A higher standard in web design and marketing

GOLD VERIFIED

weCreate develops marketing-focused websites with beautiful custom design and functionality, and we don’t stop there – our websites are strategically designed to convert potential customers and streamline your company’s sales and communications. Our websites provide built-in analytic tools, allowing you to measure your success.

Erie, PA

• ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced
  • McShane Welding and Metal Products
  • Palermo Realty and Development

WordPress Web Dev & Design for Hospitality Company

“There was such a huge range of needs, and they listened really well.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

weCreate Website Design & Marketing handles web design and development efforts for a hospitality company. They revamped two websites using WordPress and integrating a reservation tool and a toggle feature.

Jenny Poff
Former Marketing Director, Hospitality Company

The websites have received positive feedback from guests and internal stakeholders. They boast a well-designed UI and are easy to navigate. weCreate Website Design & Marketing met deadlines and resolved any issues. They excelled in listening and implementing input from a large number of people.

I’m the former marketing director of a hospitality company. There are over 30 properties including a water park, ski resort, restaurants, hotels, and conference centers.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate Website Design & Marketing?

Our two major revenue properties — a water park and ski resort — were in dire need of a website update. The proprietary vendor was using the same template across other companies, and we wanted to be different.

They handled web design and development as well as maintenance for the two sites using WordPress. The update for the water park website included an integration of the reservation tool we use as well as a way to showcase events and alerts for when we reach capacity or have closed attractions. The home page needed to showcase promotions because that was our most visited page.

For the ski resort, we needed to flip the content of the site between our summer and winter seasons. weCreate created a way for us and our guests to toggle between the two seasons.

It depended on the phase of the project. At the beginning, there were two individuals who kicked the engagement off. Then they brought in their development and design teams. I worked heavily with the developers and designers throughout the process.

How did you come to work with weCreate Website Design & Marketing?

I referred them to my company because they were local and I had previously worked with them.

The ongoing engagement started in September 2018. There is ongoing maintenance and support.

The websites received great internal feedback. Team members said they were super pleased and were able to easily find information. Externally, we had a lot of guests saying how happy and impressed they were with the platforms. They liked the reservation system and provided more feedback about its UI.

How did weCreate Website Design & Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They did great. They knew when deadlines were and made sure to meet them. If there were any snags, there was clear communication on what we needed to do.

They did really well with our Peak website, it was a beast not only from the developmental and functionality standpoint but because the team was three times as big from our side. weCreate had to gather a ton of input from a variety of different people. There was such a huge range of needs, and they listened really well and corralled them to simplify as much as possible.

We were happy overall. They could use a project manager to make sure they align with clients. However, I know that’s something they’re already working on.

Make sure to include the developer from the beginning of the project.

Updated Website for Orthopedic Practice

"Everyone on the team is quick to respond and thorough with explaining everything."

Mar. - June 2020

To drive increased traffic, weCreate developed a new website that was more SEO-friendly. The solution allows patients to pay invoices online.

Meadville, Pennsylvania
Sean McKinnon
CFO, Whole Health Joint Replacement Institute

weCreate completed the site and are now working on building up the practice's online presence. They've kept the internal stakeholders involved at every step of the project. As a result, the in-house staff is excited to launch the updated site and is confident that it will translate to more patients.

Orthopedic physician office / CFO

For what projects/services did your company hire weCreate Website Design & Marketing?

We wanted a new website and to gain assistance with increasing our online presence.

Have an updated and more user friendly website. We also wanted to increase the online traffic viewing our website.

We were impressed after the initial meeting with the weCreate team and liked the quality of their past work examples they shoed us.

The weCreate team created a new website for our practice. They are also helping out with SEO and increasing our online presence going forward.

The team consisted of 4 individuals that I worked with directly and everyone had there own area that they were in charge of. Project manager, design, developer, and domain specialist.

