Whiteboard and Computer Animated Explainer Videos

We are an award-winning animation studio and video production company with a passion for storytelling. Our animated explainer videos turn complex ideas into concise, memorable, easy-to-understand stories.

We offer a full range of services, from authentic handcrafted whiteboard videos to engaging computer animations to live-action films. ​We believe life is best lived when you follow your passion, tell your story, and live your dreams. Some ask why, we say...Wienot!

Austin, TX

We serve a wide range of clients, from large Fortune 500 companies to small startups to nonprofits. Past clients include: Canon, Gatorade, Sesame Street, BlackRock, Chanel, Roche, and Google.

This is a quick look at some of the whiteboard and computer animation styles produced by Wienot Films.

This as a computer animated explainer video we created for BlackRock. It helps explain one of their indexes by using a metaphor.

Canon Binoculars Whiteboard Animation

This is a animated whiteboard explainer video we created for Canon that details their image stabilization binoculars.

This is an explainer video we created for an MIT professor. It details the way LobbyView is bringing transparency to the American political process.

Seagrove Rehab Partners Explainer Video

In this animated explainer video, we use a boat analogy to explain their new model for therapy departments at skilled nursing facilities.

TradingScreen SimCorp Alliance Whiteboard Animation

In this whiteboard explainer video, we show how the TradingScreen-SimCorp Alliance delivers a seamless trading experience across asset classes in one order and execution management system.

Markit's iBoxx Bond Indices Whiteboard Animation

In this whiteboard explainer video, we show how iBoxx indices can bring visibility and insight to your investment strategies.

Award-winning Super Sleeper Music Video Animation

This fun music video for Nest Bedding won a Telly Award for excellence in animation. Wienot Films produced all of the animation in the video.

Animation Showing a Cancer Patient's Story in Latin America

This computer animation we created for Roche shows what it's like to be a cancer patient in rural Latin America. The video was produced in Spanish, with English subtitles.

We created this fun whiteboard animation at Wienot Films to celebrate love on Valentine's Day.

Canon Dual Pixel Autofocus Whiteboard Animation

We created this whiteboard animation to explain Canon's dual pixel autofocus technology. Music was custom scored to match the beats of the story.

In this computer animation, we took still images of a painted mural to make a unique explainer video. It explain's Wilson Produce's approach to regenerative organic farming.

Video Production for Consultant to Financial Services Firm

“Our client even asked us how we’d managed to make something so beautiful.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Wienot Films helped create inspirational story-telling videos for a consulting firm’s third-party client. They ideated and delivered a frame-by-frame animation to express the brand’s narrative in a moving way.

Pelham, New York
Steve Hardwick
Chief Marketing Officer, Fassforward Consulting Group

Wienot Films’ dazzling product awed the client by painting a perfect picture of the brand. Adaptable to changing requirements, the team implemented deliverables at an impressive rate. The leadership exhibited a unique sensitivity to both an artistic vision and realistic business needs.

I’m the chief marketing officer of Fassforward Consulting Group, a firm that specializes in leadership communication and customer experience.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wienot Films?

Currently, our company engages with two major clients, one of which is a global credit card company. My work with Wienot Films has largely been on that particular account.

The first challenge was to help build a brand narrative for this third-party client. We decided to create a video—with evergreen qualities—to tell the brand’s story. The success of the first video led to a series of other videos which focused on different levels of that company’s organization.

In addition, we wanted to provide our client with a basic narrative about their brand to be able to relay it to others. We sought to establish a common language to describe their goals and story.

Weinot Films delivered frame-by-frame animation. I initially developed an outline or base script, and provided them with some artistic direction. They took and refined those ideas, steering me towards things that are better visually articulated. Their refinery process is outstanding where they’ll continue to cut unnecessary content until only the critical core of the content remains.

We then collaborated to establish the feel of the characters and scenery, as well as the tonality of the piece in general. Mark (Founder, Wienot Films) also assisted me with the initial character study for the videos. To emphasize the globality of the brand, we integrated iconic architecture from around the world that reflected the different places that the brand operates. We ended up doing 6–7 videos that all together tell the bigger brand story.

We went on to create videos that aren’t animated, but instead use stock footage and diagrams. I think it really demonstrates that Weinot Films’ has an expansive production offering. I now channel every video-related project we receive from clients through Mark. It’s more of a partnership than a vendor-client relationship.

I recall working directly with 4–5 different people. The team consisted of editors and animators. Mark oversees the project management, but he’s engaged with all aspects of the project.

How did you come to work with Weinot Films?

I worked with Weinot Films to create whiteboard explainer videos when I was previously running a startup. For Fassforward Consulting, we’ve been using a more sophisticated version of animation instead.

We’ve spent somewhere between $250,000–$300,000.

The project began in late March 2019, and our collaboration is ongoing. I can foresee that it’ll continue for a long time.

