B2B Inbound Marketing Agency

Weidert Group is a B2B inbound marketing agency based in Appleton, Wisconsin. A certified HubSpot partner since 2011, Weidert Group achieved Platinum-level partner status with HubSpot in 2015. HubSpot is the leading marketing automation and sales software, with over 11,000 customers in 70 countries.

Weidert Group is a full-service agency providing all components of an inbound marketing and sales effort: website and UX design, content strategy and development, search engine optimization (SEO), social media management, lead nurturing, sales enablement services, and overall marketing management.

Clients represent B2B companies in industrial manufacturing, insurance & financial services, industrial A/E/C, and industrial distribution—in addition to software and service companies supporting these industries.

Want to supercharge your sales funnel? We'd be happy to demonstrate the power of inbound marketing to attract qualified leads and turn them into customers. Check out our endless inbound marketing resources at www.weidert.com/resources

1980
Appleton, WI
  • Weidert Group
    901 S. Lawe St.
    Appleton, WI 54915
    920.731.2771

Sentry Equipment • Marion Body Works • Wipfli • CUNA Mutual Group • U.S. Lubricants, a Division of U.S. Venture • Seagate High Performance Computing • Continental Properties • Crane Engineering • Gravie • Fisher Tank Company

Inbound Marketing for Office Technology Provider

"The personal relationship we’ve established over time is great."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Focusing on increasing organic traffic, Weidert Group designed and developed a company website from scratch. The team creates content and landing pages, and supports social media for inbound marketing strategy.

Madison, Wisconsin
Connie Dettman
Director of Marketing, Gordon Flesch Company

Weidert Group’s work has brought the site from the 5th page of search results to the 1st, and new leads tripled the original goal set for the project. The team is organized and methodical, consistently staying on task. They are accommodating, even when faced with a last-minute change.

I’m the director of marketing for Gordon Flesch Company. Our company provides office equipment, managed IT services, managed print services, and a long list of office technologies. We manage all of that for companies in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

When I joined the company in January of 2016, our website was lacking in content, and we had problems being found online. Everyone was disappointed with the results of what we had, so I was charged with building a new site.

We built a completely new website from the ground up. We based it on a HubSpot platform. In the background is our inbound software, and that runs continuously. We’re constantly getting leads from the website, and that was the goal. We never had that opportunity before to capture potential customers and be able to reach out to them.

Weidert provided both design and development of the site. They contributed content as well. We pulled some of the copy over, but we completely rewrote almost everything so that it was more concise and approachable. They had their hand in doing all of that. Landing pages were a focus for this. SEO [search engine optimization] was also a key part of the strategy.

Weidert Group also helps us with our social media schedules, and then posting on our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We just launched an email campaign last month that was very successful, and we’ll carry through on a monthly basis from now on.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

I knew about inbound marketing and HubSpot, so I looked for the best in Wisconsin to work with, and Weidert came up as one of the best agencies. I went to HubSpot and asked who their gold partners were and the agencies with whom they worked most successfully. HubSpot recommended Weidert and another company in Ohio.

I met with Weidert and found out that they’re one of our clients. They’d been doing business with Gordon Flesch for quite some time, so it seemed like a perfect fit. They knew who we were, and they were one of the best in Wisconsin, if not the Midwest.

How much have you invested with Weidert Group?

This information is confidential, but we stuck to the budget and got the site done on time. We have an ongoing monthly fee now for their services.

We started working together in May of 2016, and the work is ongoing.

Before the new site, we were on the fifth page in a Google search. With the new site and all the content we brought to it, we’re now found much easier. We’re on the front page. The results speak for themselves with the number of leads we get monthly. It’s tremendous.

