Turning Online Advertising Into Profit

Welby helps companies make more profit through intelligent data-driven marketing with creative design & rigorous testing.

Calgary, Canada

Johnnie Walker | Diageo Canada | Embassy Suites by Hilton | McSweeney's Premium Meat Snacks | Canadian Auto Brokers | GYMVMT | GlassMasters Auto Glass | Green Drop | ClearView Plumbing & Heating | Express Garage Doors | Abatix | Sparks Consulting | Rocky Mountain Auto Credit | Tierra Huichol | BLKWTR Creative | Kicker Video | Pump Interactive

CanadianAutoBrokers.ca Image

CanadianAutoBrokers.ca

Responsive custom WordPress website built to SEO & PPC best practices.

Toorzy.com Social Media Campaign Image

Toorzy.com Social Media Campaign

Design & execution of organic social media campaign for Toorzy.com

Minto Era Portal Image

Minto Era Portal

Designed an interactive portal in collaboration with Calgary-based Design Agency, BLKWTR Creative.

SEO, SEM, Web Dev & Design for Auto Credit Company

“I can always count on them to come to the table with innovative solutions.”

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

Welby Consulting provided technical assistance and creative work to an automotive finance company. After performing an SEO audit, they built up a site that was better equipped to generate and manage leads.

Alberta, Canada
Réal Binette
Founder, Rocky Mountain Auto Credit

The completed work has catalyzed a significant ROI for the partner, who is now receiving more quality leads and increased revenue. The team exceeded deadlines and tailored their work to appeal to audiences with intent to purchase. Customers can expect a collaborative, dedicated team.

I’m the founder and operations manager at a specialized automotive finance company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We were trying to go lead generation through SEO and social media on our own but weren’t getting any traction. After we got in touch with them, they created our website, handled SEO, and took over Facebook Ads campaigns.

We started without a great digital footprint or presence. They examined our situation and developed a plan to boost our SEO from the ground up. Their team was able to put everything under the microscope fairly quickly.

Prior to them coming on board with us, we had a basic, rudimentary website that we built ourselves. It gave us an online presence, but it left us without an identity. On that front, they produced creative assets and got us on Instagram. By including our lead form and application materials on the site, they helped us weave contact information into our CRM. They served as both a creative and technical resource on the effort.

We worked directly and solely with Grant (President & Digital Marketing Consultant) on the project. He was able to pull everything together for us.

How did you come to work with Welby Consulting?

When I ran a few Google searches, he was the first result to pop up several times. That sold me on their ability to boost the organic search performance of my company. It seemed that he could provide us a turnkey solution.

We spent between $50,000–$100,000.

We started in September 2018, and our teams have an ongoing relationship.

Within the first few months of working with them, we’ve generated over $1,500,000. The cost per lead has been very low compared to what we’re used to. Our investment with them has been nominal compared to what we got out of it.

A few months after hiring them, our revenue shot through the roof. We went from generating bogus leads from social media into converting consumers and narrowing our market. Our ads are now targeting the right people, and they’re making purchases with us. It’s been remarkable.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

They exceeded deadlines every time, always coming in well ahead of schedule. He’s passionate about what he does and works late to make sure we get the results we need.

They live and breathe SEO, so they’re super aware of new trends in the industry. I can always count on them to come to the table with innovative solutions. His enthusiasm makes it feel like he’s part of the team. I can’t see us moving forward without involving him.

I can’t think of anything. He’s super responsive to us.

If you’ve found them, there’s a good chance that you’ve found what you’re looking for. They’re a one-stop-shop.

He’s my secret weapon, but I’d recommend him.

PPC Management & SEO Services for Garage Door Company

“They are very flexible, which makes my life much easier.”

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Welby Consulting provides digital marketing services to a garage door installation company to boost their presence on Google. They primarily focus on PPC, but they also do some SEO.

