An agile collective of creative developers

We are a close collective of creative developers. We tackle each project with exactly what it needs, not layers of staff looking for billable hours. We pride ourselves on being an extension of your team and digital figure-it-outers.

Denver, CO

• Energy BBDO
  • ADMCi
  • MSTQ

Outsourced Software Development for Business Foundation

“Wonder Giant truly is a phenomenal company.”

Jan. - Oct 2017

Wonder Giant developed software for a third party, exploring different technology options and providing ideas for implementation. The product involved creating one-click functionality linked to Amazon’s Alexa.

Jim Jacoby
Cofounder, ADMCi

Since the project, sales have started to increase and users have provided positive feedback. The team was excellent throughout the project, confidently working on new technologies while setting clear expectations. They took the initiative in communication and provided good customer service.

I am one of the two founders of ADMCi. We use user-centered designs to solve business problems, create business strategies, and provide coaching for senior executives, implementing whatever those design changes might be.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wonder Giant?

We engaged them as part of a team in order to outsource an innovation lab for one of our clients. I have worked with them for multiple clients, but the example I’m providing was a multi-year engagement for a single one

They would receive briefs from us for particular technologies or ideas to pursue, and then produced proof-of-concepts, provided ideas, and turned the ones they found viable for implementation into more full-fledged projects.

They were key in many of the technology explorations we did, for everything from artificial intelligence to Internet of Things (IoT), as well as sophisticated integrations with backend systems, especially legacy ones which provided complex pricing and incentive structures.

The project was related to direct sales, and included developing technology that allows people to create one-click buy-in services on the Facebook platform, connecting to an “Order Now” button on a physical device located in people’s homes and implementing functionalities for Amazon’s Alexa.

The team consisted primarily of developers who didn’t require project management. We handled most of the management ourselves. The team peaked at 3 individuals and was fairly consistent throughout.

How did you come to work with Wonder Giant?

I knew their founder, Danny Davis, from a previous engagement. We did consider other providers, but based on Wonder Giant’s seniority and willingness to explore new ideas, we chose them.

The cost of their work for this project has been in the low 6-figure range, around $100,000.

We started working with them on this project in January 2017 and finished in October. We’ve worked with them previously and we’re looking to use their team for future engagements.

We have a video case study in production at the moment, highlighting many of the quotes from end-users which are about everything from the mobile apps to the Amazon Alexa build. Metrics have been more around the removal of friction during the purchase process. This is hard to showcase, but the customer’s sales have continued to rise, which is great. The company is perceived as a technology leader in its market, which is a particular advantage for them overall. We’ve encountered no unusual issues or things which they couldn’t handle.

How did Wonder Giant perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been exceptional in this regard: proactive communicators and good at maintaining the client relationship. The team is overall skilled, but their ability to communicate and make things easily understandable in a high-pressure, complex environment, is the main reason I would engage them again.

Their team’s seniority and sophistication they’ve shown in dealing directly with our clients. We never had any concerns in terms of layering management.

They're willing to wade into fairly unproven technologies: things like the Alexa Skills Kit and artificial intelligence programming, which were new at the time. The team was fearless in going into those and realistic about what expectations to set along the way.

I know that this is a cliché, but Wonder Giant truly is a phenomenal company.

Web Dev & Strategy for Children's NonProfit

“They are ready at a moment's notice to deal with anything I have.”

Nov 2014 - Ongoing

Wonder Giant redeveloped and reworked a Django platform for a children’s non-profit. They addressed the inefficiencies, optimized it, and added more features, such as moderation tools and an interactive map.

Salt Lake City, Utah
James Brooks
Project Manager, Kidnected World

The platform now has 10,000 users who provide largely positive feedback on the redesigned site. They are excellent partners who are able to provide creative direction and strategic thinking as well as development services, always communicating well and responding extremely quickly to any requests.

I'm the project manager for Kidnected World, a children's non-profit organization that aims to connect younger children all around the world and use their creativity to create a world of good. We plan on doing that through an online platform called The Wonderment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wonder Giant?

Wonder Giant wasn't our original developer. When we started working with Wonder Giant, we were dealing with a platform that had essentially been built on the fly. There were a lot of inefficiencies with the platform and it was not well optimized.

The platform was already built on Django and they reworked and redeveloped the whole platform for us.

Once we met Danny Davis [Founder, Wonder Giant], we knew this was going to be a long-term relationship, and we wanted them to rewrite it. Our main goal was for them to rework and optimize it so there was a smooth experience for our users, but for also me as someone who manages a lot of the content on the site.

Since we began work with them, we've revised our homepages multiple times. They've been a key part in helping us organize and implement them. There were a lot of features that we wanted to implement. That includes things like a more robust, interactive map and a better pathway to communicate. Our moderation tools were implemented through them. They have been instrumental in allowing us to bring attention to specific features that we want.

I work with Danny Davis. He's essentially everything. He does a lot of the frontend, but I also deal with him on a day-to-day basis as a project manager. I don't communicate much with the backend development team.

How did you come to work with Wonder Giant?

We found them through a group called School. As I was becoming a member of the team, they put us in touch.

