Fieldwork & Market Research Consulting

Market research is a “people business”. We have a multi-disciplinary, multi-lingual team, highly experienced in navigating the intricacies of different social and cultural nuances of human behavior with empathy and sensitivity.

We begin gathering valuable insights from the moment we screen participants all the way to the synthesis and delivery of recommendations. This unique approach to recruitment has proven invaluable in adding context to our findings.

2004
Hamburg, Germany

Market Research for the Automotive Sales Industry

"Using their studies, I'm able to instruct my salesmen."

Jun. 2017 - Aug. 2017

WMM GmbH provided market research services, supplying mystery shoppers to explore the offers and prizes available at competitors' shops.

Hamburg, Germany
Philip Leuchtenberger
CEO, STADAC

They provide informative reports and presentations about their findings, resulting in useful outputs that can be relayed to salesmen and the business' strategy. They build a friendly relationship with their clients, communicating smoothly and professionally at all times.

I’m the CEO of STADAC, an automotive shop. We sell BMWs in the Hamburg region.

What challenge were you trying to address with WMM GmbH?

I wanted to see what kind of discount my other competitors give. I had an overview of their prizes, but I wanted to know how the salesmen of the other shops react when they were given an offer.

They had mystery shoppers outside the shops. We talked about the offers and they talked to salesmen to get offers from them. They found out what the different prizes available are. They put together an overview for me after that.

I was in contact with Thorsten (Founder & Managing Director, WMM GmbH).

How did you come to work with WMM GmbH?

I've known Thorsten for about 25 years. We met, he told me what he does, so I booked him.

$50,000.

We started working together in June until August 2017. I will work with him again in the future.

Using their studies, I'm able to instruct my salesmen. We had a strategy to talk to the customers in another way. I have to reduce the discount for the first eight months.

How did WMM GmbH perform from a project management standpoint?

In the time they went out and made the mystery shopping, I could ask them the stats and results, and he’d show me with a PowerPoint slide. I could share it with my salesmen. If I had any questions, I could call him and he’d explain it to me.

Thorsten and I have a familiar feeling between us. I could call him, and it was like calling a friend. The rest of the team was also very friendly.

Perhaps next time there could be an online tool rather than a presentation. It was cheaper this way though.

If you book them, you'll receive very clear and real results. They will show you the market as it is, rather than as you like it. They give very honest results.

Market Research for a Real Estate Business

“They’re reliable and quick to understand our business model, prioritizing our clients’ needs above all.”

2008 - Ongoing

WMM provides extensive market research for high-end real estate properties in German markets. They deliver hard-copy reports and present their findings to internal stakeholders.

Germany
Rauert Peters
CEO, PRPi GmbH

WMM’s team excels at generating useful data and insights into specific markets. Their results are informative, actionable, and well-founded, which has helped build trust in the relationship. Strong business and marketing acumen are hallmarks of their success.

I’m the owner and founder of a real estate brokerage. We scout, develop, and repurpose real estate properties for high-net-worth individuals (HNWI).

What challenge were you trying to address with WMM GmbH?

In our industry, we work with extremely cautious clients and want them to feel comfortable with our investment recommendations. Therefore, it’s paramount that we’re able to support our work with reliable, comprehensive information about specific markets. We've reached out to WMM GmbH to supply us with that data.

Over the years, they’ve conducted research on high-end real estate markets, particularly in Germany. We typically give them clearly defined briefs to target properties, and they provide us with relevant information as well as a broad overview. This involves producing hard-copy reports, delivering the content in person, and presenting the data to us.

I mostly work with the owner of the company.

How did you come to work with WMM GmbH?

I’ve known the owner for quite some time; we actually grew up together, so I’ve always kept track of his career. As my company became increasingly involved in high-end properties, I realized how valuable his market research was and approached him with projects. We’ve been in contact ever since.

Their work began in 2008 and is ongoing. We collaborate with them as projects pop up and have plenty of assignments for them.

They’ve consistently produced strategic, actionable recommendations when looking into markets. Oftentimes, when working with non-local companies, we’d receive beautiful data, but it would be purely theoretical. In contrast, WMM always gave applicable results that benefited us and our clients in one way or another.