While client satisfaction isn’t an empirical measure, our client feedback has been stellar. They were completely enthralled by the videos we created for them—going as far to say that they’re magical. They even asked us how we’d managed to make something so beautiful. We were able to perfectly capture their brand in words and pictures, which went beyond customer satisfaction.

How did Wienot Films perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management has been truly superb, and Mark has been a joy to work with. He has the perfect mindset for the service business because he puts a great deal of emphasis on the quality of his output. He also understands the true importance of timetables and has been agile about adjusting things on the way.

Clients seeking creative work don’t often know exactly what to ask for, so I frequently had to find ways to fully understand the brand’s standards. If I missed something, Mark’s turnaround on it would be spotless, so that’s been terrific. Mark has been exceptionally flexible and accommodating about doing videos for a client who is unfamiliar with that sort of work.

Wienot Films strikes the delicate balance of creating art and understanding commercial enterprise: the reality that you’re conducting commerce. Wienot Films is notable for their ease of use compared to other creative agencies I’ve worked with in the past. It’s common for creative types to be precious or pretentious about their work, but Mark and his team aren’t that way at all.

I can’t think of anything. When you work with Mark, you know the work will be good. The fact that I’ve never met Mark in person—and that our partnership has endured over that geographic separation—is a testament to Wienot Film’s prowess.

There’s a confluence between the advice I would give for working with Wienot and with working with any creative enterprise. It’s critical to be precise with your language, clear on your feedback, and articulate about your vision. To be communicative about your exact goals is extremely important.

Whiteboard Animation for Children's Education Initiative

"Wienot Films was one of the best vendors I have worked with, hands down."

Apr. - June 2018

Wienot Films created a video for the animation portion of a children's education initiative. They were responsible for detailed storyboards, an animatic for testing, whiteboard animations, and an intro clip.

Kara Koch
Producer, International Social Impact, Sesame Workshop

Based on the summative evaluation of the entire initiative, caregivers reported increased knowledge of the importance of play in a child's development, and parents also reported an increased play with their children. The team was thorough, well-prepared, and thoughtful throughout the entire process.

I am a Producer in the International Social Impact division of Sesame Workshop. My team is responsible for growing Sesame’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The Production unit collaborates with local partners, producers, writers and talent to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality media content through broadcast and community-based distribution.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wienot Films?

Sesame's "Play Every Day" initiative aims to help parents in Mexico, India, and South Africa understand the link between play and the cognitive development of children. Video content is one component of a large, community-based implementation.

In order to change parent and caregiver perceptions about the value of learning through play, we wanted to employ a unique video technique that would "show" rather than "tell," as we were working in a variety of country contexts and didn't want to rely on text or word. The whiteboard animation style was perfect.

After a closed, competitive RFP process, I was able to award Wienot the animation portion of the "Play Every Day" initiative. This was based on criteria including a creative pitch for one animation, a cost estimate for the project, proposed work schedule, samples, and references.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Sesame Workshop provided the project background, messaging, and story beats for five animations. We also provided character art for reference, project logos, fonts, and color palette, and an instrumental music track. Wienot was responsible for all artistic elements, detailed storyboards, an animatic for testing, and all completed whiteboard animations. They also produced a whiteboard "intro" clip to be used on several video assets.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

The Wienot team consisted of four incredibly talented and enthusiastic individuals. They were all present from the very first conference call and generously shared their expertise and ideas throughout the process. Wienot handled all feedback from Sesame with style, making creative, efficient, and smart suggestions along the way.

The whiteboard animations produced by Wienot were integrated with Muppet inserts, leading to a robust series of caregiver-facing videos that were released to the public in Mexico, India, and South Africa in early 2019. Distribution included social media, movie theaters, conferences, events, and other public spaces. Based on summative evaluation of the entire "Play Every Day" initiative, caregivers in all three geographies reported increased knowledge of the importance of play in a child's development, and, better yet, parents also reported an increased frequency of play with their children.

Wienot Films was one of the best vendors I have worked with, hands down. Every step of the process was creative, productive, and fun. The team asked the right questions and had no problem working with our IP. I can and have recommended them to other producers.

From the first request for an introductory phone call, to the thoughtfulness of their proposal submission, all the way through to their support of the initiative as a whole, I could tell that this team had not only a professional interest in the content, but a personal interest as well. Their hearts were in this and it showed.

Honestly, I can't think of a thing. It was a wonderful partnership and I'd work with this team again in a heartbeat.

Easy and pain-free. Delivery was always on time, if not early, and was communicated consistently.
    Wienot came in slightly above other submissions, but their work is worth every penny.
    Top-notch quality animations, delivered to spec, on time and on budget.

Explainer Video for Rehab Consultants

"The only disappointing thing about being finished with this project is that we aren’t still working with Marc!"