In the first month, we had 10 to 15 qualified leads for our sales team, and they were ecstatic because they’d never gotten those before. We set a goal to be at a certain amount of traffic and qualified leads within six months. Five months into it, we’re three times the amount we had projected. We’re very happy with the results.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Weidert Group is very organized and methodical, which I really appreciate. They keep everything on task, have a schedule, and follow through. When we ask them to do something that may be different or an addition to the work, they were very accommodating. The project management has been excellent. The level of communication has been very good. We mainly communicated by email. We do have a Google Stackdriver that we incorporate, but that’s been more recently.

What did you find most impressive about Weidert Group?

The personal relationship we’ve established over time is great. We’ve gotten to know Weidert Gropu's staff. They’re very accommodating and helpful when we ask for a last-minute change. They’re very agile in that way. We’ve developed a level of mutual trust.

Are there any areas Weidert Group could improve?

No, I have nothing to recommend.

Overall Score It’s been a very positive experience. I couldn’t ask for anything better.
    If a deadline was missed, it was due to delays or changes on our end.
    Weidert Group put in so many hours. We work well together. We don’t waste each other’s time; we make a decision and move on.
    We finished the site on time and budget. Weidert Group delivered exactly as promised.
    I have already recommended Weidert Group.

Hubspot Management & Content Creation for Plastics Products Firm

"If they [Weidert Group] say something’s going to be done it’s done."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Weidert Group was hired to help manage Hubspot and create content for blogs and social media.

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Matt Fehrmann
IT & Marketing Manager at Kaysun Corporation

The client's website traffic has increased, and the quality of their leads has been better. The client appreciates that Weidert Group is collaborative, and gets the work done.

Kaysun is in the business of manufacturing plastic components for a wide variety of verticals - automotive, military, medical, consumer, and industrial. I am the IT and marketing manager. My focus on the marketing side is purely digital.

What challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

Our business challenge was inbound marketing. I have been a longtime Hubspot proponent, so I’ve taken Kaysun a long way with regard to inbound marketing. It’s the only way to do it in today’s world. I took it as far as I can take it. IT is my primary role; marketing is something I fell into. I didn’t have the time that I needed to do everything I could on the inbound marketing side.

Weidert Group handles Hubspot and is the expert with the platform. They do a lot of marketing automation and lead nurturing - all the automated strategies to help a client through the sales funnel. In our business, we have an extremely long sales cycle - 18 months to 2 years from initial contact to the start of production. Because of that, implementing strategies to help move this process along is crucial. The second biggest reason we went to them is because we could not find anybody that was able to produce content for us that was ready to go without a lot of internal hands on. They have been able to do that. We continue to be impressed by the content that comes out of their group. They write for blogs and white papers or e-books. That’s what we needed. We have a group meeting and we go through each vertical, and we brainstorm as a team for things to write about. That planning stage is what allows them to produce content that’s relevant and of top quality, because we give them ideas and tell them where to research, and they’re able to turn it around.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

We had a good writer but he wasn’t very structured. Weidert brought a structured approach where they lay out an editorial calendar. I wanted to find a firm that had the same ideals that I had. Weidert Group was that agency.

How much have you invested with Weidert Group?

We spend $5,000 to $10,000 per month.

We started talking in October of 2015. We kicked it off in January.

Our website traffic has increased and the quality of leads have been better overall. Our customers really like the content, and we’re building an audience. Our sales team is changing too. Our sales manager has said that Weidert Group and Kaysun has made being a sales person a lot easier, and it’s more structured too. Weidert doesn’t just stop at marketing. They are closing our loop between marketing and sales, which is very rare. Our next meeting is going to be about sales.

Finding somebody to write blogs is easy, but finding somebody to write white papers is not. They’ve been amazing and it has been a collaborative effort. Our owner said he’s really impressed with their structure.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Phenomenal. If they say something’s going to be done, it’s done. They are waiting on us. They have polite reminders for us when we’re delayed.

What did you find most impressive about Weidert Group?

We were with a different marketing firm out of Milwaukee that was stuck in the traditional days. They are way ahead of the times and very experienced. Sitting with Weidert Group is a breath of fresh air. Every company needs to be in this game, and Weidert is.