Calgary, Canada
Ron Yimanishov
Owner, Express Garage Doors

Welby Consulting’s work can be attributed to a 50% increase in site traffic and substantial savings on PPC spend. Internal stakeholders are amazed by how quickly they’ve delivered results. Ambitious, ethical, and client-oriented, the team communicates and trouble-shoots seamlessly.

I’m the owner of Express Garage Doors in Calgary. We deal with garage doors and openers and do installations and repairs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

I have been operating in Calgary for around four years, and the main challenge has been to bring in work. Google is our main source of traffic, but there is a lot of competition. My challenge was to establish an efficient way of getting clientele from Google. I had worked with other SEO and PPC consultants, and all of them failed. I had almost no results through those long-term relationships.

When I met with Welby Consulting, they assessed the situation pretty quickly and told me what could be done. They mostly do PPC work, although they provide some SEO services.

I work with Grant (President, Welby Consulting).

How did you come to work with Welby Consulting?

I did some research on Google and discovered two companies. I found Grant to be the most professional, and we scheduled an appointment. I showed him what was going on with my business. There was a lot to go over, but he quickly assessed everything and got back to me with a proposal.

I have spent around $5,500 so far.

I began working with them in January 2020, and the work is still ongoing.

There’s been a huge improvement. For the past month, I have gotten 50% more traffic. I’ve also saved 30% on my PPC spend. I’ve seen a big turnaround so far, and I’m super happy.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication is phenomenal. If there is any little issue, Grant is on the phone right away trying to solve it. The communication is 10 out of 10. We mostly communicate through email, phone calls, and text messages. They are very flexible, which makes my life much easier.

Their ethics and ambition, combined with how they treat their clients, are impressive. They love what they do.

To be honest, I am super happy, and I haven’t seen any areas for improvement.

Just give them a shot. I left the guys I was working with for a couple of years because I didn’t see an improvement. Try them out; you won’t be disappointed.

Overall Score I would give them 10 out of 5.

Digital Marketing Services for Heating Company

“They don't just do the work for us, they truly want us to succeed.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

After redesigning a website, Welby Consulting oversaw SEO and PPC campaigns and helped build a maintenance platform. They continue to manage Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Michael Durrant
Owner, North Island Mechanical Ltd.

The website is interactive and easy to navigate and the user engagement is on the rise. Welby Consulting went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise and ability to make their clients a priority helped them set the project up for success.

I'm the owner of North Island Mechanical. We're a heating and air conditioning company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We needed a vendor to help us grow our online presence. We worked with a few other vendors in the past, but we were not seeing any results, so we wanted to find a new company.

Welby Consulting redesigned our website, making it more interactive and user-friendly. They also helped us build our maintenance platform and acquire ownership of our domain name (so we didn’t need to have a third-party vendor on it). They've taken over management of our social media accounts and regularly create posts for our Facebook and Instagram. In addition, they did keyword research and oversaw SEO and PPC campaigns for us.

We work with about seven members of their team.

How did you come to work with Welby Consulting?

They were referred to us. They had a track record of success working with similar companies and helping them grow, so we thought they'd be a good fit.

We pay them $4,000 a month.

We started working with them in October 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

Our service department has increased by about 50% and we know whether our phone calls originated from our website or our Facebook page.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and willing to provide feedback. We have a weekly phone call to discuss the status of the project and we use email to stay in touch between the calls. In addition, they send us monthly reports with updates.

I feel that I matter to them as a client. They don't just do the work for us, they truly want us to succeed. That is what has helped my business grow.

No. I'm happy with the services I've received.

I'd definitely recommend them.

Adwords Campaign for Industrial Distributor

"They provided a high level of marketing expertise at a cost-effective price."

Aug. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Welby Consulting developed ad/branded campaigns and created keyword lists to increase exposure. They also used Google AdWords/Google Analytics and provided external marketing specialists.

Mesquite, Texas
Dan Bronson
Manager of Digital Team, Abatix

The keywords and campaigns implemented increased clickthrough rates and engaged customers with the website. Welby's commitment to deadlines, expertise in marketing strategies, and cost-effective work made them an excellent partner.

