Onshore development teams powered by Codebots

WorkingMouse is a software development agency based in Australia. We specialise in cloud-based solutions for web and mobile. Unlike other development companies we partner with our customers by guiding and supporting them on their journey to build software that impacts their world. WorkingMouse’s unique value proposition is the Codebots platform. It utilises bots to write code alongside our local project teams.

This saves our partners time and money while empowering our project team to deliver the intended software solution. We have 10 agile certified project teams ready to deliver software exclusively on the Codebots platform.

Brisbane, Australia
  • Brisbane 4000
    Australia

Department of Defence. Queensland Government. Carelynx. Gevity. Safework Pro. Octfolio. Enhancea. Unilodge.

Custom Development for Payment Solutions Company

“It’s had 100% satisfaction—everyone said that it was a very easy application to use.”

Dec. 2016 - Jan. 2017

WorkingMouse developed a custom software solution in a very short timeframe, scoping out the requirements and then building the Software-as-a-Service platform.

Milton, Australia
Founder, Sales Payment Solutions

The completed solution received widespread positive feedback, with 100% of users finding the application easy to use. WorkingMouse managed both in-person and remote interactions professionally and smoothly, providing regular updates about the workflow and its progress.

Sales Payment Solutions makes it easier for companies to do business with each other by providing a new payment option for customers. I’m the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with WorkingMouse?

I had the opportunity to bring on a substantial client, which required building a software solution on a short timeframe. In the longer term, that solution would enable me to grow the business.

The initial process started with scoping my requirements and understanding the timeframe. The software itself was basic in terms of usability and functionality, relative to WorkingMouse’s other projects. One of our requirements was to incorporate five different pricing models. The client wouldn’t be able to see those, but, depending on what they were selecting, they would be directed to the right pricing model.

Another key requirement was setting up an efficient internal process. Once an application got to a certain stage, I could automatically redirect it to a third-party provider on the backend, without adding another layer of processing on my side.
The previous version was a web-based portal. They developed the new one as a Software-as-a-Service solution, which will enable me to white-label it in the future quite easily.

I was in contact with a project manager and the head of development. I also worked with a layout and functionality designer, and with a developer.

How did you come to work with WorkingMouse?

I was talking to one of their investors about a different matter and mentioned that I was considering building an app. That person put me in touch with them and I was impressed with their capabilities and previous work. They were able to complete the project in three weeks, compared to the five-to-nine-month estimate I was given by other providers.

The approximate cost of the project was AU$20,000 [$15,000 USD]. Given that the project was relatively simple, I was given a good price.

I started working with them in December 2016. The project was completed in January 2017, and they actually delivered a week ahead.

I’ve used customer feedback to gauge the success of the project. It’s had 100% satisfaction—everyone said that it was a very easy application to use. The third-party providers I’ve used have mentioned the positive feedback they’ve received, which again, has been 100% satisfaction.

How did WorkingMouse perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with similar businesses to WorkingMouse before and they’re the best I’ve dealt with. Most of our interactions were done in-person and the rest through phone and email. I was given access to their project management platform, where I could see regular updates on the progress of the work.

I didn’t expected the project to go as well as it did, especially that the app would be tested and delivered a week before I needed it. My client was surprised by their performance.

They brought in their internal stakeholders during the scoping phase, which was unlike the other companies I’d dealt with. Previously, I would deal with a salesperson. Their process gave me a lot of trust and confidence in them as a business, as well as in their capabilities. They wanted to get it right the first time, which was comforting for me, given that there were time constraints and costs to consider. I knew that they were going to produce what I wanted the first time.

The initial process was enjoyable and educational. Based on their input and experience, I was able to come up with a far better product than what I was expecting. I also appreciated the transparency around the development process—they kept me informed about possible challenges.

Based on my experience with other web development companies, they’re 50% above everyone else. They’ve delivered what I wanted and more. Everyone can improve, but I couldn’t ask for more from them, given my expectations.

I recommend listening to their advice and engaging in their process. They’re a trustworthy team.

They managed the process well from the start, eliminating any potential problems. The key deadlines were kept.
    I’ve recommended them to everyone.

Platform Dev for Training Communication Consultancy

“I appreciated their attitude. WorkingMouse was able to resolve any unexpected issues while remaining positive.”

Aug. 2017 - Feb. 2018

WorkingMouse received specific requirements to develop a training and evaluating platform. The team worked in rapid one-week sprints and used Codebots for some of the work.

Brisbane, Australia
Project Manager, Communications Company

WorkingMouse’s transparent and clear workflow made them incredibly easy to work with. If they couldn’t solve a problem, they were honest about the limitations. Although the final product was quite delayed, the team didn’t charge for the extra time.

I’m a project manager for a communications, engagement, and training consultancy. One of my responsibilities is to manage an internal startup—an online evaluation tool for stakeholders and engagement professionals that allows them to evaluate their work with community members.

What challenge were you trying to address with WorkingMouse?

We went through an initial development phase and knew what the product needed to look like; we just needed someone with the expertise to code it.

WorkingMouse translated our aesthetic and functionality requirements into a product we could take to market. We had in-depth phone conversations, agreed to a collaboration, and started a two-day scoping workshop to define what we wanted to do at a granular level.

They used a proprietary platform called Codebots for some of the work, which made the process quite fast. We divided the overall project into one-week sprints, each focusing on a particular product component. WorkingMouse put everything together and presented the latest version at the end of each week. They did a bit of design work, too, but a previous developer had completed most of it already.

We had a case manager and a project lead who had a team of developers. We spoke weekly with the entire team, but we mainly communicated with the project lead.

How did you come to work with WorkingMouse?

My managing director and another member of our team met a WorkingMouse employee at a networking event. We were impressed with them and looked at the whitepaper description on their website. We liked that their approach was to organize scoping workshops and divide projects into sprints. The cost of the MVP was also made clear, which was important. We contacted WorkingMouse and ultimately went with them.

We started working with WorkingMouse in August 2017, and we went live in February 2018.

We’ve only been live for two weeks, so I don’t have any metrics. Some clients are currently testing the MVP.

How did WorkingMouse perform from a project management standpoint?

We used an Atlassian product for task tracking. Our different locations made in-person meetings difficult, but I did visit them for a two-day scoping session. Whenever I was in town, I organized meetings, but we mainly communicated by sharing screens and collaborating remotely.

I’m not an expert in coding, but WorkingMouse is capable of dealing with non-technical clients. They’re able to translate domain-specific information for people with basic knowledge. We had some unprecedented issues, but the team was happy to solve them. If unable to, they were honest and told us what could be done within our existing scope.

They went over the deadline, but we had a fixed-price contract, so it didn’t cost us extra. We’d promised clients that the platform would be ready before it was, but our original timeline was quite tight, so we were happy when they finished.

I’d highly recommend them because of their transparent process. Everything is clear, upfront, and well-documented, which is important.

Overall Score They have excellent collaboration, from contract negotiations to project scoping and development.
    The project started well, but the final release was quite delayed.
    Given the high level of service provided, they're an exceptional value.
    The service was fantastic.
    I'd recommend them without reservation because of the fantastic working relationship and their complete transparency.