wanted good quality, the timing wasn’t as important to us. They delivered most things according to the schedule, but we prefer quality over haste.

What did you find most impressive about Wve Labs?

Wve Labs constantly offers consultation, which is the best part of working with them. They continuously challenged our ideas and suggested improvements. They’re exactly what a service provider should be.

Are there any areas Wve Labs could improve?

They could fix their website, which really doesn’t showcase their abilities. I think they’re prioritizing meeting clients’ needs over keeping up with their in-house work. I assume they already know that, but I think they should take their site to the next level, and many of my colleagues agree.

Overall Score We’re proud to be associated with Wve Labs. Our partnership has taught us so much.
    We knew that achieving high quality would take time, so we gave them some flexibility. The results were extraordinary, although they came a few weeks later than we anticipated.
    The quoted price was within our budget.
    Their excellence was evident from the first screens we reviewed.
    I’ll definitely recommend them, and we plan to send more work their way soon.

Mobile App Dev for Sports Fan Social Platform

"They’re great…. I wish we had come to them earlier."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

When the previous developers went out of business, Wve Labs stepped in to finish the front & backend development of the client's iOS & Android app, including livestream capabilities.

JaTaun Brazile
Co-Founder, SportsYap

Competitive pricing and adherence to schedule set Wve Labs apart from other companies. The team, led by a dedicated project manager, is smart, innovative, and flexible. Communication is prompt and comprehensive.

I’m one of the co-founders of SportsYap, a business that provides an interactive sports application for fans. We built the app to engage and provide a space for sports fans that lives outside of your typical Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat arenas. We started a little over a year ago.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

Our app design was already in place, and the developers we were using went out of business. We reached out to Wve Labs because we were literally in the middle of a mess. We had a half finished product and no one to work with. A lot of companies don’t want to work with someone else’s design.

They focused on the backend development, but they made edits to the frontend design as well. For the additional features that we added after the fact, they did do the full design. They’re doing the full design for our landing page, and they put a little bit of their own flair into that. One of the key features of the app that they developed is game following. Fans can follow a particular game and see the different pictures and comments from people who are physically at the game. The only thing that will come up on their timeline will be team-focused content from other fans or the thousands of sports reporters we’re connected with. There’s one feature where you can live stream different places from the game, etc. The app is developed for iOS and Android.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

We found them searching for development companies on Google. We chose them because they were able to meet with us immediately since we were in a crunch. We met with them on a rainy Sunday, and they all came out. Their prices were also pretty competitive.

About $25,000.

We started working with them February 2017 and have been working together since.

It’s very user friendly. It’s unique and doesn’t feel like a copy of another social media app. It’s fresh and definitely sports-focused. When we’ve shared demos with sports fans, they love it and are waiting for it to launch.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. They gave us a designated project manager, and we meet periodically for status updates, which the other company did not do. The owner has been active and responds to emails, and we can definitely reach out to him. When you can contact the owner and get an email right back, that’s always a good sign. We also communicate via phone, but our primary communication tool with our project manager is Skype. There was a bit of a language barrier with Sarong [Project Manager, Wve Labs], but they’ve always jumped in, and it’s been really awesome. When we met, we went over every little item that we had in place, and they were able to take over everything we had. They mapped out the process of what they were going to do, stuck close to their projected timelines, and they’ve been really flexible with last minute requests. They’ve been good about referring us to other companies for different technology that they need to integrate within the app.

What distinguishes Wve Labs from other providers?

They’re young, smart, innovative, and flexible. I wish we had come to them earlier. They were honest and flexible and basically bailed us out of our situation. They were able to take over the design we had, and if there was additional design needed, they would give us their input.

Is there anything Wve Labs could have improved or done differently?

Not that I can think of.

They have stuck to the timeline. They only delays were probably due to our changes.
    Their pricing is really affordable. They’re not trying to rob anybody. I found that a lot of app developers overcharge $50,000 or $80,000, and you get the same product.
    I have recommended them before.

iOS Development for Mobile Portfolio Application

"From their design team to their efficiency and pricing, to their care of customers, Wve Labs is unparalleled."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Wve Labs developed and designed a financial iOS app for internal use by a multi-asset investor. Their work included features like new company profiles, investment amounts, and reports of other key information.