Are there any areas Weidert Group could improve?

I’m very impressed. I can’t think of anything. They do what’s needed. They take my feedback with open arms. They’re great at trying things again when it failed the first time.

Content Marketing for Insurance Company

"The Weidert Group’s ability to understand my business and help create content that was impactful was a big deal."

Weidert Group developed a marketing automation program and managed the project after launch. They created content such as tip sheets, eBooks, and evaluation tools to be used on web landing pages and for email marketing.

Madison, Wisconsin
Director, Marketing at Insurance Company

The conversion rate has consistently increased an average of 40%. Weidert Group was very responsive to the client's needs, provided regular reports and updates, and partnered well with the client's company.

I work for an insurance company. I am the Director of Marketing Communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

We wanted them to provide marketing innovation that would differentiate us from other insurance agencies. Also to generate leads for our insurance agency partners.

They helped us with marketing automation. We used them to design and launch our marketing automation program. They also provided project management services to keep the program moving once we launched. They provided content development for all of our high-value content associated with the marketing automation program. They were creating things like tip sheets, eBooks, and evaluation tools. Those tools were being used on our web landing pages and for our email marketing campaigns.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

I was working on a non-profit board with Weidert Group’s owner. I was describing some of my business challenges and he felt that it was something they could help with. What sold me was that their approach was innovative and it was directly connected to lead generation.

How much have you invested with Weidert Group?

The project was over $100,000.

The projects are complete.

One of the biggest results that we saw was an increase in conversion rate. Our average was consistently around 40%.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Weidert Group was a natural extension of our organization. It was really seamless. The regular cadence of reports and communication was perfect, and they were very responsive when we had specific needs that would develop.

What did you find most impressive about Weidert Group?

Weidert Group’s ability to understand my business and help create content that was impactful was a big deal. They learned quickly and created content that added value.

Are there any areas Weidert Group could improve?

Not that comes to mind. It was a fun, innovative project that we worked on together.

Web Design & Inbound Marketing for Food Seller

"We certainly have a much more commanding presence online than we used to have."

n/a

Weidert Group completed a total overhaul of the client's outdated website, established their mobile and online presence, and built an inbound marketing strategy. They currently provide copywriting, social media, and blogging services.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Nick Charles
President, AK Pizza Crust

The new site exceeded the client's expectations, with 5,200 visits in the first quarter and 8,500 six months after launching. Weidert Group provides consistent, weekly communication and an expansive team of professionals.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

We’re a food manufacturer in the Midwest. We make primarily pizza crusts, flatbreads, and dough balls. I am the company president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

We needed a re-work of our website, which had become pretty old, stagnant, and stale. We also had acquired a company that had a very large, disorganized website. In acquiring that company, we acquired a part of our business that was new to us. That was going to require us to appeal to a different market than we had in the past. We needed to tie all these things together.

Our website was seriously outdated and we had no mobile presence at all. We were doing nothing with the site, which was maybe eight pages in total, and all of them were just flat panels. The website for the company we acquired was almost like an encyclopedia of all of their products, categories, and tools that a potential customer could use. We needed everything pulled together and a total graphic overhaul. We needed a different mobile-compatible platform. We needed to be on social media—Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. We needed everything that could be done as an online presence.

We gave Weidert Group an outline of what we thought was important. Beyond that, most of the creative work came from them. We had artwork already, nice high-quality photos that we used in handouts, mailers, and things like that. What we did not have was a way of combining all of that into a website in a meaningful way, something in different categories for potential customers to look at. Weidert Group came up with the form and format in which anyone can come to our site to find the things we offer.

We had no social media presence, but Weidert Group is now creating content and managing that for us. They really consolidated, cleaned up, and created everything that we were doing in the social media space. They’ve got a copywriter who is coming up with a concept for what the blog is going to be, defining a topic, doing a little bit of research, then turning the work over to us for editing and final approval before posting. That’s happening on a weekly basis.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

I interviewed three different firms that were in our local area. I wanted someone we would be able to have face-to-face contact with since this was a big venture for us, unlike anything we had ever done before.

