Building Mobile Apps That Inspire

We build online brands through trusted mobile apps and supporting web apps that help our clients achieve their business goals.

Led by a team of 100+ technology and marketing expert’s, Wegile delivers full-service products and digital marketing solutions for startups, small businesses and large enterprises across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia.

We use consultative branding strategy, responsive technology techniques combined with stunning branding and marketing intelligence to build your apps that helps you position your brand, promotes your products & services, and increase your business.

We use modern technologies, build market-leading products, and adhere to high standards in terms of engineering best practices (continuous deployment, continuous integration, automated testing, etc).

We build two main types of products: beautiful production apps built to support millions of users growing very rapidly, and hyper-fast MVP prototypes where speed is of the essence.

New York, NY
  • 3 COLUMBUS CIRCLE, 15TH FLOOR
    New York, NY 10019

Chad Carden - CEO JC Digital, Esaa Yamini - CEO GourmetMiles Inc, Mark Chamberlain - CEO App Vision Ltd, Christina Nelson - CEO - Juicebib Inc, Jim McCullen - VP Information Technology Century Logistics Inc

App Green Hotel (Travel Green) Image

App Green Hotel (Travel Green)

pp for the environmentally aware traveler who is looking for sustainable eco-friendly hotels and resorts. User can use the app to search globally for all accommodations. Green properties are displayed along with all available properties. App will give you a filter where you can easily switch between all properties and only Green properties.

Yaye Fitness App Image

Yaye Fitness App

It’s all about the Group - Form a private group with those you want to Yaye with. These are folks that you care about and want to move with. Simple goal setting - Set health goals that you want to achieve. Yaye celebrates your exercise goals equally – whether you’re running a marathon or walking around the block – it all counts towards the group’s success! Track your progress - Use Yaye to track what you’ve done against your
goal - it’s as easy as taking a photo. Yaye also integrates with Apple Health, so your Yaye workouts can be monitored in your favorite fitness apps.
Waddle Campus Image

Waddle Campus

Waddle Campus App lets Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni to socialize and share updates with their peers, privately.

Pull in posts and friends from your other social accounts; share or make a status update across one or all networks.

Lets you discover new friends with similar Major, Organization, and/or Sport interests and collaborate with anyone on campus.

Built-in chat (and group chat) with timed

messages. Facebook and Google chat integration included.
GourmentMiles Image

GourmentMiles

Gourmetmiles loyalty app eliminates the need to have multiple loyalty cards or apps since our software works with every restaurant. Free your customers from loyalty limbo. One App. All Restaurants.

Juicagogo Image

Juicagogo

Virtually anyone interested in living a healthy lifestyle will benefit from our application. There are over 6,300+ juice bars across the USA and Canada, find them easily and simply!

The Fan App Image

The Fan App

The Fan App will enhance your experience as a fan and give you an even better experience with the teams you are following!

With all your teams’ information at your fingertips, you will not only enjoy the season better, but also remember the experience; and with those two things combined, it will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information about your teams. Everything you need to know is a click away.

Contact Nucleus Image

Contact Nucleus

Contact Nucleus is more than just a unified address book; it brings all your “digital worlds” together – phone, social networks, email and more.

Share contact information and collaborate like never before.

Filter out the noise from your social platforms so you can focus on what is important to you.

Save time and stay connected.

FitSpark - Interval Workout Trainer & Quick Exercise Pal Image

FitSpark - Interval Workout Trainer & Quick Exercise Pal

FitSpark is a #1 Top Paid Health and Fitness App in Canada!

Enter FitSpark - the personal interval training fitness app - for home workouts, your lunch break at work, an add-on to your daily gym routine, or even hotel room exercise!

Want more variety and options than just 7 minutes and 7 exercises to help you light your fitness fire?

Mobile App Development for Personal Fitness App

"They've actually brought more to the table I initially bargained for."

Wegile created a mobile app for quick and effective workouts. The team worked off existing wireframes and performed all development work.