I am the manager of the digital team at Abatix, an industrial distributor that serves restoration construction to specialty contracting fields. Our team is responsible for digital marketing and the e-commerce website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We wanted to gain exposure for our e-commerce site through online marketing.

Welby Consulting built ad campaigns for a category of products and produced branded campaigns for our clients. They created keyword lists using SEO best practices and used Google AdWords/Google Analytics to target customers. They also provided marketing advice from external specialists in the industry.

We worked with a digital marketing consultant.

How did you come to work with Welby Consulting?

We were referred to them by a friend who told us they were experts we could trust.

We invested about $10,000-$25,000 in total.

We started working together in August 2017 through January 2018.

They increased clickthrough rates and the engagement metrics showed that customers were more interested in our website.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered their work on time. They kept within our budget and provided us professional reports to give us insight into their work.

Compared to competitors, they provided a cost-effective service with a high level of expertise. Welby was honest and upfront about problems outside of their scope of work. They were well connected to experts in the industry and contacted them for better suggestions.

No, they did an excellent job.

Get the experts in your business that understand your customers well to work with Welby. Make sure to also provide any technical access up front.

Digital Strategy for Experiential Education Company

“Unlike most consultants, they’re autonomous and proactive, accomplishing things without having to rely on us.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Welby consults on PPC ad strategy, suggesting changes to SEO, branding, and the website to improve marketing. They referenced conversion data to track leads and evaluate the system processes.

Washington, D.C.
Ryan Sparks
CEO, Sparks Consulting

Welby consistently provides high-quality and impressive services. Their insight has resulted in increased conversions, even while marketing spend has decreased. They have monthly reports and meetings, requiring minimal oversight to be effective.

I’m the CEO of Sparks Consulting, an experiential education company with secondary products and college counseling.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We needed a better PPC ad strategy.

Without conversion data, Welby was able to reorganize our PPC efforts to be more efficient. They then advised us on website, branding, and SEO changes necessary to upgrade our overall marketing quality. In the past 12 months, we’ve spent $150,000 making the changes they’ve suggested for our website.

After that, we brought in more electronically-generated conversion data to establish a better understanding of how leads are processed through our system. This analysis eventually helped us save quite a bit of money. We’re pretty hands off and let Welby manage our digital marketing practices with minimal oversight.

We have one main point of contact.

We found them on Upwork.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000.

We began working together in February 2017.

We have a higher level of conversions now, even though we've decreased our marketing costs by 30%.

We recently restructured our personnel, getting rid of nearly 90% of our consultancies, but we kept Welby. That should show how much we value their work.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

We talk about once a month to coordinate plans and check up on their work.

Unlike most consultants, they’re autonomous and proactive, accomplishing things without having to rely on us. A lot of companies offer the same services Welby does, but it’s difficult to find someone who’s as good as them. They follow through and do their best work on every project.

For what we needed, they’ve done a great job meeting expectations.

Google Adwords Campaign for Video Production Company

“They're invested in our success and have become our true partner.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Taking charge of Google AdWords campaigns, Welby Consulting has been focusing on increasing the number of leads. They also made structural changes to the website to improve Google rankings.

Managing Director, Kicker Inc.

Within the first month, the number of leads went up 40%, while total investment in ads decreased. Going above and beyond to understand the business, they exceeded all expectations, while their expertise and commitment helped them build a positive relationship.

I work at Kicker Inc., which is a video production firm that serves clients in 32 US states and all Canadian provinces.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We were not getting the results we were looking for from our Google AdWords campaigns, so we wanted to find a professional vendor to help us manage those campaigns.

They took complete charge of our Google AdWords campaigns, focusing on increasing the number of leads we get. They also made some structural changes to the website to make it user-friendly and easy to navigate. Even though they don’t manage our SEO, they’re helping us improve our Google rankings through website updates.

How did you come to work with them?