We were able to incorporate an area for our patients to be able to pay their invoices directly through the website. Also, we now have a website that we are proud to announce to people and excited for everyone to view it. In time, we are hoping this translates into more patients electing our practice as well.

Every phase of the project was planned out and explained to us in detail. There was constant communication and we included every step along the way.

The process was smooth and we liked the results. No recommendations at this time.

Migration from HTML to WordPress Website Design & Dev

"I found them excellent and reliable."

July 2013 - Oct. 2016

weCreate redeveloped CMS-based WordPress website’s speed and productivity. Integration between Infusionsoft system and new sales funnels prevented experience disruption during development.

Glendale, California
Traffic Manager, Healthy Back Institute

Functionality and usability improved drastically with new backend and streamlined plug-ins. Enhanced web performance resulted in increased organic traffic and conversion rates. The team’s judgment and wide-ranging expertise make the company a well-rounded operation.

I’m a traffic manager at the Healthy Back Institute.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

We didn’t have the in-house talent to create a more efficient and smarter website.

They redeveloped our website from HTML to a CMS-based system on WordPress. They prevent user experience disruption by integrating our Infusionsoft system with new sales funnels.

Zach [Co-owner/Development Director, weCreate] was my main point of contact. He delegated some work to staff behind the scenes, but completed most of the project himself.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

I can’t recall how I found them, but I remember being impressed by their portfolio and project management expertise. They stood out from other companies we had previously hired that produce sub-standard work.

We spent $35,000 - $40,000

Work started in summer 2013 and ended October 2016.

They improved our site’s functionality and usability drastically; the new features impacted conversions positively. We’ve seen increased organic traffic as well.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

I found them excellent and reliable. Zach had many useful recommendations such as decluttering our site’s numerous plug-ins. His confidence and judgment were always apparent.

They’re a one-stop shop. They knew WordPress in and out, but also provided great marketing and strategy ideas. It’s a very well-rounded company.

Research the project’s scope and the company’s history to make sure they align well. I recommend considering weCreat for any web overhaul. I can’t speak highly enough of Zach.

Overall Score I highly recommend them.
    They were consistently punctual.
    They’re fair, affordable, and worth the price.
    I don't remember a time when I was disappointed in any of their work.

Website Redesign, SEO and Social Media Marketing for Manufacturer

“They're incredibly professional and will listen to client concerns. Accessibility is a stand out quality.”

June 2014 - June 2016

weCreate redesigned a website to function via WordPress. They implemented aesthetic upgrades to product branding throughout the site and assisted with a social media campaign as a separate project.

Owner, Manufacturing Company

They delivered flawlessly on the website project. The mobile-friendly functionally and improved visuals have proved invaluable to the success of our business. However, the social media campaign did not produce the expected results. The niche appeal and poor project management led to its failure.

I’m the owner of a manufacturing company that specializes in products for enclosed motorsports trailers.

Our previous website was fairly simplistic and we lacked social media expertise. In order to modernize the company, we needed stronger social media presence and a redesigned mobile-friendly website.

Initially, we would meet with them once every few days so they could understand what our goals for the website were. Once the project began, we met with on a weekly or bi-weekly basis in order to give feedback on what they were putting together provide ideas of what we wanted to see. They overhauled the website in WordPress which made it easy for me to go in the back-end and update things like pictures or events we’re participating in. They made the site mobile-friendly and provided aesthetic upgrades to its color scheme and product branding.

The social media campaign was a different project entirely. I created databases detailing our product, its functionalities, and additional markets I wanted to advertise too. I gave weCreate that information and we strategized how to reach as many consumers as possible.

The website project consisted of 3 of the co-owners working different roles.

We worked with 2 people on the social media project, but 1 left the company before it was completed.

A little over $10,000.

The website redesign took place in June 2014–September 2014. They handled our social media campaign from January 2016­–June 2016.

Roughly 60%–%70 percent of our business and customers come from the website. Many of them have never seen the product in person so the newly designed website has been invaluable in that respect and fantastic overall. User feedback has been extremely encouraging. It’s easy to use and offers a lot of information. weCreate’s redesign delivered all of our expectations and requirements.