Vancouver, Canada
Tammy Uyeda
Co-founder, FitSpark

The final app reached number one in Canada’s App Store for Health and Fitness. The team’s project manager was an integral part in making sure that the vision was achieved. Wegile was enthusiastic and responsive, providing great recommendations and creativity.

The name of the company is FitSpark Health.  FitSpark is an app that we developed to provide people with a quick, fast, effective workout to do at home or on the go.

I'm founder and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

I have no background in technology at all. I’m a physical therapist by trade and really had no experience in anything in this way or this field at all. So though I had the ideas and pretty much laid out the wireframes before I came to Wegile they were the ones that technically had to put it together for me as I had no way of doing that myself.

Again, with respect to the technical components I really don’t know much about what happened behind the scenes there. The way I worked with Wegile was initially I was assigned a project manager.  She and I worked together on a daily basis for the first few months to refine the wireframes that I had brought to them and the flow of the app as well as come up with a design - actually the UI and UX of the app - as the final product before we actually then went to development.  She was integral in that and it was really the only communication I had with Wegile was through her. Then after we got to a point where we finalized the wireframes and flow of the app, at that point - about four months in - it went into development. At that point, it was mostly touching base with respect to testing and the fine points of design and whatnot.  We did both the iOS as well as the Android versions of the app so there was a little bit of going back and forth between the two versions. Initially, it was just Android that was completed or was worked on and then iOS came on pretty quickly. I think it was a few weeks behind Android and was basically working off the platform and a flow of Android algorithm design. About three-quarters of the way through the year the project manager ended up leaving, and I’ve been working with Sumit [Oberoi, CEO at Wegile].

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I initially just posted this as a project on Elance and pretty quickly, within the first 48 hours, I had more than 90 developers contact me begging to do the job. From that I shortlisted it down to five companies and from there we had Skype meetings and further shortlisted down to two companies. It was quite a difficult decision I have to say, as they were very similar in their approach, but it was Wegile’s persistence and the logistic depth of Sumit’s ability to kind of demonstrate that – they could bring things to the table beyond just developing the app. And that that did happen as the app ended up looking feeling very different than my initial concept of it. Whereas, the other company was going to do exactly what I’d asked them to do and in the end that would have been a different product, and not nearly as good, I should add.

It was around $30,000.

From beginning to end it was 11 months to when we launched it, which I understand is not unusual in the tech world. I think for both of us, the developers and myself, the scope of the app was a little bit larger than we initially anticipated it to be.

It hit number one in Canada in the health and fitness category in the App store, number 4 overall in apps in Canada. So we have had some ranking success that way there.  We were able to hit number one in the health and fitness category in three other countries as well.

That’s been a high point definitely since launching. Wegile has also been quite responsive to my queries and to my requests for different features to be involved.  Very rarely will they say no that just can’t be done. More often than not they’ll go back and say we can’t do this, but we can do this and this. They’ve actually brought more to the table I initially bargained for. This may have slowed down the process a little but overall, again, it’s a stronger product.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

I think it’s their enthusiasm, and their willingness to bring new ideas to the table. As I said before the app that we ended up building was so much better than what I originally conceived, and that’s a hundred percent due to Wegile’s recommendations and their ability to bring ideas to life.

Is there anything Wegile could have improved or done differently?

I think because they have such a plethora of big ideas and good ideas, it’s a matter of sifting through what’s doable and what’s practical in the time that we have. Overall, it’s obviously great that they’re so creative, and care enough to want to improve your app, but there were times that it slowed us up. To that end, I think things were a little smoother when I was assigned a direct project manager, later on in the project when I was working with Sumit things were a little less smooth. While Sumit is obviously incredibly smart and really the driving force behind Wegile’s focus on creativity and making your project better, he wasn’t really my project manager per se. So we weren’t working together as closely as I would have liked.

Mobile App Development for American Health/Lifestyle Startup

"I was skeptical about the type of support we'd get after we paid, and these guys were truly amazing."

May 2014 - July 2015

Wegile designed and developed a health and fitness app for small groups to encourage each other. The team was given basic wireframes to create both iOS and Android versions.

