Portland OR branding & corporate identity films

Founded in 2001, Portland, Oregon based Wave One Films creates scripted and unscripted brand and corporate identity films for organizations that are serious about creating emotional connections with their best customers. We help clients find the heart of the story they want to tell about themselves and their organizations.

We work with small to medium sized businesses owners who struggle to explain what they do and why they do it; employers who are losing sleep because they can’t find the right people for their teams; and nonprofits that need to tell their compelling story so they can raise money and awareness. Our films feature real people sharing real experiences about they work they do and how they show up for their clients.

Our services include:

• Story production
  • Filming
  • Editing
  • Digital delivery

By weaving together thoughtful interviews with moving images that visually captures the heart of our client's story, we create film and video content that our clients are proud to share, so they can do a better job of reaching their goals, whatever those goals might be.

Wave One Films is proud to be a woman-owned business.

2001
Portland, OR
  • 3118 SW Carson St
    Portland, OR 97219

Clark Public Utilities Food for Lane County BRIC Architecture IBI Group AKS Engineering and Forestry Oregon Episcopal School Jesuit High School Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Oregon & SW Washington Sandler Training--Grounded by Cedar Root ALS Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter Easter Seals Oregon Rose Villa Senior Living

Alive at 75: Clark Public Utilities

In 1972, Clark Public Utilities installed lights at Louis Bloch Park, so teams from the Camas-Washougal Babe Ruth League could play at night. Over time, the lights dimmed, and night games faded to black. The League turned to Clark PUD for help, and the utility stepped up in a big way, reaching out to community partners, and even Major League Baseball, to raise money to replace the park’s lights, bleachers, and scoreboard. We

knew this story was more than replacing lights and light poles. Through our work with the utility, we helped tell a community engagement story highlighting cooperation, collaboration, and heart. And like all good stories, this one will endure for generations to come.

Playa las Tortugas: A Slice of Paradise

Located north of Puerta Vallarta and Sayulita, Playa Las Tortugas (Turtle Beach) is a vacation getaway that offers beachfront luxury in one of the world's most beautiful places. Set along a former coconut plantation, the 10-mile stretch of unspoiled beach shares space with a sea turtle conservation camp as well as a protected mangrove estuary for resident and wintering water birds, turtles and crocodiles.

Our client

wanted to produce a marketing film highlighting Playa's vacation rental opportunities. We focused this story on Playa property owners and guests who talked about why they love living and visiting here.

Taking the Terror out of Sales: Brad Kleiner

Brad Kleiner is on a mission to change the way people view the noble art of sales. Brad is President and CEO of Sandler Training, Grounded by Cedar Root. As a sales coach, Brad challenges business professionals to step outside their comfort zones and think differently about the sales process and their roles as sales professionals. So, when Brad decided he needed to improve the way he connected with potential clients, he stepped

outside his comfort zone and hired us to produce a short film about himself and his business.

Brad wanted his film to give potential clients a glimpse of who he is and what it might be like to work with him. Like a lot of people, Brad was nervous about appearing on camera. Because building trust is such an important part of what we do, we created a comfortable atmosphere that made it easy for Brad to talk on camera about his role as a sales coach and his philosophy around sales training. Additionally, we interviewed Brad’s clients to learn about the impact Brad’s training has had on their businesses. And we filmed Brad leading his training sessions to give potential clients a taste of his style and demeanor.

The result? A human story about a kind and enthusiastic coach who helps his clients achieve their goals, whatever those goals might be.

Making the Case for a Great Case: FOOD For Lane County Capital Campaign

Making the case for more space to safely store, prepare and package food is the focus of the Building to Serve FOOD for Lane County Expansion Program. Located in Eugene, FOOD for Lane County is Oregon’s second largest food bank, and the organization recently launched a capital campaign to raise $6.5 million over a 3-year period. The money will be used to purchase and renovate a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse into the organization’s

primary food distribution center, as well as renovate its existing warehouse space.

Thoughtful, heartfelt interviews with community partners and FOOD for Lane County’s executive director formed the story’s narrative. Visually, we showed the need for more space by filming inside FOOD for Lane County’s existing warehouse. We also created a series of visually appealing graphics to weave the campaign’s key messages into the story.