Unfortunately, the social media campaign didn't go nearly as well. It fell short of what our expectations were and yielded truly minimal impact. It was not something that worked for us.

We would communicate and send files back and forth with the web design team via an online project management tool almost daily. They were always available to us for help with WordPress. I could either call or email and they were very timely in responding to any questions that I had. Their approach to that project was flawless.

Management of the social media project did not go smoothly once the primary person working on it left the company. The remaining management staff didn’t do an adequate job of following up with the work she was supposed to be doing. I felt like I was the main person driving the project and was paying a lot of money to do so. weCreate is a wonderful company but this project failed.

They're incredibly professional and will listen to client concerns. Accessibility is a stand out quality, as I have no problem contacting them with a question at 7:00 in the evening.

I know we provide a niche product, but I don’t think their marketing abilities are developed enough yet. Frankly, I would happily work with them again on another website redesign, but would not do so for a social media marketing project.

I would happily work with them again on another website redesign and have recommended them to colleagues for that service. However, I cannot recommend them for a social media marketing project.

Deliverables were completed in the time promised.
    The website design prices were fair however, we did not get our money's worth for the social media project.

Web Design & Digital Marketing for Welding Company

"They’ve performed above average, and everything was delivered on time and within budget."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

weCreate Website Design & Marketing lead the web design and digital marketing for an e-commerce platform. The team also contributed to SEO and shopping campaigns, which they currently maintain.

Roger Silman
IT Manager, McShane Welding

They’ve increased online sales and improved relationships with the customer base. The website is much cleaner and functions as need be, as well as the digital flow has made it easier for customers to find products and get them in the cart. The team and level of communication was fantastic.

I’m the IT manager of McShane Welding.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate Website Design & Marketing.

We were looking for web design and marketing materials. We wanted to update the website, as well as the logo to become current with our directions in the company, and with our advertising and marketing.

This was our first experience working with a digital agency. We had a website previously, but it was it was very clunky and outdated. They took a look at our website and submitted a couple of ideas. We looked over and reviewed them, and provided constructive feedback. One of the main things we wanted was a simple shopping cart that would able to be viewed. Previously, we didn’t have any kind of actual feedback system on our website. On top of that, we wanted something that was clean – where you didn’t have to go in 15 different directions to find an item for purchase. We were very adamant about making the website easily accessible, manageable, and trackable, so if you went on there you didn’t get lost. They now handle all of our SEO, shopping campaigns, and marketing.

My main point of contact was Nate [Co-owner and Marketing Director, weCreate]. If I ran into an issue I would contact Nate and he would usually address whichever team member he needed to look at the issue. I also worked with the other co-owners, Brian and Zach, and a couple people there locally.

How did you come to work with weCreate Website Design & Marketing?

We had a pre-existing website from another design company, but they were generally very unreachable, so we decided to start looking elsewhere for a new look and design. My brother-in-law got in contact with them and we started the process through the avenues that weren't getting reached. It’s likely we chose them because they were an upcoming and local company. The Northwest Business Association may have recommended them to us.

I was brought in about halfway through the process to get the website running, answer questions, and get it on the web to allow for business to come in. The process took a little longer than we anticipated. However, it’s been a smooth process since they got involved.

Approximately $10,000.

We began working together in August 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

With the SEO campaigns and the website, we have seen a higher uptick than we had with our previous website. We've seen online sales increase and better reactions from our customer base. It has helped to eliminate some of the customer service work because the website handles a lot of the credit card transactions and sales.

Customers that are looking for our products are now able to find them much easier through the campaign and through the marketing that’s been done. From an aesthetic point of view, the website looks much better now and functions as it needs to be. We get a lot of feedback from WeCreate on a weekly basis, and it’s almost like a partnership.