I had a couple of meetings with them and three other firms in this area. Weidert Group very clearly knew their stuff regarding inbound marketing and seemed to have a pretty good grasp on how we would explain ourselves to somebody coming in the door. I just had a better comfort level with them than with the other firms.

How much have you invested with Weidert Group?

We’re spending about $5,000 to $10,000 a month working with them.

We are approaching the end of our first year with them, so the relationship is ongoing.

Could you share any evidence that would demonstrate the productivity, quality of work or the impact of the engagement?

Our target for website visits was about 3,200 website visits a quarter. In the first quarter, we were at about 5,200 visits. In the second quarter—basically six months after we began the new website—we were at about 8,500 visits. That’s been very nice. We certainly have a much more commanding presence online than we used to have.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Weidert Group is very good in terms of consistent communication. I would say that I hear from them a couple of times a week on average.

What did you find most impressive about Weidert Group?

I don’t know how many people are in their company, but when it comes down to finding somebody to manage these projects, they seem to have a very deep bench. If they don’t have somebody in-house, they find a firm in which they’re very confident. That has been very welcome to see.

Are there any areas Weidert Group could improve?

From my experience, no, not so far.

Overall Score I don’t have anything I can point to as a problem.
    They’re very communicative.
  • N/A Cost
    No hiccups in the process so far.
    Very likely.

Inbound Marketing for Electronics Provider

"They're one of those rare firms that genuinely cares about the outcomes."

Weidert Group implemented a marketing automation platform. They provided content, graphic design, social media, and blogging services. They are currently on a monthly retainer and complete various projects for the client.

Baltimore, Maryland
Chris Montgomery
Senior VP, DfR Solutions

Conversions, site visits, bookings, and revenue have all increased due to Weidert Group's work. They are very organized, provide regular updates and follow-ups, and deliver high quality, creative work.

My company is DfR Solutions. We’re the global leader in electronics for liability consulting and software for high-reliability applications. I’m Senior Vice President.

What challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

There were a few of them. Primarily, it was the implementation of the HubSpot marketing automation platform. They’re a HubSpot value-added reseller, but they’re an inbound marketing firm. We wanted Hubspot implemented, content development, and lead nurturing.

They did content for the website, social media, and blogging. They helped us develop content and graphics for a new website for a software we’re offering. They’ve also helped us do blog writing and social media posts for LinkedIn and Twitter. They run two blog posts a month and work very closely with our senior team. I think we probably do four other social media posts monthly.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

They were referred to me three or four years ago by HubSpot as a HubSpot partner at a previous company. They were at the top of my mind when we decided that we were going to implement the comprehensive inbound marketing program in 2015. Weidert Group was one of three companies that we put through a really rigorous evaluation process, and they came out on top.

How much have you invested with Weidert Group?

Without being terribly specific, our expense with them over the course of this year will wind up between $150,000 and $200,000 for a 12-month period.

We have a month-to-month arrangement for content, and then there is a relatively long list of other things that we have them do for us that are all on a project-by-project basis.

We’ve seen an increase of about 14% on site visits to our Sherlock site, which is significant. Our conversion metrics are all higher than they were before we had Weidert Group on board. It’s directionally positive in terms of visitors to the Sherlock site, and positive in terms of conversion rates at every stage of the funnel. We’ve also seen a pretty dramatic increase in bookings and revenue in our business this year. We’re confident that it is, in large measure, due to the work that they’ve done.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Weidert Group has done very well from a project management standpoint. They are extremely well-organized and follow-up consistently at the right time. We get intermittent non-scheduled emails from our project leader and from the senior consultant, and we also have a regularly scheduled weekly catch-up call. We’re never more than six days away from knowing exactly what’s going on.

What did you find most impressive about Weidert Group?