Told right, stories are great conversation starters. And that’s how the executive team at FOOD for Lane County is using this story: to start conversations with individual donors about the role they can play in helping FOOD for Lane County get the space it needs to serve more people and alleviate hunger in Lane County.

Celebrating the Student Voice in Higher Ed Design: IBI Group

Developing and nurturing student creativity on college campuses starts with giving students a voice in the way they design their own learning.  That was the premise behind the unique collaboration between design students from Cornell University’s College of Human Ecology and architects from the New York City office of IBI Group in designing the Commons area of the University’s new College of Human Ecology building.

In

producing this film with the marketing team from IBI Group's Learning+ division for higher education, we focused on answering the following question:  How can spaces help to nurture and celebrate creativity? And the answers we got—from students, University leaders, professors, and designers — shaped our story about a warm and welcoming place where people gather to share ideas, and create their futures.

BRIC | Girls Build

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you have someone show you the ropes? For many people, especially young girls, the road to success is paved with mentors and role models. That’s the story we helped BRIC Architecture tell about the unique partnership between the woman-owned education design firm and nonprofit Girls Build, to create a design build camp for girls between the ages of 11-14 to learn about architecture

and design.This story accomplished two goals: it highlighted BRIC’s mission of empowering learners to change the world; and showcased the firm’s commitment to community service. While the video featured a specific chapter of the BRIC story, it helps remind current employees what makes the firm great, and gives potential employees and clients a glimpse into the BRIC culture and determine whether or not they would be a good fit. And who wouldn’t want to be part of a firm that embraces the next generation of leaders and learners?!“I always marvel at their ability to understand and capture the narrative of our story so well.” -Karina Ruiz, Principal, BRIC Architecturehttps://waveonefilms.com/casestudies/2019/8/6/bric-architecture-designer...

History Transformed

Some things can’t be rushed, and that pretty much describes the latest chapter of the story we’ve been telling about the historic restoration of Portland’s Hallock and McMillan Building. Built in 1857 by Abasolom Hallock, the city’s first architect, the Hallock-McMillan is Portland’s oldest brick and cast iron commercial building.

Portland developer and building owner John Russell bought the Hallock-McMillan in 2010,

with a plan to return the building to its 1857 appearance. In 2011, John commissioned us to document the first chapter of the building’s restoration: recreating patterns of the building’s original cast iron design pieces, and then, the sand casting process, where molten iron is poured into sand molds.

After the pour, the story went dark. Or so we thought. But the restoration continued, and in early 2019, John brought us in to help him tell the next chapter of the Hallock-McMillan story: the restoration of the building’s brick facade.

The wait was worth it. And rather than tell you about it, we’ll let our pictures do the talking.

Story Video for Business Consultant

"The ownership and pride in what they do are easy to spot."

Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Wave One Films created a video to build awareness and brand position for a business consultancy. The team was involved in all elements of production.

Portland, Oregon
Brad Kleiner
Owner, Cedar Root

The detailed video has benefitted business through increasing engagement and prospective customer leads. They're professional and compelling, which leads to an effective relationship with their clients. Their communication was also noteworthy.

I am the owner of Cedar Root LLC, a business consultancy that's focused on sales process implementation and professional leadership development. My clients are sales professionals and small to medium-sized business owners in the Pacific Northwest.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wave One Films?

I wanted to tell my story to help my prospects better understand what I do and how I help them. I needed a way to tell my story so I could differentiate myself from the traditional sales training companies.

I wanted to build awareness and position our brand in the marketplace to increase understanding and sales.

I knew I wanted to use video to tell my story but was hesitant to spend the money for a full-service agency and the number of people that are often involved that slow the process and increase the spend. I wanted it to be professional and compelling and knew the dime a dozen video guys would not cut it.

Once I sat down with Wave One Films and they spent the time to ask the right questions to truly understand my needs, it was clear they had the experience and the ability to tell my story.

The most compelling approach that differentiated Wave One Films from the other firms was the storyboard session. They really have a knack for getting the person in front of the camera to feel comfortable, so the genuine storyline comes across. The camera did not come out until the initial session was completed, and the story direction was on track.

I worked with both owners at Wave One Films, which allows the communication to work seamlessly. The ownership and pride in what they do are easy to spot. I felt I was a top priority and they made the process comfortable and efficient.

The film has been a huge help in getting our story to connect with our prospects and generated more engagement than any other form of social media or traditional marketing. It opens the door for a more in-depth conversation about how I help my clients and creates a level of trust before we even connect.