We were referred to them by a third party, so we interviewed them. We chose Welby because they seemed more engaged and invested in our success than other vendors we were considering. Any time we take on a vendor we want to make sure they can become a real partner to us. And that's the relationship Welby was able to establish.

We've spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We started working with them in March 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've been very pleased with the results. We saw a 40% increase in leads within the first 30 days. Since then, we've been getting 50-70% more qualified leads from our Google AdWords campaigns than we've ever had in the past. Also, we've reduced our ad spending: for every dollar we spend with Welby, we get three or four in return.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They've stayed on top of things, providing us with regular reports and analytics. We also have scheduled meetings where we discuss how the sales are going. They're constantly working to understand our needs and our campaigns, so we get a very good value for our money.

They're invested in our success and have become our true partner.

I can't think of anything.

Overall Score The revenue we're gaining well exceeds the amount we invest in their services.
    They're a little more expensive than other vendors, but we receive more than we spend.
    I'd definitely recommend them.

PPC, SEO, & Website Redesign for Plumbing Business

“We’re getting great value and a great service.”

Welby Consulting provides SEO, PPC, and website redesign services, focusing on optimizing the site and increasing the leads it receives.

Alberta, Canada
Melanie Lumsden
Marketing Director, Clearview Plumbing and Heating

The ongoing project has so far produced good results, with improved understanding of the site’s lead generation and significant savings in the PPC area. They are organized, responsive, and transparent, displaying dedication to the project and integrating into the team.

Our business is Clearview Plumbing and Heating. We mainly serve residential clients for plumbing and heating problems in the City of Calgary. I take care of marketing and admin.

What challenge were you trying to address with Welby Consulting?

We wanted to get more calls and clients. We needed to augment our team as our current outside consultant wasn’t performing well.

The majority of our new clients come to our website through PPC. Our company had been shrinking because we weren’t getting enough calls for over a year and a half, which wasn’t all attributable to the market and economy.

Grant (President & CEO, Welby Consulting) came to work with us as a consultant. He went through our entire website then designed a new plan to increase calls that involved work on both PPC and SEO.

He very quickly learned a lot about our business and really dived in. He was interested in all aspects of the business and asked questions no one else has asked before. It was great to have a fresh pair of eyes looking at our whole business. We get a lot more value that we expected from him. Eventually, I think he will be redo our website as well.

We work directly with Grant.

How did you come to work with Welby Consulting?

We were getting a lot of talk but not a lot of action from our last provider, so decided to move to another consultant. Someone we know referred them to us.

They hadn’t personally used their services but had met Grant. We’ve always used web providers who aren’t in Calgary, so it’s nice that Welby Consulting are local and we can meet in person.

We have spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We began working with them in January 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We can now see where we’re at, where the website is at, and where our calls are coming from. We can see where improvements could be made, as well as what is and isn’t working.

The biggest thing so far has been the savings. Previously, we were just throwing money at PPC, which only 5% of our calls were coming from. We’ve gone from spending $12,000 or more per month on PPC, to around $3,000. The rest of the changes need to come through SEO, but that takes time.

How did Welby Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re extremely fast at responding and are incredibly organized and thorough. We have in-person meetings when needed and there haven’t been any problem. We’re getting great value and a great service. Grant is very intelligent and well versed in what he is doing. He’s passionate about what he does—it’s not just a job for him. While he is an outside consultant, I feel like he’s part of our team.

I appreciate that Grant give us access to everything so we can see it for ourselves. We’ve always had to take the word of our providers as to what has been going on. Grant changed that and gave us access to passwords and login information for all sorts of things. He took the time to explain what it all means and what is significant. His integrity and knowledge is impressive. I’ve never worked with a provider like them in the past—it’s been so refreshing. We get the full picture of what is required to do something and how long it takes.

No, I haven’t come across anything at this time.

Overall Score Grant is a great person to work with. He has a sense of humor, he understands things, and he’s interesting. It’s been an extremely positive experience.
    It’s been excellent value.
    It’s been very high quality and on time. They do what they says they are going to do.
    I would refer them to anyone.