Weidert Group’s quality of work is always really high. The creativity they provide, in how we can modify things to improve, has all been great and proactive. I also think that they’re one of those rare firms that genuinely cares about the outcomes, not just for their own statistics but in terms of the outcomes for our business, its typical metrics, and for the people who work here. It’s a level of care that we think is frequently missing in businesses we deal with these days.

Are there any areas Weidert Group could improve?

The only thing I wish is that they were a little bit less busy sometimes. I don’t always get my calls responded as quickly as I would like, but that’s probably more a function of my impatience and their success as a business.

Overall Score It is excellent. There are probably ways that it could be better, but I don’t know what those are right off the top of my head.
    They’ve never missed a deadline.
    They’re better than almost any firm I’ve ever dealt with, but I think there’s always room to be a little bit better.
    There is always room for improvement. I don’t believe in perfection, but I think they do a really good job.
    I certainly would recommend them with no hesitation.

Content Marketing & SEO for Real Estate Developer

"They're excited about what they do, and they like what they do."

2013 - Ongoing

After successfully completing a website rebuild, Weidert Group was retained for content marketing and SEO services. They started with blogs and social media and have steadily increasing project responsibility.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Jean Jones
Marketing Manager, Continental Properties

Weidert Group produces about 30 articles a week for 10 active blogs, which has resulted in approximately 30 leads a week. Weidert's keywords have also moved the page from invisible to the first page in searches in just six months.

I work for Continental Properties. We are a national real estate developer that builds, owns, and operates 38 apartment communities throughout the United States. We also do some retail development and some hotel development.

I am the marketing manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Weidert Group?

We were in need of content marketing services from an agency. Additionally, last December [2015], we used Weidert Group to rebuild our corporate website.

We started just doing the blogging and social media posting all guided and downloadable content pieces with the guidance of Weidert. We did a test on a couple of communities, and we're pleased with the results, so we've been growing ever since.

How did you come to work with Weidert Group?

Several years ago, we started because the owner of Weidert Group asked me to speak to him about what they do as a marketing agency. They were a natural fit for us to use them for content marketing for our apartment communities.

We're spending close to $15,000 a month.

We launched our efforts with them in 2013 and have grown what we've done with them.

Right now, we're producing about 30 blog articles a week for several different blogs. I have 10 active blogs that they're helping produce content for. It is definitely getting visibility for our apartment brand throughout the United States. I probably have 30 leads a week directly attributed to our content marketing efforts with the downloadable pieces and the blogging.

We built the corporate website on HubSpot and has been tremendous in how much more visible it has made us. The important keywords that we want to rank for we've gone from being not visible at all to being on the first page in six months. This is a testament to what a great site that Weidert Group helped us rebuild.

It was a great experience, and it continues to be just because every day we're finding new ways to use it to achieve our corporate goals. One of the most important things we use the website for since we're growing so fast is attracting talent.

How did Weidert Group perform from a project management standpoint?

When I first spoke to them, I didn't know what content marketing was. They taught me a ton about what it is and how to employ it for our company's benefit. They're always a phone call away and very responsive by email. I don't feel like I have to wait to hear back from them if I have a question. They're always open about project timelines and estimated costs. If there's something that comes up that's going to cost extra, they're the first to pick up the phone and say this is what's going on. They're patient and very hands on in helping me explain what we were trying to achieve.

What distinguishes Weidert Group from other providers?

I've spoken to many companies that don't feel right. I've always felt that Weidert Group is being honest with me. They're excited about what they do, and they like what they do. I never had problems voicing my concerns either. They're down to earth and easy to work with.

Is there anything Weidert Group could have improved or done differently?

Not that I can think of.

Overall Score They are consistently very open and easy to reach when I need things.
    I say that knowing that we’re a hard company to deal with. We tend to be slow and then expect the deadline to be kept. We make it tough on people I think.
    The thing that most attracts me is you feel that we’ve never felt we were simply being sold.
    I have nothing received but compliments on the website -– people just love it.
    It’s an excellent relationship.