The team we had was fantastic. Whenever I had a problem, I would go to Nate and he would assign someone to take a look at that part of our website. Aside from the marketing direction, I would speak with Nate about once every 2 weeks about any issues we were having. As far as the website goes, communication was minimal but there was never a problem.

For our marketing and shopping campaigns, we were having weekly meetings with them to put in our information as far as the directions we wanted to go. We were looking at whether we were putting time into one product or one category.

Overall, they’ve performed above average, and everything was delivered on time and within budget. They were very responsive and very easy to deal with. I applaud the decision to work with them. I've had a great experience. They address all issues right away.

Their level of professionalism and attention to details. They’re not a company that just fixes a problem and that’s the end of it. They’ll tell us what the problem was so if it comes up again we know what to look for.

Not really. They’re very professional and quick to answer any questions. If I've ever had a problem, I have a contact number for them that I can reach them. They've always directed us where we had to go if we did have any issues. I know they're a small company trying to expand, but even with that, we’ve never had a problem.

To have a basic understanding of what they're looking for and know that they will provide them with a layout that they will be completely satisfied with. They are very flexible with the vision of what a company has.

Overall Score They're a very professional and time oriented company.
    They've been on time with every project.
    They will find a way to help achieve your vision, even when the budget isn’t there.
    They were very prompt and alert to delivering what we needed in a timely fashion.

WordPress Website Design for Polymer Molding Company

“I’ve been very happy with [them] from start to finish.”

Feb. - Mar 2017

weCreate designed a WordPress website for an injection molding company within a short timeframe. They created a platform that can be added on and changed if needed.

Debra Salorino
Sales Specialist, Polymer Molding

The new website received many compliments and can now track visitors to better understand the demographics. weCreate’s team was in constant communication and provided guidance for people who do not know much about websites.

I work in the sales department for Polymer Molding Inc., a plastic injection molding company.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

Our website was outdated and not user friendly. We needed a platform where we could continuously update our charts, numbers, events, and products.

The project had a tight timeframe, so they brought their team over and created a game plan covering the basic design, the content for the site, and all the information for the charts. I uploaded all the images and content to their project management platform.

WordPress would have some limits; however, weCreate would be able to find a work around. They were able to reroute our emails and include multiple options into our online contact form.

Our new website now has an online catalog that is easy to navigate, news and events section, a company directory, credit applications, and our certifications.

Towards the end of the project, their web developer, Dave, and I went through the website, page by page, and nitpicked every little thing. He was able to make any change then and there.

When the project was completed, Dave gave me a one-on-one class on how to handle and maintain the website, in case I need to add or change things.

Brian [Bohrer, weCreate, Account Executive] was our main point of contact and he handled the business side of the project. Nate [Wheeler, weCreate, Marketing Director] was the project manager. Dave did the coding for the website. Mickey and a few other people worked on the graphic design and the face of the project. I met Zach [Lanich, weCreate, Development Director] a few times, but he did more of the behind-the-scenes work.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

When I worked for another company, I looked for local web-development companies for a website project and I was pointed towards weCreate. However, at Polymer Molding, I recognized that the old website was a barrier, and brought in weCreate and other companies.

weCreate was the only one that invited us to discuss their quote and their capabilities, whereas the other companies simply emailed their quotes.

The website was about $15,000.

The initial meeting was in January of 2017 and we started in February. The project finished in March.

We received a lot of compliments on the new website. Since we’re now feeling comfortable sending people to it, we can start some online advertising. The new website allows us to track who is visiting so we can pay more attention to our customers.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

They were on top of everything. I was able to communicate with weCreate everyday through their online project management platform. Whenever we wanted something specific, they would either say yes or explain what is possible to meet our needs.

Every time I had a question that I couldn’t make sense in an email, they were always there to answer any questions.

The most impressive thing with weCreate was how responsive they have been. They did a great job communicating things to people who weren’t familiar with how websites work.

They went above and beyond what they initially planned on, and they did not give us any flack about the flat rate we had agreed on.