New York City Metro Area
Co-founder, Yaye

The team provided feedback and helpful advice during the project. The product has gotten an adequate number of downloads without any marketing because of its great quality. The team was very responsive, although they could improve on deadlines.

Yaye is a health and fitness app for small groups of family and friends. The concept of Yaye is that you will be more likely to keep your fitness goals if you have friends and family who can track your progress and hold you accountable. We've just released the app about two weeks ago. We've been working with the Wegile team since May 2014.

I am a co-founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

We are not technical by nature. So, we wanted to find a team who could help us turn our idea into a product. We met with a number of onshore and offshore developers and we finally settled on Wegile after searching for a while.

It was mainly design and development on both the iOS and Android platforms. We came to them with some basic wireframes, but they contributed heavily to the design and completed all of the development. Unlike some offshore firms, they will helpful in providing feedback and new ideas as the project went on.

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I believe we found them on UpWork or Elance. We sent out a few RFPs [request for proposals] and one of their marketing people contacted us. We were initially highly skeptical of going offshore because everyone thought it would take too long, they're not as competent, and so on. We felt these feelings were somewhat justified as we were interviewing various developers and development teams, but then we spoke with Sumit [Oberoi, CEO at Wegile], and he blew us away. For one, his spoken and written English is very good; he has spent an extensive amount of time in the West, and very much understands the business culture here.

One of the caveats we set upfront was we wanted to interface with Sumit throughout the whole project. He added so much to the product in terms of design and functionality and was absolutely crucial to its success.

It was around $45,000. Initially, the scope of the project was smaller, and I think it was $30,000 or $35,000. In agreement, we changed this scope to include some more features, which increased the cost. For that cost, we basically got a dedicated iOS developer, a dedicated Android developer, a design resource, someone was project managing the whole thing, and then a couple of iOS resources as needed.

The project started in May 2014. The actual development started in September [2014], and the launch was about two weeks ago [July 2015].

Overall, we've been very happy with the product. We launched two weeks ago, now we probably have around 1,000 downloads, and that's without any meaningful marketing program. On the release, we were featured by Apple in the Healthcare & Fitness category as a new leading app to track your activity. So, for version 1.0, which was built offshore from two nontechnical guys, we didn't expect that but we're very excited.

How did Wegile perform from a project management standpoint?

The timelines they set always ended up being longer than they initially say, but I think you could take that with a grain of salt. In their defense, the quality was excellent, and the timeline that they ended up delivering on was reasonable. They just way underestimated how long it would take. In their defense, I will say Sumit was always available – any time – day or night. If you had a question, he was there to help you, and he really doesn't care about the time. Even in the follow-ups, we've really felt that too.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

One thing that was really interesting was the post-production support. As part of the contract, once we released the apps and paid them the final installment, they also offered to give us ongoing production support of any defects that are identified. We had an issue in the first week after we launched, and those guys were unbelievable. Sumit called everyone in, and they were fixing bugs around the clock. I was skeptical about the type of support we'd get after we paid, and these guys were truly amazing. They went beyond what I thought we'd get.

Is there anything Wegile could have improved or done differently?

The only issue I would mention was the missed deadlines, which I mentioned a few questions previously.

When the timetables did extend, we weren't taken by surprise.
    Definitely. Not in terms of offshore, but in terms of locally. What we got would have been at least three to four times the cost.
     However, this is with the caveat that you continue to have access to Sumit. He was crucial to our success.

Mobile App Development for Shipping Logistics Firm

"[T]hey were one of a few companies that took the time to understand my business… before trying to solve my problem."

Wegile created iOS and Android mobile apps to improve retail product flow management. The team performed all design and development duties.

Richmond, Virginia
Vice President at Century Distribution Systems

Wegile showed great project management and extraordinary problem-solving skills. The project manager was communicative and able to bring together all development resources in an easy to understand way. The team demonstrated an understanding of the business, which was very important.

Century Distribution Systems is a global logistics provider. Our primary business focus is managing product flow for retailers and importers here in the United States and in Europe. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of K-Line, a Japanese shipping company.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am vice president of information systems for the company. I'm responsible for IT [information technology].