We've spent around $45,000.

We've been working with them since November 2014.

We currently have nearly 10,000 users. We have various landing pages as well as a strategy put into how best to bring in users and show them the information that we think they're going to want to see based on how they got to us.

We've been growing and constantly evolving. The majority of the feedback, especially considering where we came from, has been very beneficial and positive. Things are much easier to use now than when we started. A lack of negative feedback is encouraging in that regard. We used to get a lot of users reaching out, asking for help on how to do certain tasks. Those queries are almost non-existent now compared to before, which speaks volumes as well.

We deal with some very minor problems on a weekly or monthly basis where I just notice something pop up, but there is nothing significant that is plaguing the site.

How did Wonder Giant perform from a project management standpoint?

They are an absolute pleasure to deal with every day. Danny is very forthright in communication and very transparent. I always feel like I'm getting the truth, and everything is very productive. They also help with strategy. Every time we chat, everyone is contributing to the larger course. I don’t tell them what to do; it's a team effort. We value and appreciate their opinion just as any member of our team.

They were the easiest company that I've communicated with. They are ready at a moment's notice to deal with anything I have. They’re willing to jump in, take a look, and give me an answer immediately. I couldn't recommend their communication and transparency any more highly.

They aid us in strategic thinking in various ways to better direct us to things that we should be looking at. There is an element of creative direction and strategic thinking that comes along with that as well.

Honestly, no. We couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Outsourced Technical Consulting for Full Service Ad Agency

"They are forward thinking and pretty innovative, would be good attributes to label them."

2010- Ongoing

Wonder Giant provides technical consulting for non-profit, fashion, and entertainment clients when in-house resources are booked or unavailable. They also assist in development, and have contributed to a Facebook app.

Vice President, Ad Agency

They’ve met all deliverables and timelines with a sense of professionalism. The team is educated in the latest technologies, and they’re always learning more to provide a better service. They’re excellent at breaking down tough concepts for customers to understand, and working with clients directly.

I run a boutique, full service digital ad agency. We are a fully staffed agency and can take on any and all marketing and digital products for clients. We’re very similar to Wonder Giant, and often partner with each other and send projects out to each other when we’re in a resource bind or time crunch. We’re about 15 people in total, with developers throughout the country.

We have a number of different verticals that we work in, including non-profits, fashion, and entertainment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wonder Giant.

There were certain projects where we need resources with particular expertise to help as a technical consultants. Wonder Giant ahs a very specific and intricate set of skills and so we align our team with theirs.

I recently reached out to Danny [Founder/Creative Technologist, Wonder Giant] to help with some of our non-profit work. He helps me run my team by acting as a techincal leader for some of the cause marketing dev work. Then on the fashion side, he’s helped out with the Facebook app we built for a designer.

On that non-profit project, I acted as the project manager and account director, and had Danny on the team as a technical consultant because he’s skilled at leading a team of developers, and then turning around and reiterating the work they’re doing to clients. However, there are also occasions I will use him for more hands-on development work.

I start with Danny, but in the past I’ve worked with some of the rest of his team. He typically staffs the projects I partner with him on for as need be.

How did you come to work with Wonder Giant?

I’ve known Danny for quite a long time, we previously worked at another bigger agency. He’s a very smart guy. He understands user experience design and formerly worked with Adobe Flash, now he’s evolved into a full-stack developer. We worked really well together and I decided to bring him on as a technical consultant.

There are certain projects where our resources as tied up, and Danny’s one of my first calls when I think something might be a good fit. As well, when I have a client come to me and I can’t take it on because we’ve got too much in-house work, I want to leave them in good hands with someone I trust, respect, and know will deliver. That’s why I look at Danny first and foremost.

I’m not sure of the exact amounts over the years, but we hire Danny typically on a fixed bid on the budget. I work with him to figure out what we can afford to pay for his part of the project. There have been occasions where things have gone over with time and materials, but typically it’s a fixed project budget.

We started working together 6 or 7 years ago, and the engagement is ongoing.

If my agency can’t do it due to schedule or resources, then Danny's the first person we call to leave the client in good hands. He's a super professional, well-spoken, and a smart guy. He doesn’t stop until he gets the results the client is looking for. When you hire Wonder Giant, you get results, professionalism, all of my deliverables and timelines met. He's definitely someone I would vouch for and send the client to if I couldn’t help.

How did Wonder Giant perform from a project management standpoint?

There’s never been an issue. They’re always been super responsive and hit all of their deadlines. It makes my job as project manager a lot easier, because they give me great information with detailed updates that I can reiterate to my clients.

Danny’s an excellent speaker. He breaks things down as simple as possible for non-technical people to understand, and I always enjoy having him on the team. He helps explain complex methodology to clients in a better way than I can.

They always come to the table versed in the latest technology, so you know you’re never going to get something that's outdated. They’re always open to learning new technologies as well. A few good attributes to label them with, would be forward thinking and innovative.

I can’t think of anything. For what I’ve hired the teams for, there’s never been any problem in the work I’ve gotten and the results.

Overall Score They've always delivered for me.