Building brand awareness & increasing sales

We're focused on delivering incredible work that yields extraordinary results for our clients. Building brand awareness, increasing sales and growing businesses just comes with the territory. We've helped businesses of all shapes and sizes, so, what we can do for you?

In work as in life, you get the best results when you keep it simple. So we started Westwerk Design by subtracting everything that complicates and compromises the business: overcrowded meetings, jargon-infused gibberish, egos in constant need of stroking, needless layers of meddling, muddling management, and the words “good enough.” In fact, we got rid of everything except super-smart and talented people, an unflagging passion for inspiring design, and a bedrock-deep belief that the greatest work is work that sells.

That’s how we created an agency we love enough to call home, and that our clients love enough to trust with their business and recommend to their friends. It’s also a blueprint for the way we’ll work with you.

2005
Minneapolis, MN
  • 1621 E Hennepin Ave #B6
    Minneapolis, MN 55414

TicketFly, Zumba, Marsh, Boise State University, Minnesota Opera, Pollen

Focus on Boise State Image

Focus on Boise State

Between the persistent navigation, a rich system of cross-connecting related articles, and elaborate long-form content, it’s easier than ever for users to access everything that an issue of FOCUS has to offer. The small admin team can create a unique long-format story with multiple layout options and easily embed a variety of media in just a few clicks.

The project has been a huge success, allowing FOCUS to reach a

wider demographic without losing sight of the usability needs of its core audience.
McCrea's Candies Image

McCrea's Candies

After an extensive Rebrand that included Brand positioning, Logo, Packaging, Copywriting, eCommerce website, POS displays and a Trade Show booth, McCrea's has seen over a 150% increase in sales in just the first 6 months!

Pollen Image

Pollen

Together with Pollen, we developed a website that pushes the boundaries of how connections are made, opportunities are shared and stories are consumed. The new site fully embodies the organization’s commitment to being bold, and embraces the spirit and innovation of the Pollen community. Pollen’s content editing abilities now rival those of million-dollar

publications, but on a non-profit budget. The impact has been

wide-reaching. Pollen’s membership has shot up, views of its content are soaring and the organization is on track to reduce its reliance on grants and continue empowering communities through a more sustainable publishing model.
Travel Beyond Image

Travel Beyond

We worked with Travel Beyond to refine its entire user experience – from a user’s initial visit on the website to receiving printed travel documents, every detail was accounted for in the rebrand. Stationery, business cards, stickers, email signatures and newsletter templates were revamped to ensure a cohesive brand experience across all touch points. Additionally, we created a brand guide to help Travel Beyond seamlessly roll

out and execute the new brand internally and externally.

Shopping Mall Brand Design

"I have to say that what we received was well beyond what we asked."

Westwerk provided design services for the client's merchant association. They conduct an annual marketing campaign and are currently on a third iteration for the website.

Rochester, Minnesota
Property Manager, Shopping & Dining Mall

The client is extremely satisified with Westwerks results, as is the association. The quality of work matches the best in the industry, and Westwerk is highly recommended.

Could you describe your company?

My company is divided with a lot of companies, but specifically, Westwerk completed design work for a retail mall. It’s the small mall with a few national accounts.

What is your position within the company?

Manager.

What business challenges were you attempting to address when you began the relationship with Westwerk?

To increase sales to the individual merchants, and the mall as a whole. To generate activity, and to update the mall itself physically, meaning if we had a blank wall to have them design something attractive to the mall, as well as giving that vibrancy to make it look like there’s more activity. One objective for the merchants themselves was to increase local traffic on weekends.

What was your process for selecting Westwerk Design to work with?

Very fortunately for us, Westwerk had been the business designer for a restaurant group from Minneapolis that had chosen to locate across the street from us. Westwerk did the design concepts, the branding and everything from venues and advertising, and it was so impressive that I had to use them for ourselves.

Could you describe the scope of the project in greater detail?

The merchants have an association, and part of their rent fee goes into an association fee. The merchants have have to agree as a group on advertising and marketing. It starts as a pretty small scope because they have a limited budget, but because the work was so impressive, they became very creative in expanding their budget. I can’t give you in terms of actual dollars, what their budget was but, I know it increased because they were so impressed with Dan’s work. They were finding anywhere they could cut out to have him do this work.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this project in monetary terms?

It would be probably under $50,000, but close to that amount.

When was the site completed and launched?

I don’t have any paperwork in front of me, but I’m going to guess three years ago. I think we’re on our third campaign with him because not only did he do the website, but he does a marketing campaign for us annually.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

My staff has been very impressed with their work. We went into the project with minimal experience and relatively low expectations, especially after hearing some of the horror stories around IT projects. I have to say that what we received was well beyond what we asked. I really can't sing their praise enough.

When working with them, is there anything you'd consider unique about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors?

I‘m not sure I have words in my vocabulary to define the difference. The merchants had worked with a local firm, and their computers didn’t work. It was amateur versus professional basically. I hate to put down somebody else, but the difference is so huge in margin. I don’t know how to define it. It’s beautiful, and I was just mesmerized by it. I think he rivals anything I’ve seen in New York and D.C. and Minneapolis, but just in my personal working experience, it’s not even comparable actually.

In retrospect, are there areas you think they could improve on as a service provider?

It’s funny, because I find myself using really off-the-chart words, but I really mean them. The merchants are pretty tough customers and there are deadlines involved. I’ve given this some thought because I know my review is so glowing, and I’m trying to think, "Is there anything I can criticize them on?" I just can’t think of a thing.

It's costly, by the way. But right now, we’re extremely satisfied for the quality.