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

We needed to make smartphone application available for our customers. We do have our own development team that builds products for our customers, but they don't have a mobile background, so we decided to outsource the job.

They handled all the design and development. We came to them with a concept, and we worked back and forth with them to come up with specifications. Then, they worked through the development and delivery of the product.

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I found them through Elance. I put a job out on Elance and probably got about 75 responses back. I narrowed that down to probably about 10, did some more analysis, and finished with video interviews of the three finalists. I selected Wegile based on their presentation and because they were one of a few companies that took the time to understand my business requirements and what my business was, before trying to solve my problem.

It cost $10,000 to $50,000.

The project took probably six months from start to finish. Any delays were caused internally, as we had built all the data integrations to get information over to the smartphone app, which took some time.

How did Wegile perform from a project management standpoint?

It was an excellent project. The Wegile project management team was fantastic. They led us through daily calls on what needed to be done. The senior team at Wegile was able to redirect me at times when I thought I knew what I wanted to do, but they had a better solution. Their recommendations changed my focus a bit and ended up working out better in the long run. I take it this sort of give and take consultation can be rare when you're outsourcing.

We've got an in-house IT team here that had to do some work along the way, but Wegile was the one leading the charge through the whole process, and directing what we needed to be doing, which made our job easier. They had specific technical resources in each of the different categories, whether it was in the iPhone app portion, the Android app portion, the business integration layer. They had the project manager bringing all of those resources together.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

The difference was that Wegile was willing to understand my business first before they tried to solve my problem. I think that really went a long way in delivering the solution. Then, they were also extremely flexible. There were a number of times along the way where we had to change course slightly because we hadn't thought of something, or we wanted to add something else into the first release that we hadn't thought of originally, and they were very accommodating to us.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

I really don't have any. It's been one of the best experiences I've had with any of my outsourcing projects.

Overall Score As I said, it's been the best experience I've had to date so far.
    As I said, they really pulled us through the project.
    Actually cheaper than if I had done it internally.
    Definitely, and I have, actually. I've had some other colleagues that have come to me asking where our mobile app was built, and we've directed them to Wegile.

Mobile Development for High School Sports App

"They did their best to  make sure we were always on the same page in terms of requirements and specifications."

Sept. 2014 - Feb. 2015

Wegile developed a mobile app to improve communication of high school sporting events. The app included schedules, locations, videos, and articles, and the team now works on updates and bug fixes.

Jefferson City, Missouri
Co-Founder, JC Digital

The app has received positive feedback from initial users and has all the functionality that was hoped for. Wegile was easily reachable and communicative. The team worked hard to ensure they understood specifications, which limited back-and-forth during the project.

We had an idea for a mobile app that would essentially digitize high school sports. We wanted to be able to take all of the information that is generated by an individual school, and put it at the audience's fingertips, whether it be a parent, coach, volunteer, or student. The app would provide schedules, location, a message board for posting highlight videos, updates, and articles.

I'm a cofounder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

We had the idea for the app, but lacked the technical skill to make it happen.

Wegile took our concepts and our ideas and brought them to life. They essentially designed and built the entire app. Since its completion, we also continue to work with Wegile on updates and bug fixes.

What was your selection process leading up to your work with Wegile?

We looked at firms here in the U.S. that my partner, and I had various connections with, but we just really didn't find one that fit our needs. It didn't have anything to do with the price, it was more just the concept and how we envisioned the development process going that never really aligned with the U.S. firms.

We decided to put the project out for bid on Elance and, of course, immediately got a lot of responses. We ended up narrowing it down to five, and having phone conversations with each of those five. Wegile just understood – they got it. It seemed like they really knew what they were talking about, and everything they said made sense. They weren't the least expensive. As a matter of fact, they were the most expensive, but we knew they would deliver the best product.

They were probably in the ballpark of $75,000.

We started in September or October of last year [2014]. We had a finalized product around February 1 for the school app, and around the end of May for a version of the app that focused on sports tournaments. The work is still ongoing, and we've contracted them for the next year.

What have been the results of the project?

