Website Design Indianapolis & Greenwood, Indiana

Offering custom designs and wordpress setup and theme customization with over 10 years of experience in website design, redesign, and maintenance.

Freelancer

Jacobson Hile Kight LLC Image

Jacobson Hile Kight LLC

Indianapolis Law Firm

Web Design for Water Equipment Company

“I think the main thing that distinguishes Website Design by Doug Walker is how seriously they take their work.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Website Design by Doug Walker delivered a data and infrastructure transition from Java to WordPress for a water purification equipment retailer. They continue to provide updates and support for their websites.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Tamara Sullivan
Marketing Director, Aqua Systems

The sites and features delivered by Website Design by Doug Walker have increased internal organization and incoming lead forms, pleasing project stakeholders and satisfying all requirements. Their team is experienced and flexible, demonstrating a willingness to address all issues that arise.

I am the marketing director of a B2B and B2C organization that sells water purification equipment along with marketing materials for our dealers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Website Design by Doug Walker?

I originally hired them for some web upgrades. Their work is focused on making our platform more user friendly on the backend so that we can make changes to it on our own, as well as helping us advance and grow the platform’s user base.

Our site is a little complicated, given that it contains 43 sites built into one mega-platform. The first thing they did was take all the data from our Java-based system and transfer it over to WordPress. Their team delivered wireframes of how we were going to lay everything out and helped us integrate everything, and more recently they produced a sitemap for the entire network as well.

We worked directly with Doug (Owner, Website Design by Doug Walker) on the project.

How did you come to work with Website Design by Doug Walker?

He was actually recommended to me by one of my neighbors. I had an initial call with him, and then after that, he came out to meet me and the senior leadership so that we could get a feel for him and his experience.

I would say we’ve probably spent close to $100,000 with him over the course of the two years.

We first began working with Doug in May 2017, and the project is still ongoing because of the regular changes we make to the websites that he manages.

On one site in particular, we actually sort of re-laid out our products because of some changes in the market, and we’ve noticed an uptick in our lead forms because of the changes that he helped us make. I use Google Analytics and keep track of a lot of other statistics, and we’ve seen some really great results.

How did Website Design by Doug Walker perform from a project management standpoint?

I think Doug has performed really well. He’s really easy to work with, very flexible, and if he doesn’t do something exactly the way you want it the first time, he doesn’t take it personally. He just fixes the issues and keeps moving which is rare among some web developers.

I think the main thing that distinguishes Website Design by Doug Walker is how seriously they take their work. If you ask for a change, you don’t have to wonder whether it’s going to be done. In fact, you’ll most likely see the results of the change within 24 hours.

No, I don’t think there’s anything he could improve at all.

Make sure you write up clear and concise specifications. If their team doesn’t understand something you ask of them, they will ask a lot of questions until they do, but if you are very explicit to begin with, it can save you a lot of time by taking the onus off him to ask additional questions.

Only because occasionally there can be competition with other clients for his time.