Managing Director, Investment Firm

Wve Labs stands out in their ability to realize visions. The team is highly reliable, flexible, and quick to deliver creatively on both the design and development sides. Wve Labs has great project management and customer service, providing free support and fixes months after the end of a project.

We are a Los Angeles-based multi-asset class investor that invests in assets globally. We have invested in a plethora of industries such as real estate and venture capital. We specialize in investing in growth companies. I am the Managing Director, and I find and approve all investments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wve Labs?

I wanted to create an internal financial app for iOS. The app would only be used by me and the people working for me. There is not a challenge, but instead an opportunity to invest in growing companies and entities. The target market is whatever investment we see fit, in any asset class.

One of the project analysts emailed me the same day I reached out to them. We talked on the phone a couple days after that, and he explained their company to me. I really liked their company story and the analyst that I was talking to. I scheduled an in-person meeting to go over the requirements for the app. They took the idea to someone internally, and I got a scope of work two days later which outlined all the features I wanted, how long each would take, and how much each would cost. The proposal also gave me the total cost, final timeline, and other important details.

One thing that stood out to me is that they offered two months of technical support after the app is built. If there are any bugs, they would fix them free. Most of the other companies I spoke to didn’t do that. After I agreed to hire them, they connected me to a project manager. I was put into a group chat with that project analyst, and I liked that because it kept him involved in the whole process. The group chat included the project analyst, the project manager, one of the regional managers, the CTO, and the CEO. It surprised me to have that much involvement from upper management. I didn’t have as much interaction with the CTO and CEO but it was nice that they were involved.

The app is still being built. The design phase is done and the coding is 50% complete. The app organizes a lot of my investments. The home page has six major functions including one that’s a financial summary that breaks down my financial reports. It also includes my individual funds including my investments in startups. It breaks down how much I invested and the key information for the companies I’m invested in. There’s another folder that breaks the companies down into contacts, pictures of each person, and information about the company. When a company sends me updates, it all gets pushed into that folder.

How did you come to work with Wve Labs?

I was introduced to Wve Labs by a personal connection and was blown away by their entire process. From their design team to their efficiency and pricing, to their care of customers, Wve Labs is unparalleled to the other technology companies I interviewed and have worked with.

They have a young team that is just as excited as you are to get the project going. They saw my vision and knew exactly what I wanted after explaining it to them once. For such a high end product, their prices were lower than most of the people I looked at. They handed me a scope of work which outlines the timeline, cost and other important details of the project that was easy to understand and clear.

How much have you invested with Wve Labs?

The project cost is between $10,000 and $50,000.

I started working with them in March 2017 and the work is ongoing. The projected timeline for this project is 4 months.

I needed a logo as well as a complete design. I told the project manager the colors I wanted and it was incredible to see what they presented to me two days later. There were six different options and there was one that really stuck out to me. We made a couple of iterations, but I was expecting it to take longer than it did. The screens were also done quickly with very few iterations. I was surprised how fast they could create stunning designs for my app.

How did Wve Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They have hit all the deadlines so far. I had a few minor changes within my app, and I was not charged for it, which I really appreciated. I had the personal phone number of the regional manager and project analyst.

A very unique thing was I always had someone to contact. Whether I woke up at 3 a.m. and had an idea or wanted to speak in the middle of the day, someone was always there to discuss my ideas with me.

We used Skype group chat, and I could message them or call them whenever I needed to. I’m in LA and Wve Labs has an office in LA. I was able to meet with my project analyst in person which was really nice. The entire process was managed by the service provider, from initial meetings to development. They truly deliver end-to-end solutions.

What did you find most impressive about Wve Labs?

The most impressive thing was how fast they could buy into and see my vision. Sometimes what you want gets miscommunicated, but with Wve Labs, all it took was one phone call and they knew what I wanted and presented me with what I wanted. I’m not the most technical person and I would consider technology complex. It was cool how quickly they picked up on what I wanted to see in my app.

Are there any areas Wve Labs could improve?

I don’t have any major complaints.

Overall Score Overall great experience working with Wve Labs. From the initial meetings to the design phase, to the integration, Wve Labs exceeded my expectations.
    They were available when I needed to meet or talk on the phone.
    I was quoted lower than the other companies I looked at.
    They deliver what I ask for. After discussing with my project manager what I envision, he takes it and builds on it.
    I would and have already referred friends to Wve Labs.

Bronze