We haven't fully gone to market. We're still in a prelaunch phase, but the technology is exactly what we envisioned. Obviously, there are tweaks, and we're making changes as we go to market and get feedback on it, but it does everything that we envisioned it would do, and the feedback we've received from high school parents and coaches has been very positive. The main challenge now is introducing people to a relatively new concept

How did Wegile perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a great ability to communicate, provide constant ongoing work. I could reach them literally 24/7.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

Obviously when you're outsourcing, communication is the biggest challenge. It's also the area where I was most impressed with Wegile. They did their best to  make sure we were always on the same page in terms of requirements and specifications. They were very proactive about minimizing the number of versions required for us to be happy.

Sometimes, we've had an issue with setting realistic deadlines. They've said something will take two weeks, and instead it takes three. It doesn't really bother me because the quality of the work is such that it should take three weeks to complete. However, they need to be better about just saying that up front.

Mobile App Development for Juice Bar Locator App

"They gave me innovative ideas and I was impressed by their design process."

Oct. 2013 - July 2014

Wegile designed and developed an app for locating juice bars. The team worked on the project from conception to marketing.

Lexington, Kentucky
CEO, Juicagogo

The team completed the project on a reasonable budget and timeline, with good results. Wegile stood out as a very responsive team with an innovative design process. They addressed any issues or questions very quickly.

Our company produced a mobile app called Juicagogo for people to find fresh juice bars on the go easily. We have more than 5,000 juice bars registered on the app. People can use filters to find specific bars like ones that offer cleanses, or are GMO [genetically modified organism]-free, for example.

I am the CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

I knew the problem I wanted the app to solve, I just needed to find the right development team to help me bring it to life.

Wegile really helped me in all aspects of development, starting with my original sketches. They essentially did all of the design, and definitely did all of the development of the app. In addition, they helped me develop a marketing strategy for publicizing the app.

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I put out my initial idea to bid on Elance and I had hundreds of proposals that came back to me. I went through, looked at the different proposals, and weeded out most of them. I narrowed it down to 20 companies, and Wegile was one of the top companies from the beginning. They provided recent contacts of some of their previous customers to give me confidence in their services. They shared some examples of their work with me, and some ideas of what they could do with my app. They just seemed to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

What was the timeline of this engagement?

The project started in October 2013, and we launched in July 2014. I was satisfied with their schedule and timeliness.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

They were incredibly responsive. Whether it was me asking questions, or just sharing an idea or concern if something didn't seem to be going the way I had envisioned it, they were always available and cleared up the confusion right away. Their English is great, and they would always respond within a few hours. They gave me innovative ideas and I was impressed by their design process. Overall, I had an incredibly positive experience with them.

No. I really don't have anything negative to say. Any time I felt like there was an issue or challenge, we communicated, and it was quickly fixed, so I don't really have any negative feedback.

I would definitely recommend them, and I already have done so.

Web and Mobile Development for Restaurant Services Startup

"The app Wegile created is far better than what I initially conceived."

Nov. 2014 - June 2015

Wegile designed and developed iOS and Android apps to replace physical loyalty cards for restaurants. The team also worked on web design for the product.

San Antonio Metro Area
Founder, Restaurant Services Startup

Wegile produces phenomenal quality work, and the final app turned out better than anticipated. The team provides quality work at low costs, although occasionally goes over the timeline they quote.

I own a mobile app that aims to replace all restaurant reward's punch cards with your cellphone. Restaurant customers won't need to worry about carrying around a bunch of different paper cards, and restaurant owners will have more engaged customers who are better equipped to provide valuable feedback through the app.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

I'm a non-technical founder. I had the vision, but they performed all of the design and development necessary to create the product. They developed a website for me as well, but that was a more modest engagement.

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I started out looking for U.S.-based developers. I had extensive talks with a San Francisco-based company, who ended up quoting me $150,000, which was significantly out of my budget. That company recommended that I visit Elance, and I found and interviewed a few developers. Wegile was clearly ahead of the other company's in terms of capabilities.

In total, I probably spent between $20,000 and $30,000.