Make sure you know everything you want for your website before you go into those initial meetings. There are a lot of follow-up questions that need to be answered before a company can even respond to what you’re looking for.

We gave them a tight deadline and they held true to what they were asked of.
    There was no discrepancy between the price and quality of service.
    They did everything we asked for and more.
    I would recommend them every chance I get.

WordPress Web Design & SEO for Rope Manufacturer

"They’re easy to work with, and are a no-nonsense kind of team."

May 2013 - Ongoing

weCreate designed a WordPress website for a rope manufacturer. In addition to design work, they SEO services to help rank the website for vital keywords.

Brandon Allen
Owner, USA Rope

In a 6-month period, the business was able to grow to $70,000 in revenue per month; the search traffic generated from the SEO was phenomenal, as it reaches 600 organic hits per week. weCreate created a user-friendly and professional site that has garnered compliments for its quality.

USA Rope is a rope manufacturer based in Pennsylvania.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

I needed to build a quality website and work on its SEO. This was my first time working with an agency.

I sat down with weCreate and discussed what I wanted. They put a quote together, after which we both performed some research and content writing. weCreate also produced the photography on my site, and worked on SEO.

I gave them creative freedom in terms of design for the WordPress site, since they’re the professionals, and I’m not. At the end of the day, I would know what I was or wasn’t happy with.

I worked with Nate Wheeler [co-founder], Zach Lanich, the coding director, and a couple of their web designers, depending on the need. The team had 6 people in total, and it remained the same throughout. We spoke daily.

We started out by using Basecamp, after which we moved to Mavenlink for project management. Much of the communication was done over the phone as well.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

I found them through a referral. I performed a lot of research beforehand, and found some crazy options in terms of price—$7,000 per month for SEO is ridiculous. Many of the reps from these companies are salespeople, and throw in a terrific game, but, when the time comes to back up their claims, they don’t. weCreate had much better pricing than these other places, and they’ve proven to deliver good work.

I’ve spent $22,000 to $26,000 on their services, over the last 4 years.

I started working with weCreate in May or June 2013, and have an ongoing relationship for SEO and website tweaks.

weCreate did a great job of simplifying the website and making it user-friendly for people searching online.

I’ve gotten great results from their SEO work, and received all kinds of compliments on the quality of my website. Many people have told me that they chose my business because the website looks professional.

In a 6-month period, I was able to grow my business to $70,000 in revenue per month. Percentage-wise, my search traffic has gone through the roof. We started from ground zero in terms of SEO, and I’ve reached 600 organic hits per week. I am on the first page for many of the targeted keywords.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

I couldn’t ask for any more from them. weCreate was communicative during any problems.

They’re easy to work with, and are a no-nonsense kind of team. Other groups I contacted threw good stories at me, but, at the end of the day, they didn’t really want to budge off of what they felt comfortable with. Nate actually went out and took chances, which got us to where we are today.

No. It was a laid-back, good experience.

Just be honest. I didn’t know much about on-page or off-page SEO, or really anything which had to do with website development. weCreate worked me through the process, and I learned a lot from them.

Overall Score We’ve built a great relationship.
    They worked around my schedule.
    Nobody could even come close to delivering the same amount of work for the cost.
    They’re responsive, have built a nice-quality website, and were affordable.

WordPress Redesign SEO, Adwords for Manufacturer

"[W]e are close with a couple of new customers ... that have come to us because of weCreate's work."

May 2016 - Ongoing

weCreate revamped a website and improved its SEO to drive organic traffic and capture qualified leads. Digital marketing efforts include content development and link building activities.

201- 500 Employees

Fairview, Pennsylvania
Pete Gorny
Sales Engineer, PHB Corporation

The engagement continues to unfold favorably as more qualified leads find the site, organically. Friendliness and creativity are also especially noteworthy.