Workflow and communication were excellent, and I was in the loop the entire process. The years of experience they bring to the project prevented so many costly mistakes that a less tenured team would not have seen coming — also, just a lot of fun to work with.

The most impressive part of the Wave One experience was their ability to capture my story while allowing me to be authentic and camera comfortable. They guided our team through the entire process, which made working together with an amazing collaborative experience.

Holly (Co-Founder, Wave One Films) and Wayne (Creative Director, Wave One Films) went above and beyond to make this a fun and profitable experience.

Overall Score Top notch talent and great story tellers
    Great communication and never missed a deadline
    They should raise their rates. But not until I finish my follow up project.
    They're creative and on target.
    I can trust they will do a good job and can refer Wave One Films without hesitation.

Photography & Video Production for Architecture & Design Company

"I always marvel at their ability to understand and capture the narrative of our story so well."

Apr. - June 2019

Wave One Films produced an informational video. Beyond film, their services included photography and interviewing storytellers.

Portland, Oregon
Karina Ruiz
Principal, BRIC Architecture

Stakeholders are enthusiastic about the finished product. Wave One Films maintained regular, responsive communication with stakeholders.

I am a founding principal at BRIC Architecture, Inc.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wave One Films?

To create a video highlighting a partnership with GirlsBuild to create a design build camp for young girls to learn about architecture and design.

We wanted to tell a compelling story about this work and how it impacted the girls to highlight our mission to empower learners to change the world and to inspire community

Previous work with them

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Since we had worked with Holly and Wayne previously, we trusted them to help us tell a good story in a compelling way. We met with them early on and described the story we wanted to tell. Holly & Wayne showed up for 2 days of our camp to capture photo and video and to interview key storytellers. They then sent us drafts to review and created the finished product based on our feedback.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Most of our coordination was via email. Holly was great about keeping in the know of where they were and if they needed anything further from us.

Just launched so nothing to report yet beyond incredible excitement on our end.

It was fantastic. they were so responsive.

None

Video Production for Several Nonprofit Initiatives

"I really appreciated their attention to detail and personal service."

Jan. 2014 - Jan. 2019

Wave One Films is a partner of choice for anything related to video production. They’ve created both event-specific and storytelling videos for raising awareness and gathering financial support for each cause.

Arlington, Virginia
Christine Dockter
CEO & Director, Various Nonprofits

Their work increased awareness and donations during events. Wave One Films excels at grasping the unique needs of each project, producing results that exceed expectations. Other highlights include their creativity, great communication and listening skills, and willingness to adapt to tight budgets.

I've worked with Wave One Films in my time leading various nonprofits. I was CEO of the Oregon and SW Washington Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and a board member of a Jesuit high school.

For what projects/services did your company hire Wave One Films?

I engaged with them to create videos for the different organizations I was involved in.

Each project had separate goals but they all were targeted to raise awareness of a specific project/mission with the intention of gathering both corporate and individual financial support.

They were introduced to me by a professional colleague. After reviewing their work and meeting them in person, I knew that the organizations I led were in professional and capable hands.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

While at Komen, Wave One Films helped us with a general awareness mission video for breast cancer as well as a few videos for our fundraising event. At the Jesuit high school, we used their skills similarly to increase awareness and raise funds for specific projects.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

There were multiple checkpoints during the process and I found both founders to be top-notch professionals.

The event videos always resulted in increased donations on the days of the event. We used additional footage on the websites as well as in email marketing strategies.

Wave One Films approaches each engagement with the intention to understand the unique objectives of the project and the outcome that is desired. What I found refreshing was that there was great care to understand the variety of stakeholders involved in the process, as well as the intended internal and external audiences. The quality of their projects and the results exceeded expectations. They were creative and highly proficient.

The workflow was excellent and communication management was outstanding. Wave One Films understands customer service and truly listens to what the client wants. Their years of experience result in a remarkable end product.

I really appreciated their attention to detail and personal service. They are true professionals.

None that I would note.

Overall Score It’s always a pleasure to work with them. We’ve had wonderful results.
    Wave One Films accommodates to busy schedules.
    They can work within any budget and will suggest ways to save when applicable.
    Wave One Films is my go-to video storyteller for generating maximum impact!
    I have recommended them on many occasions without hesitation.