We started with Wegile in November 2014. Everything happened in stages. The website came first, then the Google Play app, and then the iOS app. We finally finished up in late June [2015], which was behind schedule but, overall, I obviously would much rather it be done right than meet a timeline and end up with a sub-par product.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

The quality of their work is phenomenal. The app Wegile created is far better than what I initially conceived. In my opinion, anybody in the U.S., who is looking for this type of service, won't find it at a lower price or higher level of quality. They've impressed me in both areas of quality and price. That sets them apart.

I would ask them to give a more realistic timeline because, with the level of quality they put into their work, there's no way they could get it done in their initial timeline. Granted, that was less important to me after I saw the quality of their work and shifted my focus toward creating a perfect product, and away from a tight timeline. However, looking back the initial timeline they provided was not realistic.

Mobile and Web Development for Education Startup

"Their programmers will bend over backwards for you."

Sept. 2014 - May 2015

Wegile designed and developed iOS and Android educational apps for use in UK schools. The team worked on every aspect of the app, including frontend, backend, and web development.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Co-founder, Appvision

The final applications are great and all backend work has been good quality. Wegile assigned a project manager, who helped make the project run smoothly. The team could improve accuracy of project timelines but overall provided responsive developers.

We have designed a new groundbreaking education app for use within schools in the U.K.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am a co-founder and the technical lead. I've been writing iPhone applications for six years myself, but I have very little Android knowledge and have very little time at the moment; hence, our decision to outsource.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wegile?

I could have done the iOS part myself. However, I wouldn't have a clue of how to do the web back-end and the Android part. It's just quicker to get them to do everything because it keeps everything consistent.

They did iOS, Android, front-end, back-end, design, development, and web development for us. I think they were using Cake PHP for the back-end, and MySQL.

How did you come to work with Wegile?

I think we found them on Elance. I put up an RFP [request for proposal], and we initially got a hundred-or-so responses, some of which were absolutely terrible. It was quite a difficult and stressful process, narrowing them all down. In the end, we narrowed it down to about three different companies, and we spoke at length with each of them. I saw Wegile's portfolio, and I think they were the most understanding of what we actually wanted to do and achieve.

Having had experience with using offshore developers before, and a reasonable grasp of the work involved, I knew Wegile had estimated around the right mark and that they would do the work well because they understood our needs.

It was around $28,000.

We started working together around September 2014, and initially they said it would be ready by Christmas, which I knew was an unrealistic expectation. We ended up getting everything finished by May [2015]. Part of the delay was due to their unrealistic timeline, and part was due to our feature enhancements.

I personally am very happy with what they have provided. There's a couple of little things that I've had to change, especially on the iOS version. The Android version was absolutely great, and the back-end has been brilliant. It has exceeded expectations, and the clients love it. The feedback we've gotten has been overwhelmingly positive. It may have taken a lot longer than we were led to believe, but I think it's been worth it. I knew it was going to take a long time anyway. There's no way I could have coded it inside two years.

How did Wegile perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a project manager. The process went smoothly, but he started making a lot of excuses at one point, instead of just owning up to delays, which would have been fine.

What distinguishes Wegile from other providers?

Ultimately, you kind of get a real affinity with their programmers. They're always available, and they take your calls while they're at home. No matter what time of day you think it might be in India, they're just always available for you. You feel bad about contacting them sometimes, but they're incredibly helpful. Their programmers will bend over backwards for you.

Is there anything Wegile could have improved or done differently?

Like I mentioned, they have far too optimistic timelines. I knew there was no way they'd be able to make them, but they said, 'Yes, we'll be able to hit them.' A bit more transparency maybe, and a bit more honesty up front.

Overall Score Even with the time delays, I'm happy because I knew it was going to take this length of time. I would have given them five stars if they were on time.
    At the beginning...They were doing little tiny bits – almost teasers. Once it got going...things started happening really quickly. The problem was, we paid 50 percent upfront, and we weren't seeing a lot for our money in the beginning.
    There were a couple little things that were missing from the original spec, but nothing major.
    If they could get their act together slightly on the scheduling thing, I'd definitely recommend them. I personally will be going back to them for future phases for all the work...I'll be happy to use them again...