I handle sales for PHB Corporation, a manufacturer of high-pressure, aluminum, and other die casting items in the U.S., China, India, and Malaysia.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

Finding new customers is the biggest challenge. Old methods of knocking on doors and cold-calling weren’t working; people find suppliers in differently now. An effective website is more cost-efficient than a large internal salesforce.

Our website, however, was getting lousy traffic and not generating any qualified leads. We also wanted to improve our search engine results for key terms like “aluminum die casting.”

weCreate came to us with a proposal for a total marketing plan, which laid out all of the steps they would take, a timeline, and a budget.

The first project was to redesign the website and add a chat box letting potential customers easily connect with sales reps. Next was SEO [search engine optimization] work involving blog articles, keyword tracking, and backlinks earning efforts. Deliverables included customer testimonials and other short videos.

We have one primary point of contact and several supporting members, perhaps 3–5 in total.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

We solicited and compared bids from three companies. weCreate was not the least expensive but their proposal made the most sense, especially from a timeline and cost perspective. The proposal pitched more than appealing visuals and more advertising and instead outlined concrete steps to improve marketability and visibility. The final decision was made after evaluated other sites they’d created.

We’ve spent around $50,000.

It began in May 2016 and the work is ongoing.

We are close to securing two new customers—in the automotive and lighting industries—that have come to us because of weCreate's work. Our business typically has a 1–2 year sales cycle, so 2 new customers is great.

I was skeptical about the website chat box but within a week of its launch we’ve received  several qualified leads. It's simple and easy for potential customers to use, and for salespeople to continue the conversation via phone or text.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate a couple of times a month while trying to optimize search results and improve the site. They’re forthcoming about any adjustments needed, very responsive, and always timely when returning our calls.

They bring meaningful ideas to the table, for example, the suggestion to change our marketing structure. The trackable improvement plan laid out helped overcome a stagnant brand. Whereas some companies  oversell their case, what weCreate delivered works, making them true to their word.

Advice for potential customers?

Start simple; optimize the website with compelling content that users are likely to favor. As the organic traffic flow increases, expand content and other SEO efforts as necessary.

Overall Score We’re pleased; they kept their word.
    If deadlines were missed, it might not have been their fault.
    While not the cheapest, still high quality.
    They hit their targets, on time, and at the price quoted.

Marketing Collateral & WordPress Redesign for Medical Billing Company

"They researched what we did and how we did it, and created a great product."

May 2016 - Ongoing

weCreate provided marketing collateral and redesigned a WordPress website for a medical billing company. They branded brochures, created a Facebook page, and consolidated web pages into one infinite scroll page.

LeRoy, New York
Dawn Zachary
Sales Executive, MedEx Billing Inc.

The website has received more RFPs in just last 6 months than they had previously received in the past 6 years. weCreate's in-depth research and ability to deeply understand the medical billing's company were celebrated in this collaboration, as they delivered work on time and within budget.

I am the sales executive of MedEx Billing Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

We were trying to draw more traffic to our website, and redesign it. The old site was outdated, and our old agency didn’t have the ability nor marketing skills to do what we wanted to have done.

We told them what our company needed; they performed some research by looking at what we already had and presented us with new ideas. We took all of their suggestions. The new site was built on WordPress. Everything is present on a single page, eliminating the need to click on links, which allows existing and potential clients to see everything they need to see about us.

We needed all-new marketing material, which weCreate made for us. This included brochures, email templates, follow-up material for conferences and new clients, and a PowerPoint presentation. They branded all the material on our site and in print form, and they created a Facebook page for us as well.

I don’t know how many people were assigned to our project. I talk to their owners, Nate Wheeler, Brian Bohrer and Zach Lanich, and 2 designers. We usually speak once a month, to keep in touch and communicate any issues.

We met twice last week, in order to discuss some feature changes, including the addition of online payments. Since we are a medical company, there are multiple HIPAA regulations, and weCreate is making sure that everything is in place.

