A Product Innovation Studio

We are a product innovation studio in Los Angeles, CA. Our clients range from startups seeking funding to Fortune 50 global brands. Our talented team of designers and developers work very closely with our clients to understand their challenges and deliver the perfect custom solution for their needs. Our capabilities include custom web apps, desktop apps, mobile apps, Internet of Things hardware prototypes, banner ads, and microsites.

Marina del Rey, CA
headquaters
  • Wildebeest
    1 Bora Bora Way
    Marina del Rey, CA 90292

Google, Microsoft, Disney, Netflix, Amazon, Foursquare, Hulu

Web Redesign for Beauty Company

"They have great style, they’re very intuitive, and the customer service level is incredibly high."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Wildebeest redesigned a website to improve an online booking system, SEO and site security. They also improved the order processing system by integrating PayPal.

Santa Monica, California
Charity Engebretsen
Founder, Master Lash

The new site now ranks on page one of Google and loads faster. Wildebeest's professionalism, creativity and timely manner stood out.

I have two multifaceted beauty companies—a product line and a brick-and-mortar in Santa Monica, California. I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wildebeest Design?

I needed help growing the business and changing it to something that could grow into more of a chain. At that time, we had an old, outdated, sad little site.

Wildebeest Design literally redid the whole website. They created a booking system for me on a much larger scale. The search engine optimization totally changed the way the page is accessed. They helped me out with my security, which was a problem because people kept trying to hack into it and steal client information. Since I have really high-end clients, it was very important to get that fixed. I literally got exactly what I wanted, and then some. There were things that I didn’t even know were wrong with my site. When they changed it, I saw that it made more sense. They helped me add Yelp, Instagram, and Facebook to the site. They also changed the way orders are processed, so they’re much more secure through PayPal. My previous site wasn’t auto-populating the address, and PayPal doesn’t protect you when that happens.

How did you come to work with Wildebeest Design?

They were a referral.

How much have you invested with Wildebeest Design?

It was in the tens of thousands.

Our first project started in February and ended in March of 2017. Our relationship is ongoing, as I’ve hired them again to do a website for a new company I’m starting to brand.

I went from the second page on Google to the first page organically, just from changing up the way the site was searched, worded, and laid out. They decreased the page load time drastically. They went above and beyond in helping me to change the site, doing it in a way that wasn’t a hassle for me. I didn’t have to do anything, which was very important to me as I don’t have time to do it.

The changes they’ve made has affected me a lot on a day-to-day basis. For example, I previously had problems with booking and communication with new clients. The old booking system was confusing and there were so many steps to it. Now, there’s just one step: the client sends a request, which I can accept or deny. That has changed my life tremendously and saved a ton of time. The PayPal improvements have also saved me time, minimizing going back and forth with clients. As a result, I’ve gotten incredible feedback from them. The volume of products I sell online has increased dramatically with the new site.

How did Wildebeest Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I was incredibly impressed with their professionalism and the timely manner in which they got back to me. The way they handled everything was very seamless. My previous experience with web developers was like pulling teeth or going to the Department of Motor Vehicles. I didn’t find web developers to be professional, timely, or creative. Wildebeest’s team was all those things, which is what impressed me the most. They really got my style, and they made all the tweaks I wanted. I usually got an update every day or two. The only delay was on my part, trying to get them the right content. The time from start to finish was all very efficient and quick.

What did you find most impressive about Wildebeest Design?

They have great style, they’re very intuitive, and the customer service level is incredibly high. It was way more than I expected, and I was very impressed.

Are there any areas Wildebeest Design could improve?

No, that’s why I’m doing this review right now. I don’t normally take time out of my day to do anything like this.

Overall Score I’m completely and totally happy.
    The turnaround time was the most expedient I could have hoped for.
    The cost was very fair related to the scope of work.
    The quality was outstanding.
    I’ve referred two of my clients to them already.

Web Development for Entertainment Company

"They were well-organized and easily accessible.

Wildebeest provided web development services and integrated a Spotify's API into a user interface that allows users to find playlists based on their music taste.

10,000 Employees
Web Developer, Entertainment Company

The end campaign was successful. Wildebeest responsiveness and creative vision stood out.

I work for an entertainment company.

I work for the music group as a web developer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wildebeest?

We had a marketing project that we needed a vendor to provide efficient quality service to deliver a product that worked within our budget.

The work involved tying third party APIs into a user experience that allows users to match their music tastes with playlists on Spotify.com. Wildebeest provided web app development and integrating social media and Spotify APIs.

How did you come to work with Wildebeest?

Someone in our office had a previous relationship with their team.

The cost of the project was between $10,000 and $50,000.

We began working with them in April 2016 and the project was completed at the end of December 2016.

I can’t provide any numbers. The campaigns were successful. The project helped strengthen our relationship with Spotify.

How did Wildebeest perform from a project management standpoint?

They were well-organized and easily accessible.

What distinguishes Wildebeest from other providers?

I appreciate that they have a unique vision which they utilize to provide better experiences for users and allow their projects to be more rich and engaging.

Is there anything Wildebeest could have improved or done differently?

No. Everything went smooth.

Redesign and Branding for Salon.com

"The quality of work has been very good."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Wildebeest redesigned a WordPress Website with a mobile first and video first focus. They also provided branding services.

CEO, Salon.com

Wildebeest's quality of work stood out.

Salon Media Group is an online publisher of news culture and entertainment content.

I’m the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wildebeest Design?

We have a site that is antiquated in terms of our ability to monetize it given the new dynamics of programmatic advertising and the shift by consumers from desktop to mobile. We needed to redesign our entire site.

They did a full redesign, branding and frontend development in WordPress. They provided all the wireframes. The focus was being mobile first, video first and high viewability. I provided the content. They did a branding exercise given competitors in the space and business objectives. They came up with a brand positioning and a visual that was consistent with that.

How did you come to work with Wildebeest Design?

I know the founder and he’s one of the best.

We spent between $200,000 and $1M on the project.

We started the project in August 2016 and needed to pause until February 2017. We should be finished by April 2017.

Not at this time. The quality of work has been very good.

How did Wildebeest Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great about communicating with us and keeping the project moving.

What distinguishes Wildebeest Design from other providers?

They’re not the cheapest but I don’t feel like I’m being ripped off given the quality of the work.

Is there anything Wildebeest Design could have improved or done differently?

There is always room for improvement for any firm. They don’t have a lot of scale because they’re a small company.

Most schedules have been met but some weren’t because of third party vendors.
    It’s more expensive but the quality of service is also higher.
    I don’t think anybody’s perfect and they have room to grow in terms of scale and project management.