How did WMM GmbH perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s easy to work with them, and they’re responsive to our needs. If we want specific information about a particular type of property, they’re happy to adhere to our requirements. For more flexible areas such as gathering third-party information, they’re willing to share their knowledge with us and suggest better approaches to accumulate data. It makes us feel comfortable giving them work, and we're confident in their results. In terms of communication, we typically speak in person or via email and phone.

I’m able to collaborate so well with them because I have a very personal connection, not only with the owner but with the rest of the staff, too. They’re reliable and quick to understand our business model, prioritizing our clients’ needs above all.

No, nothing comes to mind. I would love to work with them for all of our projects, including Australia, but they’re not active in those areas.

Have a precise and honest idea of what you’re looking for, and you’ll get exactly what you need. Customers often give vague descriptions and expect WMM to make miracles, but it doesn’t work that way. Their team has to have a clear understanding of your needs to produce relevant results, whether it’s for a third-party client or your own business.

Overall Score If they were everywhere, I would give them a full score.
    They deliver 100% and deserve to be paid 100%.

Market Research for Urban Hotel

“They ask the right questions.”

2013 - 2018

WMM GmbH develops marketing surveys and provides detailed reports based on the results.

Germany
Managing Director, Hotel

The results provide valuable insight into customer preferences, which in turn influence hotel renovations and services. WMM GmbH’s honesty, professionalism, and expertise have led to a long-term collaboration.

I’m the managing director of a small hotel.

What challenge were you trying to address with WMM GmbH?

We were planning a renovation and needed to ask our clients what kind of features they’d like to have—faster internet, Wi-Fi connection to the television, etc.

Based on our goals, WMM GmbH helped us do a survey. During our discussions, they provided excellent input and explained their work process. Afterward, they sent the results in a beautiful presentation.

We don’t work together every year or every month, but we hire them as needed. Each engagement takes about a month, depending on the scope.

The owner of WMM is our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with WMM GmbH?

They have an excellent reputation on the internet.

We’ve spent €50,000 (approximately $57,700 USD).

We started working together in 2013.

We now understand what our guests want to have. This information is important because it allows us to make renovations according to our guests’ desires.

WMM’s team is quite professional and understands our business. They don’t fake any results or reports. WMM is a good company, so we will keep working with them.

How did WMM GmbH perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re in our city, which makes it easier for us to stay in contact. We communicate by email.

They ask the right questions. I’m really happy with them and will definitely recommend them.

Messaging and Design Support for a Startup

"They're talented at figuring out what the target audience needs to know in order to make a decision."

Apr. - June 2017

WMM GmbH helped design and create sales decks for clients and investors, providing messaging and imagery.

Christy Jobe
Consultant, SpaceTrak US

The sales decks were well-received, with some major clients beginning to sign contracts. Throughout the engagement, WMM GmbH’s understanding of audience needs helped them produce high-quality deliverables. They brought creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I am a designer, and I worked as an adviser to SpaceTrak US.

What challenge were you trying to address with WMM GmbH?

I needed help in creating sales decks for clients and investors.

SpaceTrak US is a startup and they're working on getting clients. WMM GmbH helped me with messaging and rebranding. They spent a lot of time getting into the target audiences’ head and figuring out the ideal messages. They also created compelling imagery.

The main person I worked with is Lulu (design research lead, WMM GmbH).

How did you come to work with WMM GmbH?

I first worked with Lulu more than 10 years ago. She and I did a rebranding exercise when I was with an architect firm in Minneapolis. She's absolutely amazing at messaging and graphic design. I use her whenever I have any challenges that involve communication and/or graphics presentation.

We spent less than $20,000.

The project took place from April–June 2017.

I don’t have any numbers in terms of sales. As a startup, the firm has a long sales lead time. However, thanks to the decks created by WMM GmbH, SpaceTrak US has three major clients that are at the contracting stage of the sales process.

How did WMM GmbH perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is very good. We primarily communicate over email and video conferences because they're based in Germany.

They're talented at figuring out what the target audience needs to know in order to make a decision. They’re also incredible at concisely articulating the message, and using the right language. They also put together brilliant images that really communicate emotions.

Nothing, other than I wish I could see the team in person more often.

Hire them, because they're exceptional at what they do. It's not just that they’re great at design, UX, interviews, or focus groups. They also have hands-on, evidence-based observations that can provide great insight.

I would never use anyone else, and they're the only ones I would recommend.