We communicated by email and phone call, but I also came to their office, since I live in Erie, 10 minutes away. We didn’t use any project management tools.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

Their office is across from my hair dresser, who had used weCreate for some of her marketing. She mentioned weCreate because she knew we were looking for a provider. I went to my boss, and told him about this new marketing company, which seemed to be good, with young people with bright ideas. We had a conference call with them, and we’ve been working together ever since.

We considered another provider in New Jersey, which is being used by a friend of mine for his website. weCreate not only had a lower price, but they came up with an amazing concept for the site. We chose them based on their presentation, ideas, and price. They made the whole process easy for us.

I don’t have this information. I would estimate that the cost was around $50,000.

We started working with weCreate in April or May 2016. The collaboration is ongoing.

We have gotten more hits and RFPs through the website, from people filling out the online form requesting our services, in the last 6 months, than we’d gotten in the previous 6 years. weCreate has done a great job.

People have commented on the PowerPoint presentation they built for me, and asked me who created it.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything has been delivered on time and budget.

There is a lot to say about them. When I came to weCreate, they were able to take all our material, despite not having known anything about our company previously, and produce an amazing presentation and brochures. They researched what we did and how we did it, and created a great product.

I don’t think so.

weCreate arranged everything based on my own schedule.
    They have even helped us with sales material, without additional charge.
    They’ve delivered everything on time and within or lower than the estimated cost.
    I have.

Web Redesign & E-Commerce Dev for Coffee Shop

"When you talk through things with [them], [they’re] going to give you all kinds of great ideas."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

weCreate built a WordPress e-commerce site that allows customers to design their own products, with a total of 54 million possible combinations. They also developed a loyalty program and provided SEO services.

Jack Barton
Owner, Out of the Grey Cafe

SEO and data tracking services have led to invaluable insight into consumer demographics. weCreate’s web design has led to a dramatic increase in the amount of time users spend on the site. The team offers expert guidance on digital best practices and how to put marketing ideas to best use.

My business is Out of the Grey Coffee, an organic coffee roaster. We use customizable coffee, single origins from around the world, and we make 39 different blends. We have 179 named flavor concoctions. Part of our business is flavored coffee, so we have lots of coffee.

What challenge were you trying to address with weCreate?

We have a very strong business, but it’s either B2B or within one of the cafes. We’re trying to get that online, to create that feel and customizability online. We started with another company that put together a website for us. It was probably one of the worst experiences we could possibly have.

The first website was supposed to have a customizable feature to it for flavored coffee. For example, if a customer wanted vanilla cookie or chocolate caramel coconut, they could do it. They could name it and describe it. Then there’s the single-origin side, and all these different aspects to this website. It just wasn’t coming together. It wasn’t even the look or any of that. In fact, I was the one uploading photographs and typing the descriptions because it just wasn’t going to get done.

Once we got that part done as close as reality would allow, we wanted to add a feature that allows users to receive points for a purchase. We call it the Bank of Java. When a customer creates, names, describes, and then shares a coffee blend, they receive a certificate from the Bank of Java and start earning points, or “beans,” to use for anything on the site. When people start to purchase what you created and shared, then you earn bonus beans.

I have a buddy who did a free website for one of the cafes, and that was a much better site than the one I spent $6,000 on. When weCreate came in, they had to fix so much stuff. I think they had to fix a lot more than they thought they would just to get on a solid platform to do what I asked them to do. I don’t know if they necessarily knew what they were getting into.

When weCreate came on board, they said they would do this share feature and the Bank of Java. They tightened up a few issues the site had going on. I have more that we’ll be doing on the site, too, but we’re going to do it in phases. The first version was an absolute nightmare, but version 2.0 with weCreate was awesome.