Jun. - Sep. 2018

Wienot Films produced an explainer video for a consulting firm, driving the entire process from message discovery, scriptwriting, and storyboarding to final animation.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Cindy McDavid
Co-Owner, Seagrove Rehab Partners

The video garnered glowing reviews from industry professionals and pleased internal stakeholders with its quality-to-price ratio. Wienot Films impressed with their personal, attentive service and quick understanding of project goals. Customers can expect a highly creative partnership.

I am the co-owner of Seagrove Rehab, a consulting group headquartered in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Our company serves long-term care facilities throughout the country, assisting with therapy-related operations and Medicare compliance. I oversee communications and our home office operations.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wienot Films?

One of our goals last year was to hire a company to create an explainer video for our business. We thought a visual explanation could really help educate potential clients on the unique service we offer to long-term care facilities.

Our main goal was to educate nursing home administrators/owners about our monthly service option for their rehab departments, which is unique and different from our industry's traditional model. We also wanted to create a video that would be a pleasure for people to watch—something that was concise, easy to understand, and would capture the audience's attention.

My search for a video production company began online via Google, Youtube, and Vimeo, where I searched key phrases like “explainer video” and “whiteboard video." It is not an exaggeration to say I watched clips from hundreds of videos as I sought to narrow the field. As I watched, I focused on whether each company’s videos held my interest for longer than 15 or 20 seconds. (The vast majority of them lost my interest quickly). Then, I focused on whether the quality of content was consistent across multiple videos in a company’s portfolio. Once I started making phone calls, I learned that when it comes to video production, there are a lot of variables. Some whiteboard companies don’t actually draw objects, some companies have a completely different team for sales vs. project management/design, some don’t return phone calls, and some made me feel like a very small fish in a big pond. And then there was Marc Strong from Wienot Films. From the first time I stumbled onto Wienot’s channel, I was impressed. I found the company name to be witty and creative, and I found myself watching their videos from beginning to end, across topics and industries. For me, these videos stood out from the pack and were no comparison to the 35+ other companies in my notes. When I called, Marc answered and was very helpful, anticipating my questions and providing informative answers. My notes from that day to my husband/work partner: “Dedicated writing team, focus on the importance of script to make a successful video, which is so important to us... Sounded really easy to work with.”

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

That first impression note was quite accurate foreshadowing! Marc and his team at Wienot were an absolute delight to work with, and their dedication to writing a great script and execute it visually went above and beyond our expectations. We even learned a few things that have helped our own business workflow, as Marc introduced us to Google Docs through the scriptwriting process, and it makes for such an organized back and forth process.

There were a few times in the process when I got hung up in the details (pitfalls of a type-A personality), and yet they weren’t phased by it and even offered helpful suggestions and solutions to ease any concerns. Then came even more magic; they immediately “got” our concept for branding and message, and nailed the look and feel of the characters, storyboard, and animation. And they thought through all the little details, things we didn’t even think to ask.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

In each step of the process, communication was clear and the project was extremely well-managed by Marc from beginning to end.

In any creative endeavor, there is an element of unknown as you're putting your trust and finances in the hands of another. So, when we received receipt of the final video we felt a bit like kids on Christmas morning… is the gift you are unwrapping going to live up to your expectations? In this case, it exceeded them in every way! The unwrapping was pressing play, and what great joy we experienced in doing so—not just in that first viewing, but over and over as we watched on screen all the efforts having been orchestrated into something truly above and beyond what we had anticipated! Then came the test of adding it to our homepage and social media channels. Shortly after we posted the video, my husband had a phone call from someone he considers an industry expert, and she had seen it online. He was so pleased with her compliments that he quickly jotted them down: "engaging... I watched to the end not expecting to... it was very clear". And when I emailed our branding team for placement advice on the website, I cc'd the owner and she emailed back, "This video is so freaking awesome! I love it! I must know who is responsible for this magic?" We already LOVED it no matter what we heard back, but it was still awesome to hear how much it resonated with others too.

The workflow throughout the project was extremely effective. It was amazing to us how quickly they were able to truly understand our company goals in relation to the industry and summarize information for the storyboard. This happened after one main call and a written questionnaire. Then, as mentioned previously, Wienot utilized Google Docs, which made it easy to provide and receive feedback throughout the script and storyboard processes.

We were so impressed with Marc’s creativity alongside such amazing attention to detail. In summary, if you are looking for a video team, let my due diligence save you the time I spent watching all those videos when we were searching for a partner in this project: go with Wienot Films. The only disappointing thing about being finished with this project is that we aren’t still working with Marc!

The excellence at Wienot sure makes us want to find ways to partner with them in the future as we grow, as we know we can trust any project to their capable hands and creative minds. We can't thank them enough for such a professional and amazing final product. It was well worth the investment, and they have our highest recommendation.

No areas for improvement, we would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Overall Score There aren't enough words. If you are looking for a video company, look no further than Wienot!
    Everything was timely.
    This was the largest investment we've made in marketing as a small business, but it was worth it.
    Excellent. Exceeded all our expectations!
    They have our highest recommendation and we hope to work with them again ourselves.