The next part we’re going to do will allow users to upload something with meaning. When they create a coffee from about 54 million combinations of ingredients, name and describe it, then they’ll be able to upload something. For example, if you’re making a coffee for your parents, you can upload their anniversary picture, or one from when they were dating. You’re uploading something that has meaning for you. You have control of what that bag looks like in the front. People are going to love that. Once the coffee is gone, no one’s going to throw away that bag. That bag has sentimentality to it. Customers can create something unique for themselves, a gift, or for their company.

weCreate redesigned our WordPress site completely. The old site wasn’t even on a stable platform. Things would break or wouldn’t update; they would just be all out of whack. It took Zack a lot to just get on a solid foundation to build what he was commissioned to do. They were more than fair with me, doing everything they did.

We did some keywords for SEO. People are coming to the site, and I’m making money from it, but we’re trying to get it all down so that it functions perfectly, it’s smooth, has the automation and technology, and is just a great user experience. It’s still not there, and there’s a lot more we need to do. We aren’t putting a ton of money toward SEO because when people find us, they’re repurchasing. I have people who have purchased 15 times in just 6 months. We’re trying to get the experience right before we really start selling it to the world.

How did you come to work with weCreate?

We have 10 cafes in downtown Erie, along with other places. Zack, weCreate’s co-owner and creative director, visits one of our cafes. I kind of knew him, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to work with someone I knew, and he’s a young guy. I decided to go with a supposedly highly reputable local firm, but they subbed everything out. They had no control or anything, and it was a really bad experience.

For version 2.0, I talked to a lot of people to determine who I could hire. I knew the future of my business was on the line. weCreate’s name just kept coming up. I interviewed four different companies, and weCreate was the only one that asked any questions. In our conversation, they weren’t just listening to what I said; they tried to understand what I was trying to do and then make it better. They helped me clarify what I was trying to do. After sitting down with them, I knew they were the one. I can’t believe we have a gem like weCreate here in Erie, Pennsylvania.

How much have you invested with weCreate?

We’re a little over $9,000 right now. We’ll be investing another $9,000–$10,000 for version 3.0.

The project began in January 2017, and our relationship is ongoing.

My online customers are primarily female, and they use the customizable part of our site more. Since most of my in-store customers are men, I would never have thought that.

We haven’t really focused on SEO, but we are tracking where our customers are located. I first got a customer in Kansas City, and now I have a lot of customers in Kansas City. It’s gone from one customer to 11 in a matter of a couple months. I know that, when we’re able to put money toward SEO and marketing, it’s going to go viral — especially the share features and the customizable coffee.

Before weCreate got involved, people were on the site for an average of 11 seconds. They hit the page and just left. Now, it’s 1000% different. People are actually purchasing. An average order is when someone purchases a couple café flavors, they create something, and then they get maybe a single origin. They’re trying to get the free shipping we offer for orders over $50.

How did weCreate perform from a project management standpoint?

They were awesome. They’re always refining my ideas. I couldn’t speak more highly of how they’ve handled everything. We generally communicate by email or phone, but we also have in-person meetings. I was able to see what the website would look like before it was up, and that was very helpful.

What did you find most impressive about weCreate?

They did what they said they were going to do, which was amazing. They helped me clarify what I wanted to do. I’m a coffee guy — not a tech person. A lot of the things I know now, I learned from dealing with them.

Are there any areas weCreate could improve?

Nothing is inexpensive, but I feel they’re fair. I wish I would have dealt with them first. I would be so much further than where I am now.

Do you have any advice for a potential client of theirs?

Come with your great ideas and bring a notepad. When you talk through things with Zack, he’s going to give you all kinds of great ideas. If you can have him working for you, I don’t think you could do better.

Overall Score My experience was incredible. I went from scratching my head, not believing I had spent all that money on a site that was horrible, and now I have a functioning e-commerce site that makes me money. I’m proud to send people to my site now.
    They met or beat every deadline.
    Good technology is not inexpensive. They over-delivered on what we agreed upon.
    They did everything they said they would — and even more. My experience was almost beyond words.
    I know they’re in high demand. I would definitely refer them, but I want them to continue to work on my site.

GOLD VERIFIED